PDA

View Full Version : It is a dark time for prop Collectors

Jayspawn
04-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Although there are a few companies carrying the license for SW prop replicas, ie: Museum Replicas and eFX, there doesn't seem to be much happening unfortunately.

eFX did just release their stunt sabers with a retail of about $99.99. They are getting mixed reviews. The best of them being the ROTS Obi-Wan. Next on their radar is Count Dooku -release date unknown. Sales so far seem to be so-so.

They also have a slew of backlogged products in development limbo including...

Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Extreme Lightsaber
McQuarrie Concept Darth Vader Helmet
Millennium Falcon Precision Cast
Luke Skywalker X-Wing Helmet
Muppets Rizzo the rat
TIE Fighter Studio Scale
TIE Interceptor Studio Scale

There seems to be no/little communication from eFX on progress of anything. It's debated around the web if they will survive.

Museum Replicas has their clothing line, slowly making its way onto the market. Their jedi robes are starting to ship from a few etailers, their imperial officer caps car coming next. Probably gonna get the grey/green one myself. They also have full jedi tunics and boots, imperial officer uniforms and boots coming. No date on any of these. They were supposed to be out by fall of '09.

So in the mean time, we'll see how things go.

bigbarada
04-19-2010, 07:55 PM
My problem with the prop replica companies is that they keep making the same stuff over and over again.

More lightsabers? Yawn.

Oooooh, they discovered yet another miniscule new detail on Luke's ESB lightsaber? Whatever.

TIE Fighters, Millenium Falcon, X-Wings? Been there done that.

Jedi robes? Who cares?

Queen Amidala's shoes? ..... :confused: ... seriously?

I'm waiting for the cool stuff to come out like an A-Wing Pilot helmet or the ROTJ Y-Wing Pilot helmet. I would also take a studio scale A-Wing or AT-ST.

DarkJedi5
04-19-2010, 08:13 PM
How about stunt prop blasters? I can't afford a $700 stormtrooper blaster and since Hasbro has said they'll never make anything even close to accurate (for safety concerns) I see this as a great niche that has yet to be seriously considered.

I agree that lightsabers can only be done so many times. I bought the FX Luke and Vader and would buy the stunt prop versions but now that I'll be able to buy an FX version with removable blade I don't see much difference.

The costumes are nice, but not necessary.

Does anyone buy the studio scale ships? I have never had any interest in pieces like this.

JediTricks
04-19-2010, 10:25 PM
I always like seeing eFX at conventions, and I've been awaiting that Obi-Wan Extreme hilt with baited breath for what seems like years... oh wait, it HAS been years! I can't imagine what the holdup is for them at this point, but I wish they had more news to give out.

That's too bad about the stunt sabers coming up poorly. I can't say I'm surprised, some of the pics I saw of the production were ok but nowhere near $100 territory, not with soft molding and seam lines and masked paint like that.

I have to admit, sabers do feel like a dead end right now. I prefer Hasbro's Force FX line because at least they light up, and soon they'll have removable blades. But no blasters, no affordable helmets, no miniatures and no communication makes me a sad panda.

A few of our forumites have bought studio scale ships, and I sorta understand it but at the same time the cost is so outrageous that I can't imagine how someone could own one without fainting every time the stove is turned on. (fear of burning down the house, you see)

Jayspawn
04-19-2010, 11:29 PM
I'm not digging the FX saber w/ removable blade gimmik. They're still going to be the same larger hilts in size as before. Some people are expecting an exact replicas with a removable blade -which isn't gonna happen.

There's still several sabers eFX can still successfully do. The Luke Stunt saber has gotten the poorest reviews, but several people are going to repaint them. So maybe they can swing this one around.

There hasn't been any studio scale TIE fighters as mentioned above. Closest was Icons Tie fighter back in the 90's which are damn near impossible to find or afford. So eFX can have at. Saving my money for that. The Slave I is a good choice too.

DarkArtist
04-20-2010, 11:21 AM
How about stunt prop blasters? I can't afford a $700 stormtrooper blaster and since Hasbro has said they'll never make anything even close to accurate (for safety concerns).

I agree that lightsabers can only be done so many times. I bought the FX Luke and Vader and would buy the stunt prop versions but now that I'll be able to buy an FX version with removable blade I don't see much difference.

The costumes are nice, but not necessary.

Does anyone buy the studio scale ships? I have never had any interest in pieces like this.

agree 100% with you on making the stunt blaster replics... would love to get the Stormtrooper, Clone Trooper and both Han and Luke's blasters from ANH & ESB maybe even a Jabba's Guard Blaster.

i have a few of the Master Replics FX sabers but would love to see an updated version of Luke's from ROTJ. the version that exists is just to bulky, it needs to be slimmed down and more accurate. would also love a Qui Gon one as well.

JediTricks
04-20-2010, 02:38 PM
I'm not digging the FX saber w/ removable blade gimmik. They're still going to be the same larger hilts in size as before. Some people are expecting an exact replicas with a removable blade -which isn't gonna happen. I haven't noticed any significant size difference, especially now that they're using the 3x AAA modules. I love them, if I could have the blade of their recent Ep 1 Obi-Wan saber come off, it'd be perfect. Of course, the only sabers I have that aren't FX are non-licensed, but I've seen the real ones at various displays, and the MR ones, and they aren't notably smaller than the Force FX 3-cells.

There hasn't been any studio scale TIE fighters as mentioned above. Closest was Icons Tie fighter back in the 90's which are damn near impossible to find or afford. So eFX can have at. Saving my money for that. The Slave I is a good choice too.I was going to mention that Icons one, TFAW out here had one for the longest time.

i have a few of the Master Replics FX sabers but would love to see an updated version of Luke's from ROTJ. the version that exists is just to bulky, it needs to be slimmed down and more accurate. would also love a Qui Gon one as well.The problem with Luke's ROTJ saber, as well as Obi-Wan's ANH and ROTS sabers, is that the neck is only slightly thicker than the dowel that was mounted inside (Obi-Wan's ANH saber neck is a grenade, actually) and far too thin to support the weight of the blade, even if it were enough to mount the electronics. But there are tricks they could use to get a little thinner, the original Luke ROTJ housing is pretty fat.

Jayspawn
04-20-2010, 04:14 PM
I never picked up any of the Studio Scale ships from MR -though I was very tempted. And I passed on the only eFX offering (the X-Wing). Since they cost so much, my goal is to hold out for the classic TIE Fighter, Slave 1 or Tantive IV as they are my most favorite ships. If any of them get made -guaranted order from me.

bigbarada
04-20-2010, 10:21 PM
agree 100% with you on making the stunt blaster replics... would love to get the Stormtrooper, Clone Trooper and both Han and Luke's blasters from ANH & ESB maybe even a Jabba's Guard Blaster.

I'd buy a Biker Scout Pistol replica in a heartbeat.

Jayspawn
04-20-2010, 11:44 PM
I'd buy a Biker Scout Pistol replica in a heartbeat.

Oh so would I. It seems that eFX would benefit from a quick money grab. If there were smart, they'd offer one for a low price (replica + display case mind you). Would be a guaranteed fast seller.

bigbarada
04-21-2010, 12:22 AM
Oh so would I. It seems that eFX would benefit from a quick money grab. If there were smart, they'd offer one for a low price (replica + display case mind you). Would be a guaranteed fast seller.

Unfortunately, what will likely happen is that eFX will start with Han Solo's ANH blaster or the Stormtrooper blaster. Then they might move on to a Clonetrooper blaster and maybe Han or Luke's ESB blasters and by the time it seems that a Biker Scout Pistol is right around the corner, Lucasfilm will give the license to someone else, who will first make Han Solo's ANH blaster and/or the Stormtrooper blaster, then they might move on to a Clonetrooper blaster..... and the cycle will continue. :upset:

JediTricks
04-21-2010, 03:24 PM
"Low price" is the problem, the Scout Trooper gun is a very small item, smaller than the Kenner role-play version even, and was nearly all custom made so there's no parts to copy from existing real-world items. And because it was custom-made, the actual fine details aren't particularly that fine or straight, so it'll require a lot more interpolation on the replica-designer's part to live up to customer expectations. You can see here that it's really not much to look at up close: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Scoutgun.jpg

So what a replica maker would end up with is a gun that's not well-known, merely 8" long and either film-accurate and thus looking poor, or interpolated and thus expensive. It's not surprising this piece has eluded the official replica world thus far, it's a catch-22 item for a company.

El Chuxter
04-21-2010, 03:51 PM
But, like BigB said, offering something no prop manufacturer has made before would have more appeal to prop collectors.

JediTricks
04-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Yes, absolutely it would, but when they saw such a small item costing probably the same amount as Han's blaster or a Stormtrooper blaster, they'd be turned off which would mitigate the interest. I just am saying it's not surprising it hasn't been done yet, it's got very little in its favor, from a business perspective.

El Chuxter
04-21-2010, 04:26 PM
Less than re-making Han's blaster and the Stormtrooper blaster, which is what it sounds like has been the case from reading this thread. (I have to confess I don't collect prop replicas.)

JediTricks
04-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Neither have been done lately either though, the market is pretty much not feeling SW blasters for the moment. I'm not surprised, shipping them in the US is very difficult, different states have different laws and regulations about shipping realistic mock guns.

And the prop collector market needs new blood to keep going as a business because the prop collector community is otherwise ever-shrinking. That means making stuff that a larger audience wants most, and that's usually stuff they best recognize. That's why Stormtrooper helmets come out before Lando Skiff Guard helmets.

bigbarada
04-22-2010, 05:40 PM
Neither have been done lately either though, the market is pretty much not feeling SW blasters for the moment. I'm not surprised, shipping them in the US is very difficult, different states have different laws and regulations about shipping realistic mock guns.

And the prop collector market needs new blood to keep going as a business because the prop collector community is otherwise ever-shrinking. That means making stuff that a larger audience wants most, and that's usually stuff they best recognize. That's why Stormtrooper helmets come out before Lando Skiff Guard helmets.

I've always been more interested in the blasters over the lightsabers, I guess it's just because guns are cooler than swords. However, I think the big deterrent for prop replicas right now is the price. Exactly why do these things have to cost as much as they do? It can't be the materials, because I can get more metal out of a $98 gas grille at Walmart than you'd get from 5 replica lightsabers.

I could get an actual gun, that shoots real bullets, for less than what MR charged for their Han Solo ANH blaster. For what they are, there is no reason that lightsaber and blaster prop replicas should cost more than $20-$40.

El Chuxter
04-22-2010, 05:42 PM
I guess it's just because guns are cooler than swords.

Unless you're in 15th century Japan, where the swords are works of art and the guns are these hideous monstrosities. :p

DarthQuack
04-22-2010, 06:09 PM
I still need to get around to getting Dooku's and Asajj's F/X sabers....

JediTricks
04-22-2010, 06:23 PM
I've always been more interested in the blasters over the lightsabers, I guess it's just because guns are cooler than swords. However, I think the big deterrent for prop replicas right now is the price. Exactly why do these things have to cost as much as they do? It can't be the materials, because I can get more metal out of a $98 gas grille at Walmart than you'd get from 5 replica lightsabers.The meticulous researching takes time, the design takes a lot of time to make something production-ready, there's added time getting Lucasfilm approval, there's licensing costs, they use higher-end longer-lasting materials than a gas grille, the production uses a lot of higher-end methods such as turning on a lathe rather than just shooting a mold, and then there's precise decorating that is needed and often requires more expensive methods than mere cheap painting.

I could get an actual gun, that shoots real bullets, for less than what MR charged for their Han Solo ANH blaster. For what they are, there is no reason that lightsaber and blaster prop replicas should cost more than $20-$40.Where could you get a German Mauser C96 today for less than $450??? Where could you get a British Sterling for less than $500? And then you have to use your money and time to modify them to look like the movie versions.

Even a cheap airsoft Mauser is going to run you $20 and it's just plastic and unmodified, you may as well just paint the Hasbro version black.

I still need to get around to getting Dooku's and Asajj's F/X sabers....I checked out Dooku's saber at Tycho's house last year, it's underwhelming. They got the details fairly right, but the hilt is about double the thickness it should be and considerably longer than the prop, and it has an unpleasant weight and balance to it. I don't know of anybody who has the Ventress one, but I was unimpressed with it at Comic-Con last year, its color is wrong and the design is too plain and the size is the same issue as the Dooku one.

bigbarada
04-22-2010, 09:22 PM
The meticulous researching takes time, the design takes a lot of time to make something production-ready, there's added time getting Lucasfilm approval, there's licensing costs, they use higher-end longer-lasting materials than a gas grille, the production uses a lot of higher-end methods such as turning on a lathe rather than just shooting a mold, and then there's precise decorating that is needed and often requires more expensive methods than mere cheap painting.

Where could you get a German Mauser C96 today for less than $450??? Where could you get a British Sterling for less than $500? And then you have to use your money and time to modify them to look like the movie versions.

Even a cheap airsoft Mauser is going to run you $20 and it's just plastic and unmodified, you may as well just paint the Hasbro version black.

Well, my point was that you could buy a pistol for less than $450, not necessarily those pre-1945 collector's item guns. However, I was able to get my hands on a fully-functional 1960s era Walther P-38 (the base gun for Leia's ANH blaster) for about $280, including shipping, taxes, licensing costs, and all the other hoops you have to jump through to buy a gun in Illinois.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/Barada73/p38.jpg

Also, my brother was able to build a really nice replica of Han's blaster for a grand total of $180. It didn't fire bullets, but it did have a working trigger and hammer, which I'm pretty sure the MR versions do not.

JediTricks
04-22-2010, 10:17 PM
1) Ok, but is it a prop replica at this point? No, just a regular gun you wouldn't see in SW, your base investment is nearly $300, and now you have to put in time, money, and effort to make it a prop replica. And since we're talking about $500 replicas, you also have to make a quality acrylic stand and a case and get Carrie Fisher to sign it so it's this: http://www.rebelscum.com/mrleiablastersig.asp
So it has to be high quality, sharp, and accurate for the money. My point is they're expensive because it's a costly undertaking to deliver a high-quality prop replica, it's not just some cheap piece of plastic or some chinese slapped-together mess (see my Walther PPK replica for that). It's not like buying a BBQ down at the local Wal-mart, you get what you pay for.

2) I hate to break it to you BB, but Leia's sporting blaster was from a Soviet weapon, a Margolin MTs .22: http://www.partsofsw.com/ddcanh.htm
It was used because it's a very small gun which fits Leia's style. Her weapon in ROTJ was the same base gun: http://www.partsofsw.com/ddcrotj.htm
Notice the Margolin has that unusual hammer design which keeps it inside the lines of the slide but also slightly sticking out the top. And the Walther is a 9mm while the Margolin is a .22 caliber, a much smaller round for a much smaller gun.

El Chuxter
04-22-2010, 10:33 PM
I'd like a replica Han blaster that actually fires bullets. That'd be a rude wake-up call for a burglar, eh? :evil:

JediTricks
04-23-2010, 02:35 AM
I'd like a replica Han blaster that actually fires bullets. That'd be a rude wake-up call for a burglar, eh? :evil:
"Oh look, a nerd is pointing a toy ray gun at me. Ha ha!"

*BANG BANG*

"Ugh! ... still... a... nerd... haw... h-. "Argh*"

bigbarada
04-23-2010, 08:02 AM
1) Ok, but is it a prop replica at this point? No, just a regular gun you wouldn't see in SW, your base investment is nearly $300, and now you have to put in time, money, and effort to make it a prop replica. And since we're talking about $500 replicas, you also have to make a quality acrylic stand and a case and get Carrie Fisher to sign it so it's this: http://www.rebelscum.com/mrleiablastersig.asp
So it has to be high quality, sharp, and accurate for the money. My point is they're expensive because it's a costly undertaking to deliver a high-quality prop replica, it's not just some cheap piece of plastic or some chinese slapped-together mess (see my Walther PPK replica for that). It's not like buying a BBQ down at the local Wal-mart, you get what you pay for.

2) I hate to break it to you BB, but Leia's sporting blaster was from a Soviet weapon, a Margolin MTs .22: http://www.partsofsw.com/ddcanh.htm
It was used because it's a very small gun which fits Leia's style. Her weapon in ROTJ was the same base gun: http://www.partsofsw.com/ddcrotj.htm
Notice the Margolin has that unusual hammer design which keeps it inside the lines of the slide but also slightly sticking out the top. And the Walther is a 9mm while the Margolin is a .22 caliber, a much smaller round for a much smaller gun.

Well, I didn't buy the pistol to make it into a replica, I just needed a pistol and have always liked how the Germans based the gun's design off of G1 Megatron. ;)

That would be awesome! Of course Lucas would NEVER approve the idea. I'd pay up to $1500 for a bullet-shooting Stormtroopr blaster.

"Oh look, a nerd is pointing a toy ray gun at me. Ha ha!"

*BANG BANG*

"Ugh! ... still... a... nerd... haw... h-. "Argh*"

lol

El Chuxter
04-23-2010, 08:31 AM
Not that I would want WWII to go on longer, but I can't help but wonder: given a few more years to advance their technology, would the Nazis have designed a ray gun and based it on Shockwave?

Jayspawn
04-23-2010, 10:53 AM
Ok, a few NEW offerings recently eFX. 1st is a great looking Stormtrooper stunt helmet. Master Replicas did these first for overseas and they made they're way into the US market. As soon as people realized how awesome they were -they got snatched up!! Never got one myself but now they sell for about as much as the fancy Limited Edition MR helmet. This new stunt helmet from eFX is more or less a reissue. But, still a good buy none the less. I got one preordered from Redford Films (link below) for a great deal!

http://www.redfordfilms.com/product/EF02101008-RF

eFX is also doing the same replica only for the former Shadow/ Black Hole Stormtrooper Stunt helmet. I have the MR LE version and it is absolutly fantastic! However this one is still a good buy. They also have a Count Dooku Precision Cast lightsaber coming soon (hopefully) from the ROTS model. I'd get this.

sergiurusu
04-25-2010, 02:56 AM
I have a few MR and eFX prop replicas like the MR AT-AT, MR Stormtrooper blaster, MR Emperor's Cane & Clasp, MR CE Stormie helmet, MR Force FX Vader sabers ANH and ESB versions, and the eFX Stormie LE helmet - I'm an Imperial collector, so you can already see my focus here ;) . I also got the Museum Replicas Imperial Officer black cap from a good friend. I'll be looking for the Shadow Stormie in the Precision Cast line too, and maybe the TIE Fighter replica (only if I'll find a display place for this HUGE monster).

From what Bryan @ eFX told us they are not going to make blasters anymore, due to the new firearm laws. Still I find this odd because for example HCG is making the Aliens marine pulse rifle (http://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/aliens_pulse_rifle_exc.html) and they seem to have no such problems... I'm also more interested in seeing blasters than sabers, like Scout Blaster or Royal Guard's Force Pike. And of course some new helmets like AT-AT helmet, Royal Guard helmet, Death Star Gunner, and the most important thing an OT Vader helmet.

I'm getting the Sideshow 1:1 Vader bust and will display it with helmet on (that is Vader for me not the 1 minute of Shaw appearance), but still I'd get an OT Vader helmet made by eFX since that would be very accurate. It seems in the newest newsletter they had something on the bottom (under Rizzo announcement) which could be the mould for a future eFX ANH Vader helmet (http://i41.tinypic.com/2hcgn7r.jpg)

Jayspawn
04-26-2010, 10:12 AM
Its an interesting tidbit about "What the guy is working on." Ideally I'd like to be a ANH Vader helmet also. It's hard for me to speculate because eFX is so behind on products, I'd hate to see the existing backlogged products get sidelined once again!

bigbarada
04-27-2010, 08:23 AM
due to the new firearm laws.

Exactly which "new firearm laws" is he talking about?

JediTricks
04-28-2010, 06:43 PM
That would be awesome! Of course Lucas would NEVER approve the idea. I'd pay up to $1500 for a bullet-shooting Stormtroopr blaster.The problem there is that the stormtrooper blaster design has the barrel vents covered up with windshield wiper blades, so if you machine-gunned it (it is, after all, a submachine gun) it'd overheat very quickly. They did make a suppressor barrel variant though, so perhaps it could be worked out, but it'd be expensive to manufacture. Then you have to consider the backwards scope which is rendered useless, and the magazine is shortened. But it's feasible, I dunno about $1500 or less though.

Not that I would want WWII to go on longer, but I can't help but wonder: given a few more years to advance their technology, would the Nazis have designed a ray gun and based it on Shockwave?Don't play into his ludicrousness. Everybody knows Megatron wasn't around until 1984 and then had his alt mode created from Teletraan-1 scanning a P-38, and Shockwave didn't arrive on Earth until after that. Geez! :p

Ok, a few NEW offerings recently eFX. 1st is a great looking Stormtrooper stunt helmet. Master Replicas did these first for overseas and they made they're way into the US market. As soon as people realized how awesome they were -they got snatched up!! Never got one myself but now they sell for about as much as the fancy Limited Edition MR helmet. This new stunt helmet from eFX is more or less a reissue. But, still a good buy none the less. I got one preordered from Redford Films (link below) for a great deal!

http://www.redfordfilms.com/product/EF02101008-RF

eFX is also doing the same replica only for the former Shadow/ Black Hole Stormtrooper Stunt helmet. I have the MR LE version and it is absolutly fantastic! However this one is still a good buy. They also have a Count Dooku Precision Cast lightsaber coming soon (hopefully) from the ROTS model. I'd get this.Not bad, not bad. I'd need to see one in person before I drop that much coin though, I don't want another one that looks like a Don Post PVC cheapo piece.

El Chuxter
04-28-2010, 08:26 PM
Don't play into his ludicrousness. Everybody knows Megatron wasn't around until 1984 and then had his alt mode created from Teletraan-1 scanning a P-38, and Shockwave didn't arrive on Earth until after that. Geez! :p

That's open for debate. Some sources say he was buried in the Savage Land of Antarctica for almost four million years, and others that he landed on Earth and got himself buried somewhere in the western US about a million years back, long before Megatron even was really aware of Earth's existence. (I'd go by the first of those. The second one got really stupid a year or so later.)

sergiurusu
04-28-2010, 11:31 PM
Not bad, not bad. I'd need to see one in person before I drop that much coin though, I don't want another one that looks like a Don Post PVC cheapo piece.

You can see the CE Stormtrooper helmet version here - the Precision Cast version will be the same: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LtsM1fDzuw

Jayspawn
07-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Been a long time since anything has happened for SW prop collectors. I suspect that eFX is struggling to finish the McQuarrie Vader helmet. There has also been been a few months with no update from them on any progress.

However, they came around with a several updates, thankfully! Here's the rundown...

- Obi-Wan Xtreme (reveal) Lightsaber has been cancelled due to problems sourcing out proper parts/materials needed to manufacture.

- A Luke Skywalker ROTJ (reveal) Lightsaber is in planning stage in liu of the Obi-Wan.

- eFX has aparently aquired the original molds to the ANH Vader helmet and are planning 2 runs of this helmet. One is to be brush painted as the original, screen used helmet was. The second, an idealized painted version.

So this is encouraging news. However the following are still backed up in development....

Stormtrooper Helmet CE (apparently this is shipping soon)
McQuarrie Darth Vader Helmet
Luke Skywaker X-Wing Helmet
Millennium Falcon Precision Cast
TIE Fighter Studio Scale
TIE Interceptor Studio Scale
Count Dooku Stunt Lightsaber

I figure the next/ best update we'll get will be at SDCC or C5. I'll be at C5 myself so I'm looking forward to seeing developments in person.

JediTricks
07-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Rats! I am disappointed about the Extreme Saber.

Wait, I am elated about the Luke ROTJ!!! Better not be vaporware though.

I guess I'll have to talk to them about this at SDCC next week.

Jayspawn
07-13-2010, 06:29 PM
Right on JT! Get as much info from eFX as you can. Hopefully they have some good samples to show off.

JediTricks
07-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Right on JT! Get as much info from eFX as you can. Hopefully they have some good samples to show off.
They usually have nice samples of their vaporware in their booth/half booth, unfortunately. I really believe in these guys from a fan perspective, but the ability to get the business end together is too often not happening for them and I really want it to.

Jayspawn
07-18-2010, 12:33 AM
I'd love it if eFX took off. But the truth is that eFX is run by a few people as opposed to Master Replicas which was a fully staffed company with a constant cycle of quality products.

JediTricks
07-18-2010, 12:19 PM
I'd love it if eFX took off. But the truth is that eFX is run by a few people as opposed to Master Replicas which was a fully staffed company with a constant cycle of quality products.
eFX is run exactly the same way MR was run when it first started (some of the same people even), the difference is that MR came in when the market was hungry for superior product to the Icons junk, and there wasn't an existing massive brand of products. Coming out with something new that hits collectors where they live and causes them to take notice is much more difficult than it was 6 years ago because now there's an existing library of product. And having their best introductory product being built by Hasbro now has got to have taken some financial wind from their sails.

Jayspawn
08-30-2010, 10:02 AM
Ordered the grey/green Imperial Officer cap from Museum Replicas thanks to an awesome gift card I got at C5. But alas, it is on backorder. In the mean time, I'm brainstorming ideas on making a stand for it.

sergiurusu
08-31-2010, 03:43 AM
I have the black one (in fact I had 2 but one I traded) and will get the green one too soon.

Jayspawn
09-02-2010, 09:37 AM
eFX has not put it's Count Dooku precision cast lightsaber up for preorder. This is the particular ROTS model. I'm tempted to get it as I have the MR AOTC saber and I know eFX will not be making a higher quality metal model any time soon. I'll be on the lookout for a good deal.

Jayspawn
09-25-2010, 05:11 PM
Recieved the green Imperial Officer cap from Mueseum Replicas this last week. Very nice, quality hat. I was able to put together a quick display stand out of a paper towel holder for it -looks very nice!

Not too much else going on SW prop/ replica wise. eFX has had some delays in painting their McQuarrie 1:1 helmets due to climate issues overseas.

sergiurusu
09-26-2010, 02:49 AM
Recieved the green Imperial Officer cap from Mueseum Replicas this last week. Very nice, quality hat. I was able to put together a quick display stand out of a paper towel holder for it -looks very nice!

I'd like to see a pic of that. That also means mine shouldn't be too far away, I already have the black cap waiting for the green/gray version to arrive.

sergiurusu
12-04-2010, 03:04 AM
I received my Imperial green cap yesterday, glad I got both. It seems BBTS had the Imperial Death Star Officer Full Ensemble - Extra Large (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MUS10077&mode=retail) on clearance for just $164.99 (from $474.99). Wish I knew since my girlfriend's mom could have adjusted it professionally to medium-large size