PDA

View Full Version : Episdoe II Preview Figures

DarkArtist
02-28-2002, 04:55 PM
Are the preview figures going to have different sculpts then the general release figures or is it just going to be a different card. I mean Mace Windu's preview figure was different from the mass produced one.

Beast
02-28-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by DarkArtist
Are the preview figures going to have different sculpts then the general release figures or is it just going to be a different card. I mean Mace Windu's preview figure was different from the mass produced one.
The preview figures are different. The Jango Fett doesn't match any of the other figures of him from the blue cards. It's the most preposed one as well. The Zam Wesell preview figure has no knee articulation and her veil is molded on. The regular release one has knee articulation and her veil is off hanging down next to her head. The preview clonetrooper is stuck pretty much in an action fighting stance. We haven't seen the regular release Clone Trooper yet, but if the Commander figure shown at Toy Fair was an indication, the regular release will have alot of articulation. As for the R3-T7 figure, I don't think we will get a second version of it in the regular line. Originally I heard that the 4th preview figure was supposed to be the Super Battle Droid, but they switched it to this droid instead of putting the SBD out early. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-28-2002, 05:09 PM
I don't think the preview figs are gonna be on regular cards afterall, dunno though...

JEDIpartner
03-01-2002, 08:48 AM
I thought the preview figures were going to be put on the POTJ cards as a merge of the two lines. It really matters not to me as I tend to tear them off the damn things anyhow. It's more about play than collecting. I never plan on parting with my collection. Well... not until I'm dead and couldn't care about them anymore.

Obi-Don
03-01-2002, 08:51 AM
I'm with you on that one JEDIpartnr. They will all come out of the packaging and on to my bookcases.

pthfnder89
03-01-2002, 10:36 AM
They are definitely on POTJ cards, just like the ones in SirSteves picture database.

I saw a couple of them at a scifi show I went to last weekend, but I have to say, the Preview Jango doesn't get any better when you see him up close. He's DEFINITELY the weakest of any of the Jangos that I've seen pics of, so I'd seriously recommend waiting to buy one of the regular AOTC release ones.

Jargo
03-01-2002, 12:48 PM
Weeeell - I just ordered two R3-T7's and I'm glad I did. One to leave as is, and one to customise. Maybe a rebel R3 or maybe an Imperial R3 who knows? But I won't be getting the other three figures. That clonetrooper still looks like cheap bootleg stuff. And jango has his broken hip stance. Zam is okay but why buy a preview version of the same figure that's coming in the basic figure assortments with articulation and you'll be able to see her face? I'd rather wait for the posable Zam and a better jango if I'm going to think about buying them. I'm not too concerned - he said answering the question posed - about the POTJ merger packaging. I too rip the figures off the cards and the bright green card gets binned as soon as I have it in my hands. The novelty of the clear dome on the astro droid will no doubt keep me amused until the main release late April. Simple things please simple minds...:p

SithDroid
03-01-2002, 02:11 PM
Anyone know when they are suppposed to be hitting shelves? I thought sometime this month. Also, is the Teebo wave going to be hitting sometime this month.

LTBasker
03-01-2002, 02:30 PM
On the 16th. :happy: Can't wait to grab'em!

Btw, just for the record, the preview Zam Wessel appears to be Zam Wessel: Coruscant Sniper.

Attached a picture below.

SithDroid
03-01-2002, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the info, I'll be on the lookout.