PDA

View Full Version : Would You Buy A Larger TIE Bomber from ESB?

Tycho
04-05-2010, 04:14 PM
I am continuing my 3 3/4" vehicle thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case A Larger TIE Bomber from ESB).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy A Larger TIE Bomber from ESB?

This poll is for a complete re-mold. You can vote for a re-release of the 2001 POTJ mold if you want to see that happen, but I am planning on discussing "the big one."

The ship would look the same at first glance - only being bigger. On the bomb loading side, a magazine of 5 larger torpedo-shaped bombs could be stored, with a release to drop them 1 at a time via a hinge release. Or - you could just hold that open to "carpet bomb." 4 firing missiles would be added - two on the front of each of the twin pods that comprise the ship's body.

The cockpit would seat 3 figures: a pilot, a navigator, and a bombardier - probably in a straight line to save space on the toy. Batteries for electronics could go in the back of the cockpit section for the usual lights and sound effects we desperately want on our TIEs.

The bomber side could have the bombs removed and fold down seats for troops. These crafts were also used as boarding vehicles for stormtroopers. The front end should open up with a deployment hatchway so the ship could connect with the Tantive IV for example, and deploy Imperial boarding parties.

So do you want A Larger TIE Bomber made?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

El Chuxter
04-05-2010, 04:36 PM
No.

And this sentence is because I need at least ten characters.

LTBasker
04-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Nah, I think the current Bomber is the perfect size. It already has some nice features and a decent heft, plus I think they could just give it some new features pretty easily if they wanted to freshen it up.

bigbarada
04-05-2010, 04:48 PM
I would buy a rerelease of the POTJ TIE Bomber with larger wings (it's missing the wing extensions). Other than that, I see no point in buying a complete remake of the toy. Considering the amount of time we see it in the film, the current version is as good as we can expect (except for the smallish wings).

Darth Metalmute
04-05-2010, 04:58 PM
I'm happy with the one we got. I have 3, so even if they do the wings correctly on the old one like BigBarada suggests, I wouldn't pick it up.

DarkJedi5
04-05-2010, 05:07 PM
I've got one of the newer ones, I really like it but I could be convinced to shell out for one with bigger wings. I think that's the only thing I need to see changed though.

Slicker
04-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Nah, I think the current Bomber is the perfect size. It already has some nice features and a decent heft, plus I think they could just give it some new features pretty easily if they wanted to freshen it up.That was pretty much exactly what I was thinking. The one we have its a good size already and, as BigB said, it's not really in the film long enough to justify it.

mtriv73
04-05-2010, 05:42 PM
I'd buy it for the upgraded cockpit, but I'm pretty happy with the one we have. With the upgrades and increase in size your talking about, it would be at least $65-$75 and I think that would drive a lot of people away.

El Chuxter
04-05-2010, 06:22 PM
I should clarify what I said earlier. If it were to factor into the ongoing tale of Captain Frassk and come with a pack-in Frassk figure, I would buy it, as long as it costs less than $3.95.

JediTricks
04-05-2010, 06:36 PM
No.

The only thing I was displeased with was a lack of cover on the bomb chute, you load the bombs in and fly it and they fall back out the top when the ship is inverted. As I no longer whoosh my TIE Bomber much anymore, and could easily make a plug to go in there if I wanted, it's a moot issue. I have a TIE Bomber, it's fine.

Darth Jax
04-05-2010, 07:26 PM
NO. The several i have are fine. it's onscreen so little you wouldn't be able to convince me it needs to be bigger.

Old Fossil
04-05-2010, 09:46 PM
No. But thanks for asking.

Maradona
04-05-2010, 10:42 PM
If this were to be released as an exclusive to either Target or WM, I would say yes. It would be overpriced, but exclusives go on clearance at these stores and the TIE Bomber would end up being reasonably priced.

Slicker
04-05-2010, 11:17 PM
I should clarify what I said earlier. If it were to factor into the ongoing tale of Captain Frassk and come with a pack-in Frassk figure, I would buy it, as long as it costs less than $3.95.TIE Bombers are blunt instruments of destruction whereas Frassk and his CMT squad are more a tip of the spear infiltration and stealth unit so I don't know if he'd have one with his markings on it. As for the Frassk figure itself I'd be totally down for it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-06-2010, 01:48 AM
I'm pretty sure I already have two, but the fact that I'm not 100% sure means that it's not my favorite vehicle and I don't really need another.

DarkArtist
04-06-2010, 10:04 AM
I'd say YES to a larger more accurate version of the Bomber....I love the POTJ version and would love to see Hasbro redo this ship and give us the end all be all of TIE Bombers.

Snowtrooper
04-06-2010, 01:16 PM
I really liked the previous releases of the TIE Bomber, especially the grey version. Its one of the best vehicles Hasbro has ever made. I have no need for a super-sized version of it.

Devo
04-06-2010, 08:12 PM
I love the POTJ version and would love to see Hasbro redo this ship and give us the end all be all of TIE Bombers.

Normally the first part of this sentence would not naturally lead to the second part.

No, I wouldn't be interested in this. The old one is still cool and its just not important enough anyway. And you never get a sense of its scale in the film anyway. Despite what the Essential guide to Vehicles might show us as far as anyone else is aware this was no bigger than any other TIE.

Tycho
04-29-2010, 01:00 PM
A new TIE Bomber loses 5-10.

I'm alright with this myself. The one we got is awesome!

DarthQuack
07-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Not sure where else to bump it....but we're getting a TIE Bomber.

From another site (http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=20870.msg480619%3Bboardseen#new).

El Chuxter
07-16-2010, 03:04 PM
That's cool I think since film evidence suggests TIE's had ejection seats.

Huh? Did I miss something?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-16-2010, 03:09 PM
Even though I said I don't need it, I'm gonna get the new one. My answers in these polls are no match for actually seeing the product. :p

The box also shows the Swamp Speeder and Hyena Bomber we saw prototypes of months ago, and another repaint of the AAT; hopefully this one won't have a giant Separatist logo so I can use it in a Naboo diorama.

bigbarada
07-16-2010, 04:03 PM
My answers in these polls are no match for actually seeing the product. :p

Where did you see the new version?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. Not super thrilled that they didn't fix the tiny wings, so I'll probably pass on this one.

JediTricks
07-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Not sure where else to bump it....but we're getting a TIE Bomber.

From another site (http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=20870.msg480619%3Bboardseen#new).N ice find. Wow, that surely is... another TIE Bomber. I wonder what the pricepoint will be. It looks standard $25, if it is, then I'll be tempted, but it will come down to the bomb chute situation. And even then, only if it's on sale. :p

Huh? Did I miss something?Yeah, I thought the same thing. I suspect they're referring to the blown-out TIE pilot, thinking it was from a TIE Bomber, but actually that was a regular TIE Fighter in that shot.