PDA

View Full Version : what big playset/vehicle would you like to see next year?

Gothiczartan
02-22-2010, 08:47 PM
We are getting a new AT AT

next year

I hope they make another big playset vehicle

jabba sail barge, little larger scale jawa sandcrawler or the Battle Droid carrier from TPM

TheDarthVader
02-22-2010, 09:10 PM
Playset: Death Star or Jabba's Palace or a full blown Cantina!!!!

Big vehicle: super star destroyer (as big as they can do it) or jabba's sail barge or medical frigate

bigbarada
02-22-2010, 10:13 PM
I would vote Sail Barge as well.:thumbsup:

Ando
02-22-2010, 10:36 PM
Redo: A new upsized Slave I and a new upsized Outrider.

New: LAAT/c and Jabba's Sailbarge.

El Chuxter
02-22-2010, 11:27 PM
Slicker's Mom. She'd be HUGE!

bigbarada
02-22-2010, 11:42 PM

Yeah, but would she cost over $100? ;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-23-2010, 01:11 AM
I think the best choice would be the Sail Barge, but as Hasbro has said, that's probably not a great choice. I'd like to see the Twilight, but I dunno how well that would do, either. I don't think they absolutely have to make a new giant vehicle each year, even though I love the ones they've done so far.

ChukhaTrok76
02-23-2010, 01:30 AM
Ok, what about a souped up tricked out speeder? Like one of the sports types Annakin jacks in Episode II? Or an updated Swoop bike? I suppose another podracer might be cool. I'm all about the speed. :D lol. Or does a bordok count? They're kinda vehicular. :p

Ando
02-23-2010, 01:48 AM
Darn... I forgot about the Twilight. I want one of those, too as well as a Nu Class/Republic Attack Shuttle.

DarkJedi5
02-23-2010, 02:23 AM
The only large scale vehicles I'm really interested in are:
New Slave I
New Sandcrawler
Sailbarge
MTT
and maybe the Republic Attack Shuttle

As far as play sets go, well according to a Q&A response posted today, don't expect to see them for a loooooong time. If ever.

Old Fossil
02-23-2010, 07:26 AM
I wouldn't buy a Sail Barge, but I'd like to see it made, as it would make a lot of you guys here very happy.:thumbsup:

dindae
02-23-2010, 08:33 AM

I don't see a market since everyone has had that.

Honestly I think the only real option for me would be the Sailbarge. If theye could make it interesting Tantive IV and Star Destroyer. I doubt they would but if they decide to do playsets I could rattle of a few.

pbarnard
02-23-2010, 09:07 AM
Yeah, but would she cost over $100? ;)

Dude, it's a free will donation. Plus have you seen the awesome tatoo of her on Slicker's arm? The Fu Manchu's she's sportin' :thumbsup:

Actually, for 2011, no large vehicle. Keep them spaced 2 years or so like they're doing, so I'll wait till 2012 and probably choose the sail barge, but maybe by then I'll have a band saw and could attempt a decent half barge cut away.

dindae
02-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Actually, for 2011, no large vehicle. Keep them spaced 2 years or so like they're doing, so I'll wait till 2012 and probably choose the sail barge, but maybe by then I'll have a band saw and could attempt a decent half barge cut away.

They haven't skipped a year to my knowledge. We had Turbo Tank last year and the Falcon/AT-TE the year before.

pbarnard
02-23-2010, 01:55 PM
They haven't skipped a year to my knowledge. We had Turbo Tank last year and the Falcon/AT-TE the year before.

They have if you don't collect Clone Wars. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
02-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Slicker's Mom has been tentatively confirmed for 2012, but she will be a carrying case, not a playset. Hasbro confirmed she can hold all the Star Wars action figures manufactured by Kenner, Hasbro, and Sideshow, with room to spare.

bigbarada
02-23-2010, 02:49 PM
According to Hasbro's answers on Toy News International, they still don't consider playsets viable right now.

TNI: Why are you able to get really big expensive vehicles like the new Falcon and AT-AT to retail but not playsets like Cloud City or the Death Star? I would think something like a playset would allow people to display their figures better than on a vehicle and have more playability for kids?

Hasbro: In the high-end price range, we can't afford failure due to a lack of real strong traction with kids. Action figure playsets have really struggled to find relevancy over the last 15 years, and almost every manufacturer has likewise largely abandoned the concept. Instead, we have focused on vehicles like the Millennium Falcon, AT-TE, and Turbo Tank which fulfill the same basic need as a playset but are even better become they are also mobile. The vehicles have been a real strong area of growth for the Star Wars line and these high-end vehicles have been a great addition to the line. We do hold the door open to someday releasing an updated playset, but it would need to have firm grounding in the new entertainment to make it a "must-have" for kids.

The "firm grounding in the new entertainment" part suggests that we shouldn't get our hopes up for any non-Clone Wars playsets.

pbarnard
02-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Wait, the BMF is mobile? And a kid can do it no less? This kid has to be bigger than me, and I'm only 6'1" 250.

bigbarada
02-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Wait, the BMF is mobile? And a kid can do it no less? This kid has to be bigger than me, and I'm only 6'1" 250.

I guess "theoretically mobile" still counts as mobile. :D

Using that logic, they could start selling playsets as planets. Instead of a Mos Eisley playset, we get the entire planet of Tatooine in toy form. Instead of the Shield Bunker, we get the entire moon of Endor.:)

Snowtrooper
02-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Sailbarge and sandcrawler top my list for vehicles.

As far as playsets go, I'd like to see the death star, star destroyer, or Tantive IV made. I'd also like to see a DSII throne room or a Bespin playset as well.

darthbooger
02-24-2010, 08:19 AM
If you drop the BMF on your feet you can qualify for disability. Thanks Hasbro!! :laugh:

Sinscia Fat'o
02-24-2010, 10:21 AM
i dont see why hasbro dont just make battle packs like they do for targets that have plastic enviroment pieces...like sarlac and lars homestead and use those as playsets...package a few figures in there like lukes, vaders etc and wham u have playsets. U could do throne room, bespin dining room, cantinia, shield bunker...course the last one sucked major booty...who knws but my clamoring for playsets has been silenced as i dont have room for them and i really cant afford them with bills and all, but hey for those of you who want them i wish u all good luck....

Devo
02-24-2010, 01:11 PM
It seems Hasbro are thinking about doing the MTT from The Phantom Menace. It was in one of their answers in the latest Q&A from some site, sorry too lazy to check which. :rolleyes:

But they say it would not be in the Huge Vehicle range. They'd be looking to keep the essence of what it does in the film but not make it a $100 plus vehicle.

Anyway, my biggest BIG want is the Sailbarge. Its the most glaring vehicle omission from the entire line so far IMO - a lot of action takes place on it in Return of the Jedi with a multitude of characters. Obviously anything they made would be scaled down but hopefully not to a ridiculous degree.

DarthQuack
02-24-2010, 01:59 PM

She'd be a buck twenty five sucka!

mtriv73
02-24-2010, 04:02 PM
If it doesn't have to be in the $100 range then I'd say an upgraded Slave one.

If you're only talking $100 plus then Jabbas sail barge.

There are so many great playset opportunities that I really wish Hasbro would try them out on a small scale. I'd love to have an Endor Bunker, several Death Star scenes, and some dagobah set pieces and a Star Destroyer Bridge.

DarkArtist
02-24-2010, 05:19 PM
i'd like to see a Death Star Playset that works for both ANH and ROTJ (even though Hasbro refuses to do playsets) or a large cantina....

as for a vehicle would love to see a Rebel Blockade Runner (which could double as a playset) or the Twlight (which again could double as a playset)

clone157
02-24-2010, 09:41 PM
Why don't we have a company like Fansproject for Star wars? I was just thinking the other day about a modular set up with walkways, gantrys and uprights for elevating them. Throw in some railings and ladders and you have build it yourself dioramas. Then you can do different styles for Ewok village, or Jabba's palace. I have already started doing drawings for cantina scenes. (for those that don't know, Fansproject makes add-on gear for the Transformers line, making Hasbro's designs better, and more faithful to their source material.)

pbarnard
02-24-2010, 10:02 PM
Why don't we have a company like Fansproject for Star wars?

Licensing. You could never do it and have it be for sale/profit. Hasbro would be expected to shut it down first to protect their license and to uphold their agreement with Lucas Licensing/Film.

bigbarada
02-24-2010, 11:16 PM
What is Fansproject?

Darth Metalmute
02-25-2010, 10:42 AM
I suppose another podracer might be cool.

I think a $150 dollar podracer set with figures is a good idea. 5 podracers with 5 figures, in one box.

For myself, I would really lie to see a Death Star playset that rivals the lego version. If done correctly, the price would not be an issue.

The Space Outlaw
02-26-2010, 09:14 PM
If it doesn't have to be in the $100 range then I'd say an upgraded Slave one.

I'd pay $100 for a bigger, better-scaled Slave I with an interior, moving cockpit assembly, boarding ramp, movable rear/bottom sensor dish, and light-up engines and cockpit. Since there's a ton of hidden weapons on the ship, there's built-in play value to attract the attention of kids. You could put in pop-out missile launchers, droppable "mines" and retractable midships cannons as seen in AOTC, plus a "holding cell" for those non-carbonite-encased prisoners, storage lockers for weapons and other bits, and of course a small cargo area for Giant Novelty Candle Han Solo. There's plenty of electronic sounds and lights to shove in there. And the best part is, a new coat of paint makes it a viable re-release in just a few short years or even a store exclusive (by making a production-model Firespray or some other such nonsense). It's a great opportunity for Hasbro and Heck yeah, I for one would pay $100 for that. In a friggin' heartbeat. I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one.

Hasbro? Please??:yes:

Devo
02-27-2010, 07:34 PM
A slave I built to the size which warrants a $100 plus price tag would probably really be in scale with the figures. Hasbro would never do that - everything gets shrunk down however slightly and regardless of whether it could be made to accurate scale within a proven pricepoint. They always go for the pricepoint just below that. If they didn't make an exciting, prominently seen vehicle like the AT-ST in proper scale they most certainly wouldn't do the Slave I that way.

RENDAR LIVES
03-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Jabba's barge would be awsome. Hasbro could sell skiffs to compliment it at the star fighter retail if the put enough playability into them as well. This scene isn't a priority for me but I think it could be cool.

Slave-1 is my ship I want most right now. I mostly prefer the red and green but I'd buy both Jango and Boba decos for it cause I'm a sucker. I want the sonic charges, light up thrusters with sounds, tilting wings, lazer cannons that act as pistons when they fire with sound effects, a landing ramp, carbonite block, no handle bar, multiple levels for the cockpit and prison cells. Am I missing anything?

I'm getting the snowspeeder but I still find it a little lacking. I'm not sure what to ask for in an update since I don't have one in hand.

I want a V-wing and N-1 starfighters with light up cannons and sound fx. This time with removable droid sockets.

A new A-wing and OT Y-wing with light up cannons, sound fx, and light up thrusters. I hope they save room for the landing gear. I'd pay through the teeth for these with those electronics even if they are just small starfighter scale vehicles. That might have made the difference on the new Tie Interceptor for me at the price TRU is asking.

I think a larger scale Sith Scimitar would be a nice mini playset with space for Darth Maul's speeder. About the same size class as a new Slave-1.

The Tantive IV would be pretty amazing. It's one of those few ships we have seen more interior of. So there are lots of play ideas.

A star destroyer would be awsome too, even if scaled down.

The Death Star I think is safe to say is on everybodies wish lists. Think of like 3 or 4 BMFs stacked atop each other. They could release each level once a year for 4 years. If it was guaranteed, I think most if not everyone would buy it. However if sales slumped on any set we'd be screwed out of an investment or hope of completing it. It's a commitment but you could fit in the chasm, cell block, garbage chute, hangar, control room, throne room, lift tube, tractor beam generators, and more. It obviously would get cramped and be no where near scale. I really like what lego did with their DS playset. I wish Hasbro would do something for the 3.75 figures. Heck, I'd even buy the DS throne room on it's own or other parts of of the space station seperately.

Bespin carbon freezing chamber would be a nice one. So would the Endor bunker. Echo Base is a no brainer. There really isn't much from the PT that I think I'd want outside of the starfighters. I love my EU but most of the vehicle designes put me off.

RENDAR LIVES
03-01-2010, 11:15 PM
Slave-1 is my ship I want most right now. I mostly prefer the red and green but I'd buy both Jango and Boba decos for it cause I'm a sucker. I want the sonic charges, light up thrusters with sounds, tilting wings, lazer cannons that act as pistons when they fire with sound effects, a landing ramp, carbonite block, no handle bar, multiple levels for the cockpit and prison cells. Am I missing anything?

I'd pay $100 for a bigger, better-scaled Slave I with an interior, moving cockpit assembly, boarding ramp, movable rear/bottom sensor dish, and light-up engines and cockpit. Since there's a ton of hidden weapons on the ship, there's built-in play value to attract the attention of kids. You could put in pop-out missile launchers, droppable "mines" and retractable midships cannons as seen in AOTC, plus a "holding cell" for those non-carbonite-encased prisoners, storage lockers for weapons and other bits, and of course a small cargo area for Giant Novelty Candle Han Solo. There's plenty of electronic sounds and lights to shove in there. And the best part is, a new coat of paint makes it a viable re-release in just a few short years or even a store exclusive (by making a production-model Firespray or some other such nonsense). It's a great opportunity for Hasbro and Heck yeah, I for one would pay $100 for that. In a friggin' heartbeat. I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one.

Hasbro? Please??:yes:

I guess that answers my question! :shocked:

Blue2th
03-02-2010, 08:06 AM
Jabba's Sailbarge!

Darth Metalmute
03-03-2010, 08:31 AM
I don't know if I would buy a 100 dollar Slave I. It would be nice to have one that is slightly bigger, but not 100 dollar big. Problem is, I think the current Slave one was 50 dollars last time at retail. So at todays market value, its 70 dollars. Any upgrades in size put it in the 100 dollar range.

The Space Outlaw
03-03-2010, 06:19 PM
I don't know if I would buy a 100 dollar Slave I. It would be nice to have one that is slightly bigger, but not 100 dollar big. Problem is, I think the current Slave one was 50 dollars last time at retail. So at todays market value, its 70 dollars. Any upgrades in size put it in the 100 dollar range.

If the size increase also comes with an increase in features and "play value" wouldn't that be worth the extra money? The BMF proved what Hasbro can do when they really put their heads together and try, and Slave I is a popular ship. It has instant recognition as an iconic Star Wars vehicle. And, as I stated before, there's a lot they could pack into it in that scale without sacrificing proportions or aesthetics. I just think it has a ton of potential and if it's done right I would definitely be willing to shell out the cash for it.

bigbarada
03-03-2010, 06:35 PM
If the size increase also comes with an increase in features and "play value" wouldn't that be worth the extra money? The BMF proved what Hasbro can do when they really put their heads together and try, and Slave I is a popular ship. It has instant recognition as an iconic Star Wars vehicle. And, as I stated before, there's a lot they could pack into it in that scale without sacrificing proportions or aesthetics. I just think it has a ton of potential and if it's done right I would definitely be willing to shell out the cash for it.

Yeah, but there were a lot of iconic scenes happening inside the Falcon during the films. Apart from the cockpit, we don't even see the inside of the Slave 1, and even that is just a reveal of Boba Fett.

I can see it being popular with Boba Fett fans, of which there are many, but claiming that the Slave 1 is anywhere near the level of "iconic-ness" as the Millenium Falcon is silly, IMO.

RENDAR LIVES
03-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Outside of Ties, X-wings, the Death Star, and Falcon I don't think anything else could compare as an icon. However the Slave-1 is gonna be a lot more noticable than a B-wing or A-wing in the films. So I'm sure it's a lot more likely to be done than most other vessels.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-04-2010, 12:14 AM
At Toy Fair, Hasbro revealed that Boba Fett (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/speed-stars/p33157-hasbro-star-wars.html) is going to be in the show (look at that packaging and you'll see a clearly animated young Boba; he even got spiffy new red sleeves :p ). I figure they would have painted the ship green and put a picture of the OT Boba if we're not going to see the Slave I in the show. And we're all assuming he'll be featured prominently in the live action show. So it's highly likely we'll see more Slave I action within the next few years, increasing the chances we'll get a new one, and then a repaint, I bet.

As it is now, I like the 2002/2004 ones a lot. The toys do just about everything the ship did in the films (and I don't care too much whether or not it can hold Han in carbonite), so until we see it a lot more, I don't care about an upgrade.

Darth Metalmute
03-04-2010, 08:00 AM

I guess it depends what you really want. I personally just want a bigger ship with a better place for Han's carbonite to go and a better cockpit. Maybe a jail cell, but only if there room left over. That being said, the cost of these additions would be greater than my need for them. Now if you want a Slave I that looks like the one in the Cross sections book, you are going to pay for it. I just don't think it's worth it. The last Slave I released was nicely done.

As it is now, I like the 2002/2004 ones a lot. The toys do just about everything the ship did in the films (and I don't care too much whether or not it can hold Han in carbonite), so until we see it a lot more, I don't care about an upgrade.

Problem is, if we see anymore of the ship, it will likely be Jango's Slave I and not Boba's Slave I. I think most people want Boba's version. It would be nice if Hasbro did a ship with replaceable color panels. But that would not be smart by them. Although a color changing one like they do with Hot Wheels would be cool.

DarkJedi5
03-04-2010, 11:19 AM
As a proponent for the Slave I, what I really want is a ship that has room for the carbonite block, a better cockpit, and a ship that looks more like what we saw on screen. I may be in the minority here, but the only Slave I I have is the POTF2 version and it blows. I missed the other two incarnations and so I don't know if they are any good or not. What I would hate to have happen is that I would go and pay a good sum of money on eBay just to find out a year latter that they are redoing this classic (and popular) Star Wars vehicle. I would buy it twice in AOTC and ESB colors and I think kids might be drawn to another incarnation, though maybe not both versions.

Darth Metalmute
03-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Is the version you have from the mid 90's? If that's the case, then yeah, it blows. They re-did the mold for ATOC and it was pretty good. then the released it as Boba's version a few years later as a Target exclusive.

DarkJedi5
03-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Yeah the mid 90's one is what I've got. I think I actually got it in SOTE packaging.... I saw the rereleases but it's been so long now I almost expect Hasbro to redo it or rerelease it so buying on eBay seems incredibly foolish.

The Space Outlaw
03-04-2010, 04:26 PM
I can see it being popular with Boba Fett fans, of which there are many, but claiming that the Slave 1 is anywhere near the level of "iconic-ness" as the Millenium Falcon is silly, IMO.

I stated that it's a ship with a big fan base that can easily fall into the size class Hasbro considers to be worth $100, and that there's a lot of features that can be packed into it to attract children--and, because said features can easily be based on the ship's known capabilities as seen on-screen, it can be done without alienating older collectors, a lot of whom consider such action features to be annoying and cheesy when they're just "thrown in" to get kids to want it. It's been seen in two movies, tons of comics and books, and it belongs to a character loved by millions.

In contrast, the Turbo Tank has been seen on-screen for all of about twenty to thirty seconds and we never saw any part of its interior. Hasbro still released it at the $100 price point and it still sold, apparently well enough that I've personally never seen one on clearance. Its only other appearances have been literary, and under a different name no less (probably because Marvel has the rights to the "Juggernaut" name sewn up). No named character has ever been associated with one, and half the stuff they put in the toy was made-up to fill space. What we see on-screen is so lacking in reference to what it could theoretically do Hasbro had to re-hash a three-year-old speeder bike mold to include in the package. Because we don't see it do much on screen, I have to assume much of what was built into it is based on info from the Incredible Cross-Sections book, which many here decry as an atrocious source of reference material and, at best, a compromise between artists (I personally love the book).

And yet the Turbo Tank sold.

In my opinion, Slave I, by comparison, should sell even better.

I said it was iconic, which to me means you take one look at it and know exactly where it comes from without needing to ask. It's undeniably instantly recognizable as a Star Wars vehicle. I never said it had the "iconic-ness" of the Falcon. Nothing in Star Wars does, except maybe the Death Star, and I'd appreciate it if you keep the insults to yourself.

bigbarada
03-05-2010, 08:08 AM
I stated that it's a ship with a big fan base that can easily fall into the size class Hasbro considers to be worth $100, and that there's a lot of features that can be packed into it to attract children--and, because said features can easily be based on the ship's known capabilities as seen on-screen, it can be done without alienating older collectors, a lot of whom consider such action features to be annoying and cheesy when they're just "thrown in" to get kids to want it. It's been seen in two movies, tons of comics and books, and it belongs to a character loved by millions.

In contrast, the Turbo Tank has been seen on-screen for all of about twenty to thirty seconds and we never saw any part of its interior. Hasbro still released it at the $100 price point and it still sold, apparently well enough that I've personally never seen one on clearance. Its only other appearances have been literary, and under a different name no less (probably because Marvel has the rights to the "Juggernaut" name sewn up). No named character has ever been associated with one, and half the stuff they put in the toy was made-up to fill space. What we see on-screen is so lacking in reference to what it could theoretically do Hasbro had to re-hash a three-year-old speeder bike mold to include in the package. Because we don't see it do much on screen, I have to assume much of what was built into it is based on info from the Incredible Cross-Sections book, which many here decry as an atrocious source of reference material and, at best, a compromise between artists (I personally love the book).

And yet the Turbo Tank sold.

In my opinion, Slave I, by comparison, should sell even better.

I said it was iconic, which to me means you take one look at it and know exactly where it comes from without needing to ask. It's undeniably instantly recognizable as a Star Wars vehicle. I never said it had the "iconic-ness" of the Falcon. Nothing in Star Wars does, except maybe the Death Star, and I'd appreciate it if you keep the insults to yourself.

No insult intended and I definitely didn't mean to word my post like a personal attack.

For what it's worth, I might actually buy a $100 Slave 1, but I'm not one of those who thinks that it "must" be made. The 2004 OTC Slave 1 was perfect as far as I'm concerned.

DarkArtist
03-05-2010, 09:34 AM
i for one would also love to see a larger more realistic version of Slave 1 that could be redone for either Jango or Boba but i feel that Hasbro would really not give the fans what they truly want... i mean some of the features for the ship are almost all pure EU and since Hasbro is sorta moving away from EU i doubt that they woould invest the time and money into redoing the ship..

The Space Outlaw
03-05-2010, 07:02 PM
No insult intended and I definitely didn't mean to word my post like a personal attack.

For what it's worth, I might actually buy a $100 Slave 1, but I'm not one of those who thinks that it "must" be made. The 2004 OTC Slave 1 was perfect as far as I'm concerned.

:thumbsup:S'all good, man. And I'm not saying it "must" be made either; it's something I would personally love to see and would go to great lengths to purchase (as I will the BAT-AT upon its release) and I believe it would be a good return on any money and effort Hasbro might wish to invest in it, perhaps a better return than some of their other offerings. I really hope, if any reps read these forums, that they take the idea under serious consideration.

El Chuxter
03-05-2010, 07:10 PM
As a kid I had the vintage Slave I. I only played with it because it was a vehicle that Santa Claus had brought to me instead of a TIE Fighter. Even then, I thought it was a strange, somewhat dull design. I seriously doubt I'd buy an improved one.

Devo
03-05-2010, 08:06 PM
I'm just not massively excited about the new AT-AT. Back in 98 when I got my first one I certainly was, my brothers never had it (I was born too late) but a friend of mine did and I was blown away by the size of it. Of course I wouldn't have been fully grown at the time or even when I eventually got mine.

But this new one, I dunno. It wouldn't have been my choice for a redo simply because I personally have no diorama for it. The battlefields of Hoth would be just too big and space consuming. So my AT-AT just sits around and ultimately thats all this one will do. When I buy the new one my POTF2 will be useless beyond nostalgiac/toy historical value. I suppose I'm not eager for that to happen like some are.

Darkross
03-31-2010, 10:36 AM
In keeping with the ESB 30th Anniversary, I'd love to see a FULL 3 3/4 scale playset of the Carbon Freezing Chamber (complete with carbonite freezing block, that you could freeze / thaw your own Han Solo figures) :thumbsup:

OR

A "Modular" Hoth Rebel Base playset (complete with blast doors and command center), that you could build and design the layout how you see fit (similar to the POTF2 DeathStar playsets of 1997).:thumbsup:

As for vehicles...I still like to see a new Landspeeder released. It's been 8 years since we last saw that vehicle in the wild with the Saga packaging. I passed on it then not knowing that I want it now!:cry:

DarkArtist
03-31-2010, 02:08 PM
In keeping with the ESB 30th Anniversary, I'd love to see a FULL 3 3/4 scale playset of the Carbon Freezing Chamber (complete with carbonite freezing block, that you could freeze / thaw your own Han Solo figures) :thumbsup:

OR

A "Modular" Hoth Rebel Base playset (complete with blast doors and command center), that you could build and design the layout how you see fit (similar to the POTF2 DeathStar playsets of 1997).:thumbsup:

As for vehicles...I still like to see a new Landspeeder released. It's been 8 years since we last saw that vehicle in the wild with the Saga packaging. I passed on it then not knowing that I want it now!:cry:

nice ideas.. would love to see an updated Carbonite Chamber and maybe 3 modular sets that can be attached to the Chamber to form the Bespin Control Room, Bespin Gantry, and perhaps a Bespin Hallway/dining area.

Hoth would be awesome as well but it would need to have a Wampa Cave as well

The Space Outlaw
04-06-2010, 11:12 PM
nice ideas.. would love to see an updated Carbonite Chamber and maybe 3 modular sets that can be attached to the Chamber to form the Bespin Control Room, Bespin Gantry, and perhaps a Bespin Hallway/dining area.

Hoth would be awesome as well but it would need to have a Wampa Cave as well

I'd be down with any of these. As much as I want more "ships", I have to admit some of the old playsets were really great and a big set with lots of features and great ways to display figures would be a welcome addition to my shelves.

Ando
04-07-2010, 11:53 AM
One thing that I would realy love to see is a big Republic outpost/base with a briefing room, command center, landing pads for LAAT/i's and V-19's, skybridge type walkways, etc.

I know we won't get one, but it'd be neat to have.

DarkArtist
04-07-2010, 01:18 PM
One thing that I would realy love to see is a big Republic outpost/base with a briefing room, command center, landing pads for LAAT/i's and V-19's, skybridge type walkways, etc.

I know we won't get one, but it'd be neat to have.

i kinda wanna design something similiar to this for Display purposes... i have 2 Gunships and 1 V-19 so i was also thinking about putting perhaps a few Jedi Starfighters in the mix as well.