PDA

View Full Version : Where might Admiral Ackbar show up next?

Darth Metalmute
02-25-2010, 02:10 PM
I just heard this over the radio. Ole Miss is holding a voting process to determine their new mascot. Winning as of recently, is Admiral Ackbar.

His cereal is soon to follow.

What a big mistakey.:lipsrsealed:

DarthQuack
02-25-2010, 02:22 PM
I saw this on PTI/Around the Horn the other night.....this would be awesome if Ole Miss adopts him as their mascot. :thumbsup:

pbarnard
02-25-2010, 02:25 PM
A rebel is a Rebel is a rebel.

Ji'dai
02-25-2010, 02:58 PM
I've seen commercials for Kellogg's Admiral Ackbar Crunch cereal.

"Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"

:robotchicken:

El Chuxter
02-25-2010, 09:59 PM
As cool as this idea is, and as much as I hate to be the voice of sanity among the discussions of its obvious awesomeness, is it even possible for a college team to have a mascot who's trademarked by another entity (in this case, Uncle George)?

Darth Metalmute
02-26-2010, 09:54 AM
I saw a clip of one of the hollywood shows asking him yesterday. I Didn't have the sound on, so I don't know what he said.

JimJamBonds
02-26-2010, 09:59 PM
I saw a clip of one of the hollywood shows asking him yesterday. I Didn't have the sound on, so I don't know what he said.

No closed captioning?

Bel-Cam Jos
02-27-2010, 09:58 AM
As cool as this idea is, and as much as I hate to be the voice of sanity among the discussions of its obvious awesomeness, is it even possible for a college team to have a mascot who's trademarked by another entity (in this case, Uncle George)?I read/heard somewhere that Uncle Walt, before he "died" (read: became an anamotronic character at Disneyland) gave U. of Oregon the right to use Donald Duck for their mascot. And before they received legal words to cease and desist, Cal State San Berdoo used Wiley Coyote (that's their spelling of his name).

If Ole Miss lets George use their campus for filming free of charge, maybe that'll sweeten the deal.

The University of Mississippi Mon Calamari: better than a gray-haired general who switched sides during a war. :crix:

Darth Metalmute
02-28-2010, 09:49 AM
No closed captioning?

It was a clip on on of the articles I found on the subject at work. My internet radio was on so I couldn't hear it. It was at the end of the day, so I didn't go back to listen to it. The next day when I went to find it, I couldn't. My internet history was deleted.