PDA

View Full Version : New and improved Bounty Hunter Jodo Kast - Kmart exclusive

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-06-2010, 02:06 PM
I was just fine and dandy with the one from 2008, but a new one (http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=11691.msg257595#msg257595) is evidently coming soon as a Kmart exclusive. He's on the shadows of the Dark Side packaging, not vintage - though the coloring on top puts him with Clone Wars, not Saga Legends, despite him being realistically styled and not appearing in the TV show. Kmart seems to do well with carrying their exclusives, for the most part, so at least it shouldn't be too difficult to track down.

El Chuxter
05-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Kmart seems to do well with carrying their exclusives, for the most part, so at least it shouldn't be too difficult to track down.

Too bad he'll be $17. :D

This is pretty weird. Didn't someone from Hasbro say at one point the Legacy figure was the only chance of ever seeing Jodo Kast, and here's a new one? I'm afraid this might be too minor a character for many collectors to want to upgrade, and, even if $17 is exaggerating, K-Mart is pricey. (I'm going to seriously guess $10-12 for this.) This concerns me on the one hand, since he could be a pegwarming disaster; on the other, I'm glad they're keeping K-Mart happy by giving them exclusives, but keeping collectors happy by giving K-Mart exclusives many people won't want.

LTBasker
05-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Somewhere, everywhere, within the dimly lit aisles of so many local K-marts, the most rabid Hot Wheels "collectors" are ravaging a fresh flock of innocent and unsuspecting cases. Cardboard carcasses litter the ground and hang off the tips of virgin pegs; virgin to stock that you're actually looking for. Momentarily they freeze, raising their heads from their die-cast bounties; from their treasure hunt hoard; from their stash of fresh Ecto-1s, grinning a grin so evil, so maniacal, as their loathsome hive mind tremors with the news of an ebay exclusive Star Wars figure. As quickly as the disturbance came, they return to their savage simplicity. Disturbed only once more as a new feeder unwittingly enters their fray; a new hire, carrying a new supply of fresh die-cast and plastic to its unfortunate fate, so blissfully ignorant of the horde which stalks the stock.

Yeah, I'm bitter about the jerks buying every single Ecto-1 to put them in lots of 4 for $20 or more on ebay.

JediTricks
05-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Weird choice, but it goes with the Legends theme of "bounty hunters", I suppose. I traded my last one, so now I can get another, but dang if kmart isn't the worst choice.

DarkArtist
05-06-2010, 03:47 PM
I want him...much needed improvement over the last Jodo Kast. hopefully i can find him.

mtriv73
05-06-2010, 03:53 PM
Weird choice, but it goes with the Legends theme of "bounty hunters", I suppose. I traded my last one, so now I can get another, but dang if kmart isn't the worst choice.

I still think Service Merchandise was the worst choice ever for an exclusive with the ones they got back around 1998. At least there are plenty of K-marts spread across most of the country. Still it's going to be doubly overpriced as both an exclusive and a K-mart exclusive. I just wonder what else will be released as an exclusive with it. It really wouldn't make sense to ship cases of some second rate mando few people have ever heard of without a few other figures in the wave.

JediTricks
05-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I remember dealing with Service Merchandise back in the day, they had a store outlet that I think I ended up going to and it didn't pan out so I had to use their catalog, but those exclusives were 12" figures, so it's a different league IMO.

Today, I think Diamond/Previews is the worst choice simply because of how spotty distribution is and how uncontrolled pricing is, but they don't get single figures.

El Chuxter
05-06-2010, 04:39 PM
K-Mart's run some decent sales on some of their other exclusives (like the Rise of Cobra multipack), but would they run a sale on just one figure? And, if it costs more than the normal figure (highly likely), would it be included in any sales on standard figures?

DarkJedi5
05-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Hey, I'm all for this one. I was really disappointed in the version from 2008 (I really wanted to do a Jodo Kast vs Boba Fett mini-dio) with it's floppy joints and weirdly sculpted arms. I just hope I can find one of these, there's only like one spotty Kmart near me, and I have no problem paying extra bucks for a single figure at Kmart prices.

clone157
05-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Anybody know of a release date? Or if they will carry them at Sears Grand stores? They are the same company after all, and the closest Kmart is about 90 miles away.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-09-2010, 05:55 PM
I'm not sure of the release date, but I've seen a few Kmart exclusives at Sears Grand (in particular the extra tin sets that nobody wanted) so it's entirely possible that he'll show up there as well.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-10-2010, 07:23 PM
...but dang if kmart isn't the worst choice.I always thought that FAO Swartz was the worst for exclusives.

And I forget about the unholy union between Sears and KM; might need to check them for SW stuff sometime.

JediTricks
05-10-2010, 07:25 PM
I always thought that FAO Swartz was the worst for exclusives.

And I forget about the unholy union between Sears and KM; might need to check them for SW stuff sometime.
FAO Schwarz had catalog sales, Kmart doesn't. But I would agree with you that back in the day, they were a worse choice. Now they don't exist.

Darth Jax
05-10-2010, 09:32 PM
FAO Schwarz had catalog sales, Kmart doesn't. But I would agree with you that back in the day, they were a worse choice. Now they don't exist.

neither does kmart in my world

clone157
05-16-2010, 10:16 PM
Funny, the Sears Grand around here is in the same shopping center as a TRU, but I haven't been in there for over a year.

DarkJedi5
07-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Checked my local Kmart today and they had two tags for the Jodo Kast figure. I had an employee check stock cause the pegs were empty and low and behold they had 12! They're just locked in the manager's office until 8/6. Oh well.

JetsAndHeels
07-23-2010, 09:28 PM
My local Kmart already had them out on Wednesday. For $8.99 I can wait for clearance.

El Chuxter
07-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Phhhhhbbbbbbbbbttttt.

I can think of nothing more to say about a re-release of frickin' Jodo Kast when there are so many more deserving figures. If he wasn't a Boba Fett in a different color, we wouldn't be seeing him.

I wanted one, but two? In as many years? Yeesh.

DarkJedi5
07-23-2010, 09:46 PM
Phhhhhbbbbbbbbbttttt.

I can think of nothing more to say about a re-release of frickin' Jodo Kast when there are so many more deserving figures. If he wasn't a Boba Fett in a different color, we wouldn't be seeing him.

I wanted one, but two? In as many years? Yeesh.

Come on, the first one was absolute garbage! I only bought it for the droid piece and then practically threw the figure away (okay, "practically," I threw it in the drawer with my other crappy figures that I never want to see ever again). They were using a mold that was years out of date in order to crank out a cheap-o filler figure. I'm very glad they realized they did a terrible job on the first one. Do I need an ultra-super-duper Jodo Kast? No. Do I like the character and want Hasbro to turn out the best figures they are capable of? Yes. I really just don't even think the first one even counts as a figure.

El Chuxter
07-23-2010, 10:06 PM
The first one was fine with me. All Jodo Kast can do is stand there. It's better than any figure released between 1995 and 1997, and better than any figure from the initial AOTC waves.

DarkJedi5
07-23-2010, 10:22 PM
It's better than any figure released between 1995 and 1997, and better than any figure from the initial AOTC waves.

Those are the exact figures I keep in the drawer of figures I never want to see again and while I disagree and can find a handful of those figures that are better, this figure was first released in the 2003 Saga line and in my book is still tainted with the awfulness that was that series. They took away the flame effect, changed the paint, and charged $3.00 more for it. The main issue wasn't that it was a bad figure (we've had a few recent stinkers already remade, though the two that jump out at me are both Luke and he's a main character) but it's that he was so far behind what they were churning out at the same time, it was like they weren't even trying.

DarkArtist
07-25-2010, 11:42 AM
still no sign by me... hoping to score at least 1

DarkArtist
08-23-2010, 08:12 PM
finally found one today in my local K-Mart...really nice figure...hoping to find another to keep MOC:thumbsup:

bkusna
08-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Do you think he's worth the $8.99 price tag?????

DarkJedi5
08-23-2010, 09:11 PM
I bought two of these back when they came out and I've very pleased with the one I've opened. I was sorely disappointed with the one from a few years back and really wanted to see Hasbro take another crack at him cause I really liked Twin Engines of Destruction. I mean, it's an SA Boba Fett repaint, you're paying about the same thing for a repainted Boba Fett in the Vintage line anyway so, yeah, I'd say he's worth it.

BTW, like I said, I bought two but one was for a friend who found one himself. It's up for grabs (trade or sale at cost) otherwise he goes back to big K.

bkusna
08-23-2010, 09:15 PM
I bought two of these back when they came out and I've very pleased with the one I've opened. I was sorely disappointed with the one from a few years back and really wanted to see Hasbro take another crack at him cause I really liked Twin Engines of Destruction. I mean, it's an SA Boba Fett repaint, you're paying about the same thing for a repainted Boba Fett in the Vintage line anyway so, yeah, I'd say he's worth it.

BTW, like I said, I bought two but one was for a friend who found one himself. It's up for grabs (trade or sale at cost) otherwise he goes back to big K.

thanx for the review, a buddy of mine lives near a Kmart and asked me if I wanted any, so I guess I'll get a couple...one to open of course:D

DarkArtist
08-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Do you think he's worth the $8.99 price tag?????

I'd have to say yes the figure is worth the $8.99 price tag.... since we can get the repainted Fett on the Vintage card for anywhere between 7.99 - 9.99and Jodo Kast sports a new head sculpt the price is right....

defiantely pick this figure up if you find one at retail...he's a nightmare to find. I'm going to see if I can get another to keep MOC but not sure if I'll have any success