PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow SDCC exclusive is... (a mystery until the 8th)

JediTricks
04-01-2010, 04:21 AM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=2770

If you click the link from the article, there is a countdown and a silhouette. One of them is clearly phase 1 armor Clone Trooper. "So what? They already made one." True, but the silhouette doesn't match their existing version, the upper arm armor is different, the belt packs are different, and the helmet fin is thinner. My guess is this will be a Clone Wars styled trooper.

April 8th is the date the covers come off.

plasticfetish
04-01-2010, 04:36 AM
Mystery uncovered... the exclusive will be... stupidly expensive.

I'm sorry that I can't make SDCC this year for about 1000 reasons, but none of them have anything to do with Sideshow's exclusive.

jedibear
04-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Well, if it is a trooper in the animated style, that'll be a pass for me. One of my biggest concerns for the rumored forthcoming Clone Commanders is that they end up being rendered in the animated style instead of the movie one....

I really want the movie-styled ones!

dr_evazan22
04-01-2010, 10:44 PM
I'm assuming its Cody.

wampaslayr
04-02-2010, 04:29 AM
My guess is Rex since he would be a good companion piece for the recent CW Anakin figure.

JediTricks
04-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Mystery uncovered... the exclusive will be... stupidly expensive.That is no mystery.

Well, if it is a trooper in the animated style, that'll be a pass for me. One of my biggest concerns for the rumored forthcoming Clone Commanders is that they end up being rendered in the animated style instead of the movie one....

I really want the movie-styled ones!They announced at last year's Comic-Con that Cmdr Cody would be coming as a "deluxe" figure, the ROTS armored figure will come with a second helmet, the animated Clone Wars helmet.

I'm assuming its Cody.Can't be Cody, they announced him last year, and his CW helmet has a square shape at the brow which would show in silhouette.

My guess is Rex since he would be a good companion piece for the recent CW Anakin figure.Interesting thought, good logic. But no shoulder pauldron and no viewfinder on the helmet in the silhouette.

dr_evazan22
04-02-2010, 07:47 PM
My guess is Rex since he would be a good companion piece for the recent CW Anakin figure.

Yeah, Rex is actually who I was thinking of. Cody just came ot mind.

JediTricks
04-08-2010, 11:11 PM
... and it's revealed to be a regular Ep 2 clone in blue markings.

Whoopee.

Bosskman
04-09-2010, 06:27 AM
Easy pass for me. This guy was only in AOTC for a split second as far as I know. On Kamino with his helmet OFF no less.

JediTricks
04-09-2010, 05:24 PM
But it's a Skittles-Trooper, and your collection won't be complete without BLUE - how will you taste the clone rainbow?!?

:p Seriously, I am sick to death of these lame, meaningless armor variants.

El Chuxter
04-09-2010, 05:28 PM
This was not what Lucas intended. He wanted us to keep snatching up all the various flavors of Clonetrooper.

Bosskman
04-10-2010, 01:36 PM
I'll probably get the Commander & Captain Phase 1 Clonetroopers when they come out, but not the Lt. or the Sgt.