PDA

View Full Version : Eternal Padawans

Huckleberry Josh
02-28-2002, 05:52 PM
I really miss being an eternal Padawan back when I was on the old forums. I was just thinking about that the other day. That was cool having my posts never add up and staying at zero. Does anyone else miss being an eternal Padawan.

mabudonicus
02-28-2002, 07:45 PM
I really don't care about the number either, I look at lots of threads and don't add to em if I don't have anything to add. I wasn't here in th Old days, but after I got enough to put up my beeeyoutiful custom avatars (I know, I've only one, but there's more coming, just got to get the flippin file size down), I honestly stopped looking at my counter. I, too, would render mine invisible, or even inactive, if only there were a way... either a rogue/renegade Jedi, or an outworlds trader, or a spice grower... something like that.
Nothing wrong with eternal padawan, I just got a lot of issues with TPM, but if that would stop the insanity............

2-1B
02-28-2002, 09:52 PM
mabudon, your avatar frightens and confuses me :confused: :eek: Whom does it represent? And what might you have in store for us with your future customs?

Dar' Argol
02-28-2002, 10:57 PM
I just wanna stop being a moisture farmer!!!! Who's afraid of a moisture farmer!!! No one ever said, "Look out! Here comes Dar', the moisture farmer!" I want to be what I am. A Jedi Padawan Bounty Hunter!!!!

Sadly I believe my dreams will never come true. :cry:

SithDroid
02-28-2002, 11:17 PM
Caesar, mabudon's avatar is Mr. T. Look closely and you can see the chains around his neck. The picture is a little blury so I can see how you couldn't tell.

Rollo Tomassi
03-01-2002, 08:23 AM
I used to hate being an Eternal Padawan. It rankled me to no end. But the longer I was painted with that brush, the more I grew to accept and even take pride in being one of the illustrious zero post counters.

It was with a heavy heart that I posted my 250th post and took the step from padawan-ness into Jedi Knight Hood.

But no matter where I go, I'll always be an Eternal padawan.:happy:

JEDIpartner
03-01-2002, 09:05 AM
True that! I was always so mad to see everyone else's post counts rise and watch mine stay at "zero". Now, after six months of posting, as I approach yet another rank, I look at those days with fond sentiment.:cry:

Jargo
03-01-2002, 12:26 PM
yes us Eternal padawans had fire in our bellies that allowed us to brave the ravages of the jedi masters and their ilk. When the rankings were added here and we lost our brave brotherhood standing we lost that fire. We must seek out the fire. Send our bravest rebel to bring back the padawan eternal flame......

Did that make any sense to you because to me it just looks like blah blah blah blah..... I'm definately losing my touch. maybe going away wasn't such a good idea. i've lost that vital ingredient to my posts. that special secret ingredient that made them worth reading. See, this is what happens to Eternal padawans they have their special powers sapped by the new systems ranking and the added post counts. I think the only answer is to remove the numbers. numbers are the work of satan. i'm convinced of it. Numbers start wars and cause people tax problems and measure things. Why must everything be quantified? It's out and out oppression that's what it is. How dare you oppress me. I will fight this until the day I evaporate from over ranting!

Who will join me in my quest to reinstate the eternal padawan status? Hmmm? C'mon, there must be somebody willing to join me on my 'damn fool quest....'? so be it post padders - I quest alone. I'm off to seek the post count demon and slay it good and proper like. If you hurry you can still catch up and join me.....

mabudonicus
03-01-2002, 12:41 PM
Your post is the long form of "stop the insanity", I believe, Emperor Jargo. If I can't actually fight the demons with ya, I'll cheer wholeheartedly from the side of the little guy. Good luck, as history has shown that people will defend their "numbers" long after the fight has been lost.
Oh and please, there is one type of "number" that is still good, but it has nothing to do with quantity, and without it some of us would be unhappy. Woooooooo!!!

2-1B
03-01-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by SithDroid
Caesar, mabudon's avatar is Mr. T. Look closely and you can see the chains around his neck. The picture is a little blury so I can see how you couldn't tell.

Sure enough, it's so evident now :rolleyes: I guess I assumed it was a warped pic of some crazy metal musician.

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Did that make any sense to you because to me it just looks like blah blah blah blah..... [/B]

It makes perfect sense :) I used to look around the old forums and decided to join when they put up the new ones. Soon after, someone (derek?) started a thread about how everyone was going "post crazy". I venture that some of your fellow padawans abandoned your fold, seduced by the lure of the post count - taking the quick and easy path, as Vader did.

Jargo
03-01-2002, 03:16 PM
Hmmm, but a lot of the old eternal padawans now have new names. And there are thoe who just don't visit anymore or have taken a seat at the back of the bus and don't talk much no more at alls. maybe we should start a thread asking folk who they used to be. There.s been a lot of new members joining with strange old names and i'm sure there's a few old members among them. just can't tell no more. Has 12inchLando been around at all? I'm sure it was either him or quitelongdong who christened me 'jargo - lord of the insane' :D

Huckleberry Josh
03-01-2002, 03:29 PM
That's a good idea Jargo. I'd like to know what happened to some of the old members.

Starfig873
03-01-2002, 03:30 PM
Heh heh, man. The Eternal Padawans...them were the days eh?

I just liked it cause it made us "special" :) But in a way...were still "special" right? Err, right? :stupid:

Rollo Tomassi
03-01-2002, 04:24 PM
Where's DarthMaulgotmauledE1?

Where's Episode1sucks?

Where's (gaasp:eek: ) SithNinja?

For the record, I used to be Rollo Tomassi in the old forums.;)

Jargo
03-01-2002, 04:28 PM
just for the record I used to be either Jargo or grand Moff Jargo.... :eek: :confused: ;)

Or was I.........?:evil:

Jek Porky 2002
03-01-2002, 05:12 PM
Close your eyes
Give me some time Sir Steve
Can you see my count changing
What a waste of time
Is it still the same
Or am I only dreaming
Is this Jedi
Or an Eternal Padawan

The Bangles
"Eternal Flame 2002 (Jek Porky Remix)"
EMI

Jek Porky 2002
03-01-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Hmmm, but a lot of the old eternal padawans now have new names. Yes, I for example used to be Leek Skywalker, then Jek Porky, then Jek Porky 2001, and then Jek Porky 2002. Next year I'm thinking about something along the lines of... er ... em ... ah .................................................. .................................................. ........................ that's it .......... No it's not .................................................. ................... oh wait ............................ no, false alarm .................................................. .................................................. ......... I've got it ! .................................................. .................................................. ............. as of January 2003 I will be called .................................................. .................................................. .... Jek Porky 2007

No wait!

bigbarada
03-01-2002, 05:24 PM
I used to use the name "bigbarada" in the old forums but I changed it to "Wooooof" when I started posting here.

Oh wait, forget I said anything.:eek:

Wooooof
03-01-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
I used to use the name "bigbarada" in the old forums but I changed it to "Wooooof" when I started posting here.

Oh wait, forget I said anything.:eek:

Ha ha! Very funny! You're giving the whole game away you moron!

bigbarada
03-01-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Wooooof

Ha ha! Very funny! You're giving the whole game away you moron!

Oops, my bad.:stupid:

Jek Porky 2002
03-01-2002, 05:38 PM
What the hell's going on?

Wooooof
03-01-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
What the hell's going on?

Ummmmm, nothing to see here. Just return to your regular posting and pretend this never happened.

bigbarada
03-01-2002, 06:45 PM
Yes, move along, please.

There will be no more split personalities manifesting today.

AYodaNamedBilly
03-01-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Yes, move along, please.

There will be no more split personalities manifesting today.

So what am I, chopped liver?

bigbarada
03-01-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by AYodaNamedBilly

So what am I, chopped liver?

Egads, when will the madness end?!!:eek:

Anyone know the number of a good psychiatrist?:crazed:

Starfig873
03-01-2002, 07:08 PM
:rolleyes:

I thought I was the crazy one about these parts...:sur:

Jek Porky 2002
03-02-2002, 09:58 AM
Oh don't worry. You still are!

Eternal Padawan
03-02-2002, 09:58 AM
Eternal Padawan?

Did somebody say my name?

I used to be big barada in the old forums, too.;)

No really, I used to be JediTricks in the old forums.

And the new Jedi Tricks used to be Sith Ninja.

And SithNinja used to be HanSkywalker...

Sith Worm
03-02-2002, 10:39 AM
In the old forums I was sithworm now I am Sith Worm, just wanted to clear that up...

Grif
03-02-2002, 08:16 PM
I remember a guy from the old forums named Grif. Boy that guy was strange. I wonder what ever happened to him.

Jayspawn
03-03-2002, 12:29 AM
I was a Jedi Council Member in the old Forums. I miss that. Maybe someday I'll be one again.

Jek Porky 2002
03-03-2002, 09:51 AM
Do you also remember when you'd post one reply and it would post it again so there where two.

Jek Porky 2002
03-03-2002, 09:52 AM
Do you also remember when you'd post one reply and it would post it again so there where two.

Rollo Tomassi
03-03-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002

All thanks to Capt. ISE. (Superman theme starts playing)

Jek Porky 2002
03-03-2002, 09:55 AM
That was another old thing, the old ISE jokes, oh happy days!

General Veers
03-03-2002, 09:55 AM
I will always be an eternal padawan because I post slower then a turtle walks.:)

Starfig873
03-03-2002, 11:42 AM
Ah the good old days. Now we have the conflab colors and fonts and such...

Jek Porky 2002
03-03-2002, 11:45 AM
How many times have the forums changed since Jan 2000?

Jek Porky 2002
03-03-2002, 11:48 AM
I've just had a thought, what would happen if I tried to log in to my old Leek Skywalker account, would it still be there or would it be gone?

Starfig873
03-03-2002, 11:52 AM
That is a question for the ages my son. You mind cannot handle the sheer massiveness of the answer...

Jargo
03-03-2002, 12:01 PM
you can't use passwords from the old system here which is why when we all first came to the new system we had to think up new user names and passwords..... using your old password and login details will only get a big error message. however it will get you into the old forums if you tried. I still get a message welcoming Grand Moff jargo when i go prospecting there. But i always used cookies so it remembers me. here tho you can't use leek skywalker. :)

Jek Porky 2002
03-03-2002, 05:33 PM
Ah right.

Slicker
11-29-2006, 11:39 AM
Ahhhh...the old forums. I remember them like it was just yesterday.

Those were some crazy times. You guys remember? Like when our post counts didn't go up any? Man. Those were the dayz!

JimJamBonds
11-29-2006, 12:22 PM
Ahhhh...the old forums. I remember them like it was just yesterday.

Those were some crazy times. You guys remember? Like when our post counts didn't go up any? Man. Those were the dayz!

Which "old forums" are you talking about? 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0?