PDA

View Full Version : My Facebook Page For My Novel Is Up With Live War Pics And Videos

Tycho
05-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Please look up Joshua Adam Weiselberg, The Author (http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=808#!/pages/Joshua-Adam-Weiselberg-The-Author/117114551640217?ref=ts) on Facebook. My friends who "like it" :rolleyes: (Facebook's terminology) will be able to view my pics from the Civil War battle re-enactment I fought in, as well as the vintage days (1800's) naval battles I joined up with the crew on (USS Lynx and USS Lady Washington - used in the movies Pirates of the Caribbean and Star Trek Generations - the Washington will be added shortly).

A new video of the Confederate Cavalry charage will be posted in a new update soon. The video of my participation with the US Federal 6th Infantry assault is up on my site now.

I also have a myspace site at http://www.myspace.com/seeyoulatergator1. The original 505 page novel was called The Library. That work was divided into two by my editor and The Treasure, set in the 1860's will be the tentative title of the first book due to come out this year. The Library will be the sequel, set in 2016.

There are plans for 5 books, including The Girl, The Law, and The School (very tentative title there). The Girl is set in the 90's and this decade. The Law also takes place in 2016, and The School will be a post WWI / Roaring '20's period piece.

Warped
05-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Very cool. But if you wanted to be my friend you could have just asked, you didnt have to go tru all that trouble just to get me on your friends list.

Tycho
05-16-2010, 09:03 AM
With a professional page, you cannot "friend request."

You can recommend your page to your personal friends.

However, I keep my friend list on my personal page very small - deliberately. I use it to keep in touch with friends who I either know personally in "real life," and who I do not have contact with in other forums like SSG.

Tycho
05-31-2010, 05:46 AM
My whole batallion in the 6th Federal has been called up today to honor the troops in a Memorial Day service at Fort Rosecrans National Cemetary in Point Loma, San Diego, overlooking the main harbor.

I'm to report to my captain's house at 7:15 am sharp to get into full dress uniform.

Then we carpool to meet the major. (Uh - no, we're not taking horses - it would take too long and make quite the mess).

We will get to fire our guns within city limits for the salute!

Then we're doing a special ceremony for WWII heroes and the surviving veterans amongst them at Mt. Hope Cemetary. A lot of the troops we lost in the Pacific theater are buried there.

I wish everyone a fine Memorial Day and to take a moment to reflect upon why we celebrate it.

Our country has taken great action and our people have made great sacrafices for the cause of freedom and democracy in its past. I'm proud to be honoring that.

Tycho
07-02-2010, 04:47 AM
I just got wonderful news!

My final edit of my novel is nearly complete and I am getting wonderful reviews by my new editor who said she was very impressed with it and quite certain that it rests in a near-final and finished form, ready to be successfully published!

She is also very excited about my proposed series I'm weaving the title into (as there will be 5 books when I'm done)!

I am so excited I just might re-read my own book for the 500th time (it's actually probably been read by myself even more than that)!

bobafrett
07-02-2010, 06:37 PM
That's a lot of reading! I look forward to seeing it published! I'll stand in the bookstores and recommend it to all who shop there.

Lord Malakite
07-03-2010, 01:37 AM
She is also very excited about my proposed series I'm weaving the title into (as there will be 5 books when I'm done)!
Then after you are done with those you can write an autobiographical story about your kidney ordeal and bobafrett coming to the rescue. Thats the kind of story they'd turn into a Lifetime/Hallmark movie or possibly even a theatrical movie. :thumbsup:

Tycho
07-03-2010, 01:50 AM
I would only co-write that WITH BobaFrett and possibly the other two Star Wars fans who were donor and recipient if they want to be involved.

I've actually looked into it a little and would proceed with blessings from Lucasfilm and a promise to donate the proceedes to the National Kidney Foundation for the purpose of supplying the books to patients, especially young ones, who might be looking for a source of inspiration. I also know two very real celebrities who might have a strong desire to participate, adding their own insight on the kidney disease issue.

We didn't want to discuss a lot of details until things looked better for making this possible.

My other writing work puts demands on me however, and that program - for "The Treasure" which is the focus of the link I posted above - is moving full speed ahead. I hope one day you'll love my fictional work and think it's awesome! :)

Tycho
08-02-2010, 07:37 PM
I got my manuscript back from my editor today!

I have about a month's work to do to approve all the mostly grammatical and word-choice issues that arose with the work, but the content and storyline lay down really smoothely now and with this edit The Treasure will be really polished :D

Tycho
09-22-2010, 12:33 PM
Editing is taking forever!

Meanwhile, I put up a new battle video - and these are getting more and more violent! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joshua-Adam-Weiselberg-The-Author/117114551640217)

This is the start of combat I fought in at Hunington Beach, California.

In a couple more days, I'll post the next segment. There were so many killed that glorious day!

Lord Malakite
09-23-2010, 12:41 AM
So much for historical accuracy. :p

El Chuxter
09-23-2010, 12:53 AM
There was, however, a Confederate general from Big Sur.

(If you don't know what I'm talking about, look it up, track down the book, and get hooked on the author. God knows his ghost could use some fans, as he's almost entirely forgotten.)

TeeEye7
09-23-2010, 03:47 AM

So much for historical accuracy. :p

Actually, it's all true. The troops were fearlessly lead by General Frankie Avalon. No one expected the surprise surf board amphibious landings! It won the day!