PDA

View Full Version : What's your core list of "needs to be done" figures?

JediTricks
03-05-2010, 10:51 PM
Whether never made or requiring a remake, there's probably more than a few figures on our lists. But some are way-out fringe stuff, some are whims that we really don't care as much about as we say, and some just don't fit the idea of that "core" need thing. So what are your CORE "needs to be done" figures?

I'll work on mine right now in a general manner, by movie.

Here's my ANH list:

Luke Farmboy - the resurgence pack was so close, but the legs and head paint kept it from hitting the right notes.
Luke Stormtrooper - I know, weird, right? I hate that VOTC head they keep using on this one though. Also, the height has never hit the mark, it's just not "a little short for a stormtrooper".
Han ANH - they've got not even close in my book.
Leia ANH - again, not even remotely there yet. All the previous are either off by articulation or sculpt or both. And hood-up/hood-down needs to be addressed better.
C-3PO - this one is rough, if you like chrome then he's basically there, but the sculpting is so far below non-chromed that it's impossible to put with others, and they've done finer chrome sculpting with TC-14, so either way it's not there in my book. ANH needs to be dirty, ESB needs better removable limbs. And this new one just doesn't look right, yet.
R2-D2 - I thought R2 was basically a done deal, until we got the better sculpting and accuracy on the BAD astromechs. If nothing else, a smoother dome with sharper sculpted panels, same with the body, and the "hips" spacer rings would take it a long way. Getting better paint weathering, and scaling the chrome better the way the Ep 1 fig did, would be good too. No light-piped radar eye, that kills sooo many R2s.
Darth Vader - ugh, yes, another Vader, sorry. One that looks like ANH would be nice, like the Commtech fig but with quality articulation. That '99 fig was also the last of the non-chiffon capes and skirts, no more of that worthless chiffon-like cloth!
Tarkin - the POTF2 version almost holds up, he doesn't need superarticulation or anything, but the pose and sculpt do need a little freshening, he's a main villain after all. Actually, he does need superarticulation for a variety of menacing poses to choose from, I guess.
I'm in a wait-n-see pattern for Evazan & Ponda Baba.
Do I put Greedo on my list simply because of a fuzzy vest hampering the last one? I'm on the fence.
Wedge Antilles - maybe the existing sculpt works, but I don't see it because it's covered up by the over-the-top eye and eyebrow paint. Still, that frown is a major bummer.
I don't really think I care enough about an Owen or Beru figure, despite the ones we have being pretty shabby. They're just not quite interesting enough for me to go "oh, I need that". But I could be wrong, this is one I'd need to see a really high-quality execution on, maybe as a set too.
Sandtrooper - there's something about the existing ones that doesn't get the job done. The pose is off, the weathering is off, and the armor isn't sculpted to the movie styling which we now are much clearer on after Sideshow's figure. The only one that comes close is the Saga Legends Fans Choice one using the Evo body and a new pauldron. But that's merely the orange-pauldron trooper, there are others.
Chewie with removable bandolier - I nearly forgot about this one. Chewie takes off his bandolier in the Falcon cockpit on Tatooine. It's minor, but I don't think Chewie's ever had a removable bandolier and that makes no sense, it's like he was living on Endor. Minor, but it's something I keep expecting them to do and keep being surprised by the absence of. I wouldn't campaign for it though.

That's it, 14 figures. No more aliens. No Han or Luke in their ceremony costumes from the end.

I'll try to address my other movies' lists in future posts.

El Chuxter
03-05-2010, 10:56 PM
ANH:

Uncle Owen Lars
Leia (the current ones are a bit outdated)
Tarkin
Bom Vimdin
Reegesk
Dr Evazan
Wedge Antilles
human informant (something like Garouef? too lazy to look it up)
Myo

JediTricks
03-05-2010, 11:29 PM
ANH additions:

Dewback from ANH - yes, I know we just got a Dewback, but it doesn't look like either the ANH or ANH:SE version, it doesn't have a movable tail or mouth, the midsection is too wide for a sandtrooper to use for riding without looking totally ridiculous. Figures shouldn't have to do the splits to ride this beastie.
I'm on the fence about a new Bantha. I like the POTF2 version fine, but when they came back to it in '06, the new hair ruined that toy, brought out all its flaws like mobility and saddle. I dunno.

ESB:

Luke Hoth - I didn't think this needed doing until someone suggested it in the Q&A, and yeah, the existing figure is cool but does need more variety, and the gimmick pose arm is the WRONG ARM!!! Being able to ride a tauntaun would be good too.
Luke Echo Base Medical - another fig that Q&A suggested which I never thought of, but this is the last time Luke interacts with Han in a meaningful way before he becomes a Jedi. Luke's cut scene mask would make a nice addition. This isn't one I absolutely need though, if it never gets done, no big.
Luke Dagobah - I almost don't see the point after the last one, but it can't do as much as the movie does, and the head is a little wonky. Also, I'd like a removable jacket and gunbelt for when he goes to fight Vader. If they never do this figure though, I won't be too bummed, so like the last, it almost doesn't need to be on the list.
2-1B - why the hell do I have to put this on my list still, why isn't it done already? The POTF2 fig was great for its day, but compared to modern styling, it falls way short. The ROTS version doesn't represent this movie's version at all and has its own flaws.
Tauntaun - this kinda speaks for itself. Rideable, poseable, interchangeable busted horn so it can be Luke or Han's, cut-guts, and I'm good. I'm not happy with the existing ones, they're ok but lacking where it counts.
Leia Bespin Escape - I love the POTJ figure, first of the proper scale, proper sculpt, proper gun figures, but it can't be posed for crap outside its 1 action pose.
Han Bespin - speaks for itself. Not based on the VOTC in any way. Hey, let's have it come with a mynock! Yeah, and a gold brick.
Han Carbonite - this could also go in ROTJ, but there isn't a slam-dunk version of Han Carbonite out there, the TSC version is too short and doesn't have the pre-frozen figure's likeness at all (or the post-frozen version, but that's for the ROTJ list :p).
C-3PO - um, pretty much the same statement as the ANH since I addressed his ESB needs there. Better removable parts here, no chrome maybe.
Vader ESB - with cut shoulder! No chiffon! When Vader strides through Echo Base, he looks so badarse, and yet no Vader figure we have today looks as menacing. This is Vader's film, and between the chiffon and the hip poses, it never comes together in action figure form. Ball-hinge hips I guess would be good.
Captain Piett - this guy deserves better, he's the main Imperial and his figure from back in the day is pretty weak all around.
Bossk - no, just kidding, not Bossk. :-P
Lando in modern styling - with removable cloak. It's not a major need, but there have been better avenues of design to make Lando from since the VOTC figure.
I almost want to say another new Snowtrooper. I like some of what we have already, but this pink helmet situation sucks, and the cloth skirt looks odd. But if they re-released the existing figure without the pink coloring on the helmet again, I'd probably just buy that so it's not really on my list.

So, about the same number. I was expecting less, but I do feel this way so I guess so.

RENDAR LIVES
03-05-2010, 11:37 PM
OT

ANH Han Solo
ANH Leia
Boushh Leia-The last one had a great sculpt but I hate how she is Ewok sized. The TLC slave Leia is nice but the size still bugs me.
C-3P0-I like the chrome and don't need articulation on him. I think the sculpt could be better but I guess this isn't a need so much as a want.
R2-D2-with the saber in the dome. I know it's in the works but it sounded a long ways from confirmed.
Tarkin-He is way overdue.
Hoth Luke-Way overdue.
Snowspeeder Luke-Love the new one but it has it's short commings. I'd like to re-enact when he lands on Dagobah.
Stormtrooper Luke-Agreed. Needs to be shorter. I can't justify $8 for a simple headswap I already did before the figure was released.
General Lando-SA sculpt.
Wicket-Probably the most important Ewok.
Nien Nunb-With vest as on the Falcon.
Hammerhead
Garrindon
Ellors Modak-Or whatever the Duros from the cantina is called.
The gold eyed alien that looks similar to Mommaw Naddon.
Stormtrooper-The hips just seem awkward on the current version.
Jabba the Hutt
Boba Fett-Still in love with the VOTC version but I'd like the removable helmet from the Evolutions/TLC repack.

I'm not sure a red lensed Vader would be enough for me to pick up. What else could they work into it?

I'd also like a SA Hoth Chewy but that is only a repaint away.

PT

AOTC Anakin-with ankle articulation and a new head that doesn't look like a porceline doll. Otherwise I like the Evolution version.
ROTS-New headsculpt and universal elbows instead of those swivel ones.
Eeth Koth-This is one of the most striking Jedi to me. With the long flowing tunic, cloak and those shin guards. I wish it had todays SA. Agen Kolar isn't good enough. there is no substitute.
Lama Su-Does he and the other Kominans deserve a update?
Geonosian Warrior-SA single carded please.
Padme-Tatooine. I really thought this look was attractive bit the figure was a statue.
Padme-Lake. That sunset colored dress was gorgeous.
Padme Naberrie-TPM
Cody-Done correctly.
Qui-Gon-The Evolutions version had a silly long neck and the face was awful. I also wonder why they didn't put in the Saga 2 saber since it's a better sculpt and has the removable blade. Pack him with a robe and the poncho.
TPM Kenobi-again, the neck looks long and skinny as if it wouldn't support the head. I guess it's not necessary but whatever.
Darth Maul-He needs the same elbows ROTS Anakin needs. No more swivel joints.

It would be nice to have the SA JAngo with blue flightsuit instead of that purplish color they keep sticking him with. But that's just a repaint.

I'm sure there is more but I can't think of any more off the top of my head.

RENDAR LIVES
03-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Damn! There ya go. Forgot about Piett and a Naboo Pilot with trench coat.

JediTricks
03-06-2010, 12:13 AM
ANH Leia
Boushh Leia-The last one had a great sculpt but I hate how she is Ewok sized. The TLC slave Leia is nice but the size still bugs me.
I read your comment and had to check. Carrie Fisher is said to be 5' 1", though I think that's in shoes as she's tiny in person (my sister is 5' 2", and comparing Carrie to how I remember my sister's height had a noticeable difference at CIV - my sis wasn't there for the compare :p). I took that number and scaled down to 1:18 scale, measured the Boushh Leia figure sans helmet, then scaled the difference up. There's about 4mm difference in the figure's height from where it should be at 1:18 scale. Scaled up, that would be a difference of 2.8" between them. In my book, that's enough to make a notable difference on a 1:6 scale figure (it'd be about half an inch, pretty noticeable on that size body), but within an acceptable margin of error for a 1:18 scale figure. You are correct that she is a little smaller than she should be, but I think fans aren't aware just how short she really is, even compared to a shrimp like Luke. She wouldn't get significantly taller in perfect scale, just 0.15" taller than the existing figure.

Snowspeeder Luke-Love the new one but it has it's short commings. I'd like to re-enact when he lands on Dagobah.I thought about putting that one on my list, but couldn't find $7 of interest which is the obvious cutoff point for me. But there are a good number of differences, including the gloves, and now that I think about it, the flight suit somehow looks different enough on Dagobah to justify it. I think I'll add this to my list in my next post.

Ellors Modak-Or whatever the Duros from the cantina is called.There are 2 Duros in the cantina, Ellors Madak is the figure we got in POTJ. Baniss Keeg is the one we don't have yet, the one in red.

The gold eyed alien that looks similar to Mommaw Naddon.I have no idea which one you are referring. Is it another hammerhead, or something else? Cantina scene? What movie?

Stormtrooper-The hips just seem awkward on the current version.I think the hips are roughly movie-accurate, but they are thin. I was tempted to put a Stormie on my list, but I dig the TAC version enough to avoid it, I love that thing's helmet with its accurate lenses, the lack of the ball neck, and the sculpt and posability is a little better than the VOTC. That said, the holster sucks, and the hips could use A LITTLE tilt potential (not the crazy hip designs that are so ugly on some of the latest figures though). I may have to add that to my list, but I feel like it's looking a gift horse in the mouth. Most fans don't seem to like the TAC version though, so it's worth a shot.

Jabba the HuttThat one is coming later this year, so we'll see if it cuts the mustard. There are a number of those on my list already that I didn't post because I'm "wait and see" mode for them.

Boba Fett-Still in love with the VOTC version but I'd like the removable helmet from the Evolutions/TLC repack.They're doing the Evo/TLC version in ESB colors in the first wave of TVC, isn't that exactly what you're asking for? I thought about asking for the VOTC in ESB colors, I like the helmet and shoulders better, but it didn't feel essential enough to me to put it in my list.

I'm not sure a red lensed Vader would be enough for me to pick up. What else could they work into it?The helmet is a different shape altogether, it sits lower and has a different flare. The "face" has different proportions slightly. The vest is OVER the shoulder armor. The arms are slightly different in design. The belt sits at a different height. The legs are a slightly different design. It all adds up, when you look at pics of ANH Vader you can see a major difference from ESB and ROTJ Vader, who are much more similar to each other by comparison.

I'm not a huge fan of the "red lens" thing, it's actually seeing David Prowse behind the helmet and not intentional, but it stands out enough for fans that they expect it.

Lama Su-Does he and the other Kominans deserve a update?Up to you, I guess. The Taun We figure is painfully shorter than Lama Su though, and the level of sculpt quality doesn't match either. Neither would go on my list, but I actually would consider buying them if they were really good quality.

RENDAR LIVES
03-06-2010, 01:29 AM
I read your comment and had to check. Carrie Fisher is said to be 5' 1", though I think that's in shoes as she's tiny in person (my sister is 5' 2", and comparing Carrie to how I remember my sister's height had a noticeable difference at CIV - my sis wasn't there for the compare :p). I took that number and scaled down to 1:18 scale, measured the Boushh Leia figure sans helmet, then scaled the difference up. There's about 4mm difference in the figure's height from where it should be at 1:18 scale. Scaled up, that would be a difference of 2.8" between them. In my book, that's enough to make a notable difference on a 1:6 scale figure (it'd be about half an inch, pretty noticeable on that size body), but within an acceptable margin of error for a 1:18 scale figure. You are correct that she is a little smaller than she should be, but I think fans aren't aware just how short she really is, even compared to a shrimp like Luke. She wouldn't get significantly taller in perfect scale, just 0.15" taller than the existing figure.

I have no idea which one you are referring. Is it another hammerhead, or something else? Cantina scene? What movie?

That one is coming later this year, so we'll see if it cuts the mustard. There are a number of those on my list already that I didn't post because I'm "wait and see" mode for them.

They're doing the Evo/TLC version in ESB colors in the first wave of TVC, isn't that exactly what you're asking for? I thought about asking for the VOTC in ESB colors, I like the helmet and shoulders better, but it didn't feel essential enough to me to put it in my list.

The helmet is a different shape altogether, it sits lower and has a different flare. The "face" has different proportions slightly. The vest is OVER the shoulder armor. The arms are slightly different in design. The belt sits at a different height. The legs are a slightly different design. It all adds up, when you look at pics of ANH Vader you can see a major difference from ESB and ROTJ Vader, who are much more similar to each other by comparison.

I'm not a huge fan of the "red lens" thing, it's actually seeing David Prowse behind the helmet and not intentional, but it stands out enough for fans that they expect it.

I expect her to be shorter than Luke but if you look at the movie she is distinctively taller than Artoo and Wicket. That's the problem. Maybe the droids and Ewoks should be slightly shorter then. Idk. It just bothers me.

The alien is in the cantina scene and you also see one on a viewscreen outside the nightclub in AOTC. I forget the name...Hem Dazon??? I forget the species name. He is brown with gold sparkly eyes and a wide head like Hammerhead.

Good to know. I didn't know about Jabba. That's why I left Zam, Hoth Leia, Dengar and Bespin Luke off my list. I knew they were comming out.

Huh? The Evo version and TLC versions with removable helmets are in ESB colors. Green gauntlets, brown cape, all green back pack. I want it in ROTJ colors with red gauntlets and green cape with yellow and red on the jetpack.

Doesn't he also have no chain or the placement of it is at the neck rather than clasped lower on the chest in the later movies? I see your points but with all the black the details don't really stand out. To me those differences are very small. I would like one with a saber hilt that isn't molded to his hip though, and it should face upwards instead of down.

bigbarada
03-06-2010, 05:02 AM
Since my dwindling want list is ROTJ-centric, I will start there. I'm approaching this by asking myself "If the line had just been cancelled, which figures would I most regret never getting a chance to see made or remade?"

Figures in bold are my ultra-core list.

ROTJ:
1. Kithaba
2. Barada
3. Gamorrean Guard
4. Admiral Ackbar
5. Wicket
6. Yak Face
7. Biker Scout - go back to the drawing board and start again from scratch
8. Darth Vader with removable helmet - just put a better cape on the Evolutions figure and he's perfect (the single piece removable helmet is still the best version)

ESB:
0 - as far as I'm concerned, this movie is done when it comes to action figures that I can get excited about. I guess I could put Bespin Han, but he better be freakin' amazing.

ANH:
1. Cantina Band Member - SA with all 5 instruments and a stool
2. Grand Moff Tarkin
3. Rebel Fleet Trooper - all new SA version
4. R2-D2 - still waiting for the "perfect," non-gimmicky version
5. C-3PO - SA, non-vac-metalized, non-gimmicky version

EU:
1. Chukha-Trok

Prequels:
1. Tarfull
2. Wookiee Warriors

LTBasker
03-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Never. Using. Quick Reply. Again.

A New Hope:
Grand Moff Tarkin - As one of the few main characters of an OT Star Wars movie that didn't go on to be the main cast, he has a surprising lack of favoritism at Hasbro. His POTF2 figure looks more like James Rebhorn, and then his last claim to fame was a repaint of a figure that was inspired by a contrived cameo. Is it bad that I demand a new Tarkin to have clicky-hinge joints?
Rebel Fleet Trooper - Each previous version has been decent for its era; the 90's steroid abuse; and the pre-posed, yet articulated, yet under-articulated just enough to tick you off POTJ days. Its time these guys in their banana republic fatigues got the capability to a plethora of potential poses like the Imperial army builders. Or is Hasbro saying that the Rebel Alliance won due to their steadfast and statuesque stance, while the Empire attempted to flex its way across the universe, thus inevitably becoming flimsy and falling?
Lak Sivrak - Admittedly, the POTF2 version is still a fine (background) figure, but I would truly love to see him given his due credit with a new figure. Seriously, who thinks to replace the Wolfman with the Elephant Man? Plus, whoever designed the accessory for the POTF2 version was a genius; a giant wrist-mounted blade for a werewolf? Brilliant! It's a B movie that awaits its cult following: Werewolves with Giant Wrist-Mounted Blades in SPAAAAACCCCE
Jek Porkins - Hasbro doesn't like fat people. We all know it, I simply acknowledged the elephant in the room. Err...
Greedo - Actually just give the guy a more accurate vest. The fuzzy thing for VTSC Greedo makes him look like a gorram hippy, and they don't need to plague any other "Star (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvWWOcVDNEw)" franchises.

Empire Strikes Back:
Hoth Rebel Soldier - Major Goatee turned out pretty decently, easily the best Rebel Soldier figure ever, but a generic version is needed, preferably with swappable heads! And no running change variation! Just put the heads in the packaging, the running change barely works even when they do get the variation released. Besides, heads seemingly floating would mean I could use it for Halloween decor.
2-1B - Perhaps I was a strange child, but the POTF2 version was one of my favorite figures due to its somewhat quirky appearance, and translucent mid-section. I was highly disappointed to stumble across the 100 Calories version for ROTS, and demand a new Deuce that can once again be tall and proud. Oddly, the ROTS version reminds me of the child Prawn in District-9.
Han in Carbonite - The TSC version seemed more devoted to the figure than the Carbonite block, which is really missing the point. The block is the main feature, the figure is only an accessory to sell it. Anyways, I prefer the POTF2 version overall, especially since it was more fun due the interactivity with clipping Han behind it. This was somewhat pointless, though, due to the fact that you can't see him. Toss in the vintage head-to-toe (sans shins) translucency, give Han sculpted bent alternate arms (ala OTC Dagobah Luke) to line up right with the carbo-indent when he's clipped in, and voila, you have gold. Carbonite gold. Then just fill it in and give it lights for a battlepack!
Jeremy Bulloch as Imperial Officer - For two decades this guy was the unofficial face of Boba Fett, only to be replaced by a cast member of Speed 2 that wasn't Willem Dafoe (my God... a Boba Dafoe would be epic). It's time for his face to be known once and for all, and there is no better way than another Imperial Officer to flesh out our ranks with. I swear the ulterior motive of wanting to use the figure's release to swap out all the heads to make my green armored Jango Fetts into real Boba Fetts has nothing to do with it.
Snowtrooper Officer - Should be a fairly simple thing to do, just keep the odd coloring away from the helmet.

Return of the Jedi:
Wicket - Yub yub. You heard me.
Biker Scout - Just make the flip-up visor standard and give him ball-jointed hips. Oh, and a completely new OT speederbike accessory with figure-interactive foot pedals, clear plastic stand, click-hinge rear flaps all done in sturdy plastic. and a removable poncho, not in sturdy plastic.
Endor Rebel Soldier - The POTF2 version was nice looking, but a poor "action" figure unless he was asking your fellow figures for a few bucks because he has the munchies. What else could explain that left hand? The Saga versions were even better looking, but even less like "action figures" due to permanently Crossing Endor's Delaware. The attempts to articulate them for TSC was abysmal, and both lines' versions had running change variations that were a nerfherding pain to get. New versions with swappable heads that are included! No running changes!
Sim Aloo - At this point, they may as well make him due to his vintage lineage, plus he is one of the more interesting looking Dignitaries with his Space Pope appearance. Undeniably more interesting than the squat patrol with goofy hats we got in the Saga line. Plus, make a running change variation to remove the hat and you automatically have Jocasta Nu.
Ree-Yees - With the awesome Kyle Katern figure out, they may as well make a new version of Ree-Yees since his clone army are a frequent enemy throughout Jedi Knight. The previous version is just too bulky for today's sculpts.
Oola - For educational purposes only, I swear.
Weequay - Seriously... He's too awesome to be stuck with a figure whose only diversity is that sometimes he doesn't want to hold his weapon. Of course, holding a weapon in one pose your whole life, I'd be quite adamant to take a break from it as well.
Emperor's Royal Guard - The POTF2 version was spectacular aside from the slight nitpick that the only humanoid feature really present was a pair of arms, but he could at least hold the force pike properly. Which hasn't been true for either of the Royal Guard figures that have been released since. Is it really that hard to topple a salt shaker?

EU:
Dash Rendar - This too was one of my favorite figures during the POTF2 stage, and the awesome costume and armor still make me quite fond of it. However, the time has certainly come for a new version, and it should be done ASAP.
Leebo - It still amazes me that we had such a strong SotE influence at one point, and yet only Galoob gave him love.
Snoova/Chewie in Disguise - Wookiee bounty hunter. The POTF2 version was somewhat goofy, but I'd like to see what Hasbro could do with it nowadays.
Jerec (Dark Forces 2) - Even if we don't get the rest of the his Dark Jedi minions, the presence of a decent Kyle Katarn demands a figure of Jerec to be brought into being.
Jetpeck Clone (Battlefront - the first one) - Considering all of the influence that Battlefront has already given Hasbro, it seems as though this very simple figure should be high on their list.
Rebel Sniper (Battlefront) - Same as the Jetpack Clone with the influence, but obviously this is a more complex sculpt whether they go with urban/Endor style, or cold weather/Hoth style. It'd be awesome to see this made to add some female diversity to the various Rebel battalions.

Prequels:
Captain Panaka - The figure was decent for its few bit of time of existence, but quickly fell into boredom as people realized he needed more than one pose. 11 years later, and that's still his only figure. Sad.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Jeremy Bulloch as Imperial Officer - For two decades this guy was the unofficial face of Boba Fett, only to be replaced by a cast member of Speed 2 that wasn't Willem Dafoe (my God... a Boba Dafoe would be epic). It's time for his face to be known once and for all, and there is no better way than another Imperial Officer to flesh out our ranks with. I swear the ulterior motive of wanting to use the figure's release to swap out all the heads to make my green armored Jango Fetts into real Boba Fetts has nothing to do with it.
Jeremy got his due with the Jeremoch Colton figure, but I suppose I can see wanting a Lt. Sheckil as well. They'd have to put it in a pack or something, I think, as Imperial Officers don't sell well when single-carded.

If the line ended tomorrow, I would still be generally happy overall with what was released. I know I occasionally ask for nitpicky issues to be addressed on figures, but most of them are pretty damn great, especially when we take into account that they're 3.75" toys.

That said, I'm reposting my list from the top 30 poll we had a while back, as I think it's a pretty good indication of what I still want. I mean, I want a lot more than this, but these are definite "needs" for the line. I didn't really put a lot of figures on there that I assumed they'd eventually get to, but it's still a good start.

1. Cliegg Lars - this one is an absolute must and I would feel the line would be somewhat incomplete without one
2. Palpatine from duel with Yoda
3. Funeral Pyre Vader
4. Padmé green gown
5. Han Solo Yavin Ceremony
6. Clone Pilot Odd Ball
7. G8-R3 (R5-A7)
8. Padmé Yellow Picnic Dress
9. Padmé - orange handmaiden dress
10. Mawhonic
11. Yoda Spirit
12. Cane Adiss
13. Kitster
14. Wald
15. Padmé Palpatine’s Office
16. Lumat - or whatever you want to call the Ewok they made in the vintage line under this name
17. Ben Quadinaros
18. Kithaba
19. Queen Amidala post-senate black
20. Nute Gunray Holographic
21. Ann or Tan Gella
22. Davish “Pops” Krail - Gold 5
23. Nikto Skiff 2 Vintage
24. Melas
25. Tiree - Gold 2
26. Torynn Farr
27. Sim Aloo
28. R5-X2
29. Padmé Backless Dress
30. Padmé Senate Empire Declared

As for updates to core characters, perhaps getting into more nitpicky territory, how about:
Luke Skywalker
*Tatooine - as was said, the Resurgence of the Jedi pack comes oh so close. I would be happy with this one, but I would like a slight revisit with the aforementioned issues addressed as well.
*Hoth - definitely needs an SA upgrade, perhaps with before-and-after heads.
*ESB Pilot - I love the newest one, but I'm talking about the scenes (mainly on Dagobah) where he has his helmet and thermal cap off, and I'd like one without his gloves as well (dunno about an ANH one as I already have four X-wing Lukes for that film).
*Dagobah - I suppose an SA version would be nice, though I like the OTC one and the one from the X-wing.
*Bespin fatigues - the upcoming one looks fantastic, but I still want one with the open jacket and no weapons, as seen on Dagobah.
*Jedi - the new one is nice, but it obviously has issues. I think they could revisit both the Tatooine and DSII versions due to the issues on both, but I think I could be content with the current ones.

Han Solo
*ANH - well, my main issue is the gun holster, as I'd like for it to attach to the leg. They could probably make him a bit beefier and it could look better.
*Yavin ceremony - I mentioned this in the list, I'm still not sure why they haven't done this.
*Bespin - hopefully next year's version is great. We'll see.
*Carbonite - the 1996 one was one of my first and favorite figures when I was younger. A modern update to the figure, with a thinner, more accurate carbonite block, would be great.

Princess Leia
*ANH - they could probably just put a new head on the medical frigate version and call it a day. They need to deal with the size of her hair buns, as they've usually been too short and too fat.
*Bespin Escape - the new Hoth one could possibly be a good basis for this one.

Anakin Skywalker
*TPM - Hasbro said the old ones are perfect, and they're pretty good, but I'd love a modern one with arm articulation. I've also always wanted one with a removable podrace helmet, which we don't yet have.
*AOTC Padawan - the weird face and awful soft goods on the Evolutions one mean this guy needs a resculpt. And they've never perfected his AOTC robe; we just have a windswept one (2003 Secret Ceremony) and an almost-there one (2005 ROTS deluxe). These things are issues that definitely need to be addressed. Ball-joint hips would be great here, too.
*ROTS Knight - they're giving him ball-joint elbows this year, apparently, which will improve on one of my favorite figures in the line. I still want a red-eyes version that doesn't suck, so maybe a running change or redeco for a multi-pack would do the trick.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Actually, I'm happy with this character in his many incarnations. Maybe a braidless TPM version, or a thicker-necked ANH version, or an SA ghost, but I can live without them.

Padmé Amidala
My top choices are in the top 30 list. I'd rather see all-new ones than updates, but a new TPM battle one would be good. Oh, and:
*Arena - the 2002 one is a weird turd, and the Evolutions one could serve as a basis for a new version.

More later. I always like threads like this one.

Obsession is Nute
03-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Excellent thread. My list is full of characters I never anticipate on seeing, but this is my dream list! I am one of those crazy collectors that loves the old "statue" figures and loathes cloth capes and cloaks with every fiber of my being.

1.) ROTS Nute Gunray (No lightsaber marks! ): )Truely, my number one and this should not come as a suprise to no one.

2.) Guri, I would prefer her in a dress, red or blue, over her jumpsuit, but I will take any Guri I can get.

3.) Black Sun Bodyguard, these guys appeared in the SOTE comics and I always thought they looked spiffy. I will never see them following the demise of the Comic 2-packs, but oh well...

4.) Perfect Darth Vader, I agree with JT no more chiffon! My display Vader is first Vader with the removeable top helmet from 10+ years ago. I want a hard cape, I want him to be shiny and I want the ESB model.

5.) Perfect Emperor Palpatine, same complaints as above. My display Palpy is the first release in 1997. As far as I am concerned, chiffon is a plague to the collecting community. Additionally, the face molds for this guy have be absolutely terrible in recent years. I am pretty much looking for a hybrid of the TPM Sidious figure and the 1997 Palpatine with cane.

6.) Perfect Royal Guard, not sure what I want with this one. The original figure, while good, looked kind of like he had too many pieces of cake, but the new figure looks like a treesquirel with his stupid chiffon robes. I would like an updated statue, pretty much.

7.) Perfect ANH Leia, the closest they have come, IMO is the Leia packaged with the Anniversary tins where she have her white hood and a blaster. Something along this vien would be appreciated. We love slave Leia, but the iconic Leia is hairbuns Leia, lets be honest.

8.) Ysanne Ishard, again I will never see her with the demise of the comic 2-packs, but I still want this crazy, evil chick.

9.) Komari Vosa, a minority of collectors will recognize whom I am talking, so I know she will never be made. However, I still contend that Bounty Hunter was a great game and Vosa a wonderful villan.

10.) AOTC Senator Amidala, Palpatine's Office, I view this as the iconic Senator Amidala. Want it.

I have others, but these would be the major ones.

JediTricks
03-06-2010, 03:12 PM
I expect her to be shorter than Luke but if you look at the movie she is distinctively taller than Artoo and Wicket. That's the problem. Maybe the droids and Ewoks should be slightly shorter then. Idk. It just bothers me.R2 stands 2.5" tall, that scales at 1.14m, which is indeed wrong, R2 should only be 0.96m tall. Scaled back down, that's a difference of 1cm on the figure, which is almost half an inch. Ironically, you know who's that tall? R2-D2. Clone Wars R2, that is.

Huh, I didn't realize R2 was too tall before. The BAD Astromech is right in between the 2 heights, so that's another reason the BAD is superior.

I am not going to measure the Ewoks, but they're getting smaller now, the old Wicket scale is way off.

The alien is in the cantina scene and you also see one on a viewscreen outside the nightclub in AOTC. I forget the name...Hem Dazon??? I forget the species name. He is brown with gold sparkly eyes and a wide head like Hammerhead.Oh, yeah, Hem Dazon he is, and he's an Arcona. We have that figure though, got him in 2006 in the TSC line. That's why I thought you meant something else.

Good to know. I didn't know about Jabba. That's why I left Zam, Hoth Leia, Dengar and Bespin Luke off my list. I knew they were comming out.I didn't know about Zam. That's why I left Hoth Leia and Bespin Luke off my lists too though.

Huh? The Evo version and TLC versions with removable helmets are in ESB colors. Green gauntlets, brown cape, all green back pack. I want it in ROTJ colors with red gauntlets and green cape with yellow and red on the jetpack.Right, you are correct, I mistook them for each other by accident.

Doesn't he also have no chain or the placement of it is at the neck rather than clasped lower on the chest in the later movies? I see your points but with all the black the details don't really stand out. To me those differences are very small. I would like one with a saber hilt that isn't molded to his hip though, and it should face upwards instead of down.Yes, you are correct about the cape chain being different (it's shorter, and half the movie it is stuck under the helmet). Hasbro never does the neck chain anymore unfortunately.

Since my dwindling want list is ROTJ-centric, I will start there. I'm approaching this by asking myself "If the line had just been cancelled, which figures would I most regret never getting a chance to see made or remade?"Makes good sense.

3. Gamorrean Guard They are doing a new one this next year, I believe.

7. Biker Scout - go back to the drawing board and start again from scratchYes, totally agree!

ANH:

1. Cantina Band Member - SA with all 5 instruments and a stoolThere are 6, possibly 7 band members actually. But I think 1 of them uses the same instrument as another.

3. Rebel Fleet Trooper - all new SA versionAck, how could I leave that off my list? That and Lt. Pello Scrambas, the old guy from the scene!

Never. Using. Quick Reply. Again.Ooh, I've been there, that sucks! How much did you lose?

Han in Carbonite - The TSC version seemed more devoted to the figure than the Carbonite block, which is really missing the point. The block is the main feature, the figure is only an accessory to sell it. Anyways, I prefer the POTF2 version overall, especially since it was more fun due the interactivity with clipping Han behind it. This was somewhat pointless, though, due to the fact that you can't see him. Toss in the vintage head-to-toe (sans shins) translucency, give Han sculpted bent alternate arms (ala OTC Dagobah Luke) to line up right with the carbo-indent when he's clipped in, and voila, you have gold. Carbonite gold. Then just fill it in and give it lights for a battlepack!I'm not down with the translucency, completely removes the accuracy, but I do like the alternate arms idea, an alternate head to go with it. Ooh, now I'm greedy, translucent but for ROTJ, and opaque for ESB.

Snowtrooper Officer - Should be a fairly simple thing to do, just keep the odd coloring away from the helmet.Would need new helmet, new shoulders, new chest. I can get behind this, but it wouldn't be on my list, just not thrilling enough.

EU:
Dash Rendar - This too was one of my favorite figures during the POTF2 stage, and the awesome costume and armor still make me quite fond of it. However, the time has certainly come for a new version, and it should be done ASAP.
Leebo - It still amazes me that we had such a strong SotE influence at one point, and yet only Galoob gave him love.
Snoova/Chewie in Disguise - Wookiee bounty hunter. The POTF2 version was somewhat goofy, but I'd like to see what Hasbro could do with it nowadays.
Jerec (Dark Forces 2) - Even if we don't get the rest of the his Dark Jedi minions, the presence of a decent Kyle Katarn demands a figure of Jerec to be brought into being.
Jetpeck Clone (Battlefront - the first one) - Considering all of the influence that Battlefront has already given Hasbro, it seems as though this very simple figure should be high on their list.
Rebel Sniper (Battlefront) - Same as the Jetpack Clone with the influence, but obviously this is a more complex sculpt whether they go with urban/Endor style, or cold weather/Hoth style. It'd be awesome to see this made to add some female diversity to the various Rebel battalions.Dang, that whole list is awesome!

JediTricks
03-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Excellent thread. Thanks!

3.) Black Sun Bodyguard, these guys appeared in the SOTE comics and I always thought they looked spiffy. I will never see them following the demise of the Comic 2-packs, but oh well...I do not remember these guys at all. Any visual links to remind us?

5.) Perfect Emperor Palpatine, same complaints as above. My display Palpy is the first release in 1997. As far as I am concerned, chiffon is a plague to the collecting community. Additionally, the face molds for this guy have be absolutely terrible in recent years. I am pretty much looking for a hybrid of the TPM Sidious figure and the 1997 Palpatine with cane.Yeah, that's definitely going to be on my ROTJ list. I'm not sure if I want hard plastic though, doesn't look right sitting in his throne, and I want that throne. But if they can't pull out of the soft-goods nosedive they've been in the last half-decade, then yeah, no more of that.

LTBasker
03-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Jeremy got his due with the Jeremoch Colton figure, but I suppose I can see wanting a Lt. Sheckil as well. They'd have to put it in a pack or something, I think, as Imperial Officers don't sell well when single-carded.

But... I don't want Colton. :p

Ooh, I've been there, that sucks! How much did you lose?

I had to rewrite everything from the OT movies, which brought me to finding out that it's somewhat difficult to remember cheesy humor. I should've learned my lesson before now using it for lists, as it's the 4th or 5th time (at least) :nerv:, but it's just so convenient to simply scroll to the bottom of the page and start writing. Just realized that I forgot Riekan when rewriting, though.

I'm not down with the translucency, completely removes the accuracy, but I do like the alternate arms idea, an alternate head to go with it. Ooh, now I'm greedy, translucent but for ROTJ, and opaque for ESB.

Yeah, that could work. I wanted to mention having lights on the side for the panels, but I doubt that's very possible without it being a solid block. Wouldn't actually mind it turning out like that, but not sure Hasbro wants to market a figure with a huge block it can't interact with.

JediTricks
03-06-2010, 03:46 PM
Yeah, Shekil cowardly uses Leia as a human shield while setting Luke up for a trap, it'd be cooler than Colton.

Ouch, that's a lot to lose for you. The "flavor" is usually what I end up losing in my posts when that happens too.

No way they can get lights in this thing, the scale is so small that they'd have to do it fiber-optically which is prohibitively expensive for a kids toy. And if they used regular LEDs, the whole block would light up from cast-off because they don't do primer inside to keep light from casting through. Like the way the DST Wrath of Khan Enterprise lights up.

LTBasker
03-06-2010, 03:56 PM
Ah, that's true. Well, they could market it as a portable night light. :D

JediTricks
03-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Ok, more additions...
ANH:

Rebel Fleet Trooper - good articulation, better sculpting, no huge puffy pants.
Lt. Pello Scrambas - the old guy RFT, basically the first guy you see in Star Wars, the one who Sam Jackson thought was going to be the star of the movie.
The other Imperial Scanning Tech - the one that doesn't look as stupid in the face and has the scanning box. Scheduled then dropped. No!

ESB:

Dagobah pilot Luke - no gloves, no window on the helmet, no thermal cap, and the flight suit is somehow shinier and dirtier than on Hoth.
Stormtrooper - ESB's stormies are different in the helmet, and really I just want a better holster and the hips to be able to tilt out a little without looking horrible.
Yoda - I didn't want to put this on there, I'm pretty happy with the OTC version, but it's a salt shaker and has specific arms. I don't like fatty VOTC at all though, so it's no good to me. I suppose if they never did another, I'd be happy with the OTC, but I think they can do better.
The other Rebel Hoth Trooper - scheduled then dropped.

And my ROTJ list:

Luke Jabba's Palace - I hate having to put this on the list yet again, but none of what we have works very well. If they had a better cloth vest out there, I'd just use the existing Luke Death Star 2 figure, but the battle pack cloth vest is too big and the TAC version is only half the vest and permanently stuck to the figure.
Luke Endor / Death Star II - no wasp-waist, better limbs, not so anorexic-looking. The head is already quite good though. Poncho and helmet should be a little less bulky than the previous. Lightsaber should be ACCURATE!!!
Leia Endor General - one that's not a giraffe or a bobblehead, and actually has Leia's face.
Part of me says Leia Ewok Village in modern styling. I don't really want this one particularly, but it just seems like it needs to be done better than the existing duo. It's on the fence.
EV-9D9 - odd choice, I know, but the existing one is based on the Kenner mold, yet took away its muppet mouth. Modern quality sculpting would be better.
non-SE Sy Snootles - still visible in the film, while on the Sail Barge! Max & Droopy are ok figs for me, but the Sy fig sucked.
Weequay - it's way past time to get a modern-quality Weequay, maybe even 2 different ones with different armor from Luke's skiff. And have the head cast in soft plastic so the braids don't get in the way of posing.
Royal Guard - I'm fairly happy with the ROTS figure, but the soft goods are only so-so and it can't hold its pike right.
AT-ST Driver - the existing one is based off the mediocre Han disguise figure with its outdated sculpt and articulation. It doesn't even look good in the new AT-ST.
Biker Scout - start from the ground up, get the helmet size right, arm detail right, and get the articulation in the torso, shoulders, and hips to work better.
Speederbike - not a figure, but damnit, we need this so much I can't obey my own rules! A clear, positionable flight stand seems like a no-brainer.
The Emperor from ROTJ - you know, the guy the whole movie is about. How about a figure of him that doesn't, you know, suck? One that LOOKS LIKE THE CHARACTER and also has a costume that LOOKS LIKE THE ONE THE CHARACTER WORE. Articulation to do stuff from the movie seems like a no-brainer, yet clearly the designers of past Emperor figures haven't even had that.
1 more Endor Rebel Trooper - we have almost everybody, but some of the regular guys aren't very good or accurate, and even the ones who are have poor articulation. I don't want the whole band over again, but we need 1 more to bolster the ranks without embarrassing them.
Wicket - in scale this time. With his bolo, spear, maybe some rebel food sticks, I dunno, something more than his normal bland self.
Lando General who can sit in the Falcon - I don't want another Lando General, but I do want a Lando General who has articulation in BOTH arms. Crazy, I know.
Nien Nunb - you know, a REAL one.
Admiral Ackbar - barely makes my list, I'm still somewhat happy with the POTF2 version based on the head and arm sculpt. But yeah, he's not remotely good enough, and needs his chair.
Spirit of Obi-Wan - in modern quality.
Spirit of Anakin - Sebastian Shaw, in modern quality.
Spirit of Yoda - in modern quality and sculpted to be able to sit on a wooden fence he'd have to come with.

Wow, that's a much bigger list than I expected. Then again, ESB was too. Still, not a massive list, a dozen and a half figures.

bigbarada
03-06-2010, 08:06 PM
I am not going to measure the Ewoks, but they're getting smaller now, the old Wicket scale is way off.

Well, since Paploo was played by Kenny Baker and Kenny Baker fits inside of R2-D2, then that might be a good basis for establishing proper scale for the Ewoks.

They are doing a new one this next year, I believe.

I hope so, but until I see a prototype or the production drawings, like we saw for Wooof, then I'm keeping him on my list. I still consider the vintage Gamorrean Guard to be the best version, by far.

ANH:
There are 6, possibly 7 band members actually. But I think 1 of them uses the same instrument as another.

IIRC, aren't there only 5 individual instruments though? If Hasbro were to just pack in all the instruments with one generic Cantina Band Member, then collectors could just buy as many as they want to complete their band.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-06-2010, 10:00 PM
IIRC, aren't there only 5 individual instruments though? If Hasbro were to just pack in all the instruments with one generic Cantina Band Member, then collectors could just buy as many as they want to complete their band.They've only made 5 instruments in previous releases, but at the bottom of the this page (http://www.rebelscum.com/TACtinmodalnodes.asp), it says that Tedn Dahai plays the Rakassah Horn. However, this page (http://www.rebelscum.com/TACcantina.asp) and Wookieepedia both say he plays the fanfar. On this site (http://cantinacustoms.tripod.com/id18.htm) it is Ickabel G'ont that is said to be playing the "Rakassah stand-up bass." Regardless of whether the band members or instruments are named correct, he does have a picture of a different instrument.

Devo
03-06-2010, 10:06 PM
First of all-

I am one of those crazy collectors that loves the old "statue" figures and loathes cloth capes and cloaks with every fiber of my being.

:thumbsup: I feel the same. Sadly we are a dying breed and figures on which our particular wants are catered to will be fewer and further between. As long as people keep insisting on SA for every single character Hasbro will use softgoods at every opportunity - meaning we will never get a decent ROTJ Emperor because, I'm sorry, you just can't have both superarticulation and a full softgoods robe that doesn't look ridiculous - not in this scale. Its one or the other and obviously I'd much rather have a saltshaker with awesome sculpting.

I don't think I'm going to write any lists as they'd be ridiculously long. However any background character from the cantina, echo base, jabbas palace and the carkoon battle are pretty much essential for me and first priority. Core character redos for those that need them are a given but not something I get excited about. Last year simultaneously crushed and raised hopes for the future of core characters with DSII Luke and Snowspeeder Luke respectively. The new Hoth Leia and Bespin Luke look good at prototype stage.

JediTricks
03-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Well, since Paploo was played by Kenny Baker and Kenny Baker fits inside of R2-D2, then that might be a good basis for establishing proper scale for the Ewoks.Why, whatever do you mean? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Kenny_Paploo.jpg
:p
Ok, quite so, the Wookieepedia listing says 0.96m. I guess a metal dome is the same as furry ears. Wicket is listed as 0.8m. Logray and Chief Chirpa as 1m. I can't find any of my new Ewok figures though to measure them, I haven't looked that hard but I never put them up because they didn't look right with my old ones.

They've only made 5 instruments in previous releases, but at the bottom of the this page (http://www.rebelscum.com/TACtinmodalnodes.asp), it says that Tedn Dahai plays the Rakassah Horn. However, this page (http://www.rebelscum.com/TACcantina.asp) and Wookieepedia both say he plays the fanfar. On this site (http://cantinacustoms.tripod.com/id18.htm) it is Ickabel G'ont that is said to be playing the "Rakassah stand-up bass." Regardless of whether the band members or instruments are named correct, he does have a picture of a different instrument.Ugh, my brain hurts. That last resource, I've seen it before but never tried to pay attention to it. They should just make the stand-up bass along with the other 5, you can clearly hear it in the tune.

El Chuxter
03-07-2010, 12:21 AM
They should re-release the cantina band members with Earth instruments and make it easier.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-07-2010, 12:39 AM
They should re-release the cantina band members with Earth instruments and make it easier.

Yeah, release the actual instruments used to make the Cantina music. Then they could make a John Williams figure to direct them all.

Cane_Adiss
03-07-2010, 12:48 AM
Heres mine, 10 from each source. I know many of them are weird choices (and more than a few may never see production) but here goes:

ANH:

1. Kal'Falnl C'ndros - a blink and you'll miss it appearance. She's a huge avian whose legs can be seen for a second in the movie. Her whole body was revealed in a WOTC game supplement. Check wookieepedia for an image. She's just as essential as any cantina alien in my opinion.

2. Solomahal - a super obscure alien from the cantina scene. Really tough to spot. There were actually two of his species wearing similar clothes in the film and both are ridiculously obscure. The commonly seen image of Solomahal is actually from his Holiday Special appearance, and he's alot thinner. We're long overdue for a Lutrillian in the line.

3. Tzizvvt - another crazy obscure alien from the cantina, and yeah he is visible in the movie (all of them actually are if you know where to look!) This one was a finalist in the latest fan's choice poll so I'm confident Hasbro has him on their radar.

4. Mosep Binneed/ Tawss Khaa - Marvel's Nimbanel "Jabba the Hut" also known as "Mingo" or "Walrus". Easier to spot in the streets of Mos Eisley. There is also a Nimbanel with a topknot who I think is supposed to be named Tawss Khaa. Decipher goofed (big suprise) and renamed an alternate image of Mosep Tawss Khaa instead of the top-knotted Nimbanel. Anyway, I'd like to see both. It would be easy as they both wear the same outfit.

5. Melas - Sarkan replacement for the Arleil Schous's close up in the Special Edition. Mask was just a reversed Ketwol head with a turban to cover the Ketwol's tusks and trunk. I'd like to see Hasbro's take on the character, and he's a no-brainer considering Hasbro's gonna do all the cantina eventually.

6. Reegesk - really not as interesting an alien design imo, but essential to completing the cantina as he got a closeup in the movie. Another one that Hasbro could get creative with if they wanted.

7. Arleil Schous - Lucas thought he had him edited out of the movie, but he's still there. And in the very first frame of the cantina of all things. Here's another guy I've been waiting for for years. Hasbro said he's coming eventually so I'll just continue to wait...

8. Rycar Ryjerd - another prominant cantina patron, to the best of my recollection Hasbro has never commented on Rycar specifically so I hope Hasbro's got this one in their parking lot.

9. Tonnika Sisters - yes, I know the whole story about why they can't be made blah blah blah. That doesn't make them any less essential to my collection. If the Star Wars line ends without these two ladies being done then I'll have to break down and either customize them myself or buy customs. But I'll leave them out of any voting I do because they're wasted votes.

10. Dianoga - I was never satisfied with the half-*$$ed dianoga we got in the terrible trash compactor exclusives years ago. I'd like to see one that actually looks cool and functions as a toy. I think this is a no-brainer for Hasbro to consider now that we have passable versions of Luke and Han in their disguises. It would make a killer battle pack imo.

Cane_Adiss
03-07-2010, 01:06 AM
ESB:

1. Treva Horme - another Lutrillian, this time a towering female Bespin citizen in bright blue clothes. Would make a great companion figure to:

2. Wiorkettle - a supposedly male (metrosexual?) Snivvian resident of Cloud City. I hope Hasbro will find a way to get the robes right if they do soft goods on this one.

3. 2-1B - The ROTS version really isn't a good stand-in for the ESB version. There are too many differences between the two that they probably couldn't even share any parts. We need one of these on a Vintage card for sure.

4. Lando Calrissian - the "vintage" figure is in need of an upgrade. Give us a better likeness, new SA arms and an better designed cape that is the right length, drapes correctly over the shoulders and is removeable, but doesn't fall off when you look at it the wrong way.

5. Toryn Farr - another finalist on the recent Fan's choice poll. One that I expect to come out in the next year or so.

6. Lt. Sheckil - another highly requested "boring" imperial officer. This is pretty much the only one I'm interested in seeing done other than a new Tarkin and maybe a new Yularen.

7. Probe Droid - like the dianoga, this is one deluxe type figure that could really use an overhaul. Super articulation, better proportions and correct deco are what I'm looking for here.

8. Carbonite Han Solo - Hasbro really needs to nail the Carbonite block, if nothing else. This is one of those essential accessories that every collection needs. And we really haven't gotten a passable one yet.

9. Bespin escape Leia - I expect we'll see this one in the next year or so.

10. Mynocks - I'd like to see Hasbro take another swing at these. Put them in a battle pack or as an accessory with the eventual Mynock Hunt Leia or a new Han.

Cane_Adiss
03-07-2010, 01:37 AM
ROTJ:

1. Cane Adiss - without a doubt the one figure I've been waiting the longest for. I know BigBarada was campaining for this one a loooong time ago, but I wanted this ever since I saw it in the Behind the magic cd-rom thing and the decipher card game. Pretty much around the time I started playing w/ Star Wars toys in the old POTF2 days. Now that he's finally known by what seems the majority of collectors and a finalist in the latest Fan's choice poll, I'm guessing he's finally in Hasbro's parking lot!

2. Loje Nella - a figure I've been campaigning for in recent years, unfortunately Hasbro says this ones a long ways off. That is if they ever get to him at all. Maybe if more people start asking for him we'll get lucky someday! This guy's species has finally been identified as a Riorian which is funny because his species sounds almost like my first name. Another reason to want this guy!

3. Jess - another badly wanted figure since the decipher card game days. Often confused with Arica (aka Mara Jade) this character is not only actually in the movie, but looks alot different than Decipher's depiction of "Arica". In any case Hasbro, give us both. Jess is pretty prominent too as she can be spotted near Tessek and Bib Fortuna in several frames, particularly during and after the musical number.

4. Attark - now this is one character (a-la Bane Malar) that doesn't clearly appear in Jabba's palace if he's onscreen at all. Regardless, I'd love a figure of him. Put him in a two pack with another small palace denizen such as a Jawa or maybe:

5. Wam Lufba - this blaster-toting Yuzzum looks a bit cartoonish, and perhaps even a bit out of place among Jabba's more realistic and bizarre courtiers. But he has a certain strange quality that makes me want a figure of him. Unfortunately again he's low on Hasbro's priority list, along with Loje Nella. Hopefully they have a change of heart.

6. Sy Snootles - I don't know why Hasbro is so reluctant to admit that a Vintage Sy Snootles is not only a good idea, but an absolutely necessary upgrade to the animated statue we got back in '98. The old design was better in many fan's opinions it seems and she'd look great either by herself on a vintage style card (with microphone accessory) or in a set with a repacked Max and Droopy. Also, give Max a new (complete) organ please!

7, 8, 9. Geezum, Shasa Tiel, Yoxgit - These three palace aliens have been on many wishlists for awhile. Yoxgit in particular would be an easy repaint of an existing Ugnaught figure. Geezum's headsculpt would lend itself well to Wiorkettle or Zutton figures and Shasa Tiel would be an answer to many fan's wishes for a Jabba's Palace Ishi Tib. (actuall so would Harc Seff, who was a special edition addition).

10. TT8-L gatekeeper droid - This one would be tricky I know. It would only work well in a battle pack type scenario either built into the giant door or the droid a separate figure that fits through a hole in said door, and including C-3PO, R2 and a perhaps a Gammorrean.

OK so I'm done writing up my OT wants. Tomorrow I'll do the PT wants and EU. It's late, I'm tired and I've got a bad day at work ahead of me tomorrow. I have a bad feeling about this...

Cane_Adiss
03-07-2010, 09:58 AM
OK here's TPM

1. Edcel Bar Gane - a Roonan senator not clearly seen onscreen, but in several behind-the-scenes images. Not your typical salt-shaker senator either. This guy could probably be done SA. One of my favorite prequel-era alien species because it looks really "area-51 ish".

2, 3, 4, 5, 6. Aldar Beedo, Elan Mak, Ebe Endocott, Boles Roor, Wan Sandage - almost all of the remaining pod race pilots. As for the remaining 5, I think we're getting Mawhonic and Ratts Tyrell next year. The other three: Neva Kee, Ben Quadinaros and Ark "bumpy" Roose are a little farther down on my list.

7. Aurra Sing - She needs to be just as articulated as the upcoming animated figure, but detailed like the movie. I can't see Hasbro putting this one off much longer.

8. EG-9 - a really obscure little yellow Neimoidian maintenance droid. Would work best either in a battle pack or a two pack with a PK worker droid. Saw his picture first in the EP 1 visual dictionary but never knew his name until recently.

9. Erdan - a tall "multi-racial giant" according to one source I read. He can be seen walking the streets of Mos Espa. This is one I've wanted since the movie came out.

10. Yarael Poof - Hasbro said they'd like to get to updates of most of the Jedi Council and here's the one I'd like to see most. Give us better SA legs, a new body and SA arms w/ two extra arms hidden underneath a softgoods outer robe. Really the only thing that doesnt need changing is the head.

Cane_Adiss
03-07-2010, 10:19 AM
AOTC:

1. Rogwa Wodrata - one of the few remaining members of the Separatist "round table" scene. She could share parts with a hypothetical Toonbuck Toora figure as well.

2. Senator Tikkes - along with Rogwa Wodrata and Denaria Kee, one of the last of the Separatists to be done. A risky salt shaker figure, but one that Hasbro has expressed an interest in getting done someday.

3. Ko Sai - a Kaminoan cloner. The thin nature of this alien species would be a challenge to articulate well, but I dont think I'd need this one super articulated anyway. It'd be cool to see this one on a vintage card imo.

4. Chon Actrion - yeah I know he was just a bust in the movie, but I would like to see a fully fleshed out figure of this unique alien jedi at some point, plus a bust accessory would be awesome.

5. Lunae Minx - Lucas's daughter plays a purple Twi-lek in the Outlander club, and I think she would make a good figure even if not a crazy good seller.

6. Kalyn Farnmir - another female from the Outlander club. She's pretty prominent in the scene where Obi-Wan offs Zam's arm. She looks more "bounty-hunterish than most of the other girls in that sequence so maybe Hasbro will consider her for that reason.

7. Ame Llom - another interesting alien lady from the Outlander club. This girl's dressed a little more conservatively than most of the other girls at the club and would probably benefit as a figure from that. Unfortunately for her, Kalyn and Lunae, Hasbro has said they do not plan to get to any more Outlander patrons. Ever. Oh well.

8. Fi-Ek Sirch - the Nikto Jedi from the first Saga line is in major need of an upgrade, complete with his official name on the package.

9. Rickshaw Droid - imo he would make a cool mini rig type figure, but may suffer from his lack of screen time and lack of "aggressiveness" as a toy. Would also work well in a battle pack along with Anakin and Padme.

10. Tas Kee - Female Weequay. Looks kick-*$$. Need I say more?

Cane_Adiss
03-07-2010, 10:44 AM
ROTS:

1. Mon Calamari Dancer - one I've wanted since I saw the concept art in the Art of Revenge book, and one of my two most wanted figures. A stunning alien design imo. A risky figure obviously, but could she sell any worse than Pons Limbic or Leesub Sirln? I think not. Also Hasbro has on more than one occasion hinted at a desire to see this one get done someday. I'm holding my breath for later this year! She'd look incredible on a vintage card.

2. Eeusu Estornii - another unique alien that I really want to see done. She looks like a cross between Elis Helrot and Aurra Sing. Too bad as a Senator she'd pretty much be a salt shaker. She'd make a great companion figure to:

3. Veedaaz Awmetth - A red skinned Sarrish senator who appears just off-camera at Padme's funeral along with Senator Estornii. This guy could get away with being SA due to his apparent lack of robes. I think Mr. Awmetth looks so bad-*$$ even the kids might be interested if he was packed with a weapon.

4. J'oopi She - a green Nikto (Klaatu) jedi from some unused scene in ROTS. Hasbro probably has this one on their radar as they seem intent on delivering all obscure alien jedi.

5, 6. - Tundra Dowmeia and his aide Cellheim Anujo - Tundra's pretty cut an dry, a pale skinned Quarren Loyalist senator salt-shaker. Cellheim's not so cut and dry. If Hasbro were smart they would make his strange head-dress removeable so you could see just what is underneath. Another Quarren? Something scarier? Hasbro could get creative with this one but I guess when it's all said and done he'd be another salt-shaker anyway.

7. Nute Gunray - I don't really care if they reuse the EP1 era Neimoidian base again but I'd like to have Nute from all three movies. He's a major villain and despite his species having bad luck at retail, I think he still deserves a figure.

8. San Hill - The one Separatist I think needs an upgrade the most. His stange pose and articulation look unnatural plus his likeness is way off. This one needs a complete overhaul which is a shame considering they nailed the other War Room figures on the first try.

9. Bana Breemu - another risky figure, but the one human senator from ROTS who I think looks the least wacko, and is the most deserving of a figure. I know she'd probably perform similarly to Breha. Which is to say, not perform at all.

10. Mon Calamari Dancer (male) - this one I didn't know existed until recently when I saw the image in the SW Chronicles: The prequels book. Previously I thought all the Mon Cal dancers in the movie were female. He'd obviously go great with the female dancer, but I'd like the female first please.

Other Prequel era figures that just barely missed the top 10 lists:

1. Captain Maoi Madakor
2. Toonbuck Toora
3. Ark "Bumpy" Roose
4. Mawhonic
5. Ben Quadinaros
6. Aerrley Rue
7. Neva Kee
8. Wat Tambor (SA arms)
9. Barriss Offee
10. Antidar Williams

Cane_Adiss
03-07-2010, 11:03 AM
EU:

Really the only EU I'm interested in has to do with either the Cantina or Shadows of the Empire. Heres my list.

1. Revwien - Concept figure based on Ron Cobb's cool drawing. It'd probably have limited articulation and have to come either with a large accessory (like a bench to sit on for instance), or be the large accessory. This is one of three "holy grail" figures that I really want done.

2. Ackmena - the night shift bartender. She's fair game for Hasbro in my opinion cause she appears in EU other than the Holiday Special. Hasbro really needs to give in to this one. Put her in another cantina bar set!

3. Chalmun - the Wookiee owner of the cantina. He should be based on the Ralph McQuarrie painting which depicts him. He could possibly share some of Chewbacca's parts.

4-10 The rest of the Holiday Special specific aliens: Ket Maliss, Cebann Veekan, Myhr Rho, Thorp, Kelbo, Y'bith. The only one I could do without would be the Tin Tin Dwarf but even he'd be welcome.

As for Shadows of the Empire, I'd buy pretty much anything they made from this story. Here are my wants from SOTE:

1. Guri
2. Leebo
3. Dash Rendar
4. Chewbacca in Bounty Hunter Disguise
5. Luke Skywalker in Black Sun Guard disguise

Mad Slanted Powers
03-07-2010, 02:33 PM
4. Lando Calrissian - the "vintage" figure is in need of an upgrade. Give us a better likeness, new SA arms and an better designed cape that is the right length, drapes correctly over the shoulders and is removeable, but doesn't fall off when you look at it the wrong way.I like what they did with the comic pack version. It had some sort of wire in the bottom edge of the cape that allowed you to bend the cape to a position it could hold.

Snowtrooper
03-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Here's my ANH list:

1. Dr. Evazan -sounds like we are going to get this one.
2. Uncle Owen
3. Governor Tarkin
4. Wedge Antilles -Such an important character to the whole OT and we've never gotten a good version of him.
5. Imperial Officer-white jacket, black slacks
6. Bom Vimdin -sounds like we'll get this one too.
7. Tzizvt
8. Tonnika Sisters -We'll probably never get them, but I can still dream.
9. Cantina Band Members -Super articulation along with a more detailed sculpt.
10. Rebel Fleet Trooper -Needs modern articulation and a better sculpt.

JediTricks
03-07-2010, 05:33 PM
9. Tonnika Sisters - yes, I know the whole story about why they can't be made blah blah blah. That doesn't make them any less essential to my collection. If the Star Wars line ends without these two ladies being done then I'll have to break down and either customize them myself or buy customs. But I'll leave them out of any voting I do because they're wasted votes.The Tonnikas have been on my want list publicly since I started with the site 11 years ago. That said, if they never did them, for me it wouldn't be something I "needed" and felt a loss of, to me they're background characters that aren't essential to my collection. I have a number of figures that are stuff I'd like but aren't on my "need to be done" list, I guess. They've done enough prequel gals that at least you shouldn't have too hard a time customizing them.

5. Toryn Farr - another finalist on the recent Fan's choice poll. One that I expect to come out in the next year or so.Toryn Farr is another figure that used to be on my Year in Review want list, though she's fallen off in recent years. There's another figure that is in the aforementioned "would like, but not need" boat I just mentioned.

7. Probe Droid - like the dianoga, this is one deluxe type figure that could really use an overhaul. Super articulation, better proportions and correct deco are what I'm looking for here.I thought about putting that on my list too. I'd absolutely buy one if they made it, probably 2. I think the reason it didn't make my list is that if they never made it, I'd still be satisfied with the POTF2 version.

8. EG-9 - a really obscure little yellow Neimoidian maintenance droid. Would work best either in a battle pack or a two pack with a PK worker droid. Saw his picture first in the EP 1 visual dictionary but never knew his name until recently.That one and PK-4 were cut from the final script, I don't think it appears in anything else than the visual dictionary.

JediTricks
03-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Here's my TPM list:

Obi-Wan Kenobi - I know we just got one, but I'd prefer one that looks like the character instead.
I almost want to include Tey How - what is wrong with your faaaaaace??? ;) This one used to be on my lists all the time, but as time went by, my desire for it waned, now I don't really care if they do it or not.
Naboo Pilot in trenchcoat - you know, from the movie? Ric Olie wouldn't be my first choice only because we already got him.
Battle Droid that can be posed like in the damned film and fold up properly - speaks for itself. Should be possible, but will require fudging thicknesses on limbs, which I wouldn't mind.
Destroyer Droid that can fold up - it's not that difficult, c'mon.

That's it. I don't care if we get remakes of Padme or Ani or Panaka or Tarpals or Jar Jar or 3PO, I might buy them if they are done really well but I just as likely might not.

AOTC list:

Obi-Wan Kenobi - same exact situation as the TPM figure, except add costume as well since the new fig misses the mark in face and costume.
Anakin - yeah, here's a crazy idea, how about making an Anakin figure that looks like Anakin? And put it on a body that doesn't suck, that'd be good too.
Jango in blue - I think they said they're doing it, but I'm not entirely sure and don't feel like looking it up. It better be done right. Oh, and the backpacks, both of them, should stay on better. And maybe a non-removable helmet to swap instead of a press-on helmet, the Fett helmets don't look right pressed on due to the nose of the figure.
I kinda want to include the Super Battle Droid just because the last one is mediocre, but they've missed the mark with these so much that I already have a bunch of them and they're not THAT important in the saga, so I'm on the fence.
Phase 1 Clone Trooper - weird, right? The original is kinda bulky compared to the film, even the ROTS phase 2 versions are sleeker, as well as sharper. And I don't even like these sad-puppy clones, but they should be better. Oh, and a blaster rifle that looks like the movie, not super fat or toothpick skinny.
Padme post-Nexu beatdown - most of her action scenes in the movie are in this costume after it gets torn up, yet the figures we have for it are mediocre. The pre-torn version from the Evo line is really good, so they should go there.
Cliegg Lars - I don't really need this figure, but it has some potential speaking to a more interesting scenario.
3PO - I wanted this back a few years ago, they totally blew it with both Ep 2 C-3PO figs, but it's been too long for me to find the heart to care. I don't know why this is on my list anymore.

Again, not much I want or need from this prequel. These movies have a lot of talking scenes that don't really do much to advance the story or action in a meaningful way, and aren't visually suggestive enough of action and adventure to compel me to imagine more excitement from them.

JediTricks
03-07-2010, 06:13 PM
ROTS list:

Better Wookiees - we don't have enough variety in what we have, and one of them doesn't look like a wookiee so much as a bigfoot in atlantian armor.
Anakin with robe that actually looks like the guy - um, that says it all, I guess.
Grievous in cape - accurate cape, and accurate Grievous that has more solid body. The last Grievous looks good, but isn't fun to play with or pose because it's fragile and rubbery.
Darth Sidious that looks like the guy - the existing figs don't look like him or are no fun to pose, or both. It's nowhere near as important as the ROTJ one though.

Holy crap, that is it. They did everything else pretty much in modern quality, I guess.

EU list:

Guri
Dash Rendar -the original figure was worthless crap from hair to boots and even weapons. Dash deserved better. Plus, Dash was the star of one of the best Star Wars games of all time.
Leebo
Noghri - probably Rukh.
Darktrooper from SW Battlefront series - it's a totally different design, and a hateful class to play because it's so cheap. But it's also cool looking, and sports an arc-caster (which annoyingly just looks like a regular E-11 blaster).
Jerec - from Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight.
Jan Ors
Ackmena
Chewie as Snoova - the modern Chewie figure philosophy would make a more imposing Snoova, taller and with armor and weapons.
Rebel Marksman - from SW Battlefront
Rebel Smuggler - the engineer from BF2.

Snowtrooper
03-08-2010, 03:58 PM
My ESB list:

1. Bespin Han -This one is way overdue for a resculpt. POTJ version was great for its day, but its seriously outdated now.
2. Captain Piett -This one is also long overdue. He was one of the most important imperial officers in the OT and I'm surprised they haven't made a new version yet.
3. Toryn Farr -I think this one could be made easily using the new Hoth Leia figure. Just slap on a new head and a little different paint job and VOILA!!
4. Carbonite Block -POTF2 version was nice, but it needs a upgrade. It would be nice if it would have a removeable front which has the just frozen appearance and an inner part with an empty cavity for the post thawed appearance. Ideally, Han should be able to fit inside of it with the front closed.
5. Snowtrooper Officer -This is another that should be easy to do. Basically take the vintage version and add a new head and legs.

JediTricks
03-08-2010, 04:09 PM
The legs, lower torso, and lower arms are the only things that don't change on a Snowtrooper Officer figure. The helmet, upper arms, and upper torso all would need to be different.

I like your idea for a carbonite block. I don't know if Hasbro could pull it off convincingly, but it'd be much more exciting to try. The block is so thin though (hence Han is sticking out the front) and the seams required would be ugly that I don't see Hasbro making it work.

Jabbapalacespy
03-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Most of my want list is from ROTJ. For ANH I would like any unmade aliens and droids. From ESB all I want is a new 2-1B. My core list would be:

Wooof (which we are supposed to be getting this fall) :thumbsup:
Oola (said to possibly be in the works for this fall. I hope it's like the new slave Leia)
EV-9D9
8D8 (they already have the arms and legs from the BG-J38 B.A.D. All they need is a new torso and head!) :yes:
Tessek (with better arm articulation if nothing else.)
Gamorean Guard
Weequay (both from the prisoner skiff would be nice.)
Cane Adiss
Loje Nella (perhaps as a pack in with another figure.)
Attark (again maybe as a pack in with another figure.)
Jess
Barada
Laudica
Yuzzum (original)
Fozec
Geezum
sail barge Klaatu/Yotts Oren
Vedain

Some of these are a long shot but you never know. Who ever thought we would get Yarna or Leesub Sirlin? It would also be nice to see remakes of Saelt-Marae, Ree-Yees, and Ishi Tib, and even Bib Fortuna but these are secondary to my core list.

Cane_Adiss
03-09-2010, 10:07 AM
I like what they did with the comic pack version. It had some sort of wire in the bottom edge of the cape that allowed you to bend the cape to a position it could hold.

The cape still looks nothing like it did in the movie. It doesn't drape over the shoulders, it's not long enough, it's the wrong color, the seams/threads are too thick and visible. Plus it's not removeable. Definitely needs a redo.

Dice Ibegon
03-09-2010, 10:47 AM
TPM
Ann & Tan Gella
Tey How
Jira
Eirtae
Maoi Madakar

AOTC
Barris Offee
Queen Jamillia
Corde
Dorme
Nyrat Agira
Jocasta Nu

ROTS
Queen Apailana
BD 3000 Luxury Droid
Eeusu Estornii

ANH
Death Star Droid (I want a silver vac metalized version like the vintage one)
Tzizvvt
Reegesk
Tonnika Sisters
Swilla Corey
Dr Evazan
Mosep Bineed
Solomahal
Arleil Schous
Melas
Revwien

ESB
Lando Calrissian
Torynn Farr

ROTJ
Laudica
Jess
Wooof
Sim Aloo
Wicket
Cane Adiss
Loje Nella

EU
Ackmena
Guri

Droid
03-09-2010, 10:50 AM
1. Kitster
2. Wald
3. Cliegg Lars
4. Resculpt of the Emperor announcing the formation of the Empire
5. Tonnika 1
6. Tonnika 2
7. Bom Vimdin
8. Ranat
9. Sim Aloo
10. Lumat
11. Palace Klaatu (it comes off the list when I own it)
12. Sgt. Doallyn
13. Shasa Tiel, palace Ishi Tib
14. Taym Dren-Garen, shot Luke

Cane_Adiss
03-09-2010, 12:46 PM
I just want to let everyone know that Dice_ Ibegon and I are not the same guy! It looks like we have exactly the same taste in figures lol.

Snowtrooper
03-09-2010, 02:18 PM
I like your idea for a carbonite block. I don't know if Hasbro could pull it off convincingly, but it'd be much more exciting to try. The block is so thin though (hence Han is sticking out the front) and the seams required would be ugly that I don't see Hasbro making it work.

Yeah, the thickness would be the real issue. If its too thick, it'll ruin the movie accuracy, which most would want over anything else. It'd be really cool if they could find a way to make it work, though.

Darth Metalmute
03-09-2010, 03:54 PM
I don't know where to start on a list of core figure that "need to be done." I do know that I have been very displeased with any stormtrooper sculpt since before the Comm-Chip one. The helmets are not up to quality, the figures look anorexic and weak, and they are a total embarrassment when compared to the Clone troopers. The EII and EII clones have been produced with great mold after great mold. The stormtroopers mold is pale in comparison. Part of the reason I feel this way is the fact that I loved the Family Guy versions (POTF2) of the figure. I know they are a ridiculous scale, but IMO they are of higher quality than the current molds. Stormtroopers of a higher quality would be on the top of my list.

And a new scout trooper as well.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-09-2010, 06:39 PM
The cape still looks nothing like it did in the movie. It doesn't drape over the shoulders, it's not long enough, it's the wrong color, the seams/threads are too thick and visible. Plus it's not removeable. Definitely needs a redo.What I was trying to say was that they could use that same idea to help accomplish whatever it is you were wanting. The wire could help it hold the shape you want.

Darth Metalmute
03-10-2010, 07:29 AM
And a new scout trooper as well.

I'm going to change my answer from Scout Trooper to Speeder Bike. I just picked up the TRU exclusive Speeder Bike last night and feel that I don't think they are going to do a better Scout Trooper. But the Scout Trooper won't even sit on the speeder bike and can't grip the handlebars. It's a shame that in 2010, we get a popular vehicle from a 1985 mold.

Snowtrooper
03-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Here's my ROTJ list:

1. Emperor Palpatine -I liked the recent versions new facial sculpt, but the soft goods really need some work. I almost wish they'd go back to a plastic ones.
2. AT-ST Driver -Sounds like this is on the way and if they use the scanning trooper as a base, than it ought to be pretty good.
3. Sim Aloo?? -The other unmade dignitary.
4. Sgt. Doallyn
5. Luke -Jabba's Palace -Last version was not very good. Definitely need to start from scratch.
6. Admiral Ackbar
7. Barada
8. Nien Nunb
9. Gamorrean Guard -POTF2 version was nice for a long time, but its due for a resculpt.

JediTricks
03-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Why, whatever do you mean? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Kenny_Paploo.jpg
:p
Ok, quite so, the Wookieepedia listing says 0.96m. I guess a metal dome is the same as furry ears. Wicket is listed as 0.8m. Logray and Chief Chirpa as 1m. I can't find any of my new Ewok figures though to measure them, I haven't looked that hard but I never put them up because they didn't look right with my old ones.
My Paploo figure is now in front of me, I found him while digging through a bag of figures I hadn't yet put up. The figure measures exactly 2.25" tall, which would scale up to 40.5". Metric, that's 1.03m, which is 7cm taller than it should be at full scale, or 2.75" too tall. Scaled down, 7cm at 1:18th is 4mm, which IMO is within an acceptable margin of error (the stated measurement is not clear if the hood or ears are counted, I measured hood-on which is another 1mm of height to discount). So R2 is too big, but the Ewoks are around the right size now.

Old Fossil
03-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Greedo. Really! I'd like to see 'em make Greedo as he appears on the Kenner vintage Star Wars figure vinyl carry case.

DarkArtist
03-11-2010, 09:54 AM
working on my list now..hoping to have it up by tonight...

Old Fossil
03-11-2010, 10:11 AM
My actual list is pretty small, and all OT:

1. The Emperor (new ROTJ sculpt)
2. Admiral Ackbar (new sculpt, SA)
3. Gamorrean Guard (new sculpt, SA)
4. Sim Aloo (Imperial Dignitary)
5. Bespin Guard (white, w/moustache) (use Sgt. Edian body)
6. Tonnika Sisters (Make 'em, Hasbro! Stop pu$$yfooting around!)
7. Dr. Evazan (new sculpt)
8. Pello Scrambas (Rebel Fleet Trooper)(completely new sculpt)
9. Nik Sant (Rebel Commando, Endor gear)
10. Bannis Keeg (Duro, Cantina patron)

They could make those 10 and I would never ever EVER ask for another new figure again. Probably.:D

Snowtrooper
03-12-2010, 05:41 PM
My PT list:

1. Palpatine-Senate Duel
2. Palpatine-Empire Declaration
3. R2-X2
4. Naboo Pilot
5. ROTS Nute Gunray
6. Magnaguard-both grey & white versions.
7. Padme ROTS-deleted scene
8. Corde
9. Zam Wessel
10. Battle Droid-Not made of flimsy plastic and able to fold up like on screen.
11. SBD-The legs were the real problem last time, but they just as well redo the whole thing.
12. C3P0 AOTC -I'd be happy with a repaint of the U3P0 droid. I don't need for it to have removeable covers.
13. Clieg Lars -Has to come with his hover chair.

DarkArtist
03-13-2010, 12:53 PM
Ok. here's goes my list for figures in movie order:

The Phantom Menace:

Anakin Skywalker- I feel Hasbro has yet to hit the ball out of the park on this one. we still need an SA version of the hero with perhaps multiple accessories ie podracing helmet, naboo helmet, viewscreen, necklace for Padme, backpack, maybe some droid parts and perhaps a Pit Droid as well.

Battle Droid SA - again need the definative version of this droid. definately needs to fold up like on the screen and be made of sturdy plastic so as to not warp and fall over. include blaster rifle and backpack as well as a small holographic figure of Nute Gunray.

Padme Namberie - i think this is a figure that is way overdo for a remake. the first one was okay at the time but Hasbro has proven that they can give us great figures with SA articulation time and time again.

Captain Panaka - would love to see Panaka redone similiar to Captian Typho SA with removable helmet and of course multiple weapons...ascension gun, battle droid rifle, and queen's blaster pistol. also would love a communicator as well.

Nute Gunray with Mechno Chair - i think this speaks for itself

Padme Amidala Theed Attack - would love an SA version that comes with several weapons including Battle droid blaster, ascension gun, and blaster pistol

Jar Jar Binks - this is one figure that needs SA treatment and should come with an SA Pit Droid that can be folded up like in the movie.

Captain Tarpals - I think with the recent Gungan warrior released last year Tarpals is also long overdo for an SA figure.

Attack of the Clones:

Padme Amidala Geonosis Arena - i think this figure needs an SA treatment and sport her look after she is attacked by the Nexu. accessories should be a Geonosis column, chain, and of course a battle droid blaster.

Padme Amidala Outland Peasant - would love to see a deluxe version of the figure that comes with 1/2 of the table and chairs set (other half to come with Anakin).

Padme Amidala Lake Side Retreat - love the outfit and think it would make a great addition to the line.

Padme Amidala Picnic Outfit - again love the various outfits that Padme wears in AOTC and would love to see a figure made of it.

Zam Wessel - the first two figures were good but still missed the mark. i think an SA figure of Zam with both a blaster pistol, blaster rifle, removable limb, changling mask, and perhaps the assassin droid and a vile of the poisonous creatures that Fett gives her.

Rickshaw Droid - would love to see this in a battle pack with perhaps Padme and Anakin, both SA versions... Watto and a molded plastic 3-D backdrop of his shop, and the Pit Droid parts that Anakin fixes.

Cliegg Lars - this is the only Lars figure we need to be made from AOTC.. must include the hover chair

Outland Peasant Anakin Skywalker - same accessories that Padme comes with but also include his lightsaber, a hilt, and i would even love it if Hasbro too another crack at the trunk from the first figure.

Dexster Jettster - perhaps one of my favorite characters from AOTC i think we need a whole new figure of Dex, larger, bigger and move accessories... would love them to include everything from the first figure but also include a cup of Jawa Juice and of couse SA

Boba Fett - need another version of young Fett in an SA style so one can re-enact that scene of Boba holding his father's helmet.

Revenge of the Sith:

Anakin Skywalker / Darth Vader - even though we have multiples of this figure I would still love to see a more accurate SA version of this character with removable limbs and perhaps the Sith eyes, as well as an cloth robe and both and ignited saber and a hilt.

Darth Sidious - Senate Duel with Yoda - nuff said. SA with the proper robes.

Emperor Palpatine - Senate Speech - again another Palpatine that needs to be made.

Chancellor Palpatine - Senate Arrest - again anothe Palpatine that seriously needs a SA upgrade.

SA Yoda - as many of us have asked and love the scene we need a SA Yoda that can climb atop a 501st Clone Trooper and remove the lightsaber from his chest. maybe pack in the slain 501st trooper as well.

Padme Amidala "I'm Pregnant" - another Padme that needs to be made - nuff said.

A New Hope:

Luke Skywalker - our hero needs a redo bigtime. SA include accessories like, lightsaber, hilt, stormtrooper blaster, stormtrooper belt, floppy hat, macrobinoculers, poncho, T-16 model, blaster rifle, training remote.

Han Solo - again needs a redo bigtime... no more anorexic Han give him some decent legs, SA and accessories should include blaster pistol, stormtrooper blaster, stormtrooper belt, Yavin medal and maybe some crates of precious medals

Princess Leia Senate - need a definative version of the princess, include both sporting blaster as well as stormtrooper blaster, and of course needs a hood that can be posed both up and down.

Princess Leia Rebel Ceremony - similiar to the old POTF Leia collection but needs to come with 3 medals (hey Chewie deserves one too)

Grand Moff Tarkin - SA with blaster pistol.

Wuher - still need a decent Wuher, should include the drink dispenser for the Cantina Bar as well as a few drinks.

Uncle Owen - needs a major upgrade. (perhaps include a clone foot locker that has the burnt remains of Uncle Owen for those of us who want them)

Aunt Beru - again needs a major upgrade. (perhaps include a clone foot locker that has the burnt remains of Aunt Beru for those of us who want them), as well as a Blue Milk container and cups.

Cantina Band Box Set - would love to see this finally get made in an SA treatment with all of the instruments including a stool for the one member. also would be neat to include a display base that lite up and played both versions of the song.

The Empire Strikes Back:

Hoth Luke Skywalker - needs to be SA (for riding a Tauntaun) come with lightsaber hilt, ignited lightsaber, blaster pistol and a 3 part helmet where the goggles are movable as well as the face cloth and be removable.

Luke Skywalker Dagobah - needs to be SA with removable weapons belt and jacket and come with both a hilt and ignited lightsaber and blaster pistol, maybe a snake or too as well

Lando Calrissian - need a new version of Lando, comes with a blaster pistol and stormtrooper rifle, plus a new cloak that can be molded.

Han Bespin - similiar design to the above mentioned Han Solo but with Bespin gear. comes with blaster and breather mask and again SA

Han Solo Carbonite - i think we need a version of Han where the block looks realistic as does the figure. seem to be missing the mark on this figure

Torynn Farr - perhaps one of the most requested Rebels to be made - needs console similiar to General Riekan.

Princess Leia Hoth - SA Leia in Hoth Gear with a blaster

Princess Leia Bespin Dress - last version was a statue needs more articulation

Princess Leia Bespin Escape - SA with Stormtrooper rifle.

Tauntaun - yes it's a beast and not a figure but we need a definative version of this beast so we can re-enact the scene where Han saves Luke - need guts for the tauntaun.

Return of the Jedi:

Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight - definative version of Jedi Luke with cloth vest, cloth robe, lightsaber hilt (correct version) ignited lightsaber (correct version), blaster pistol, rancor bone, interchangable hands, regular, blaster scarred, gloved.

Princess Leia Sandstorm - since we got Luke, Han and Chewie might as well get Leia - can use the current Leia Slave just with new accessories.

Princess Leia Ewok Village - always liked this outfit so would love to see an update on it.

Moff Jerjerrod -needs to be SA and have a more accurate movie likeness.

Imperial Dignitary Sim Aloo - one of the the last dignitaries to be made.

Emperor Palpatine - should be SA and come with cane, force lightning, and of course his throne with Luke's lightsaber hilt.

General Lando Calrissian - SA with blaster pistol and removable cape

Lando Calrissian Jabba's Guard / Sandstorm - can double for both figures SA with force pike and blaster pistol.

Lando Calrissian Smugglers Outfit - this is the outfit at the end of ROTJ for the ewok celebration - needs to be SA and come with blaster

Cane Adiss - just an awesome looking character that would be a great addition to the Star Wars line.

Wicket - still need a new version of Wickett. needs to be smaller than most of the Ewoks.

Mara Jade / Arica - this is Mara in her dancing girl outfit when she infiltrates Jabba's palace in order to kill Luke Skywalker. should be SA and come with a blaster

Gamorrean Guard - these guys need an overhaul - should be larger, and SA with accessories like a Force-Axe, Blaster, and Force-Pike.

Admiral Ackbar - would love to see this figure come SA with his command chair and command staff

Vintage Yak Face - just want to see Hasbro give us an updated version of the classic Kenner Yak Face.

Spirit of Obi Wan Kenobi - similiar to the TAC spirit of Anakin

Spirit of Yoda - similiar to TAC spirit of Anakin

Spirit of Anakin - this should be the Sebastian Shaw version and again similiar to TAC spirit of Anakin.

Boba Fett Sarlacc Battle Damage - messed up Fett with perhaps a damaged helmet and ripped outfit.

Expanded Universe: all figures are SA

Shadows of the Empire:

Luke Skywalker - how he appears on the cover with the yellow vest, lightsaber, hilt, and blaster

Leebo - Dash's co-pilot / droid

Dash Rendar

Guri - from the Evolutions comic

Dark Forces:

Kyle Katarn - should come with multiple weapons including Rahn's lightsaber
Jan Ors
Jerec
Yun the Dark Youth
Maw
Gorc and Pic
Sariss
Boc the Crude
Mara Jade (mysterys of the Sith)
Rahn
Phase II Dark Trooper

New Jedi Order:

Han Solo
Leia Organa Solo
Anakin Solo
Grand Master Luke Skywalker
Mara Jade Skywalker
Master Corran Horn
Master Kyle Katarn
Darth Cadeus

Force Unleashed:

Starkiller Hoth
Starkiller Tatoonie
Princess Leia
Maris Brood - all new sculpt
General Rahm Kota - Battle Damaged version
Admiral Ozzie Strek - should be included with his custom AT-ST

Dark Empire:

Luke Skywalker - still not 100% there yet.
Emperor Palpatine - again not 100% but close
Princess Leia
Vima Daboda
Salla Zend
Shug Ninx
Mako
Empatojayos Brand
Executor Sedriss
Kam Solusar
Shadow Droid
Viper X-1 War Droid
XD-9 War Droid
XD-10 War Droid

Crimsion Empire:

Nom Anor
Xandel Carivus' Private Guards
Massimo
Sish Sadeet
Colonel Shev
Mirith Sinn
General Wessel

Star Wars Infinities:

Imperial Officer Leia Organa - with Kenobi's lightsaber

Rogue Squadron / Wraith Squadron

Wedge Antilles - civilian outfit
Tycho Celchu - civilian outfit
Loka Hask
Moff Leonia Tavira
Winter
Ysanne Isard
Vort "Piggy' Sabring - Gamorrean X-Wing Pilot (Wraith Squadron)

JediTricks
03-15-2010, 06:09 PM
Ok. here's goes my list for figures in movie order:That's quite a list! Good work.

The Phantom Menace:

Anakin Skywalker- I feel Hasbro has yet to hit the ball out of the park on this one. we still need an SA version of the hero with perhaps multiple accessories ie podracing helmet, naboo helmet, viewscreen, necklace for Padme, backpack, maybe some droid parts and perhaps a Pit Droid as well.I feel the same way except that I don't want another Anakin figure, I probably wouldn't pay money for one, so it didn't make my list.

Padme Namberie - i think this is a figure that is way overdo for a remake. the first one was okay at the time but Hasbro has proven that they can give us great figures with SA articulation time and time again.Same thing, I feel they could do better, but I don't think I'd actually buy it if they did.

Captain Panaka - would love to see Panaka redone similiar to Captian Typho SA with removable helmet and of course multiple weapons...ascension gun, battle droid rifle, and queen's blaster pistol. also would love a communicator as well. Same here too.

Nute Gunray with Mechno Chair - i think this speaks for itselfI used to want this, but since the Hologram came out with the walking part of the chair, I'm content.

Padme Amidala Theed Attack - would love an SA version that comes with several weapons including Battle droid blaster, ascension gun, and blaster pistolSadly, another good idea and necessity I just wouldn't buy.

Jar Jar Binks - this is one figure that needs SA treatment and should come with an SA Pit Droid that can be folded up like in the movie.And ditto again. The pit droid design however can't be folded up like the movie, they cheated the design in the way it folds up, it would need joints so thin they'd be paper.

Captain Tarpals - I think with the recent Gungan warrior released last year Tarpals is also long overdo for an SA figure.I thought about putting this on my list, but ultimately looked at the one we have and was moderately content with it. I did want a Tarpals that could ride a Kaadu back in the day though.

Dexster Jettster - perhaps one of my favorite characters from AOTC i think we need a whole new figure of Dex, larger, bigger and move accessories... would love them to include everything from the first figure but also include a cup of Jawa Juice and of couse SAI came close to putting this on my list, and ultimately didn't because he's got limited screen time and actions. I quite liked the character though.

Princess Leia Sandstorm - since we got Luke, Han and Chewie might as well get Leia - can use the current Leia Slave just with new accessories.Yes, I forgot about this! We need to complete that scene, they can't just start and then stop. Leia and Lando really.

Princess Leia Ewok Village - always liked this outfit so would love to see an update on it.I thought about putting it on my list, but it's such in only inactive scenes and we have 2 unique sculpts already, so I couldn't see myself justifying it as a "need" in my book. Came close though.

Lando Calrissian Jabba's Guard / Sandstorm - can double for both figures SA with force pike and blaster pistol. Totally! I need to add this to my list.

Lando Calrissian Smugglers Outfit - this is the outfit at the end of ROTJ for the ewok celebration - needs to be SA and come with blasterThat doesn't sound right, Lando's outfit at the end of the celebration is an altered version of his General's outfit, I thought.

Boba Fett Sarlacc Battle Damage - messed up Fett with perhaps a damaged helmet and ripped outfit. Heh, that'd be kinda cool. Like the TFU Vader figure. I don't care if it's canon or not.

TheDarthVader
03-15-2010, 07:47 PM
JT, tarkin? They had a decent Tarkin in the briefing room previews exclusive box set....didn't they?

My list:

rotj any updated or new jabba's palace figures
esb lando
rotj emperor
rotj sim aloo
rotj spirit of the three jedi (sebastian shaw, not hayden)
rotj any new or updated ewoks
rotj biker scout accuarte
rotj any more imperial officers appearing in rotj
any new or updated rebel pilots
any new or updated droids
rotj admiral ackbar

DarkArtist
03-15-2010, 08:11 PM
JT, tarkin? They had a decent Tarkin in the briefing room previews exclusive box set....didn't they?

The Tarkin from the rebel briefing room was a repainted ROTS Tarkin. while a decent figure still not the same as having a Peter Crushing likeness...the original POTF version was great at the time but is now outdated sadly. would love to see a new version of Tarkin brought up to today's standings

JediTricks
03-15-2010, 09:15 PM
JT, tarkin? They had a decent Tarkin in the briefing room previews exclusive box set....didn't they?It had Tarkin, but they used the Episode III Tarkin figure which is a weird prosthetic put onto actor Wayne Pygram (Farscape's Scorpius). The sculpt is all wrong aside from the cheeks. The eyes are especially different.

Devo
03-16-2010, 01:10 AM
Yeah I think the ewok celebration Lando is just his Generals outfit with the top open. Not sure we really need that but if made I'd probably buy it anyway.

DarkArtist
03-16-2010, 07:27 AM
Yeah I think the ewok celebration Lando is just his Generals outfit with the top open. Not sure we really need that but if made I'd probably buy it anyway.

that's what i thought at first too but it looks like he is also wearing a ves tof some kind in the end so i figured maybe it's an all new outfit and not the general's uniform... if i'm wrong then this is a figure that doesn't need to be made (especially if Hasbro makes the General Lando figure and includes the vest :thumbsup::D)

Darth Metalmute
03-16-2010, 09:18 AM
I think I finally have my list compiled. I'm just listing "core" characters.

TPM
AOTC
ROTS

I am skipping these movies because unless I see an excellent version of a main character, I am done with the prequel main characters.

Figures that are the same for all three PT movies

SA Battle Droid I want one that can do the things they do in the movies. It might be impossible but thats what I want.

SA Super Battle Droid I want one that can hold his arm cannon folded upright, and can be rotated. Like when they are first introduced in AOTC on Mace in the arena box.

ANH
The end all be all Tatooine Luke. I want a figure that will work for all situations. One that Hasbro can re-release in the legends line and say, "We have no need to re-do this."

The end all be all ANH Leia. Same as above.

The end all be all Han Solo. Same as above.

Obi-Wan vs. Darth Vader I would like these figures that look good in duel form, but also in every day activities.

ESB

The end all be all Dagobah Luke Same as above.

Bespin Leia I think its sad that the best version we have of this figure came in the Princess collection so many years ago.

The end all be all Bespin Han Solo. Same as above.

Yoda It's been a while since this figure has been done.

ROTJ

Endor Leia, Ewok gown Leia, Endor Han with removeable coat. I'm not going to go into detail on these.

Ultimate Jabba's Palace Han with carbonite. Most people hit this one on the head, but I could see it with a different material.

The end all be all Emperor. Same as above.

Luke vs. Darth Vader I would like these figures that look good in duel form, but also in every day activities.

Boba Fett I like DarkArtist's idea.

Figures that are the same for all three OT movies

The end all be all Chewbacca. I would love one with actually fur, But I know that will just get screwed up.

Ultimate R2-D2. I want an R2 with compartments that open with tools that doesn't look cheep, a crome dome, decent dome devices, and a retractable leg. I call it ultimate because I believe they will have to switch materials to make the one I want. I would pay top dollar for it too.

Ultimate C-3PO. Different materials to make the final product look correct. Has to be able to be taken apart. Possibly with light up eyes.

Stormtrooper I want a stormtrooper that if you walked into a room with a bunch of them, you would actually run the other way. As I said earlier, the latest releases just don't cut it.

I will refrain from listing EU figures here, but I have a big list of ones I would like to see.

Sinscia Fat'o
03-17-2010, 08:07 AM
I decided to have fun with this since im in the twlight of collecting star wars figures, i decided to make 4 waves that would be the end all be all of star wars figures collecting awesome figures and awesome characters from all six movies and EU sources. So heres my top 20 redos, and requested figures.

Wave One

Farm Boy Luke Skywalker, Soft Goods tunic, SA, and with Model T-16, Lightsaber with removeable Blade, Metal Hilt, Storm Trooper Belt, Grapple Hook, Blaster, Storm Trooper Blaster, Droid Caller, Glass of Blue Milk, Hunting Rifle, microbinoculars, alternate heads: Messed up hair from Sunset, and a passed out face from Attack of Tusken Raiders.

Han Solo (ANH), Soft goods vest, SA, Blaster, with holster, Stack of credits, glass of some sort of drink, Medal from Battle of Yavin, Credit crates from Leia, snap on Storm Trooper Armor, tool kit, Alternate heads: Panic from Death Star rescue. (Varient Chase figure: Han with gray hair alternate head, from Legacy book series.)

Chewie:SA, Remveable Bandolier, storm trooper blaster, bowcaster, Dejark board, Breath Mask, Tool Kit, C-3po cargo net, bandoliers, Alternate heads: Growling, and smiling.

R2-D2: id like r2 with all of his gadgets, from all six movies to be packaged with a great R2. And make these gadgets actually snap into his body some sorts. Buzz Saws, weilder, oil launcher, ETC. Holographic Leia is a must.

Grand Moff Tarkin: SA Sculpt, Bandoliers, Blaster with holster, Hologram piece of alderann, Hologram piece of death star and a hologram piece of Yavin 4, these hologram pieces will look like the ones that came with the droid from the death star in the power of the jedi line. Alternate head pieces: ROTS younger face.

Walrus Man: SA, Soft Goods jacket, Blaster, Holster, drink, Removeable arm. Robotic arm from his good friend Dr Evazden.

Wedge Antillies: SA, Blaster, Holster, Removeable Helmet, credit case. (Varient: Wedges head sculpt with Han's body and accesories, but with a repainted vest, and slacks.)

Princess Leia Collection: basic SA body, White New Hope Dress, Sporting blaster, Storm Trooper blaster, Holographic Deathstar lay outs, Alternate head: ceromonial hair style. Red Bespin dress, Ewok Celebration dress. Alternate heads: ESB Bespin hair style, ROTJ Ewok celebration hair style. (Varient Chase Figure: Princess Leia with gray hair from LEgacy book series.)

Lando Calresean (Bespin): SA, Soft Goods Cloak, Sporting blaster, Storm Trooper blaster, Alternate heads: Smiling, and mourning betrayal of han face. (Varient: Lando's head sculpts with hans body and accesories.) Alternate head chase figure: Lando with gray hair from Legacy book series.)

Darth Revan: SA, Removeable Face mask, Soft Goods cloak, Mandalore Mask Plate, sith armor face plate, Lightsaber, Metal Lightsaber Hilt, Blaster, Holster, Alternate heads: Female and male heads. (With the armor being bulky you wont be able to tell if Revan's male or female.)

Wave 2

Lando Calresean (ROTJ): Sa, soft goods cloak, Blaster, holster, commlink, A set of Caucassion hands, alternate heads: Lando Celebrating, Wedge Antillies.

Obi Wan Kenobi (Prequels): SA, Soft Goods cloak, tunic, and waste tunic, Lightsaber, Metal hilt, Alternate heads: TPM, AOTC, Masked face from comic packs, ROTS. Blaster pistol, breath mask, breather, Magna Guard force pike, qui gon jinn's lightsaber, drink.

Yoda: SA, soft goods robes, Cane, Lightsaber, metal hilt, Jedi council chair, Hoilographic Qui Gon Jinn, Mace Windu, Obi WanKenobi, Commander Gree, Plo Kloon, and Count Doku. Alternate heads: Smug face, TPM face, Old face, and dying face. (Varient chase figures: Sprit of Yoda.)

Storm Trooper: Sa, blaster, Holster. Alternate heads: Jango Fett face, Generic Human face, Lando, Han, luke, and alternate bearded generic face. Shoulder paldrons, commlink, droid parts, Sand Trooper blaster. Varinents: Force Unleashed storm Trooper varients.)

C-3p0: Parts showing body, snap on golden chrome armor, and snap on generic painted gold body. pull apart limbs, commlink. alternate heads: Pulled out eye, and darkened eyes. Varients: C-3px, and silver protocol droid from bespin, and TC-14 from TPM.

Guri: SA, Soft goods red dress, (Purple smugler body from Evolutions. Battle damaged limbs, and alternate head. Blaster and holster.

Luke Skywalker (Hoth): Soft goods scarth, Sa body, Removeable head gear, Goggles, lightsaber, metal lightsaber hilt, blaster, wrist commlink, alternate heads: battle damaged. should come with a Taun Taun as well. (Varient: Wampa)

Darth Maul: Sa body, Removeable cloth tunic, tattoed body, double bladed lightsaber, breaks apart to form two lightsabers, split apart body, soft goods sith apprentice uniform.

Bobba Fett: Sa Body, Jet pack, Blaster, strap for blaster, Removeable armor pieces, Alternate heads: Jango Fett without head gear, Young Bobba, Judo Kast, and scarred jango face. (Varients: Jango Fett and Judo Kast repainted armor pieces.)

Nomi SunRider: Sa body, soft goods cloak, Soft goods green dress, lightsaber, metal lightsaber hilt, Blaster, holster, alternate heads: Screaming face, Older face.

bigbarada
03-18-2010, 10:01 AM
Well, the recent tone of Hasbro's answers in yesterday's Q&A have got me thinking that we could very well be seeing the end of the non-CW Star Wars line. If the 2010 lineup fails to draw collectors back, in the numbers that Hasbro wants, then we could be looking at the early 2011 lineup becoming exclusives and the end of the line immediately after that.

At least those were my initial impressions after reading between the lines of Hasbro's answers yesterday. And what was the first thought to came to my mind when it finally sunk in that this line is in real danger of being cancelled? "If this line dies before we get a new Gamorrean Guard or Admiral Ackbar, that's going to be a real shame."

So, with that in mind, here is my revised core list (of all Star Wars sources combined):

1. Gamorrean Guard - I might slip into a minor depression if the line dies before we get an SA update of this guy. Okay, maybe not, but it would definitely be enough to get me to give up on modern Star Wars collecting.

2. Admiral Ackbar - similar sentiments for the Gamorrean, but I don't think missing out on an update of this figure would get me to abandon the hobby completely. It would just be incredibly disappointing.

3. Wooof - I know that we saw that production drawing, but a lot of figures have gotten a lot farther along in the development process before having the rug pulled out from under them.

(I know that the Gamorrean and Ackbar have been sort of confirmed by Hasbro, but I won't consider them truly confirmed until we see some prototypes or production drawings.)

4 & 5. Kithaba and Barada fall a few spots on my list, because they just seem a little too "pie in the sky" if things are really as dire as Hasbro is implying. Besides even the most optimistic of Kithaba rumors don't have him coming out until 2012 or later and an update of Barada isn't even on the radar that we know of.

6. Chukha-Trok - he's already been sculpted, so it would be awesome to see him released. However, Ewoks just don't hold the same level of continued interest for me as they did when I was 10. So, honestly, if we never see another Ewok figure in the modern line, it would be a shame, but not a tragedy.

7. Biker Scout - this one is starting to gain more traction with me as I am less and less satisfied with the 2006 version. Unfortunately, too many people are content with the current Scout Trooper and, with Hasbro seemingly reluctant to make a new Speeder Bike, it looks like we'll never see this one remade. Even if the line lasts until 2018, I don't think we would start to see any real campaigns to update the Biker Scout until 2013 or later. Most likely not until 2016 when the current mold reaches it's 10th birthday.

8. Cantina Band Member - for some inexplicable reason, people are still satisfied with the 1997 version. I wasn't even happy with this figure in 1997. So much more could be done with the figures now. Just the addition of ball-joint necks would add so much more life to the band.

9. Rebel Fleet Trooper - after the Gamorrean and Biker Scout, this is the last figure I would even consider "army-building" at this point in my collecting life (unless buying 7 Cantina Band Members counts as army-building).

10. Ponda Baba - again, we know Hasbro is in the planning stages, but that doesn't mean anything. Plans can and do change all the time (as the Legacy EU wave has shown so vividly).

Darth Metalmute
03-18-2010, 02:39 PM
The Scout trooper with the TRU Speeder bike is probably the best I've seen. I'm not sure if it is just a repack or not. I would still like a better one, but without a decent speeder bike, I don't see a point.

Devo
03-19-2010, 12:04 AM
. So heres my top 20 redos, and requested figures.

Dude thats a lot of softgoods in your list. Don't you remember how the VOTC Luke turned out??? What makes you think it would be improved if done now? Even if it was it could just be a fluke - softgoods is one area where Hasbro completely lacks consistency.

JediTricks
03-19-2010, 03:40 PM
that's what i thought at first too but it looks like he is also wearing a ves tof some kind in the end so i figured maybe it's an all new outfit and not the general's uniform... if i'm wrong then this is a figure that doesn't need to be made (especially if Hasbro makes the General Lando figure and includes the vest :thumbsup::D)It's not a vest, it's his tunic that's open. It's the general outfit minus the cape and gun holster, with the tunic unfastened.

Grand Moff Tarkin: SA Sculpt, Bandoliers, Blaster with holster, Hologram piece of alderann, Hologram piece of death star and a hologram piece of Yavin 4, these hologram pieces will look like the ones that came with the droid from the death star in the power of the jedi line. Alternate head pieces: ROTS younger face.What would the bandoliers and holster work? Is your ideal Tarkin the Star Wars version of Rambo?

Well, the recent tone of Hasbro's answers in yesterday's Q&A have got me thinking that we could very well be seeing the end of the non-CW Star Wars line. If the 2010 lineup fails to draw collectors back, in the numbers that Hasbro wants, then we could be looking at the early 2011 lineup becoming exclusives and the end of the line immediately after that.

At least those were my initial impressions after reading between the lines of Hasbro's answers yesterday. And what was the first thought to came to my mind when it finally sunk in that this line is in real danger of being cancelled? "If this line dies before we get a new Gamorrean Guard or Admiral Ackbar, that's going to be a real shame."

So, with that in mind, here is my revised core list (of all Star Wars sources combined):

1. Gamorrean Guard - I might slip into a minor depression if the line dies before we get an SA update of this guy. Okay, maybe not, but it would definitely be enough to get me to give up on modern Star Wars collecting.

2. Admiral Ackbar - similar sentiments for the Gamorrean, but I don't think missing out on an update of this figure would get me to abandon the hobby completely. It would just be incredibly disappointing.

3. Wooof - I know that we saw that production drawing, but a lot of figures have gotten a lot farther along in the development process before having the rug pulled out from under them.

(I know that the Gamorrean and Ackbar have been sort of confirmed by Hasbro, but I won't consider them truly confirmed until we see some prototypes or production drawings.)

4 & 5. Kithaba and Barada fall a few spots on my list, because they just seem a little too "pie in the sky" if things are really as dire as Hasbro is implying. Besides even the most optimistic of Kithaba rumors don't have him coming out until 2012 or later and an update of Barada isn't even on the radar that we know of.

6. Chukha-Trok - he's already been sculpted, so it would be awesome to see him released. However, Ewoks just don't hold the same level of continued interest for me as they did when I was 10. So, honestly, if we never see another Ewok figure in the modern line, it would be a shame, but not a tragedy.

7. Biker Scout - this one is starting to gain more traction with me as I am less and less satisfied with the 2006 version. Unfortunately, too many people are content with the current Scout Trooper and, with Hasbro seemingly reluctant to make a new Speeder Bike, it looks like we'll never see this one remade. Even if the line lasts until 2018, I don't think we would start to see any real campaigns to update the Biker Scout until 2013 or later. Most likely not until 2016 when the current mold reaches it's 10th birthday.

8. Cantina Band Member - for some inexplicable reason, people are still satisfied with the 1997 version. I wasn't even happy with this figure in 1997. So much more could be done with the figures now. Just the addition of ball-joint necks would add so much more life to the band.

9. Rebel Fleet Trooper - after the Gamorrean and Biker Scout, this is the last figure I would even consider "army-building" at this point in my collecting life (unless buying 7 Cantina Band Members counts as army-building).

10. Ponda Baba - again, we know Hasbro is in the planning stages, but that doesn't mean anything. Plans can and do change all the time (as the Legacy EU wave has shown so vividly).I don't think the line is quite as drastic as you are reading into it, but it could be there. I have so many figures that are coming out in the next 18 months that I didn't put on my list that I don't even want to think of the "what if" aspect.

The Scout trooper with the TRU Speeder bike is probably the best I've seen. I'm not sure if it is just a repack or not. I would still like a better one, but without a decent speeder bike, I don't see a point.This is the exact same figure and exact same bike as before. The bike is the modified tooling from 1983 (modified because the painful overuse of that tooling caused the exploding gimmick to completely fail, requiring it be removed), and the figure is the same TSC Vintage-style figure who has the tiny head and doesn't have hips designed to actually ride the bike.

IMO, this is total crap: http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/galleries/2010/Review_DeluxeBikerScout/pages/DeluxeBikerScout01.htm
It should at least look like this:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:74-Z_Military_Speeder_Bike.jpg
and hopefully be as cool as this:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Scouttrooper_speed.jpg

I mean, for god's sake, the latest toy can't even SIT ON THE BIKE! Look at his butt, it's up in the air. His back is straight until it gets mid-torso. And those awful, awful arms.

Darth Metalmute
03-22-2010, 08:25 AM
This is the exact same figure and exact same bike as before. The bike is the modified tooling from 1983 (modified because the painful overuse of that tooling caused the exploding gimmick to completely fail, requiring it be removed), and the figure is the same TSC Vintage-style figure who has the tiny head and doesn't have hips designed to actually ride the bike.

IMO, this is total crap: http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/galleries/2010/Review_DeluxeBikerScout/pages/DeluxeBikerScout01.htm
It should at least look like this:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:74-Z_Military_Speeder_Bike.jpg
and hopefully be as cool as this:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Scouttrooper_speed.jpg

I mean, for god's sake, the latest toy can't even SIT ON THE BIKE! Look at his butt, it's up in the air. His back is straight until it gets mid-torso. And those awful, awful arms.

The last Scout trooper I remember buying was on the POTJ wave years ago. I didn't remember that one having a moveable chest. I remembered the bike being the old mold from the vintage mold.

Hasbro has a lot of work to do on the speeder bike. I don't get why the clones get a new mold, but they are perfectly fine with the '83 version.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-22-2010, 01:02 PM
The last Scout trooper I remember buying was on the POTJ wave years ago. I didn't remember that one having a moveable chest. I remembered the bike being the old mold from the vintage mold.

Hasbro has a lot of work to do on the speeder bike. I don't get why the clones get a new mold, but they are perfectly fine with the '83 version.
The 2006 vintage Biker Scout is far superior to the 2001 POTJ version (even though JT has several nitpicks with it). It's been released every year since then in both Saga Legends and the main line, as well as in various packs.

They sculpted a new speeder bike for the 2002 AOTC deluxe figure, and it's a pretty great piece despite being molded in extremely droopy plastic. They reused much of the tooling for another deluxe set in 2003 but have since lost the mold, unfortunately, and still haven't gotten around to doing another update.

Darth Metalmute
03-22-2010, 02:37 PM
I was pretty sure it was different. I never opened the vintage one. Pretty sad you can lose a mold.

I'm not sure whats worse, the fact that Hasbro put it out, or that I bought it.

If I would have looked at the results before ripping it open, I would have returned it.

Lord Malakite
03-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Jocasta Nu, Ben Quadrinaros, Cliegg Lars & Sim Aloo.

JediTricks
03-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Jocasta Nu, Ben Quadrinaros, Cliegg Lars & Sim Aloo.
For realses or just clowning aroundses?

Lord Malakite
03-25-2010, 07:46 AM
For realses or just clowning aroundses?
For realses. While I can appreciate that most of your guys' need to re-do figures to make them "super-articulated" and/or "more movie accurate" or (from Hasbro's standpoint) simply because they are the "core characters" I'm actually pretty satisfied with what we've got from POTF2-TVC thus far. I don't need 1700 versions of Jedi Luke and Bespin Han, especially since you'll never get that 100% right "super articulated/movie accurate" sculpt of "godly expectations" that will please the demands of everyone. In terms of sculpt I'd have to say the modern SW figures already out, while not perfect, are far better (both in quantity and quality) than what one can ever hope to expect from any other toyline.

At this point and time in the toy line I'm actually more concerned with getting figures we've not seen yet in the modern line especially minor characters that had some prominent screen time, like Jocasta Nu, Ben Quadrinaros and Cliegg Lars. Certainly all have had enough screen time to deserve the chance to be made into figures when the likes of less significant background characters ("Ice Cream Maker Guy") get a figure. And Sim Aloo was part of the vintage line, so he still needs a modern line update.

JediTricks
03-27-2010, 04:44 PM
For realses. While I can appreciate that most of your guys' need to re-do figures to make them "super-articulated" and/or "more movie accurate" or (from Hasbro's standpoint) simply because they are the "core characters" I'm actually pretty satisfied with what we've got from POTF2-TVC thus far. I don't need 1700 versions of Jedi Luke and Bespin Han, especially since you'll never get that 100% right "super articulated/movie accurate" sculpt of "godly expectations" that will please the demands of everyone. In terms of sculpt I'd have to say the modern SW figures already out, while not perfect, are far better (both in quantity and quality) than what one can ever hope to expect from any other toyline.

At this point and time in the toy line I'm actually more concerned with getting figures we've not seen yet in the modern line especially minor characters that had some prominent screen time, like Jocasta Nu, Ben Quadrinaros and Cliegg Lars. Certainly all have had enough screen time to deserve the chance to be made into figures when the likes of less significant background characters ("Ice Cream Maker Guy") get a figure. And Sim Aloo was part of the vintage line, so he still needs a modern line update.
That's quite a list then.

I don't need dozens of Luke Jedi versions either, just 1 good one... and then I buy a dozen of it. :D

DarkArtist
03-28-2010, 09:22 AM
after this weekend i have more figures to add....

Clone Wars:

Admiral Tretch - he was awesome in the episode and would make an amazing figure
Dutchess Satine - I think this would be another nice figure to add to this collection - would want both versions of the character, royal and undercover version
Bail Organa - I think the Legacy version was flat but seeing him in the Clone Wars might spark enough kids interest to make him
Clones from the Cloaked Ship - can't hae enough Clones and these guys would look great joining the ranks.

Expanded Universe:

Force Unleashed:

Kazden Paratis - nuff said

El Chuxter
04-21-2010, 04:03 PM
I've never gotten around to a full list. But I think we can all agree that they should make a Cinema Scene pack of Tycho and some Zouaves.

JediTricks
04-21-2010, 04:30 PM
Admiral's name is "Trench", not "Tretch". I am surprised folks would want him as a figure, all he did in the episode was talk and sit in a chair, he was a fat old walrusy spider-themed guy. Whorm Lothsom didn't sell all that great either, he reminds me of that kind of figure, but I'm not saying they shouldn't do him, just that I'm surprised folks want him (it's come up in other threads as well). That said, not much chance Hasbro will do him, unfortunately, because he isn't an action-based character.

As for the clone pilots in that CW episode, they reeked to me of "figure designs!" and I'm sure we'll get at least that crazy pilot helmet design.

Kazdan Paratus, interesting choice! Had this thread been created right after TFU came out, I am sure I would have put him on my list as well. Since then, it's not that my interest in TFU has cooled, it's just that time passed and I realize now that they're not going to do every cool design as a figure. The mad little Jedi would be quite a cool figure, especially if it came with 1 or 2 junk Jedi Masters as well. I'm not putting him on my "needs to be done" list just because I don't feel a NEED to have it, but I'd love to buy that figure and put it in my collection.

El Chuxter
04-21-2010, 04:32 PM
ESB:

Ozzel
Needa
Torryn Farr
Hoth Recovery Room Luke (looks like Tatooine garb, but with the scars)
Trevor Horne
Wiorkettle
one or two more Bespin citizens
better-scaled (even if not quite right) Dragonsnake
a new Tauntaun wouldn't hurt at all

El Chuxter
04-21-2010, 04:34 PM
(Going out of order so I can actually do this off the top of my head without looking at any sort of reference stuff):

ROTS:
the other Utai who was cancelled
the fat Polis Massan
Funeral Procession Padme
Queen Jamillia
Owen Lars in Luke's shirt

Mad Slanted Powers
04-21-2010, 04:47 PM
ESB:

Ozzel
Needa
We just had a Needa, so not likely that will be redone. Ozzel was done in 2004. Not certain if they would revisit him.

El Chuxter
04-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Ah, shoot. I forgot all about those figures.

JediTricks
04-21-2010, 05:01 PM
ESB:

Ozzel
Needa
Torryn Farr
Hoth Recovery Room Luke (looks like Tatooine garb, but with the scars)
Trevor Horne
Wiorkettle
one or two more Bespin citizens
better-scaled (even if not quite right) Dragonsnake
a new Tauntaun wouldn't hurt at allToryn Farr used to be on my list about 10 years ago, but I have lost interest. I just can't see where I'd use a character whose claim to fame is saying "stand by ion control" at a console anymore. I guess that stems from my malaise for Echo Base figures in general, it's a flavorless lot and we have a lot from them, so I feel like another bland character who doesn't do much while wearing light arctic gear in light beige just doesn't float my boat - that goes for officers and such too, Echo Base seems "done" to me from the Rebel perspective.

Wow, a new Dragonsnake, that's bold! Granted, the one we have is useless, but still surprised to see a request for another. I guess a prerequisite would be the ability to "eat" and "purge" R2, yes?

El Chuxter
04-21-2010, 05:54 PM
That'd be a plus. I'd prefer the Dragonsnake not be in a re-release of a large vehicle everyone already bought.

Devo
04-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Toryn Farr used to be on my list about 10 years ago, but I have lost interest. I just can't see where I'd use a character whose claim to fame is saying "stand by ion control" at a console anymore. I guess that stems from my malaise for Echo Base figures in general, it's a flavorless lot and we have a lot from them, so I feel like another bland character who doesn't do much while wearing light arctic gear in light beige just doesn't float my boat - that goes for officers and such too, Echo Base seems "done" to me from the Rebel perspective.

NNNooooo! I think its far from done but thats me talking as a diorama-setter-upper. I don't just want representatives of particular outfits to call those scenes done, I'd be all over any and all individual 'character' from Echo Base that they'd be willing to make so as to fill out my display. I'm not going to buy 15 major Derlins and 30 hoth rebel soldiers either as the people there are not clones and those are but 2 of the outfit varieties seen in the film. We haven't even gotten a modern version of the deck officer yet. I know he wasn't called the deck officer in the vintage line but thats pretty much what he was.

JediTricks
04-22-2010, 05:57 PM
NNNooooo! I think its far from done but thats me talking as a diorama-setter-upper. I don't just want representatives of particular outfits to call those scenes done, I'd be all over any and all individual 'character' from Echo Base that they'd be willing to make so as to fill out my display. I'm not going to buy 15 major Derlins and 30 hoth rebel soldiers either as the people there are not clones and those are but 2 of the outfit varieties seen in the film. We haven't even gotten a modern version of the deck officer yet. I know he wasn't called the deck officer in the vintage line but thats pretty much what he was.
I guess that's the problem with being a diorama guy, everything is a 'need' to you if you want to set up every scene. I have to pick my battles, to find the stuff that interests me, because standing in a room talking isn't enough to get me fired up, building dios of something like the Outlander Club wouldn't do anything for me. Also, it matters to me what it means to be an individual figure, I like to think about alternate contexts to put the figure in, it spurs my imagination, and something like Toryn Farr doesn't fit anywhere else but in that 1 little room doing nothing special.

Devo
04-23-2010, 06:20 PM
I can't imagine not being a diorama guy to be honest. Hasbro Star wars toys, either figures or vehicles, are not the greatest standalone pieces for individual appreciation. I really think you need to go for the larger figures for that and the more accurate and less toyish ships made by others if its for displaying pieces on their own merits. I just think the 3 3/4 line is meant for recreating scenes on a large scale - something that can't really be done with the aforementioned larger figures or model ships.

bigbarada
04-23-2010, 09:01 PM
I guess that's the problem with being a diorama guy, everything is a 'need' to you if you want to set up every scene. I have to pick my battles, to find the stuff that interests me, because standing in a room talking isn't enough to get me fired up, building dios of something like the Outlander Club wouldn't do anything for me. Also, it matters to me what it means to be an individual figure, I like to think about alternate contexts to put the figure in, it spurs my imagination, and something like Toryn Farr doesn't fit anywhere else but in that 1 little room doing nothing special.

I agree, if it's just a bunch of characters standing around in a room, then they really need to all be aliens for me to care. A bunch of humans, all wearing some variation of the same three outfits, just standing around talking isn't enough to get me excited.

But I'm not really much of a diorama guy either. There are a few I would consider building (Jabba's Palace and the Skiff Battle), but I'd rather do without the boring human background characters rather than spend time arguing why they "need" to be made.

indyjones1981
04-25-2010, 11:01 PM
A new and updated adult Anakin Skywalker in robes like we see in the original ending of Return of the Jedi. The vintage one was great. The 1999 flashback one was ok. Perhaps if the vintage collection line is around still in 2013 for the 30 anniversary of Jedi (Hasbro said it be around for 2 years) maybe we will get a mail away figure. I want it to be an adult Anakin done in vintage style like they are doing with the Boba Fett mail away in 2010. Thoughts? Maybe they will do a Ewok Village too well we can dream can't we.

JediTricks
04-26-2010, 03:45 AM
I can't imagine not being a diorama guy to be honest. Hasbro Star wars toys, either figures or vehicles, are not the greatest standalone pieces for individual appreciation. I really think you need to go for the larger figures for that and the more accurate and less toyish ships made by others if its for displaying pieces on their own merits. I just think the 3 3/4 line is meant for recreating scenes on a large scale - something that can't really be done with the aforementioned larger figures or model ships.I can understand that to a point, but when you get to recreating the library scene where nothing happens, or in general where people stand around not doing anything and not adding a tremendous amount of flavor, then the point begins to elude me. I can't find a passion for that stuff, I can't imaging NEEDING anything like that, I can't find any sense of value to it beyond the obsession of wanting to recreate EVERYTHING, and not everything holds appeal to me that way, not even in ANH or ESB.

A new and updated adult Anakin Skywalker in robes like we see in the original ending of Return of the Jedi. The vintage one was great. The 1999 flashback one was ok. Perhaps if the vintage collection line is around still in 2013 for the 30 anniversary of Jedi (Hasbro said it be around for 2 years) maybe we will get a mail away figure. I want it to be an adult Anakin done in vintage style like they are doing with the Boba Fett mail away in 2010. Thoughts? Maybe they will do a Ewok Village too well we can dream can't we.Yes, I have a Sebastian Shaw spirit Anakin figure on my list as well, along with new spirit Obi-Wan and Yoda (who is sitting on a log fence so he'd need to come with that). It's not the most exciting scene, but it is the final reward of the original Star Wars, it is the payoff to losing so many good friends and to experiencing so many harrowing adventures. Hayden's addition for me removed from that, the man who went good wearing the Vader suit no longer exists anymore to Lucas, I guess, but that's not the message I can understand taking away.

Devo
04-26-2010, 04:28 PM
I can understand that to a point, but when you get to recreating the library scene where nothing happens, or in general where people stand around not doing anything and not adding a tremendous amount of flavor, then the point begins to elude me. I can't find a passion for that stuff, I can't imaging NEEDING anything like that, I can't find any sense of value to it beyond the obsession of wanting to recreate EVERYTHING, and not everything holds appeal to me that way, not even in ANH or ESB.

Yeah this is true. I've argued against the need for Jocasta Nu on this basis - who really needs to recreate that brief library scene in AOTC? You would need to build the library for such a 'diorama' to impress because otherwise all the scene requires is Obi-wan, Jocasta and maybe one or 2 random jedi for the background - its probably the least 'busy' scene in the entire saga as regards quantity of people in one shot.

But this is why I love echo base - its not always hyper-kinetic action there but it is busy - tonnes of people, droids, ships, people carriers, and the cool set all visible in any one shot. Even if you don't build your own replica of the set with that mix of the man-made and the ice-caves there are still enough characters and ships to populate your scene with for it to be impressive and worthy of being called a 'diorama'.

bigbarada
04-27-2010, 07:49 AM
Yes, I have a Sebastian Shaw spirit Anakin figure on my list as well, along with new spirit Obi-Wan and Yoda (who is sitting on a log fence so he'd need to come with that). It's not the most exciting scene, but it is the final reward of the original Star Wars, it is the payoff to losing so many good friends and to experiencing so many harrowing adventures. Hayden's addition for me removed from that, the man who went good wearing the Vader suit no longer exists anymore to Lucas, I guess, but that's not the message I can understand taking away.

Yeah, that change never made sense to me. Why would Anakin come back as a young man but Obi-Wan and Yoda stay old? Is that the thanks they get for a lifetime of loyal devotion to the light side of the Force? They have to remain old geezers in the afterlife for all eternity while Anakin, who turned evil and murdered all of their fellow Jedi, gets to come back as a young buck just because he made a "deathbed conversion?" That hardly seems like justice to me.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-27-2010, 08:32 AM
Yeah, that change never made sense to me. Why would Anakin come back as a young man but Obi-Wan and Yoda stay old? Is that the thanks they get for a lifetime of loyal devotion to the light side of the Force? They have to remain old geezers in the afterlife for all eternity while Anakin, who turned evil and murdered all of their fellow Jedi, gets to come back as a young buck just because he made a "deathbed conversion?" That hardly seems like justice to me.The original Shaw ghost wasn't be accurate either. Where were all his scars and wounds? How did he get his hair back and no longer look like Humpty-Dumpty?

bigbarada
04-27-2010, 09:16 AM
The original Shaw ghost wasn't be accurate either. Where were all his scars and wounds? How did he get his hair back and no longer look like Humpty-Dumpty?

Well, it makes sense that he would have a regenerated body, unless Obi-Wan was standing there being held together with non-corporeal duct tape. :D It just doesn't make any sense why Anakin would go back to being a young man, and Obi-Wan and Yoda wouldn't. Now if they would have filmed Ewan McGregor as a ghost and placed him next to Anakin, that would have at least been a little more logical. Otherwise Obi-Wan got the royal shaft as gratitude for his lifetime of devotion to the Force.

Darth Metalmute
04-27-2010, 10:09 AM
Actually, I think it does make sense. As a ghost spirit, he wouldn't spend the rest of his ghost life as a deformed mess, and there is no way to know what Anakin would have looked like had he aged instead of being burnt to a crisp. So he would have taken the last form he had before his transformation, which would have be EIII Anakin.

El Chuxter
04-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Except, aside from some scarring, he looked just like Sebastian Shaw. So the hairdo is speculation, but, otherwise, we know exactly what he should look like. And he should look like Sebastian Shaw.

If Lucas felt the need to give Anakin a totally different outfit from everyone else, and also to replace Sebastian with Hayden, it's cheating--not to mention stupid and insulting to the audience's intelligence--to show Anakin's ghost wearing some robes he apparently borrowed from Obi-Wan's ghost.

Darth Metalmute
04-27-2010, 01:01 PM
Yeah, but thats only if you write the end of the story before you write the beginning. Which unfortunately is what we have here.

Anakin as Hayden Christensen is doubtful to grow up and look like Sebastian Shaw as Anakin, which is probably Lucas' flaw to go with Hayden, instead of someone who looked like Shaw. So because Shaw and Christensen look nothing alike, it makes more sense to show the ghost of Anakin as Christensen, since that is what he looked like more of in the films. Although I would understand if people thought they would have at least aged him.

At least with Ewan McGregor, you could believe that he could grow old into Alec Guinness.

El Chuxter
04-27-2010, 01:59 PM
But, like BigB said, you make a deathbed conversion after a life of unspeakable evil, and you're a young ghost for eternity, but adhere to the teachings of the Jedi your entire life, and you're rewarded by being the same old fart you were when you died? The Force is a ripoff.

Darth Metalmute
04-28-2010, 07:45 AM
I agree with you that they should have at least aged him.

But think of it this way. Everyone else in Force Heaven is old. Anakin is young. You know Anakin is the butt of everyone's jokes.

...but adhere to the teachings of the Jedi your entire life, and you're rewarded by being the same old fart you were when you died?

Whats really funny, is Qui-Gon is apparently (according to Lucas) the first person to discover Force Ghosts. Qui-Gon told Yoda, Yoda told Obi-Wan after Anakin became Vader, so who exactly told Anakin? Either everyone is a Force Ghost or only Qui-Gon, Yoda, and Obi-Wan should be seen at the end.

bigbarada
04-28-2010, 08:03 AM
Anakin should have come back as Jake Lloyd, that would have solved everything. ;)

Darth Metalmute
04-28-2010, 08:25 AM
Anakin should have come back as Jake Lloyd, that would have solved everything. ;)

Yipee!

And then he should have morphed into Jar-Jar giving the audience a raspberry.:razz:

DarkArtist
04-28-2010, 09:53 AM
I agree with you that they should have at least aged him.

But think of it this way. Everyone else in Force Heaven is old. Anakin is young. You know Anakin is the butt of everyone's jokes.

Whats really funny, is Qui-Gon is apparently (according to Lucas) the first person to discover Force Ghosts. Qui-Gon told Yoda, Yoda told Obi-Wan after Anakin became Vader, so who exactly told Anakin? Either everyone is a Force Ghost or only Qui-Gon, Yoda, and Obi-Wan should be seen at the end.

without getting into too much of a debate i believe Obi Wan and Yoda upon feeling Anakin's redemption and eventually death perhaps showed Anakin the path to become one with the Force thus appearing as a Force Spirit.

on another topic....I totally agree that it would rock to have an updated Force Spirit of Anakin "Sebastin Shaw" Skywalker.

Devo
04-28-2010, 10:28 AM
Putting aside the debate about whether they should or shouldn't have overwritten Shaw-ghost with Hayden-ghost, since they chose the latter they at least should have had Hayden act a little bit more neutral in terms of his facial expression. First he looks embarrassed to be there and then he bows his head and stares towards camera with a lunatic grin, or 'rapist leer' as I've previously called it.

JediTricks
04-28-2010, 04:38 PM
Yeah this is true. I've argued against the need for Jocasta Nu on this basis - who really needs to recreate that brief library scene in AOTC? You would need to build the library for such a 'diorama' to impress because otherwise all the scene requires is Obi-wan, Jocasta and maybe one or 2 random jedi for the background - its probably the least 'busy' scene in the entire saga as regards quantity of people in one shot.Reading this paragraph, I got a picture in my head of some collector first getting mocked by guests who see a diorama of just those figures without the diorama, and then get mocked by other guests for wasting their time building a boring library set to complete their diorama. ;) That truly is the no-win scenario. You can only enjoy it for yourself, nobody else will ever get it when they see it, but that means you can't really crow about it either.

But this is why I love echo base - its not always hyper-kinetic action there but it is busy - tonnes of people, droids, ships, people carriers, and the cool set all visible in any one shot. Even if you don't build your own replica of the set with that mix of the man-made and the ice-caves there are still enough characters and ships to populate your scene with for it to be impressive and worthy of being called a 'diorama'.I can understand the appeal of the hangar, or a hallway with enemy troops entering the base, or even a slight appeal of the medical bay because a lot of story seeds are planted in that scene, but the communications room isn't any of that, it's just mainly some screens, some consoles, a small number of people, and snow. That part of Echo Base is a bit of a snore to me, it's like building a diorama of the hangar control room from the Death Star II where Jerjerrod gets word that Vader is landing, but without the Imperial appeal.

Yeah, that change never made sense to me. Why would Anakin come back as a young man but Obi-Wan and Yoda stay old? Is that the thanks they get for a lifetime of loyal devotion to the light side of the Force? They have to remain old geezers in the afterlife for all eternity while Anakin, who turned evil and murdered all of their fellow Jedi, gets to come back as a young buck just because he made a "deathbed conversion?" That hardly seems like justice to me.Totally! The prequels make it sound like being a Jedi ghost is going to suck anyway though, since only 3.5 of them exist (Qui-Gon exists as a voice only, apparently). And is young Anakin's spirit devoid of the experiences of being Vader, or is he an older mind trapped in that ridiculous young body? If so, doesn't that mean that his visage is a constant reminder of what he WASN'T?!?

vger
05-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Totally! The prequels make it sound like being a Jedi ghost is going to suck anyway though, since only 3.5 of them exist (Qui-Gon exists as a voice only, apparently). And is young Anakin's spirit devoid of the experiences of being Vader, or is he an older mind trapped in that ridiculous young body? If so, doesn't that mean that his visage is a constant reminder of what he WASN'T?!?

The only way I can live with the young Anakin spirit is if Jedi are given the choice of how to appear in their spirit forms, and Obi-Wan decided to appear as Alec Guinness to Luke since that's how Luke remembered him. Anakin decided to appear as he looked when he was about Luke's age to show Luke how he had been when he had been a nice guy.

I admit, it's shaky reasoning but it doesn't keep me up at night :D

JediTricks
05-03-2010, 02:57 PM
The only way I can live with the young Anakin spirit is if Jedi are given the choice of how to appear in their spirit forms, and Obi-Wan decided to appear as Alec Guinness to Luke since that's how Luke remembered him. Anakin decided to appear as he looked when he was about Luke's age to show Luke how he had been when he had been a nice guy.

I admit, it's shaky reasoning but it doesn't keep me up at night :D
Can you imagine that scene in the movie? I can just picture Obi-Wan yelling his head off when he learns he could have been a young and sexy ghost but Qui-Gon forgot to tell him to tick the box for that.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Why do you all assume that everyone would want to be their younger self? It's not like youth is going to help you as a ghost.

bigbarada
05-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Why do you all assume that everyone would want to be their younger self? It's not like youth is going to help you as a ghost.

Well, maybe the Jedi are like Koreans, they value the wisdom of old age over youthful physical beauty. So in that case Anakin would be cursed with looking like a punk kid for all eternity.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-04-2010, 12:36 AM
Well, maybe the Jedi are like Koreans, they value the wisdom of old age over youthful physical beauty. So in that case Anakin would be cursed with looking like a punk kid for all eternity.But in Anakin's old age, he was twisted and evil. When he revealed his face to Luke, it was pale, scarred, and deformed. In the novel, it said,

Vader saw his son crying, and knew is must have been at the horror of the face the boy beheld.
It intensified, momentarily, Vader's own sense of anguish—to his crimes, now, he added guilt at the imagined repugnance of his appearance. But then this brought him to mind of the way he used to look—striking, and grand, with a wry tilt to his brow that hinted of invincibility and took in all of life with a wink. Yes, that was how he'd looked once.

So, with those thoughts in his mind near his death, it makes sense that he would appear as his younger self. It makes more sense than to appear as he looked at death, or to appear as he did in the original version of the movie, because he had never looked like that.

Darth Metalmute
05-04-2010, 08:59 AM

Yeah, but if you were seen as a younger version of yourself, it would be easier to have ghost sex with hot stripper ghosts.

So, with those thoughts in his mind near his death, it makes sense that he would appear as his younger self. It makes more sense than to appear as he looked at death, or to appear as he did in the original version of the movie, because he had never looked like that.

That was my point earlier, because he went right from looking like Hayden, to being deformed and Vaderized. When his mask came off, he was deformed and looked like Shaw. But nowhere between Episode 3 and 6 did he look like Shaw ghost. Maybe in an alternate universe, he did.

tagmac
05-04-2010, 12:46 PM
First time I'm really checking out this thread, so here's my list:

1. Woof (Klaatuu)
2. Sim Aloo
3. Guri
4. Nomi Sunrider
5. Anakin Solo
6. Cliegg Lars
7. Jocasta Nu
8. Kithaba
9. Weequay Skiff Master
10. Velken Tezeri - this completes the prisoner skiff occupants for diorama purposes
11. EU Bride Leia/Groom Han
12. EU Bride Mara/Groom Luke

Also, two Ewok movie 5-packs:

Caravan of Courage - Mace, Cindel, Weechee, Chukka-Trok, Deej
Battle for Endor - Noa, Terak, Charal, Wicket (w/human eyes) & Teek (so that those of us who can't get to "Star Tours" can buy one)