PDA

View Full Version : MM forumite question - Split the section?

JediTricks
02-28-2002, 03:14 AM
This is a question I just thought of - it's not slated to happen or anything, I was just curious if you would want this:

With the upcoming resurgence of Action Fleet, would you SSG Micro Machines forumites like to see the MM forum split into 2 sections, "Micro Machines" and "Action Fleet", or would you prefer to keep them integrated as they are now?

LTBasker
02-28-2002, 03:19 AM
Well technically Action Fleet are micro-machines cause they're certainely not to scale. :p Seriously though, I do believe the action fleet is still micro-machines just bigger ones (duh :rolleyes: ) so I don't see any big need to split the sections, it's the same category for the section, just under a different sub-category. :D

Beast
02-28-2002, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
This is a question I just thought of - it's not slated to happen or anything, I was just curious if you would want this: With the upcoming resurgence of Action Fleet, would you SSG Micro Machines forumites like to see the MM forum split into 2 sections, "Micro Machines" and "Action Fleet", or would you prefer to keep them integrated as they are now?
Even if there was a demand from the Micro Machine collector's like myself and others, it's rather doubtful it would happen. It's pretty much still all grouped with Micro Machines anyway, and Sir Steve already said that he won't make a seperate 12" Star Wars figures section, and just to keep them discussed in the same "Hasbro" section. :D I can't wait to see what they do in Micromachines for E2, I wanna pick up some of them, to bad we have to wait for Fall for them. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RobertDD
02-28-2002, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Well technically Action Fleet are micro-machines cause they're certainely not to scale.

Not to scale? You must mean something different then I am reading, cause my Action fleets are all to scale (although not all to the same scale)
The reason Action Fleets are Micro Machines, according to me, is that it says so on the box.

JediGoofy
02-28-2002, 04:48 AM
No, I would not like to see the MM forum split into 2 sections!

First of all because I agree with rdd Actions Fleets ARE MicroMachines (MMs rule! ;) ).
Second, most of us (if not all of us) collects both MM and AF.
Third, the number of postings is not so big to require a splitting.
Fourth, in this forum there is enough freedom to go off-topic (unlike other places on the net). :) I am afraid if the topic is more specific there will be less funny off-topic diversions. :p

Anyway, either integrated or split in 2, I will continue to read this forum. :D

Bring back MicroMachines! :Pirate:

Ciao,
JediGoofy

LTBasker
02-28-2002, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by RobertDD

Not to scale? You must mean something different then I am reading, cause my Action fleets are all to scale (although not all to the same scale)
The reason Action Fleets are Micro Machines, according to me, is that it says so on the box.

I meant 1:1 scale. :D It was a joke so don't take it seriously but I don't see the need to split the sections. :)

RobertDD
02-28-2002, 05:46 AM
LTB: Ah, now I get it. For some reason I thought you were saying something about AFs not being to the "true" 3 3/4 scale, and with so many people already thinking that is the only scale for Star Wars toys I thought I'd jump on that.

JG: not all of us collect all MMs, I only collect the MM AFs. Yet I agree with your first, third and fourth very much. So lets not split!

good shot jansen
02-28-2002, 07:39 AM
all things micro micro machines are discussed here (whether it be mm's af's, dc's x-rays, pack in's with other lines, etc. etc.etc.) we've also been running purty darn smooth for over two years now, discussing any and all topics be they on or off;) .

i try to scour the web from time to time, and sometimes chime in on other micro machine related forums, (as well as post on occasion in other groups here at ssg), but this place is my waterin' hole. this is where i come to discuss all things considered.

if i was to divide my time between this, and another mm type forum here on ssg, it would lead to having to post cross references between the two threads, and as such, the discussion would suffer from disjointed flow (disjointed flow?:rolleyes: )

anyway, if it ain't broke, lets not fix it!:)

jeddah
02-28-2002, 08:09 AM
Yep, what he said.

jeddah

darthcarlos
02-28-2002, 02:19 PM
It's fine the way it is. I like SSG Micro Machines forums don't change it. Once a Micro Machine, always a Micro Machine.

Darth Carlos

"Think Big, play small".....MICRO MACHINES

Jedi Law Student
02-28-2002, 06:12 PM
I like the idea of this thread being devoted to all SW Micro Machines. If action fleet vehicles are treated as Micro Machines (as they are labeled), then SW Micro Machines truly are coming back! There will be new things to discuss. And who knows, maybe the day will come when the original scale miniatures will also return to grace toy aisles with their presence. In the meantime, I eagerly await the renaissance that begins with the Action Fleet X-Wing, TIE Fighter, and Millenium Falcon we're supposed to get in July. (Play classical music of your choice here.)

haggie
02-28-2002, 07:54 PM
I going to be the one person who thinks differently. I think it should be two different sections. I don't collect MMs, only AFs. To me, they are completely different beasts. But, in reality, it doesn't really bother me having it all in one section (and I've only been in this forum for a month). There is a pretty small group of people that seem to use the MM forum so I guess there isn't much point in splitting it up.

JediTricks
02-28-2002, 11:00 PM
Ok, just checking. That was my assessment as well, but I know in the past, there has been a rift between MMers and AFers, and now with AF coming back and MM still in limbo, I was concerned.

SWAFMAN
03-01-2002, 12:30 AM
if i was to divide my time between this, and another mm type forum here on ssg, it would lead to having to post cross references between the two threads, and as such, the discussion would suffer from disjointed flow.

I especially agree with GSJ's point about cross-referencing. Y'all know I'm almost exclusively an AF person, and if splitting the section caused me to lose touch with even one of the current MM forum's frequent posters, I'd be really bummed.

...in the past, there has been a rift between MMers and AFers...

Huh? A rift? How petty is that? Hard to believe anyone would feel the need to harbor ill will towards other forummers, when there's such a better-deserving target in the cretins at Hasbro.

good shot jansen
03-01-2002, 07:41 AM
why just the other day, the af side of my brain wuz tellin' the mm side of my brain to just take a hike and git bent, well as you can imagine, the mm side of my brain didn't take kindly to being told to get bent, so's the mm side of my brain scopped up a handful of this hemogloben type stuff, and flung, and baby do i mean flung it toss the top o' my cranium, and hit the af side of my brain smack dab in the middle of it's af bad self! well you can just imagine the ruckus that took place after that event. and me? i'm stuck in the middle of this here rift.

let me tell's ya, this rift thang is a baaaaad thang, i've found the only way to settle this here rift thang was to get the af side of my brain, tawkin' with the mm side o' my brain, in a good, ongoing, concious raising discussion group, so's that the af side of my brain, can find out why mm's are soooo cool, and the mm side of my brain can find out why af's are the joint!

and before you can say ramalamadingdong, the dc quadrent, along with the x-ray quadrent o' my brain chimed in, and voila! no mo headaches!

i think we should do the same thing here!

if we split up the groups, the next thang you know, you and ss are gonna have to start cleanin' globs o' hemogloben type stuff from all over the place!

np: rodney king - "can't we just all get along":o
:crazed:

vulcantouch
03-01-2002, 01:22 PM
swaffy: "Huh? A rift?"
-doesn't "swaf-huggin Babies" ring a bell? :D
while my interest in collectin af hasn't gone any further than the droideka figure and stap, at this point there's just too many cross-references in our acquaintanceships & business transactions between us. also, which section would get dc, xray etc, or would those require additional sections? :rolleyes: besides, realistically most non-galoob-fanatic sw collectors out there mentally lump all mm, dc & af stuff together anyway, so it's practical that they have a one-stop galoob shop-talk :)
vt

good shot jansen
03-01-2002, 04:27 PM
someone plz fire up a phat philly blunt for poor gsj

:)

JediTricks
03-02-2002, 06:23 PM
I've never even met SWAFMAN in person, much less hugged him! :D

JediGoofy
03-03-2002, 06:10 AM
Hi jt,
I have a different proposal: why do not you change the name of the forum in "Micro Machines and Action Fleet"?

I know most of us agree Action Fleet is actually part of MicroMachines toy line, but maybe some naive new collector may think: "I am looking for an Action Fleet forum, but here at SSG there is just a MicroMachines forum! Rats, I will look somewhere else".

Well, maybe it is better not to attract people who do not think MM RULE! :happy:, but with the resurrection of the AF line I would not want the name of the forum will not appeal new forumites. :)

Just an idea, do not smash my teeth. :D

Ciao,
JediGoofy

RobertDD
03-03-2002, 11:57 AM
Now that's an idea I really like, JG. Especially since there are forums around that discuss all things galoob micro yet almost never touch the action fleet subject. We certainly dont want to come accross as one of those groups, eh?

SWAFMAN
03-03-2002, 05:27 PM
Action Fleet / MicroMachines or MicroMachines / Action Fleet, or howzabout "Galoosbro Space & Military"?
(can't leave out those Battle Squads!)
:p

JediTricks
03-03-2002, 10:11 PM
Hmm, rename it "Micro Machines/Action Fleet", an interesting concept. I'll give it some thought, perhaps some more comments might help sway my decision as I am apparently a spineless politician. ;)

jeddah
03-04-2002, 04:32 AM
If it ain't broke don't fix it......or are we turning into the Galactic Senate?

Yours curmudgeonly, :p

jeddah

SWAFMAN
03-05-2002, 05:54 PM
well, since it looks like Action Fleet is the only line still (allegedly) being produced, why not call the forum "Action Fleet/MicroMachines"?

just kidding!

;)

"Peace, Love"

JediTricks
03-05-2002, 06:12 PM
<Waves Hand>

This thread never existed, this isn't the thread you're looking for, you can go about your business... move along.

jeddah
03-06-2002, 08:03 AM
...hmmmmm..... doesn't really take the pain away tho', does it, JT :evil:

jeddah

good shot jansen
03-06-2002, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
<Waves Hand>

This thread never existed, this isn't the thread you're looking for, you can go about your business... move along.

jedi mind tricks don't work on me......................only money:evil:

RobertDD
03-06-2002, 09:03 AM
You wanna wanga?

shinakuma43
03-06-2002, 01:50 PM
Entitling the forum something like Action Fleet and Micro Machines is a good idea. Although I do collect Battle Squads myself I don't think it would be a good idea to include Military in the forum name. That would bring in Military MM collectors. As far as I know there are currently no military MM collectors here, well I've actually started getting some here and there but that's beside the point. That would cause a lot of mone SW (or space) MM discusions to be posted.

Later,
S43