PDA

View Full Version : Final Wave



Casual George
02-28-2002, 12:22 PM
Has anybody seen the Boshek wave showing up locally yet? I'm talking Wal-Mart, TRU @ regular prices not the $25 a pop comic and specialty shops. I sincerely hope Hasbro tries for an even distribution of this wave. With the impending AOTC crush in April, I'm doubtful.:(

InsaneJediGirl
02-28-2002, 12:29 PM
I have not seen any BoSheks in Florida.We are still 3 waves or so back in my area.

Rollo Tomassi
02-28-2002, 12:41 PM
My Wal Mart had bobkes on the shelves for about three months, and now BAM! flooded with the Tessek/Lando wave. Hello six months ago! Thanks WM and Hasbro.:mad: Now I have to sit through this wave and the next three before I get Boshek, Teebo, and the rest...sometime in AUGUST.:mad:

P.S. Screw you Target. I never got a Skiff or a Y-Wing, either.:mad:

Still sore about that...

Sidiously Darth
02-28-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
My Wal Mart had bobkes on the shelves for about three months, and now BAM! flooded with the Tessek/Lando wave. Hello six months ago! Thanks WM and Hasbro.:mad: Now I have to sit through this wave and the next three before I get Boshek, Teebo, and the rest...sometime in AUGUST.:mad:

P.S. Screw you Target. I never got a Skiff or a Y-Wing, either.:mad:

Still sore about that...

Rollo's leaning towards the dark side more everyday.

I think Hasbro's distribution schedule should also be included as one of the paths to the dark side.:happy:

Beast
02-28-2002, 02:53 PM
This is exactly the reason I no longer really check the stores, and just buy most of my stuff on-line anymore. It's depressing to go into a store and hope to see somthing new in the aisle to either see that they downgraded the figures down to four hooks, like at my Wal-mart. Or that they suddenly ordered a ton of cases, but they are all old cases, like what Target got in here for Christmas, tons of the Ketwol wave. :( It saves me gas, time, and stress to just pay a little bit more and get them on-line. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jedi master sal
02-28-2002, 02:58 PM
Considering Hasbro's distribution schedule, we all are already going to the dark side.

Just look at the number of complaints for:

Price
Scuplts
Availabilty (distribution schedule)
Short-packs
Resculpts
New never before seen figs (or lack there of)

the list could go on. I doubt they consider the fans at any website, just as Lucas doesn't consider our wishes as well with the possible exception of the N*Sync cut footage and less Jar Jar in EPII.

Hasbro doesn't even give us that concession. They are marginal at best when it comes to public demand.

You'd be better off buying a shrek and gumby figures and a large thimble to customize as your bo(shrek), teebo and R4-M9 figs!

Unless you want to go further down the dark path and buy from...

da da da dumm

scalpers

stillakid
02-28-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
This is exactly the reason I no longer really check the stores, and just buy most of my stuff on-line anymore. It's depressing to go into a store and hope to see somthing new in the aisle to either see that they downgraded the figures down to four hooks, like at my Wal-mart. Or that they suddenly ordered a ton of cases, but they are all old cases, like what Target got in here for Christmas, tons of the Ketwol wave. :( It saves me gas, time, and stress to just pay a little bit more and get them on-line. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I'm doing the same thing, although I do venture out from time to time in a vain hope to find army builders and extra ships/playsets that have been sitting around. The extra buck or so that the online dealer charges doesn't compare with the money wasted on gas.

If Hasbro had any sense at all, they'd review their business model and start offering direct sales to consumers through their website instead of compromising their product while trying so hard to placate the middle-men with exclusives and such.

Beast
02-28-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by jedi master sal
Considering Hasbro's distribution schedule, we all are already going to the dark side. Just look at the number of complaints for:
Price
Scuplts
Availabilty (distribution schedule)
Short-packs
Resculpts
New never before seen figs (or lack there of)
the list could go on.
Consider also the fact that alot of Star Wars fans also enjoy complaining about stuff. Sure some of it is worthy of some complaints. Swimming Jar Jar was packed at 1 per case, and people complained, rightly so. Then the POTJ Jar Jar was packed at 3 per case, and people complained he should have been 1 per case. People complained about the original steroid giant POTF2 Rebel Fleet Trooper, and then hasbro gives us the POTJ RFT and people complain cause he can't use his holster, and that the helmet isn't removable. It just seems that some slack for Hasbro might be a good idea, cause these are just a few of the numerous complaints that seem to just be made just for the sake of complaining. Is Hasbro perfect, hell no. But I think they deserve a little respect for the good work that they do.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hairless chewie
02-28-2002, 03:55 PM
I know that online is 10000% easier but you can't beat the thrill of the hunt!! That time when the store has just thrown out a brand new case and you have the first shot! You can't beat it!!!

Amanamike
02-28-2002, 08:22 PM
I agree to apoint with jarJar, we are a bunch of complainers about alot of things. But hasbro could be doing a way better job than they are doing right now. Maybe Im a bit more biased because Im from canada and nothing ever comes here except millions and millions of ketwol wave. But thats my most biggest complaint is the distribution. There is definitely no thirill to any hunt here.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-28-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
This is exactly the reason I no longer really check the stores, and just buy most of my stuff on-line anymore. It's depressing to go into a store and hope to see somthing new in the aisle to either see that they downgraded the figures down to four hooks, like at my Wal-mart.

hehe, I hear that! Went to Wal-Mart today and they had coruscant guards wave - 2 of those and 2 break-apart darth mauls along with K-3P0, gungan warrior - it was strange to see those on the pegs again! Thanks goodness I didn't have to see Ketwol again lol. Isn't it quite funny how we salivate and salivate for a new wave of figures and are so excited to get them (e.g. Ketwol/Ellorrs wave) but as soon as we have them and we see them on the pegs, it's like "OH MAN, not that lame wave again!" I think we are all quite spoiled if you ask me, but hey we work hard for our money to make Hasbro and George rich so we are entitled to some things and that includes the current wave BEING ON THE PEGS!!!!! :D

pthfnder89
03-01-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
My Wal Mart had bobkes on the shelves for about three months, and now BAM! flooded with the Tessek/Lando wave. Hello six months ago! Thanks WM and Hasbro.:mad: Now I have to sit through this wave and the next three before I get Boshek, Teebo, and the rest...sometime in AUGUST.:mad:


I hate to say this, but I have it on pretty good authority that Wal-Mart is not ordering ANY of the BoShek wave. I've spoken to several WM managers in my area, after a toy shop owner recently told me this, and they confirmed that it was true, as far as they knew.

This makes perfect sense when you think about it. WM wants to gear up for the AOTC toys in April and that's basically where their focus is. I'm pretty sure that will end up being like the Sio Bibble wave, as they phased it out for POTJ.

I bought two sets of that wave (well, actually I only got one Teebo, cause I dont want an opened one) on the internet because some stores like Wal-mart just aren't going to order them at all.