PDA

View Full Version : Why am I looking at a naked Barack Obama on a Star Wars toy site?

bigbarada
05-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Seriously, that Sideshow ad with a shirtless 12" Barack Obama figure standing in front of the American flag is giving me the creeps. And who is that other guy in the background?

sith_killer_99
05-06-2010, 10:21 PM
That guy in the background is Rahm, Rahmbo, dead fish Emanuel.

BTW, do NOT click on that link, lest you be exposed to a completely naked Obama figure!!!

Really, they should put a warning on that ad!!!:mad:

bigbarada
05-06-2010, 10:31 PM
BTW, do NOT click on that link, lest you be exposed to a completely naked Obama figure!!!

Too late, that's how I knew he was naked and not just shirtless. :(

sith_killer_99
05-06-2010, 10:37 PM
Too late, that's how I knew he was naked and not just shirtless. :(

Counseling...it may help.

What kind of a world do we live in where innocent children can click on a link at a "family friendly" website and be exposed to neked Presidents.:twisted:

bigbarada
05-06-2010, 10:42 PM
I guess it's supposed to be their generic African-American 12" body. But I would have thought that, with Hispanics being the largest minority in America, Sideshow would also put out a generic Hispanic-American body.

Of course, if Sideshow wanted to choose a generic African-American face, then why not choose a model who is a "true" African-American and not half-Caucasian?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Why are you looking at a naked Barack Obama on a Star Wars toy site? Since you still haven't figured out how to use anti-ad software. :p

bigbarada
05-07-2010, 12:49 AM
Why are you looking at a naked Barack Obama on a Star Wars toy site? Since you still haven't figured out how to use anti-ad software. :p

Well I never thought I needed it since I don't visit sites that use those kinds of ads. I definitely never thought I would need it for this site. Also, ads are what helps Steve pay the bills to keep this website up, so I figure I should give his sponsors the courtesy of at least looking at their ads. Occasionally I do see something that interests me. So far only one ad has completely disgusted me, so I thought I would make a thread about it. :p

El Chuxter
05-07-2010, 01:08 AM
At least he's not anatomically correct.

Lord Malakite
05-07-2010, 02:33 AM
At least he's not anatomically correct.
Or is it?;)

Rocketboy
05-07-2010, 09:20 AM
So far only one ad has completely disgusted me,So...you're offended by a shirtless black man and not offended by the close up of Asajj Ventress's cleavage, C-3PO being skullf***ed by Salacious Crumb or the Hulk with a massive crotch?

bigbarada
05-07-2010, 11:05 AM
So...you're offended by a shirtless black man and not offended by the close up of Asajj Ventress's cleavage, C-3PO being skullf*cked by Salacious Crumb or the Hulk with a massive crotch?

It's more about it being a shirtless President of the United States than an African-American. He's somebody that we're supposed to show at least a basic amount of respect to and there his face is being used to sell a naked doll body.

I don't really remember the Asajj cleavage, but that's probably because you see boobs pretty much everywhere you go these days. So I'm numb to stuff like that at this point. I definitely don't remember the Hulk ad, but I do remember the thread asking about it.

Tycho
06-12-2010, 04:45 AM
This is nothing.

To this day no one's explained to me why Hasbro wanted you to touch the Reek between his legs and the electronics makes him moan and spasm.

I haven't figured out that one since 2002!

El Chuxter
06-15-2010, 01:31 AM
Why am I looking at a naked Barack Obama on a Star Wars toy site?

Because he's magically boobalicious.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Perhaps he'll be a background character in the CW season 3. A B'Omorr Monk named B'Oma Rak?

Tycho
06-16-2010, 11:22 AM
Perhaps he'll be a background character in the CW season 3. A B'Omorr Monk named B'Oma Rak?

That's classic. But actually seeing Press Secretary Gibbs' talking head in the jar would be even more accurate.

JediTricks
06-18-2010, 03:54 PM
BB, are you asking why YOU are looking at a naked Barack Obama? I don't know why you'd want to look at that. I choose not to. :p

Tycho
07-01-2010, 06:06 AM
I guess it's supposed to be their generic African-American 12" body. But I would have thought that, with Hispanics being the largest minority in America, Sideshow would also put out a generic Hispanic-American body.

Because they can't distribute that one in Arizona.