PDA

View Full Version : Ketwol Found !

xboywonder
02-28-2002, 02:04 PM
... at every single retail store in my area for the past 6 monthes.

can anyone tell me why this particular wave is so plentiful and waves like the Eth Koth and Teebo waves are so hard to come by.

Why make more than others?? What determines it ??

JEDIpartner
02-28-2002, 02:28 PM
part of the problem lies in the inventory controller not knowing too much about the STAR WARS product. Secondly... you are currently dealing with a tonne of stuff that did not sell over the holidays. This is the reason you are not seeing new waves hitting your stores. They won't order anything new until a majority of those items are cleared out. Thirdly... you are also dealing with HASBLAH. These are the official final waves of the POTJ run and the last waves are usually the hardest to find. They tend to not saturate the market with the figures as they are trying to make sure the retailers have empty pegs to fill with their NEW product. At least that's the way I've heard it from several friends who have worked for Target, Kmart and Wal-Mart in the past.

Lord Tenebrous
02-28-2002, 02:29 PM
The Ketwol wave is pegwarming because most retail stores overstocked on it. And because they're still sitting, there's going to be no new product until those are gone. :(

It's really a natural occurrance. Some stores went all-out with Ketwol (maybe because of the Duros fan figure?), others with the Vader (Wrath) wave. And recently, in my area, lots of the Eeth wave.

Be patient, that's all we really can say as far as distribution now. If you can't find any new POTJ you want by mid-summer, you might want to start buying/trading for them. But if your search range is large enough, you should find some place that has what you want.

Hope that helps :)

LTBasker
02-28-2002, 03:50 PM
Because waves like the Chewie mechanic wave and stuff were clogging the pegs before it, therefore creating backstocked Ketwol figures that couldn't be put out, so when the Ketwol stock starts to dwindle you should see new figures.

xboywonder
02-28-2002, 05:21 PM
I have noticed that the Targets in my area have all clearanced the potj figures... leaving nothing on the pegs - While Walmarts are packed to the brim with Ketwol and Duros - could Target then possibly be a good bet on finding the Teebo Wave ?? What do you guys think ??

Lord Tenebrous
02-28-2002, 05:57 PM
I think Target's just going to go straight to AOTC merchandise, given the price drop to $5.99.

Teebo wave's going to be tough to find, even if the stores do get them. I'd tag TRU and Walmart as the best bets, because of the added responsibility of vehicle exclusives.

Hellzer
03-01-2002, 01:18 AM
I know how you feel, man. I'm lucky enough to have Walmart, Target, TRU, K-mart, and KB all within about a one-mile radius of each other, but every time I've gone in the past few months, it's been either Ketwol wave pegwarmers or nothing at all. It's a terribly frustrating cycle. The only deviation I encountered was spotting some 25th aniversery sets a Walmart a few weeks back, but of course neither were Vader/Obi-Wan, the only one I wanted. I fear that I'll never manage to score an Eeth Koth in any retail outlets.

icatch9
03-04-2002, 01:46 PM
I think it is Durrosís fault. He is the Fanís choice figure. So, Hasbro wants to make sure every fan has their chance to get this figure. So, the wave was perhaps overproduced to assure that every fan that voted got a chance to get theirs. I know is some areas Amanaman (fans choice #2) is hard to get, but I could have had many of them in my area, so I donít know if the same rule applies for him. This coupled with the holidays and the lower interest in Star Wars by the average person (kid) causes this wave and Ketwol to be everywhere. Just like in Mos Espa, there is a Ketwol everwhere you look in Episode I. :stupid:

Jayspawn
03-05-2002, 10:40 AM
It's very simple. Don't you guys know? "Attack of the Clones" is a movie about Ketwols! Haha!

I wonder if the acess of Ketwols could defeat the Clones?

Starfig873
03-05-2002, 11:21 AM
Well I guess worse comes to worse, we can all just "custom" make out Melas figures eh? Certainly plenty to go around...yeesh

Mandalorian Candidat
03-05-2002, 03:57 PM
I say we all go down to W-M, TRU, Target, wherever and toss all the Ketwols under the display stands so those stocking bozos will put out the new stuff. Anyone with me?! Anyone?... hellooooo

LTBasker
03-06-2002, 02:45 AM
Yea, we're with ya!!! You go grab the figures and we'll meet ya there!

Hehe, we're not really gonna meet Candidat there.... :D

Seriously though, everyone might want to try grabbing some more Ketwols and Duros for misc. customs or diorama fillers, I might grab some, 'course my area I think is the only area that I think isn't covered with'em. :D We're still covered with Mechanic Chewie and Aurra Sing. :p

Starfig873
03-06-2002, 11:28 AM
Of course I could re-suggest my bonfire idea, but nooooo "that releases toxic gases"

Pah! Young'uns! :p :D

InsaneJediGirl
03-06-2002, 11:49 AM
Maybe..If we throw them all in the Barbie Section,no one will notice and I might be able to find Eeth/Tiin..muahahahaha!..

..Then again,WM,TRU,Target probably has more Ketwols in the
back then they know what to do with.

LTBasker
03-06-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
..Then again,WM,TRU,Target probably has more Ketwols in the
back then they know what to do with.

They perfected cloning, but didn't tell anyone else. :rolleyes: