PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Hasbro Transformers Q&A v2

JediTricks
03-07-2010, 11:44 PM
The next round is in May, so let's get some more questions going. You can vote for an existing question (listed in the 2nd post) or suggest your own. We get to send in 2 per round, and here are Hasbro's suggestions and restrictions on questions:

* Unfortunately, there are some things that we cannot comment publicly on due to confidentiality, legal or competitive reasons. Examples of these types of questions are ones that relate to the upcoming TV series or movies that have not had details announced yet, “When will X toy be made/redesigned/released?”, Hypothetical scenarios or “what if questions”, Sales/Cost Data, Product Idea Submissions, Potential Design/Redesign and Future Movie/Entertainment.

* With that said, that leaves a lot of room for a whole host of other discussion points. Topics that are open for discussion are things like Deco Decisions, Current Design Choices, Design Process/Development, Character choices and Redeco/Retooling choices. Also, questions pertaining to past and current Lore/Storyline, Line Strategy and Marketing are open for discussion too.
Thanks for participating!

JediTricks
03-07-2010, 11:46 PM
Here are the current question ideas we have so far:

- Has anyone asked Hasbro if they would consider putting the plug holes from mini-cons on their legends line? Or maybe designing a new hex screw to use on them so that they can be used as mini-cons as well? This would be a great throw back to the old decoys, and it would make the line more popular with those of us that overlook this subset of the line.
- Will Voyager Seaspray be considered for repainting in green military colors as seen in ROTF?
- Will there be more Decepticons in the HA line, perhaps with human prisoners or pretender Decepticons?
- Will the rest of the 3 Constructicons from ROTF get Voyager or Deluxe figures?

Tycho
03-08-2010, 04:29 AM
Will Voyager SeaSpray be considered for repainting in green military colors as seen in ROTF?

Will there be more Decepticons in the HA line, perhaps with human prisoners or pretender Decepticons?

Will the rest of the 3 Constructicons from ROTF get Voyager or Deluxe figures?

I'll vote for any of my own questions that others here support the most, as well as JediTricks' question:

"Why is it that Leader-class figures in the ROTF line have just 1 voice actor clip per figure, yet the Animated line had 3 lines of dialogue per Leader figure? It can't just be about paying actors, since ROTF Jetfire uses a different voice actor altogether. And why is it that all of these Leader-class ROTF figures single voice line are just them introduce themselves rather than having interesting movie dialogue or at least in-character styled dialogue? Even some of the little kid-themed ROTF toys do more talking than these $50 figures. "

JediTricks
03-08-2010, 04:52 AM
Was there a hovercraft in ROTF? I don't remember that.

I decided to ask my question from my own TF site, they were naughty over there and didn't choose so that was their punishment. :p

Tycho
03-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Was there a hovercraft in ROTF? I don't remember that.

Yeah, the military used them to unload tanks into Egypt. There were a small fleet of hovercrafts seen - each carrying one tank and at least a squad of troops. The hovercrafts were not Transformers, but if they had any more All-Spark fragments by that point, they could have been.

Note to movie critics: All-Spark fragments (2)

1) Sam and Mikaela held - when Prime thought dead and Sam hiding as a fugitive, this was used to animate Jetfire. The priority here was to learn the secret message and get ahead of Megatron before the Decepticons destroyed the earth. Plus Prime's body was not where Sam could get to it, as it was being returned to Diego Garcia. The fragment was with Mikaela during the fight between Prime and the Decepticons in the forest. She was late arriving with BumbleBee and there might not have been a way to get her to Prime when he fell in the forest.

2) Was stolen by Ravage and used to re-animate Megatron

Darth Metalmute
03-08-2010, 04:21 PM
This can be considered 1 or 3 questions.

When deciding which G1 figures are to be created in the Universe line, is there a specific protocol that is followed? Like why Hasbro choose Hod Rod or what you are calling him now over Soundwave? Are any G1 figures that were on the show that were never released in the 80's off limits? When and how does Hasbro decided which G1 figures will be re-released in future universe assortments?

clone157
03-22-2010, 11:34 PM
I still like my mini-con question. :)

JediTricks
04-01-2010, 04:10 AM
Round 9 answers posted.
http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=61&p2_articleid=2471

El Chuxter
04-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Got to love their answer on Animated. They can't even use the Gargoyles defense and say it didn't sell. I'll never understand how Hasbro can just ignore so much potential revenue so often.

JediTricks
04-29-2010, 05:08 PM
We need 2 questions for Monday.

Tycho
04-30-2010, 02:57 AM
Will there be more Decepticons offered in the Human Alliance collection?

In light of the movie Ironhide and Ratchet being scaled down for great Deluxe Figure offerings, will BumbleBee, SideSwipe, Mudflap, Jolt, and Skids be scaled down to Scout Class Offerings? That'd be great!

Will a Leader Class Decepticon Helicopter ever be made? Ever since the helicopters came out in Voyager Class, they have had detaching backpacks for their rotor blade assemblies. Could Hasbro realize the potential for a completely re-engineered helicopter that fully transforms?

Darth Metalmute
04-30-2010, 09:08 AM
I'll vote for the question I asked a couple of posts ago, and Tychos first question.

JediTricks
05-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Will there be more Decepticons offered in the Human Alliance collection?This is now pretty much off-limits via their new guidelines about not asking about future product.

In light of the movie Ironhide and Ratchet being scaled down for great Deluxe Figure offerings, will BumbleBee, SideSwipe, Mudflap, Jolt, and Skids be scaled down to Scout Class Offerings? That'd be great!This one technically is also off-limits, but I could see asking it as a concept rather than specific characters. This round isn't it though, it needs more work to bulletproof it from just pointing to the Legends figures.

Will a Leader Class Decepticon Helicopter ever be made? Ever since the helicopters came out in Voyager Class, they have had detaching backpacks for their rotor blade assemblies. Could Hasbro realize the potential for a completely re-engineered helicopter that fully transforms?I won't be asking any more questions about Leader Class Blackout, even if it wasn't off-limits. They said no. We've got to move on, can't keep asking the same thing over and over.

El Chuxter
05-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Here's a question that might've been asked, but I've never seen the reason:

"Why are the assortment names given to a particular size of figures used rather than terminology that would be more intuitive? For instance, by what logic is 'Voyager' larger than 'Deluxe,' which would seem to the uninitiated to be a larger size? Why is a 'Legend' the smallest of all, while 'Leader' is the largest? We're not complaining, but the size names for Transformers (and, while we're at it, GIJoe vehicles as well, which probably derived their size names through a similar process) can be pretty confusing, and seem reminiscent of Starbucks' venti and grande. Why didn't you just go with small, medium, large, and extra large?"

Dunno if you want to use a question on that, but I've always wondered about the thought process behind this, and, with the restrictions, it seems like one of the very few things we'd be allowed to ask anymore. :D

JediTricks
05-02-2010, 11:00 PM
"Venti" means 20, the ounces in the size. Grande means large, and before the 20-ouncer was their largest size.

I already sent off our questions, but I'll likely use this for the next round.

They did this for the Cybertron line, after messing up the naming of sizes in Armada. "Legends" was originally "Legends of Cybertron", when they experimented with making tiny versions of main characters from the line to sell in Europe and in non-toy stores in the US after the problems TF ran into in those areas. "Scout" and "Voyager" made more sense in the Cybertron storyline context, but really it was just a shift to refresh a concept.

Tycho
05-03-2010, 03:16 AM
This is now pretty much off-limits via their new guidelines about not asking about future product.

JT, I know this is not your fault, but Hasbro Transformers is then basically telling us we may ask them about anything, except Hasbro Transformers.

For the next round then (following their guidelines):

Will Playmates ever release Wave 2 of their Star Trek Figures? :D

This question does not ask them about future Transformers products.

See: I followed the rules.:pleased:

JediTricks
05-03-2010, 05:17 AM
JT, I know this is not your fault, but Hasbro Transformers is then basically telling us we may ask them about anything, except Hasbro Transformers.

For the next round then (following their guidelines):

Will Playmates ever release Wave 2 of their Star Trek Figures? :D

This question does not ask them about future Transformers products.

See: I followed the rules.:pleased:Yes, it is very difficult to navigate the limitations. It feels like our hands are tied, especially compared to how free and open the Hasbro SW Q&A is. Hasbro has made the following suggestion for Transformers Q&A though: "Topics that are open for discussion are things like

Deco Decisions,
Current Design Choices,
Design Process/Development,
Character choices and
Redeco/Retooling choices.
Also, questions pertaining to past and current Lore/Storyline,
Line Strategy and Marketing

are open for discussion too. "

El Chuxter
05-03-2010, 01:13 PM
Why did you decide to make the latest Bumblebee a Camaro? Was there a movie or something?

Darth Metalmute
05-03-2010, 02:02 PM
If you were to do a universe Soundwave, what form would he appear in, considering tape decks are obsolete?

JediTricks
05-03-2010, 03:45 PM
If you were to do a universe Soundwave, what form would he appear in, considering tape decks are obsolete?
They won't answer hypotheticals. :( I would love to ask that question.

Darth Metalmute
05-04-2010, 08:47 AM
So asking them if;

"back in the day you made Transformers called pretenders that were basically hollow shells with smaller transformers inside. Now we have Transformers crossovers where other themes have key figures that transform into vehicles (i.e. Star Wars and Marvel). Could we expect Hasbro to combine these ideas and make a Megan Fox transformer? It could be a leader class figure who transform into a motorcycle that the new leader class Bumbleee could ride. Special features could include two firing missles from her chest and electronic sound that has movie lines where she argues about sayin the "L" word."

...is off limits.

JediTricks
05-04-2010, 04:02 PM
So asking them if;

"back in the day you made Transformers called pretenders that were basically hollow shells with smaller transformers inside. Now we have Transformers crossovers where other themes have key figures that transform into vehicles (i.e. Star Wars and Marvel). Could we expect Hasbro to combine these ideas and make a Megan Fox transformer? It could be a leader class figure who transform into a motorcycle that the new leader class Bumbleee could ride. Special features could include two firing missles from her chest and electronic sound that has movie lines where she argues about sayin the "L" word."

...is off limits.
I didn't know Ohio sold alcohol that early in the day. :p

Darth Metalmute
05-04-2010, 05:02 PM
I didn't know Ohio sold alcohol that early in the day. :p

We're a pretty liberal city.:crazed:

Do you remember those Pretender's though? I still have one somewhere.

El Chuxter
05-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Y'know, this discussion actually inspires me. Hopefully, this doesn't cross the line.

"The Pretenders weren't the most sensible invention in the history of the Transformers: giant robots with armor that looked, usually, like giant humans. (Nice disguise there, buddy!) However, the concept is one that could be quite interesting given the updates in toymaking technology over the past couple of decades; some of the original designs (particularly Decepticons like Skullgrin, Bomb-Blast, and Carnivac) were quite solid, and others (especially Thunderwing and Bludgeon) had major roles in spin-off media. Granted, the non-Pretender Bludgeon who was released earlier this year is sweet, but, if you were to update Thunderwing or any of the other major Pretenders, would you consider going the Pretender route with them?"

I totally want a Classics/Universe Thunderwing. He's a lot more important than that Drift fella.

JediTricks
05-04-2010, 10:29 PM
We're a pretty liberal city.:crazed:I didn't know Ohio was a city. ;)

Do you remember those Pretender's though? I still have one somewhere.I remember they weren't that good and so I didn't own them.

Anyway, even if I were to Tycho it and take it seriously enough to ask, it's already verboten because it's about future designs.

Ugh, Chux, really? Why? WHY?!? What next, Decoys? Oh wait, someone in here already tried to get that one in. Like I'm really going to ask anything about Transformers MUSCLE. :p

El Chuxter
05-04-2010, 10:58 PM
C'mon, if they made Thunderwing or Skullgrin (who I always thought was a beautiful design, not especially well executed), wouldn't you want them to be Pretenders?

We do have one, count him, one, Targetmaster with Cyclonus, so a lone Pretender (I'm thinking Thunderwing) wouldn't be too strange.

JediTricks
05-04-2010, 11:37 PM
Pretenders wasn't a good concept, and it certainly wasn't well-executed. I absolutely would not want a toy of that. I am happy with Bludgeon not being one.

El Chuxter
05-04-2010, 11:52 PM
Not even Thunderwing, who was basically a Decepticon with transforming armor that made him a bigger Decepticon? Sigh.

He could come with the Matrix!

http://s90690880.onlinehome.us/jhiaxus/images/oddities/matrix/thunderwing_293_01.jpg

JediTricks
05-05-2010, 12:05 AM
Yes, not even this turdburglar of a toy should be remade: http://www.tfu.info/1989/Decepticon/Thunderwing/thunderwing.htm
"Let's slap shell after shell on this junk of a brick until it kinda looks like something!" is not a design concept worthy of repeating. Just because you found something entertaining in the comics doesn't mean it's remotely practical in the toy line.

El Chuxter
05-05-2010, 12:14 AM
Ah, but JT, you are acting like Bludgeon (http://www.tfu.info/1989/Decepticon/Bludgeon/bludgeon.htm) was a toy that was worth making the first time around. That toy sucked even worse than Thunderwing, and I'm not going to dispute that Thunderwing outsucks a factory full of iRoombas. (I should know. I was dumb enough to pick them both up when the stores started clearing out the G1 Transformers.)

I brought him up since both Bludgeon and Thunderwing were very important characters toward the end of the original comic, despite being two of the crappiest toys. Yet, with Bludgeon, they made a freaking amazing Classics/movie-style hybrid figure. However, I know it's impossible to ask about Thunderwing. Him being the only other Pretender anyone cares about (aside from maybe Carnivac, who had a decent story arc in the UK comics when he switched sides and joined the Wreckers... and not counting the "Pretenders Classics," who everyone loved, just not in those forms), I thought asking about reviving the Pretender concept might be a roundabout way to ask about Thunderwing without actually asking about Thunderwing. :)

JediTricks
05-05-2010, 12:30 AM
Pretenders sucked, Action Masters sucked, Decoys sucked. Those don't need to be replicated in modern style under any conditions, no matter how much you loved Pretenders characters in the Marvel comics, which I might add thought so little of the Pretenders concept that the characters rarely actually were shown as the regular Transformers underneath. I don't want a Circuit Breaker or Chip Chase figure either. May as well be asking me why I'm not on board with updating Animorphs.

Bottom line, you are asking me NOT about the characters but about the concept, and the Pretenders concept was a mess and the Pretenders execution sucked really bad. It's the worst possible way to beg them for a Thunderwing figure. And besides, if they're going deep enough into the well for Banzai-Tron, who knows what else they'll pull out.

2-1B
05-05-2010, 08:08 AM
Hells yeah I would want a Thunderwing and Bludgeon !

Darth Metalmute
05-05-2010, 09:46 AM
I didn't know Ohio was a city. ;)

Well we used to be a state. But now we only have the population of a city left.;)

I was only being semi-serious about the question. I just think that it would be an interesting toy line if they did the humans from transformers as transformers, like they did the Marvel superheros and Star Wars characters.

On a side note, I just looked up Thunderwing and Skullgrin, as I didn't remember them. What crappy transformers. I have a cool pretender, Carnivac.

Tycho
05-05-2010, 11:48 AM
On a serious note, they could make an Isabel Lucas as "Alice" action figure for the HA assortment - maybe packing both her "hottie form" and her Cybertronian mode in with a HA (Alternator) sized SideWays to give the HA line another Decepticon!

Another Decepticon.

Did you understand my point?

Another Decepticon.

OK - just checking:

A-n-o-t-h-e-r D-e-c-e-p-t-i-c-o-n.

I may be an Autobot fan, but my boys need some bad guys to beat up on!

JediTricks
05-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Hells yeah I would want a Thunderwing and Bludgeon !They already made Bludgeon. I'm assuming you're just being your normal self, poking your head in with a fake opinion. :p

Well we used to be a state. But now we only have the population of a city left.;)Dang, you are an Ohio Ohater! :p

I was only being semi-serious about the question. I just think that it would be an interesting toy line if they did the humans from transformers as transformers, like they did the Marvel superheros and Star Wars characters.
It's been asked, they said no. Only one ever is Kicker from Energon.

On a side note, I just looked up Thunderwing and Skullgrin, as I didn't remember them. What crappy transformers. I have a cool pretender, Carnivac.Thank you!

On a serious note, they could make an Isabel Lucas as "Alice" action figure for the HA assortment - maybe packing both her "hottie form" and her Cybertronian mode in with a HA (Alternator) sized SideWays to give the HA line another Decepticon!

Another Decepticon.

Did you understand my point?

Another Decepticon.

OK - just checking:

A-n-o-t-h-e-r D-e-c-e-p-t-i-c-o-n.

I may be an Autobot fan, but my boys need some bad guys to beat up on!I am going to run you over with my car. Then it'll be a Reverse Pretender, a car shell on top of a human body. At least for a few days, then it'll just be roadkill stuck to the bottom of my car.

El Chuxter
05-06-2010, 02:22 PM
What would you do if the next Transformers cartoon involved mass-shifting Transformer Pretenders who essentially totally disguised themselves as people, then transformed into cars, and all the toys were Pretenders?

I was being serious; I really think the improved technology could make some pretty cool Pretender figures. (Imagine also the Dinobots with synth-flesh from the IDW series (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/39/Dinobots-spotlight.jpg).) But if you don't like Pretenders, you don't have to ask it.

JediTricks
05-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Whether or not I like Pretenders isn't why I couldn't ask it. They forbid asking about hypotheticals and future product development.

What I would do though is I'd probably drop out of the hobby. :p

JediTricks
06-12-2010, 03:27 PM
The answers for round 10 have come in:

Darth Metalmute
06-14-2010, 08:28 AM
I don't think they take the questions seriously.

JediTricks
06-14-2010, 02:58 PM
That's a very good way to put it, I'd say that's how all their answers come across. I've been trying to express that for a few rounds and I think you got it.

Darth Metalmute
06-14-2010, 03:12 PM
The first answer seemed as if they tried to put as many words as possible into the word NO. Almost as if it was a company contest and the winner would get a college scholarship for their first born.

The second one, which I thought would have sparked an interesting debate/answer, almost came off as if we insulted them.

Maybe for the next round, we should just ask an off-the-wall question.
Like; "Who do you think would win in a fight movie Bumblebee or G1 Cliffjumper?"

Tycho
06-14-2010, 04:33 PM
How about: "Why can't your team be more specific and take more specific - even character-specific questions - like the Star Wars Team at Hasbro does?"

[Example: Will you make Scout Class BumbleBee, SideSwipe, Mudflap, and Skids? Human Alliance Class Rampage, Scrapper, and Sideways?]

Extra caveat: "We already know Darryl, Brian, and Mark are cooler than YOU guys, but since they're only a few offices away just down the hall, can't you get inspired? The Star Wars Team has great relations with their customers!"

Extra-extra caveat: "Everything they do is overseen by Lucasfilm and they offer very detailed answers anyway. Hasbro actually owns Transformers and you guys are mum. What gives?"

Don't ask them my product specific question, but rather ask them my question about asking them questions!

JediTricks
06-21-2010, 05:26 PM
We're a week away from the questions deadline.

JediTricks
06-25-2010, 09:12 PM
2 days left to get those questions in. Your thoughts will likely = questions asked*.

* - so long as they're not Tycho style silliness.

Darth Metalmute
06-26-2010, 11:04 AM
Does Hasbro plan on releasing more character codes for it's "War on Cybertron" Game? Maybe as a promotion with it's figure line?

JediTricks
06-28-2010, 12:41 AM
Ok, here's what we're sending in this round:

Questions from ActionFigs.com:

1) With Transformers: War for Cybertron having been released this week to great reception and Hasbro's statement at Botcon of a WFC repaint and possibly more to come, we wonder if perhaps Hasbro will be supporting the game in other ways. Will Hasbro be releasing more codes for the game, or perhaps some downloadable content to go with later figures, or something of that nature as cross-promotion for WFC?

2) With coverage coming out of Botcon right now, there seems to be a lack of information about Human Alliance after Jazz with Lennox and talk of a repainted Sideswipe with a new Mikaela. What is the word on the Human Alliance line, does it have a future? Will there be more Decepticons, perhaps with human prisoners or pretender Decepticon drivers? Will the line venture out into other expressions of the brand like G1 or Cybertron? Is it "on hiatus" to see what can be done with it in the next movie?

EDIT: Oh, and Chux, at Botcon they said they're doing a Thunderwing with detachable non-transforming drone in the Deluxe class.

Darth Metalmute
06-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Will the new Mikaela be in the likeness of the new actress portraying her?

Tycho
06-28-2010, 02:27 PM
Will the new Mikaela be in the likeness of the new actress portraying her?

Sam will have a new girlfriend. I think the new actress will be a new character, not Mikaela.

That's realistic too because sexy girls are also Transformers too - they change from what you desire into who will betray you and ruin your life - and they might possibly make you pay alimony for the rest of your life for it too.

See, maybe Megatron wants to enslave the human race, but women want to at least enslave half of it. Us guys were in danger long before the arrival of "the second wave" of Decepticons. The first wave was always here!

2) With coverage coming out of Botcon right now, there seems to be a lack of information about Human Alliance after Jazz with Lennox and talk of a repainted Sideswipe with a new Mikaela. What is the word on the Human Alliance line, does it have a future? Will there be more Decepticons, perhaps with human prisoners or pretender Decepticon drivers? Will the line venture out into other expressions of the brand like G1 or Cybertron? Is it "on hiatus" to see what can be done with it in the next movie?

JediTricks! Thank you so much for asking this question!

Yes, there needs to be bad guys as well as good guys in a line.

The Human Alliance line is a separate line from other Transformers.

1 Bad Guy (2 if you count Frenzy) - but there's only Barricade.

4 Good Guys (BumbleBee, Skids, Skideswipe, Mudflap)

Sorry it's time for Hasbro to even the odds out with this line even though I am an Autobot fan.

Rampage, Sideways, maybe Scrapper, could all be done in pretty reasonable scale to the human figures - and Alice is actually a Decepticon. Mr & Mrs. Witwicky could be human prisoners and there's also the Latino soldier who was killed in the first movie (by Scorpinok) or Defense Secretary Keller or Lennox's superior officer whom figures could be made of - fighting the Constructicons. In fact, the AirForce figures make the most sense so that this is an exciting combat-action line for the kids. But a Ron Witwicky hostage for Rampage would be a good choice, too. I don't think kids would want Sam's mom. But there's also the young Latino kid that was Sam's roommate in college. He could come "fighting" the Decepticons. But if you ask me - once again I say the human military figures make the best pack-ins. (Simmons was a great choice for Mudflap though).

Finally: JediTricks - do you like the HA line? Do you favor them (maybe not as the best line) but highly amongst other Transformers offerings - or would you not have cared if they ever made these figures?

Oh - lastly - Did you like the Alternators? Do you think the HA line is worthy to compare to Alts or do you think that by leaving room for human figures' interactions, this has resulted in the increase of kibble on HA products versus Alternators. (You know the human figures can ride in the right scale with Alternator figures though - don't you?)

JediTricks
06-28-2010, 04:10 PM
The line is pretty much dead, few mentions at Botcon is a very bad sign. I hope we get our answers before SDCC, but I'm beginning to think we won't (the deadline is July 19th, 2 days before SDCC, but they have missed every deadline this year). I personally can't wait to get Jazz, HTS has it on preorder for $30 but I'm hoping Amazon gets him in first (cheaper shipping, faster shipping, better customer service). That said, HA has its limitations, it's a good line between regular TF and Alternators but it has its share of flaws too, and I think the price is too high to get kids interested. I liked Alternators on a sliding scale, were it not for Mirage it would be a fully downward-sliding scale, but it too had its limitations. I think the HA line is doomed to having few ideas left to mine from the movies, hence I mentioned other sources like G1. I think they'll shoot it down wholesale, but we didn't have a lot of activity in here so I figured if this was our last hurrah, we'd at least ask the questions and let them know why there's not more interest in Q&A.

Darth Metalmute
06-28-2010, 05:00 PM
I would just be happy if I saw Barricade again.

Tycho
06-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Barricade's been sitting on the shelf at my Sears Essentials. I think they're slightly higher priced - maybe $34.99 instead of $29.99, but HasbroToyShop probably has Barricade. I just wish Mudflap was in stock.

I wish people would see it as them being all-wrong about Decepticon HA figures.

Transformers of that scale all turning into cars is so predictable and repetative it IS unexciting now.

On that scale you could do a steam shovel and a bulldozer (granted they'd be slightly smaller than they should bee) and Sideways would of course be a car anyway.

I suppose they might try a helicopter like the Tonka Toys' single-human-piloted helicopter and that could keep one in the price range for this line - however it's not the way I'd want Blackout or Grindor to be represented. But actually, they could make the cockpit a 2-4 seater for the scale of the HA figures, but even still "a real helicopter" on a 1:1 scale with those figures would be huge in comparison to the HA scale vehicles (probably). Blackout is some kind of giant troop transport gunship and way bigger than an HA bot.

El Chuxter
06-28-2010, 06:29 PM
Awesome! Thunderwing!! I am happy!

El Chuxter
07-06-2010, 02:27 PM
I've got two possibilities, though one might skirt a little close to the off-limits territory:

1) Over the years, there has been a lot of mention of "The Original Thirteen." Yet there has been no firm, conclusive information about who constitutes the Thirteen, just a couple of confirmed members and a lot of speculation. Will we ever actually get a handy, definitive list, or will information continue to come out in slow, piecemeal fashion? Why was it decided that there is only one each of Unicron, Primus, and the Thirteen in all the separate, otherwise unconnected, Transformers continuities? Can you confirm whether Maccadam and Liege Maximo are indeed among the Thirteen, or just really, really old? And is Megatronus Prime, first mentioned in the recent Exodus novel, indeed the same as The Fallen, as most online sites have already reported as fact (though it's not at all clear from the novel itself)?

2) Without getting into "are you making this" territory, would an iconic but non-transforming character such as the "basic" Quintesson design from The Transformers: The Movie or Nightbird from the second season of the original cartoon be possibilities for the Generations line, or are such characters strictly off-limits because of this?

JediTricks
07-13-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm thinking of sending in this round early, so as to avoid any problems with Comic-Con scheduling. I'm moving the date up to a week from today, so Tuesday the 20th.

I've got two possibilities, though one might skirt a little close to the off-limits territory:

1) Over the years, there has been a lot of mention of "The Original Thirteen." Yet there has been no firm, conclusive information about who constitutes the Thirteen, just a couple of confirmed members and a lot of speculation. Will we ever actually get a handy, definitive list, or will information continue to come out in slow, piecemeal fashion? Why was it decided that there is only one each of Unicron, Primus, and the Thirteen in all the separate, otherwise unconnected, Transformers continuities? Can you confirm whether Maccadam and Liege Maximo are indeed among the Thirteen, or just really, really old? And is Megatronus Prime, first mentioned in the recent Exodus novel, indeed the same as The Fallen, as most online sites have already reported as fact (though it's not at all clear from the novel itself)?Mentioned at Botcon already, a project called "Once Upon a Time on Cybertron", search that here: http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=13797

2) Without getting into "are you making this" territory, would an iconic but non-transforming character such as the "basic" Quintesson design from The Transformers: The Movie or Nightbird from the second season of the original cartoon be possibilities for the Generations line, or are such characters strictly off-limits because of this? This question needs a rewrite because Hasbro already made a Quintesson figure of sorts (a $20-class, no less) in the Energon line in the form of Alpha Quintesson.

El Chuxter
07-13-2010, 02:09 PM
But that wouldn't be the Quintesson design from the 1986 movie. :)

Thanks for the heads-up on the 13.

JediTricks
07-13-2010, 03:57 PM
But that wouldn't be the Quintesson design from the 1986 movie. :)

Thanks for the heads-up on the 13.
I know it's not from the '86 movie, but since your question wasn't "getting into 'are you making this' territory", the existence of Alpha Q answered your broader question so it couldn't work. The problem is you ARE trying to get into "are you making this" territory through the back door, but they'll just answer through the front door and leave you hanging without either side of the question.

Sure thing on the 13, I would have asked it but luckily I skimmed the botcon news just enough to know to look for that, and found it.

JediTricks
07-16-2010, 02:55 AM
2) Without getting into "are you making this" territory, would an iconic but non-transforming character such as the "basic" Quintesson design from The Transformers: The Movie or Nightbird from the second season of the original cartoon be possibilities for the Generations line, or are such characters strictly off-limits because of this?Such weird timing, the Canadian TFcon is offering a non-licensed exclusive Nightbird figure: http://www.tfcon.ca/gallery/TFcon-2010-Night-bird
That'll probably annoy Hasbro quite a bit. :p

JediTricks
07-20-2010, 09:26 PM
Well, it turns out I goofed on the date, the turn-in date for the next round is August 9th, which explains why we haven't even gotten this round back yet (it was due yesterday).

El Chuxter
07-20-2010, 09:32 PM
Someone else put it better than I can:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tycho
07-21-2010, 12:18 PM
I am prepared to beg Hasbro (at Comic Con) for the next 4 days for:

Leader Class Blackout / Grindor

Human Alliance / Human Nemesis Decepticon figures including Sideways, Rampage, Scavenger

Scout Class BumbleBee, SideSwipe, Jolt, Mudflap, Skids (to fit with scaling down Ratchet and Ironhide to Deluxe figures).

JediTricks
08-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Ok, the date is coming up, end of this week. Questions? Yes please!

El Chuxter
08-05-2010, 12:03 AM
Is there any way to ask when Thundercracker can join his brethren? No? Ah well.

Okay, here's a serious one that probably would be allowed:

"You've shown an upcoming Transformers Generations figure who is called Darkmount. He's clearly based on the Decepticon dictator from the Marvel Comics series, Lord Straxus, but takes his name from Straxus's castle. Why isn't the figure called Straxus, or possibly Lord Straxus or Decepticon Straxus?"

Tycho
08-06-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm sorry to not be able to contribute. I asked my questions here and at Comic Con already and I don't really have new concerns.

I just didn't want it to appear my enthusiasm for the line was any less.

My wants (already asked Hasbro for):

HUMAN ALLIANCE (Human Nemesis)

Rampage with Sam Witwicky prisoner and Legends (or non-transforming) Ravage
Sideways with Alice (x2 - Cybertronian and Isabel Lucas pretender forms)
Scrapper vs the FTJ internet guy from Sam's dorm and non-transforming Scorponok

SUPREME HUMAN ALLIANCE

Ironhide with Captain Lennox (would be an Ironhide figure approx. LC size)

LEADER CLASS:

Blackout / Grindor

VOYAGER CLASS:

Bonecrusher
3rd movie Megatron
3rd movie Starscream

DELUXE CLASS:

Nothing

SCOUT CLASS:

BumbleBee
SideSwipe
Mudflap
Skids
Jolt
Mixmaster
Long Haul
Scavenger
Overload
Rampage
HighTower
Scrapper
Soundwave (but not sure on his actual scale size)

LEGENDS CLASS:

Nothing

And that sort of summarizes what I'd buy and/or all I'm interested in.

However, the new Deluxe and Scout Military Vehicles we saw at Comic Con are going into my collection as well (helicopter, missile launcher tank, armored personnel carrier that fits into Voyager SeaSpray).

JediTricks
08-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Is there any way to ask when Thundercracker can join his brethren? No? Ah well.I already asked that in the last round on TFV, they said they were working on it but it'd be a while still.

Okay, here's a serious one that probably would be allowed:

"You've shown an upcoming Transformers Generations figure who is called Darkmount. He's clearly based on the Decepticon dictator from the Marvel Comics series, Lord Straxus, but takes his name from Straxus's castle. Why isn't the figure called Straxus, or possibly Lord Straxus or Decepticon Straxus?"It's a licensing issue, apparently the name is used on another comic book company's character and they've pursued it more recently, so Hasbro doesn't want to try to defend their copyright. This is really common with Transformers, though such an unusual name being nicked is odd.

El Chuxter
08-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Any idea what? I ran a quick Google search before posting that, and the only result I found was related to the Transformer.

JediTricks
08-07-2010, 02:50 PM
I was mistaken, it's Doctor Who, actually. And not even the show, a Doctor Who radio drama from 2008, Straxus is a MINOR character. I think Hasbro wussed out on this one too easily.

El Chuxter
08-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Not to belabor the point, but there was at least one non-G1 character named Straxus at one point in the toyline, right? And why not go with "Lord Straxus," since he's actually called that at times.

JediTricks
08-07-2010, 02:56 PM
There have been no toys named Straxus ever: http://tfu.info/alpha/s.htm

Why not go with "Lord Straxus"? I don't know, if you can craft a decent question about the matter before tomorrow, I'll send it in. Though they never sent us back the Qs from the last round so we'll have to push on that (I know who to talk to if that's needed, but I'd rather not have to).

El Chuxter
08-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Huh. I must've mixed him up with Jhiaxxus (who I know there's been at least one figure of).

"We've seen an upcoming Transformers Generations figure who is called Darkmount. He's clearly based on the Decepticon dictator from the Marvel Comics series, Lord Straxus, but takes his name from Straxus's castle. Apparently, the figure is not being called simply 'Straxus' due to a character from Doctor Who who shares this name. However, in the past, you've often added words to questionable names, like 'Autobot Jazz' or GIJoe's 'Ssgt. Rock n Roll.' Why did you opt to call this character 'Darkmount,' rather than 'Lord Straxus' (which actually appears in his comic appearance) or 'Decepticon Straxus'?"

JediTricks
08-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Yeah, there's 1 Jhiaxus figure, I can see the confusion from similar names.

Unless a miracle happens and we get a bunch more awesome questions, I can see that one getting asked tomorrow night.

El Chuxter
08-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Yeah, there's 1 Jhiaxus figure, I can see the confusion from similar names.

Plus they're both comic-only (until now) Decepticon commanders who transform into flying weapons of mass destruction. :D

JediTricks
08-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Well, Straxus/Darkmount is surely going to be more effective a figure than Jhiaxus, who was just a repaint of an existing Beast Machines Jetstorm figure.

JediTricks
08-09-2010, 01:47 AM
Alright, here's what we're sending in this round. HOPEFULLY we'll get an answer this time, and we'll try to get the last round answered as well.

1) We've seen an upcoming Transformers Generations figure who is called Darkmount. He's clearly based on the Decepticon dictator from the Marvel Comics series, Lord Straxus, but the figure takes his name from Straxus's castle. Apparently, the figure is not being called simply 'Straxus' due to - as best as we can figure out - a somewhat obscure character from a Doctor Who radio drama that shares the name. However, in the past, you've often added words to copyright-issue names like 'Autobot Jazz' or GI Joe's 'Sgt. Rock n Roll.' Why did you opt to call this character 'Darkmount,' rather than using a modifier such as 'Lord Straxus' (which actually appears in his comic appearance) or even 'Decepticon Straxus'?

2) The recent Human Alliance Mudflap with Simmons set hit shelves in dreadfully low numbers, causing many fans to miss out altogether, and the figure goes for double on ebay when it's even available. It seems like this particular Human Alliance figure got caught in the "last wave of the old packaging" syndrome, getting ordered and shelved in much lower numbers simply because it was the last Human Alliance wave to get the red packaging before the reset - although some fans theorize it's because Skids hasn't moved so well at market. Current case assortment listings show no sign of Mudflap's re-release in the new orange packaging for at least the next few waves. What definitively happened with Human Alliance Mudflap, and will we see it again? Doesn't it seem a waste to invest in all that design and tooling only to see it not get paid off due to a short run?

Tycho
08-09-2010, 03:14 AM
I am so glad we are asking about HA Mudflap! :yes:

I really want this one.

El Chuxter
08-10-2010, 02:49 AM
I forget: has the issue of the impossible-to-find Legends Wheelie, Cosmos, and Warpath been addressed, especially in light of the switch to "Generations"?

I'd kill to have a little Wheelie riding on Grimlock's shoulder right now. :(

JediTricks
08-10-2010, 04:00 PM
It was brought up at Botcon last year, and again several times in Q&A. Bottom line is they came out, they made it to retail, and that's that. They'll consider another release avenue maybe, but for now, boom, done.

JediTricks
09-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Hmm, not good. It's been a week since we were supposed to hear from Hasbro about the answers on the last round, and not a peep. I'm guessing we'll hear from their PR folks about a delay tomorrow, but who knows. The deadline for the next round is 1 week from today, but it's looking pretty bad, like we're not going to get answers for the 2 rounds of outstanding question as it is. That said, if by some miracle we do and the next round is on, I'll take whatever ya gots.

Darth Metalmute
09-07-2010, 09:36 AM
I don't know if this question will qualify under the TF guide lines but here goes:

With new character and map packs coming out for WFC Transformers, are there plans to develop more figures for this game?

JediTricks
09-07-2010, 03:10 PM
This was discussed at Comic-Con, after Megs and Soundwave, they're going to let it rest for a development cycle and see if there's more interest.

Darth Metalmute
09-07-2010, 03:24 PM
This was discussed at Comic-Con, after Megs and Soundwave, they're going to let it rest for a development cycle and see if there's more interest.

In other words, no. From what I can tell, only about one to two thousand people are playing the game on-line at any given moment. Thats amounts to one gameroom of Halo 3 at 3:00 A.M.

Did they have pics of Soundwave? Did he come with tapes?

JediTricks
09-07-2010, 03:45 PM
"Not right now, possibly later" is more like it, they don't want to go all-in only to find out the game has fallen off in interest after 6 months. But WFC is part of the "new canon" going forward, so I would bet we'll see more designs soon enough.

They had pics of Soundwave, he's pretty cool-looking, no tapes though, but his battery weapons are stowed similarly.

Darth Metalmute
09-07-2010, 04:25 PM
I found some pics of him on youtube. Nice looking figure. I might pick him up. I would have definitely picked him up if he was in the Voyager class line-up. He would have really been neat as a triple-changer with Laser Beak, Frenzy and Rumble.

I understand why they didn't make WFC voyager figures, but this one could have been amazing.

Tycho
09-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Entertainment Earth e-mailed me and said they shipped my Human Alliance Mudflap. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and post when I get him.

Meanwhile, since I'm sure he's in the original packaging, I vote we keep the question in the que (about his re-release) since a lot of others may not have him (and mine hasn't arrived yet either - though I haven't checked the mail today).

JediTricks
09-09-2010, 05:48 PM
It's not in queue, it's already been asked, we're just waiting on the response.

Tycho
09-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Well my Mudflap came in the mail yesterday!

I'm going to open him and put him with my HA BumbleBee, SideSwipe and Skids today.

I have a separate display for my other BumbleBee, Barricade, and Jazz.

NEED HA DECEPTICONS (or call it Human Nemesis!)

Sideways with Alice ('bot and Isabel Lucas modes) :love:
Rampage with Sam Witwicky prisoner and / or Legends Ravage pack-in.
Scrapper (EU to the movie mostly) with threatened Sam's roommate, maybe pack-in Scorponok

I'm not sure what other Decepticons approach the right scale size, but I'm in a hurry right now.

You can always have a figure of Mrs. Witwicky. While I'd like that as a collector, a female character other than Alice or Mikaela would be a failure, most likely.

JediTricks
09-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Ok, with only hours to go, we have... NO questions ready to go. Since we have 4 questions still outstanding, I guess I'll just come up with something quick and kick it out the door...

- Now that we've heard Hasbro's thoughts on Power Core Combiners via Comic-Con about how they're supposed to open the door to casual consumers who want to be a part of combiners without spending more than $20, the line of thinking makes some sense. That said, the engineering on these is not cutting it so far. Connection joints that don't stay engaged properly, legs/feet that aren't standing, limb figures that require manual transformations, core figures that can't properly balance or even stay connected. The ideas seem there, but the executions seem unfortunately a bit lacking. It's bad enough we can't even get limb figures that transform into robots, only drones, but to have the finished robot be unstable and problematic seems like it's not really giving those newcomers the full Transformers combiner experience. Will the PCC engineering problems be addressed, or is this pretty much the fate of the line? Will there be a step up in limb design, even possibly adding real robot modes instead of drones, even if it means slightly increased price? What about releasing a system to combine the existing core/commander figures?
- When asked at last year's Botcon about the very hard to find Universe Legends Wave 5 - Cosmos, Wheelie, Warpath, and Hot Rod - Hasbro explained why Legends are a unique marketing challenge in the US, said there were no specific plans at that time, but then said maybe those figures would get a re-release here as an exclusive or through HasbroToyShop. Since then though, over a year has gone by and nothing has been heard on that front, despite a new Classics-themed line, a new G1 Masterpiece figure, and G1 returning to TV screens via Hasbro's The Hub cable channel. In that time, we've seen a mountain of exclusive sets with tons of repacks come and go through virtually every retailer in existence, yet none of them have these nifty G1 Legends figures in their original styling (yes, a few have been repainted as new characters, but it's not the same). Surely there's room in the exclusives program for a few little Legends figures that fans have been champing at the bit to buy. So, is there any hope for getting a re-release on those G1 Legends Cosmos, Wheelie, Warpath, and Hot Rod? How about if we ask nicely? How about if we beg? How about if we promise to buy 3 of each? What will it take to get this done?

JediTricks
09-14-2010, 05:53 PM
Well, we got 2 "answers" from the August 9th questions, but not the round prior...

Um, wow.

El Chuxter
09-14-2010, 08:14 PM
It's like they don't even want to answer the questions, isn't it?

ca phe sua nong (http://whiteonricecouple.com/recipes/vietnamese-hot-coffee-recipe/)

Tycho
09-14-2010, 09:50 PM
I feel really fortunate to have gotten my HA Mudflap now!

JediTricks
09-18-2010, 01:53 AM
It's like they don't even want to answer the questions, isn't it?

ca phe sua nong (http://whiteonricecouple.com/recipes/vietnamese-hot-coffee-recipe/)
It definitely feels that way, yes.

El Chuxter
10-21-2010, 05:30 PM
Watching "Fire in the Sky" on Hub last night made me think of another one, one they might actually answer if they still have the info.

In the Sunbow animated series, a character who is clearly based on Jetfire appears under the name Skyfire. The same character model is used in the Marvel comic, but as Jetfire. The name Skyfire did not appear elsewhere in Generation 1, though it's popped up since. To date, there's never been an answer as to why the character's name was changed only for the cartoon. Could you shed some light on why the name was changed in the cartoon, and put 26 years of speculation to rest?

JediTricks
10-21-2010, 05:41 PM
"Legal reasons" according to the show bible. I can ask, but judging by the answers we get (and in the last round's case, don't get), I don't know how satisfying the answer would be.

JediTricks
10-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Sunday is the cutoff date for the next round, despite not having 2 rounds' worth of questions back yet.

I have a family emergency going on, but I will try to take care of this round so any questions or votes would be handy.

JediTricks
11-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Here's what we sent in for this round:

1) Lately, the Revenge of the Fallen line figures seem to have been moving away from the movie aesthetic, especially since the start of "Hunt for the Decepticons". Brimstone and Hubcap, Terradive and Tomahawk, Seaspray - even Human Alliance Jazz to some degree - those are all movie-line figures that feel in many ways more traditional in their styling. Was that shift away from some of the movie universe's more outlandish design stylings intentional with the latest toys, and what prompted that shift?

2) In the G1 animated series, a character who is clearly based on Jetfire appears under the name Skyfire, his first episode even recently re-aired on Hasbro's The Hub. The same character model was used in the Marvel comic, but as Jetfire. The name "Skyfire" did not appear elsewhere in Generation 1, though it's popped up since. To date, there's never been a real answer as to why the character's name was changed only for the cartoon. Could you shed some light on why the name was changed in the cartoon, and put 26 years of speculation to rest?

EDIT: I'm getting word that something has gone wrong with the questions we meant to send in on September 13th, so they aren't getting answered since it looks like Hasbro never got them. We're trying to work out the June 28th missing questions still, so the plan is that we'll resubmit the Sept 13th questions in the next round - barring a massively superior question from you guys being added between now and January - and Hasbro will try to make good on the June 28th questions separately.

El Chuxter
11-18-2010, 10:25 PM
Almost pointless to ask, since they love non-answers, but:

"Transformers: Prime debuted in late November on Black Friday, a month before Christmas, and during the prime (if you'll forgive the pun) of the holiday shopping season. However, there are no toys based on the show, and none have been revealed to be in the works until (likely) the middle of 2011. The situation with GIJoe: Renegades is similar (though, in that case, it's rumored that there will be no Renegades line, and the figures will appear in an extended Pursuit of Cobra line). On the surface, this seems insane for a toy company to assume partial control of a TV network in the fall and debut cartoons based on their flagship properties so close to Christmas without any toys available. Can you shed some light on why you chose to handle things this way?"

Really, I'm dying to know, as it makes no &^%$ing sense to me. These shows are both guaranteed to at least have enough attention from adult collectors to sustain a few waves easily even if they're the worst bombs in Transformers or Joe history.

JediTricks
11-20-2010, 06:09 PM
I'll keep it in queue for later, I think it's a fair question.

El Chuxter
11-24-2010, 10:54 AM
It might be even more extreme. HisStank is reporting that the Renegades line will launch in FALL 2011. If it's the same with Prime, that's just ludicrous.

JediTricks
12-01-2010, 07:46 PM
The answers to our last questions have come back:

We'll continue to work on getting answers to the missing questions.

Tycho
12-02-2010, 12:58 AM
Thanks for getting these answers, JediTricks. :thumbsup:

It made for interesting reading.

El Chuxter
12-02-2010, 01:24 AM
Funny thing, the non-answer on Skyfire is more satisfying than any of their previous non-answers. At least they read the question and looked into it (or had the presence of mind to lie about looking into it).

Tycho
12-02-2010, 01:25 AM
Funny thing, the non-answer on Skyfire is more satisfying than any of their previous non-answers. At least they read the question and looked into it (or had the presence of mind to lie about looking into it).

That's what I was thinking, too.

JediTricks
12-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Funny thing, the non-answer on Skyfire is more satisfying than any of their previous non-answers. At least they read the question and looked into it (or had the presence of mind to lie about looking into it).I felt the same way about it, both here and on my TF site's answers. It's a respect for the fans who asked the question that hasn't been coming through in previous answers lately.

El Chuxter
12-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Asking about the never-produced Voyager-class Classics Cosmos... would it be off-limits since it's a question about a hypothetical product, or fair game since it's something that they're aware everyone knows about? Just seems with the fan-drooling that occurred when the design hit the web a few years back, they should've seen the anticipation, and you'd think it would've finally have been produced by now.

JediTricks
12-07-2010, 07:22 PM
I'm betting you mean the Titanium Series 6" Cosmos since I don't know of a Voyager-class design that everybody's seen that was canceled. What would the question be?

El Chuxter
12-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Sorry, he was a Deluxe:
http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/2/2c/Classics_cosmos_concept.gif

JediTricks
12-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Ah, I see, didn't know about that aspect until now. It was originally planned as a deluxe for Classics, deemed too boring, then produced as a prototype for Titaniums before that line folded: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:TitaniumSeries-Cosmos.jpg

Anyway, what would your question be?

El Chuxter
02-09-2011, 03:55 PM
I can't come up with a properly nice way to ask, but any chance we can ask why there's such a massive disparity, aesthetically and quality-wise, between Jazz and the other G1 updates? Most of the updates have gotten better as time goes by (as with other toy lines), but Jazz looks like he would've been "cheap" back when the first wave of Classics came out, and looks far too cartoony. (Octane is the only Classics figure I'd consider to be worse than Jazz, and that's pretty bad.)

JediTricks
02-09-2011, 04:03 PM
What do you think is cheap about Jazz's sculpt? I like most of it, although the face is too ticked off. The white parts are hollow (except for the forearms, which are actually cast in black and painted white) so there is an issue on the sculpting, but largely I don't see what you mean. I do notice the vehicle mode suffers horribly from a lack of deco, but that doesn't sound like what you're describing.

El Chuxter
02-09-2011, 05:45 PM
My main issue is how floppy the upper torso is, since it doesn't lock into place. If you were able to lock it, please let me know how.

Darth Metalmute
02-10-2011, 09:19 AM
I wasn't able to lock mine in place either. Very weak torso.

JediTricks
02-10-2011, 04:33 PM
No, the torso joint does have no lock, I think because they engineered themselves into a corner with the hood tabs sucking in, although they could have used friction pegs or a gear-lock.

Jazz definitely has problems, I gave a pretty harsh review for that problem, I just don't see it as being exceptionally worse than other Classics figures. Astrotrain, Octane, Prowl, Galvatron, Ironhide, Grimlock - not to mention Dinobot, Cheetor, and Hot Shot - even Hot Rod and the baseline Seeker mold, they all have some issues due to engineering muckups, I don't see how Jazz is a massive step down from, say, Ironhide. Granted, this most recent Generations line has been delivering a better track record, but once you get Perceptor, Jazz's problems won't seem so singular (I found this out last night).

El Chuxter
02-10-2011, 04:43 PM
This makes me sad; I was really looking forward to Perceptor.

I guess my problem with Jazz in particular is that he has trouble remaining in robot mode due to the muck-up in the chest assembly. Ironhide, Starscream, Prowl, Drift, Grimlock--even crappy Octane--at least can stay in robot mode without the worry they'll collapse into themselves.

(I had no interest in Hot Shot at all, and passed on Dinobot and Cheetor not because I dislike them, but because entering a whole 'nother era of remade Transformers toys was a Pandora's Box I didn't want to open.)