PDA

View Full Version : Role-Play toys

LTBasker
02-27-2002, 07:25 PM
Is anyone planning on getting stuff like the Jedi Action set and the Jango double nerf blasters? Personally I think that stuff is rather interesting for costume ideas or just to play around with, anyone know how big the belts on these will be? I get the feeling I'll need to remove the holsters and get my own belt for'em. :D

Beast
02-27-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Is anyone planning on getting stuff like the Jedi Action set and the Jango double nerf blasters? Personally I think that stuff is rather interesting for costume ideas or just to play around with, anyone know how big the belts on these will be? I get the feeling I'll need to remove the holsters and get my own belt for'em. :D
I may get the electronic Jango Fett Blasters or the Nerf ones, if they have been actually chromed, and not just painted chrome like the Royal Starship was. That would have been so cool if they had taken the time to actually chrome it. :D I'll probably also pick up Dooku's saber, cause I can't afford the 299.99 real metal hilt. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-27-2002, 07:56 PM
Might be vac-metal but whatever it is it does look like it's not just paint, too reflective to be just paint.

dexter_finster
02-27-2002, 11:35 PM
I'll be getting every Hasbro saber available, and *maybe* the Jedi set...

LTBasker
02-28-2002, 01:03 AM
Are there clips on the Electronic Count Dooku saber & Obi-Wan sabers? Anyone know?

JediTricks
02-28-2002, 02:27 AM
No usable clip on the Obi-Wan saber since it's just a retread of the Electronic Ep 1 Obi-Wan saber. I'm betting the same with the Dooku one, the electronics never have clips because of their blades.

I'll be getting the Anakin and Dooku electronic sabers, some of the non-electronic "basic" sabers, and maybe some electronic weapons - though I already have the battle droid blaster from its E1 release.

LTBasker
02-28-2002, 03:47 AM
I think I'll get the battle droid blaster this time around to go with those Nerf blasters, mostly because it looks like that this time it won't have that giant Episode 1 sticker on it, it's purely the same except for the sticker, and I don't like peeling off stickers that much due to the residue it leaves behind, plus I want to try to get alot more E2 stuff, when E1 came out I didn't get to get alot because of the higher prices.

Any chance of a non-electronic Dooku saber? That one rocks. Also I wish instead of the clips they'd make it a belt clip and just put the D ring on the saber then include the part for the belts. 'Course just getting one of those parts for the belt I assume would be really easy and then you could just hook the regular belt clip to the belt piece so the blade wouldn't fall out cause isn't it just rubies that had the sliding piece to lock the blade from coming out?

JEDIpartner
02-28-2002, 10:03 AM
As far as I know that was a feature exclusive to the Rubies models. Deos anyone know if Rubies will be throwing their hat into the ring again? It seems like those (chubby, little, ugly) Hasbro sabers are filling the role of the Rubies ones.

Beast
02-28-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
As far as I know that was a feature exclusive to the Rubies models. Deos anyone know if Rubies will be throwing their hat into the ring again? It seems like those (chubby, little, ugly) Hasbro sabers are filling the role of the Rubies ones.
Which is way to bad, I wanted a nice non-electronic Count Dooku hilt, but I didn't wanna pay $299.99 for the nice metal movie replica. :cry: Oh well, guess I'll have to make due with the Hasbro one, even though I hate how the blades don't come off, or arn't fully retractable into the hilt. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
02-28-2002, 12:22 PM
I'm not 100% sure that that is the case. I merely stated that. It just seems that things have been pretty quiet regarding any AOTC merchandising from the folks at Rubies. They had a really great product line. All of their stuff was relatively affordable and quite adaptable.

dexter_finster
02-28-2002, 01:55 PM
FYI yes, Rubies *will* be playing again! :D

TF.N had a thing in their collecting section the week all the toyfair stuff came out. They will have sabers for Anakin, Dooku and Mace. They also will have a bunch of Jedi costumes, Jango, and more.

JEDIpartner
02-28-2002, 02:15 PM
Thank you very much for the update on the Rubies situation. I am quite happy to hear that they will be in the arena with Hasblah! I'm sure quite a few others will be happy to hear this as well!

Beast
02-28-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by dexter_finster
FYI yes, Rubies *will* be playing again! :D
TF.N had a thing in their collecting section the week all the toyfair stuff came out. They will have sabers for Anakin, Dooku and Mace. They also will have a bunch of Jedi costumes, Jango, and more.
Cool, thanks for the info. Hopefully the Dooku saber looks decent, loved the look of the hilt. Definatly made to cater to the fact that Christopher Lee is an accomplished fencer. :D God, I can't wait for May 16th to see the movie. I'm going crazy! :crazed:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JetsAndHeels
02-28-2002, 03:00 PM
Youre not the only one JarJar.
The anticipation to this movie seems greater to me than it did for TPM in 1999.
I hate to wish my life away, but the time is just dragging by!!

LTBasker
02-28-2002, 03:24 PM
Oh yea! Definitely gonna get some rubies sabers. :) I just hope they don't have to make the blade real short on Dooku's due to the bending, 'course I guess they could just make it thinner than usual. :D

dexter_finster
02-28-2002, 03:51 PM
From the pics I saw at TF.N, the Dooku saber looks ok, but they took a minor liberty with the hilt. It looks like they've eliminated the bend in the hilt nearest the emitter end to allow room for the blade to retract all the way into the handle... otherwise it looks pretty close to the real deal.

EDIT: here's a link for you all...

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=episode2/newspics/rubies-1.jpg

LTBasker
02-28-2002, 04:11 PM
Hmm, definitely gotta pick up those sabers! Dooku's looks ok even thought they straightened it, should be still fun to play with, looks like it's also electronic. :D True it most likely only lights up but it's still a cool feature. :cool:

Mace's saber is pretty cool, though those masks in the costumes are kinda... :eek:

Hmm, if anyone still wants to dress up as Amidala in the retake of the palace in E1 theres the tiny blaster right there she and Panaka used in the final scene and there was a supersoaker gun that was released for E1 2-3 years ago which was her long blaster. ;)

Beast
02-28-2002, 04:26 PM
I'm a bit disapointed in Dooku's since I was hoping that they would keep the curves intact. But I can understand that they wanted a retractable blade. Oh well, better then nothing and the Mace Windu saber looks sweet as hell. Definatly have to pick that one up, since I love the color purple. :D And yes LTB, those masks are pretty freaky, especially the Mace Windu one. Looks like Leatherface has been at work.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Paul-Kenobi
03-01-2002, 03:08 AM
hey i got some scans of the Rubies sabers and costumes if ya wanna see them let me know so ill post em here.

Ps the scans are kinda washed out but you can still see them alright