PDA

View Full Version : Would You Buy Dud Bolt's Podracer?

Tycho
05-13-2010, 05:39 PM
I am continuing my thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case Dud Bolt's Podracer Vehicle).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy Dud Bolt's Podracer?

This racer is being polled for by request.

This racer is one of the limited number of racers you see and hear mentioned in The Phantom Menace - the Bolt 327. It's not actually involved in a higher level of action at all later, nor is it seen racing.

Dud Bolt qualified, but did not race to win. He was employed by Sebulba to shoot any dangerous competition. A bodyguard or hitman - whatever was needed.

Other than the racer being very cool-looking and having a pilot figure already made, there is little opportunity to have movie action features on the toy. You folks can make your own EU recommendations for what features the racer should have in your discussion below. But I would hesitate to say that electronics would be possible. I don't recall a distinctive sound effect for Dud Bolt's racer, and Hasbro would not put that much work into a vehicle for the $24 starfighter assortment.

In a podracer "battle pack," perhaps packaged with one other racer, this vehicle might also see release.

I'll state early that I would vote for it. The Bolt 327 would make a nice addition to a podracer arena diorama.

You could add firing missiles (really well-hidden) or something else EU to it for the kids, but I don't personally need that for this craft.

TPM is nearly out of vehicles-to-poll options and all the podracers will not be polled for - but there were certain ones that saw a higher level of involvement in the screen shots, and as I said, this podracer poll was requested of me.

So do you want Dud Bolt's Podracer Vehicle made?

What other features would you want on it?

Why would you NOT want it?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

El Chuxter
05-13-2010, 05:50 PM
I'm not a firm "no," but I think I'd want every other Podracer first.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-13-2010, 06:31 PM
Will it be just a cardboard cut-out, as it was in the film? If so, then no. If not, then yes.

JediTricks
05-13-2010, 06:46 PM
No. Looks like a backwards design:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Bolt_pod.jpg
just so they could avoid them all looking identical. And the new front looks like an electric trimmer attachment.

Should I just say now that I want no more pods and then you can count my "no" vote for each subsequent one?

Darth Metalmute
05-13-2010, 07:08 PM
I'm trying to remember which pod racer I was whenever I played Podracer on the N64 and PS2. If I was Dud Bolts, I would buy this. However I think I was Neva Kee, which in that case would be a no for Dud Bolt and an overwhelming yes for Neva Kee.

bigbarada
05-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Yeah, I'd buy it. Dud Bolt was my favorite of the podracer aliens, so I wouldn't have a problem paying $25 for this. But I can say this knowing that Hasbro will never make this toy.

JediTricks
05-13-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm trying to remember which pod racer I was whenever I played Podracer on the N64 and PS2. If I was Dud Bolts, I would buy this. However I think I was Neva Kee, which in that case would be a no for Dud Bolt and an overwhelming yes for Neva Kee.
Neva Kee's is the one that's smaller and physically connected to the engines rather than using the electro tether thingies. In the game, it was a little more agile, I found it one of the more likable, but the game didn't feel right with the cockpit up front and connected to the engines that way.

Darth Awgmon
05-13-2010, 07:38 PM
No.....unless it was on clearance for $7.50 or less.

El Chuxter
05-13-2010, 08:11 PM
No.....unless it was on clearance for $7.50 or less.
Which it would be, if they made it.

Zing!

DarkJedi5
05-13-2010, 08:16 PM
The engines have a cool cow-catcher / electric razor thing going on but I wouldn't buy this.

Darth Jax
05-13-2010, 09:10 PM
No, no pod racing vehicles.

Darth Metalmute
05-13-2010, 09:47 PM
Neva Kee's is the one that's smaller and physically connected to the engines rather than using the electro tether thingies. In the game, it was a little more agile, I found it one of the more likable, but the game didn't feel right with the cockpit up front and connected to the engines that way.

Thats the one. I'd buy that one.

morpheus282
05-13-2010, 10:41 PM
Nope. I wouldn't buy Neva Kee's podracer either. I sold all my podracers years ago and never looked back.

I would buy Neva Kee though. That's one crazy looking critter.

DarkArtist
05-14-2010, 10:43 AM
no go for me. not into the pod racers...

mtriv73
05-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Hasbro missed the boat by not making them all when the movie came out. I don't think they'd sell well now at all ans I certainly have no interest.

The Space Outlaw
05-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Nah, no pod racers. One of the better moments in TPM but not toy-worthy for me.

Neuroleptic
05-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Buy what? Who?

I don't know that I remember this one, honestly. That alone shoots it down, and that's before looking at the fact that I just don't buy pod racers to begin with.

No. Do not want!

Tycho
06-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Dud Bolt's Podracer loses 3-12.

Kind of an instant replay from Boonta's Eve, huh?