PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow 501st Clone Trooper

wampaslayr
03-18-2010, 07:52 PM
I was reading my latest edition of SW Insider and on the Sideshow product page, there were pictures of the Emperor and the 501st Clone. I think this is an error because it stated that this clone was shipping 2nd quarter 2010 which can't be correct since there hasn't been a preorder yet for this piece. I think they meant to show a pic of the Coruscant clone trooper that was preordered a couple months ago. Anyway, if you want a sneak peek at this new clone, check out page 81 of SW Insider.

jonthejedi
03-19-2010, 06:07 AM
I was about to post about that very picture, too. 2nd quarter just couldn't be possible...I guess we'll wait & see.

jedibear
03-28-2010, 10:06 AM
Maybe they meant that the trooper goes on pre-order in the 2nd quarter....it goes up next Friday (04/02/2010).

jonthejedi
03-29-2010, 05:13 AM
I'll probably try to pick this up...I missed out on the Medicom RAH version.

JediTricks
03-29-2010, 04:49 PM
They could conceivably ship this by 2nd quarter, there's no new tooling required, just paint apps. More likely though JB is right and we won't see it ship that soon

jedibear
04-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Well, considering that the 41st Elite Corp (Coruscant) Trooper hasn't shipped yet, that would be pretty surprising to see the 501st ship before that...my guess is the Vader's Fist Trooper will ship around SDCC time...

Darth Metalmute
04-02-2010, 11:05 PM
Is everyone as surprised as I am that Greedo with a wanted poster of Han Solo is more expensive that a Clone Trooper?

jonthejedi
04-03-2010, 04:23 AM
Yeah...pretty much. I also predict Greedo will not sell out anywhere.

Jayspawn
04-04-2010, 02:03 AM
Havn't picked up any of the Clone Troopers yet, but this one is a contender. Cody is still #1 for me though. It's a significant trooper in the movie and the Organa/ Temple scene is one of my favorite parts.

JediTricks
04-05-2010, 01:32 AM
The Utapau color scheme seems to be the one I gravitate towards with ROTS clones. I have more of that in the Hasbro line than anything else except regular white. Seeing Tycho's Sideshow Utapau clone, it made me sad I couldn't justify the expense last year, so I am going to preorder Cody and hope he's as good.

I would think if you're into any of these colors, then any would be a good choice and you should get that one.

jedibear
09-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Well, this trooper has shown up on my shelf...
Considering that this is the third trooper I've received in the last several months (I've cut back on figures quite a bit)...it was initially a little hard to generate a high level of enthusiasm for this one as I had for the previous two.

The AOTC Phase l Lieutenant was an incredible surprise. The detailing, the deco, the new body suit and stand, the body featuring tight joints...it was a real winner. The 41st Elite featured some unique deco (and that cool antennae) that helps it stand apart on display.

The 501st has a few distinctions...it's part of well-known brigade both on screen and off and is featured in one of the most significant moments in ROTS (that fateful march on the Jedi Temple with the newly-knighted Darth Vader), so "clone fatigue" or not, there was a certain irresistible pull to get this figure for me.

I also really appreciate the idea, intended or not, that we get figures that can be displayed well with other figures we've already got...and young Darth Vader really looks good on display with a Trooper beside him...

How's the figure? He features the new knit-style body suit and the new stand. His deco (the "distressed"/battle-damaged look) is significantly toned down compared to the previous troopers...in fact, it's even less than the one on the box photos feature, which was a cause for alarm on some other boards. All that aside, it looks fine...and actually more in keeping with how they appeared in the film.

I've never had any problem with loose joints on any of these "armored body" pros...until now. He'll maintain a pose, but the legs are weak enough that I wouldn't risk displaying him without a stand.

It's another good trooper from Sideshow. But...I'm fine on troopers until Cody is released. I passed on the just announced 3 pack (the two clones and the kid)...I like the clones, but I'm ready for some variety on the figure front again...

Here's a few pictures on this trooper with his Dark Lord Commander...

Jayspawn
09-27-2010, 12:26 PM
Good writeup and pics as usual jedibear! I've passed on all the clones so far in favor of Cody, but this is a close 2nd. I'd get him on a deal if I can find one.