PDA

View Full Version : Big Playset, but what to use it for? Thoughts?

Fat Valentino
04-23-2010, 11:45 PM
I purchased a large Bratz townhouse playset at the goodwill this evening. It's a nice piece, and has some cool detailing could work well as a Bespin, Corusant, or Jedi Temple environment.

I'd welcome any thoughts about what to do with this three level, nearly four foot tall behemoth.

Maerj2000
04-24-2010, 01:13 PM
Coruscant, definately. I can see the one side becoming Padme's apartment and the other side might work as a senate playset. Get a couple of the Senate battle packs and attach the pods... you could make something pretty cool. If you do, post pics!

JediTricks
04-24-2010, 03:48 PM
I thought "Padme" as well but was more thinking Theed Palace battle scenes, like where she and the Naboo Security Force team rappel up the wall.

The disco bar interior could double for a section of the Theed energy facility where Darth Maul, Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon successfully performed their ballet dance moves after years of training under Jedi Master Bawb Foh'sei.

Fat Valentino
04-24-2010, 05:42 PM
I get the Theed or Aalderan vibe too. There is a very cool, old world asthetic to this piece.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-24-2010, 08:00 PM
The top made me think of the gushy scene from ROTS. Also, you need to change that 1133 to an 1138.

Fat Valentino
04-25-2010, 02:57 AM
I tried out some Legacy Collection and POTF2 guys, even some Galactic Heroes, but the best fit by far... :bandit:

I love this playset. The Bratz line had some fracking amazing playsets. Airplanes, cars, discos, mini-malls. Hasbro should hire whoever ran the playset and vehicle division of that toy line ASAP.

mabudonicus
04-26-2010, 12:49 PM
That's funny that Hasbro can't afford to make Star Wars playsets, looking at that thing. I wonder how they managed to sell that for anything under 200$, what with all the "costing"

EDIT- after some searching, looks like it was probably 150$, but I still don't get how the Bratz license can support it but Star Wars just flat-out can't
:beard: Iso&Baws&Topes
If that was a Star Wars set I could see it being 200-250$ easily with all of that tooling

DarkArtist
04-28-2010, 10:55 AM
nice set, definately has a Clone Wars feel to it. I would see as Padme's apartment and maybe Palpatine's Office.

JediTricks
04-28-2010, 05:25 PM
Using it for a classic Trek diorama was brilliant, the larger scale, colors, and spartan detail work well with TOS figures! (I love Trek, but it isn't exactly high-detail in TOS :p)

That's funny that Hasbro can't afford to make Star Wars playsets, looking at that thing. I wonder how they managed to sell that for anything under 200$, what with all the "costing"

EDIT- after some searching, looks like it was probably 150$, but I still don't get how the Bratz license can support it but Star Wars just flat-out can't
:beard: Iso&Baws&Topes
If that was a Star Wars set I could see it being 200-250$ easily with all of that toolingIt went for $120 originally, from what my quick research found. Here's the thing though, if you look, there aren't fine details which the SW scale would requires, the details are sparse and large for Bratz 9" scale. They also have a larger, enthusiastic base of customers for it, and lower expectations, and no Lucasfilm-approval requirement, and a cheap factory, and they aren't as careful about product safety as Hasbro (they test consistently medium for chlorine, and often have other toxic metals like tin and chromium). There are a lot of apples and oranges to take into account.

Alpha 315
05-08-2010, 03:13 PM
I saw a Bespin scene, but ya know, it's me.

After staring it down a bit, I see where Padme enters the picture.

Jayspawn
05-11-2010, 10:29 AM
Thats a cool playset. I think I'd make a Bespin out of it. I'd repaint that purple wall too. Anyways, it looks pretty multi functional.