PDA

View Full Version : Titanium V-19 custom

Darth Duranium
04-02-2010, 10:01 PM
I chopped up a scrap piece of plastic and slapped on a clear canopy for the V-19 Torrent. Hasbro said they were going to do the same, but they never did get around to it.
Cool that it's got a viewable cockpit. :)

Darth Windu
04-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Looks good DH :) I did that a while back but was never able to get pics. I think a fully painted cockpit helps too, which I haven't gotten around to doing.

Darth Duranium
04-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Cool, DW... couldn't remember who'd done a clear canopy. Yeah, I thought about a bit of cockpit paint or a colour wash too... but I'm just too lazy.
Much improved without that lame yellow canopy on it. huh?

Darth Windu
04-06-2010, 04:02 AM
Absolutely! I still can't believe why Hasbro went to the trouble of detailing the cockpit, and then hid it with an opaque yellow canopy. Bizarre. But yeah huge improvement with the clear canopy.

With the clear canopy modification, I was the one who did that and upon finding the detailed cockpit, asked Hasbro why they'd done what they'd done, with hasbro then replying about bringing out a clear-canopy version.

In other news, I finally have a dedicated Titanium Series display case, yay! Now they can all see the light of day, just have to make a few modifications to some WOTC ships to add them in too :)

JediTricks
04-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Very cool! Remember when Hasbro claimed they were re-releasing it with the clear canopy? Oops!

cloneemperor
04-06-2010, 04:26 PM
If I ever get my hands a couple more of these I might have to try that. did you use any particular piece of plastic, how brittle is it?

Darth Duranium
04-06-2010, 05:37 PM
In other news, I finally have a dedicated Titanium Series display case, yay! Now they can all see the light of day, just have to make a few modifications to some WOTC ships to add them in too :)

Looking forward to some pics... it is good to have a Wall Of Titanium!

Very cool! Remember when Hasbro claimed they were re-releasing it with the clear canopy? Oops!

Yeah, it was supposed to be a "running change" after their screw-up. Didn't run very far... must have had both feet welded to the factory floor.

If I ever get my hands on a couple more of these I might have to try that. did you use any particular piece of plastic, how brittle is it?

I used the clear plastic packing material that came with one of the DeAgostini ships (ARC-170 I think), and hacked off a piece that was already curved the right way.
I cut it to match the original shape so it just slots into the tabs inside. The plastic's not brittle at all... quite pliable, much like the plastic gauge that the Titaniums come packaged in. A 5 minute mod... my kind of effort level! :D

Darth Windu
04-06-2010, 09:13 PM
I did much the same - cut off a section of Titanium packaging, bent it to fit, bent two side panels, put small holes in the side pieces to go into the existing spike thingys, and done :)