PDA

View Full Version : SSG's Monthly Hasbro Q&A - April 8th

JediTricks
04-08-2010, 02:32 PM
"To J-hook or not to J-hook?", that is the question. And from it, we have Hasbro's answers to SSG questions for April 8th, 2010. Thanks again to Hasbro for the answers, to all the folks who sent in questions and especially those who voted on them. Here come Hasbro's answers.

Hasbro Q&A for the week of April 8th, 2010

SSG: With the reveal of the Vintage Collection cardbacks using the classic Kenner styling, there's one oddity which doesn't fit with modern retail. The previous Vintage-style cardbacks came in clamshells that had J-hooks, but this new line has no clamshells and the samples you've shown have no J-hooks, only punch-through hanger holes with plastic reinforcement on the back. Isn't this a risky gamble, making it harder for consumers to get to product and for employees trying to restock? Was this considered, and if so, why was the decision made to stay with the old-style hangers?

Hasbro: It was not without discussion that we decided to do this, since we know that it could make getting at a figure on a peg behind several other figures somewhat tedious, and a potential risk for consumers pulling them off pegs forcefully. The decision was made to stay with the old-style punched because we feel the cards look best and most true to Vintage that way. They have been reinforced with a custom plastic tab to ensure that they won't be easily damaged by being pulled off pegs, but we still have the issue of impatient consumers not willing to take figures off to get to the one they want as well as for employees restocking.

SSG: Snowspeeder Luke is an amazing figure, but collectors have numerous issues and are wondering if they might be addressed on a future re-release. Issues including the awkward hand poses, the wrong saber hilt (again), no lit lightsaber, no way to plug the saber hilt into the belt, no way to hook the grappling gun onto the belt, the thermal cap on the head that disappears and reappears throughout the character wearing this costume on Hoth and Dagobah, the raised helmet visor in the AT-AT attack, and even Luke not wearing his gloves in the costume on Dagobah. Let me state again, fans love this figure overall, it's just that they love it so much they've taken a hard look and see the issues as they stand. So, will any or all of those issues be addressed on a future re-release of this figure?

Hasbro: We are glad to hear that you and many of the fans like the figure. Currently we do not have a plan to release another new Hoth Luke in the immediate future but we do plan on doing other Luke figures. We can look to address the lightsaber hilt issue. We do appreciate all the comments and feedback which helps us to improve our products and when we do revise the Hoth figure in the future we will definitely look at making some if not all the improvements you suggest.

- -

And our questions at CollectionStation.com (http://www.collectionstation.com/groups/view/Star-Wars/Official-Hasbro-Q-A-482010_76):

The Dark Trooper, across its 4 figures and 3 phases, always seems to have underwhelming release scenarios. Both phase II releases (the '98 EU wave, and TAC's re-release Saga Legends wave) were headaches to track down; the phase III was spread across expensive exclusive sets so it cost $85 to build, and its repaint was canceled; and now the phase I is stuck in the end-of-the-line wave that has been repurposed to low-production TRU-exclusivity. Clearly, the Dark Trooper has among the worst luck of all Star Wars figures. Has there been any thought to releasing a multi-pack of the 3 Dark Trooper figures together so that collectors finally can army-build the characters they want? Or if that won't fly, maybe you could pack in that new and also hard-to-get Kyle Katarn figure with them and have a Dark Forces theme set?
The Resurgence of the Jedi battle pack has a new ANH Luke Skywalker and already fans are enjoying the new likeness and the torso design, but the other elements have some issues. The VOTC Luke's legs were used here, and they seem too small for this figure, underproportioned compared to the upper body. Also, the plastic "skirt" is rather stiff, preventing the figure from sitting down, extra frustrating since this scene he's sitting down most of the time. And the head deco is odd, cast in white plastic and then painted. Might a future ANH Luke figure address these problems while still using the head and torso sculpts?
It's been 6 years since the last Luke Hoth Gear figure. While that was a nifty item for its time, its sculpt and articulation is specific to 1 part of the movie. Any chance of us getting an updated Luke Hoth, perhaps with a swappable likeness to represent before and after the Wampa attack? We know you usually would prefer to do this via a running change, but after the myriad of running-change-figure problems you had recently, that seems like a troubled route to take, especially with an important character such as this.
In a recent Q&A, you stated that you weren't going to be bringing back the POTF collector coins for the foreseeable future, which meant no reusing the POTF card style. This shoots down hope of seeing vintage updates of the "last 15" POTF figures on their original cards. While we understand the reluctance to revisit coins, if you were planning to update any of the original POTF figures under the "Vintage Collection" line, would you merely put them on their corresponding movie cards? In other words, figures like Yak Face, Barada, General Lando, etc., would be placed on ROTJ cards; while figures like Luke Stormtrooper or an Imperial Gunner could go on 1978-styled Star Wars cards? Or are those "last 15" POTF characters off-limits to The Vintage Collection because of their original cards?

JediTricks
04-08-2010, 02:53 PM
And bam, there they are, all 4 CS questions.

The J-hook and Darktrooper questions made me happy.

I fee like the POTF answer was so obvious, but there you have confirmation.

I'm not surprised to hear running changes are dead now, it was a cool idea but it just hit the wall so hard.

bigbarada
04-08-2010, 02:56 PM
There answer to the POTF card question suggests that none of the "last 15" vintage figures are even planned for the next 2 years. :(

El Chuxter
04-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Didn't we have a Cruisemissile question, or is that for the next round? You're not trying to deny the will of the people and cover up our love for the Cruisemissile, are you?

Mostly good answers this time, and a pretty good one with Luke. The thing about running changes inspired me to go submit a new question, though....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Didn't we have a Cruisemissile question, or is that for the next round? You're not trying to deny the will of the people and cover up our love for the Cruisemissile, are you?
Hi, welcome to last month. :p

Nothing too shocking or groundbreaking this time, but it's always nice to be able to plant ideas in their heads.

El Chuxter
04-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Duh, u is rite, I forgetted. :stupid:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-08-2010, 10:55 PM
In other news . . .

A few sites got the lineup for Saga Legends this fall:

Wave 1
SL01 Bossk
SL02 IG-88
SL03 Zuckuss
SL04 Greedo
SL05 Jango Fett
SL06 Darth Vader
SL07 Leia Boush
SL08 Darth Maul
SL09 Grievous
SL10 Clone Trooper Ep II
SL11 Anakin- Darth Vader
SL12 Obi-Wan

Wave 2
SL13 Yoda
SL14 R2D2
SL15 Shock Trooper
SL16 Clone Trooper Ep III
SL17 C3PO
SL18 Chewbacca
SL19 501st Trooper
SL20 Battle Droid 2 pack
SL21 Luke Snow Speeder
SL22 Han Solo Hoth
SL23 Snowtrooper

I know it's ESB's 30th anniversary and TCW has the whole bounty hunters thing, but hopefully putting four bounty hunters into the assortment will not make them hang around. I wonder if the battle droid two-pack will be a better sculpt than the ones from 2007, but I doubt it. Glad to see the Snowtrooper, as always. Leia Boushh can be something of a slow seller, but still, I'm glad to see Saesee and Plo out of here.

In the Dewback Patrol Q&A, they said that a new Endor Rebel Trooper is slated for the fall, presumably in wave 3. Strangely, it sounds like they're still in the early planning stages, and apparently don't know what facial hair he'll have. Shouldn't they have that figured out by now, or am I misreading it?

According to Echo Base Forums, they'll be releasing a cold weather version of either Kit Fisto or Plo Koon, from the comics. Sounds cool (zing!).

Rebelscum got the list of greatest hits repacks:

- 4-LOM (EpV wave)
- Stormtrooper (EpIII wave)
- Commander Cody (EpIII wave)
- EpIII Obi-Wan (EpIII wave)
- EpIII Clone Trooper (EpIII wave)
- Yoda with hover chair (EpVI wave)
- EpII Obi-Wan (EpII wave)
- Mace Windu (EpII wave)
- Super Battle Droid (EpII wave)

I think the stormtrooper is going to be a sandtrooper, based on what they said last time, but I guess either one works. Re-releasing the 2003 Yoda with hoverchair (without Chian?) seems odd, so maybe it'll be some different configuration of parts.

Oola confirmed to come with Jabba; it'll be an all-new sculpt. (Have they confirmed the dais elsewhere?)

El Chuxter
04-08-2010, 11:05 PM
Kinda curious that they confirmed a Battle Droid 2-pack, since that seems to go against what they've said both about production costs and fitting in with the vintage design. I know it would cost less tooling-wise to produce two identical BD's than two different Ewoks, but wouldn't actually producing two much larger figures offset the slight savings, meaning it's essentially the same as what they said was an issue with the Ewoks?

No word on which are new, which are reissues, and which are slight updates or accessory changes, I take it.

DarkJedi5
04-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Kinda curious that they confirmed a Battle Droid 2-pack, since that seems to go against what they've said both about production costs and fitting in with the vintage design. I know it would cost less tooling-wise to produce two identical BD's than two different Ewoks, but wouldn't actually producing two much larger figures offset the slight savings, meaning it's essentially the same as what they said was an issue with the Ewoks?

No word on which are new, which are reissues, and which are slight updates or accessory changes, I take it.

Well the battle droids are in the saga legends line so they will be on the shadows of the Darkside card, not vintage. Because it's saga legends, there's no tooling involved in that equation, just straight reuse of the old mold. Also, all the saga legends figures are presumably straight repacks, nothing new and probably very little in terms of updates other than maybe paint.

El Chuxter
04-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Ah, didn't notice they were Legends. Still, I'd rather have two 'Woks, even if it means re-using a mold for a "lesser" Ewok... or maybe tossing Teek, Kaink, or Chukha-Trok in, since they're already tooled.

The Vintage line has been confirmed to be a mix of old and new, though, which is what I was asking about. I can't imagine they'd make a new Leia Boushh, for instance, but I wouldn't put it past them, either.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Yeah, all the Saga Legends (on the "shadows of the dark side" card, in that first list I posted) and greatest hits (on the vintage card, in the second list) are presumably old or only slightly different. Also, they had a battle droid two-pack in Saga Legends back in 2007, available in four different variations, no less; I'm expecting it to be one of those, but I hope it's a pair with generic, limited battle damage.

Leia Boushh is in Saga Legends, so it's an old figure (the 2006 one).

El Chuxter
04-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Dang, I'm totally a moron today. Three times, JJL. I didn't look closely, and thought the first batch were Vintage and the Greatest Hits were Saga Legends.

So, maybe I'm further showing ignorance, but what exactly is the difference between SL and GH?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-08-2010, 11:32 PM
Both Saga Legends and Greatest Hits are old figures who are released either unchanged or changed only slightly. The difference is, Greatest Hits ship in the same cases as the main line of basic figures and are under the same assortment number, while Saga Legends are in their own separate shipping cases and assortment number. (That's basically all you need to know, but more info follows.)

Greatest Hits figures appear on the exact same card design as the other main basic figures, be it 2008's The Legacy Collection stormtrooper helmet cards, 2009's red-and-white cards with black trim, and 2010's The Vintage Collection vintage-style cards. They are numbered like the rest of the main line (aside from the first four GH figures from July 2008, which is how the subline got its name). They also feature the same pack-in (or lack thereof) as the main figures, meaning they had droid parts up until now and will have nothing in the fall. There is no clear difference between them and the new figures; it's up to you (or websites) to tell what you do and don't have.

Saga Legends, up until now, have appeared on cards similar to the Greatest Hits figures, but were always specifically called out on the packaging - in 2007, they had orange accents while the main 30th Anniversary Collection figures had red; in 2008, they were identical to the Droid Factory line, aside from the name on the insert; and in 2009, they had orange accents while Droid Factory had black. In the fall, however, they'll be on the new blue sky packaging look (nicknamed "shadows of the dark side" by Hasbro), same as the new The Clone Wars figures. In 2007, they had movie- (or EU-) specific coins; in 2008 and 2009, they had the clone weapons locker; in the fall, they'll have a base and parts to some new game, including a card, a die, and maybe some more stuff.

El Chuxter
04-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Okay, so the GH figures will be the ones on vintage-style cards. Got it.

Which makes it seem a bit odd that Leia Boushh wouldn't be a "Greatest Hits" figure if they're accurate in their plans to release updates to all the vintage figures on vintage-style cards, since that means they'll need to re-release her again and I wouldn't think she'd be the hottest seller around.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Okay, so the GH figures will be the ones on vintage-style cards. Got it.

Which makes it seem a bit odd that Leia Boushh wouldn't be a "Greatest Hits" figure if they're accurate in their plans to release updates to all the vintage figures on vintage-style cards, since that means they'll need to re-release her again and I wouldn't think she'd be the hottest seller around.
Another thing: they haven't specifically announced plans to update all the vintage figures. They simply said it could be a fun thing to try and do if the line does well in its first two years and they choose to continue it longer than that.

El Chuxter
04-08-2010, 11:39 PM
I coulda sworn everyone was talking about that a couple of months back. Damn, this is just my day to be wrong, isn't it? Good thing I didn't do my taxes today.

JediTricks
04-09-2010, 12:07 AM
There answer to the POTF card question suggests that none of the "last 15" vintage figures are even planned for the next 2 years. :(I don't really see that as a problem. They're either not planned for the next 18 months, or they're planned far enough away that they're still on the bubble, but it means they're not off the chopping block, right?

Duh, u is rite, I forgetted. :stupid:No, it's a conspiracy of epic magnitude!!! :p Never give up, never surrender!

In other news . . .

A few sites got the lineup for Saga Legends this fall:

Wave 1
SL01 Bossk
SL02 IG-88
SL03 Zuckuss
SL04 Greedo
SL05 Jango Fett
SL06 Darth Vader
SL07 Leia Boush
SL08 Darth Maul
SL09 Grievous
SL10 Clone Trooper Ep II
SL11 Anakin- Darth Vader
SL12 Obi-Wan

Wave 2
SL13 Yoda
SL14 R2D2
SL15 Shock Trooper
SL16 Clone Trooper Ep III
SL17 C3PO
SL18 Chewbacca
SL19 501st Trooper
SL20 Battle Droid 2 pack
SL21 Luke Snow Speeder
SL22 Han Solo Hoth
SL23 Snowtrooper

I know it's ESB's 30th anniversary and TCW has the whole bounty hunters thing, but hopefully putting four bounty hunters into the assortment will not make them hang around. I wonder if the battle droid two-pack will be a better sculpt than the ones from 2007, but I doubt it. Glad to see the Snowtrooper, as always. Leia Boushh can be something of a slow seller, but still, I'm glad to see Saesee and Plo out of here.I have a feeling you're right about those BHs being slow sellers, when I saw that I felt like that was an odd gamble for a kid-centric line. On the other hand, if kids like fun, those should be fun figures to own... except Zuckuss, he looks like a slow fat insect guy, not really an action man. :p

In the Dewback Patrol Q&A, they said that a new Endor Rebel Trooper is slated for the fall, presumably in wave 3. Strangely, it sounds like they're still in the early planning stages, and apparently don't know what facial hair he'll have. Shouldn't they have that figured out by now, or am I misreading it?The tooling plans may be already completed for the body, and the head is still being decided on. It'd be easier with the ball jointing to do it this way, the head tooling can take longer since it's not holding up the majority of the tooling anymore. But yeah, that is odd that they don't know what's going to happen in the next 7 months.

Rebelscum got the list of greatest hits repacks:

- 4-LOM (EpV wave)
- Stormtrooper (EpIII wave)
- Commander Cody (EpIII wave)
- EpIII Obi-Wan (EpIII wave)
- EpIII Clone Trooper (EpIII wave)
- Yoda with hover chair (EpVI wave)
- EpII Obi-Wan (EpII wave)
- Mace Windu (EpII wave)
- Super Battle Droid (EpII wave)

I think the stormtrooper is going to be a sandtrooper, based on what they said last time, but I guess either one works. Re-releasing the 2003 Yoda with hoverchair (without Chian?) seems odd, so maybe it'll be some different configuration of parts.Sandtrooper? I hope not, they've overused that mold to death lately in the Saga Legends line. Plus, they have been going back and forth on which Stormtrooper tooling fans should get next based on some folks liking VOTC and others liking TAC and still others wanting something built around the updated Han & Luke Trooper bodies.

(Have they confirmed the dais elsewhere?)Yes, WITH US!!! Dood, how could you forget Oct 2nd of last year:
SSG: In the last round, we asked a question about the possibilities of a new Jabba's dais, but the answer we received was instead about Jabba himself. While that was good news for fans to hear and we are quite hopeful on the Hutt gangster front, we're also curious about his dais. Our hypothetical question was asking what pricepoint and format might it be released in for all that new tooling, and would the set include the existing railing and hookah or just assume that enough collectors have the piece and leave it out? Would it have wheels? Would you go back and use the Kenner vintage throne tooling? And what are the odds of seeing the hypothetical Jabba's Dais we're discussing here?
Hasbro: Sorry to have you spend a second question to follow-up; we thought that our answer suggested it would be *all* new, dais and everything. No idea on price point or format, other than this would not fit anything in the mainline so it points toward the exclusive lineup. The odds of actually seeing it depend on many factors: the ability to cost this beast out with the tooling it would entail; a willing retail partner; a successful sell-through of this year's exclusive lineup to merit confidence that such an item would find a receptive audience. We can confirm that we are working on a new set, but the above factors are still not nailed down yet so it's not a guarantee that you will see him in 2010.

No word on which are new, which are reissues, and which are slight updates or accessory changes, I take it.They said when Battle Droids aren't new tooling, they are ok with using it in a 2pack. It helps that Saga Legends has a wider bubble than Vintage, that line really hosed us. Also, 2 battle droids will have no assembly or paint variations, they can mass-produce them without concern for unique elements.

Greatest Hits mean all existing tooling, no updates, but it's been known to happen, so I guess wait and see but assume no changes.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Yes, WITH US!!! Dood, how could you forget Oct 2nd of last year:
It was my mom's birthday and the Clone Wars season 2 premiere. I had a lot going on. :p

JediTricks
04-09-2010, 04:12 PM
It was my mom's birthday and the Clone Wars season 2 premiere. I had a lot going on. :p
Worst... excuse... ever

DarkJedi5
04-09-2010, 06:01 PM
So there are two things that it seems Hasbro has invited us to weigh in on. First was this response over at actionfigurenews.ca:

AFN: A few sites on the net have preorders up for some of the cancelled comic packs, more specifically Jaster Mereel and Montross. Now, considering Entertainment Earth scooped up the previously cancelled comic pack, will we be seeing this set at some point, either in the stores or through some sort of online retailer like Entertainment Earth, or even as single figures, or will this comic pack never see the light of day?

Hasbro: We are making one last attempt to try and get these released, and we are talking to Entertainment Earth. However, it's not a slam dunk as we have to meet our factory minimums. If they are not released as Comic Packs, the wait for them as single figures or in another format will be very long and they might never see a release.

I, for one, would really like to see these comic packs make it out (for the record, in case you don't know, the rumored comic packs are: Jaster Mereel & Montross [Jango Fett: Open Season], Baron Fell & Ysanne Isard [Rogue Squadron], Darth Nihl & Deliah Blue [Legacy] and Rohlan Dyre & Jarael [Knights of the Old Republic, probably issue 7]. Since I won't preorder these from a UK distributor what can I do to show Hasbro and EE that I'm interested? By the way these are listed at www.play.com, you can search them out on their website.

The other question was from JediTempleWarRoom which got the following response:

QUESTION: Back in an August 2009 Q&A session Hasbro stated that an upgraded Original Trilogy Y-Wing was in the works for 2010. Might this version finally represent the Grey Squadron from RETURN OF THE JEDI, or could this version be from A NEW HOPE with a mission to "Stay on Target"?

ANSWER: Here we don't have such good news. We had been working on a new Y-Wing, but this was dropped from the plan as retailers decided to scale back on Star Wars exclusives for 2010. We do think that we will have an opportunity for a new version in 2011 or 2012. So the question back to your fans is "which one would you most like to see us do next?" Let us know what folks think.

I would like to finally see a Grey Squadron Y-Wing and either way I want to let big H know that either way I'm excited about a new Y-Wing. I hear nothing but good things about the CW version and it's time the OT incarnation got a little TLC as well.

bigbarada
04-09-2010, 06:20 PM
I would like to finally see a Grey Squadron Y-Wing and either way I want to let big H know that either way I'm excited about a new Y-Wing. I hear nothing but good things about the CW version and it's time the OT incarnation got a little TLC as well.

I would definitely prefer an ROTJ Y-Wing with a Grey Leader Y-Wing Pilot. The grey suited pilots are only Rebel Pilots to have never been given an action figure so I feel that they are long overdue. Besides, I'm kind of sick to death of orange suited pilots.

TheDarthVader
04-09-2010, 06:51 PM
I second that. Any new pilots are welcome in my opinion, but the gray suited pilots would put an instant smile on my face. :D

JediTricks
04-10-2010, 02:39 AM
The other question was from JediTempleWarRoom which got the following response:

I would like to finally see a Grey Squadron Y-Wing and either way I want to let big H know that either way I'm excited about a new Y-Wing. I hear nothing but good things about the CW version and it's time the OT incarnation got a little TLC as well.First thing: the Y-wing Hasbro was planning is not an all-new mold the way the awesome CW version is. The OT Y-wing they were planning was a modified version of the existing mold, it was to have a new cockpit, the landing gear problem fixed, and a few other upgrades, but it wasn't a new mold.

I am curious what the difference is between the ROTJ Gray Squadron Y-wings and the ANH Gold Squadron, I haven't seen any diff. I just brought up the film, the only ROTJ Y-wing that you can see clearly is the same yellow markings one from ANH, it's during the hangar scene (also, the B-wing is in those shots in a few places and it's smaller than I had been told by most sources, which is cool). In the action scenes, they all blur pretty badly and look gray, but so did the ones in ANH.

I would definitely prefer an ROTJ Y-Wing with a Grey Leader Y-Wing Pilot. The grey suited pilots are only Rebel Pilots to have never been given an action figure so I feel that they are long overdue. Besides, I'm kind of sick to death of orange suited pilots.I haven't seen anything in ROTJ that suggests their costumes are gray. Is it in the briefing? I didn't notice anything like that. The "Arvel Cyrnyd" POTF2 figure is the Y-wing flight suit from ROTJ. I do agree that I'm sick of orange flight suits though.

bigbarada
04-10-2010, 08:24 AM
I haven't seen anything in ROTJ that suggests their costumes are gray. Is it in the briefing? I didn't notice anything like that. The "Arvel Cyrnyd" POTF2 figure is the Y-wing flight suit from ROTJ. I do agree that I'm sick of orange flight suits though.

This is why everyone needs to invest in the 1983 ROTJ storybook. Thanks to that wonderful little book, I've known about Ephant Mon, Kithaba, and the grey Y-Wing Pilots since 1983.

The grey pilots are visible in the briefing room and it's not just color issues, because you can clearly make out the orange, red and green of the other pilots outfits. Plus there is one prancing around on Endor at the end of the film and he's clearly visible on the last page of the aforementioned storybook.

Also, here is an illustration from the Art of ROTJ book, showing that they definitely intended to make grey pilots as early on as 1981 (although he's incorrectly identified as a B-Wing Pilot in the book).

JediTricks
04-10-2010, 10:23 PM
A screenshot would go a lot further than concept art. There is no green A-wing in ROTJ for example, despite a number of toys and art.

I have the Art of ROTJ book, but don't remember that. What makes you so sure that's a Y-wing and not a B-wing pilot? The design is very similar to the B-wing outfit we've seen.

LTBasker
04-10-2010, 11:53 PM
You can find some shots of the pilots in ROTJ here: http://www.erikstormtrooper.com/ywingpilot.htm

He also makes a great point at the bottom:

To understand my educated guess, let's dwell for a moment on the bizarre Cinema Scene figure that Hasbro named Arvyl Crynd. First, he is not Arvyl, since Arvyl is actually a non-oriental A-Wing pilot wearing green in ROJ (he's the one that flies into the super star destroyer's bridge). Second, even if he were an A-Wing pilot and Hasbro just got the color wrong, the chest box does not match what an A-Wing pilot wears. So what's going on here? Hell if I know, but I imagine that "mystery Arvyl" is actually wearing the chest box for a Y-Wing pilot (it must have come from somewhere), and Hasbro got confused somewhere along the way.

This picture (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/Jedigreedo/YwingSide.jpg) that I found on TF.Net looks like great evidence for the Y-Wing pilot argument. If you look at the top edge of the canopy's window, it looks too short and not steeply angled enough to be the side window of an X-wing canopy, and both A and B-wings have bubble canopies. Plus, 1-2 other times when it cuts to a pilot wearing that helmet, Y-wings are in formation rather than the X-wing and A-wing.

bigbarada
04-11-2010, 01:19 PM
You can find some shots of the pilots in ROTJ here: http://www.erikstormtrooper.com/ywingpilot.htm

Yeah, those are the two photos that I was talking about and it's interesting that he cites the same source. Makes me wonder if that's the only time that those images have ever seen print.

JediTricks
04-11-2010, 03:27 PM

He also makes a great point at the bottom:

This picture (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/Jedigreedo/YwingSide.jpg) that I found on TF.Net looks like great evidence for the Y-Wing pilot argument. If you look at the top edge of the canopy's window, it looks too short and not steeply angled enough to be the side window of an X-wing canopy, and both A and B-wings have bubble canopies. Plus, 1-2 other times when it cuts to a pilot wearing that helmet, Y-wings are in formation rather than the X-wing and A-wing.See, was that so hard? :D

JediTricks
04-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Other sites roundup is posted after sucking an hour and a half from my soul:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=2676

There are currently 24 sites which participated in that round, not counting our 2 sites. Of the sites that are regular or semi-regular, 7 more sites did not post answers this round (1 was confirmed to have missed the deadline). That means there are around 33 sites participating in this Q&A series right now.

El Chuxter
04-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Man, some people really love their reissues. "Can we get inaccurate figures like we got in 1978?" Yeesh.

JediTricks
04-13-2010, 05:33 PM
Man, some people really love their reissues. "Can we get inaccurate figures like we got in 1978?" Yeesh.
Yeah, I don't really understand this, Hasbro tried it back in the POTF2 days and it didn't move well because it's a very limited concept. I think collectors like the idea more than the actual reality.

Neuroleptic
04-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Yeah, I don't really understand this, Hasbro tried it back in the POTF2 days and it didn't move well because it's a very limited concept. I think collectors like the idea more than the actual reality.

Yeah, re-releasing several of the vintage figures in 2010/2011 just dosen't sound like a great idea to me. I'm deffinetly going to get the boba fett mail away, but after that . . . seriously, there aren't that many I'd buy. I kinda feel it would cheapen the classic figures by releasing re-issues today.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-13-2010, 11:16 PM
That's why I didn't understand why people got so worked over RS's April Fool's joke. It might have been a cool concept, but nothing really essential. I'd rather have new characters.

JediTricks
04-13-2010, 11:27 PM
I haven't seen 1 person mention that RS joke with the vintage-style paint here. Am I missing some awesome discussion on that? I was so glad to see nobody bought it here.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-13-2010, 11:30 PM
I haven't seen 1 person mention that RS joke with the vintage-style paint here. Am I missing some awesome discussion on that? I was so glad to see nobody bought it here.

I think it was briefly mentioned in an April Fool's thread here.