PDA

View Full Version : New SideShow 12" That They Absolutely Have To Make

Tycho
03-23-2010, 05:41 PM
I went through the 12" figures I own (mostly Hasbro) where I often add SideShow for characters that Hasbro never made before (or where the Hasbro figure is just too awful to display).

I came up with my list of essentials:

Heroes of the Rebellion:

Princess Leia Endor Gear
Lando General
Leia red Bespin gown
Chewbacca
Han Solo Yavin Ceremony
Shmi Skywalker
Captain Panaka

Militaries of Star Wars:

Emperor's Royal Guard
Hoth Rebel Soldier (preferably no facial hair, then a later variation)
New Rebel Fleet Trooper (different headsculpt)
Commander Bly
Star Corps Clone Trooper (yellow - Fallucia)
Commander Bacara
Galactic Marine
Kashyyyk Clone Trooper
Commander Gree
Commander Cody
Red Battle Droid
Destroyer Droid

Scum and Villany:

Wooof
Weequay
Nikto
Nute Gunray

Order of the Jedi

Luminar Undulli
Pablo Jill
Agen Kolar
SaeSee Tiin
Yoda

Dark Lords of the Sith

Senator Palpatine TPM

Expanded Universe

Yuuzhan Vong Warrior
Jacen Solo
Jaina Solo
Mara Jade
Quinlan Vos
A'Sharad Hett

JediTricks
03-24-2010, 12:04 AM
Boba Fett
Jango Fett
C-3PO Fett
R2 Fett-too

jedibear
03-28-2010, 11:09 AM
JT,you're such a kidder! :p

Seriously though...
We've already seem that Sideshow isn't necessarily movtivated to make logical choices in what they choose to produce for the various lines (see the uncompleted Fellowship and the bumpy selection so far for the IJ line) and who knows WHAT forces are behind how the choices are made for the SW line.

They are proving this year that they are willing to go outside the basic base body shape with the forthcoming Gamorrean Guard and the Hammerhead that were sneak previewed in production blogs so...at least it's safe to assume SOME variety will be present in the line.

But I definatley don't think they will "complete" any series of characters in 1:6 scale (ie: the Jedi Council or all of the Cantina patrons).

I'd just like to see a variety along with some good representations of the core characters.

For example, Padme is only represented by one release of an EU version of her.

I hope that Sideshow will not only tackle some unique body types in the future (I'd love to see a Kaminoan or a Gungun) but also the intricate costumes featured throughout the saga too, like Nute Gunray or any of the Jabba's Palace denizens.

Tycho's list is thorough (as always), but I don't think it's gonna happen...

El Chuxter
03-28-2010, 12:09 PM
A Jawa. Maybe with a Mandalorean helmet and lightsaber for the $260 "exclusive" version.

Darth Metalmute
04-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Here are the five I want next.
R2-D2
C-3PO
Boba Fett
Chewbacca
Yoda

Instead, it looks like we are getting a Hammerhead. Yea:rolleyes:

I would love to see them get there hands on the Scout Trooper with Speeder Bike. But I don't want to see the price.

[Expanded Universe

Yuuzhan Vong Warrior
Jacen Solo
Jaina Solo
Mara Jade
Quinlan Vos
A'Sharad Hett

As much as I would like to see the EU represented, there is no way Sideshow should do them. It's a death sentence for a line that already has collectors up in arms over the price.

2-1B
04-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Teek.

Stacked two high, to achieve 12" of Teek.

JimJamBonds
04-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Teek.

Stacked two high, to achieve 12" of Teek.

So that would be 2T?

Tycho
04-04-2010, 04:33 PM
I for one am thrilled that we're getting Hammerhead (Momaw Nadon). Has anyone seen pictures yet? This is the first non-humanoid body that SideShow has ever done.

Darth Metalmute
04-05-2010, 08:04 AM
It's not that I mind them making Hammerhead, It's just that if you are going to make your first non-humanoid figure, make it someone more reconizeable, especially since it will cost them around $150.

Or at least try to make one form on of the lines you are pushings, like a Jabba's palace alien. It makes no sense to start a catina alien when you have made all of those Jabba's palace figures.

Tycho
04-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Eh, you start people collecting cantina figures that way, too. It's bait.

jedibear
04-07-2010, 08:54 PM
I'm looking forward to Hammerhead too...SS show a bit of him in a recent production blog...looked really cool.

I hope this opens the door for more "unique" (non-human) characters in the Sideshow collection...while the prospect of getting well-rendered OT characters is great, I hope they visit the prequels for inspiration as well. I'd love to see a gungun or kaminoan rendered in 1:6...

Tycho
04-08-2010, 07:40 AM
From the prequels, General Grievous' magnaguards would make great 12" figures!

bigbarada
05-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Aren't they supposed to be making a Gamorrean Guard? If so, I'll take 2. If we get a Gamorrean, then the next figures I would want would be:

Ephant Mon
Wooof
Barada and/or Kithaba
Yak Face

Other figures I would seriously consider:

Green Leader A-Wing Pilot
Grey Leader Y-Wing Pilot
Mon Calamari Officer
Ten Nunb
Admiral Ackbar
TIE Fighter Pilot
AT-AT Driver
Biker Scout (They made 2 Premium Format Biker Scouts before making a 12" version? Lame.)
General Veers
ROTS Commander Gree
Clone Wars ARF Trooper
ROTS Kashyyk Trooper (but only if they make Gree first)