PDA

View Full Version : I ordered Ulic Qel Droma and Exar Kun from StarWarsShop.com (they're in-stock!)

Tycho
03-17-2010, 11:06 PM
I saw SirSteve's ad banner for StarWarsShop.com and went over there for the sale.

His banner-ad wanted to run some program my computer asked "if I'd allow."

I didn't want to allow any program. You should be able to just order with the site's registering itself to the sponsor as the affiliate like usual when you use one of this site's sponsors.

Anyway, I ordered the NEW COMIC 2-PACKS which they say are IN-STOCK: That's Ulic-Qel Droma and Exar Kun! Plus Tre Saa and Tholme.

figrin bran
03-18-2010, 12:37 AM
Thanks so much for the tip, Tycho!

I've added Exar and Ulic to the cart and am debating on Tra Saa and Tholme.

Sinscia Fat'o
03-18-2010, 05:25 AM
well they are gone now....son of a blind mynock ive been left behind again i feel like im in 3rd grade!!!

Daryl VayDar
03-18-2010, 06:48 AM
Yeah, they are nowhere to be found anymore. I didn't think we'd see these for a while- I wonder if it was a "hiccup" on SWShop. It seems odd that the listings would disappear instead of listing them as out of stock... keep us posted on the delivery of these guys.

And Tycho- I am jealous! As I mentioned in another thread, I've made several different customs of each of these guys, and I'm SO ready for the official versions.

Sinscia Fat'o
03-18-2010, 10:08 AM
Yeah, they are nowhere to be found anymore. I didn't think we'd see these for a while- I wonder if it was a "hiccup" on SWShop. It seems odd that the listings would disappear instead of listing them as out of stock... keep us posted on the delivery of these guys.

And Tycho- I am jealous! As I mentioned in another thread, I've made several different customs of each of these guys, and I'm SO ready for the official versions.

yeah really ill crusade to get the two pack of kun its my most wanted figure for cryin out loud!!!!

figrin bran
03-20-2010, 11:19 PM
I got my Exar and Tholme packs in the mail today!

Mad Slanted Powers
03-21-2010, 12:11 AM
I didn't see those, but they did have the Black Hole Stormtrooper pack and the Bogey Squad pack on Thursday night, so I ordered them. Only $12.99, so not too bad of a price. They also had half the ROTS basic figure wave, but those were $10.99 for Agen and Plo, and $12.50 for Colton. I went ahead and ordered them since I've not had any luck finding them. Hopefully the rest of the wave will pop up someplace. Hopefully they have the YVH part like the picture indicates.

DarkJedi5
03-21-2010, 12:37 AM
I ordered a couple of the Black Hole sets last night but the Bogey Squad was gone already (I found them on the site but whenever I clicked on them or tried to add them to the basket I got an error message indicating they weren't available). Hopefully these comic packs come back in stock soon, I still have not seen a Katarn set on the pegs in my area and I'm afraid these might be just as tough to find.

Tycho
03-21-2010, 01:46 AM
I have Kyle Katarns to sell at cost to whomever wants them as I army-built the Yuuzhan Vong to invade my action figures' galaxy.

Meanwhile, I too got Ulic and Exar Kun in the mail today.

I have waited for the chance to buy their Hasbro figures for 14 years! That's about as long as this fan site has existed!

Exar Kun is awesome with a heavy softgoods cloak held on by plastic shoulder pauldrons and his signature double-bladed lightsaber (the very first to ever carry such a lightsaber) actually separates so he can use two single-bladed weapons, or fight with the big one. He even has his scar on his face from when Sylvar scratched him in her struggle to avenge the death of her Cathar mate!

The detail on these two are awesome - from their Sith marks they bare on their forheads, to their costumes and weapons.

Ulic and Exar both look a little older than I'd thought of them. These were originally supposed to be young Sith Lords in their 20's as I always assumed of them.

But the prototype pictures that Hasbro showed at Toy Fair (or wherever they were from) made Exar look like he was as old as Count Dooku. Fortunately the figure does not. He appears to be around 40 maybe. Still, he should have been younger looking. But these figures are really close.

I think Exar Kun is my favorite Sith Lord figure!

mtriv73
03-22-2010, 10:56 AM
A friend of mine found all 5 new comic packs at a Target somewhere near LA. (He's doing a master's somewhere out there, I think it may be called Redland Hills but I might be mistaken.) At any rate they are showing up in stores as well.

Snowtrooper
03-23-2010, 12:55 PM
HTS has 5 of the latest comic packs available for $12.99. Remember to use easter20 for 20% off of your order. It pretty much covers S&H and tax.

Darth Awgmon
03-23-2010, 03:25 PM
I saw all of the new comic packs from this wave at Target yesterday, so keep your eyes peeled.

DarkJedi5
03-23-2010, 03:31 PM
HTS has 5 of the latest comic packs available for $12.99. Remember to use easter20 for 20% off of your order. It pretty much covers S&H and tax.

All but Bogey Squad and Blackhole trooper sets are already sold out.

TheDarthVader
03-23-2010, 11:34 PM
Just now reading this unfortunately...still sold out.

Snowtrooper
03-31-2010, 10:40 PM
I received my 5 comic packs from HTS today. I haven't opened them yet, but heres some quick thoughts on them.

Shadow Stormtrooper with Blackhole hologram -This is the one I was looking forward to the most. After having it in hand, its not as good as I thought it was going to be, but I still like it. You get a TAC stormtrooper painted kind of a gun metal grey, an IT-0 interrogator droid, and a Blackhole hologram. For some reason, I don't think the holo and the droid look as good in person. B+

Clone Lt. & Clone Trooper -Just basically a couple of Utapau clones. The Lt. has a removeable helmet and flowing "skirt." He comes with a grappling hook that fires out of his rifle. The other clone is basically a re-release of he Utapau clone from the TSC line packed with a RPG style of weapon. Not much to brag about. B-

Clone Trooper & Clone Cmdr -Kashyyyk clones this time. The clone trooper is basically Cmdr Faie with the Galactic Marine head on it rather than the one pictured on the back. Because of this, he basically has no neck. I can't tell what clone they repainted for the clone commander, but I like the camo paint job on it. They both come with standard issue clone weapons. B

Ulic Qel-Droma & Exar Kun -Ulic is nicely done. He appears to be SA and if you've seen pictures of him, the sculpt and paint jobs pretty much live up to what you've seen. I especially like how well the details were painted. Exar is probably my favorite of the 5 comic packs. It has alot of nice detailing. I especially like the scars on his cheek and the symbol stamped on his forehead(whatever that is). The paint job is darn near perfect and they gave the shoulder armor a bit of a dirty wash, which makes it look really good. The only thing I can fault is the cloak, which appears to be about 1 inch too long. A

T-Ra Saa & Tholme -This is my second favorite pack. T-Ra has a very odd looking face, but thats what I like about her. She has a grey/green color scheme which sounds bland but I think looks very nice. The paint job, while still nice, isn't as sharp as on previous comic pack. Tholme is kinda plain looking, but nicely done as well. While colorwise he doesn't stand out so much, sculpt wise hes got some decent details. I did especially like the subtle grey highlights they added to his hair. A-

DarkArtist
04-08-2010, 07:15 AM
just wanted to let everyone know that the last wave of Comic Packs in up on HTS as of last night. ordered the complete series and an extra Kyle Katarn/Yuzzen Vong..

Tycho
04-08-2010, 07:27 AM
I have a lot of those Kyle Katarn figures available to anyone here on the boards who wants only Kyle at half the retail price of the comic 2-pack, btw.

DarkJedi5
04-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Exar Kun is already sold out! I was able to order what I wanted from the rest though....

TheDarthVader
04-08-2010, 05:56 PM
I was able to order the ones that I wanted yesterday. :D

DarkArtist
04-09-2010, 07:27 AM
got the confirmation this morning that my order has shipped..should be here either Monday or Tuesday of earliest would be tomorrow. can't wait.

El Chuxter
04-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Should this really be under Vintage? :p

I dunno if this is the catch-all comic pack thread, but I found one each of Tholme & the alien lady Jedi, Blackhole Stormtrooper, and Ulic Qel-Droma vs Exar Kun today at the Fontana, CA, Target. They also had the Legacy girl Imperial Guard Jedi with Darth Awful-Idea-For-A'Sharad's-Fate, Luke vs Lumiya, and two different Clonetrooper twofers (camo and orange). I left them for someone else, since I was a little short on dough. Were these all the new comic packs?

Weren't there some WM exclusives and an internet exclusive, too?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Yup, you found all the new ones, with Luke vs. Lumiya and Sigel Dare/Darth Krayt being from the mid-2009 wave. There are indeed two WM exclusives and an Internet exclusive, all of which are available now (and none of which would you have found at Target :p ).

El Chuxter
04-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Okay, I looked up those sets, and I think I'm definitely not done. :)

El Chuxter
05-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Maybe I am done. WM appears to have marked these up to $14.88. :eek: That much for two repainted Scout Troopers, or a shoddily repainted Motti and a Battle Droid with a new head, that's a bit steep. Especially when basic figures are right next to them on the pegs for $4.50. If they drop in price, I'll snatch them up. I have to admit, though, I'm still tempted by the "redneck" Battle Droid.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Maybe I am done. WM appears to have marked these up to $14.88. :eek: That much for two repainted Scout Troopers, or a shoddily repainted Motti and a Battle Droid with a new head, that's a bit steep. Especially when basic figures are right next to them on the pegs for $4.50. If they drop in price, I'll snatch them up. I have to admit, though, I'm still tempted by the "redneck" Battle Droid.
For what it's worth . . . Rom Mohc has a new headsculpt, and a body from Imperial Officer figures released since Motti, meaning he shares absolutely no parts with Motti; General Weir also has a new headsculpt and a new red bandolier; even though I largely assume you were generalizing about these figures. Frankly, they're somewhat boring choices, and not all that exciting in execution, either.

I've seen the final, non-exclusive wave at more and more Targets lately, if anyone's still looking.

El Chuxter
05-18-2010, 09:30 PM
Okay, I recognized the body as the one used on the ROTS Tarkin (I think), but are you for real-real and not for play-play when you tell me Rohm isn't just a reused Motti head? Wow. If so, maybe they should use it for the next Motti figure.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-19-2010, 01:06 AM
Yeah, I'm serious. The Rom Mohc (http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCcomicpacksWM101.asp) head is a brand-new sculpt, with the ball-joint articulation dealy; Admiral Motti (http://www.rebelscum.com/POTF2CTmotti.asp) didn't have that as he was made before that was used in this line. Rom Mohc's torso and arms are from the 2005 Tarkin you mentioned, with the legs from the Lt. Sunber figure that came with the comic pack that's still fairly easy to find. I actually didn't notice a similarity until you mentioned it, but yeah, it's pretty close.

DarkArtist
05-19-2010, 01:04 PM
I have to admit, though, I'm still tempted by the "redneck" Battle Droid.

that's awesome...never looked at that droid in that light before. I too am a fan of the new Battle Droid.