PDA

View Full Version : Question on Vintage

dlbjr19
03-28-2010, 08:09 PM
I was going through my wifes collection and found some good stuff. She has the vintage 12" Boba Fett still in the box and vintage
action figures. Then I came across the Star Wars 12 back double telescoping Darth Vader still on card. The problem is the bubble is starting to come lose. Is there anyway to fix this? I know this is a pretty rare figure and don't want to screw it up.

dlbjr19
03-28-2010, 08:26 PM
Sorry, after looking closer, it is not the Double Telescoping.

Lord Malakite
03-29-2010, 04:33 AM
The problem is the bubble is starting to come lose. Is there anyway to fix this? I know this is a pretty rare figure and don't want to screw it up.
From what I know there is not really much you can do to fix a bubble coming loose (usually a result of the adhesive glue holding the bubble to the card drying out). Things like extreme temperature changes, sunlight and the like can speed up certain physical & chemical reactions that cause things like yellowing figures, fading cards and glue drying out which causes loose and falling off bubbles. If you haven't been previously you could keep the figure stored someplace inside your home where you can control such variables (like a closet) to delay further glue bubble looseness. If the bubble looseness bothers you a lot and you have no plans of selling it carded you could attempt gluing the bubble back down to the card yourself using some type a clear drying adhesive. From a sale standpoint though most carded collectors would probably prefer an unfixed loose bubble over a self fixed "re-glued" bubble (even if the self fix isn't noticeable).