PDA

View Full Version : I just found the Twin Pod Cloud Car!

El Chuxter
04-01-2010, 09:02 AM
I'm totally in shock. First, the alien Bespin Guard, now this!

I stopped off at Target this morning on the way to jury duty, and almost crapped myself when I saw an employee putting out a box that contained the Cloud Car. The Snowspeeder was also there, but there was a guy who looked like a Hot Wheels collector and had on too much cologne and who got the Snowspeeder first. But I digress.

I immediately opened this bad boy. I don't normally open toys until I get home, but, for the Cloud Car, I made an exception. I'm a little disappointed. It doesn't stay in "movie mode" particularly well at all. And the little rocket launchers, well, they've introduced a new feature whereby the rocket launchers take 3 AAA batteries, which I don't get the point of.

Other than that, it's not bad. I just hope I find the Pilot soon.

El Chuxter
04-01-2010, 09:12 AM
I almost forgot: April Fool's!

I really had you going there, didn't I?

mtriv73
04-01-2010, 11:10 AM
As good as that one was, these are better...hopefully they'll leave them up all day. I especially liked the super pii pii brothers game.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/

DarkArtist
04-01-2010, 11:36 AM
I'm totally in shock. First, the alien Bespin Guard, now this!

I stopped off at Target this morning on the way to jury duty, and almost crapped myself when I saw an employee putting out a box that contained the Cloud Car. The Snowspeeder was also there, but there was a guy who looked like a Hot Wheels collector and had on too much cologne and who got the Snowspeeder first. But I digress.

I immediately opened this bad boy. I don't normally open toys until I get home, but, for the Cloud Car, I made an exception. I'm a little disappointed. It doesn't stay in "movie mode" particularly well at all. And the little rocket launchers, well, they've introduced a new feature whereby the rocket launchers take 3 AAA batteries, which I don't get the point of.

Other than that, it's not bad. I just hope I find the Pilot soon.

nice one Chux. forgot today was April Fools actually...my office is boring and they don't do anything for April Fools...

As good as that one was, these are better...hopefully they'll leave them up all day. I especially liked the super pii pii brothers game.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/

i forwarded a pic of the Dharma clock to my wife...she is totally addicted to the show... figured she would get a kick out of it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Damn it, I was expecting a joke, and I still fell for it. :p

Snowtrooper
04-01-2010, 01:34 PM
I fell for it as well. You'd think we'd learn.

Engineernerd
04-01-2010, 06:03 PM
It's a trap! Oh maybe not. Nice work, this is the first one that got me today.

El Chuxter
04-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Okay, color me surprised. I figured, especially on the heels of the real Bespin Guard find, everyone would recognize this as fake immediately.

Ando
04-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Saw it from a mile away. Still, it was as good as Starbuck's website, www.collegehumor.com (http://www.collegehumor.com), and www.starwars.com (http://www.starwars.com).

El Chuxter
04-01-2010, 06:42 PM
What was starwars.com today? I checked it around noon, and it was normal as far as I could tell. starwars.wikia.com had a pretty unfunny feature article about a long-lost third Star Wars animated series from the 1980s, called Jabba!

Ando
04-01-2010, 06:47 PM
What was starwars.com today? I checked it around noon, and it was normal as far as I could tell. starwars.wikia.com had a pretty unfunny feature article about a long-lost third Star Wars animated series from the 1980s, called Jabba!

It's set up to look like a webpage from 1979 with updates about Episode V. Green writing on a black screen. Also, at the top left, there are Roman numerals I - IX underneath "Star Wars" in old school style font.

Mostly just clever, not necessarilly funny.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-01-2010, 07:46 PM
I'm not seeing the StarWars.com thing; it looks normal to me. I know they did the green-on-black thing a few years ago, though.

The one on Rebelscum was pretty hilarious. Not in its inception or execution, but in how freaked out people got because of it. Dan Curto had photoshopped several modern figures to have vintage-styled paintjobs and said Hasbro was going to be releasing exclusive chase figures that way (which is a pretty awful joke, since they're doing vintage-colored Zuckuss and 4-LOM as CV exclusives, so it's well within the realm of possibility and he's well know for his often-accurate rumor lists). He put these figures on a rumor list that was evidently not supposed to be released until today, but somebody (unrelated to the prank) saw it a few days ago and mentioned it in the forums. After getting their hopes way, way up, several forumites over there got downright FURIOUS that the RS mods made a joke a few days before April 1, despite the fact that, you know, it wasn't supposed to. The subline was even called Antique Force Detail (think AFD), which should have tipped them off right away. Now the article got pulled and the ones responsible haven't said anything. You'd think he would have learned after the backlash due to Hasbro's April Fools joke a few years ago. I love this hobby, but too many people take it way, way too seriously.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-02-2010, 01:16 AM
I just noticed that the Darthipedia is ┐Dorapedia?

AmanaMatt
04-02-2010, 09:30 AM
I almost forgot: April Fool's!

I really had you going there, didn't I?

Considering I just read this 4/2, good one!!! LOL.....it sounded good!

TheDarthVader
04-02-2010, 05:53 PM
I just now read this post. I had a feeling it was a joke. :Par:

bigbarada
04-02-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm not seeing the StarWars.com thing; it looks normal to me. I know they did the green-on-black thing a few years ago, though.

The one on Rebelscum was pretty hilarious. Not in its inception or execution, but in how freaked out people got because of it. Dan Curto had photoshopped several modern figures to have vintage-styled paintjobs and said Hasbro was going to be releasing exclusive chase figures that way (which is a pretty awful joke, since they're doing vintage-colored Zuckuss and 4-LOM as CV exclusives, so it's well within the realm of possibility and he's well know for his often-accurate rumor lists). He put these figures on a rumor list that was evidently not supposed to be released until today, but somebody (unrelated to the prank) saw it a few days ago and mentioned it in the forums. After getting their hopes way, way up, several forumites over there got downright FURIOUS that the RS mods made a joke a few days before April 1, despite the fact that, you know, it wasn't supposed to. The subline was even called Antique Force Detail (think AFD), which should have tipped them off right away. Now the article got pulled and the ones responsible haven't said anything. You'd think he would have learned after the backlash due to Hasbro's April Fools joke a few years ago. I love this hobby, but too many people take it way, way too seriously.

I read that and the concept seemed plausible considering how Hasbro loves to repaint stuff in goofy colors. It wasn't until I took a close look at some of the photos and saw that some of them were clearly Photshopped that I caught on to the joke. However, some of them actually looked more like customs that had been photographed.

It wasn't something that I was getting overly excited about, except I would have definitely bought the all cloth caped Jawa; but that's about it.

2-1B
04-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Chux, you mean the Hot Wheels Guy didn't leave the Snowspeeder behind due to its movie inaccuracies ??? Come on, a gunner couldn't even fit in that thing unless he was a double amputee.

Snowtrooper
04-03-2010, 10:04 AM
I fell for RS's joke, but I thought it was hilarious. I almost came back here and created a post for it before I realized it was a joke.

Yeah, some people were livid about the whole thing. I wish they'd remember this is a hobby and not life and death. But some people take everything seriously.

El Chuxter
04-03-2010, 12:23 PM
You'd think he would have learned after the backlash due to Hasbro's April Fools joke a few years ago. I love this hobby, but too many people take it way, way too seriously.
I agree with the too seriously part. But, in fairness, there's a difference between doing something silly on April 1, and building people's hopes up in late July and then saying "April Fools!"

I just noticed that the Darthipedia is ┐Dorapedia?
The real April Fools prank there would be making that thing funny. That's the least funny humor site I've ever encountered.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-03-2010, 02:41 PM
The real April Fools prank there would be making that thing funny. That's the least funny humor site I've ever encountered.Really? I thought Darthipedia was pretty funny. The page on Darth Animal alone cracked me up:

"Mess with Darth Animal you do not, for glass he eats, man."
―Yoda warning his Padawans about Darth Animal

Darth Animal, born Animal Goldberg-Fett, was a raging madman from Kashyyyk. Born to a Mandalorian father and a Wookiee mother (which technically made him a Klingon), he was Darth Elmo's main enforcer because he Pwnd ultimate due to his unique heritage. His official Sesame Street title was Darth Elmo's Hand. He destroyed three planets before joining Sesame Street, impressing Darth Elmo so much that he was given the moniker Darth and a less subtle one. His main task in the Sesame Street organization was to utterly destroy anyone who would oppose his masters rule. he was in fact the last line of defense for Darth Elmo the Treacherous. Later in his career, he used Force Disco in the horrible Twi'lek Purge, and afterward escaping Darth Darth Binks's wrath using only his primal cunning. His end came when he "argued" with Kermit on who had the better lightsaber form (Darth Animal's Jar'Kai vs. Kermit's Ataru).

It almost sounds like something you would come up with.

The site still has the Dora appearance.

El Chuxter
04-03-2010, 03:20 PM
I just got bogged down in pages of unfunny exposition about Grover having lots of sex with Aayla Secura, and it never got to a punchline.