PDA

View Full Version : Would You Buy A Republic Star Destroyer From ROTS?

Tycho
03-07-2010, 01:12 PM
I am continuing my 3 3/4" vehicle thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case A Republic Star Destroyer From ROTS - also from Clone Wars, as is now the case).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy A Republic Star Destroyer From ROTS (and Clone Wars)?

I envision this vehicle would be one of the most expensive toys Hasbro ever produces (other than maybe a complete (scaled down) Death Star, with the Republic Star Destroyer costing collectors at least $200 or more. Those of you who buy SideShow or Hot Toys figures, don't balk just yet. PRICE might not be your concern if this could actually happen.

I am all for capital ship playsets looking like the capital ships on their outside. This is the way I designed my custom Tantive IV, and why the old Kenner Star Destroyer bridge playset never inspired me (I bought the vintage as an adult visiting a toy dealer's, but convinced the owner to take my return for a full refund as I gravely disliked this set).

Now size is another matter. Remember the GI Joe U.S.S. Flag aircraft carrier toy made in the 80's? OK, well the Republic Star Destroyer needs to be at least 6 feet or more long. This vehicle will be very similar in design to what LEGO has recently released, and open up for an entirely off-scale play environment.

At the top of each neck, in the command towers, will be twin bridges, with space for double-decks so the clones or officers can man the crew pits. A Jedi and Admiral Yularen, or Vader, Palpatine, and Tarkin can walk the command walk above them and up to the front windows.

The necks will have to be inaccessable here. Unlike the Imperial Star Destroyer design I proposed, I wouldn't spend on twin elevators here.

Inside the main hull should be room for a Jedi Starfighter and a V-wing to dock. This Destroyer launches its ships from the large red hatchway on its dorsal side, so the ship could sit flat on the floor and be a great play environment, as authentic as it needs to be. Removing the fighters, perhaps a lone Y-wing bomber could dock aboard the Republic Star Destroyer for use with Clone Wars figures. Forget a Republic Gunship - it's too big.

A vehicle maintainance energizer (think back to the vintage accessory sets) should be included.

Behind the docking bay on one side should be the prisoner brig. There should be a cell block (like Leia's on the Death Star) with one prisoner cell, an escape hatch for play, a command station (like the one Luke and Han took over where they had "a slight weapons malfunction"). For Clone Wars play, you could re-create Asajj Ventress springing prisoner Nute Gunray with the help of the traitor Captain Argyus of the Republic Senate Guards during her fight with Ahsoka and Luminara Undulli.

On the other side, an escape pod that holds 2-4 figures might be able to launch.

Along the side decks (upper walkways going towards the front of the ship) will be gunner stations where Turbo Tank Gunner figures man 3-4 double-barreled turbolasers on either side of the ship. They'll launch missiles (2 each) for 12-16 firing missiles for the kids (and myself) to play with.

The ship may or may not include electronic sounds and lights. A holographic tactical table and or holograms of Palpatine, Yoda, and Mace would be cool!

The market for this toy could be both high-end Star Wars collectors (who also happen to want to dedicate a 6 foot space for this in their house) and kids with very generous family, all who would buy a lot of Clone Troopers.

Do you want this made?

Would you spend $200 for something like this? More?

Are you seriously capable of it, or just talking?

Do you already buy SideShow, Medicom, Attikus, or Hot Toys products that approach or exceede this price range. (It was $400 for SideShow's Jabba, throne, and Bubo and Salacious creature packs - now more if you add the alcove with Han Solo in carbonite). If you own these items, are you OK with the price of the Republic Star Destroyer as I'm suggesting?

How big of problem is having the space to own this ship? Why is it a problem? Is the space-for-it-issue at all because of WHICH SHIP I'm discussing? (In other words, would you buy a different ship from Star Wars that's this size and around this price instead? Which one?)

What other features would you want on a Republic Star Destroyer that I have not described?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

Do you think Hasbro (or even a different company like SideShow) could make this and start out by taking pre-orders with non-refundable deposits on the ship, say for like $50 to $100? Then either go into production, beyond the prototype, or refund the deposits if the ship needs to be cancelled?

This vehicle is seen nearly every week in Clone Wars. Will this help it sell?

Other ROTS ships we polled for here (in the Legacy section) yeilded the following results:

NO - Droid Gunship (this is being made and will be released in the summer anyway)
NO - Wookiee Catamaran
NO - Padme's starskiff (a mini-rig that seats one - Anakin) has been made. The poll was for a 2-4 seater)
YES - Palpatine's shuttle
NO - Anakin's airspeeder
NO - The Invisible Hand, Separatist Assault Cruiser
??? - Republic Star Destroyer (the Resolute for example)

Warped
03-07-2010, 01:21 PM
I would for sure buy this ship. But I would expect it to be the largest in my collection. And I think that $200 for this would be exceptable.

El Chuxter
03-07-2010, 01:29 PM
I can't entirely say "no," but I'm leaning no. I'd much rather have the standard Imperial-class Star Destroyer, or even the Victory-class Star Destroyer, first.

DarkArtist
03-07-2010, 02:20 PM
1 million times YES !!!!! perhaps my most favorite designed ship out of the prequel trilogy.... I would easily drop $300 on it if was worth the price.....

this would also set Hasbro up nice for future releases of The Victory, Imperial, and Super Star Destroyers.

JediTricks
03-07-2010, 04:41 PM
No. Look at the LEGO version, it's really squat, chibi even. Not worth the time.

Darth Jax
03-07-2010, 04:55 PM
yes, I'd buy it. but i want the various imperial models first.

bigbarada
03-07-2010, 05:40 PM
No. IF I was going to dedicate the space and money to a $200-300 toy, it would be on an OT vehicle.

Devo
03-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Also a no for me. Like everyone says if I was going to devote the money and space it'd be an Imperial Star destroyer or Tantive IV - I would find those next to impossible to pass on. What you describe sounds incredible though.

I just don't think we'll ever get a 6ft long vehicle and thats to say nothing of the height and width dimensions.

DarkJedi5
03-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Nope. I will never buy a capital ship. Ever.

Blue2th
03-07-2010, 08:42 PM
I don't see it happening in that size without being so absurdly undersized toylike.

No problem with a Collector Fleet or Action Fleet version (no figures) though.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-08-2010, 01:16 AM
It's got the same problem as the other capital ships, even though it's gotten quite a lot of screen time and action in The Clone Wars. I'd buy it but I know they're never going to make it.

Tycho
03-08-2010, 03:20 AM
The Republic Star Destroyer would be smaller than the Imperial one.

I plan to custom-build an Imperial one some day, and I need it to be 9 feet long to accomodate an elevator (old Kenner Death Star Playset style) in the neck that leads up to the command bridge, and hold a TIE Bomber in the main hanger. Also in the neck, I want a conference room like the one on the Death Star, and a trash compactor at the base with a dump-door leading outside of the ship into space.

The Republic Star Destroyer can be smaller (and actually was) and I can make that 6 feet long perhaps - or 7. There seems to be redundant bridges on two necks on this class of ship. For all I know, that's what they are.

Instead of having two elevators then, I'll just opt for no physical access to the necks from the main hull, just like there isn't access through the cockpit tunnel on the BMF. You just put the figures in the bridge stations under removeable covers over the command tower structures. I'd elect to have half a crew pit (on one side) with an officer's walkway above them on the inside edge of each structure. It will save space and cut down on size, leaving the ship not all too big.

Things I'd have on the Imperial Star Destroyer (like playroom and an elevator in the neck) being ommitted from this ship would save space and allow for maybe a fighter as big as the Y-wing Bomber to dock in the Republic version. The Republic ship certainly doesn't need a torture room, but the Imperial one does.

The Imperial Star Destroyer voted on here lost 9-10. It was a very close vote. But again, the reasons were the space it would require and the money it would cost.

I certainly think having at least one of these big capital ships would be worth it.

I'd take the Imperial Star Destroyer first myself, but the Republic version would be very cool, too. I made a custom Blockade Runner (it won in the polls here, btw). The Mon Calamari ship lost, but I'd probably take it if I could get it. I'd also have gotten the Invisible Hand. I'm going to continue to poll for some other capital ships, mixed in with this series. I think the most popular ones have been polled for with this ship's inclusion.

Oh, so that's a "yes vote" from me for the Republic Star Destroyer.

Darth Metalmute
03-08-2010, 08:00 AM
I would never buy this unless they made a Imperial Star Destroyer first. Then it's a maybe, as in maybe if it sits around at half price.

Tycho
03-08-2010, 01:00 PM
I think Capital Ships could be done only if they were "made to order" with non-refundable deposits.

Hasbro would have to adapt and change their business model. Instead they are turning down profits right now, because they are stubborn or won't take R&D risks. That's a fact.

$250 for a Republic Star Destroyer (OK - or the Imperial one).

Pre-order it
pay $50 non-refundable under ANY circumstances
Possibly make $25 a month payments on it - auto-charged?
Payments go for 4 months - 6 months (instead there could be a final "balloon payment of the last $50 plus tax / shipping" when it's ready to ship
The vehicle is delivered
The non-refundable payments go into Hasbro's revenue to compensate them for the tooling costs
If for any reason the actual ship is not produced due to lack of interest - ONLY THEN - will deposits be refunded (maybe - and Hasbro can reserve the right to recoup their R&D costs and only give a partial refund should they provide documentation of their expenses) - that can be written into the order contract. A percentage of the lawyer's fee could be part of what they recoup before any refund is issued
THIS CAN BE DONE IF THEY ARE NOT LAZY ABOUT IT.
If the ship is successful, they can continue with other capital ship choices produced according to polling results so they ensure sales. No gimmicks like "let's sell an unpopular ship first to make money off completists"

Then they can maximize profits by selling figure sets from already produced molds to populate the capital ships:

Imperials, Rebels, or Clones are obvious. Jabba's Guards could be assembled, and so on. Add some exclusive figure to the figure pack to further entice.

Honestly, I bet:

They've never researched doing this
They cling to "that's not our business model" as an excuse
They won't adapt so they won't get this market
They must NOT love making money as they won't adapt

Look, I'm a Hasbro stockholder. I know they have stayed in the black in this recession, but there is not such a stellar performance as around 2007 going on at the moment (of course, granted the recession). But when the economy turns around, adding this to their business model is something I'd like to see.

"We're not a company like SideShow with that sort of niche market."

Well, why not be both? Expand, add jobs, make more money. At least research it more and share your results with the SW collecting community.

Are they in business to make a profit or aren't they?

The money will appear as non-refundable deposits if the market will support this.

The first step in researching it is whether the community will buy large "masterpiece vehicles."

Everyone here spends at least $25 month on toys most likely - and if you bought a Y-wing or AT-ST, you can afford the $50 for a deposit.

Now, let's say the ship was even "free." Can you adapt to provide the space for a capital ship?

Do you collect in such a way that you'd want to "crew" such a capital ship.

Of course, I'd answer "yes," myself. But I don't know what the market would bear.

My first choice would be Jabba's sailbarge, but that might be able to get out there in the $100 vehicle assortment. That's what I'd love to see for this one.

The Imperial Star Destroyer would be my next choice, but given The Clone Wars' popularity, The Resolute (Yularen's command ship) might be a great choice at the moment - and like I've suggested - it could be made smaller than an Imperial Star Destroyer.

Darth Metalmute
03-08-2010, 02:22 PM
I would add one more step to that formula. Hasbro should collect $50, non-refundable, from everyone as a commitment to buy. However, if the number of people that commit to buy isn't enough, then the project should be cancelled and the money refunded.

Because, let's face it, if only 3 people sign up, they are not making it.

JediTricks
03-08-2010, 03:01 PM
I would add one more step to that formula. Hasbro should collect $50, non-refundable, from everyone as a commitment to buy. However, if the number of people that commit to buy isn't enough, then the project should be cancelled and the money refunded.

Very expensive, lots of legal and business wranglings required. Basically, this would be completely impossible from anything in Hasbro's business model, or anyone's business model that wasn't the most niche of specialty firms.

Tycho
03-08-2010, 03:05 PM

That's what I said (above) however, to help "save Hasbro" the pain, they can take a small percentage of their lawyer's fees or whatever out of everyone's $50 deposit, so they don't lose money attempting to do this. Thus it will be a partial refund - like maybe $40 out of the $50 or something if they don't wind up doing the project and having to refund everyone after all.

See - they won't even start it if they have to expend to create the computer services for setting up the payment / deposit program and pay the legal fees to create the document specifying their garauntees (for the partial refund) to begin the program in the first place.

We want Hasbro to do what they don't want to do.

This is a minimal-loss scenerio for them. If they provide the deposit-makers with an expense sheet for the program, they are also not taking advantage of us with any "phantom ship" program.

Before this can get started, Hasbro has to:

1) hire a lawyer to regulate the language that spells out the program and your garauntee to a partial refund and Hasbro's garauntee to keep your deposit if you don't make the payments or cancel your order. (I'm sure they have an in-house attorney, but they are not typically paid to do this. It's extra and remember, they don't WANT to do this. We're trying to persuade them.)

2) Hire an electronic payment programmer to set up the ordering so you can log-on and order, follow your payments online, and maybe set-up an auto-charge to your bank or creditcard account.

You can't order in the first place without these things above. And they cost money to create, especially since it's a whole different selling structure than what Hasbro is traditionally used to.

3) A prototype designer will have to paid to create the first mock-ups (or pay Mark Bradeaux extra most likely).

As I understand it, HasbroToyShop.com is actually a contractor, not part of Rhode Island's operation. They are a retailer sub-outlet too, dealing with In-Stock merchandise they warehouse. I don't think they take pre-orders and mail-aways like Nadar Vebb and the Eopie aren't even going through them - that's someone else in Montana I believe.

Because of inefficiencies, or unwillingness to coordinate these kind of ordering efforts under one house, Hasbro would need even a 3rd online / mail-order base to run a specialty program like a capital ships club.

HasbroToyShop is not currently structured to take authorizations for automatic bank card withdrawals and track payment plans (like Lay-Away programs) so far as I know.

If we want them to adapt and do something they aren't currently capable of, let us pay the money for them to do it - as part of our ship cost.

All this means is if the ship is $200, then it is $200. But if the deposit is $50 (of the $200) then part of the $50 deposit will NEVER be refundable, even if they never produce the ship. Thus they won't lose money hiring the lawyer and techie to design the ordering / payment structure. The rest of the deposit that's non-refundable is only non-refundable if they actually tool up the parts for the ship.

Then once the ship is tooled: they can't lose money -

1) They keep the whole deposit (to pay for their start-up and tooling)
2) They sell the ships to people that pay the full $200 or whatever they cost
3) They profit from forfeited deposits as well.

4) They can always discount the finished ships they don't sell for more profit because the deposits they used to tool them already paid Hasbro's costs.

The price is just an example. The actual price would be worked out through their R&D.

There will be a waiting period - probably a year or more - before the ships start to be delivered to customers.

1) Deposits will be collected first to then be spent on the tooling. Consumers will have to pre-order (with deposits) based on a hardcopy design sample.

2) Production or partial refunds will happen after the waiting period that Hasbro sets is over.

The bottom lines are these:

Hasbro doesn't want to do this or they would have already

Agree to set it up so Hasbro doesn't lose any money (or minimal money that's acceptable for R&D)

Then start the program and run it for as long as it's profitable.

It could go on for 5 or more years:

OT Jabba's Sailbarge
OT Imperial Star Destroyer
OT Rebel Blockade Runner
PT Invisible Hand
PT Republic Star Destroyer
OT Mon Calamari Star Cruiser
OT Rebel Medical Frigate
OT Hoth Rebel Transport
OT Imperial Super Star Destroyer
PT Republic Clone Troop Cruiser (AOTC's smaller Clone ships)
PT Trade Federation Droid Control Ship
PT General Grievous' Malevolence

Really detailed Playsets, or at the very least, The Death Star, could find their way into these offerings too.

Also, I contend that Jabba's Sailbarge could be done for retail in the $100 vehicle assortment (or approximately priced in that range) and put into brick and mortar stores like the TurboTank - though a bit larger and maybe a holiday item or special release day item, like the BMF was.

Darth Metalmute
03-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Sorry Tycho, somehow, I missed step 7 when I read your list.:sad:

Very expensive, lots of legal and business wranglings required. Basically, this would be completely impossible from anything in Hasbro's business model, or anyone's business model that wasn't the most niche of specialty firms.

Agree, but I think the reward outweighs the risk. If they set it up like Tycho spoke of, discovering guaranteed sales, then if the interest is not there, they only lose the marketing aspect of it. However if they find that it carries alot of interest, then they just walked into a gold mine.

Hasbro can do as many polls as they like, but they are not going to get an honest answer. I want a Star Destoryer, and would vote for one in a poll, but putting up a $50 deposit, might sway me away. What you would get from this premise, is absolute answers in cash form.

JediTricks
03-08-2010, 03:44 PM
There is no reward. Ignoring that this violates their license with Lucasfilm, there's also the fact that you have to pay design, legal, and accounting employees for a project that will very likely never come to fruition.

Then, pretending there's a chance in hell this gets past that, you have to make the customer wait another 18 months for delivery on their item, which will ensure far fewer orders, and likely many dropouts during the program.

Then, pretending it gets past that hurdle, there's the issue of costly shipping since these won't have cases going to distribution warehouses, they'd be direct-to-consumer which is much much more expensive to handle.

And what's the end result? That they sell an expensive item in incredibly low numbers which means either having to horribly inflate pricing (so your $250 worth of toy would cost more like $400), or take a massive loss on the final gross.

How is that a goldmine? It's as far from it as one can get. It's Fantasyland, pie-in-the-sky dreaming. It would never work.

Fat Valentino
03-08-2010, 04:30 PM
If folks were willing to compromise on quality a bit, I bet this set could be squeezed out in the 99.00 price range.

It's really just a BIG hollow, wedge shaped piece of plastic, so why not think of it in terms of individual pieces, packaged in a long, flat box, that would have to be assembled at home. :lipsrsealed:

Piece 1: A sturdy base, (maybe packaged in two pieces) no longer than three and a half feet or four feet long total, but very detailed and filled with interesting briefing screens, starfighter hoses and equipment (Molded to the floor, naturally), clone trooper medical bays, Astromech alcoves, etc... Also a small platform, in the back. Essentially a raised second level.

Piece 2: A raked side wall. This would basically be a single piece of molded grey plastic representing one side of the Star Destroyer. Maybe there's a rotating gun or two attached, maybe a small bay door for a starfighter to barely get through. All that's important is that one side of the ship is "enclosed".

Piece 3: The conning tower. A simplified tower that would screw into the base, and probably also the side wall. Room for a few figures, maybe a control pit. But very small, and certainly no motorized elevator.

Piece 4: Another two pieces of molded plastic, screwed together (maybe with some clear or orange tinted plastic to represent the engines) to give the ship an aft (back) wall. Maybe two feet wide, a foot and a half tall. Mold all the doors, viewscreens, droid alcoves you like into it.

Piece 5: About six pages of amazing stickers?

The important part of this is that it could all be packed flat, minimizing the retail footprint. It could screw together into a very large playset, but there is no way that a big box store is going to devote 4+feet of shelf space to a single item. More like 2.5 or 3 feet.

It's really not pie in the sky wishing at this point, just a compromise...

I would certainly buy it!

Tycho
03-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Ignoring that this violates their license with Lucasfilm,

Please explain.

there's also the fact that you have to pay design, legal, and accounting employees for a project that will very likely never come to fruition.That's why the deposits are only partially refundable if the project doesn't generate enough deposit-paid pre-orders. They charge enough (or mostly enough) for the initial deposit to pay Mark Bradeaux his extra bonus as well as the attorney and the software company representative.

Then, pretending there's a chance in hell this gets past that, you have to make the customer wait another 18 months for delivery on their item, which will ensure far fewer orders, and likely many dropouts during the program.If the program comes to a production phase, the customer loses their complete $50 deposit if they drop out. That's in the agreement.

Then Hasbro sells the ship to someone else, or at the very least can clearance it at a $50 discount. If the first thing happens, they make an extra $50 right there.

But you are right that if you have to order something with a deposit, then wait 18 months or so, it is discouraging for some to buy (probably). However, this wouldn't phase me or some of the other enthusiasts for the capital ships that post here. I'd order the day it became available, just as you'd expect me to.

Then, pretending it gets past that hurdle, there's the issue of costly shipping since these won't have cases going to distribution warehouses, they'd be direct-to-consumer which is much much more expensive to handle. True. Have the customer pay for that. However, negotiate a better rate for multiple deliveries, and arrange shipping schedules so they are sent out in mass waves when they are sent out - not individually. The first wait time might be 18 months, but once the ship's in production, it wouldn't have to be that long. Still, the customer might have to agree to wait until there were some set amount of the ships going out at specific intervals.

We're still talking about getting something made by Hasbro that they really DO NOT WANT TO MAKE, but getting them to do it anyway.

Like I said, they're in business. If I offered you $5,000 dollars to make me a star destroyer (mind you a custom would probably cost you only $1,000 to make) - you'd make me a star destroyer. Sure. After some trial and error and maybe over the course of 2-3 months to get it right you'd have expended some effort and possibly become a bit frustrated with some set-backs, but you'd still wind up with a $4,000 profit.

At some price, you'd bother - and on top of it, you're enthusiastic about Star Wars. Darryl and Mark are enthusiastic about Star Wars. Pay them for the opportunity to bring this to market and they'd LOVE to do it. I'm guessing of course, but we both know them and it's a good guess.

And what's the end result? That they sell an expensive item in incredibly low numbers which means either having to horribly inflate pricing (so your $250 worth of toy would cost more like $400), or take a massive loss on the final gross. I spent $700 on my Blockade Runner custom, which is fun for me, but pretty much still looks like crap, and if I hadn't made mistakes, might have been able to make it for $4-500. (There was this industrial pipe that I tried to use for the docking rings that cost $200 and was completely unnecessary - and yes I did use it, so the ship wound up being heavier, but that's all the difference it made. I could have cut up plastic paint buckets in a similar fashion to how I formed the hammerhead and done this for $40 for a savings of $160 but I learned the hard way.)

How is that a goldmine? It's as far from it as one can get. It's Fantasyland, pie-in-the-sky dreaming. It would never work.You make it work. You don't give up.

There was a problem with bombing Tokyo after Pearl Harbor, but we adapted Army bombers to launch off Navy planes and we did it. They said it couldn't be done but Colonel Doolittle insisted it could be done.

bigbarada
03-09-2010, 07:46 AM
The idea of taking a $50 cash deposit from fans as a promise to buy an item that might come out in a year or more, might make sense initially, but is completely impractical. It would take tens of thousands of fans committing to buy this toy to sway Hasbro's marketing division to even consider it. That's never going to happen.

There is NO WAY that many fans will cough up $50 for something that MIGHT get made at some point in the future, when online forums are already overflowing with whining and complaining about $30 Dewbacks and $44 AT-STs.

And if Hasbro bungles it, then it's just the makings for a giant class action lawsuit. Even if marketing approved it, Hasbro's legal department would shoot it down instantly.

JediTricks
03-10-2010, 06:50 PM
The idea of taking a $50 cash deposit from fans as a promise to buy an item that might come out in a year or more, might make sense initially, but is completely impractical. It would take tens of thousands of fans committing to buy this toy to sway Hasbro's marketing division to even consider it. That's never going to happen.

There is NO WAY that many fans will cough up $50 for something that MIGHT get made at some point in the future, when online forums are already overflowing with whining and complaining about $30 Dewbacks and $44 AT-STs.

And if Hasbro bungles it, then it's just the makings for a giant class action lawsuit. Even if marketing approved it, Hasbro's legal department would shoot it down instantly.
Totally. I've given up, they want to grasp at straws using pure illogical thinking to create the thinnest foundation of hope for something totally implausible, then no matter how much reasoning we put out there to counter so collectors can concentrate on real issues will affect them, it's wishful dreaming turned into zealotry and having no basis in reality means nothing to that. That's what makes it fantasyland, they can actually live in that fantasy and act as if there's any reality to it.

Old Fossil
03-10-2010, 08:31 PM
You make it work. You don't give up.

There was a problem with bombing Tokyo after Pearl Harbor, but we adapted Army bombers to launch off Navy planes and we did it. They said it couldn't be done but Colonel Doolittle insisted it could be done.

Tycho, Hasbro's no Colonel Doolittle.:laugh:

Tycho
03-27-2010, 10:47 AM
The Republic Star Destroyer from ROTS (and Clone Wars) won!

It was 8-5 for the victory!

It would be nice to see this made.

Like the other capital ship victory in these polls, the vote was close.

The Rebel Blockade Runner won 14-11.

There were other large vehicle victories (Jabba's Sailbarge won by 26-2) but I don't consider it to be a capital ship.

19 people originally voted in the Imperial Star Destroyer poll, where the ship lost 9-10 in a NO-vote.

There were 13 people voting in this poll thus far, and as many who voted in the other star destroyer poll could change the Republic Star Destroyer's status if those 6 other votes come in with all but 1 not in favor of the ship being made. Still, the frequent use of this ship's model in Clone Wars might have something to do with its desirability.

I voted in favor of it, but I too would first want an Imperial Star Destroyer - but I'd buy either (and both) as soon as they were offered.

TheDarthVader
03-27-2010, 10:24 PM
Make that a 9-5 victory, as I would have voted YES.