PDA

View Full Version : All Hail Caesar!!!!

El Chuxter
05-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Next June, the sixth movie in the Planet of the Apes series, called either Caesar or Rise of the Apes (or, according to some sources, both), will hit theaters. Some sites seem to think it's a prequel to the Burton film, which goes against all the advance info I'd read, not to mention would make no sense since the planet of the apes in that movie was not a future Earth (according to the DVD).

It's supposed to be the backstory of Caesar, who started the ape rebellion, apparently retconning all or part of the last three movies. (Can't say I'm unhappy about that. :D)

JimJamBonds
05-07-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it can't be any worse then the Tim Burton version... but I won't hold my breath.

DarthQuack
05-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Ape shall never kill ape.

El Chuxter
05-07-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it can't be any worse then the Tim Burton version... but I won't hold my breath.

The Burton movie really isn't that bad compared to some of the later installments of the original. It really only truly sucks when compared to the first movie; even then, it's visually impressive and solidly acted, just with not the best script in the world.

I'm especially glad that the apes will be CG and genetic engineering will be a theme. I don't mind humanoid apes for the advanced apes of the future, but guys in suits playing normal apes bothered me. And the genetic engineering factor might fill in one of the most ludicrous parts of the original series, where people just suddenly started using gorillas and chimps as waiters and hairdressers.