PDA

View Full Version : Jabba's Throne - Walmart Exclusive!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-10-2010, 10:30 AM
As seen in the Sandtrooper forums (http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=11691.msg257846#msg257846), a boxed look at this set. Holy crap, I think I just had a heart attack! Even though we can't see the actual product aside from the new Oola figure, it's clear that it's an all-new Jabba (with poseable tail) and his dais. They've confirmed this before, but I've been waiting for this for a long, long time. :love:

Dark Marble
05-10-2010, 12:37 PM
I am happy, I am a huge Jabba Fan so this is a welcome addition. I wonder if the Oola is a mock-up as she looks the same as the old one at a glace. The Box art is awesome!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-10-2010, 01:04 PM
It is sort of hard to tell, but a comparison with the old Oola (http://www.rebelscum.com/potf2oola-crumb.asp) shows that this one is indeed new - the fishnets go to the top of her legs, for one thing.

Darth Metalmute
05-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Box looks small. I hope it's just the photo.

El Chuxter
05-10-2010, 01:27 PM
You are ****ing kidding me. Hasbro, you're squandering the goodwill you bought with Teek.

It's not that I'm not more excited about this than almost any Star Wars--or other--toy in ages, but a WM exclusive? Hopefully they'll show up here. I still haven't seen the new comic packs (probably because we're still swimming in the last wave of WM exclusive comic packs that some people never saw).

Darth Metalmute
05-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Some of the clothes on Oola look almost cloth.

I thought the same thing when I saw the Walmart sticker. I have never seen any exclusives at my local Walmart. The one outside of town gets them all.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Box looks small. I hope it's just the photo.
How does it look small? Look how tiny Oola looks in the window there. The box is well over 12" tall . . . I don't know what you expect.

Chux, they announced it was going to be an exclusive a long time ago, but they didn't specify which store. The Walmarts in my area do a great job of putting out their exclusives, so if you can't find one, then I'll help you out.

Devo
05-10-2010, 01:37 PM
I'd best keep an eagle eye on my usual sites for this. Oola looks fantastic at least.

El Chuxter
05-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Thanks! If they make Jabba with a dais and I can't get it into my grubby little paws, I have no reason to keep on living. :crazed:

Droid
05-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Thanks! If they make Jabba with a dais and I can't get it into my grubby little paws, I have no reason to keep on living.

Then you'd fit right in with the cast of Dinosaurs!

Ando
05-10-2010, 02:40 PM
The Walmarts in my area do a great job of putting out their exclusives...

Then consider yourself lucky, 'cause the WM's here in Portland SUCK for exclusives. Unless I am at a Wal-Mart that's 100+ miles from Portland, I NEVER see their exclusives. And because of the price of gas anymore, I can't drive 20 miles across town (one way) to look on a regular basis.

Long story short, I won't be getting Jabba but I won't be losing sleep over it, either.

Darth Metalmute
05-10-2010, 03:14 PM
How does it look small? Look how tiny Oola looks in the window there. The box is well over 12" tall . . . I don't know what you expect.

I think it would help if I saw the thickness. but as it looks, it seems kinda small to house a better dias that the kenner one, Jabba, and Oola.

bigbarada
05-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Awesome! :thumbsup: Although, that's got to be the most risque piece of box art that they've ever produced for the Star Wars line. I love it! :love:

As for the size, it looks about right if you check out how deep the Star Wars logo goes back on the bottom of the box. Besides, Jabba is not really that big in the film. Going by the promotional photos, Ephant Mon is actually larger than Jabba if you don't take the tail into account. So the vintage figure is actually about the correct size. Or at the very least, close enough that I have absolutely nothing to complain about if it's the same size.

bigbarada
05-10-2010, 04:37 PM
You are ****ing kidding me. Hasbro, you're squandering the goodwill you bought with Teek.

It's not that I'm not more excited about this than almost any Star Wars--or other--toy in ages, but a WM exclusive? Hopefully they'll show up here. I still haven't seen the new comic packs (probably because we're still swimming in the last wave of WM exclusive comic packs that some people never saw).

My Walmart is always overloaded with the exclusives every year. So I can help out whoever needs help finding one as well.

Bosskman
05-10-2010, 05:14 PM
This is awesome. My Walmart got the AT-ST but not the dewback. I don't care-I'll get it somehow.

JediTricks
05-10-2010, 06:35 PM
WM is generally a disaster for exclusives here too, but at least the last ones - AT-ST and Dewback - weren't too hard to find thanks to their higher price tags. This box looks pretty big, I suspect it'll be $40 or more, so hopefully that will mean it gets findable. But my first instinct is this will be another disaster.

Am I the only one bothered by the massively tall dais pictured on the front? It's like twice as tall as the dais should be.

Slicker
05-10-2010, 08:25 PM
It's about time! The Jabba was one of the only remaining figures from the original line that hadn't been redone properly (aside from maybe an ewok or two). This is one of those figures that needs a window box though!

Darth Jax
05-10-2010, 08:30 PM

Chux, they announced it was going to be an exclusive a long time ago, but they didn't specify which store. The Walmarts in my area do a great job of putting out their exclusives, so if you can't find one, then I'll help you out.

the wal-marts just a few miles south of you are horrible with exclusives. the last WM exclusive i saw locally was at the big ROTS release event.

Droid
05-10-2010, 09:49 PM
WM is generally a disaster for exclusives here too, but at least the last ones - AT-ST and Dewback - weren't too hard to find thanks to their higher price tags. This box looks pretty big, I suspect it'll be $40 or more, so hopefully that will mean it gets findable. But my first instinct is this will be another disaster.

Am I the only one bothered by the massively tall dais pictured on the front? It's like twice as tall as the dais should be.

If the box art is a representation of the product I would be unhappy. Jabba's tail is hanging off of the dais! And it is too tall. And once again, they went overboard with making Jabba almost seem more green than tan.

Neuroleptic
05-10-2010, 09:50 PM
My heart just sank about ten feet for two reasons.

1. Walmart Exclusive, like many others are saying, means I'll probably never even SEE it, as we don't get anything at the local walmart (Which for me is 45 miles away so even a routine trip to it is a ways out of my way, so I won't be able to check often).

2. With a box as big as that one looks, I'm not sure I'll be able to afford it. I don't see how the box looks small when you compair it to the size of Oola.

DarkArtist
05-11-2010, 02:19 PM
looks like it's going to be an awesome set....can't wait to get one. Walmart is rather horrible for it's exclusives though. prime example they just unloaded another dozen or so of the AT-ST and it's still full price. was hoping that it was massively clearenced but no luck.

hopefully I'll be able to get on of the Jabba set's though....just hope that Oola is Super Articulated.

Jabbapalacespy
05-11-2010, 07:29 PM
I'm glad it's going to be a Walmart exclusive. The closest TRU and Target are 80 miles away from me. I'm really more interested in the new Oola than I am Jabba and the dias.

Maerj2000
05-11-2010, 07:50 PM
I may have to buy this before it goes on clearance, I need it!

After seeing the pics, I decided to look up Jabba's Palace in the SW Trilogy location cross section book. I never realized that it was supposed to be underground like that. In the movie it looks like they just walk down the hall into the throne room. Hmmm.

JetsAndHeels
05-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Wow, that looks really good!! Bought on sight.

JediTricks
05-11-2010, 09:41 PM
If the box art is a representation of the product I would be unhappy. Jabba's tail is hanging off of the dais! And it is too tall. And once again, they went overboard with making Jabba almost seem more green than tan.Yes, I must agree with you, the color here is the same problem again and again lately, and I fear we'll get another bright green and orange Jabba.

After seeing the pics, I decided to look up Jabba's Palace in the SW Trilogy location cross section book. I never realized that it was supposed to be underground like that. In the movie it looks like they just walk down the hall into the throne room. Hmmm.The main hall leads to stairs that head down, you can see them as Chewie knocks Bane Malar/Sgt Doallyn. But the idea that it's way underground, that'd be kinda out there, especially with those stairs bathed in natural light.

LTBasker
05-12-2010, 12:30 AM
I think Jabba just lives in his Mother's basement. That would explain that, AND why the sail barge was so large: it was the family van.

Anyway, I doubt they'd screw up THAT badly, so hopefully the artist just made the stones so large to get the really intimidating perspective of the power that Jabba has over his dancing girl, so she seems tiny and insignificant in comparison.

clone157
05-16-2010, 09:13 PM
I, too, have mixed feelings on this one. I worry about the price point. The last few WM exclusives have been very over priced, but I have been lucky enough to find them on clearance with the exception of the Dark Trooper 2-pks. Heck, my closest one still has a couple of Dewbacks at full price on the shelf. I definitely want to add it to my diorama, though. The cardboard one that came with the scene doesn't hold up well with the railing and Jabba from the last offering during the Saga Collection. But this will be my third Jabba in my collection. If this is coming out around Christmas Time, I think we will be having another massive exclusive hunt that I can't afford, like last year.

Brian_Fortuna
05-18-2010, 04:04 AM
Looks amazing! I'll be looking out for this set, for sure!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-14-2010, 10:14 PM
Sandtroopers (http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=11691.msg259777#msg259777) has pictures of the back of the box, giving a view of the actual product. Holy Lord, this thing is absolutely beautiful. The railing and bowl are repacked from the 2004 Ultra set and Salacious Crumb looks like the 2007 version that came with C-3PO, but everything else is new.

The Oola figure is gorgeous - it actually looks like her, and much of her clothing is fabric, but it looks really well done (and it means you can re-enact the infamous, er, pop-out scene :p ). She's super articulated and it almost even looks like she has the ball-joint hips, but even if not, she's amazing.

The dais looks to have a ton of detail, and several pillows. There are even wheels on the bottom, as when he gets carted forward to watch the Rancor attack Luke.

As for Jabba himself - I don't want to speak too soon, but he looks perfect. I almost had a heart attack when I saw that they finally included his tattoo - and it's sculpted, no less. His arms are articulated, like the awesome Clone Wars version. His tail is posable, yet there are no ugly seams like on the 1997 one, and it looks to be the right shape, with the tapering off and everything. He has the proper rolls between his "head" and lower body, which all previous modern versions have forgotten. He has the big ol' bump that they always forget to do. And I didn't even know until now that he had a scar on his tail, but so does this version.

My God, I am absolutely in love with this thing. :love:

El Chuxter
06-15-2010, 01:21 AM
I really hope this winds up on clearance....

No, really. I'm going to be one of the first to get one at full price, but I'd love a second one. Now that I have Teek, I need a Zorba figure. Unlike Teek, Zorba wouldn't require much work.

AmanaMatt
06-15-2010, 01:23 AM
Though this topic turned into the 'holy crap, i hate walmart' kinda vibe, the actual product (from the back of the box) looks fantastic for a kid toy. I shall buy it day one

bigbarada
06-15-2010, 07:40 AM
Looks really great. Finally a modern Jabba the Hutt figure that isn't a total piece of garbage.

Dathomir
06-15-2010, 08:06 AM
I really hate living in a country that doesn't have a WalMart...

No chance of seeing it here in Ireland

Droid
06-15-2010, 10:29 AM
I'm really pleased with this set.

JEDIpartner
06-15-2010, 10:36 AM
I am too. I currently have my vintage Jabba and dais in my ROTJ scene. That was the best Jabba to date. I will probably get this one 'cos it does actually look good. I'm a little concerned with all the "pillows" on the dais, though. Will the one Leia's lower-half is on fit there without it having to be perched on one of the ones included?

I just hope I don't have any trouble finding this!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-15-2010, 01:58 PM
I am too. I currently have my vintage Jabba and dais in my ROTJ scene. That was the best Jabba to date. I will probably get this one 'cos it does actually look good. I'm a little concerned with all the "pillows" on the dais, though. Will the one Leia's lower-half is on fit there without it having to be perched on one of the ones included?

I just hope I don't have any trouble finding this!!
I was wondering about the pillow thing myself. The pillows move from scene to scene, so you'd think they would take that into consideration. If you look at the pictures on the back of the box, they do seem to be in slighty different positions from picture to picture - the smallish, dark, striped one is farther over one of the cracks in one picture than it is in another, and I don't think it's just the camera angles. I'm not sure if it would be easier to sculpt the nine pillows (well, eight pillows and one rug) separately or to include them in the mold of the dais, but given the paint, and the fact that they look a bit raised off the throne, I'm leaning towards them being removable. I won't fret if they're not, but having them be removable would move this closer towards perfect.

JediTricks
06-15-2010, 02:54 PM
Bandwidth exceeded on the pics. :p I saw 'em yesterday though, they have made the dais about twice as tall as it should be, at least. The statue heads are a good indicator compared to this: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:BibFortuna_Jabba_Ep6.jpg

As for the rest, it looks good, but I'm still going to wait to decide until I have it in-hand. I don't think the pillows are removable, and I don't think I care.

Darth Metalmute
06-15-2010, 03:21 PM
Bandwidth exceeded on the pics. :p I saw 'em yesterday though, they have made the dais about twice as tall as it should be, at least. The statue heads are a good indicator compared to this: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:BibFortuna_Jabba_Ep6.jpg

As for the rest, it looks good, but I'm still going to wait to decide until I have it in-hand. I don't think the pillows are removable, and I don't think I care.

I was thinking the length of the dias was too small, but you're right. I think its the height of the dias that makes the length look too small. Other than that, it's pretty good, although I withhold some judgement till I see it loose.

Snowtrooper
06-15-2010, 08:55 PM
The new Jabba & dias looks great. I'll have to think about whether I'll purchase this or not. I have the Saga Ultra version on a vintage dias. Its not perfect, but it looks good enough that I'm not sure if I want to replace it. We'll see when it shows up in stores.

bigbarada
06-16-2010, 10:40 AM
The new Jabba & dias looks great. I'll have to think about whether I'll purchase this or not. I have the Saga Ultra version on a vintage dias. Its not perfect, but it looks good enough that I'm not sure if I want to replace it. We'll see when it shows up in stores.

That Saga Ultra Jabba is total garbage. It wasn't even impressive in 2003. Trash it and buy this new one. :)

Snowtrooper
06-16-2010, 11:57 AM
That Saga Ultra Jabba is total garbage. It wasn't even impressive in 2003. Trash it and buy this new one. :)

OK. You talked me into it. :yes:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Sandtroopers (http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/2010_vintage/jabbas_throne/) posted some loose photos of this beauty. The pillows and rug are indeed removable, and both Salacious and the railing/bowl look to be painted much more nicely than the previous versions. And Jabba has the ROTJ-accurate three-fingered hand. I can't wait for this!

Darth Metalmute
06-17-2010, 02:06 PM
The three figures (Jabba, Oola, and Crumb) are reasons to get this set alone.
Jabba is better than I could have ever thought they could have done. It is a great looking Crumb. Oola looks amazing, I really don't think we will get this version. I'm guessing we will end up with a more "PG" version.

It doesn't appear that the railing can be attached to the dias to prevent movement. I'm hoping they used magnets, but I doubt it.

Maerj2000
06-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Must... have... Can't wait for clearance this time. Ho ho ho, hahahaha! Bo Shuda!

Slicker
06-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Definitely an amazing set! It's things like this that keep me going. It's just too bad that they seem too far and too between.

DarkArtist
06-18-2010, 02:51 PM
seeing the pictures of this makes my mind up for me.... can't wait to get this. Hasbro really knocked this one out of the ballpark....

we are getting an awesome ROTJ Jabba, a new SA Oola and of course an amazing looking dias....

thank you Hasbro.. can't wait to spend the $$ on this.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-19-2010, 01:29 PM
There's a new video review (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOpgpxqsKko) of this beast from Sandtroopers.com. It's not much new stuff we haven't seen from the pictures, but the last minute or so shows a quick diorama setup of Jabba's palace. This thing looks fantastic with all the figures around! Damn it, just release this already!!! :D

DarthQuack
06-19-2010, 01:56 PM
This looks fantastic....might even be a purchase for me....first in a few years....

DarkJedi5
06-19-2010, 04:55 PM
Though I did notice in the video review that it does not look like Oola has ball jointed hips. I could be wrong, but he didn't mention it and I didn't see a seem for where the articulation would be.

Devo
06-20-2010, 07:29 PM
Definite must have. Would have liked to see ephant mon and hermi odle in that diorama with Jabba but that was a good video. And the guy knew what he was talking about, which is a relief. In so many video reviews, usually of Hot Toys figures or NECA figures really, the guys doing them sound clueless, misnaming things etc

AmanaMatt
07-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Found two of these today at a local walmart in North Texas - $34.97 is a fair price for what you are getting. Picked up the one that had nicer paint apps on Oola

My quickie review:

Salacious crumb has 5 points of articulation: head (loose on mine), shoulders and legs - allows him to pull arms and legs in or out....with his legs out, he looks like hes about to hump someones leg

Pillows are cheap looking, but there are many - almost too many

Oola is pretty much perfect...

Jabba does not have a middle skeleton structure at all - he's a plastic head on a hollow body that has a skeleton structure for the tail only - middle part of body is totally squisy

Throne has rollers that allow it to roll forward and back

If I had ONE complaint and I do: while Jabba is awesome looking, the paint apps for his face and chest are pretty bland looking. Eyes are wrong looking; I love the paint apps on the repainted Saga Jabba - aka Jabba Glob with tongue - but this one has the cut on his tail - tattoo on his arm, so sculpt wise, the new one is hard to beat. I just wish Hasbro didnt blow its whole budget on the sculpt, cause this deserved a way, way better paint job

All in all, I give this set a B+

JediTricks
07-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Good find, glad to hear the price was lower than I expected. Hasbro let me check out hands-on Jabba, the dais, and Oola at Comic-Con, and I was impressed, but I do agree that the rubber is weird, and that the Jabba deco is a little plain - this seems to be Lucasfilm's official take on the way he looks. I think what's going on is Lucasfilm is using source pictures rather than how it looked on-screen with lighting and smoke effects and no flash photography. I do think it looks much better than the Saga Ultra Jabba though.

AmanaMatt
07-30-2010, 04:31 PM
After doing a touch up on the eye area and a minor brown wash, the details really pop out.....I may add a minor orange-ish wash later, but all in all I like the sculpt of this version much more than the Saga Jabba -

mtriv73
07-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Just bought one @ a wm in Maryland.

AmanaMatt
07-30-2010, 05:13 PM
the throne alone makes the set for me. Hard to believe that the modern SW line began in 1995 and it took until 2010 to get a decent Jabba w/ Throne set....but as with all things: better late than never

bkusna
07-30-2010, 05:37 PM
How much is jabba going for at WM?

AmanaMatt
07-30-2010, 05:49 PM
How much is jabba going for at WM?

Basically $35 plus tax

DarkJedi5
07-31-2010, 11:56 PM
Anyone have a UPC number for this bad boy?

AmanaMatt
08-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Anyone have a UPC number for this bad boy?

Is it the long number on the receipt? If so, its: 065356950285

DarkJedi5
08-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Is it the long number on the receipt? If so, its: 065356950285

UPC is the number below the barcode on the box and is 12 digits so the number you gave might be it (though, I don't think they usually start with a zero).

AmanaMatt
08-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Ok, off the box:

Looks like the receipt was a partial with placeholders front end and back. weird

JEDIpartner
08-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Is that the same number one would use to search for it in their inventory computer?

AmanaMatt
08-04-2010, 11:44 PM
Is that the same number one would use to search for it in their inventory computer?

Not sure........man, dont miss the days of hunting for walmart exclusives. When I lived in los angeles, it was brutal. In texas, there is a walmart every six miles....you cant avoid em......only time I enjoy this many stores: exclusives

JEDIpartner
08-05-2010, 07:48 AM
I generally get no joy when it comes to finding ANYTHING in the wild exclusive or standard. I'm hoping this one won't be too hard to get.

DarkJedi5
08-05-2010, 12:10 PM

Yeah, that's why I asked for it. If you call ahead or go into the store you can use that number to have them check inventory.

tagmac
08-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Found this today here in Jersey. They only had one left. The interesting thing was, it wasn't in the normal place with the SW figs. Something told me to look elsewhere, in case there was an endcap, and I found it just sitting there amongst the Lego's - and it was perfectly positioned, as if it was meant to be placed there. I was at a different WM this morning, and I'm wondering if they'd had it there, but I missed it because I didn't look in the other aisle.

Anyone else find these in the Lego aisle instead of the SW section?

bigbarada
08-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Found this today here in Jersey. They only had one left. The interesting thing was, it wasn't in the normal place wit hthe SW figs. Something told me to look elsewhere, in case there was an endcap, and I found it just sitting there amongst the Lego's - and it was perfectly positioned, as if it was meant to be placed there. I was at a different WM this morning, and I'm wondering if they'd had it there, but I missed it because I didn't look in the other aisle.

Anyone else find these in the Lego aisle instead of the SW section?

It was probably zoned by an employee who doesn't even work in the toy aisle. For those who don't know, "zoning" is when employees go through all of the shelves and make sure that the merchandise is pulled forward and straightened out to make the shelves look as full and organized as possible. Ideally, items should be placed in their proper homes and have all labels facing forward as well. However, the reality of it is, many Walmarts tend to be understaffed and work on very strict timelines. So, sometimes if an area needs zoned and it's getting close to the end of everyone's shift, the managers will just send whoever is available to that aisle to zone it. In those cases, the employees just pull everything forward and straighten items out where they sit, without any effort whatsoever to place those items in their proper homes.

I know that's what I did Thursday morning when they stuck me zoning the canned meat aisle, 15 minutes before my shift was over. :yes:

DarkJedi5
08-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Struck out on this set today. Was told it should be showing up in the next few weeks but the stores I talked to said they're only getting 2 of these. For the people who have seen these, did the stores have more than 2 or is that really all they're getting at a time?

JEDIpartner
08-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Ugh... that is SO not good news.

tagmac
08-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Struck out on this set today. Was told it should be showing up in the next few weeks but the stores I talked to said they're only getting 2 of these. For the people who have seen these, did the stores have more than 2 or is that really all they're getting at a time?

I only saw the one I bought. Is it possible, though, that they meant two cases, as opposed to just two Jabbas? The box is not very big, and relatively flat. I would bet anywhere from 4 - 6 come in a case.

Is it also possible that the people you talked to were also secretly employees who put this stuff up on ebay, so they were just jiving you to make you look online? The flea market guy I used to get my figures from in the 90's (when the EU and other waves were nearly impossible to find at retail, and HTS didn't exist) used to tell me all the time when he would get stuff in that "this is all they're making" and "after I sell this, that's it, they 'no make no more.'" Naturally, that was BS, so be wary of what you were told.

A.J.
08-06-2010, 07:01 PM
The case is 2 pieces. There was only one set on the shelf when I found mine. So one case per store on this initial shipment may not be far from the truth in some cases... no pun intended.

El Chuxter
08-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Found two at the Moreno Valley Wal-Mart (which is technically in Riverside). I got the one with the better-looking Oola. It was $38.88. Given how hit-and-miss exclusives are around here, and how great I assume his appeal will be (especially at only two per case), I figured safer to get him now, and return him if I find a cheaper one later.

El Chuxter
08-07-2010, 11:45 PM
And... Oola's leg is broken. They used some soft plastic, so be careful when posing her. It's not entirely off, so, if I can't replace it, I can glue it into place. On the one hand, it's just Oola, so no big loss if I have to sacrifice mobility in one leg. On the other, dammit, I paid $40 for this!

Aside from the problem with Oola, this set is stupendous. Jabba may be a tad on the puny side, but not dramatically, and it's just a sweet set all around.

bkusna
08-07-2010, 11:51 PM
And... Oola's leg is broken. They used some soft plastic, so be careful when posing her. It's not entirely off, so, if I can't replace it, I can glue it into place. On the one hand, it's just Oola, so no big loss if I have to sacrifice mobility in one leg. On the other, dammit, I paid $40 for this!

Aside from the problem with Oola, this set is stupendous. Jabba may be a tad on the puny side, but not dramatically, and it's just a sweet set all around.

Bummer, dude.....still can't find this sweet set :(:(:(:(

jonthejedi
08-08-2010, 05:17 AM
I saw these once earlier this week when I bought 1, left 1....have not seen restocking since.

bigbarada
08-08-2010, 06:48 PM

You should be able to return the set to Walmart and exchange it for the other one or just get your money back and hope that more show up later.

I would say to call Hasbro customer service, but there is no way to guarantee that they would send you another Oola in return.

El Chuxter
08-08-2010, 07:00 PM
If the local WM gets them, or I see a bunch at one of the further (but not too far) stores, I'm definitely going to exchange it. I'm just not sure how many I'll see, especially here. They got a decent amount of the exclusives that haven't sold especially well, but none of the others at all.

I'm really not joking when I say that I've seen employee scalpers in action here, and at least one was a manager of some level. :(

JEDIpartner
08-10-2010, 07:36 AM
The shelf tags read "Jabba's Thrown"!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

JEDIpartner
08-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Oh... and I did manage to find it yesterday. Despite all the good that is this set, I still prefer the vintage Jabba more. The new one seems to be a bit squat and not as imposing for some reason.

:dis:

mtriv73
08-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Oh... and I did manage to find it yesterday. Despite all the good that is this set, I still prefer the vintage Jabba more. The new one seems to be a bit squat and not as imposing for some reason.

:dis:

Maybe it's because you're (presumably) bigger now than you were when you got your vintage one all those years ago. I thought my original at-at and falcon were huge. Of course that was about 3 feet ago. Now they don't seem so big anymore. (Or maybe it really is smaller, I haven't seen the 2 side by side.)

JEDIpartner
08-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Well, no... actually, I just took the vintage one down from the display and replaced it with the new one. I actually compared them and still like the vintage one better. If you look at the pictures of Jabba from the film that are on the box, his body is a bit taller than was sculpted for the toy.

Ah, wait... I detected your "hidden" message just now. I'll snap a picture when I get home. Also, I liked that the vintage dais opened up. It was a good place to put stuff like the alternate legs for the new Slave Leia figure.

JediTricks
08-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Jabba is only 1.75m tall, that's shorter than Han Solo by half a meter. The Jabba puppet had guys sitting inside the head, not standing. So Jabba figures of the past have all been a little too tall, I think, maybe half a human head too tall. Look at this famous shot, Jabba isn't as tall as 3PO and Bib Fortuna is bending down to speak with him: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Luke_the_hutt.JPG

JEDIpartner
08-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Yeah... but proportionately, he's still wrong now.

bkusna
08-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Yeah... but proportionately, he's still wrong now.

How about the saga deluxe version?

JediTricks
08-11-2010, 05:54 PM
I am not seeing what you mean in that example.

JEDIpartner
08-11-2010, 07:56 PM
His belly area is taller on the actual puppet and the space between his belly and his chin is greater as well. His head is kinda squashy on the new toy versus the puppet.

JEDIpartner
08-12-2010, 12:28 PM
You see what I'm-a sayin'?

Darth Metalmute
08-12-2010, 01:25 PM
In other words, it looks like someone hit it with a "wack a mole" mallet.

JEDIpartner
08-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Yeah... pretty much. It's just SO close to what it SHOULD be.

morpheus282
08-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Got mine tonight. There were two on the shelf when I got there, one when I left, so the case pack and shipping estimates look to be dead on.

I won't have time to open it until this weekend, so I'll find out how much I like or hate it then.

bkusna
08-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Got mine tonight. There were two on the shelf when I got there, one when I left, so the case pack and shipping estimates look to be dead on.

I won't have time to open it until this weekend, so I'll find out how much I like or hate it then.

I saw 2 at all 4 walmarts today....they should be everywhere now

AmanaMatt
08-13-2010, 09:24 AM
I've hit a couple walmarts just looking for vintage, and have yet to see anymore Jabbas - aside from the one time I scored the set. These seem popular. Personally, I feel the price is very fair for what you are getting.

El Chuxter
08-13-2010, 10:29 AM
I keep seeing just shelf tags.

At this rate, I won't be able to exchange the busted one and will just have to glue Oola's leg. :(

bkusna
08-13-2010, 10:34 AM

At this rate, I won't be able to exchange the busted one and will just have to glue Oola's leg. :(

I know my 4 walmarts each got a case of 2 earlier this week and nothing more since then....it might be one case per store initially....

Mad Slanted Powers
08-15-2010, 12:20 AM
I didn't see any sign of them today, nor a place where they would be put. The slide on the CV Hasbro panel says this Jabba is available October, so did some Wal-Marts jump the gun?

DarkJedi5
08-15-2010, 12:36 AM
I didn't see any sign of them today, nor a place where they would be put. The slide on the CV Hasbro panel says this Jabba is available October, so did some Wal-Marts jump the gun?

There's a discrepancy. The slide (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/panel/p36590-star-wars.html) says October, true enough, but the card (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/exclusives/p35507-star-wars.html) in the booth says 8/1/2010. I've found that the slides are usually a little more accurate that the slides (at Comic Con (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/panel/p35051-star-wars.html) they had switched the waves around but they still listed the ROTJ wave as wave 5). Though, the fact that they fixed the wave number on that slide but didn't correct any other mistakes (such as an October release for Jabba if they really were gunning for 8/1) would be surprising but could be a reasonable oversight. Either way, with so many Jabbas being found around the country, I'm calling all the Walmarts around every couple days because with these being packed seemingly two to a case, I don't want to miss out.

didgeboy
08-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Just picked mine up at my local WM yesterday, 38.99$ plus the gov'ts share. Not sure if its worth it yet, but hopefully it'll go on sale and I'll get another one. Good luck.

morpheus282
08-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Went back to Walmart for baby supplies yesterday, no sign of any Jabbas. Plenty of Halifire droids though. Finally got mine opened, it's really spiffy but I can't help but feel that for $40 there's something missing. I can't quite put my finger on it though. It's kind of like the AT-ST last year, $45 for the Walmart exclusive and now it's coming out with two extra figures and a laser cannon for $40. I can't help but feel that this will be re-released next year with a fan waving Jawa and a repack of the eye popping C-3P0 for the same price.

Anyway, it's a nice toy and I'm glad I found mine before the first shippment sold out.

sith_killer_99
08-15-2010, 12:17 PM
I went to Wal-Mart last night to pick up diapers for the little one and saw all the new stuff.

AT-AT - $100
Jabba's Throne - $40
Cloud Car - $24
Figures $8 each

Plus a bunch of other stuff. I could have easily spent $300 last night, but didn't get anything, too short on cash and just not into it like I used to be.

I think collecting stuff I didn't really like or want over an extended period of time really killed it for me.:( Truth be told I haven't really been into the hobby since the OTC carded stuff.

I really like the new vintage style stuff, and will probably get it all, once I have more cash. I will probably end up selling off the stuff I just don't want, like the ROTS line and 02-04 "Saga" line.:yes:

Jabbapalacespy
08-18-2010, 12:06 AM
Got Jabba today. I'm mostly pleased with it. Oola is awesome! :thumbsup: I've been waiting for a SA scult of her for years. Jabba looks good in my opinion, although his tail doesn't bend all the way into a neat curve and has an awkward bend in it. Salacious Crumb is the same figure packaged in with C-3PO a few years ago so nothing new there. The throne is okay, but I'll stick with the one I made for my diorama since this new one doesn't fit right. Seems to me the gargoyle heads on the throne are a bit puny too. Overall though it was a worthwhile purchase. :yes:

JediTricks
08-18-2010, 10:04 PM
JP, I am not seeing what you are describing in that pic still.

At this rate, I won't be able to exchange the busted one and will just have to glue Oola's leg. :(I asked your question about that in the CV Q&A, Derryl says they'll work super hard to get you a replacement if you contact Hasbro Customer Service.

Got Jabba today. I'm mostly pleased with it. Oola is awesome! :thumbsup: I've been waiting for a SA scult of her for years. Jabba looks good in my opinion, although his tail doesn't bend all the way into a neat curve and has an awkward bend in it. Salacious Crumb is the same figure packaged in with C-3PO a few years ago so nothing new there. The throne is okay, but I'll stick with the one I made for my diorama since this new one doesn't fit right. Seems to me the gargoyle heads on the throne are a bit puny too. Overall though it was a worthwhile purchase. :yes:I felt the same way about the tail bending not curved enough.

I talked with the designer on this one about the gargoyle heads, the problem isn't the heads, they are in scale to Jabba and Salacious and stuff, it's that the rest of the dais is too tall. He said he had source material from LFL showing it thick like that, and others showing it thinner like I was saying. I think he went with the thicker one because in the movie it's shot low and looks tall.

El Chuxter
08-18-2010, 10:11 PM
I asked your question about that in the CV Q&A, Derryl says they'll work super hard to get you a replacement if you contact Hasbro Customer Service.

I appreciate you asking that, but I'm so scared of not having a Jabba at all after some of the horror stories I've heard about folks who sent in damaged items for replacement, I'd rather wait to find another at Wal-Mart.

It'll sacrifice her mobility, but I'd glue her leg in place before I'd do anything that might risk my having one of the few Star Wars toys that made me jump up and down and cheer when I first saw the pictures.

JediTricks
08-18-2010, 10:23 PM
I appreciate you asking that, but I'm so scared of not having a Jabba at all after some of the horror stories I've heard about folks who sent in damaged items for replacement, I'd rather wait to find another at Wal-Mart.

It'll sacrifice her mobility, but I'd glue her leg in place before I'd do anything that might risk my having one of the few Star Wars toys that made me jump up and down and cheer when I first saw the pictures.
I totally understand not wanting to send in your Jabba, I got burned 1 time out of about a dozen doing that - they sent some Transformers figure that was just all wrong. But you should contact them anyway, see if they'll just take back Oola, Derryl's answer said the replacement is from their own stuff and I got the impression that meant sometimes piecemeal. If you don't like their answer, or you get cold feet, they won't mind if you back out - I had to back out on returning the CW Y-wing to them last year when I heard they couldn't supply me with a box and wouldn't be paying me the sales tax back (they were willing to give a refund though which impressed me), they sent me several return slips and when I explained online why I wasn't using them, they were totally cool with it.

bigbarada
08-19-2010, 08:32 AM

Way back in 1997, when I bought the first POTF2 AT-AT, the Commander figure had some seriously screwed up paint applications on his face. So I called Hasbro customer service and they only had me send back the one figure, not the entire AT-AT. Of course, they sent me back an AT-AT Driver in exchange, but at least the figure was still related to the AT-AT.

I'm not sure if their policies have changed, but it can never hurt to call them and ask.

Snowtrooper
09-03-2010, 12:10 AM
Wal-Mart.com has the new Jabba for sale on its website. If you concerned about this exclusive not showing up in your neck of the woods, this would be a good opportunity to get one. Standard shipping was only $1.97, so thats cheaper than I could drive to the local WM and find one.

TheDarthVader
09-03-2010, 02:26 AM
Can not find this on their site anymore.

bkusna
09-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Can not find this on their site anymore.

SOLD OUT!!!!...faster than Lady GAGA tickets at a **** festival

Snowtrooper
09-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Just type in "jabbas throne" at the search prompt and the listing still comes up, but yeah, its sold out for now. Its a hotter item than I expected. I discovered it at about 12am and I guess by around 1am it was already sold out.

DarkJedi5
09-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Soooooo frustrated! My local WalMart that said they had 100 on order took the tags off the shelf and NONE of the other WalMarts in my area got more than 2 from what I can tell and they are all sold out. Worst off, no one seems to have any idea if they'll be getting any more but since the tags are coming off of the shelves it seems unlikely. Either WM's distribution on this is incredibly bad or they didn't order very many from Hasbro (which seems unlikely). If I have to resort to eBay for this piece I'm going to be really unhappy.

El Chuxter
09-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Someone in this equation took a poor, defenseless puppy and totally abused it. (I can't say the actual expression, but I'm sure everyone can figure it out.)

thit heo nuong (http://netcooks.com/recipes/Pork/Thit.Heo.Nuong.-.Vietnamese.Pork.Chops.html)

bkusna
09-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Soooooo frustrated! My local WalMart that said they had 100 on order took the tags off the shelf and NONE of the other WalMarts in my area got more than 2 from what I can tell and they are all sold out. Worst off, no one seems to have any idea if they'll be getting any more but since the tags are coming off of the shelves it seems unlikely. Either WM's distribution on this is incredibly bad or they didn't order very many from Hasbro (which seems unlikely). If I have to resort to eBay for this piece I'm going to be really unhappy.

I can hook you up....let me know...

bigbarada
09-10-2010, 04:17 PM
I have yet to see any of these, but most Walmarts won't start ordering new stuff heavily until the Christmas season starts. So if 2011 comes around and I still haven't seen any of these in stores, then I'll start checking other sources to get ahold of one. Until then, I'm not that worried about it. I've been waiting for a proper update of ROTJ Jabba for 15 years now, so what's a few extra months going to hurt?

JediTricks
09-11-2010, 03:32 PM
There's no "ordering" these, Hasbro has sent out the preordered shipment, they don't do a later order for them. So unless by some miracle WM has warehoused half their order waiting for stores to greenlight them, which seems pretty unlikely, the allotment hitting now is all we'll ever see.

bigbarada
09-11-2010, 06:37 PM
There's no "ordering" these, Hasbro has sent out the preordered shipment, they don't do a later order for them. So unless by some miracle WM has warehoused half their order waiting for stores to greenlight them, which seems pretty unlikely, the allotment hitting now is all we'll ever see.

What was the original release date of last year's AT-ST? Because I don't remember seeing any of those show up in large numbers until just before Christmas. Same with the Dewback and the 2008 A-Wing Fighter.

Heck my Walmart just got a crapload of Clone Wars Y-Wings last week and is clearing them out for $45 each. So I do think that Walmart holds back stock in their warehouses to be distributed at (what they consider to be) strategic times.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-11-2010, 06:45 PM
I never saw much of the Dewback. I think I only ever saw it in a different aisle with a bunch of other stuff. Not sure if that was the clearance aisle, but it wasn't on clearance.

When I went to Mt. Vernon a couple weeks ago, the guy there said they were on order, but didn't know when they would be there, so I figured Bellingham will be about the same. In both places, I didn't even see a place for them on the shelves.

I didn't get a chance to check today. I ran a 15K and was pretty wiped out after that and didn't feel like going anywhere. Since I won't be running tomorrow morning like I do most Sundays, perhaps I will check then.

JediTricks
09-12-2010, 03:53 PM
What was the original release date of last year's AT-ST? Because I don't remember seeing any of those show up in large numbers until just before Christmas. Same with the Dewback and the 2008 A-Wing Fighter.

Heck my Walmart just got a crapload of Clone Wars Y-Wings last week and is clearing them out for $45 each. So I do think that Walmart holds back stock in their warehouses to be distributed at (what they consider to be) strategic times.What you're describing isn't holding back, they redistribute from store to store depending on which store gets more sales, so they'll pull it from shelves in 1 store to put it into another if things are looking like they won't go.

As for the AT-ST, it was released in November of last year.

bkusna
09-13-2010, 07:59 PM
jabba's onlinehttp://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-Jabbas-Throne/14539594

Mad Slanted Powers
09-13-2010, 08:09 PM
jabba's onlinehttp://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-Jabbas-Throne/14539594

Thank you very much, sir. I just ordered it site-to-store. Looks like the closest one available would have been Oak Harbor, so picking it up here will be much better.

bkusna
09-13-2010, 08:12 PM
sure thing, bud!!!! everyone needs to HURRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!http://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-Jabbas-Throne/14539594

JediTricks
09-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, I ordered one. I was on the fence before, but caved since I've had so little luck finding one in stores so far. Now of course it'll be in every friggin' store on clearance, but if I hadn't ordered, that would have never happened. ;)

bkusna
09-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, I ordered one. I was on the fence before, but caved since I've had so little luck finding one in stores so far. Now of course it'll be in every friggin' store on clearance, but if I hadn't ordered, that would have never happened. ;)
NO sweat...:thumbsup:....I just hope everyone who's been waiting can get their order in before it sells out again...

UPDATE*****sold out as of 9:03pm central********

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-15-2010, 03:06 AM
I've missed out on him so far, but I finally lucked out and picked one up tonight. Damn, what a beautiful set. Some of the online photos had terrible lighting, making this look less than stellar. But it's everything I hoped it would be. What an awesome set!

jonthejedi
09-15-2010, 04:02 AM
What's the official deal on this exclusive...are the stores themselves not getting anymore in; is it completely sold thru? What's the official answer?

mtriv73
09-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Unless they cut the units per store to about 10% of what it was for the dewback and at-st, I don't see how they could be sold through yet. I've only seen them twice and that was at 2 different wm's. They're probably in supply chain limbo and will show up eventually.

jonthejedi
09-16-2010, 03:31 AM
I got 1 intially, but was looking for a 2nd to open. No biggie; just curious since online WalMart is sold out, and I haven't seen it at any WalMart locally or near where I'm working.

sebillba
09-16-2010, 05:44 AM
After hearing how rare this set is, I decided to order it online... the cheapest I've been able to find it in Britain is 50!!!!!! I know as soon as I get it, TRU will get it in for half the price, but if I don't get it now, I might never see it again, and I can't risk that!

JEDIpartner
09-16-2010, 08:47 AM
I stopped in at a local Walmart* to get some lifting gloves and cruised through the toy department. There are no tags for the Jabba's "Thrown" set anywhere in the whole department. I checked the endcaps and other aisles and there's NOTHING. I'm glad I got mine last month!!!

JON9000
09-16-2010, 09:43 AM
Patience.

Everyone will have their shot at this item. Trust me. You may even be able to get it in a snazzy vintage-like box eventually. I cannot imagine Hasbro being so dumb as not to re-release this one.

sonofsokol
09-16-2010, 02:32 PM
I stopped by Walmart on my way into work yesterday and lo and behold, they had a Jabba the Hutt. I was elated until I got to the register, reached for my wallet and it was not in my pocket. I quickly called my wife who verified that my wallet was sitting on my dresser. I took Jabba back and placed him on the shelf. In retrospect, I should have hidden him in a different department or something, but I was so bummed that the thought didn't cross my mind until I had already arrived at work. And of course, he was gone this morning.

Darth Awgmon
09-16-2010, 03:21 PM
The Jabba set is everywhere around here. I have been to 4 Walmarts in the last couple of days, and everyone of them had at least one. I think that some of these stores are just waiting until they do their "holiday" reset sometime in October to put everything out.

DarkJedi5
09-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Mine arrived today from WM.com. Haven't opened it up yet but I'm super excited, we'll see if these ever turn up in my area but since the tags are gone I don't think it's likely.

jonthejedi
09-17-2010, 03:35 AM
Something else I noticed was the zone pricing on these things. I got my original for 34.97....20 miles away, that Wally was charging 4.00 more???

DarkArtist
09-17-2010, 11:26 AM
kicking myself...spotted 2 of these at the Walmart in Old Bridge but didn't have the funds to purchase one so i left them there and now they are gone and the price tags have been removed from the shelf...:cry:

mtriv73
09-17-2010, 02:26 PM
Something else I noticed was the zone pricing on these things. I got my original for 34.97....20 miles away, that Wally was charging 4.00 more???

Spotted 1 today at the wm I got mine at for 34. Just for s.a.g's I scanned the price and it came up 38. I guess we were buying them too fast at the original price.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-22-2010, 12:53 AM
Got the e-mail last night saying it had arrived at Wal-Mart, so I went and got it from the Site-to-Store counter. I guess I wasn't paying attention to any talk of him being kind of squishy. At first I thought that it seemed kind of cheap. The only other Jabba I have open is the POTF2 version. Then I realized that the softer feel works better than the rigidness of that old version.

That dais is indeed huge compared to that cardboard one. Oola is pretty well done. I think I'd almost like to see slave Leia done like this instead of the one we got.

Overall, a pretty nice set.

JediTricks
09-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Hasbro rarely re-releases exclusives straight-up or even goes for a second run, as retailers rarely order a second run. Also, Hasbro has been scaling back on stuff like this, so the edition size likely won't be in the realm of the AT-ST.

Anyway, I got mine from WM.com last weekend, and it's really nice in person. It's hard to quantify it as a $35 set because there's so many little things rather than a really big thing, but it's a very cool set no matter that. The pillows are well done, some better than others, now I need to figure a quality layout for them - one has to go under Jabba's tail as when it's bent it wants to rise a little (when it's bent all the way around like in the movie, it curls way up in the air, so that's dead). Salacious is ok, mine is crosseyed tho' even for a puppet. Oola is very good, unlike the one Hasbro let me see at Comic-Con, this one isn't having trouble keeping the outfit in order, and I've gotten a few decent dancing and lounging poses out of it so far. The throne is nice, at home the extra 25% height doesn't stand out as badly as it did in San Diego.

The hookah has been simplified for some reason, removing the possibility of filling it with frogs by making the bowl and hookah 1 piece. That's an odd change, it seems like one made of necessity. In any case, I'll probably swap out the whole railing for the Saga version, it had a nicer color and the frog bowl.

Jabba himself is very good. The gap at the midsection is a little more noticeable than I'd like, but it's not too bad, especially with the right pose. I like the lower body being rubbery, it somehow feels more authentic, but the bendy armature inside isn't quite as mobile as I'd like. The upper body being hard plastic and having a non-movable mouth is a bit restrictive though, Jabba's additional articulation can't really do that much more than he could before, so it's up to the paint and sculpt to carry his personality through. They do at that too, I never noticed how inaccurate the last Jabba was until I got this one.

Now to set it up over the Rancor box the way it was originally intended. :D

jonthejedi
09-23-2010, 04:10 AM
What's Hasbro's official word on Jabba...have they sold thru? Have some locations not gotten him at all?

Devo
09-23-2010, 12:23 PM
Luckily staractionfigures have resumed shipping outside the UK because that site is the only place I've seen Jabba. Ordered one today. Looking forward to that excellent ROTJ wave to go with him.

sebillba
09-23-2010, 02:06 PM
Luckily staractionfigures have resumed shipping outside the UK because that site is the only place I've seen Jabba. Ordered one today. Looking forward to that excellent ROTJ wave to go with him.

That's where mine came from - received it yesterday, along with the new Anakin, Grievous, Magnaguard and Palps, so I'm all caught up again.:thumbsup: Really pleased with the Jabba set - there's no way it should be a 50 set though, but that's the cheapest so far over here, and SAF have already sold out of it once at this price, so I had to grab one while I could.

A word of warning when opening it up - a lot of the pieces are tied in with string... I came very close to cutting the string taped to the back of Oola's little box, thinking it was holding her in place, but very glad I didn't when I realised this string is actually her chain.

JediTricks
09-23-2010, 03:06 PM
What's Hasbro's official word on Jabba...have they sold thru? Have some locations not gotten him at all?
No official comment at this point.

Blue2th
09-23-2010, 07:07 PM
I've seen this quite a few times already. I've been hesitant to get it, but how else am I going to get that throne?

Like JT mentioned, I'll probably be mixing the parts from the old Saga Jabba set like the hookah or what ever else he's missing that might be better.

I still have an unopened Saga Jabba's Denizens set too as well as a newer Rancor (the dark one)

So this Oola is a different than the POTF2 Oola?

bigbarada
09-23-2010, 07:19 PM
So this Oola is a different than the POTF2 Oola?

Yep, she's a 100% new, super-articulated sculpt.

Still no signs of this thing around my area. I might run over to Springfield tonight and see if they got one at the Super Walmart over there.

Bosskman
09-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Got Jabba off eBay. Couldn't wait for our walmarts to get him(it probably won't happen). He's awesome. Saga Jabba is garbage next to him. Seriously, he may have passed for Jabba before but he's horrible now. I used the Saga Hookah though cause of the frog bowl.

jonthejedi
09-25-2010, 04:36 AM
Anybody try the site-to-site service using Jabba UPC?

JediTricks
09-25-2010, 03:53 PM
With shipping being $2 and gas being $3 a gallon, I decided to let them send it to me. The option was available on the site when it was in stock though.

Jayspawn
09-28-2010, 09:06 AM
I really dig this set. It's a good bang for your buck and I like the plethora of accessories. The new Oola is awesome to boot.

Darkross
09-28-2010, 10:49 AM
I love the new Jabba set too. I passed on many a Jabba over the years, then watching the video review on thesandtrooper.com helped me decide. Got mine in Bangor, ME a few weeks ago. Been a little disappointed with the SW selection in the USA...lately Canada has been better IMHO. Over the summer I picked up the only Snowspeeder that I've seen in the wild while in Moncton, NB...and so far all I have seen in the US are prequel vehicles and 1 cloud car...and of course the BMF AT-AT. Waiting for the Target Exclusives of the Attack on Hoth and Defense of Hoth...they look awesome!

OC47150
09-28-2010, 03:22 PM
I saw it loose over the weekend. It wasn't bad looking, but I don't know if it's worth the price.

JediTricks
09-28-2010, 03:36 PM
I love the new Jabba set too. I passed on many a Jabba over the years, then watching the video review on thesandtrooper.com helped me decide. Got mine in Bangor, ME a few weeks ago. Been a little disappointed with the SW selection in the USA...lately Canada has been better IMHO. Over the summer I picked up the only Snowspeeder that I've seen in the wild while in Moncton, NB...and so far all I have seen in the US are prequel vehicles and 1 cloud car...and of course the BMF AT-AT. Waiting for the Target Exclusives of the Attack on Hoth and Defense of Hoth...they look awesome!
The snowspeeder is shortpacked, held back partly because they are running it in 1980 packaging for Target coming really soon.

Sean the Hutt
10-09-2010, 03:42 AM
just got back from Canada to find the 2 I ordered online, i must have been the last person that night to get an order in. Checking this site,and wal mart persistently allowed me to get this set...Thanks for the info. Hope every one who wants one gets one. i was thinking. it could be re-released with the muti pose slave Leia. the one with the switch out lounging legs? what do you think?

bigbarada
10-09-2010, 08:41 AM
Well, I got the UPC off of Walmart.com and had a friend of mine from work show me how to use the item locator on the store computer. The computer didn't even register the UPC which meant that it had never been entered in, because our store had never actually received a shipment. My friend, who's been working there for over 10 years, said that it was unlikely that we would ever get one in our store if the computer didn't recognize the UPC. So that kind of took the wind out of my sails.

So, I did a search on the store website and found out that one of the Walmarts in Springfield supposedly had these sets in stock, so I took a trip up there on Wednesday. It wasn't the only reason I wanted to drive up there, but I found myself getting more and more excited about the prospect of actually seeing this set as I made the 1-hour drive. I went to the big, new Walmart on I-55 and nothing. Then the other small Walmart next to Target and again, nothing. I was actually surprised by how disappointed I was to not see this set.

I also stopped by Target and TRU and saw no sign of the Hoth UBPs, vintage boxed Snowspeeder, TIE Fighter or AT-AT, and only an empty spot on the shelf where the CW Rise of Boba Fett Slave 1 used to be. However, I can't say that I'm really all that worried about missing out on any of that stuff.

On the way home, I was resigned to getting Jabba off of Ebay and deciding how much above retail I wanted to pay. I think I had decided that I would be willing to pay up to $50 for this, but I figured I could wait until after the new year to start looking.

Well, I had to work last night and, after we got released at 7 AM, I decided to make my regular walk over to the toy aisle to see what was new over there. I was planning on buying some more Sandtroopers to build up my squad of those guys, but quickly lost interest in that. So I walked over to the clearance aisle to see if they had dropped that CW Y-Wing down in price any further (I think it's still sitting there for $45) and lo and behold there is a Jabba's Throne set just sitting on the bottom shelf of the clearance aisle. No shelf label or anything for it, so I snatched it up and took it to the register and it rang up as $38.88 and ended up being $37.53 after taxes and my employee discount.

I'm looking at it now and am just totally amazed at the overall quality of the entire set. Especially the detail work on Jabba. Oola looks pretty good too, but I'm probably going to display it with Leia. Definitely worth the $38 to me.

Now I just need wave 3 and I'm done with Star Wars purchases for the year. :pleased:

JEDIpartner
10-13-2010, 02:47 PM
Well, I had to work last night and, after we got released at 7 AM, I decided to make my regular walk over to the toy aisle to see what was new over there. I was planning on buying some more Sandtroopers to build up my squad of those guys, but quickly lost interest in that. So I walked over to the clearance aisle [snip] and lo and behold there is a Jabba's Throne set just sitting on the bottom shelf of the clearance aisle. No shelf label or anything for it, so I snatched it up and took it to the register and it rang up as $38.88 and ended up being $37.53 after taxes and my employee discount.

I am SO glad that you finally scored one of these. I know how frustrating it can be when you are looking for something and never finding it... especially when you travel those distances carrying that much hope with you.

bigbarada
10-13-2010, 05:31 PM
I am SO glad that you finally scored one of these. I know how frustrating it can be when you are looking for something and never finding it... especially when you travel those distances carrying that much hope with you.

Yeah, I can't remember the last time that I had to put THIS much effort into tracking down a new release. Or the last time I actually wanted something enough to actually put in this much effort. Most of the stuff that's come out within the last few years has either been extremely plentiful or I just don't really care about it.

I'm not complaining, though; I actually prefer collecting to be this way. When you have to actually work to find items and don't just wait around for them to flood your local stores, it really helps to separate the stuff you really want from the stuff you just think you want.

JEDIpartner
10-14-2010, 11:36 AM
When you have to actually work to find items and don't just wait around for them to flood your local stores, it really helps to separate the stuff you really want from the stuff you just think you want.

That really says it all right there!

I generally have a difficult time finding things in the Cleveland area. The biggest reason is that I don't have time or the desire to make toy runs on a daily basis. To me, there's nothing more wasteful (time, gas and wear & tear on the car) than doing that and no toy is worth that. I've started ordering figures on the web as I really haven't the time or patience to run around finding one figure to complete the wave or what I want out of the wave. I frequented one Walmart* for about a week until I found the Jabba and I'm glad I did. I haven't seen it or a placeholder for it at any of the local Walmart*s. So... yeah.

jonthejedi
10-17-2010, 04:18 AM
Jabba's Throne came back in stock at my Severn, Super WalMart...they had at least 6 on the bottom shelf.

mtriv73
10-17-2010, 09:13 AM
Jabba's Throne came back in stock at my Severn, Super WalMart...they had at least 6 on the bottom shelf.

Ditto in Frederick. I'm glad I got it when it was $4 cheaper though.

morpheus282
10-17-2010, 04:50 PM
Back in stock in Knoxville TN.

Darth Metalmute
10-26-2010, 07:41 AM
That really says it all right there!

I generally have a difficult time finding things in the Cleveland area. The biggest reason is that I don't have time or the desire to make toy runs on a daily basis. To me, there's nothing more wasteful (time, gas and wear & tear on the car) than doing that and no toy is worth that. I've started ordering figures on the web as I really haven't the time or patience to run around finding one figure to complete the wave or what I want out of the wave. I frequented one Walmart* for about a week until I found the Jabba and I'm glad I did. I haven't seen it or a placeholder for it at any of the local Walmart*s. So... yeah.

I didn't see it at the steelyard when I was in Cleveland last week. I haven't seen it in Toledo yet, but I haven't visited the Spring Meadows one, which usually is the area store that gets the exclusives.

Qui-Long Gone
10-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Finally found one here in West Texas! This Jabba rules...has anyone other than me stuck the tongue from the old Jabba into the left corner of his mouth? Perfect fit and adds to the awesomeness that is this new figure....

nohagent
10-28-2010, 06:51 PM
there is one on Fremont California, Been sitting there for about a week. Saw it again yesterday when I picked up the Fisto Fighter