PDA

View Full Version : Dllr Nep and Plourr Ilo Comic Pack - Internet Exclusive

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-09-2010, 04:46 PM
As Hasbro said in one of their recent Q&As, the Dllr Nep and Plourr Ilo comic pack was pulled from the final Walmart exclusive wave due to objectionable content (apparently a child gets murdered, or something). It's apparently been picked up as an online exclusive, which you can pre-order at Brian's Toys (http://www.brianstoys.com/store/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=S9LMECPLOURRILODLLRNEPC 9) or Entertainment Earth (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS93272). It's sort of steep at $17.99 plus shipping, considering they're just reused bodies with new heads, so I might wait off on this one a bit. Still, at least they're getting it out there, so hopefully the other canceled sets could get released this way.

Old Fossil
03-09-2010, 04:53 PM
Y'all are welcome to 'em. I don't need no more pilots.

JediTricks
03-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Y'all are welcome to 'em. I don't need no more pilots.
I'm right with you. More silly alien pilots do nothing for me. I'm overloaded on Ten Numbs as-is, so another one of that head is meaningless to me, even with a beard. And I just got a female X-wing pilot so I really don't need a bald one.

Old Fossil
03-10-2010, 05:13 PM
I would buy the black X-Wing pilot from ROTJ, I guess. I plan on buying Dack but will keep him carded. With the three Rebel Pilot Evolutions sets we've had, plus TLC Nien Nunb pilot, and Snowspeeder Luke, I'm just tired of seeing 'em. EU pilots I've never heard of? No thanks.

JediTricks
03-10-2010, 06:29 PM
I would buy the black X-Wing pilot from ROTJ, I guess. I plan on buying Dack but will keep him carded. With the three Rebel Pilot Evolutions sets we've had, plus TLC Nien Nunb pilot, and Snowspeeder Luke, I'm just tired of seeing 'em. EU pilots I've never heard of? No thanks.
You mean mister "She's gonna blow!", that pilot? I love that guy! :D Grizz Frix is his name. If you can look past the neck color, you could make him from a Lando head, any X-wing pilot body that has the ball joint neck, and Dutch Vander's helmet (it's the same prop in the movie), it's not like Lando head sculpts are all that accurate so it's a black guy with a mustache under a helmet. But the neck color would bug me, so I'd prefer they made him. He's not on my "needs-to-be-made" list, but would be close. And like you said, well above any EU pilot, I am piloted out.

DarkArtist
03-11-2010, 10:22 AM
You mean mister "She's gonna blow!", that pilot? I love that guy! :D Grizz Frix is his name. If you can look past the neck color, you could make him from a Lando head, any X-wing pilot body that has the ball joint neck, and Dutch Vander's helmet (it's the same prop in the movie), it's not like Lando head sculpts are all that accurate so it's a black guy with a mustache under a helmet. But the neck color would bug me, so I'd prefer they made him. He's not on my "needs-to-be-made" list, but would be close. And like you said, well above any EU pilot, I am piloted out.

so want a figure of Grizz as well..might have to try to make one myself. will have to see about trying to match a brown paint for the neck.

I love the whole Rogue Squadron series so I'll be ordering at least one of the sets but agree that the price is way steep...plus after you add on shipping it's going to be one expensive set of figures.

mtriv73
03-11-2010, 10:43 AM
I, on the other hand, can't get enough pilots so I pre-ordered them from Big Bad Toy Store. Since I already have a bunch of stuff in my pile of loot, shipping is going to be minimal.

DarkJedi5
03-11-2010, 12:45 PM
I have also preordered mine. I'm a much bigger fan of the novels than the comics but Rogue Squadron is pretty much the reason why I'm literate so I would probably buy just about any Rogue there is.

DarkArtist
04-08-2010, 07:13 AM
just wanted to let everyone know that the last wave of Comic Packs in up on HTS. ordered the complete series and an extra Kyle Katarn/Yuzzen Vong..

Darth Commander
04-11-2010, 08:24 PM
IDK.. I agree with some of the others, there are too many pilot figs out there so I probably will not buy this comic pack but I do like that they are making more and more EU figures

DarkJedi5
04-11-2010, 08:34 PM
I got the set and it turned out well enough. There isn't much new here but as a fan of all things Rogue I'm very happy with the set.

El Chuxter
04-11-2010, 09:13 PM
So these were pulled because a kid gets killed in the comic?

Yet they have no issues selling the Zett Jukassa figure, a kid who gets blasted onscreen, or a legless and armless burnt husk of Anakin Skywalker, or anything else in the line that's called Star... um, what was it again? Star Rainbows? Star Ponies?

JediTricks
04-11-2010, 09:33 PM
"Star Pals" for the first movie, "Star Chums" for the second, and "Return of the Star Pals" for the 3rd. The prequel saga made years later is "Star Buddies: Episode" and then the number.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-11-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm pretty sure it was Walmart who found the content objectionable, not Hasbro, since they're obviously still selling it. Walmart has a history of censoring music and not carrying books they don't agree with, but I'm fairly sure this is the first time SW has been affected.

El Chuxter
04-12-2010, 07:54 AM
Yeah, but WM had no problem carrying any of the other toys. IIRC, you could buy a 501st Trooper, Darth Vader, and Jett Zukassa all at the same time.

DarkArtist
04-14-2010, 08:58 AM
my order from HTS arrived last night. the figures look great. can't wait to add them to the every growing collection of figures.. I still think this is one of the best ideas Hasbro has had in regards to giving us figures out of the EU. you get 2 decent figures and a comic for $12.99... all in all a fairly great deal. just wish they would distribute these better and not keep repacking the same figures over and over again.... i still have on the pegs around here the first releases of the comic packs of Vader and Rebel Trooper (and not the new Legacy packaging) as well as multiples of the Lt. Shan / Lt. Jundland sets. have yet to spot the new packs in stores, and was lucky to find the Kyle Katarn set back in December.

i think Hasbro should continue with the comic packs but make them HTS exclusives. this way they are not clogging the pegs Hasbro can focus more on store merchandise while still continuing the comic packs. they could do something like 5 comic packs a year and have a fan's voting poll to determine what packs we would like to see.

i also feel that HTS should be allowed to carry the exclusives from stores as well. most of the store exclusives by me are out for 1 day and then gone forever. missed out on last year's Clone Wars sets from Target.