PDA

View Full Version : The Force Unleashed figures you'd like to see them do

JediTricks
04-21-2010, 04:39 PM
This got brought up in another thread, and I figured it warranted more discussion (anything to break up the myriad of "would you buy this unlikely vehicle" thread that have overfilled this forum :p).

First up is Kazdan Paratus, the mad little Jedi Master on Raxus Prime, he's the same race as Ratts Tyerell. After Order 66 went down, it drove him mad, he went to the junk planet, built himself a set of spider limbs, a lightsaber lance, a junk version of the Jedi Temple, and junk versions of the Jedi council with whom he wished to protect. A figure of him wouldn't be difficult, but I'd love to see them include a junk Yoda and another junk Jedi master as well.

Another from Raxus Prime would be a Rodian Heavy Defender or maybe a Rodian Ripper, although the Ripper's topless costume is a little odd and steampunk.

I'd like to see Hasbro do a Scrap Guardian but a little more scrap and less "random polygons" than the game version.

I'm not sure about a Purge Trooper, I really hated them in the game, they were probably the cheapest thing about the game all by themselves, and their design seemed a little far afield for Star Wars, but they might make good figures... maybe?

Hoth Starkiller, that was a pretty cool variant of our protagonist.

So, what else would you guys like to see? More Starkiller figures? I could be on board with that.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Off the top of my head, a Kleef figure would be cool. I remember seeing the Gungan bounty hunter and thinking he was awesome (though not knowing at the time who Lee van Cleef was, nor that yet another Cleef-based character would be introduced just a few months later).

And I second Kazdan Paratus. He was quite cool. So were some of the scrap creatures, and it would be fun to see which droid elements they incorporate.

DarkJedi5
04-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Kazdan is the only character I can think of off the top of my head. The enemy troopers don't really appeal to me much. Maybe a Felucian Shaman. I don't even know who Kleef is. Where was he in the game?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-21-2010, 09:19 PM
I guess he was at Cloud City (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kleef). He was in the PS2 version, at least, but not sure about the others.

DarkArtist
04-22-2010, 10:26 AM
let's see:

Kazden Peratis
Hoth Starkiller
Tatoonie Starkiller
Purge Trooper
Defeated Battle Damaged Rohm Kota
Darth Deathsolius
Darth Phobos
Kento Marek
Emperor's Shadow Giard (More Game Accurate)
Starkiller in Sith Robes
Kleef
Boss Chop'aa with Basilisk (from the Wii)
Princess Leia

El Chuxter
04-22-2010, 12:19 PM
I'd like to see a series of folks playing the game, with miniature game controllers.

Phantom-like Menace
04-22-2010, 12:25 PM
I want a Maris Brood that doesn't have the poor articulation and twisted torso. They can fix her 'sabres too.

Darth Metalmute
04-22-2010, 01:12 PM
I'm not sure about a Purge Trooper, I really hated them in the game, they were probably the cheapest thing about the game all by themselves, and their design seemed a little far afield for Star Wars, but they might make good figures... maybe?

I would love to see a Purge Trooper, if only to strap some M-80's up to them and light them up for all the hell they caused me in the game.

JediTricks
04-22-2010, 05:10 PM
I guess he was at Cloud City (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kleef). He was in the PS2 version, at least, but not sure about the others.Yeah, Kleef is only in the port for the PS2, PSP, and Wii. That whole storyline is something Krome made up for their port, along with those multiple Jedi Temple missions.

let's see:

Kazden Peratis
Hoth Starkiller
Tatoonie Starkiller
Purge Trooper
Defeated Battle Damaged Rohm Kota
Darth Deathsolius
Darth Phobos
Kento Marek
Emperor's Shadow Giard (More Game Accurate)
Starkiller in Sith Robes
Kleef
Boss Chop'aa with Basilisk (from the Wii)
Princess LeiaWhat's not accurate about the Shadow Guard? Do you mean the non-cloak Shadow Guard, or is this a Wii/PS2 thing where that version looks different?

Lil Leia, I love it!

I want a Maris Brood that doesn't have the poor articulation and twisted torso. They can fix her 'sabres too.Interesting, I hadn't really thought about her saber design being wrong. But not only are the blades the wrong length, but the handles are too far forward. I'm not sure I'd buy another of her though, even with that odd torso. I don't think she's poorly articulated, she's got SA except for knees.

I would love to see a Purge Trooper, if only to strap some M-80's up to them and light them up for all the hell they caused me in the game.Sir,

I bow to your wisdom. You are, of course, absolute correct about the proper need for and usage of a Purge Trooper action figure. I humbly reverse my previous opinion and now demand their production so I can enact my own brand of physical justice upon them as well.

Yours,
-JT

Phantom-like Menace
04-22-2010, 11:25 PM
Interesting, I hadn't really thought about her saber design being wrong. But not only are the blades the wrong length, but the handles are too far forward. I'm not sure I'd buy another of her though, even with that odd torso. I don't think she's poorly articulated, she's got SA except for knees.

I haven't pulled her out in a while (my collection resides in several plastic tubs), so she may be more articulated than I remember, but her torso bothers me to the point where if they fixed that and even reduced her articulation I'd consider it an improvement.

JimJamBonds
04-23-2010, 10:21 AM
What about this guy? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Teek

DarkArtist
04-23-2010, 03:58 PM
JT i love the version they did make but it's really just an Emperor's guard figures from ROTS done in black. the true figure should be without the cape. I actually cut the cape off an extra one i had and use it for display.

just check out GameStop and asked about the release date for TFU II and so far they have a tenitative date of 12/31/2010 which means sometime in 2011 we should see it hit stores.

RENDAR LIVES
04-23-2010, 10:37 PM
Starkiller's story would be ideal for the live action series whenever that starts moving forward, especially since the lead role is already portrayed by an actual actor. Then the CW wont need to create anymore time paradoxes.

When are the TRU sets supposed to be released?

JediTricks
04-24-2010, 03:13 PM
What about this guy? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TeekAlready a figure.

JT i love the version they did make but it's really just an Emperor's guard figures from ROTS done in black. the true figure should be without the cape. I actually cut the cape off an extra one i had and use it for display.You cut off the cloak??? It's removable, just pop the head off (it's a ball joint) and remove the cloak. I will give you that they used the wrong armor design, and it lacks the lower skirt, the skirt is what I had forgotten about, which does require a different design. And then if they do the Shadow Guard, there's the regular and senate guards in that costume as well.

Anyway, Hasbro didn't goof on the figure they gave us, that one is from the Wii game: http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/885367/images/fu_062.jpg
Stupid baby's console junk game ruining everything. :p

just check out GameStop and asked about the release date for TFU II and so far they have a tenitative date of 12/31/2010 which means sometime in 2011 we should see it hit stores.LFL announced a 2010 date, while they missed the date on TFU1, there's less to develop here so I think they'll get it out in Nov or Dec of this year and Gamestop not knowing when it's coming out (it has only the 2010 date so far) is just listing the last date it could come out.

Starkiller's story would be ideal for the live action series whenever that starts moving forward, especially since the lead role is already portrayed by an actual actor. Then the CW wont need to create anymore time paradoxes.That's not a bad idea, Sam Witwer is probably a little too old to play the younger Galen Marek on TV now though, he's 32. But I'd watch a TFU show. Not sure what they could do in terms of story outside of the game tho'.

When are the TRU sets supposed to be released?May 1st, but they're already starting to hit stores now.

El Chuxter
04-24-2010, 08:33 PM
No one else wants gamer figures? Dang. Guess the demand isn't there and I'll have a hole in my collection.

LTBasker
04-25-2010, 10:46 AM
I'll support the need for more TFU figures, even though I have the "baby junk console" version and still need to finish it due to an antiquated TV in which even at its brightest I can't see the dark areas (so 90% of every map), if support is given in return for more Dark Forces figures. :D

Even before I had picked up the game I picked up the TFU figures from the TAC line since they looked so cool, so I'd happily support the release for more. Frankly, after so many dim-witted ideas from various comics have come to plastic fruition, I think it's time for the video game medium to shine. Especially Dark Forces. :p

sonofsokol
04-25-2010, 05:27 PM
I'd like to see a series of folks playing the game, with miniature game controllers.

No one else wants gamer figures? Dang. Guess the demand isn't there and I'll have a hole in my collection.

I was thinking about your idea and it made me think about how silly I probably look while playing this game on my Wii. If undertaken, I'd like to see some 70's floral patterned sofa 2 pasty-white, half-shaven (possibly overweight) guys in retro Star Wars t-shirts with accesories like half-eaten pizzas in grease-stained pizza boxes and empty Red Bull or Rockstar cans strewn on the floor. Maybe Tycho can do a poll on these. I can see it as a "battle pack." I know Hasbro has said "no more running changes," but how cool would it be to have to have a running change from X-box to Wii or something.