PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Weekends 2010.

jonthejedi
03-18-2010, 06:42 AM
We(my family) are planning to attend this year. Does anyone know if the "hosts" also sign autographs, and what is the usual procedure upon entering the park? I would like to try to get Ashley Eckstein & jeremy Bulloch.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-19-2010, 08:57 PM
You can check the 2009 thread, to see who went. I also plan to go, but I want to steal clothing and jewelry, rather than get autographs. What? Oh, did I say that out loud? :rolleyes:

Bel-Cam Jos
03-24-2010, 08:07 PM
BTW, for those who have gone to DW, and also the SW Weekends, any suggestions about transportation, accomodations, planning, hints, etc.? I'm trying to look into good deals (if such things exist in June in central FL) and am only finding high prices so far (it's been a limited search to start off). Little help?

Warped
03-24-2010, 09:21 PM
I can not go. Is there anyone who can pick me up the new Mickey/R2-mk?

JediTricks
03-24-2010, 11:07 PM
BCJ, please don't let me forget to go to DL for this this year. I think last year I was sick.

jonthejedi
03-25-2010, 05:43 AM
Bel-Cam...DisneyWorld had 3 budget-minded resorts near Animal Kingdom: All-Star Sports, Movies & I forget the 3rd. They are usually only $99 a night, which is super for on-site stays. They all have free shuttle transport to all Disney Parks, as well as their own pools & eateries connected. If you were driving, I'd say stay in neighboring Kississmee(sp check!).

Bel-Cam Jos
05-15-2010, 11:22 AM
I scored a great airfare-hotel-park tickets deal from Southwest ($1300 per person, for a 7-day trip), for the first week of June. I believe the stars are Billy Dee (:thumbsup: ) and, uh someone else, the weekend I'm there.

I heard that they moved the Unofficial SW Day at DL to a Sunday, because so many passholders were blacked out on summer Saturdays, so I think that's June 27th. So please schedule your sickness for another time, JT. ;)

JediTricks
05-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Of course it'd be on my mother's birthday weekend this time. I will put it on my schedule anyway, but I may have that as a conflict depending on if she wants to do something that day.

Billy Dee, Billy Dee, Billy Dee!

jonthejedi
05-16-2010, 08:54 AM
Does anyone know if the celebrity hosts(not guests) also sign autographs & do meet&greet. I want to get Ashley Eckstein's autograph.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-16-2010, 10:50 AM
I've been checking updates on the following site: WhyWon'tSWWComeToCA? (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/hollywood-studios/special-events/star-wars-weekend/) and it mentions a "Fastpass" for autographs, with limited quantities. Doesn't mention price, if any.

p.s. I named the link out of personal frustration; it has nothing to do with no SW Weekends at DisneyLAND. :frus:

Maerj2000
05-16-2010, 12:15 PM
There is no charge for autographs at Star Wars Weekends at WDW. They do sometimes limit the number of people who can get autographs and some actors only sign for a certain amount of time. The Fast Pass machines are to get a spot in line for autographs so you don't have to stand in line all day. You can still get fast passes for othe rides and attractions at the park.

In the past, the hosts did sign autographs. I read that the Clone Wars guests last year did not sign but were just there to speak. I wasn't there for that one so I can't confirm that 100%. Seems dumb to me, I would think that the hosts/CW would sign autographs but don't be too disappointed if the don't.

There are 4 budget resorts on Disney Property. The All Star Resorts, All Star Movies, AS Music, and AS Sports. They are located (approx.) across from Blizzard Beach which is between the Animal Kingdom and the Hollywood Studios. There is another budget resort called the Pop Century resort which is located on the other side of the Studios. If you are looking to stay at a Value resort I suggest the Pop Century as it has its own bus service. The All Stars share busses and they can get quite full. I think Pop has a better food court as well.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-10-2010, 06:15 PM
I am now back home, and glad to be here. Not that the SWW were bad, just that the weather was oppressive and energy sucking.:whip: I stood in line for a Fast Pass to ensure I got Dave Filoni's autograph (who commented on my Lando/Han shirt), after realizing I'd have little to not chance of Ray Park's or Billy Dee Williams,' and doubtful for Ashley Eckstein's. Did luck out on the stand-by for Jeremy Bulloch as well (who signed it to "Bel-Cam Jos" and thought the name was "interesting" BTW :D ), though.

The around-the-park stuff was cool (much better facade to the entrance to Star Tours, Tatooine Trader shop was always packed, a CW figure card to pose by, etc.).

See photos below.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-10-2010, 06:21 PM
continued...

The motorcade had the 501st and the autograph signers in convertables. At the park's main entrance, while waiting for the gates to open, there were stormtroopers doing jokes and commentary (the Fett jetpack was funny for SW insiders) above the turnstiles. Ray Park's martial arts exhibition with kids was both impressive and humorous. There were various backgrounds to pose in front of, mainly from the Prequels.

All in all, very much worth the time and effort to go. I recommend it to anyone who can stand the heat and afford the costs. :thumbsup: