PDA

View Full Version : SSG's Monthly Hasbro Q&A - February 23rd

JediTricks
02-23-2010, 02:27 AM
Is Sgt. Edian really Sgt. Edian? We find out from Hasbro's answers to SSG questions for February 23rd, 2010. Thanks again to Hasbro for the answers, to all the folks who sent in questions and especially those who voted on them.

Hasbro Q&A for the week of February 23rd, 2010

SSG: While we know that the readership of ToyFare Magazine and its parent company, Wizard, are not chiefly a Star Wars collecting-oriented group which can give weird results like the 2006 EU-centric Fans Choice poll, it seems like the most recent Fans Choice poll results are arousing even more raised eyebrows and suspicions among the collecting community. Certain characters seem to have come out of nowhere to claim top spots, and the website which ToyFare ran the poll seemed to have no obvious safeguards against ballot-stuffing. To quell fans suspicions on this, where there safeguards in place to prevent overzealous fans from flooding the poll with votes? We know it's just a toy line, but obviously collectors take it seriously, so what can you tell fans to satisfy their concerns about the poll's veracity, that this is truly all of their choices, and not just the choices of a few unscrupulous fanatics?

Hasbro: We were vigilant to make sure the poll ran smoothly, and we can verify that Wizard World counted only one vote per IP-address (despite what appeared to be glitches that allowed multiple votes). Overall, the votes were surprisingly evenly distributed. The final results were interesting in the sense that there was a burst of EU characters at the top of the charts, followed by a long stretch of film characters. This tells us that there is demand still for a few higher-profile and interesting EU characters. This poll provides a good roadmap for the next few years just as the previous poll did. The 2006 results were very prophetic; many of the characters from that list that inspired development turned out to be some of our most popular from the last few years. While we won't have the widened EU scope over the next few years that we have had recently, we are still passionate about bringing great characters from other media into the lineup.

SSG: Regarding the head on the Cloud City Wing Guard figure, the cardback bio suggests this is supposed to be Sgt. Edian, yet while the coloring is a black person's and Edian is a black man, the sculpt is clearly that of a white guy. Everything about the head sculpt, even the part in the hair, is a different guy given a dark brown deco. While it could be seen technically as an update to the vintage black Bespin Security Guard on skin tone alone, the features and cardback on that Kenner figure were clearly Edian and were differentiated from the other Kenner white Bespin Guard figure. In fact, there is some similarity to another guard, Sgt. Merril, an older white man. Was the original idea to produce a Merril figure and that looked too similar to the planned Utris M'Toc so his ethnicity was changed? Why was this new Edian figure given a white guy's face sculpt? Any chance we'll see this head sculpt again as Sgt. Merril, and a new, more accurate Sgt. Edian sculpt in the future?

Hasbro: The Bespin Security figure sculpt reference was based on Sgt. Edian. While it was not our intent, we see how you might think the sculpt does have some resemblance to Sgt. Merril. That was not the intent, in any case.
- -

And our questions at CollectionStation.com (http://www.collectionstation.com/groups/view/Star-Wars/Official-Hasbro-Q-A-22210_74):

Most of Emperor Palpatine's scenes from ROTJ feature him seated in his throne, which hasn't been released in 13 years. That release, the "Final Jedi Duel" Cinema Scene, suffers by comparison with newer items in its relative lack of detailing and permanent attachment to the extended base from that set. Have you considered, or would you consider now that we brought it up, an improved version of the throne which would ideally have more detailed controls, a swivel base (that's not several inches long), and Luke's lightsaber hilt (with a spot to put it on the arm)? Oh, and while we're at it, what about an Emperor who can sit in it as well as he stands?
Many collectors are reporting their local stores' Star Wars pegs clogged with slow-moving Saga Legends figures, stagnating and choking out Legacy Droid Factory basic figures. Recently, Wal-mart and Target stores have been selling "blockbuster value" buy-1-get-1-free 2packs of Saga Legends basic cards alongside the 2packs of Legacy basics. The SKU is the only one in the brand to not be changing this year. And now your site is offering a promotion where the purchase of many of the Role Play toys will get 3 free Saga Legends figures. Is the future of Saga Legends perhaps not as bright as had originally been forecasted? If not, why the incidents mentioned above? We already know that the main figure line in 2010 will be more a mix of Greatest Hits and have vintage-themed packaging which will help differentiate it from Clone Wars, and Saga Legends is going to share the CW line's card style, so how will Saga Legends fit into the mix other than a packaging change, will it be scaled back so as to not overwhelm the pegs? Will we see a quicker rotation of product so to avoid pegwarmers like Saesee Tiin or character crossovers into Clone Wars and Legacy like Plo Koon?

JediTricks
02-23-2010, 02:32 AM
I really don't know how they can say Edian is Edian with a straight face. (pun intended :p )

Well, they say it was 1 vote per IP address, so only those with rotating IP addies or access to a proxy server (which, now that I think of it, would be a dandy way to do this), so I guess folks just have bad taste. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-23-2010, 02:19 PM
If the one-vote-per-IP-address thing is true, then it's kind of funny to think some people wasted their time voting again and again. Then again, it means that way too many people want Jocasta Nu. Hmm . . .

The CS answer about Saga Legends is interesting. It's good to know that Saesee and Plo won't be in it anymore. They say they want to stick to A-level characters, but we already know Bossk is coming in this way. Not sure if that's a great idea.

Dewback Patrol got confirmation on Dr. Evazan, Ponda Baba, and Bom Vimdin for fall 2011. I thought the first two would be out in early 2011 . . . we'll see. I wonder, then, if the Ponda Baba card will have the "Walrus Man" moniker? Seeing as how they changed "Zuckuss" to "4-LOM," they're not above changing to the most accurate name, so it's possible.

Galactic Hunter's answer seems to suggest pretty strongly that a new Oola is coming with Jabba later in the year. Sweet! They also got word that Ziro won't be released to stores but might be a mail-away next year (which would have to be a huge mail-away).

SW Collector got word that the Droid Gunship is planned, but not confirmed, for 2011, so I guess those prototypes we saw were a bit premature.

El Chuxter
02-23-2010, 02:33 PM
I think they're lying about Edian, but they made Teek, so it's all good!

It wouldn't be that hard to get access to multiple IP's, if one was determined. For instance, in college, I was pretty much the only Star Wars collector at my school, or at least the only one who would care enough to vote in such a poll. Simply logging into different computers in the five computer labs could've given me a few dozen (maybe a few hundred) distinct IP addresses. I also worked for Information Services; even though I was pretty low-level, that would've been another dozen or so computers I had access to.

Today, most people have their own computers, but I could still probably call up a few dozen people and start a conversation with, "I know you don't collect Star Wars toys, but could you do me a little favor....?"

bigbarada
02-23-2010, 02:38 PM
That is disturbing that so many different people would be voting for Jocasta Nu, or that Jocasta fans are so obsessive that they would vote multiple times from home, school, public libraries, neighbor's houses, etc.

Although I don't think the majority of fans, who voted for her, really WANT Jocasta Nu as a figure. They just think they need her to complete their collection.

Anyways, some interesting bits from JediTempleArchives.com:
1. it looks like Hasbro intends to at least try to release updates of all 96 vintage figures on vintage cards within the next few years.

2. no more Ewok 2-packs, it's single packed Ewoks from now on.

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5882

Unfortunately, according to YakFace.com, Hasbro doesn't plan to rerelease the POTF cards without coins and they don't plan to make any more coins. So it seems that the "last 15" POTF figures are getting pushed to the back of the line for updates.
http://www.yakfaceforums.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=125&t=5246

I might work up a question to see if they would consider putting those figures onto corresponding movie cards, instead of repros of the POTF cards. In other words, put 14 of them on ROTJ cards and Luke Stormtrooper on a Star Wars card.

Backing up a bit, the Ewok thing doesn't bother me, since all we really have left is Wicket, Logray, Teebo and Lumat from the vintage figures (even though the 2007 Graak is really Lumat and no stupid EU writer is going to tell me different).

Wicket, Logray and Teebo are recognizable enough to sell on their own, IMO. Especially Wicket. Plus maybe this means that we'll see these figures made with all new sculpts, instead of recycled parts. Also, Hasbro is really going to have to pull out all the stops on sculpting, detail, paint applications and accessories if they want to make these guys look like a good value at $7.99.

JediTricks
02-23-2010, 03:12 PM
The CS questions have been added.

pbarnard
02-23-2010, 03:17 PM

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5882

Backing up a bit, the Ewok thing doesn't bother me, since all we really have left is Wicket, Logray, Teebo and Lumat from the vintage figures (even though the 2007 Graak is really Lumat and no stupid EU writer is going to tell me different).

Wicket, Logray and Teebo are recognizable enough to sell on their own, IMO. Especially Wicket. Plus maybe this means that we'll see these figures made with all new sculpts, instead of recycled parts. Also, Hasbro is really going to have to pull out all the stops on sculpting, detail, paint applications and accessories if they want to make these guys look like a good value at $7.99.

Wicket and Logray I follow. I'm not sure about Teebo. Is there anything really that is wrong with the PotJ version that needs a major overhaul?

El Chuxter
02-23-2010, 03:20 PM
They've said before they'd also be re-releasing older figures in the new packaging, before it was announced to be TVC. I'd assume Teebo would be a re-release.

It's nice to see they give the ROTJ Emperor the same amount of love and attention they've lavished on ROTJ Jabba the past fifteen years. :roll:

Every answer I read about how well Legends is doing makes me want to bash my head in. Do they really believe what they're saying? Don't they realize that it's only the second-bestselling line because that's what's getting onto shelves?

bigbarada
02-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Wicket and Logray I follow. I'm not sure about Teebo. Is there anything really that is wrong with the PotJ version that needs a major overhaul?

Aside from up-to-date articulation and more overall detail, his only real flaw is that he is waaaaaay too big compared to recent Ewok figures.

They could actually get away with basing Teebo off one of the current Ewok bodies and sticking him in a battle pack. Wicket and Logray would be better as all-new sculpts.

JediTricks
02-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Ugh, I just saw this answer and audibly groaned...

Yakface.com

Q2: There are bound to be several questions asked regarding the shocker of the last Legacy EU wave (wave 13) being set as a Toys"R"Us / online exclusve. With that troublesome news, what can be said about the production run for those figures. Were they produced in the same volume as prior waves or was there a shorter production run done to avoid costly over-stock now that the TLC line is no more?

A2: Most all of the red/white Legacy Droid Factory waves have been produced in lower production volumes than in previous years in order to make sure that figures don't slow up and we can bring the next waves in. Still, despite the lower production, we have still had difficulties with getting waves to flow evenly. The EU wave will be produced in a volume similar to that of the EpII wave that came out at the end of the blue/white Legacy Droid Factory run last Spring, making it the red/white wave with the shortest production run.
This is, IMO, compounding the disaster.

sonofsokol
02-23-2010, 04:04 PM
They've said before they'd also be re-releasing older figures in the new packaging, before it was announced to be TVC. I'd assume Teebo would be a re-release.

This is what kind of bugs me... I had thought that this was the intended purpose of Saga Legends, to release troop builders and core characters without making significant upgrades/changes to the figures? I thought it was a low cost, high profit line. If they are not changing the upgrading the figure, or at least making some change in accessories, such as new paint, adding a cloak or cape or something, in my mind it belongs in the Saga Legends, not the Vintage Collection.

I did like their answer about focusing the Saga Legends to more "A-level" characters, but I am curious as to how they make the decision to make a certain figure a repack in the Vintage Collection versus a Saga Legend? At the Toy Fair, they showed Darth Vader and Boba Fett on Vintage Cards, yet they show Bosk on the Saga Legends card. It's hard to tell just from pictures, but it looks like Fett and Vader figures are just repacks.

Also, I just noticed this, but the Fett shown on the Vintage Card is different from the Fett shown loose. Look at his forearms in the images below. And the one in the slideshow presentation (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/slideshow-presentation/p33271-hasbro-star-wars.html)looks to match the carded figure, which looks like Evolutions/Legacy release.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-23-2010, 04:08 PM
The Vader is apparently a three-piece helmet version, modified from the 2008 two-piece helmet version. Boba and 4-LOM appear to be repacks. Maybe they just wanted to get those out on the vintage cards as they could appeal to collectors. Bossk was probably chosen for Saga Legends given his upcoming Clone Wars appearance. But I don't think we can apply a hard set of rules to these kinds of situations.

bigbarada
02-23-2010, 04:31 PM

Teebo would have to be resculpted to fit in with current Ewok figures. He's head and shoulders taller than Romba and Graak in this photo:
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TLC/Basic/BD18Ewoks/LC-1866.jpg
In reality, he should be no taller than Logray (see attachment).

Besides, he needs to be made with the hood that he wore onscreen (which doesn't have the large cloth piece that covers his neck and shoulders). Plus, since Hasbro says that they want to balance the smaller Ewoks out with more accessories, maybe they could pack him with a drum and some drumsticks:
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/1/1d/Teebo_drum_btm.jpg

JediTricks
02-23-2010, 04:31 PM
This is what kind of bugs me... I had thought that this was the intended purpose of Saga Legends, to release troop builders and core characters without making significant upgrades/changes to the figures? I thought it was a low cost, high profit line. If they are not changing the upgrading the figure, or at least making some change in accessories, such as new paint, adding a cloak or cape or something, in my mind it belongs in the Saga Legends, not the Vintage Collection.

I did like their answer about focusing the Saga Legends to more "A-level" characters, but I am curious as to how they make the decision to make a certain figure a repack in the Vintage Collection versus a Saga Legend? At the Toy Fair, they showed Darth Vader and Boba Fett on Vintage Cards, yet they show Bosk on the Saga Legends card. It's hard to tell just from pictures, but it looks like Fett and Vader figures are just repacks.

Also, I just noticed this, but the Fett shown on the Vintage Card is different from the Fett shown loose. Look at his forearms in the images below. And the one in the slideshow presentation (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/slideshow-presentation/p33271-hasbro-star-wars.html)looks to match the carded figure, which looks like Evolutions/Legacy release.
The carded Fett is in ESB colors, the first for the Evo body, which is good, that's how it should have been all along.

I think Bossk last being available on vintage card made it something they wanted to change focus on. Plus, with ESB being the focus this year, the Saga Legends line needs more ESB characters (or, looking at the lineup right now, ANY) and Bossk has a lot of street cred despite being a background character, so it makes sense. Vader on the other hand is already in the SL line so I think they're trying to help the "Greatest Hits" style of repacks along with that one. It's a weird little jumble but they're all the same price, so I don't feel like it's a ripoff - although I would have preferred a new Vader for ESB, something that was a little more "tough" the way he looked in that film, as opposed to the weaker zombie posture he carried in ROTJ that the existing figure highlights.

If the one-vote-per-IP-address thing is true, then it's kind of funny to think some people wasted their time voting again and again. Then again, it means that way too many people want Jocasta Nu. Hmm . . .I think it was a lot of ballot-stuffing, they admit there was a glitch but say it didn't affect voting. How can they be sure? If true, it's still easy to just hook up to an onion proxy server and go to town, changing IP addresses every few minutes and voting again.

On the other hand, maybe collectors vote for her because they know there's no other way they'll get her, and they have that "it was on screen, so it must be a figure!!!" mentality that ends up with mountains of pegwarmers.

Dewback Patrol got confirmation on Dr. Evazan, Ponda Baba, and Bom Vimdin for fall 2011. I thought the first two would be out in early 2011 . . . we'll see. I wonder, then, if the Ponda Baba card will have the "Walrus Man" moniker? Seeing as how they changed "Zuckuss" to "4-LOM," they're not above changing to the most accurate name, so it's possible.I doubt Lucasfilm would allow them to do that.

SW Collector got word that the Droid Gunship is planned, but not confirmed, for 2011, so I guess those prototypes we saw were a bit premature. Don't you believe it. I suspect you'll be seeing the Droid Gunship on display at Comic-Con and on shelves in October to December. No way they're at the test-shot phase already and not taking advantage of it for another 12 months.

I think they're lying about Edian, but they made Teek, so it's all good!I'll call it "mistaken" about Edian, but yeah, I agree they're incorrect for whatever motives on that guy.

Anyways, some interesting bits from JediTempleArchives.com:
1. it looks like Hasbro intends to at least try to release updates of all 96 vintage figures on vintage cards within the next few years.

Unfortunately, according to YakFace.com, Hasbro doesn't plan to rerelease the POTF cards without coins and they don't plan to make any more coins. So it seems that the "last 15" POTF figures are getting pushed to the back of the line for updates.
http://www.yakfaceforums.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=125&t=5246

I might work up a question to see if they would consider putting those figures onto corresponding movie cards, instead of repros of the POTF cards. In other words, put 14 of them on ROTJ cards and Luke Stormtrooper on a Star Wars card.[/quote]I think that's the plan as it is, they basically said the new movies' characters are going on classic cards, seems like no stretch to get those POTF1 figures done the same way. I assume that's the way they'd do it, but I won't stand in the way of that being a question if you wanna add it.

Wicket, Logray and Teebo are recognizable enough to sell on their own, IMO. Especially Wicket. Plus maybe this means that we'll see these figures made with all new sculpts, instead of recycled parts. Also, Hasbro is really going to have to pull out all the stops on sculpting, detail, paint applications and accessories if they want to make these guys look like a good value at $7.99. IMO, they cannot get away with this using recycled bodies with just new heads, and limited accessories. They need to really go all-out with these things if they're staying single-packed, and probably add an extra incentive since they're not Yoda or R2.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-23-2010, 04:38 PM
It's a weird little jumble but they're all the same price, so I don't feel like it's a ripoff
Actually, Clone Wars and Saga Legends are going to be $6.99 while Vintage will be $7.99, according to Derryl at the Toy Fair Q&A (as seen online). I'm not sure how I feel about this - on the one hand, cheaper Clone Wars and Legends army builders are a good thing; on the other, having two differenty priced Darth Vader figures (or other main characters) is going to be strange, especially when the cheaper one features more accessories (that battle game stuff). In the same way that people still haven't figured out the BAD system, I have to think this is going to cause a great deal of confusion.

El Chuxter
02-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Crud.... Didn't know about the price difference. That'll likely hurt TVC in terms of casual collectors. "Honey, I know you want this Vader, but this one costs a dollar less."

Devo
02-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Interesting that Hasbro, unprompted, mentioned human cantina patron Yerka Mig! Together with them saying previously that Fozec, the black guard from Jabbas palace, is on their list it gives hope that they intend to do some of the boring humans from these 2 areas of the OT. Humans are part of the diversity.

As for Ewoks now being single-packed - perhaps the added accessories will be worthwhile. Hopefully not just weapons. I always love the bits of set-dressing they've done in the past though perhaps anything like that would be too big for the coffin blister the same as a second ewok would.

bigbarada
02-23-2010, 05:29 PM
I think that's the plan as it is, they basically said the new movies' characters are going on classic cards, seems like no stretch to get those POTF1 figures done the same way. I assume that's the way they'd do it, but I won't stand in the way of that being a question if you wanna add it.

Done. :) Plus I got ideas for 3 other questions while writing this one up.

IMO, they cannot get away with this using recycled bodies with just new heads, and limited accessories. They need to really go all-out with these things if they're staying single-packed, and probably add an extra incentive since they're not Yoda or R2.

This fact alone makes me more excited to see the new Ewok figures than just about anything else. :yes: Hasbro is going to have to knock these guys out of the ballpark (figuratively speaking, of course), in order for them to sell for $8 each. Recent figures like Giran and VTAC Bossk show that they are very much capable of doing just that. :cool:

JediTricks
02-23-2010, 10:08 PM
Actually, Clone Wars and Saga Legends are going to be $6.99 while Vintage will be $7.99, according to Derryl at the Toy Fair Q&A (as seen online). I'm not sure how I feel about this - on the one hand, cheaper Clone Wars and Legends army builders are a good thing; on the other, having two differenty priced Darth Vader figures (or other main characters) is going to be strange, especially when the cheaper one features more accessories (that battle game stuff). In the same way that people still haven't figured out the BAD system, I have to think this is going to cause a great deal of confusion.Hmm, I hadn't seen that. If accurate, that would be a policy reversal from "the family of product". I can understand the point of it, less product moving so have to charge more to make the money back, but that's a very bad precedent and a likely downward spiral to failure.

This fact alone makes me more excited to see the new Ewok figures than just about anything else. :yes: Hasbro is going to have to knock these guys out of the ballpark (figuratively speaking, of course), in order for them to sell for $8 each. Recent figures like Giran and VTAC Bossk show that they are very much capable of doing just that. :cool:You are a nice optimist. In theory, you're right. In practice however, they've dropped the ball here just as badly.

El Chuxter
02-25-2010, 10:41 PM
I'll call it "mistaken" about Edian, but yeah, I agree they're incorrect for whatever motives on that guy.

Honestly, if they are being less than 100% honest for the reasons I suspect could be the case, I can't say I blame them or hold it against them. I'm wondering if someone sculpted the wrong Bespin Guard, their boss said, "No, the geeks want the African-Naboo guy," everyone realized it was way too late in the production process to produce a new sculpt, and they re-colored him. If that indeed happened, I totally understand if they wouldn't want to admit to it. It would be just a bit non-PC.

Just wanted to also say, with the Cruisemissile question for the next round, SSG could officially become your one-stop destination for Cruisemissile Trooper love.

JediTricks
02-25-2010, 10:58 PM
It always has been.

JediTricks
02-26-2010, 05:07 PM
I gathered up and posted the other sites' questions:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=2676

Honestly, I'm having a hard time reading through these. There are a few good ideas, but there are so many more things that feel totally unnecessary to me. I can kinda understand why folks are frustrated with Q&A, having to sort through the noise. I think dropping to 2 questions per outlet should have tightened up the editing process, but I know too from experience that it's a really taxing job.

It looks like the AT-AT may be the end of the line for $100 vehicles, if it doesn't do super great. I read that several times, but today is the first time it's sunk in. Their answer doesn't feel like the kind of thing they said with the Turbo Tank, not in tone even though it's essentially the same thing.

The Grievous Lightsaber being the most interest from the regular media makes me sad, it's basically just coming from the media's ignorance of the brand.

Their answer about what Vintage is bringing that Legacy doesn't is a weird one. They say "economy" and point to less figures, but they raised the price of figures for ONLY the collector line. Granted, it's a reasonable necessity given the lower production levels, but it seems like it smacks their first point down hard.

It bothers me that the second part of their answer is slowing down exclusives, because it seems like that's the wrong attitude, we got some nifty stuff in '09 and it's thanks to exclusives. Yes there were a lot, yes they were too close together, but to just close it up seems like the wrong way to look at it. Meanwhile they point to building nostalgia back up, and honestly I think this is one area that the existing collectors are dead wrong about, there's only so many of us left, it's not a growth market.

Weird how they point out that the prequel generation will now be adults with these things, so it's time to bring them in. It's true I guess, but it's a REALLY limited market IMO, it's trying to find a needle in a haystack, fans who are still big fans because of the prequels and NOT because of the larger SW experience. I think there were a lot of fans of the prequels for the first couple years because it was the in thing at the time, but never really anchored with those "fans" and they evaporated into other interests.

I don't buy the claim that Force Battlers were a huge success. They languished at stores around here pretty bad. I wonder what they're judging it against.

Surprised to hear they're thinking about the MTT, but not large-sized. What would that be then? I cannot fathom it at all.

El Chuxter
02-26-2010, 05:18 PM
It's nice to see another site ask about Palpy's throne at the same time we did. It seems like when multiple sites ask out-of-the-blue questions like that, it might sink in a bit more.

I find it funny that they repeatedly point to the WM 2-packs as evidence that no one wants any of Jabba's band. I know it was one of the worst-distributed WM exclusives, with some stores having massive amounts on clearance for months and others getting none. The re-release set was a bit pricey, too, IIRC. I'd imagine it sold poorly because they were old, outdated figures by that point. Not much you can really do to improve Max himself, but a lot of the other band members look positively archaic... and keep in mind this is Mr. Re-Make As Few Figures As Possible "speaking."

JediTricks
02-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Yeah, it looks like independent sites asking about it does make a difference. Has to be authentic though, if it's stagy I doubt it'll go over.

I'll be honest, I think fans are overstating the need for the band members. Sy Snootles wouldn't be a hot seller on her own no matter which version they made. They are a fun addition, but boring toys because they're not meant to do anything. They've been released twice to little interest, even with the bad distribution, because they're a limited-interest item. I also don't think Droopy McCool needs improvement, so that leaves only Sy, and on her own she's not a seller.