PDA

View Full Version : Big Slave I rumors again?

Dark Marble
04-02-2010, 10:41 AM
I was just reading about how hasbro has picked up the license for Star Trek toys and one of the ships will be a big Enterprise. However, what was interesting about the description was that it referenced the success of the BMF and the anticipated success of the Big AT-AT and Big Slave I.

Is this more April fools junk, misinformation, or did a close to the vest secret about a Big Slave I just get leaked???

Link to article:

http://cooltoyreview.com/story/front/411_New_Star_Trek_On_The_Horizon_130430.asp

mtriv73
04-02-2010, 10:51 AM
I was just reading about how hasbro has picked up the license for Star Trek toys and one of the ships will be a big Enterprise. However, what was interesting about the description was that it referenced the success of the BMF and the anticipated success of the Big AT-AT and Big Slave I.

Is this more April fools junk, misinformation, or did a close to the vest secret about a Big Slave I just get leaked???

Link to article:

http://cooltoyreview.com/story/front/411_New_Star_Trek_On_The_Horizon_130430.asp

That has april fool's written all over it. I can't imagine that whoever had the Star Trek License for the last movie would have only had a 1 year agreement. Also, since it seemed like sales of those toys tanked, I can't imagine them taking the risk on something like that.

The thing about the Kirk hands seals the deal, it's definitely an April fools joke.

Dark Marble
04-02-2010, 10:58 AM
I agree. I know that April fools is a great time to screw with collectors minds, but I would prefer that after the day is done some type of indicator was put on the articles to let us know it was all in fun.

JediTricks
04-02-2010, 03:48 PM
They april fooled you. No way Hasbro would buy the Trek license right now, it's a worthless license for them as they market to kids first, and there's no interest for kids.

TheDarthVader
04-02-2010, 05:52 PM
ha ha ha ha ha he he he he.......not funny. :ninja:

DarkArtist
04-03-2010, 12:37 PM
damn was hoping this was true..would love to see Hasbro's direction with Star Trek...would be awesome if they also made Classic Star Trek as well as some of the other spin-off series, DS9, TNG, Enterprise, Voyager etc. would love to see a Wrath of Khan series.

this is why April Fools can be a real pain at times...lol

bigbarada
04-03-2010, 07:47 PM
damn was hoping this was true..would love to see Hasbro's direction with Star Trek...would be awesome if they also made Classic Star Trek as well as some of the other spin-off series, DS9, TNG, Enterprise, Voyager etc. would love to see a Wrath of Khan series.

this is why April Fools can be a real pain at times...lol

Yeah, I'm sure that DS9 and Voyager based toys would just fly off the shelves right now. ;)

morpheus282
04-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Geared towards the kids, Hasbro will be offering a selection of cool role play toys including the Federation Phaser, Romulan Phaser, Federation Communicator, Sulu's Sword, and in the spirit of the Hulk hands, Kirk Hands

Kirk hands, eh? With real groping action no doubt.

If done the way they described the big Enterprise could be pretty cool. I just don't see how it would be possible to do it in the 3.5' scale described and still have all the features as well as being approximately to scale and not letting the nacelle pylons be too fragile. I didn't see any acknowledgement that it was a 4/1 prank, but I'd agree that it must have been until I see official word from Hasbro.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-04-2010, 09:43 PM
With Boba Fett and the Slave I's upcoming appearance in The Clone Wars, as well as his probable future in the live-action show and this being the 30th anniversary of ESB, I still think there's a possibility for some sort of Slave I release. Perhaps they're saving it for Comic-Con or CV? Who knows.

morpheus282
04-04-2010, 09:58 PM
I definately don't think it's impossible to have a big Slave 1, I just don't think this article is a good source for reliable information. I just don't think they'll release both the AT-AT and Slave 1 this Christmas season. Seems like too much too close together.

Darth Jax
04-05-2010, 07:42 AM
the falcon had another large vehicle out at similar time.

morpheus282
04-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Yes, the BMF and the AT-TE were out at the same time, but those were aimed at two different groups (OT and CW, adults and kids, however you want to look at it) and those were also different economic times.

Again, while I don't think the big Slave 1 is out of the question I do think it's less likely to be released this year. If I'm wrong, I'll be glad to admit that I'm wrong.

Tycho
04-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Since Slave-One is either an ESB ship or an AOTC ship, I think the next big vehicle should be Jabba's Sailbarge from ROTJ:

AOTC: AT-TE
ROTS: TurboTank
ANH: Millennium Falcon
ESB: AT-AT

For TPM, an MTT makes the most sense as it can appear in Clone Wars and the Republic already has two large heavy weapons platforms for ground assault. (They did make that rather large Octoparra Droid though - but it's not from TPM)

A ROTJ specific vehicle would have to be the Sailbarge. Hasbro said they don't have interest in updating the Emperor's Shuttle once again.

As for Trek, I'd love a DS9 Dominion War toy line that you could fleet build with action-figure interacting warships - especially the smaller fighters. That might make a great live-action spin-off series, too (The Dominion Wars). It's not Roddenberry-esque, but it's what the bloodthirsty public wants since they banned feeding people to lions.