PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO - round 81

JediTricks
02-25-2010, 10:43 PM
Please post your VOTE for up to 4 {four} of the questions provided in this thread, letting us know which ones you most want to see asked on March 19th. Keep in mind that your votes in round 80 do not count in this round, so if your question is still on the list you may want to vote for it again.

Also, feel free to post new questions. For reference, here are Hasbro's answers to previous SSG questions (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=2665); and from other sites (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1936). The questions we asked last round can be found here (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=718654#post718654).

Current questions (vote for up to 4):

- In a previous Q&A, you mentioned that "[Hasbro] will continue working with Sideshow on their 12" figure program." As we know, Sideshow sub-licenses their 12" Star Wars through Hasbro's Star Wars license, but the intricacies of this relationship are not fully understood. With your recent comment above, collectors are ever more curious as to how exactly Hasbro and Sideshow work together on that 12" figure line. What types of input and interaction does Hasbro have into the Star Wars items that Sideshow produces?
- What was the decision making process behind creating a Jabba the Hutt animated figure instead of a Ziro the Hutt figure? Ziro has appeared in the Clone Wars series more than Jabba so far, and his animated behavior fits the Clone Wars animated series better than Jabba. Was it merely the character recognizability of Jabba, or the fact that you had existing accessories for him, or was the idea of an evil Truman Capote Hutt just too out-there for ya?
- The Clone Wars line has been a boon for its droid designs, but is following suit from the realistic lines with the sagging leg problems. This is especially noticeable on Clone Wars Battle Droids and General Grievous. Yet in the same line, IG-86 and the Commando Droid don't suffer this, the difference being that they have ankle joints while the BD and Grievous figures do not. It seems like the joints take stress off the thin leg elements helping cope with wilting issues, and that's a pretty big deal. Obviously including either knee or ankle articulation on them isn't a cheap undertaking, but it seems like a necessary one in the scheme of things since if a figure can't stand up, it's going to be far less fun. Any possibility of including one type of lower leg articulation or another on future versions of these figures as this partial solution to this long-time problem?
- Have you considered sealing magnets into figures' feet and including metal stands to avoid the numerous problems that have come up with footpeg holes over the years? Kotobukiya is doing that with their new ARTFX+ line of statue kits to great success, and although 3.75" figures are a smaller medium, magnetic feet would go well with your action figure line with all its challenges keeping figures standing.
- We now have the deluxe Anakin with Desert Sport Skiff, and us old-fogey collectors who have been around since 1996 are quite surprised to see that accessory's return. It wasn't exactly popular back in the day, its styling wasn't that Star Warsy, and its wobbly guns didn't help much, yet now we have it back for a whole new generation of Star Wars collectors. The other 1996 deluxe releases - Crowd Control Stormtrooper, Han Solo with Flight Pack, and Boba Fett with Mega Jetpack of Doom - weren't exactly crowd-pleasers either, but will we be seeing any of them re-released? Though the idea of a small vehicle for Anakin makes sense, re-releasing this piece seems like such an odd choice. Could you guide us through the thought process on this one? Did the failure of the original influence the decision at all?
- With the Wedge Antilles X-wing Fighter set, you have a great-looking boxed set there, but it's marred by one odd choice: the nifty kill-marks are printed on white paper stickers rather than clear transparent ones, which look terrible on the ship. Why go with the white-backed stickers over the transparent ones? If this was a factory error, and we're hoping it is, will there be a reissued set of stickers on clear backing?
- On the latest TIE Interceptor's packaging, the box art on the front has a highly-detailed ship which is not actually representing the toy, the back of the box imagery does that. However, while the new cockpit pod is a great improvement, that art highlights the wings being the same existing designs we've had for the last 3 decades, and their size and lack of detail really shows compared to the new pod. Granted, you've just released a TIE Interceptor so it's not like we're going to see new wings next week. But hypothetically, how far in the future might fans have to wait to get a set of updated TIE Interceptor wings to match the quality of the new pod?
- With the 2008 Medical Frigate Luke figure, the figure almost fits the bill for Echo Base recovery scene Luke, if not for the open mechanical arm, and the different likeness with scars and Hoth hairstyle. That scene also has another character whose figure is in dire need of updating: 2-1B, who hasn't seen a new figure design in over a decade. With a Recovery Luke figure, it'd just be a new head required (the body and undamaged forearm tooling already exists from the VOTC figure) so you could also include the mask he wore in that scene's less-infamous cut footage (we're not asking you to make kissing Luke & Leia, you'll have to decide if you're twisted enough to go there ;-) ). So, any chances of knocking the Echo Base Recovery scene out of the park by making new 2-1B and Luke recovery figures?
- As you now know, the recent Commander Cody figure has left the factory with his belt upside-down, an occurrence which has proved far too common over the last 5 years of ROTS phase 2 trooper armor figures. This is a relatively small thing, but common enough that it warrants asking about. So, would it be possible for you to redesign the trooper belt system so that there was some sort of offset notch or directional block which forces assembly on the belts to work only in the proper orientation? That way, the factory workers wouldn't need to see the visual minutiae that defines the belt as right-side-up or not.
- Don't think we haven't noticed that some of your exclusives are playing a color-scheme war. Target, whose company logo is a big red bulls-eye, gets a red-accented TIE Fighter vehicle; Wal-mart, whose logo has been blue lettering for decades, gets a blue Octuptarra Droid vehicle. Wal-mart gets a blue 501st role-play helmet; Target gets a red Clone Trooper helmet with flashlight. Target gets Commander Fox, a red-hued Clone figure; Wal-mart gets the 501st Clone Trooper, a blue-accented figure. Confess! You're creating some of these exclusives with coloring themed to its specific retailer, aren't you? "Payola!" they'll all yell to the heavens as they learn of such treachery. Busted! So, are you guys doing this on purpose, and if so, how did it come up? Do your retail partners know that they're getting specially-tailored exclusives as are their rivals, and what do they think of it?
- Mace Windu has been represented in action figure form for 11 years now, and a large portion of those figures were released with some unique, non-standard aspect. Mace has been the first "sneak peek" and a mail-away in the modern line, the first hard-shell "choco" robe, AOTC had a deluxe before basic which has a smiling face and a second figure, AOTC basic had the screaming face, 2003 AOTC basic had the "ultimate lightsaber control" stick gimmick, ROTS had the Force Lightning throw-off gimmick, and now the Clone Wars version with removable armor and saber-swinging waist. While there have been a few normal Mace figures, and even a super-articulated one finally, it seems as if Mace Windu has been tapped by Hasbro to be the sculpting and gimmick guinea pig. Is this pattern intentional, do you think he can't sell without these sorts of things, is it just happenstance, or does someone there subliminally not realize they keep picking Mace to be the test guy?
- It's been 6 years since the last Luke Hoth Gear figure. While that was a nifty item for its time, its sculpt and articulation is specific to 1 part of the movie. Any chance of us getting an updated Luke Hoth, perhaps with a swappable likeness to represent before and after the Wampa attack? We know you usually would prefer to do this via a running change, but after the myriad of running-change-figure problems you had recently, it seems like a troubled route to take, especially with such an important character such as this.
- Usually, the only figures whose heads are painted rather than cast in flesh-tone plastic are those with a sculpted helmet, hood or large hair so the plastic matches the majority of the head. Though understandable, those painted faces aren't always that successful, noses are rubbed off by packaging, paint masks miss targets and either over- or under-shoot, and the facial features don't look as crisp. Recently though, this has crept onto regular figures without hoods or the like. Evolutions Jango Fett is supposed to be a premium figure but has this - yes, it's likely a costing issue since it'd be the only flesh-toned part on the figure, but this is supposed to be a definitive version. Col Dyer from the Battle for Endor battle pack has flesh hands yet a painted head. And now Luke Tatooine from the Resurgence of the Jedi pack is the same way, that's an iconic figure with an impressive new sculpt, yet its sullied by the painted head syndrome. Maybe it's fine for kids, but these are collector-themed figures we're talking about, and it's sloppily applied and prone to the problems mentioned above, not to mention it softens the sculpted facial features you guys work hard to produce. So why use painted heads on those sorts of figures? Will there be a focus to lean on this less in the future? Might those Jango and Luke figures get cast instead of painted heads on their next runs?
- In a recent Q&A, you revealed Legacy Collection's final wave, the EU wave, has become a TRU exclusive that's probably also going to be available for e-tailers to order a month later. Aside from the new figures from that wave, will the other figures that were going to be carried over in that wave, especially Bespin Guard variant Utris M'toc, also be TRU exclusives?
- With the reveal of the Vintage Collection cardbacks using the classic Kenner styling, there's one oddity which doesn't fit with modern retail. The previous Vintage-style cardbacks came in clamshells that had J-hooks, but this new line has no clamshells and the samples you've shown have no J-hooks, only punch-through hanger holes with plastic reinforcement on the back. Isn't this a risky gamble, making it harder for consumers to get to product and for employees trying to restock? Was this considered, and if so, why was the decision made to stay with the old-style hangers?
- Snowspeeder Luke is an amazing figure, but collectors have numerous issues and are wondering if they might be addressed on a future re-release. Issues including the awkward hand poses, the wrong saber hilt (again), no lit lightsaber, no way to plug the saber hilt into the belt, no way to hook the grappling gun onto the belt, the thermal cap on the head that disappears and reappears throughout the character wearing this costume on Hoth and Dagobah, the raised helmet visor in the AT-AT attack, and even Luke not wearing his gloves in the costume on Dagobah. Let me state again, fans love this figure overall, it's just that they love it so much they've taken a hard look and see the issues as they stand. So, will any or all of those issues be addressed on a future re-release of this figure?
- In past answers, you've said you have no foreseeable plans to re-release any of the Build-a-Droid existing droid characters again. However, for various reasons natural to collecting, many collectors found themselves with the problems of having too many of some droid parts, and more often, too few of others. Short production runs are an especially big problem for completing certain droids. The bottom line is that there are a lot of incomplete droids around, and some of the droids are army-buildable including the hard-to-get YVH-1, so even after working to complete 1, some collectors want several more. And the upcoming BG-J38 wave looks like it will be no picnic to complete either what with exclusivity and a very short production run. Aside from the notion of collectors coming back to the line spurring a Droid Factory playset with the possibility of using some of these parts, would you reconsider alternate methods to distributing these parts or whole droids, perhaps offering individual parts on HasbroToyShop, or bagged complete but unassembled droids in simple white box packaging, or perhaps some other method that lets collectors complete their build-a-droids?
- In a recent Q&A, you stated that you weren't going to be bringing back the POTF collector coins for the foreseeable, which meant no reusing the POTF card style. This shoots down hope of seeing vintage updates of the "last 15" POTF figures on their original cards. While we understand the reluctance to revisit coins, if you were planning to update any of the original POTF figures under the "Vintage Collection" line, would you merely put them on their corresponding movie cards? In other words, figures like Yak Face, Barada, General Lando, etc., would be placed on ROTJ cards; while figures like Luke Stormtrooper or an Imperial Gunner could go on 1978-styled Star Wars cards? Or are those "last 15" POTF characters off-limits to The Vintage Collection because of their original cards?
- Seeing as how the McQuarrie concept figures have been re-released in boxed sets to decent reception, has there been any consideration of doing a similar boxed set for the other concept figures out there? The Doug Chiang General Grievous, the Joe Johnston Snowtrooper, the McQuarrie IG-88, and the 2 Episode III concept Anakin and Ki-Adi-Mundi would make a nice 3rd set to the concept figure series, don't you think?

Vote now, and suggest new questions too. Thanks for participating!

RENDAR LIVES
03-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Well I'm definetly pulling for these three..

12-Hoth Luke
15-J Hooks
16-Snow speeder Luke

... and reserve a vote for down the road.

If we come up with a new question do we have to use a vote for it right away for it to necessarily be added or can we just add it to vote for next time? I mean if we wanna switch votes based on priority that's cool but I think it's silly to switch a vote just for brain storming.

JediTricks
03-02-2010, 04:10 PM
That's not a problem. I have been thinking about not automatically counting votes for questions added already, it's gotten confusing int he past.

El Chuxter
03-02-2010, 08:07 PM
How about this one:

"The current batch of concept figures are proving to be very hard to find, even more rare than the non-exclusive figures based on Ralph McQuarrie's art from a few years ago. In addition to their simply being produced in lower numbers than other figures, the waves they're in are, for the most part, not seeing the most widespread of distribution, and you've already confirmed the final wave will be a Toys R Us exclusive. Given that this is a series that most collectors would want to have all of, and that this is proving tough, have you (or would you) consider offering the 2010 concept art figures in a set in the near future, much like the recent McQuarrie sets offered through [sorry, I have no clue who carried these, JT]?"

I don't know if there's any point in mentioning that the concept IG-88 and concept Snowtrooper could actually be considered army builders, since these things are just freaking tough to find as it is.

Cane_Adiss
03-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Speaking of concept figures:

Why has Hasbro chosen not to utilize any of the more popular concept figures as "carry forward" or "greatest hits" figures? Specifically tough to find and kid friendly figures like the concept Snowtrooper(s), Stormtrooper, Anakin and IG-88. Why instead use figures like Agen Kolar and Plo Koon, both terrible sellers in many areas instead of the more kid friendly concept figures? Anakin as a character is a guaranteed sell to the kid audience, ditto with the troopers (which many will want multiples of).

14, 15, and 18 plus mine if you add it Thanks!

JediTricks
03-04-2010, 04:53 PM
I can't really justify asking either of those questions. They just re-released the McQuarrie concept figures through TRU, and now they're saying concept figures aren't doing well and are going to be relegated to back-burner status. They also just said they're going back to the drawing board with carried-over figures for Saga Legends so as to avoid the troubles with Plo and Sassy.

El Chuxter
03-04-2010, 04:57 PM
I was using the McQuarrie figures as an example of how they had re-released concept figures. I'd like to know if a set with Concept Ki-Adi, Concept IG-88, Concept Snowtrooper, and whoever's after them might be in the cards eventually, since they're impossible to find (aside from Ki-Adi, for some reason). Even if there aren't more in the works, four would be enough for an exclusive Battle Pack.

Dice Ibegon
03-05-2010, 05:31 AM
I vote for

Cane_Adiss
03-05-2010, 11:02 AM
I can't really justify asking either of those questions. They just re-released the McQuarrie concept figures through TRU, and now they're saying concept figures aren't doing well and are going to be relegated to back-burner status. They also just said they're going back to the drawing board with carried-over figures for Saga Legends so as to avoid the troubles with Plo and Sassy.

I wasn't talking about carry forward figures for Legends but Legacy. In the last couple assortments of Legacy, both the new Plo and Agen Kolar are being used as carry forward figures. My question was why don't they carry forward the troop builder or Anakin concept figures because they're guaranteed sales to both kids and collectors unlike those Jedi. No way you or Hasbro can tell me any of those concept figures are performing badly.

Hasbro never actually said the new concept figures "aren't doing well" they just said they had no plans for new ones because they are taking their focus off EU. They DID say that the Legacy line as a whole has performed below expectations even after scaling down production (hence the last wave going to TRU) but never singled out any of the concept figures.

Droid
03-05-2010, 12:40 PM
I'll vote for 14, 15, and 18.

JediTricks
03-05-2010, 09:18 PM
I was using the McQuarrie figures as an example of how they had re-released concept figures. I'd like to know if a set with Concept Ki-Adi, Concept IG-88, Concept Snowtrooper, and whoever's after them might be in the cards eventually, since they're impossible to find (aside from Ki-Adi, for some reason). Even if there aren't more in the works, four would be enough for an exclusive Battle Pack.Oh, I see. I will need to think about it, I could see asking it, maybe even adding the Doug Chiang overpriced concept Grievous to the box (there's no way they'd do it as a battle pack, too mismatched in era), but I feel like something's missing, like it's lacking cohesion.

I wasn't talking about carry forward figures for Legends but Legacy. In the last couple assortments of Legacy, both the new Plo and Agen Kolar are being used as carry forward figures. My question was why don't they carry forward the troop builder or Anakin concept figures because they're guaranteed sales to both kids and collectors unlike those Jedi. No way you or Hasbro can tell me any of those concept figures are performing badly. Ok, I see. Carried-forward figures are there when the tooling is available and when the item didn't get full saturation on initial run, when it didn't meet demand. There is nothing to carry-over with the concept Snowtrooper, it's in initial run right now still. I don't think there was great demand for Anakin or Ki-Adi-Mundi concept figs, that Mundi one is still findable in my area. And they are rocky sellers in higher numbers, the last half of the TAC ones didn't do stellar. They're not really "troop builders" since they're concept figures that kids aren't familiar with, kids seem to buy based on what they've seen.

Hasbro also was thinking that kids collectors are still hungry for ROTS Jedi 5 years later. Granted, now they are re-thinking that stance after the Saga Legends debacle, but that's now.

In any event, it's far too late to ask about what's getting carried forward, the TLC line is done and about to be gone, there's no tinkering with it. Asking about why they did this or didn't do that doesn't accomplish anything beyond further explaining why their choices are based upon a lot of different fan, kid, and business decisions that may or may not be flawed.

Hasbro never actually said the new concept figures "aren't doing well" they just said they had no plans for new ones because they are taking their focus off EU. They DID say that the Legacy line as a whole has performed below expectations even after scaling down production (hence the last wave going to TRU) but never singled out any of the concept figures.They said everything that wasn't movie wasn't doing well though.

RENDAR LIVES
03-06-2010, 01:10 AM
Why would they carry forward Plo Koon and Agent Colan? Those seem as bad as Plo Koon and Saesi Tiin.

Does anybody else care if we get an electronic Strom Trooper helmet now that we have Fett, Vader and clone ones? I think it would be neat to see what is in the works but at the same time I feel the answer would be "no for now".

bigbarada
03-06-2010, 07:36 AM

JediTricks
03-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Why would they carry forward Plo Koon and Agent Colan? Those seem as bad as Plo Koon and Saesi Tiin.Because both were new figures that hadn't completed their initial runs when the waves changed over. It's totally different from how the Greatest Hits lines work.

Does anybody else care if we get an electronic Strom Trooper helmet now that we have Fett, Vader and clone ones? I think it would be neat to see what is in the works but at the same time I feel the answer would be "no for now".Hmm, that would be cool, but I suspect you're right, they'll say "kids aren't into Stormtroopers right now, only Clones and Boba". Plus, the helmet would have massively oversized lenses for safety. If you want to put it out there to the vote, I'll consider it.

figrin bran
03-11-2010, 10:13 PM
I vote for

El Chuxter
03-14-2010, 11:56 AM
I'm working on the wording for this, inspired by some finds and reports of late:

"Hasbro has offered us quite a few cool online 'shared' exclusives and exclusives through Diamond Comics Distributors and Entertainment Earth over the past few years. However, within the past year or so, an alarming number of these exclusives have wound up at discounted prices at closeout stores like Ross, or even drugstores like Rite Aid. Even seemingly popular sets like Joker Squad (or the GIJoe Hostile Environment and Cobra Island sets, showing the issue isn't just with Star Wars) can often be found for half the original price within a year. It's a handy way to pick up extras, but the amount and regularity with which these are winding up at blowout prices causes some concern for the future of such collector-oriented online exclusives. Though we know you can't comment on numbers, are these concerns valid, or is this, since they seem to indicate such exclusives aren't selling at the original price? Or are the clearanced items simply a natural overrun of these products?"

Don't get me wrong; clearanced exclusives allowed me to get some extras, and Joker Squad definitely fell in the "not worth more than $15 to me" category (with the pirate TIE and Crucible sets falling into "not even worth $15"), but I really think every single online exclusive from the past three years has been found somewhere at much less than cost, often in large numbers.

DarkJedi5
03-15-2010, 02:44 PM
6 - Red 2
12 - Luke Hoth
14 - Utris
16 - Snowspeeder Luke

mtriv73
03-15-2010, 03:51 PM

JediTricks
03-15-2010, 05:44 PM
I'm working on the wording for this, inspired by some finds and reports of late:

"Hasbro has offered us quite a few cool online 'shared' exclusives and exclusives through Diamond Comics Distributors and Entertainment Earth over the past few years. However, within the past year or so, an alarming number of these exclusives have wound up at discounted prices at closeout stores like Ross, or even drugstores like Rite Aid. Even seemingly popular sets like Joker Squad (or the GIJoe Hostile Environment and Cobra Island sets, showing the issue isn't just with Star Wars) can often be found for half the original price within a year. It's a handy way to pick up extras, but the amount and regularity with which these are winding up at blowout prices causes some concern for the future of such collector-oriented online exclusives. Though we know you can't comment on numbers, are these concerns valid, or is this, since they seem to indicate such exclusives aren't selling at the original price? Or are the clearanced items simply a natural overrun of these products?"

Don't get me wrong; clearanced exclusives allowed me to get some extras, and Joker Squad definitely fell in the "not worth more than $15 to me" category (with the pirate TIE and Crucible sets falling into "not even worth $15"), but I really think every single online exclusive from the past three years has been found somewhere at much less than cost, often in large numbers.
I'm not ignoring this one, but I'm not sure I want to dump on this just yet, they already commented that there will be less exclusives this year. I also don't want to dump on the idea of them making product available cheaply. ;)

RENDAR LIVES
03-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Hmm, that would be cool, but I suspect you're right, they'll say "kids aren't into Stormtroopers right now, only Clones and Boba". Plus, the helmet would have massively oversized lenses for safety. If you want to put it out there to the vote, I'll consider it.

I'd hope the leses wouldn't be insanely bug eyed. I just thought this, regardless of how unlikely, would be a a great alternative to Rubies or MR expensive helmets that aren't loaded with features and made with cheaper plastic. Was never into Vader or the clones but the detail on the Fett one blew my mind.

So is anyone else interested in the original trilogy style helmets?

JediTricks
03-15-2010, 09:33 PM
The Vader Voice Changer they did make the lenses super oversized and buggy, probably due to safety. I would think the different shape of the Stormtrooper lenses and smaller area would mean flat lenses though.

Neuroleptic
03-15-2010, 11:57 PM
and especialy 18

Darth Marco
03-16-2010, 07:49 AM
I will have to vote for #14 and 15 for now.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-16-2010, 05:03 PM
Howsabout 5, 8, 11, 12.

On 8, you should modify it since we're getting a new Hoth Leia in a few months.

JediTricks
03-16-2010, 09:26 PM
Question 19 added.

Question 8 modified.

I was using the McQuarrie figures as an example of how they had re-released concept figures. I'd like to know if a set with Concept Ki-Adi, Concept IG-88, Concept Snowtrooper, and whoever's after them might be in the cards eventually, since they're impossible to find (aside from Ki-Adi, for some reason). Even if there aren't more in the works, four would be enough for an exclusive Battle Pack.Question added. I haven't counted your vote though.

On 8, you should modify it since we're getting a new Hoth Leia in a few months.Good call, will do. Wasn't my finest work though.

sebillba
03-17-2010, 02:28 AM
Just #13 for me so far.

JediTricks
03-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Question 14 has been stricken

If you have voted for this question, consider yourself refunded 1 vote.

It was answered by another site today.

Yakface.com:

Q2: With the final EU wave of Legacy figures now deemed an "exclusive" to Toys"R"Us, collectors want to know if that change means they (like many of TRU's exclusives) will come with their exclusive/higher price tag as well? Also, are there plans to change the case assortment to include multiples of each new figure or does this assortment still plan on including one of each of the new figures plus the older carry forward figures?

A2: We don't really know what TRU's plans are for basic figure pricing, as that is solely up to them to decide, but we don't think it will differ from the current basic figure pricing at TRU. The case wave ration will include 12 different figures, including one each of the TFU figures and the rest carry-forward figures. The production release for these figures was made a long time ago and the wave only recently became a TRU (and later, a shared Internet) exclusive, so the case pack ratio was determined back when it was assumed that we would have a healthy Legacy line on the shelves. As Legacy has continued to soften, bringing it to TRU was the bets chance for full distribution.

Also, remember that there's only 1 more day to vote in this round.

Darth Metalmute
03-17-2010, 07:57 PM
I have a new question, but I think it may have been asked before. I couldn't find it through a search, but I admit, i didn't look hard.

With the success of the figure fan polls, has there ever been any thought of doing a fan vehicle poll? I realize that collectors will probably put ships down that are impossible to create, but a poll limited to the starfighter assortment could possibly put an interesting list together of vehicles the public would like make.

I'd like to vote for 10 and 17.

JediTricks
03-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Today is the last day to vote in this round!

Here are my votes, and once again it's very difficult to just choose 4:

8 medical luke
10 exclusive colors
15 jhooks
16 snow luke

I have a new question, but I think it may have been asked before. I couldn't find it through a search, but I admit, i didn't look hard.

With the success of the figure fan polls, has there ever been any thought of doing a fan vehicle poll? I realize that collectors will probably put ships down that are impossible to create, but a poll limited to the starfighter assortment could possibly put an interesting list together of vehicles the public would like make.
As cool as it would be, I'm so sure they'll say no that I'm going to hold off. The reason they'd say no is because of the significantly higher tooling costs and lower sales potential of even the $20 vehicles. They are very cautious with vehicles, releasing just a small handful each year, so asking for this seems like a very unlikely possibility.

Darth Metalmute
03-18-2010, 05:04 PM
[B][SIZE=3]As cool as it would be, I'm so sure they'll say no that I'm going to hold off. The reason they'd say no is because of the significantly higher tooling costs and lower sales potential of even the $20 vehicles. They are very cautious with vehicles, releasing just a small handful each year, so asking for this seems like a very unlikely possibility.

I doubt they would either, it's just I believe that there are certain ships that could sell well in the Starfighter wave, that Hasbro might never think to do.

JediTricks
03-18-2010, 05:48 PM
I doubt they would either, it's just I believe that there are certain ships that could sell well in the Starfighter wave, that Hasbro might never think to do.
Your better bet is to suggest them in Q&A, see if folks will support them. We sent in a Most Wanted Vehicles poll to Hasbro in 2008 and they have already done 1/3 of them by now.

JediTricks
03-18-2010, 10:11 PM
Ok, well that's it for this round. Thanks again to everybody who participated.

I'm going to gather up questions and send them off to Hasbro. Here are the questions we're sending in this round:

Questions from SirStevesGuide.com:
1) With the reveal of the Vintage Collection cardbacks using the classic Kenner styling, there's one oddity which doesn't fit with modern retail. The previous Vintage-style cardbacks came in clamshells that had J-hooks, but this new line has no clamshells and the samples you've shown have no J-hooks, only punch-through hanger holes with plastic reinforcement on the back. Isn't this a risky gamble, making it harder for consumers to get to product and for employees trying to restock? Was this considered, and if so, why was the decision made to stay with the old-style hangers?
2) Snowspeeder Luke is an amazing figure, but collectors have numerous issues and are wondering if they might be addressed on a future re-release. Issues including the awkward hand poses, the wrong saber hilt (again), no lit lightsaber, no way to plug the saber hilt into the belt, no way to hook the grappling gun onto the belt, the thermal cap on the head that disappears and reappears throughout the character wearing this costume on Hoth and Dagobah, the raised helmet visor in the AT-AT attack, and even Luke not wearing his gloves in the costume on Dagobah. Let me state again, fans love this figure overall, it's just that they love it so much they've taken a hard look and see the issues as they stand. So, will any or all of those issues be addressed on a future re-release of this figure?
Questions from CollectionStation.com:
1) It's been 6 years since the last Luke Hoth Gear figure. While that was a nifty item for its time, its sculpt and articulation is specific to 1 part of the movie. Any chance of us getting an updated Luke Hoth, perhaps with a swappable likeness to represent before and after the Wampa attack? We know you usually would prefer to do this via a running change, but after the myriad of running-change-figure problems you had recently, that seems like a troubled route to take, especially with an important character such as this.
2) In a recent Q&A, you stated that you weren't going to be bringing back the POTF collector coins for the foreseeable future, which meant no reusing the POTF card style. This shoots down hope of seeing vintage updates of the "last 15" POTF figures on their original cards. While we understand the reluctance to revisit coins, if you were planning to update any of the original POTF figures under the "Vintage Collection" line, would you merely put them on their corresponding movie cards? In other words, figures like Yak Face, Barada, General Lando, etc., would be placed on ROTJ cards; while figures like Luke Stormtrooper or an Imperial Gunner could go on 1978-styled Star Wars cards? Or are those "last 15" POTF characters off-limits to The Vintage Collection because of their original cards?

Look for a new round of voting soon.