PDA

View Full Version : Script review!

Unit-01
02-28-2002, 12:23 PM
http://www.aint-it-cool.com/display.cgi?id=11618

Spoilers are on another page.

Pendo
02-28-2002, 12:29 PM
Moranity is one of the luckiest people alive!!!!!
Episode II Sounds really promissing!
I am really looking forward to it now.

PENDO!

Lord Tenebrous
02-28-2002, 01:45 PM
The review doesn't really say anything new, but it does validate my opinion that the first Boba Fett release should have been labelled as Geonosis, not Kamino.

Rollo Tomassi
02-28-2002, 02:04 PM
If you've been paying attention for the past few months, you really don't need the script to know what's going on in AOTC.

I liked Mori's vow to be an EPISODE III virgin. I tried that with a friend of mine after Episode I came out. We both decided to go Spoiler free for II. I caved almost instantly, but my friend held out until about December, then he "forced" me to tell him everything.

If I can get enough of you guys to support me/join me I might try it again for III and be an Episode III virgin. No trailers. No scripts. No pictures. No SW Insider articles. No toys. Nothing until May of 2005.

Or I might take George up on his offer to help with the script.

What do you guys think I should do?

JEDIpartner
02-28-2002, 04:28 PM
I'd love to support your cause, but I've been Mr. Spoiler since I first saw the Ralph McQuarrie production paintings for ESB in Starlog magazine way back in 1979! The two paintings were of C-3P0 and R2-D2 in the Echo Base command centre and the Falcon going into the large asteroid. It was then that I realised that no amount of information of visual spoiling would prepare me for the overall story, sound and visual experience that I got once I saw sat in the theatre.

Beast
02-28-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I'd love to support your cause, but I've been Mr. Spoiler since I first saw the Ralph McQuarrie production paintings for ESB in Starlog magazine way back in 1979! The two paintings were of C-3P0 and R2-D2 in the Echo Base command centre and the Falcon going into the large asteroid. It was then that I realised that no amount of information of visual spoiling would prepare me for the overall story, sound and visual experience that I got once I saw sat in the theatre.
I've been Mr. Spoiler as well for ages, loved digging around and uncovering the entire plot and storyline to E1 almost a year before the movie opened. I actually consider it kind of fun to piece everything together. It doesn't ruin the movie for me, reading about somthing and imaginging it in your head is vastly different from the theatrical experience. One thing I will never do is read the book first. I did that with Harry Potter and found the movie wasn't as exciting as it would have been, if I would have read the book after. That's the same reason I am avoiding reading the Lord of the Rings trilogy of books, I will read them after I have seen the films, to expand upon what I saw theatricaly.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

derek
02-28-2002, 05:18 PM
the review was pretty good, but one thing kind of bothered me. and we know it's probably right because there is a toy based on it. it's the boba fett with the jet pack. the spoiler said that after jango was killed, boba put on his helmet and jet pack and flew off. is it just me, or is this wierd? is little boba gonna dig jango's decapitated head out of the helmet? does he have his own helmet, or has lucas changed the jango death scene from the story boards we saw?

Co Jo-Da
02-28-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
I liked Mori's vow to be an EPISODE III virgin. I tried that with a friend of mine after Episode I came out. We both decided to go Spoiler free for II. I caved almost instantly, but my friend held out until about December, then he "forced" me to tell him everything.

But beware of the DARK-SIDE, I did my best not to know anything but the Dark-Side suduced me and I have fallen...

Beast
02-28-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by derek
the review was pretty good, but one thing kind of bothered me. and we know it's probably right because there is a toy based on it. it's the boba fett with the jet pack. the spoiler said that after jango was killed, boba put on his helmet and jet pack and flew off. is it just me, or is this wierd? is little boba gonna did jango's decapitated head out of the helmet? does he have his own helmet, or has lucas changed the jango death scene from the story boards we saw?
The helmet probably get's either knocked off or comes free and bounces away from the head. I don't see Boba Fett picking up his "Dad's" severed head, dumping his head out of the helmet and putting it on. That's just morbid. Even though this film is dark, I rather doubt we will see somthing quite as sick as that. :D Oh and Boba is probably already wearing the Jetpack, because Jango is wearing his secondary Jetpack in the arena, you can see it on the "Jango Fett: Arena Battle" figure, as well as it's the one that the Deluxe figure jetpack is based on.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Co Jo-Da
02-28-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
The helmet probably get's either knocked off or comes free and bounces away from the head. I don't see Boba Fett picking up his "Dad's" severed head, dumping his head out of the helmet and putting it on.

Yeah, it would be morbid but I'd love to see something crazy like that but I know it will never happen...

Jargo
02-28-2002, 06:15 PM
I thought Boba had his own jet pack. That he uses on kamino to escape Obi and get to the ship. I thought that was what the animated christmas greeting at SW.com was all about, a spoiler showing that both the fetts used a jettpack regularly. maybe I'm wrong but it would make sense for Boba to already have one at his disposal because what's he gonna do, walk while jango flies off? Is jango gonna carry him around?

No, I think the Kamino Boba toy is correct. but it does make sense for the helmet to be headless when Boba picks it up because unlike the OT Boba helmet get up, jango isn't strapped into his helmet it just sits on his head loose with no straps, His head comes off and as it bounces and rolls away it spills the head out.

Or it'll just be artistic license. Boba picking the helmet up will just be symbolism. A remnant of his 'father' and a portent of what is to come. It's a little too obvious and heavy handed but for those who can't grasp subtlety it'll be pretty cool.

Beast
02-28-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I thought Boba had his own jet pack. That he uses on kamino to escape Obi and get to the ship. I thought that was what the animated christmas greeting at SW.com was all about, a spoiler showing that both the fetts used a jettpack regularly. maybe I'm wrong but it would make sense for Boba to already have one at his disposal because what's he gonna do, walk while jango flies off? Is jango gonna carry him around?
Jango is wearing what later becomes Boba's Jetpack up until the Geonosian Arena, where he's wearing his secondary one. Possibly the original gets damaged or the power cell runs out during the rain fight with Obi-Wan and Jango switches to his back-up, giving the other one to Boba to have or possibly hooking the Jetpack to a recharger in the Slave 1.

Obviously Boba repairs or takes the recharged Jetpack sometime while they are on Geonosis and then uses it at the end of the movie. Since everything I have heard til now suggests that he runs to the Slave 1 on the Kamino landing pad while Jango fights Obi-wan, and then pops back up with one of Jango's spare blasters to try to help his "Dad" out. The unleashed statue is what the scene looks like, and Boba is just wearing his black poncho.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
02-28-2002, 10:52 PM
A little bit from Sith Interceptor:

Boba looks down to see his fathers helmet lying on the ground. He slowly bends down and picks it up. He looks around to Mace Windu in the distance. He gives him a cold stare, puts the helmet on and fires his jetpack which takes him up over the arena and towards his father's ship.

If I recall from the storyboard, the Mace/Jango duel concludes close to the side of the Arena (the Reek ends up charging the wall at one point). To have Boba witness Jango's death, a la Obi-Wan watching Qui-Gon in TPM, gives good continuity. Whereas Obi-Wan was quick to retaliate, Boba lets his desire for revenge grow within him...

2-1B
02-28-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
I liked Mori's vow to be an EPISODE III virgin.

Now that the new film is so close, I think it would be cool to be spoiler free. But I have a lot of fun with the spoilers between films, and overall I enjoy it more that way. 3 years of not indulging myself cannot be ransomed by one night of surprises . . . followed by several repeat viewings trying to ingest all that's going on.

Maybe I would abstain if these films came out every year, but it's just too enticing :)

Co Jo-Da
03-02-2002, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
)To have Boba witness Jango's death, a la Obi-Wan watching Qui-Gon in TPM, gives good continuity. Whereas Obi-Wan was quick to retaliate, Boba lets his desire for revenge grow within him...

Boba's thurst for revenge grows deeply and hopefully will be seen in Episode III...

jedibear
03-02-2002, 04:23 AM
....and that we'll finally learn the signifigance of Vader's line "No disintingrations!" to the adult Boba in ESB....

Pendo
03-02-2002, 07:00 AM
It would be cool if Boba is responsible for Mace Windu's death. It would be wrong for GWL not to have Boba take his revenge on Mace in Episode III.

PENDO!

Co Jo-Da
03-03-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Pendo
It would be cool if Boba is responsible for Mace Windu's death. It would be wrong for GWL not to have Boba take his revenge on Mace in Episode III.

PENDO!

Go to the Episode III (SPOILERS) and read all about it in the Death of Mace thread...