PDA

View Full Version : EU Wave Sightings and Findings

Obsession is Nute
04-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Yakface is reporting that the final Legacy Wave has been spotted in San Diego, California. Just getting things ready.

El Chuxter
04-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Not too far from here. Better get to looking for 'em. ;)

DarkArtist
04-14-2010, 11:00 AM
here's hopng that I can find a complete set and not have to resort to Ebay.

Obsession is Nute
04-14-2010, 01:34 PM
here's hopng that I can find a complete set and not have to resort to Ebay.

Amen, brother. EBay takes all the fun out of it for me. However, distribution is so poor in my area, and I so impatient, I sometimes just pull the eBay trigger out of frustration.

Obsession is Nute
04-14-2010, 04:59 PM
From Yakface:

"I managed to score a case of the Legacy Collection Expanded Universe figures today from my local Toys"R"Us and noticed something of interest on the case itself. It appears that there is a dedicated "Collector Endcap" scheduled to be set for May 1st so hopefully if your store has a low figure count right now, they might start receiving these cases soon to supply it. Click the image above for a closer look."

Very interesting. I am going to contact my TRU and see if this is something they are aware of.

DarkArtist
04-15-2010, 12:08 PM
From Yakface:

"I managed to score a case of the Legacy Collection Expanded Universe figures today from my local Toys"R"Us and noticed something of interest on the case itself. It appears that there is a dedicated "Collector Endcap" scheduled to be set for May 1st so hopefully if your store has a low figure count right now, they might start receiving these cases soon to supply it. Click the image above for a closer look."

Very interesting. I am going to contact my TRU and see if this is something they are aware of.

very interesting...might have to get up early on the 1st and grab a few...would love to get at least 1 of each figure but really want 5 of the Phase 1 Dark Trooper. (have an idea for a diorama since i now have an extra Kyle Katarn.)

figrin bran
04-21-2010, 12:08 PM
I saw remnants of this wave the other day (TPM Kenobi, Shirtless Maul, R2).

Hopefully come more quickly than they have for other 2010 TRU exclusives. My local stores just got in the GI Joe Shipwreck/Doc exclusives for only the second time this year.

El Chuxter
04-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Are the remnants sporting the "R Exclusive" sticker? And do they have the BG-J38 part?

Major Karr
04-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Found today in Northern Virginia...they have the BJ-38 parts and the Opie sticker, nothing saying TRU

El Chuxter
04-21-2010, 03:56 PM
nothing saying TRU

That's a bit peculiar. I have to wonder if there will be people seeing them at TRU and deciding they'll go to WM where they're cheaper, not knowing they're exclusives.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-21-2010, 07:04 PM
That's a bit peculiar. I have to wonder if there will be people seeing them at TRU and deciding they'll go to WM where they're cheaper, not knowing they're exclusives.
If people know enough about this hobby to know which stores have better prices, then they probably also know that these are exclusives. I bet they didn't put the sticker on since they'll be heading to online stores after, and wouldn't want to mess up those orders.

I was at TRU today, no sign of these (or the TFU packs, for that matter, though I did get the exclusive STAP).

El Chuxter
04-21-2010, 10:32 PM
You'd be surprised, JJL. There's also the inherent assumption that TRU is more expensive than Wal-Mart.

Oh, and I found some dregs today. :(

sonofsokol
04-23-2010, 04:39 PM
I found 1 shirtless Maul and 1 Obi-wan left on the shelves (with the new droid part) at 1 Toys R Us and nothing at another today in Salt Lake City. The second store's pegs were packed with CW and Saga Legends, so I asked 2 different employees if they had received the new wave and maybe not put it out due to shelf space and both said all the Star Wars stuff was out. They wouldn't even check the back for me...lame.

The second store had the Force Unleashed sets - 1 of each. I had them in my hands walking to the register, but put them back. $60 for 10 figures is a great deal, but I just couldn't pull the trigger. I am a little disappointed in myself.:sad:

RENDAR LIVES
04-24-2010, 12:22 AM
I went to my TRU last weekend after seeing this thread. The first one didn't have any but luckily there is a couple more in the area.
ust have just put them out too cause there was 3 of everything. I bought all the Jaina and Jacens, a Shaak Ti and the Whiphid Jedi. I also snagged Ulic and Tholme comic packs up from a Target. Just showing my EU love and support.

Sadly I haven't come across a TFA Arcee for my 8 year old girl. :(

jonthejedi
04-24-2010, 05:44 AM
Missed at my Md. TRU...they were gone in 1 minute from what I uncovered...only 1 case.

DarkArtist
04-24-2010, 01:11 PM
no luck by me with either the EU wave or TFU sets.. hopefully I'll get them next weekend if they put them out.

autumnsdescent
04-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Anyone have a sku or product number for the EU wave?

El Chuxter
04-25-2010, 01:00 PM
Looks like there's a buy one, get one half off sale at TRU this week. This could make it even more tempting to get the EU wave. Still no luck for me.

tagmac
04-26-2010, 02:32 PM
No luck for me in NJ either. Hopefully TRU.com will have them all, cuz I doubt HTS is getting this wave in.

clone157
04-26-2010, 10:29 PM
Just mentioned in another thread that Friday I went to my local TRU and saw 2 each of the TFU packs. I picked up the Proxy one as I was short on funds. Saturday I went to San Antonio and had no luck with the one TRU I could get to. Went back to my TRU today with my receipt and found the Juno one. THE LAST TFU PACK IN THE STORE! I was then able to get it for 50% off with the sale this week! I just hope that I don't see any of the comic packs that I need.

DarkArtist
04-27-2010, 08:24 AM
ordered both of the TFU sets last night at TRU with the buy on get one 50% off sale. just hope that they send both sets.. after i ordered them i noticed that the stock numbers for both sets matched, even though I clicked on both links for each pack.

Darth Metalmute
04-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Great grab. It was sold out when I looked at it.

Darth Metalmute
04-27-2010, 11:13 AM
From Yakface:

Thats a bad sign for my TRU. They just put out a ton (12 to 16 hooks full) of Clone Wars figures with the Nahdar Vebb sticker. First time I have seen this sticker here.

Snowtrooper
04-27-2010, 12:48 PM
ordered both of the TFU sets last night at TRU with the buy on get one 50% off sale. just hope that they send both sets.. after i ordered them i noticed that the stock numbers for both sets matched, even though I clicked on both links for each pack.

The same thing happened to me. Dark Jedi said on his confirmation that the numbers were different, but they were the same on mine, so I supposed I can expect to to get 2 of the same.

El Chuxter
04-27-2010, 01:25 PM
I saw one of the TFU sets yesterday while hunting for the EU wave and thought to myself, "Hey, silly looking black Stormtrooper with neon details."

figrin bran
04-27-2010, 11:47 PM
Great grab. It was sold out when I looked at it.

The two TFU packs are back in stock now. :D

DarkJedi5
04-28-2010, 12:59 AM
The two TFU packs are back in stock now. :D

And the descriptions list the contents of each set so you can avoid getting the same set twice on accident.

DarkArtist
04-28-2010, 08:26 AM
i checked the reciept they emailed me and it stated that I ordered both sets so all is good......i hope...guess it's a wait and see. hopefully they arrive soon.

Snowtrooper
04-28-2010, 01:08 PM
I called about my order and I did have two of the same pack coming. They wouldn't let me change it since it was being processed, so I made another order for two of the other set and I'll sell the extras to my brother. Sucks about having to pay for extra shipping, especially when I could have gotten free shipping for this size of an order. I probably should have complained more.

jonthejedi
04-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Found these today at Catonsville, MD TRU. Still no luck on EU wave with BAD.

mtriv73
04-28-2010, 04:46 PM
TRU.com has them back in stock. I just ordered a set of two. A friend had picked them up for me at full price (and with CA sales tax) the other day, but he saved the receipt and is taking them back. Still no sign of the EU wave, but I've got my fingers crossed for Saturday morning.

El Chuxter
04-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Finding an awful lot of Obi-Wan with the BG head. As many as four at a store. Kinda concerning, since the figure was already sitting around from being re-shipped with the HK-50 wave.

jonthejedi
04-29-2010, 04:48 AM
mtriv...the thing that concerns me is twofold...if they're putting them out as soon as they arrive, they're won't be any stock left for Sat...and my friend got a case right off the floor at opening that did NOT have the orange 5/1 sticker on the side.

DarkArtist
04-29-2010, 12:54 PM
well my sets shipped out yesterday and they are both of the sets and not 2 of the same so I' happy about that. can't wait to get them.

going to be working on my display area this weekend so hopefully I'll be able to get all the shelves up and ready so that I can take some pics and share.

autumnsdescent
04-30-2010, 12:44 AM
My Force Unleashed sets arrived in the mail today. It was a very fast turn around time - just about 3 days.

We have 3 local TRU stores in the greater Indianapolis area. Since this thread started, I have been paying visits to at least one store per day to check in.

There was evidence that the EU wave has been put out in one store (found the Obi Wan that everyone is talking about with the new droid head and the pictures of the EU wave figs on the back of the card) this past Tuesday.

With iPhone handy, I've approached store managers and asked about the wave, showing pictures from Yakface.com and providing SKU / Barcode numbers. Each store seems to be completely clueless (no surprise there). I had one store mention that they would be getting a shipment on Wednesday night (last night) and that they put the stock out overnight and I should check back on Thursday morning. So I did. This morning at 9:50, I rolled into the parking lot and found 15 cars also waiting. Apparently we're all chomping at the bit for this wave. 10AM the doors opened and all us collectors rushed to the SW aisle to find.... nothing. No EU wave. Nadda.

Okay, they *did* have 5 or 6 of the Force Unleashed sets (the ones that arrived by mail later in the day for me). But no EU wave.

It looks like there will be several of us collectors lined up at the store this Saturday morning (May 1st) to see if we can get our hands on these figs. I have a bad feeling about this... Something tells me each store only gets one or two cases of this wave on the 1st. I really hope I'm wrong.

El Chuxter
04-30-2010, 01:22 AM
That's what I'm worried about, too. Combine that with the FCBD GIJoe #155.5, which is almost certain to be under-ordered by a lot of stores, and Hasbro could have a weekend of fanboy hatred on their hands.

jonthejedi
04-30-2010, 03:38 AM
I can feel the love already!

DarkArtist
04-30-2010, 08:58 AM
hoping to score a complete set tomorrow at TRU. going to get there early in hopes of being able to have my pick before they all disappear....my last resort is ordered a case of these from EE. hoping to get at least 2 of the Dark Trooper and 1 of each of the rest..

on another front, I got confirmation that the TFU sets are leaving the UPS center that is in the next town over, so hopefully they will be waiting for me when I get home for lunch.

El Chuxter
04-30-2010, 09:58 AM
Fuel to the fire... TRU is running a bloody awesome 2-day sale as well. Among other deals, all Joes and Transformers are buy one, get one 50% off. They stand a good chance to be very crowded.

DarkArtist
04-30-2010, 11:30 AM
Fuel to the fire... TRU is running a bloody awesome 2-day sale as well. Among other deals, all Joes and Transformers are buy one, get one 50% off. They stand a good chance to be very crowded.

oh great...not cool.. wonder if this is Hasbro's way of messing with the SW fans or if it's TRU's way of saying hey spend more then just $100 on SW stuff drop additional $$$$ on Joe and transformers while you are here.

sonofsokol
04-30-2010, 11:41 AM
At least the current sale has thinned out the pegs a little bit. As I have been in the stores this week (nearly daily looking the the new wave) I have seen a lot of parents telling kids to go ahead a pick a second figure since they're half off. I've seen lots of Saga Legend like X-wing Luke and Gas Mask Han clearing out along with alot of Clone Wars. Leesub, Scanning Crew Guy, Plo Koon (both SL and Legacy), and Mr. Saucey continue to sit and rot on the pegs. Its nice to see some space opening up on the pegs. Hopefully tomorrow morning they will be full of the new wave... at least until I get there. :lipsrsealed:

figrin bran
04-30-2010, 12:03 PM

More fuel to the fire!

I read unconfirmed reports that for May, TRU is rolling back prices on SW figs to $4.99! Hello there 2005!

DarkArtist
04-30-2010, 03:17 PM
More fuel to the fire!

I read unconfirmed reports that for May, TRU is rolling back prices on SW figs to $4.99! Hello there 2005!

if this is true here's hoping that those prices start tomorrow, would love to get the EU wave @$4.99 per figure. that would be awesome...then I can really army build the DarkTrooper.:thumbsup:

El Chuxter
04-30-2010, 03:27 PM
A certain other site is reporting that the $4.99 is a two-day unadvertised sale for $2.50 off... and it's deducted after the buy one, get one half off reduction. Or about $6.25 per figure. :eek:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Their math says around $6.65 for two figures, which is great.

I'm heading to TRU tomorrow, which is also when the EU endcap is supposed to be put out. Hopefully I'll be able to get the wave as well as the TFU figures. We'll see.

tagmac
05-01-2010, 09:31 AM
Got my set this morning, and I'm glad I went early and waited a 1/2 hour. They had put out exactly one case, and there was no special endcap! As a collector, I feel bad for anyone else that goes in after me, but at the same time, I was the only one there, so for once I had some luck.

Pretty good looking figs, and for 7 figs, I only paid $20! Yep, the $4.99 promotion IS true, plus BOGO @ 50% off - and if I read the scanner right, it said the $4.99 price point will be in effect through July 3rd!

Good luck, and happy hunting to the rest of you!

Daryl VayDar
05-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Pretty much the same story here. I got there a few minutes past opening, and found one very frustrated fellow collector. There was no endcap, and no EU wave. We asked a very nice employee, and after some walkie-talkie chit chat, they determined they had ONE case in the back. She brought it out, and I ended up with K'Kruhk and the Spacetrooper. I felt like the other guy had first "dibs", so I was happy enough with that.

My cost for both- $6.60!

I still want Shaak Ti and the Darktrooper, and another very nice employee told me when to try back, as he thought they would be getting a few more cases next week.

jonthejedi
05-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Owings Mills, MD TRU had 1 case...I also was 1st at 9am when they opened. All 6 plus the variant wing guard=25.11! Wow...thanks TRU!

El Chuxter
05-01-2010, 05:37 PM
I went to three TRU's this morning. None had the endcaps. The first had the entire wave, minus the Spacetrooper. The other two, nada.

I'd like the Spacetrooper, but, after seeing that he apparently comes with the same part as the Bespin Guard (which I had), and since I have the one from 1999 (even if it's hardly worth comparing), I could live without it if I never see it at retail.

Honestly, I don't want to hog anything, but I wouldn't at all mind another Darktrooper, or even two.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-01-2010, 06:36 PM
I went to one store and called two others, getting absoultely nothing in the process. Sigh. My TRU is pretty good at keeping the exclusives in rotation for a while, so I just have to hope I stumble on them soon. It's a shame it couldn't happen during the sale, though.

El Chuxter
05-01-2010, 08:38 PM
I bought six Star Wars figures (wanted to take advantage of a basically free figure, and my daughter got herself a Chewie, which looks nice enough that I'm almost wishing I hadn't passed on it), and five GIJoes and a GIJoe Combat Heroes set. The SW list price was $7.49. The Joes were $6.99, and the Combat Heroes $4.99. However, due to the sale, I spent quite a bit more on fewer Joes who were priced lower. :)

El Chuxter
05-02-2010, 12:06 AM
So, I cracked these bad boys open. Here are my thoughts:

Utriss M'toc: Decent. His head is bigger than Edian's, and they should've given him a new hat. It's totally useless on him.

Jaina: A very nice female Jedi figure. Aside from the painted face (why???), she's one of the best female Jedi.

Jacen: An equally nice Jedi dude. The amphistaff add-ons actually fit properly, unlike many similar add-ons in the past. I thought he was supposed to use Luke parts, but I think he's all-new.

K'kruhk: Freaking amazing. This is one amazing figure. Really. Amazing. Amazingly amazing.

Shaak Ti: Okay, I didn't actually take the figure out of the case, since I'm not keeping her.

BG-J38: Probably the worst of the bunch. He's just too floppy. Both legs were severely warped before I opened them. He looks okay, if you can live with someone who makes Battle Droids look sturdy.

Darktrooper: If it were legal to marry an action figure, I would marry this figure. He is that good. It's a shame this is a one-per-case exclusive produced in small numbers. I could see someone buying extras to display some with GIJoes and Transformers, as well, as some sort of training droid or something. No joke.

sonofsokol
05-02-2010, 12:51 AM
I was able to score 5 of the 7 new-release figures in this wave this morning. I arrived at TRU at 20 minutes to 9 and by the 10 minutes to there were 4 of us there waiting in the rain. The other guys were really friendly at the door. One of them had called the day before and verified that they were putting out 4 cases and we had come to the consensus (or so I thought) that we could each get 1 set of the new figures. I had my 4-year-old with me and when the door opened the second guy to show up took off running to the aisle... no endcap here either. By the time I picked up my son and trotted to the aisle the slimeball had 2 of each of the new figures in his grubby arms. It turned into a free for all and we were just grabbing figures blindly to get anything before this guy did. The other 3 of us were kinda shocked that this guy who seconds earlier seemed nice enough was acting so greedy. Once the guy filled his arms with as much as he could he took off. Me and the other 2 guys traded around what we had grabbed to be as fair as we could be. Luckily, one of the guys was mostly in it for the droid, so he was happy to take the repacks. He really wanted the new Bespin Gaurd and Solo kids, so I gave up Jacen and Utris and the other guy gave up Jaina and we all left pretty happy. I picked up the repacked Obi-wan to complete the droid.

I told the guy who ran ahead as he was leaving the aisle to pay that he was a jerk and in response he let out a sting of obscenities at me that would have made a sailor blush. It was really a strange morning.

As far as the figures go, I agree with you Chux, the BG-J38 is very floppy and his knee joints (if you can call them that) are really loose. He is difficult to get to stand up at all. He looks great, but needed to be made of stiffer plastic.

The Phase I Darktrooper and K'Kruhk really really are great figures. They are both really sturdy and look great. These 2 have moved into being some of my favorite figures I have in my collection. I'd love to have several of the Darktrooper figure, but just don't see it happening.

I also really like the Shaak Ti figure. She is very well done and she is an awesome addition to the other Force Unleashed figures that we already have... if you are into the Force Unleashed stuff. Having picked up the Force Unleashed 5-packs it makes me sad that there will be a turning away from the EU. Overall it is a really great wave.

Warped
05-02-2010, 01:29 AM
My ToysRus is so slow to get things. In fact Im surprised I even found a Snow Rex (which was the only one of the wave I have seen). So I will probly be waiting and have to spend a ton on them. But I will try to give it time.

El Chuxter
05-02-2010, 01:36 AM
Wow... I had almost the exact opposite experience. No one was there at all, and my daughter and I were playing around outside. A couple of older ladies got there about 8:55, but were looking for birthday presents for a very little girl. I took a full half-hour scouring the entire action figure section of the store to see if the Spacetrooper was hiding somewhere.

Shaak Ti does look like she'd be pretty sweet. But the only TFU figures I have are the two specialized Stormtroopers, and it'd cost too much to get them now. Plus, I always thought it was silly that Shaak Ti hid from the Empire by becoming a stripper. :D

jonthejedi
05-02-2010, 06:48 AM
Still think Shaak Ti should have been in one of the FU multi-packs....then they could have eliminated one of the "ghostbuster" stormies.

DarkArtist
05-02-2010, 03:17 PM
TRU can kiss it..... i went to my local store yesterday morning got there 10 minutes before they opened so that I could get one of each of the figures (wasn't going to be greedy) and to my surprise they had already let someone in before the store opened who grabbed both cases of the figures and proceeded to remove each of the new figures and leave the remants, Falcon Chewie, R2 and Jedi Luke. I asked the sales associate if she had anymore of the figures to which she replied "Sorry all we had were these 2 cases." I went to the front desk and asked to speak with a manager who stated she did have more figures on display and then showed me the 2 picked through boxes and said this is all I have for now....I have a total of 4 boxes of this wave and I'm not putting anymore out till after 12:00 because it's not fair that all of you S***head collectors buy up the figures and then sell them on ebay." I asked what the story was with the guy who was in the store before it even opened and she said I was mistaken that no one was in the store before it opened." i looked at my watch and the time was 9:05 and the store opened at 9:00 and there was no one waiting outside with me when the doors officially opened. I was furious and asked the manager to check the register that the guy used to purchase the figures and she refused saying that I was causing a problem.

I left the store and of course there was the guy outside on his cellphone calling up his store saying that he got 2 complete waves of the figures and stated that they should sell them for $150 a set or $35 individually. what a jerk.

I went back to the store at 12:00 hoping to get a set of the figures and to my surprise again empty pegs and no new figures. I asked a different associate if they had anymore in the back to which he replied no we are sold out. I grabbed to of the remants of the wave and approached the curiosity counter and asked if they could scan the cards and see if there was anymore in stock. the girl said all of her stock was put out this morning. I asked to speak with the store manager who confirmed that not only were they out of stock but that they put the last cases out at 10:00 and 10:30. the store manager claims that they only put out stock if the pegs are lite and have very fews figures.... i check the pegs in the morning to find 1o pegs of figures that could each hold 9 figures. after rearranging the figures slightly I was able to clear 7 of the 10 pegs and that was at 9:00am. when I went back to the store at 12:00 the rows were still they way I left them. I questioned the manager about that and he said then we must have run out of stock and have no more.

Monday i plan on filing a formal complaint against TRU for the way both managers acted. I feel that if someone comes to a place of business with the intention to purchaes wares (whether they are a collector or not) should not be told sorry you cannot purchase them at this time. I can understand if the store broke a street date by putting them out by mistake but since the release date was May 1st and I was at the store on May 1st I should be entitled to spend my hard earned $$$ on action figures if I want and not have to be treated to the carpy service of the manager on duty.

sorry had to rant, this has really been a carpy week for me and was hoping for a little ray of sunshine to start my horrible weekend off. no such luck for me though..:upset::upset::upset::upset:

LTBasker
05-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Found the leftovers today, mostly Obi-Wan.

What is it about Dark Troopers that makes them so difficult to make readily available?

sonofsokol
05-02-2010, 05:18 PM
TRU can kiss it.....

I have really been unimpressed with the way Toy R Us does things. You'd think being a Toy Store that carries toys that they would have a clue about what they carry. If you walked into an electronics store and they were as clueless about their products as Toys R Us is about their products they would go out of business in a matter of months. I get that they are "just toys" but a little knowledge goes a long way. I don't expect them to know everything about every toy line, but basic knowledge of products isn't too much to ask. I have talked to so many employees who are completely clueless. Last week I spent 5 minutes explaining to one employee the difference between Saga Legends, Legacy and Clone Wars figures, and this was one of the people who stocks the shelves!!! This person actually thought that what came in each case of Star Wars Figures was completely random. The fact that they had any order at all was news to her.

I hate how dependent I am on Toys R Us. I really do try to avoid shopping there if I can help it. I know that Walmart and Target are not really any better, but at least they are not a "Toy Stores" that sells toys as their main product. It's a joke.

Val Da Car
05-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Wow, I feel guilty...I called another collector friend of mine and we were 4 people at the store that wanted to new figures (including a mom of a 4 yr old).

We made sure she got all of the new ones and I was short the Solo kids (I am not a big fan of the kids in the Star Wars universe but after seeing them I am good with them.

I split my set with my nephews and off I went.

Should I be upset that an employee grabbed himself a set and was talking to the local ebay seller (retired UAW employee with a pension) about the new delivery of Star Wars stuff. (to be completely honest in the past the ebay seller torqued me off since he bought the halo weapons set and tried to sell it on Ebay for $50, then returned it to the store never to be seen again by me).

just my $.10

El Chuxter
05-02-2010, 05:44 PM
You'd think they'd at least realize that collectors, based on money spent overall, represent at least as large a section of the toy-buying public as kids and parents. There may be fewer of us, but how many kids want to have every single toy in a line? Okay, let me rephrase that: how many parents will actually buy every single toy in a line?

Since they actually carry some toys that are more geared toward adult collectors, it's mind-boggling how badly they perceive us.

Darth Metalmute
05-03-2010, 10:45 AM
TRU can kiss it..... i went to my local store yesterday morning got there 10 minutes before they opened so that I could get one of each of the figures (wasn't going to be greedy) and to my surprise they had already let someone in before the store opened who grabbed both cases of the figures and proceeded to remove each of the new figures and leave the remants, Falcon Chewie, R2 and Jedi Luke. I asked the sales associate if she had anymore of the figures to which she replied "Sorry all we had were these 2 cases." I went to the front desk and asked to speak with a manager who stated she did have more figures on display and then showed me the 2 picked through boxes and said this is all I have for now....I have a total of 4 boxes of this wave and I'm not putting anymore out till after 12:00 because it's not fair that all of you S***head collectors buy up the figures and then sell them on ebay." I asked what the story was with the guy who was in the store before it even opened and she said I was mistaken that no one was in the store before it opened." i looked at my watch and the time was 9:05 and the store opened at 9:00 and there was no one waiting outside with me when the doors officially opened. I was furious and asked the manager to check the register that the guy used to purchase the figures and she refused saying that I was causing a problem.

I left the store and of course there was the guy outside on his cellphone calling up his store saying that he got 2 complete waves of the figures and stated that they should sell them for $150 a set or $35 individually. what a jerk.

I went back to the store at 12:00 hoping to get a set of the figures and to my surprise again empty pegs and no new figures. I asked a different associate if they had anymore in the back to which he replied no we are sold out. I grabbed to of the remants of the wave and approached the curiosity counter and asked if they could scan the cards and see if there was anymore in stock. the girl said all of her stock was put out this morning. I asked to speak with the store manager who confirmed that not only were they out of stock but that they put the last cases out at 10:00 and 10:30. the store manager claims that they only put out stock if the pegs are lite and have very fews figures.... i check the pegs in the morning to find 1o pegs of figures that could each hold 9 figures. after rearranging the figures slightly I was able to clear 7 of the 10 pegs and that was at 9:00am. when I went back to the store at 12:00 the rows were still they way I left them. I questioned the manager about that and he said then we must have run out of stock and have no more.

Monday i plan on filing a formal complaint against TRU for the way both managers acted. I feel that if someone comes to a place of business with the intention to purchaes wares (whether they are a collector or not) should not be told sorry you cannot purchase them at this time. I can understand if the store broke a street date by putting them out by mistake but since the release date was May 1st and I was at the store on May 1st I should be entitled to spend my hard earned $$$ on action figures if I want and not have to be treated to the carpy service of the manager on duty.

sorry had to rant, this has really been a carpy week for me and was hoping for a little ray of sunshine to start my horrible weekend off. no such luck for me though..:upset::upset::upset::upset:

Man this ticked me off and it didn't even happen to me.
You should send this to Hasbro via the questions for Hasbro threads.
It would have my vote.

Now I don't feel that bad about my store not having anything ever. I'd rather have nothing, than get screwed over.

Obsession is Nute
05-03-2010, 02:07 PM
I will count myself fortunate to have the set and it was only by pure luck. Here is my story.

Background information: Central Iowa has two Toys R Us Stores at the opposite sides of Des Moines, roughly a 30 minute drive to each one. I was under the impression that stores were stocking whatever they had the night before opening. I called both stores and the east side manager said they had stuff coming in, the west side manager said he did not believe they had any Star Wars stuff in backstock nor did he believe he was getting any in on their Friday truck. So...I drag my sorry self out of bed at 7:15 and get ready for my 9:00 hit at the east side TRU...

Went inside and found the two Force Unleashed boxsets. Was dissapointed, but not suprised to find that the EU wave was not present, I have terrible luck generally and often have to resort to eBay due to impatience or just plain bad luck. I met another SW collector and he said he was checking this store three times, daily until the EU wave arrives.

I chatted with him a while and then drove to the Toys R Us on the west side. I arrived at around 10:00. I figured other collectors would have arrived at opening and picked through everything, so my expectations were low..

As I walk in, two associates were stuffing the pegs with the EU wave!!! I grabbed ONE of each and checked out. Not only was I fortunate enough to find the entire EU wave, but various discount prices made my total purchase of the day $25.10! Seven figures for $25.10....I told the clerk that seemed insanely cheap, but oh well. I was not going to complain.

As I was driving home, I thought about K'kruhk and decided to swing back and hide one away for a gentleman that helped me out over at GalacticHunter this past fall when he hid a Mecho-Chair Sidious for me.

I swear I was gone maybe 15 minutes and when I left the pegs were filled with the EU wave, maybe 3-5 boxes worth. I got back and everything was GONE! I couldn't believe that they were picked through that quickly, especially since the associates restocked the shelves around an hour after they opened the store.

What irritates me is when multiple boxes go out and one person wipes the whole store out. It really destroys the fun of collecting and hunting for figures in stores.

Obsession is Nute
05-03-2010, 02:19 PM
I was able to score 5 of the 7 new-release figures in this wave this morning. I arrived at TRU at 20 minutes to 9 and by the 10 minutes to there were 4 of us there waiting in the rain. The other guys were really friendly at the door. One of them had called the day before and verified that they were putting out 4 cases and we had come to the consensus (or so I thought) that we could each get 1 set of the new figures. I had my 4-year-old with me and when the door opened the second guy to show up took off running to the aisle... no endcap here either. By the time I picked up my son and trotted to the aisle the slimeball had 2 of each of the new figures in his grubby arms. It turned into a free for all and we were just grabbing figures blindly to get anything before this guy did. The other 3 of us were kinda shocked that this guy who seconds earlier seemed nice enough was acting so greedy. Once the guy filled his arms with as much as he could he took off. Me and the other 2 guys traded around what we had grabbed to be as fair as we could be. Luckily, one of the guys was mostly in it for the droid, so he was happy to take the repacks. He really wanted the new Bespin Gaurd and Solo kids, so I gave up Jacen and Utris and the other guy gave up Jaina and we all left pretty happy. I picked up the repacked Obi-wan to complete the droid.

I told the guy who ran ahead as he was leaving the aisle to pay that he was a jerk and in response he let out a sting of obscenities at me that would have made a sailor blush. It was really a strange morning.

People like that repulse me. Four boxs, four people. There was no reason for anyone to leave unhappy. I am sorry your four-year old had to hear foul language like that while going out Star Wars hunting with their Dad. If I was a manager, I would have intervened and told him his business was not accepted here and threatened to call police if he did not leave immediately. Toys R Us is a store for kids, that type of behaviour from an adult should not be tolerated when children are present, period.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-03-2010, 10:36 PM
According to a few sites, Hasbro said that there are more shipments of this wave coming. Hopefully everyone who wants the figures will be able to get them, even if we have to wait a little bit.

DarkArtist
05-06-2010, 03:56 PM
SUCCESS !!!!!!!!! whoo hoo was able to get the entire Wave today at TRU in Woodbridge. they had one last set left on the pegs. was able to get an extra Dark Trooper to boot as well.

Hopefully in the future Hasbro will not resort to this nightmare again and just release the waves to all chain stores.... I'm not against store exclusives if it is one figure or a vehicle but an entire wave of figures is not right.

El Chuxter
05-06-2010, 04:27 PM
It was slightly different with the WM exclusive repaint wave a few years ago. Most of those, no one wanted. The purple astromech was the only one I think 99% had any interest in. And WM got a lot in at their billions of stores.

DarkJedi5
05-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Failure! I went to two TRUs today and struck out utterly at the first and found the dregs at the second. I asked about product in the back and when they looked up the SKU in the computers they told me that the wave was discontinued and they wouldn't be getting any more. I really hope they were wrong about all that because if TRU is done getting this wave delivered already a lot of people are gonna be SOL. I know that with exclusives they do funny things in the computers so here's hoping this is just one of those funny things....

mtriv73
05-06-2010, 07:51 PM
I've checked almost every day since last Saturday and haven't even seen the dregs yet. The idiots on ebay actually paying $90 for a set of these aren't helping matters either by encouraging the scalper scum. I'm leaving tomorrow for a 1 week conference in Seattle so unless there's a tru in the space needle it looks like I'm not getting these.

Darth Metalmute
05-07-2010, 08:17 AM
I've checked almost every day since last Saturday and haven't even seen the dregs yet. The idiots on ebay actually paying $90 for a set of these aren't helping matters either by encouraging the scalper scum. I'm leaving tomorrow for a 1 week conference in Seattle so unless there's a tru in the space needle it looks like I'm not getting these.

People are actually paying 90 dollars for them? I looked and laughed at how may people are selling these figures for 20 a piece and have zero bids. There was a seller there that had all 6 for 90 or make an offer. I offered him $30 for them with a note that said "that's what you paid."

I'm on friendly speaking terms with the alot of the TRU employees at my store. They told me that they have not gotten any shipments yet, and are not sure if they will. About two weeks before release, They got a huge Clone Wars shipment. I would guess that none have sold as of yet. Well one has, I bought the tactical droid.

DarkArtist
05-07-2010, 11:28 AM
It was slightly different with the WM exclusive repaint wave a few years ago. Most of those, no one wanted. The purple astromech was the only one I think 99% had any interest in. And WM got a lot in at their billions of stores.

that was another wave I had a huge problem finding... I didn't even see the wave up here in Jersey... plus this was a total repaint wave that wasn't that spectacular so if I missed ouot I wasn't going to complain. I was lucky to get one of the figures when I was in Florida on a family vacation....I know I still want Mace's Astro and Aurra Sing.

People are actually paying 90 dollars for them? I looked and laughed at how may people are selling these figures for 20 a piece and have zero bids. There was a seller there that had all 6 for 90 or make an offer. I offered him $30 for them with a note that said "that's what you paid."

I'm on friendly speaking terms with the alot of the TRU employees at my store. They told me that they have not gotten any shipments yet, and are not sure if they will. About two weeks before release, They got a huge Clone Wars shipment. I would guess that none have sold as of yet. Well one has, I bought the tactical droid.

I would have offered $25.00 for the set. I think it's ridiculous that people are charging $90 for a wave of figures..... I was lucky to find them yesterday but didn't have my hopes up. Over at GalacticHunter they posted that Hasbro announced that more product is on the way so hopefully more people will be able to find this wave at retail and not have to deal with online retailers and escalp.

El Chuxter
05-07-2010, 12:58 PM
That's another sign of shoddy WM distribution. That wave rotted for ages here, aside from the astromech. On the other hand, there's tons of WM exclusive stuff I've never seen at retail.

DarkArtist
05-07-2010, 02:44 PM
That's another sign of shoddy WM distribution. That wave rotted for ages here, aside from the astromech. On the other hand, there's tons of WM exclusive stuff I've never seen at retail.

this is true, WM has always had problems with there exclusives but they varied from store to store and state to state.....

for instance in Jersey I could never find the following exclusives: Saga Repaint Wave (found 2 figures in Florida), Build a Droid Factory Sets Wave 1 (found in Williamsburg Virginia), Comic Packs (Empire, ROTS wave, Commander Keller, Boba Fett Sarlacc wave (ordered online) and as far as price drops forget it, never saw any of the cool markdowns that some of the other WM's were experiencing $49 for the Turbo Tank and AT-TE.

some of the exclusives I did find were spotted once and then disappeared that day ie recent comic pack wave, build a droid series 2, AT-ST, ROTS birth of Luke & Leia sets.

I can't understand why the distribution is horrible.... i mean one would think that if the store has an exclusive item for sale that they would want enough of that product on hand for collectors and kids.

I worry about finding the Jodo Kast figure at K-Mart since the store by me is horrible and the next store is about a 45 minute. hopefully I'll be able to get one though.

as far as the EU wave of TRU, i think the problem was that stores didn't anticipate the demand, or ordered the wrong UPC and Hasbro didn't anticipate the demand and short ordered the production of these figures...(i mean afterall according to Hasbro EU didn't sell enough last year). I wonder where Hasbro gets it's numbers from in regards to what sells and what doesn't. i would love to see the research first hand.

hey maybe that's a question for ask Hasbro....where do you get your research data from to determine which lines are succesful and which lines need to be cancelled.

El Chuxter
05-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Not a bad idea at all. I'm going to steal that idea from you. :)

DarkArtist
05-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Not a bad idea at all. I'm going to steal that idea from you. :)

no problem...gald i could help. I was going to post something like this for the next round of Q&A but if you want to use it and spruce up the wording and all that's cool. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-08-2010, 12:23 AM
This is a repost from the Just Found Colorado thread; long story short, I got all the exclusives today.

I went on a fairly long TRU excursion today but it was completely worth it. At the Englewood store (about half an hour south of my dorm, so roughly an hour south of my home), I got both TFU packs, and they had several more of each. At the Aurora store (which is about 15 minutes closer), I got the AT-RT and Cody with BARC Speeder, which had been eluding me since February, as well as yet another Snowtrooper and Gungan Warrior for $5 each. They had six of the repacked TPM Obi-Wans from the exclusive wave, but nothing new (and nothing in back), so I was disappointed in that. I then went to the Westminster TRU, my usual one, only to see a guy looking through the pegs and holding a Shaak Ti. He left and I checked through, only to find nothing new. I asked an employee if they had any more in the back, and he asked, and was told that they sold through everything during their BOGO sale last week - which I knew was untrue, as the pegs had been completely replenished since then. The guy said they had several cases of the EU wave, and they sold out quickly when the store opened this morning. So I pressed on, and he checked the back for me - lo and behold, they had just one more case. He was reluctant to bring it out, since the pegs were full, but I told him I'd be buying more than half the case so it wouldn't be a problem (really pushing here). By this time, though, the previous guy had come back to the aisle while all this was happening, and (who I assume was) his wife was with him as well. We were chatting a bit about the wave as the employee brought back the final case, full of the exclusives. I asked the guy if he was okay with me taking them, as I felt somewhat bad, but he said that I was the one who asked the employee about them, so I should be the one to get them, and I wasn't going to argue too much. :D So if you're reading this, fellow collector, I didn't want to seem like an ***, but you said you were fine with it, and I did indeed ask about them specifically, and hopefully they'll keep getting in more.

So I spent roughly $140 today at three different TRUs, getting essentially caught up (aside from Snow Rex and the Magnaguard). And I also got Nahdar Vebb in the mail, which was a great capper on it all. :D

mtriv73
05-08-2010, 10:18 AM
I just got all but Darktrooper and spacetrooper at TRU.com. Unfortunately, they were 7.49 each. Dark and space sold out while I was putting stuff in my cart.

Snowtrooper
05-08-2010, 12:38 PM
I was able to snag Jaina & Jacen Solo and the white wing guard and that was it. Hope they come back in stock soon.

Darth Metalmute
05-08-2010, 01:05 PM
I was able to get Jacen off TRU.com, but his sister was sold out. They did have Kr-kurk still available.

My TRU has still not gotten a shipment.

morpheus282
05-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Went to both local TRU today, one had an endcap and one didn't. The one with the endcap had enough of the repack figures to indicate that at least two cases had been put out. I asked one of the workers if they had any more, he checked and found out that they didn't. He said the endcap was totally full this morning, when I saw it it was over half empty.

Niether had the TFU multipacks.

I am seriously frustrated with exclusive waves.

tagmac
05-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Some semi-good news for all of you still hunting. I went back to my TRU today, and they had an endcap set up (at the back of the aisle rather than the front), and it looked like the remnants of 10+ cases had been put out, so it means they're definitely getting in more than just 1 or 2 cases.

DarkArtist
05-11-2010, 08:28 AM
Some semi-good news for all of you still hunting. I went back to my TRU today, and they had an endcap set up (at the back of the aisle rather than the front), and it looked like the remnants of 10+ cases had been put out, so it means they're definitely getting in more than just 1 or 2 cases.

that's good news indeed... i really want at least 2 more of each trooper but will settle for the spacetrooper and 2 dark troopers that I have. would love to get additional Jaina's and Jacen as well for custom work but again, I'm just glad I found one of each.

Darth Metalmute
05-11-2010, 08:56 AM

If the remnants of 10+ cases have been put out, I'm not sure how good of news that is. To me, that means Ebay got them.

EDIT: Just got back from my local TRU. They had 4 boxes, but the only figures left were Maul, R2, Chewy, Luke, and Obi Wan (4 each).

This brings about the big flaw in this wave. 6 re-packed figures with 6 all new figures. New cases will not be ordered due to those 6 re-packs never selling. Hasbro will say the case sold poorly, even though the new figures will never spend more than an hour on the pegs. I don't get why they didn't double up on the new figs, especially since it is an exclusive wave.

And how in the world can TRU.com have a limit of 10 figures each? Talk about draining the stock.

Darth Metalmute
05-13-2010, 08:26 AM
They took the EU wave off the TRU website now.

morpheus282
05-13-2010, 10:49 PM
And how in the world can TRU.com have a limit of 10 figures each? Talk about draining the stock.

10 figures doesn't seem like much of a limit to me either. Why not limit them to 3 each? Oh yeah, that would allow more people to get the figures and really #$^@ off the scalpers.

I finally got the Legends version of the darktrooper off eBay a few months ago. I'm not sure how many years I looked for one before I got it for a reasonable price, and I've got a feeling the new darktrooper, spacetrooper, and Shaak Ti are going to be repeats of this experience.

DarkArtist
05-14-2010, 10:58 AM
finally spotted the endcap yesterday at TRU in East Brunswick and it was completely filled with Clone Wars figures....not one EU figure to be had with the exception of the remnants of the case. to top it all off there was not even one new Clone Wars figure on the pegs....all they had were dozens of Denal and the Space Suit Anakin's and Obi Wan's. the only cool figure they had was Cad Bane

morpheus282
05-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Went by a TRU over the weekend and asked if they could check for any of the Legacy figures in the back and told them that I'd buy the whole case since me, my daughter, and my nephew all want some of the figures in this assortment. The greasy little punk refused to even look. This is the same location I went to last weekend and the manager went out of his way to help me find what I wanted and even called the store across town for me. If only he'd been there this weekend...

Background Character
05-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Don''t give up hope anyone who is still chasing these!

I happened to be near my local TRU this morning when they opened at 10 so I stopped in not expecting much. Found all the EU figs. on an end cap.

Picked up one of each for myself. Didn't get greedy, hopefully a fan/collector or kid who really appreciates these will pick up the remainders and not some scalper trying to make a quick buck on E-Bay.

Anyway, in case anyone is interested, they had the following amounts out:
3 Shaak Ti
3 Jaina Solo
3 K'Kruhk
2 Jacen Solo
1 Dark Trooper Phase 1
1 Spacetrooper

They also had a bunch of the repacks and Clone Wars figs. out. Also, they had a bunch of the alien Bespin Guard out which I thought was hard to find. Have no interest in that one so didn't bother.

TRU still has the $4.99 sale going on so it made this find even sweeter.

Darth Metalmute
05-20-2010, 01:23 PM
TRU reward members have a sale today. Went to my TRU at around noon and low and behold they had both the Space Trooper and Dark Trooper available, but not on the end cap they were supposed to be. The $4.99 sale was still going on, but the reward member discount was buy one get one 50% off. so for the regular price of one figure, I got two. The only other EU figure they had was K'Kruhk, which is a nice figure, but I would have only bought it if Shaak Ti was available.

El Chuxter
05-20-2010, 01:26 PM
I'd forgotten about that sale. Might need to see if I can sneak out there this evening.

morpheus282
05-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Didn't get a chance to check the local TRU this week, but the local WM was stocked to the brim with the HK-50 wave. I didn't really need any of them, but I figured I might as well pick up another AT-AT driver at $4.50.

Graz73
05-28-2010, 01:24 PM
I'm still really frustrated on these TRU figures. I've been going a bunch of times each week, and calling the store asking about new shipments.

It seems that they got the new figures ONCE three weeks ago when I was out of town. They've still got the repackaged Lukes, artoos and chewies with the new droid part.

THis search is getting frustrating. The employees seem to say they'll get in more soon, but every time I check, it's nothing.

DarkJedi5
05-28-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm still really frustrated on these TRU figures. I've been going a bunch of times each week, and calling the store asking about new shipments.

It seems that they got the new figures ONCE three weeks ago when I was out of town. They've still got the repackaged Lukes, artoos and chewies with the new droid part.

THis search is getting frustrating. The employees seem to say they'll get in more soon, but every time I check, it's nothing.

Oh I hear that. I actually checked a TRU this week and for the first time saw a new figure! The alien wing-guard that I had already gotten thanks to a friend in another town. Otherwise it's just the repacks and no one seems to know if there will be more. I think I'm going to order the wave through one of the online vendors and hope that I get one and if I find the wave before then I can always cancel the order.

morpheus282
05-29-2010, 11:39 PM
I finally caved in late last week and bought everything off eBay. On average, I paid about $8 per figure and shipping wasn't bad at all. The sellers I dealt with were very good about combined shipping for multiple auctions won and everything was in hand for less than $60 after dealing with three different sellers. I know that they only paid ~$5 + tax before selling them to me, but with all the trips it would have cost me $60 in gas just to find them (if I ever found them).

Yesterday I went to the local yearly Sci-Fi convention and one of the biggest dealers there had several of each. My daughter and I were one of the first through the doors and by the time we reached his booth 10 minutes later he had sold out of Shaak Ti. I checked the price on them since I thought about getting another spacetrooper and he wanted $20 - $25 each for the wave, non-negotiable. This guy probably had 20 cases when they opened and sold most before the end of the day. Makes me feel ok for buying mine off eBay.

Darth Metalmute
06-01-2010, 08:24 AM
I finally caved in late last week and bought everything off eBay. On average, I paid about $8 per figure and shipping wasn't bad at all. The sellers I dealt with were very good about combined shipping for multiple auctions won and everything was in hand for less than $60 after dealing with three different sellers. I know that they only paid ~$5 + tax before selling them to me, but with all the trips it would have cost me $60 in gas just to find them (if I ever found them).

I bought Jacen from TRU.com and paid around 13.00 with shipping for him.
I bought Jania on ebay and paid 12 dollars for her with shipping. So I wasn't to disappointed that I couldn't get them. I have only seen the wave at my TRU twice, and neither time did they have the Solo kids.

DarkJedi5
06-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Every time I go to a TRU they've either got just the dregs or no sign of Legacy figures at all. I'm really ****ed at how easy it's been for scalpers to get in there and clean these stores out. I know it's scalpers by and large cause the TRU employees tell me that one guy bought two cases of figures, no collector/kid does that and then you see these all over eBay. I know it's not really Hasbro or TRU's fault but it really feels like they should be able to do something to limit scalpers. Then again, when they tell people they can only buy four Star Wars figures at a time that ****es me off too. I'm really hoping these keep popping up all summer or that the online etailers who were promised some of these actually get them.

Maerj2000
06-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Found the EU wave on Memorial Day. I tried 3 TRUs and the third one finally had them. I barely even looked at them, I could just see on the corner of the cards new character faces so I picked them up. Yeah!

DarkJedi5
06-02-2010, 01:35 AM
Can anyone give me the SKU number for this wave? I've got a TRU near me that has yet to put out a single EU wave figure (as far as I can tell) but it's a big store with a pretty healthy Star Wars section. I'm hoping with a SKU number I can see if there isn't a case in the back that has yet to find its way to the floor....

autumnsdescent
06-02-2010, 08:43 AM
Can anyone give me the SKU number for this wave? I've got a TRU near me that has yet to put out a single EU wave figure (as far as I can tell) but it's a big store with a pretty healthy Star Wars section. I'm hoping with a SKU number I can see if there isn't a case in the back that has yet to find its way to the floor....

This is the UPC number on the bottom of figures from this wave: 653569464846

When presenting this number to store managers, I've had some look it up and tell me that is the Legacy sku and that's exactly what's on the pegs right now. Of course, in reality, they have a ton of Legends and Clone Wars figs and nothing at all of the EU wave. This means two things: One - store employees and managers have no clue what they have in stock and Two - when a wave arrives in the store and hasn't been scanned in properly, it shows up as non-existent at the register. Often times, the employee will ring up Legacy figures under Legends and CW sku's because they are the same price and SW product. The result of this is that the store's inventory is thrown way off and they have no idea what they have on hand.

I can't tell you how many times I have looked at store inventories with store / department managers and things have been a mess. The inventory shows 6 cases of Legacy product on hand, the back room is completely empty, and the pegs are all Legends Plo Koons and SaeSee Tin's.

DarkJedi5
06-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Terrible news. So I went to the TRU where none of the EU wave had turned up yet, gave them the UPC number and they said "Yeah, we've got 160 of them." A few minutes of looking in the back and they realized they sent them all back yesterday. In other words, some idiot didn't realize it was new product and after sitting in the back room for a month sent it all back to Hasbro (they said vendor but maybe just the distribution center)! I was totally crushed. If I had used the UPC number on any of the previous trips I've made since 5/1 I would have been able to get all the EU figs I wanted and at the stellar price of $5. I'm inconsolable.

On a side note, they also said a Hasbro rep had come through earlier this week and cleared out the old stuff and low and behold there was only one Saesee Tin left on the shelves, I think they're really getting ready for that reset.

Darth Metalmute
06-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Terrible news. So I went to the TRU where none of the EU wave had turned up yet, gave them the UPC number and they said "Yeah, we've got 160 of them." A few minutes of looking in the back and they realized they sent them all back yesterday. In other words, some idiot didn't realize it was new product and after sitting in the back room for a month sent it all back to Hasbro (they said vendor but maybe just the distribution center)! I was totally crushed. If I had used the UPC number on any of the previous trips I've made since 5/1 I would have been able to get all the EU figs I wanted and at the stellar price of $5. I'm inconsolable.

On a side note, they also said a Hasbro rep had come through earlier this week and cleared out the old stuff and low and behold there was only one Saesee Tin left on the shelves, I think they're really getting ready for that reset.

Ouch! Makes you so proud of how competent the current generation is.

Snowtrooper
06-08-2010, 08:46 PM
I managed to snag the EU wave form EE this morning. They were selling them by the case, so I have a few figures to get rid of. The shipping was $15, and this normally would have turned me off, but EE sent me a catalog last week with a coupon code for $15 off an order of $100 or more, so I pulled the trigger. Hope I wasn't too impatient and find these later for $4 apiece.

DarkJedi5
06-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Isn't the $4 sale over? I bought a figure this week and it rang up at full price. Let me know if the sale is still running, I should get the price adjusted.

DarkArtist
06-09-2010, 10:36 AM

sorry to hear about the EU wave. that really *****. I was lucky to be in the right place at the right time back in May and was able to get the wave, but feel Hasbro and TRU really dropped the ball on this wave failing to anticipate the demand for it (especially Hasbro...)

on a side note that is awesome about the possibility of a re-set. my TRU still has all Saesee Tin figures along with dozens of CW Denal figures and few of the Commander Ponds figures left.

jamesbondo07
06-11-2010, 11:58 AM
After doing some hunting online I picked up this wave on ebay. Found a few for a decent price. At least for ebay anyway.

DarkJedi5
06-11-2010, 12:37 PM
My wave shipped from Brian's Toys since I'm a "club" member, should arrive on Wednesday. I've got an extra Jacen, K'Kruhk, and Utris M'toc, PM me if you're interested.

Graz73
06-11-2010, 03:56 PM
My wave shipped from Brian's Toys since I'm a "club" member, should arrive on Wednesday. I've got an extra Jacen, K'Kruhk, and Utris M'toc, PM me if you're interested.

Thanks for the offer. I was very annoyed at the prices Brian was asking for these. These should still "supposedly" be in stores for regular price. or even 4.50 until a few days ago. So do I really have to pay $19.95 for a Jaina??

Of course, on the other hand, my local TRU still has not gotten any of these in stock...

DarkJedi5
06-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the offer. I was very annoyed at the prices Brian was asking for these. These should still "supposedly" be in stores for regular price. or even 4.50 until a few days ago. So do I really have to pay $19.95 for a Jaina??

Of course, on the other hand, my local TRU still has not gotten any of these in stock...

I know what you mean, but as a one of each club member I only pay $8.99 per figure plus shipping. In the end it's probably about what I'd pay for gas driving around trying to find them and then paid full price at TRU and with some waves (like this one) finding all of the figures is next to impossible. Though, I think I'm gonna have to cancel my membership soon. They only sell the complete wave and with the Vintage waves containing quite a fair number of "refreshed" figures I don't want it may no longer be a good deal for me.

autumnsdescent
06-11-2010, 10:11 PM
The Target, Walmart, and TRU stores here in Indianapolis are wiped out. Average of 10 or fewer figs on the pegs. Last restock was mid-May. Our local Hasbro rep came through and took away 99% of the Saga Plo Kloons and SaeSee Tins, which revealed what the real stock was left: Nothing.

Everything is dead - waiting for the relaunch in August.

It is obvious that if you didn't find the EU wave in May in Indianapolis, you won't find it unless you purchase online.

Snowtrooper
06-14-2010, 08:01 PM
My order from EE showed up today. Since I bought a whole case, they are all in excellent condition, which makes me almost not want to open them up........almost.

Devo
06-20-2010, 06:31 PM
I've just placed an order with BBTS for 6 figures from this wave/case. As I'm not really interested in EU and mainly want the build-a-droid BG-J38 I extrapolated which of the previously released OT/PT figures in these case assortments carry the droid parts I want.

I just want to know though are BBTS prone to messing up and perhaps instead of sending the most recently shipped legacy 2010 wave 1 version of R2-D2 (jawa capture) that they could instead send the one released way back in 09 with the wrong droid part? Has that happened to people ordering from BBTS? Because really that would be annoying considering the sole motivating factor in placing this order at all was for BG-J38 and hopefully the variant Bespin guard.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-20-2010, 07:47 PM
I just decided to order them through Brian's Toys as they had the wave of 6 available for $79.99. I'd have to pay $95.99 through EE (which is currently out of stock), and I'd get a bunch of figures I already have. It was a bit pricey to add on the extra Dark Trooper and Space Trooper I wanted, but since I don't have a TRU near me, this will be the easiest way to go.