PDA

View Full Version : Wave 3 - Return of the Jedi

Pages : 1 [2]

tagmac
11-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Endor Trooper - don't really like the face sculpt and am really tired of the goatee thing. I'm currently calling him Shipwreck in Endor Gear.

At least he doesn't look like the Tom Green trooper we got a few years ago. ;)

Slicker
11-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Saw these and passed. The skirt on the Gammorean Guard looks utterly stupid. He's one of my most disliked and one of the dumbest characters anyways so I'd only buy it for completionism.

El Chuxter
11-24-2010, 04:01 PM
I saw a Luke today and passed. I'm not sure I want a new one, especially since they seem to be releasing a new Jedi Luke almost yearly, always saying, "Really, we fixed everything that was wrong with him." He did look like he had the new wrist articulation which a few recent Joes have had, which is cool.

If I see him with the rest of the wave, I might cave. By himself, not enough temptation to stand in the line.

Slicker
11-24-2010, 05:46 PM
Until I see a new Frassk on the pegs I'm not about to spend the money on new figs. Sorry Hasbro.

bigbarada
11-24-2010, 06:17 PM
Okay I've got a bit of sleep and now I can honestly say that the Gamorrean Guard, Wicket and Ackbar are some of the greatest action figures that Hasbro has ever created.

At some point I'm going to make an attempt to adjust the Gamorrean's skirt, but Bkusna is sending me another Gamorrean figure for free (thanks, buddy! :thumbsup: ), so I'm going to wait until I have another one before I start messing with it. Soft-goods usually require a bit of work before they really look correct, so i can't even count the skirt against the figure. He's just amazing right out of the package.

Saw these and passed. The skirt on the Gammorean Guard looks utterly stupid. He's one of my most disliked and one of the dumbest characters anyways so I'd only buy it for completionism.

If you don't like the alien design in the first place, then I could understand the attitude towards the skirt if you are judging him by the way he looks in the bubble.

However, the Gamorrean Guard has always been my second favorite alien design across all science fiction media (Barada is number one, of course). In fact, the very first image from Return of the Jedi that I ever saw was that famous photo of the Gamorrean sitting on the deck of the Sail Barge. So, to me, the Gamorreans represent the very best of what Star Wars is: the whimsical realism and amazing craftsmanship that sets the OT apart from every other sci-fi/fantasy franchise. To reiterate, I love this figure. This is an even more significant addition to my collection than the VTAC Bossk was from 2007; but that's mainly because the POTF2 version of Bossk was such a cool figure and the POTF2 Gamorrean was a total failure.

If you think I'm gushing now, just wait until Kithaba is released next year. :)

Of course, the Gamorrean Guard, Bossk and Kithaba aren't major characters in the storyline - they don't have any lines and very little screen time in comparison with other characters; but they have screen presence. In other words, when they do show up on screen you tend to remember them. Besides, screentime, spoken lines, and relevance to the overall plot are someone else's criteria for choosing their favorite Star Wars characters, not mine. I want a cool looking alien design first and foremost.

Slicker
11-24-2010, 06:42 PM
I guess that came off REALLY harsh. I think I was more venting on the dumba** fuzzy skirt that he had. Had they molded it it would have been much better.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-24-2010, 07:19 PM
Out of the package, there's a significant improvement to it, Slicker.

bigbarada
11-24-2010, 07:34 PM
Out of the package, there's a significant improvement to it, Slicker.

Yep, here's mine with his skirt turned around, wetted down and the belt pulled down over it:

morpheus282
11-24-2010, 07:47 PM

In that case, pick one up for me. :D I'd like to have at least two or three more to round out Jabba's shelf in my office but I've only seen one on the pegs.

Slicker
11-24-2010, 08:01 PM
Even though I'm almost out of the game I'll grab 'em if I see 'em.

morpheus282
11-24-2010, 08:09 PM
Looks like I'll be going to WM early Black Friday, hopefully I'll come home with three little pigs as well as the other assorted items I'm going in search of.

JetsAndHeels
11-24-2010, 08:38 PM
I love this wave, with the exception of the Endor Rebel Trooper. Besides the Gammorean guard, I would rate Ackbar 2nd. A great retooling of a great character.

jedibear
11-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Stopped by WM tonight after work and scored another Gammy (to open)...I really dig this one. Yeah, the fur is a little big and lumpy, but if you turn it around and get the right pose going, he looks really good. I also like it that both hands are well-detailed and can hold weapons. I like the separate helmet too...gives another level of detail and quality sitting atop his head. Really cool job on this one...

And yes, JetsAndHeels...Ackbar is another great one...packed with detail and good articulation. The display screen is an appropriate accessory for him...but now I want the chair :) ...

It is a solid wave...the weakest figure to me is also the Rebel Commando...I like the earlier version of this one a bit better. And one of the strongest is the Klaatu redux...another well-detailed and great looking figure, which sadly, is going to be the pegwarmer of the year I think....there were eight of them sitting there today.

Qui-Long Gone
11-25-2010, 08:46 AM
...but now I want the chair :) ...

I agree, but if it took them that long to give us Jabba's dias, imagine how low on the important scale is Ackbar's chair. Sigh.

jedibear
11-25-2010, 12:24 PM
lol yes, Qui-Long Gone...but we can dream, can't we?

Had chance this morning to really look at these figures and while this is certainly a solid wave, my favorites are GamGuard, Klaatu (I refuse to use that other awful name), Ackbar & Wicket.

All are great steps up from their original releases...the use of separate pieces (head gear, belts, etc) is really adding detail and texture we've rarely experienced at this scale...and the use of textiles has become more refined (Klaatu's skirt is an excellent example of this). The quality is just outstanding.

It really is looking like the Hasbro team is on fire with this collection...

Here's some shots of these cool ones for those who are still on the hunt for them...

Have a good holiday, everyone...

bigbarada
11-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Klaatu (I refuse to use that other awful name),

I don't object to the name Wooof at all, since that was the nickname that ILM gave to the character during the pre-production of ROTJ. So it actually predates the name Klaatu and is not just something made up by EU writers.

Anyways, cool pictures. Is your Gamorrean straight out of the package?

jedibear
11-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Thanks!

Yeah, I'd read about that name thing too...but I always liked having Klaatu, Nikto & Barada lined up together on display..."Wooof" just doesn't fit the look of the character at all to me...

All I did with Gam Guard was spin the fur skirt around so the the shorter side was in the front...I think it helps the look a bit...

bigbarada
11-25-2010, 05:21 PM
Thanks!

Yeah, I'd read about that name thing too...but I always liked having Klaatu, Nikto & Barada lined up together on display..."Wooof" just doesn't fit the look of the character at all to me...

All I did with Gam Guard was spin the fur skirt around so the the shorter side was in the front...I think it helps the look a bit...

Yeah, I'm still ticked off that Decipher and all the other crappy EU sources have totally butchered the whole "Klaatu Barada Nikto" reference. Klaatus are now Niktos, Niktos get to stay Niktos, and Barada is a member of the "Klaatu-inian" species. :rolleyes: Klaatus, Baradas and Niktos should be species names and I just always figured that Wooof was an individual's name.

Anyways, I actually soaked my Gamorrean figure in some boiling hot water (it's been cold here so I wanted to prevent the belt from tearing when I stretched it over the skirt) and now that it's dried out, it's not as poofy looking and I think the hot water actually shrunk the cloth a bit. It just feels smaller to me. Once I get another one, I'll be able to compare them and see if the skirt actually did shrink.

Qui-Long Gone
11-25-2010, 05:33 PM
^Won't boiling cause damage to the paint on a figure?

Has anyone tried to trim the pig's skirt?

bigbarada
11-25-2010, 10:00 PM
^Won't boiling cause damage to the paint on a figure?

Has anyone tried to trim the pig's skirt?

I only drop the figure into the boiling water for a few seconds, just long enough to soft up all the plastic. I do this all the time for thin figures that have stuck joints and I don't want to risk snapping them off. So far I've never seen any adverse affects from the hot water. It's also a great way to fix warped weapons and body parts, since the plastic tends to return to it's original shape after it's been heated.

Snowtrooper
11-25-2010, 10:07 PM
My brother picked up these for me a week ago and finally got them delivered yesterday. I haven't opened up anything yet, but the figures all look great and the cardbacks look great too. I'm only missing the pig, but thats on its way from HTS at a later date.

autumnsdescent
11-26-2010, 08:47 PM
While vacationing in Columbia, SC this past week, I found both the new CW waves (Vos, Embo, Boba, Mando, etc.) and Wave 3 Vintage at Walmarts. These should be becoming more frequent now...

jedibear
11-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Saw some pics of that latest CW...they actually look pretty good. May have to hunt a few down...

Qui-Long Gone
11-26-2010, 09:50 PM
Got a pig, Luke and Wicket...this line is one of the best ever.

morpheus282
11-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Didn't find any new figures while out on Black Friday shopping, but I did finally locate the TIE bomber. I'm still on the lookout for at least two more little piggies.

Qui-Long Gone
11-26-2010, 11:32 PM
Has anyone posted pics of "alterations" the Gam woolly skirt?

Slicker
11-27-2010, 01:35 AM
There are several floating around here. There's one in this thread if you search a bit.

bigbarada
11-27-2010, 09:12 AM
Has anyone posted pics of "alterations" the Gam woolly skirt?

I posted one in this thread, but I can't repost the same image on this forum. My alteration simply involved turning the skirt around 180º, soaking the entire figure in boiling water for a few seconds and then pulling the belt down over the fur to just under the waist articulation.

Pretty easy and involved no cutting of the cloth or trimming of the fur.

DarkJedi5
11-27-2010, 12:41 PM
I posted one in this thread, but I can't repost the same image on this forum. My alteration simply involved turning the skirt around 180º, soaking the entire figure in boiling water for a few seconds and then pulling the belt down over the fur to just under the waist articulation.

Pretty easy and involved no cutting of the cloth or trimming of the fur.

It's post 258 in this thread, if that helps.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Found a lone Wooof at a Fred Meyer. They had a buy 2 get 1 free coupon so I picked up a couple Clone Wars figures - Battle Droid Commander and Camo ARF Trooper.

DarkArtist
11-28-2010, 11:22 AM
picked up a lone Wicket today at the Walmart in Old Bridge... now hopefully a nice long rest till AOTC comes out. I still want a few more Gamorreans but I can wait. still have yet to pick up the Magna Guard from the ROTS wave either.

Neuroleptic
11-28-2010, 11:38 AM
I didn't find any of wave 3 while out on black friday. As a matter of fact, it appeared none of the stores in my area restocked at all as of last night (saturday), despite both K-mart and Walmart having half their inventory of star wars figures empty. Last time they re-stocked was early last week. I'm also glad I'm not after the TIE bomber, because, like jaba, it never even showed up here.

I'm preaty frustrated at this point. Other than the first siteing of figures earlier this month at target and a small amount of them at walmart, I have yet to see the new figures (and have yet to see the one I want most at all, R2-D2) and when the stores re-stock, they all re-stock wave 2.

morpheus282
11-28-2010, 11:50 AM
I found the TIE bomber outside in lawn & garden. Other than that, black Friday was also a bust for me. Either no restocking occured all weekend at any of my stores or someone else beat me to them.

autumnsdescent
11-30-2010, 12:04 AM
I was in South Carolina for the past week visiting family.

I found the new CW waves at a Walmart in Sumter, SC of all places.

Found Wave 3 at a Walmart in Columbia, SC.

Found remnants of Wave 3 at a Walmart in Berea, KY on the drive home yesterday.

Found the entire Wave 3 and lots of it (minus the pig) at my local Walmart in Indianapolis this evening.

You guys army-building the pig - hey - mind giving us people who only want one or two a go at these things? They are getting very difficult to find...

morpheus282
11-30-2010, 01:00 AM
I only have one little pig, so I'm hoping they get a little more common for all our sakes. If I find a horde of them I promise not to take them all.

Qui-Long Gone
11-30-2010, 10:49 AM
I only have one little pig, so I'm hoping they get a little more common for all our sakes. If I find a horde of them I promise not to take them all.

Are pigs a horde?

morpheus282
11-30-2010, 11:56 AM
I'm sure pigs could be in a horde if they wanted to. I guess technically they would be a drove, herd, sounder, farrow, or litter (if they're piglets), but I would say horde could apply to any group as long as they were properly motivated.

Did you know a group of frogs is called an army?

What do you call a person who makes up names for groups of animals who don't usually travel in groups?

DarkArtist
11-30-2010, 01:45 PM
I've only seen one Gamorrean Guard once and snatched him up the first chance I got..

still looking for 5 more of this guy along with 3 more Endor Rebels and another Wicket but I can hold out and let others get them first.

Jabbapalacespy
12-01-2010, 09:26 AM
The Gamorrean Guards are selling through really quick. I didn't think that figure would be that popular. The other figures in this wave are easy to find around here now.

Qui-Long Gone
12-01-2010, 12:10 PM
I didn't think that figure would be that popular.

I saw that coming a mile away....Americans have a big obsession with bacon and those were some really cool creatures in the SW mythos.

Darth Awgmon
12-01-2010, 12:44 PM
I picked up my third Gam Guard last night. Also got a second Wicket to display with the alternate headwrap - he's like an entirely different ewok with the green one on.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-01-2010, 08:31 PM
What do you call a person who makes up names for groups of animals who don't usually travel in groups?A solowished? A monacool? An eyeliketamoveit-moveit?

morpheus282
12-01-2010, 09:22 PM
An eyeliketamoveit-moveit?

Easy there, ringtail.

bigbarada
12-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Found the entire wave at Walmart again last night but didn't have enough money on me at the time to pick any of the figures up. So I went back again this afternoon, but they were all gone except for the repacks.

Hopefully, they'll start getting more plentiful here soon.

Neuroleptic
12-01-2010, 11:11 PM
. . . freaking walmart re-stocked wave two AGAIN.

Stuipd freaking idiots.

And freaking is so standing in for a less appropriate word at the moment.

El Chuxter
12-01-2010, 11:19 PM
I finally saw one more figure, an Endor Commando. Unfortunately, the line was not worth standing in for just one figure, especially one I'm not too hip on (it feeling like the 43rd consecutive one with a goatee).

I'm not worried. Ackbar, at least, will wind up being a huge pegwarmer after all these ROTS clones sell through.

JediTricks
12-02-2010, 06:53 PM
The Reb Commando is a pretty decent figure though, good use of trenchcoat, good accessories, good articulation. It's worth a look, especially if WM still has TVC on sale.

Qui-Long Gone
12-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Ackbar, at least, will wind up being a huge pegwarmer after all these ROTS clones sell through.

Which is sort of sad, because I see collecting him as I did Yarna...a character that I really wanted but knew wouldn't be as "commercially" successful as other mainstream figures. I'm just glad they made him!

Neuroleptic
12-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Still trying to find R2-D2 from wave 3. Went to Walmart and saw that they where stocking more figures. So at first I was like "oh yay!". Then I saw that they where, again, wave 2. And they had 3 more boxes that didn't fit on the shelf with wave 2 in them. Target was re-stocked as well, but also with wave 2 again. I'm becoming more and more frustrated with just how much of wave 2 the stores are selling around here. I suppose I should be happy they're selling enough to need to be re-stocked though.

K-mart actualy had Luke, Woofu (SP?) and Ackbar. I bought my second luke for display, and noticed that both this luke and the one I intend to keep packaged both have an error on the card. The part of the name plate that is supposed to look like a metal oval was solid white instead of printed. Are all of the packaged lukes like this, or did I just happen to get lucky?

JediTricks
12-03-2010, 05:58 PM
They're all like that, so far. Weird that nobody's commented on it until you, I never noticed that they goofed on that Luke, but there it is.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-03-2010, 08:46 PM
I got Luke, R2-D2, and the Gamorrean Guard for my birthday, and found Wicket a day later, so I'm all caught up on this wave. I didn't get a whole lot of time to look at them, but the Gamorrean and Luke are nothing short of stunning - on first impressions, they're some of the most incredible figures in the entire line. R2-D2 has some issues and inaccuracies but he's pretty fun, and a surprisingly huge step forward in terms of the drink tray compared to the 2004 version. I haven't opened Wicket yet, but he looks great, too.

Qui-Long Gone
12-06-2010, 05:07 PM
I was in Dallas and Fort Worth this weekend and was surprised that this wave is hard to find even there!

bkusna
12-06-2010, 09:49 PM
I was there too for the Big 12 championship game....stopped by 3 Targets and 2 TRUs and didn't see one ROTJ figure......:bandit:

JediTricks
12-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Bkusna generously sent me Admiral Ackbar, and upon opening the figure it confirmed my suspicion that this is a top-drawer wave, every figure has something good to offer.

Admiral Ackbar is a worthy upgrade to the ol' POTF2 version, the head sculpt and paint are tighter, the body more his style, and that's saying a lot because the old one was really good. The new version has a ball-jointed neck, good addition (although a nitpick, it's a touch too far forward so the joint shows a little), and ball-hinge shoulders, elbows, and knees, plus rotation forearms. The outfit sculpt is good, though his rank badge is inaccurate. His accessories are his baton and the panel from his chair, which he can hold in his right hand, both are good, the panel works better than I expected, but they put it in the tray with the thin microphone stalk bent the wrong way so it's permanently wilted away from him. He's pretty much a top notch upgrade in every way.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-07-2010, 08:17 PM
I found Wicket and Ackbar over the weekend, so I think I'm only missing the Gamorrean from this wave.

morpheus282
12-07-2010, 09:42 PM
I still haven't seen Wicket. So far the Gamorrean is definately my favorite. I'd still like to find 2-3 more of them for my Jabba scene. Hopefully the wave will hit in greater numbers closer to Christmas.

Darth Metalmute
12-08-2010, 11:34 AM
I finally found proof that this wave has been released in Northwestern Ohio. Had to go to a Walmart in Port Clinton of all places to see a figure from this wave. They had one Wicket and that was it.

bigbarada
12-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Unfortunately, my Walmart only seems to be getting the ROTJ cases that come with the two Ep3 Clonetroopers and those guys, along with the Sandtroopers, are really starting to pile up on the shelves.

However, the good news is that they did get two cases of the ROTJ wave in yesterday. They were down to one Gamorrean and one Wicket, but two of everyone else (and 4 more Clonetroopers clogging the pegs :mad: ). I picked up the Gamorrean, Wicket and 2 Wooofs (one yesterday and I went back for the other one this morning).

Qui-Long Gone
12-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Wave 2 is pegwarming every store in West Texas (and seemingly the Dallas/Fort Worth area too).

This is strange, since there is a Walmart distribution center here in my town...

autumnsdescent
12-10-2010, 10:24 PM
You guys army-building the pig - hey - mind giving us people who only want one or two a go at these things? They are getting very difficult to find...

HaHa! My wifey was at Kohl's doing some shopping and found a piggie for me! My wife rocks!

morpheus282
12-10-2010, 10:53 PM
HaHa! My wifey was at Kohl's doing some shopping and found a piggie for me! My wife rocks!

I'm going to have to check Kohl's... Hopefully they'll have the figures on sale so that their prices will equal Target's non-sale price.

TheDarthVader
12-11-2010, 09:48 AM
The only figure from this wave that I have been able to find has been R2-D2. I have only seen one figure from this wave, at a Wal Mart, and I purchased it. Everyone else is MIA. I have looked in several stores.

Neuroleptic
12-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Got lucky and found my third wicket last night. Now all I need is to find 3 R2-D2s. I know they're in the same wave and probably in the same box . . . but they are nearly impossible to find.

bigbarada
12-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Actually found some unpunched figures last night. The pegs were full so some of the figures were laying down across the top of the rows of figures. Picked up an unpunched Wooof and Wicket on the card. They had another Gamorrean, but it was on the peg and no sign of the punch anywhere.

Also saw unpunched versions of Artoo and the Endor Rebel, but I waited until after my shift was over at 7 AM to pick them up and by then one of the associates had placed them on the pegs, partially knocking out the little cardboard punches. But they're still attached so it's an easy matter to sort of just slip them back into place.

Jabbapalacespy
12-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Went to Walmart today and hit the motherload of vintage ROTJ wave! Easily over a hundred figures, no joke. :shocked: They had the usual section of vintage beside the CW figures. Then a few paces down another section and past that a little ways another section. Then on the other side of the isle was a section and then a few paces from that another section, and so on. (And out of all those figures I found one, lonely, solitary Gamorrean Guard. Now I have five and that should be enough for my diorama. :razz:) I can't believe they have that many figures from one wave. I don't remember any wave being put out in such mass numbers before. Hope they don't clog the shelves when next years waves are released.

Maerj2000
12-15-2010, 09:43 PM
Our Local Wal Mart had a good supply of figures as well. I got 2 more Gammies, I'd like one more but thought I should wait until I finish X-Mas shopping first.

Darth Awgmon
12-15-2010, 09:57 PM
This wave is all over the place in my part of the country. The Gams are hard to find, but I have seen 7 and bought all seven I have seen. All the other figures are easily found here in Middle TN.

El Chuxter
12-16-2010, 01:24 AM
I still ain't found jack. Okay, one Wooof and one Rebel, and I bought the Wooof. Nothing else. At all.

Still not worried, though.

TheDarthVader
12-16-2010, 01:34 AM
SAME HERE EL CHUX. I have only found one R2D2, and I purchased him. Three Walmarts, one K Mart and one Target are DRY.

Darth Metalmute
12-16-2010, 08:56 AM
The only thing I have seen is one Wicket and one Wooof which I found an hour east of me. I should check out Kohls as well since they were the first place I saw wave 2.

Darth Awgmon
12-16-2010, 01:44 PM
Stopped by walmart this morning when they were putting out stock. There were two unopened vinatage cases that a very nice employee opened for me. One case was the ESB wave (bought another Boba Fett). The other was a revision case. Had mostly ROTS wave inside, but also had some of the ROTJ wave. Picked up another Gam Guard (that's 8 now), Rebel Commando, and Wicket.

BTW, out of those two cases there was only one unpunched card among the bunch. Two of the figures actually had severely creased cards straight out of the case. Whoever packed them up at the factory did some damage.

El Chuxter
12-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Finally found a Target with another partial wave: Gamorrean, Ackbar, Wicket, Endor Rebel Trooper, and two Wooofs. Prior to that, another Target had one Wooof. (Wooof is turning into an unexpected pegwarmer, it seems.)

No Lukes, who I probably won't get since people don't seem to be praising him as highly as the Bespin Luke. No Artoos, either. And Yoda and Wedge are both on hold, right?

I was going to pass on yet another dark-haired bearded Endor trooper, but noticed he is a good likeness of a college friend and a cousin (who don't look exactly alike but close enough this one figure can pass for either easily). As they're both ministers, this figure will be a Rebel Chaplain in my collection. :D

Qui-Long Gone
12-21-2010, 10:18 PM
No Lukes, who I probably won't get since people don't seem to be praising him as highly as the Bespin Luke.

Well, nothing is ever going to beat the Bespin Luke, but ROTJ Luke isn't too bad. At least a big improvement over the last (a figure I eventually became supportive of). I think it's a high 7/low 8 compared to Bespin Luke's 10.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-22-2010, 12:57 AM
Finally found a Target with another partial wave: Gamorrean, Ackbar, Wicket, Endor Rebel Trooper, and two Wooofs. Prior to that, another Target had one Wooof. (Wooof is turning into an unexpected pegwarmer, it seems.)

No Lukes, who I probably won't get since people don't seem to be praising him as highly as the Bespin Luke. No Artoos, either. And Yoda and Wedge are both on hold, right?

I was going to pass on yet another dark-haired bearded Endor trooper, but noticed he is a good likeness of a college friend and a cousin (who don't look exactly alike but close enough this one figure can pass for either easily). As they're both ministers, this figure will be a Rebel Chaplain in my collection. :D
Wooof and the Rebel Commando are the two that are sticking around a little longer here from this wave. I guess Wooof really isn't a surprise after Giran didn't do too super well last year despite them both being fantastic figures.

I think you should get the Luke. I'm not sure why people aren't praising him as much; maybe we're expecting this level of greatness by now? He doesn't have ball-joint waist articulation, but he does have ball-joint elbows; otherwise, he's very similar to Bespin Luke, if much skinnier. I've read a lot of people complaining that he doesn't have the cloak, but he's very clearly a Death Star II Luke (despite the current card photo) so he doesn't need it anyway. It's certainly miles better than the cruddy 2009 version, at least.

Also, not sure if you've opened him yet, but the Rebel Commando is bald underneath (so, only his beard is dark-haired). The 2007 tin set version was also bald, presumably due to the removable helmets.

Neuroleptic
12-22-2010, 08:20 AM
I agree with JJ. The new Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight is practicaly a sleeper hit. He's not perfect, and not quite as good as the Bespin Luke we recently got (I actualy skipped Bespin Luke as I got the Snowspeeder Luke for my Empire Strikes Back Heroes) but he's by no means a bad figure.

He's a bit thin looking, but the outfit he's wearing in the movies on the Death Star II make him look thin too. However it doesnt look terrible like the recent attempts at the figure. And while He's got swivle waiste articulation, He also has hinged joint hands (like Gree, his hands can be turned like most modern figures independently of the arm, and also can be moved up and down), which is really nice for poseing him if you're a lose collector.

So what he lacks in sculpt, in my mind he makes up for it in articulation. I'm very glad I got him, though I do plan to get the newer version when he's re-released with the cape. IF I can find it.

bigbarada
12-22-2010, 09:49 AM
I actually wasn't a big fan of the Bespin Luke with his birthing hips. The new DS2 Luke has the same waist articulation without the wide hips.

I was never a Luke Skywalker fan as a kid until Return of the Jedi, so his ROTJ outfits are my favorites and this is the single best ROTJ Luke Skywalker figure we have ever gotten.

I think the reason that he isn't blowing the doors off of the fan praise bandwagon is that the incorrect card photo is confusing some people. I can't count how many times I've read criticisms of this figure on RS that assume he was intended to be a Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker, based on the card photo, and Hasbro just "cheaped out" by not including the cloak.

So I think that fans who don't necessarily spend all of their time reading toy forums aren't going to know that the card photo is a mistake that Hasbro has already promised to correct.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to that because I'll be more than happy to buy another DS2 Luke just to keep him on the new card.

El Chuxter
12-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Okay, I'll probably get one, then. IF I ever find him in the sea of Greatest Hits figures.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-22-2010, 07:39 PM
Okay, I'll probably get one, then. IF I ever find him in the sea of Greatest Hits figures.I only got one because a) I needed to reach a minimum purchase amount to get a discount, and b) it was a sort-of-unpunched card (on the peg).

What would I have changed about it? Given him a second ungloved hand (to match inside Jabba's palace scenes), a cloak, and the gun. I mean, the Kenner one had that awesome skiff guard blaster and a soft goods cape!

bigbarada
12-22-2010, 07:48 PM
I only got one because a) I needed to reach a minimum purchase amount to get a discount, and b) it was a sort-of-unpunched card (on the peg).

What would I have changed about it? Given him a second ungloved hand (to match inside Jabba's palace scenes), a cloak, and the gun. I mean, the Kenner one had that awesome skiff guard blaster and a soft goods cape!

But then he would have been inaccurate to the Jabba's Palace scenes because he isn't wearing his vest. This is supposed to be a DS2 Luke, not a Jabba's Palace Luke. I think we'll actually get a Jabba's Palace Luke next year sometime.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-22-2010, 08:21 PM
Finally found a Gamorrean today at Fred Meyer. Now I need to find at least one more. I think I still need a second Endor soldier, but I've seen those around, so that shouldn't be too hard.

JediTricks
12-22-2010, 10:09 PM
I think you should get the Luke. I'm not sure why people aren't praising him as much; maybe we're expecting this level of greatness by now? He doesn't have ball-joint waist articulation, but he does have ball-joint elbows; otherwise, he's very similar to Bespin Luke, if much skinnier. I've read a lot of people complaining that he doesn't have the cloak, but he's very clearly a Death Star II Luke (despite the current card photo) so he doesn't need it anyway. It's certainly miles better than the cruddy 2009 version, at least.I don't dislike the new Jedi Luke, but I actually like a lot of the '09 version over this TVC version.

The likeness on TVC isn't as good and has a dull and mopey expression,
the hair is inaccurately blond/yellow,
there's a posture issue about the figure which is hard to get past in posing,
it has weird hands (especially the left, ungloved one),
the legs are a bit too long and far apart,
there's the issue of whether or not you'll get the belt with the hole and the saber with the plug,
and then there's the lack of the ball-jointed torso, which served both the Bespin Luke and the '09 Jedi Luke so well.

Honestly, when I look at the TVC figure, I think of the original 1983 figure with its long legs, wide face, yellow hair, and odd neck more than I think of the character itself. When I look at the '09 figure, I think first and foremost of the character as he was at the end of the film - the figure looks so much better with the open gray flap, I really think that should have been open the whole time he wasn't wearing the vest.

rickantel
12-23-2010, 04:42 AM
jus picked up
jedi luke
OT Darth Vader
and everyones fav piggie lol
:pleased::thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
12-23-2010, 11:22 AM
But then he would have been inaccurate to the Jabba's Palace scenes because he isn't wearing his vest. This is supposed to be a DS2 Luke, not a Jabba's Palace Luke. I think we'll actually get a Jabba's Palace Luke next year sometime.Yousa point is well seen. That all makes sense now. I retract my rant.

bigbarada
12-23-2010, 10:12 PM
Well, I stopped by Walmart again today and they have all of the steel shelving at the top of the Lawn & Garden section completely filled with overstock toy cases. So I just browsed around and saw a case labeled as "SW 3.75 VINTAGE FIGURE ASST W4.B" I asked one of the support managers to pull the case down for me and told her that I would be interested in purchasing the entire case if it was the one I wanted. I opened it up and rifled through the figures real quick and discovered it was the assortment with 2 Admiral Ackbar figures. However, the case had already been opened and someone had pulled the Gamorrean and Wicket out, then labeled it as backstock and put it up in the steel (I have an idea who might have done it because a friend of mine who occasionally works in the toy department was talking about how much he wanted the Gamorrean Guard - and he doesn't even collect Star Wars figures).

Anyways, I told the manager that I would take the case and thanked her. Now, if it had been a complete case, then I would have bought it as is, but I went ahead and dumped the figures that I didn't want (Sandtrooper, ROTS Clone, Darth Vader, and Metro-Vader) on the pegs with the rest of the Vintage figures. I actually scouted out that section ahead of time to make sure that there would be room for me to dump some unwanted figures just in case.

I did keep the box though, just because it's kind of a cool souvenir to have from the greatest wave of Star Wars figures in the modern line.

According to the inventory labels, this case has been at that particular store since the 21st of November.

Now, I don't think I got any kind of special treatment just because I work there. We've all been bending over backwards the last couple of weeks to help customers finish their Christmas shopping. So I think anyone here could go to Walmart right now and do the same thing, especially if they have the toy backstock in plain view for the customers to see. If you go during the day and no one will help you, then try again after 10 PM when the night shift starts.

Qui-Long Gone
12-29-2010, 02:30 PM
^That is a good story.

I picked up a Woolf in Amarillo two days ago. No Ackbar. I got another Gam for x-mas (2 now). I may look for one more so I have three, one for each "axe." I will probably also look for the R2.

I need to get one of those snowspeeder Lukes for my son. He wants it to fight his AT AT.

Neuroleptic
12-29-2010, 04:04 PM
Well, I stopped by Walmart again today and they have all of the steel shelving at the top of the Lawn & Garden section completely filled with overstock toy cases. So I just browsed around and saw a case labeled as "SW 3.75 VINTAGE FIGURE ASST W4.B" I asked one of the support managers to pull the case down for me and told her that I would be interested in purchasing the entire case if it was the one I wanted. I opened it up and rifled through the figures real quick and discovered it was the assortment with 2 Admiral Ackbar figures. However, the case had already been opened and someone had pulled the Gamorrean and Wicket out, then labeled it as backstock and put it up in the steel (I have an idea who might have done it because a friend of mine who occasionally works in the toy department was talking about how much he wanted the Gamorrean Guard - and he doesn't even collect Star Wars figures).

Anyways, I told the manager that I would take the case and thanked her. Now, if it had been a complete case, then I would have bought it as is, but I went ahead and dumped the figures that I didn't want (Sandtrooper, ROTS Clone, Darth Vader, and Metro-Vader) on the pegs with the rest of the Vintage figures. I actually scouted out that section ahead of time to make sure that there would be room for me to dump some unwanted figures just in case.

I did keep the box though, just because it's kind of a cool souvenir to have from the greatest wave of Star Wars figures in the modern line.

According to the inventory labels, this case has been at that particular store since the 21st of November.

Now, I don't think I got any kind of special treatment just because I work there. We've all been bending over backwards the last couple of weeks to help customers finish their Christmas shopping. So I think anyone here could go to Walmart right now and do the same thing, especially if they have the toy backstock in plain view for the customers to see. If you go during the day and no one will help you, then try again after 10 PM when the night shift starts.

The local walmart's customer service has been absolutly amazing. Unfortunately, it just seems they simply don't have the figures I actualy want. Just case after case of wave 2. I do however appreciate that they have been willing to work with me. It just seems that all they get here is wave 2. Hopefully that'll change soon.

sonofsokol
12-29-2010, 07:51 PM
I got most of this wave for Christmas from my wife... I hadn't opened any of them yet when my 2 year old came up holding Wooof and asked, "I can open daddy's Grinch toy?" Now he to carries him around singing the few lines of the Grinch song that he can remember. :D

TheDarthVader
01-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Still no wave 3 here. :(

morpheus282
01-01-2011, 11:02 PM
The wave finally showed up at my local Walmart. Three Lukes, three Ackbars, three Wooofs, one R2, one rebel commando, and a couple of Wickets on the pegs. No piggies, much to my dismay.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Jedi News (http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=4329) scored an image of the new Yoda card, which looks quite slick. I think I'll get a second one to keep carded now. The back of the card also shows Luke's new Endor-specific card, so people can finally stop complaining that he doesn't have the cape. :p

Bel-Cam Jos
01-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Jedi News (http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=4329) scored an image of the new Yoda card, which looks quite slick. I think I'll get a second one to keep carded now. The back of the card also shows Luke's new Endor-specific card, so people can finally stop complaining that he doesn't have the cape. :pUh, there is nothing that can stop people from complaining. It's an inalienable right from above. ;) But Yoda and Wedge looked decent before; if I find 'em in stores, I'll likely git 'em.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Uh, there is nothing that can stop people from complaining. It's an inalienable right from above. ;) But Yoda and Wedge looked decent before; if I find 'em in stores, I'll likely git 'em.
Er . . . Wedge still won't be out for a while.

TheDarthVader
01-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Is there anyone else who has not seen this wave anywhere? I have not.

Qui-Long Gone
01-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Texas has been hit or miss. I've seen the wave once in Lubbock (6 trips), partially in Amarillo (1 trip), and never in Dallas/Fort Worth (although I only was there once before Christmas). :(

Neuroleptic
01-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Is there anyone else who has not seen this wave anywhere? I have not.

I've seen the entire wave minus R2-D2 in stores only twice, and the second time was just wicket and woofoo (or whatever his name is . . .). I'm still trying to find 2 of R2 from this wave, but I worry that with the AOTC wave slated to come out this month that it may not happen and then I'll have to go on ebay to get them instead of giving my cash to a retailer.

This frustrates me, because while we have two waves coming up fairly soon (AOTC and the ANH waves) I am not really interested in any of them. And the one wave that I REALY like seems to be stupid hard to find. This makes me glad that there are only a few more figures I plan to get, because this has happened to me a lot lately.

Darth Metalmute
01-08-2011, 04:22 PM
I finally found the Wave at a Mejier in Bowling Green. Several Guards, Bearded troopers, and R2s. I picked up a R2, piggy, and Ackbar. I have to say, after opening them all up, I am most impressed with Ackbar. This is a perfect figure in my opinion.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Er . . . Wedge still won't be out for a while.I'm patient; I'll wait. :pleased: I'm so patient, in fact, that doctors make me pay them when they see me on the street.

bigbarada
01-08-2011, 06:04 PM
I finally found the Wave at a Mejier in Bowling Green. Several Guards, Bearded troopers, and R2s. I picked up a R2, piggy, and Ackbar. I have to say, after opening them all up, I am most impressed with Ackbar. This is a perfect figure in my opinion.

My first Ackbar figure had some serious problems with the way the spots were painted on his head. On the right side, the spots were super dark and extremely sharp, on the left side, the spots were so faint that you could barely see them. Fortunately, I found another one later on with much better paint apps and he is a nearly perfect figure, except for the lack of ankle articulation.

I consider ankle articulation a must in modern figures, not because of I want to put everyone in extreme action poses, but because I like for my figures to be able to stand on their own without the aid of plastic stands. Ankle articulation makes that much easier to accomplish since it allows for very subtle adjustments in the positioning of the feet.

So, Ackbar still gets an A+, but he could have gotten an A+ :) GOOD JOB!, if he had articulated ankles.

morpheus282
01-08-2011, 10:21 PM
My closest Walmart must have put out more of this wave. There's now at least four Wickets on the pegs, but I haven't seen a single pig. I'd like to find at least two more of them (preferably three) but it's looking like eBay is going to be my only shot at it.

TheDarthVader
01-12-2011, 10:27 AM
I gave up and bought the set plus 4 other figures on the secondary market. I purchased the 11 figures for $105. That included free shipping. It is a RELIEF; now I don't have to search in Wal Mart or Target all of the time when my wife and I go to get other items.

Darth Awgmon
01-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Found a Walmart today with 4 pigs stashed behind a Jabba Throne on the bottom shelf. Bought all of them, so that gives me 12 pigs now. Who's got more than that? I know there is somebody out there with 20 or 30!

Mad Slanted Powers
01-12-2011, 07:51 PM
I've only got the one. I didn't make it to Wal-Mart or Target over the weekend, but perhaps this weekend.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-12-2011, 08:10 PM
I also only have one. I've seen the other figures from this wave a few times each, but the Gamorrean just once . . . actually, it was a birthday present, so technically I haven't seen it in a store at all.

Neuroleptic
01-12-2011, 09:19 PM
The pig is the first figure I found of this wave. It was also the only time I saw him, so I'm glad I decided to get him rather than wait, because I have a feeling he's going to be rather illusive.

bkusna
01-12-2011, 11:25 PM
Found a Walmart today with 4 pigs stashed behind a Jabba Throne on the bottom shelf. Bought all of them, so that gives me 12 pigs now. Who's got more than that? I know there is somebody out there with 20 or 30!

Funny you mention that...I have 22 and counting...18 of them in various dioramas and a few carded....I found all of them at walmarts and Targets here in OKC.....good hunting :thumbsup:

Darth Metalmute
01-13-2011, 08:34 AM

That's a great find. I still haven't seen Jabba yet. I'm pretty much getting sick of looking.

Darth Awgmon
01-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Funny you mention that...I have 22 and counting...18 of them in various dioramas and a few carded....I found all of them at walmarts and Targets here in OKC.....good hunting :thumbsup:

Wow...22! I think I may stop at 12. I think I have found 16 total, but I sold 4 to other people. I'd say out of those 16, I found 12 at Walmart, 2 at Target, and 2 at Kohl's. The original 1983 pig was one of my favorite figures as a kid, and this new version is one of the best Star Wars figures ever.

Jabbapalacespy
01-13-2011, 01:46 PM
I bought 5 Gamorrean Guards for my full diorama of Jabba's throne room. I may get another eventually but I think 5 is enough for it. I have my "old" Gamorrean Guards displayed on a shelf in a much smaller display with my "old" Jabba and other "old" Jabba goons.

Neuroleptic
01-13-2011, 03:00 PM

With how hard all of the figures in this wave are to find, and especialy this particular figure, I have to only half jokingly say that you probably have half the production run.

bkusna
01-13-2011, 05:58 PM
The most I've seen at one given time is 4 at Walmart...one or two here and there at the other retails...haven't seen one in about 4 weeks though :sad:

nohagent
01-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Hmm,

Just finally seeing Rebel soldier and Klaatu around.

Neuroleptic
01-13-2011, 10:07 PM
The most I've seen at one given time is 4 at Walmart...one or two here and there at the other retails...haven't seen one in about 4 weeks though :sad:

Hehe . . . 4 figures is the most i've seen of the entire wave at any one time.

As a side note, The local Target here has 8 pegs for vintage figures. They only have 9 figures total, and they're the same two guys. Dangar and 4Lom. Been that way since a week before X-mass. I don't quite get that.

JEDIpartner
01-19-2011, 09:11 AM
I've had no joy in getting a Gamorrean Guard. I'm wondering if I will ever be able to get one.

Jon Dougha
01-19-2011, 04:15 PM
I was actually in Texas and Oklahoma during the X-mas holiday and was amazed at the amount of ROTJ that I found at all of the Super Wally's/Targets. Man, you guys have it good when it comes to SW stuff; I also found plenty of Jaba Thrones marked down to $18.95 - bought one for myself :D. I saw multiples of the Gam Guards at at least two different Wally's. Kicking myself in the butt for not buying them now since I had already picked up one earlier in the month back home on the West Coast and figured they would be more readily available when I got back from vacation. However, since I've been back, I have not seen any ROTJ except for the Endor Rebel and Klatu as Nohagent noted. :mad:

I'm hoping we see more ROTJ, especially the guards with the revision waves.

JD

JEDIpartner
01-19-2011, 05:00 PM
I have not seen any ROTJ except for the Endor Rebel and Klatu as Nohagent noted. :mad:

I found Wicket once and picked him up. I think this was the most difficult wave for me to complete in ages. :mad:

Neuroleptic
01-19-2011, 08:02 PM
I found Wicket once and picked him up. I think this was the most difficult wave for me to complete in ages. :mad:

I agree. I think the only wave I've seen that was harder to find than vintage wave 3 was that last wave of figures from the build a droid series. While wave 3 has proven next to impossible, I never even saw that wave.

morpheus282
01-19-2011, 10:16 PM
Back to Walmart again tonight. Two R2s, two Wooofs, two Wickets, three Endor troopers, and one Ackbar. If it had not been for one pig at K-Mart I would be really perturbed right now. If anyone has a spare pig and needs anything else from the wave, let me know.

If Hasbro has any sense, they'll stick the pig in a greatest hits wave in a few months.

El Chuxter
01-19-2011, 10:31 PM
This wave does seem absurdly tough to find. I've seen most of them once only (aside from Wooof and the Rebel Chaplain), and still have yet to see Luke. Ackbar I was certain would be pegwarming by this point.

Maybe Hasbro will take note that folks aren't as turned on by the onslaught of Vintage-card Clonetroopers as they'd hoped.

I have noticed that at least one Target jacked the price up in the past week to $8.99. If this is a sign of things to come, I'm going to be a lot more selective. This would mean only WM has them for a decent price (for however long that lasts), and my luck at WM sucks lately.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Maybe Hasbro will take note that folks aren't as turned on by the onslaught of Vintage-card Clonetroopers as they'd hoped.Yes, I see a ton of those and the Sandtroopers. About the only ROTJ figures I'm seeing are the Rebel and Wooof.

morpheus282
01-19-2011, 10:58 PM
Rebel Chaplain

Gee, thanks. Now I'm going to see a priest every time I look at that figure.

Maybe Hasbro will take note that folks aren't as turned on by the onslaught of Vintage-card Clonetroopers as they'd hoped.

I've almost bought yet another sandtrooper so many times I can't count, but I keep putting it back. The thinking is that I'm helping clear the pegs, but I really don't need yet another sandtrooper at $8 a pop. Keep in mind that they're also selling the Ep.III clone on the CW card as well, so the average consumer will see that version of the clone on the other card for $7 or the vintage for $8 and go for the cheaper price. End result - no piggies on the pegs for me.

El Chuxter
01-19-2011, 11:19 PM
I call him that because he looks just like a friend of mine who's a pastor. More like my friend than any character I actually recall seeing in the movie.

JEDIpartner
01-20-2011, 12:36 PM

Yes, yes!! I too have noticed that there is an abundance of plain Clones from the ROTS wave clogging the pegs!!!

There are SO many of those, the AT-AT Commander, Wooof and the Endor Trooper on the pegs around here that there are no new orders coming in. If there are, it's one case and those are being bought up as soon as they go out.

I'm still really annoyed that the pigs are so freaking hard to find!!!

TheDarthVader
02-01-2011, 08:20 PM
I have not seen not one piggy around here. I am going to a secondary source for one more.

Snowtrooper
02-01-2011, 08:27 PM
I managed to snag another G Guard the other day in a place I didn't expect to. In another thread, I had kinda sworn off going to Shopko since they started charging $12.99 for a figure. For the hell of it, I decided to stop there and they had lowered their figure price to $8.99. I found the guard way in the back and decided that I'd pay that much even though $9 is still high. At the register, it rang up for $7.19. I guess they had some kind of sale going even though I didn't see any signs for it. A couple more of these and I'll be done with this wave.

bkusna
02-01-2011, 09:19 PM
nice....Haven't seen a GG for about 6 weeks now...

JEDIpartner
02-02-2011, 08:14 AM
I still haven't seen one.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Since this is now apparently the all-purpose "who's found a Gamorrean?" thread, I'll chime in to say that I found another one at Target - only my second, though I want several. The odd part was that it didn't look like they restocked at all, so perhaps it was hiding somewhere in the store.

Oh, and in general news, Entertainment Earth (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS97568C11) posted a listing for another wave 3 case coming in May. It'll have all the figures from this wave (including the piggy) as well as Wedge. Whether this turns out to be true or not, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

bigbarada
02-02-2011, 09:22 PM
I wonder if some of these instances of only one or two Wave 3 figures showing up are just instances of people returning the toys after they overspent themselves during the holidays.

sonofsokol
02-03-2011, 12:19 AM
Entertainment Earth has a listing for Wave 3 Revision 11 (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS97568C11)containing the following figures:
This Wave 3 Revision 11 case includes 12 individually packaged Star Wars action figures:
1x VC14 Sandtrooper
1x VC15 Clone Trooper (Ep3)
1x VC20 Yoda with Hover chair
1x VC21 Gamorrean Guard
1x VC22 Admiral Ackbar
1x VC23 Jedi Luke Skywalker
1x VC24 Skiff Guard - Wooof (Klaatu)
1x VC25 R2-D2 with lightsaber and drink tray
1x VC26 Rebel Commando
1x VC27 Wicket
1x VC28 Rebel Pilot Wedge Antilles
1x VC08 Darth Vader
(subject to change)

The link states that it is "coming in May 2011"

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-03-2011, 12:49 AM
The "hover chair" Yoda is just the normal one on the ROTS card, shipping now (the one delayed from the ROTJ wave).

autumnsdescent
02-03-2011, 08:16 AM

At a couple of my local Walmarts, store employees took it upon themselves to take the Vintage clone troopers and sand troopers and put them (still at regular price) next to the Tie Bomber (also at regular price) in the clearance section, thus freeing up the pegs for additional figs. Since this seemed like a good idea, I have helped other Walmart stores in my area follow suit by removing all of those same figures and placing them in the store's clearance isle. As a result, many Walmarts are replenishing all of Wave 2 from the back room. Doh!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-02-2011, 01:23 PM
With Wedge coming in the revision case for this wave soon, Sandtroopers (http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/hasbro/20110302/index.html) has carded and loose shots. Looks like they went with a different head entirely, but the likeness is somewhat off. That's presumably what took this guy so long to make it out.

El Chuxter
03-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Why was it again that they just didn't straight-up reissue the one from Target last year?

bigbarada
03-02-2011, 01:56 PM
The new head looks like a huge improvement to me. I'll definitely be picking this guy up. :)

El Chuxter
03-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Really? I'm not trying to be contrary here, but I think the Target one is a much better likeness, even if he does look a little depressed (maybe thinking about Porkins).

bigbarada
03-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Really? I'm not trying to be contrary here, but I think the Target one is a much better likeness, even if he does look a little depressed (maybe thinking about Porkins).

I've never seen the Target Wedge. I remember the early prototype photo of TVC Wedge and I didn't like that one, but this one looks fine. Keeping in mind that I've never been a huge stickler for perfect actor likenesses on 3.75" figures.

JediTricks
03-02-2011, 04:35 PM
With Wedge coming in the revision case for this wave soon, Sandtroopers (http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/hasbro/20110302/index.html) has carded and loose shots. Looks like they went with a different head entirely, but the likeness is somewhat off. That's presumably what took this guy so long to make it out.I thought Hasbro said it was the head design not working right with the neck peg, that it looked bad at the joint and didn't fit properly, so they took it back to fix.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-02-2011, 06:45 PM
I thought Hasbro said it was the head design not working right with the neck peg, that it looked bad at the joint and didn't fit properly, so they took it back to fix.

Well, I knew it had to do with the neck peg, but I only expected them to redo that part of it and keep the same overall head sculpt, so it was surprising to me.

morpheus282
04-10-2011, 10:42 PM
So I've pretty much given up on finding anything new in these parts for the next six months or so. I haven't seen a single new figure on the shelf since Christmas. Habit keeps me checking the pegs though, and a run through Target this weekend paid off. I walked by their Star Wars section and nearly wet myself when I found a single pig on the front of a peg. This was around 6 PM too, so it seems that luck was on my side this day.

Now if only I could score two more...

Darth Metalmute
05-05-2011, 08:38 PM
I saw General Lando this week at Target. Great looking figure. I'm probably going to regret passing on that one.

DarkJedi5
05-05-2011, 09:21 PM
I saw General Lando this week at Target. Great looking figure. I'm probably going to regret passing on that one.

Understandable mistake, but that's actually a wave 6 figure, which is a good sign because it means that there's some new stuff arriving in your area. If only I was so lucky.

Darth Metalmute
05-06-2011, 08:35 AM
Thats what had me confused. He was the only figure I haven't seen around here before. The others on the rack were ESB figures.

JEDIpartner
05-06-2011, 11:32 AM
I'm not going to find a Wedge figure. I can just tell. I'm not going to be able to get one online either. I'm sad.

morpheus282
05-06-2011, 11:48 AM
I'm not going to find a Wedge figure. I can just tell. I'm not going to be able to get one online either. I'm sad.

I really don't need another Wedge after getting the X-wing from Target. If I happen to run across one (not likely given the state of the pegs around here), I'd be glad to grab one and trade for a piggy. :)

JEDIpartner
05-06-2011, 12:57 PM
I really don't need another Wedge after getting the X-wing from Target. If I happen to run across one (not likely given the state of the pegs around here), I'd be glad to grab one and trade for a piggy. :)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Yeah... I never got one of those either.

morpheus282
05-06-2011, 01:03 PM
But you may run across a piggy before you find a Wedge... since I don’t need a Wedge I'm hoping the demand for him exceeds the demand for the pigs.

El Chuxter
05-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Understandable mistake, but that's actually a wave 6 figure, which is a good sign because it means that there's some new stuff arriving in your area. If only I was so lucky.

Thats what had me confused. He was the only figure I haven't seen around here before. The others on the rack were ESB figures.
The fact that a Wave 6 figure is hiting before Wave 3, and that Waves 1-2 have been rotting so long that someone doesn't recognize it and thinks it's a Wave 3 figure, well, that shows some serious issues on the part of Hasbro's distribution, don't it?

JEDIpartner
05-06-2011, 01:53 PM
But you may run across a piggy before you find a Wedge... since I don’t need a Wedge I'm hoping the demand for him exceeds the demand for the pigs.

OK... if I see two, I will pick one up for you. I still need to get one myself!!

Darth Metalmute
05-06-2011, 02:00 PM

It's sad how bad getting things online have become. The products available at Walmart, TRU, Target, etc are embarassing.

JEDIpartner
05-06-2011, 03:59 PM
It's sad how bad getting things online have become. The products available at Walmart, TRU, Target, etc are embarassing.

I know. It used to be easy to get things online and to even pre-order, but everyone is scrambling to get stuff there 'cos there's no use in looking at the brick and mortars!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Hmm. It's certainly taking a while for it all to get out there, and most Targets are sucking big-time in this area, but I haven't had an issue finding anything aside from wave 4 (of which I have everything except Padmé). Wave 5 and 6 keep popping up, and while the Gamorreans are hard to find, the abundance of the leftover figures from that wave indicate to me that stores got in several cases but they just sold really well. It might be that you're not going to enough stores, so take Obi-Wan's advice to R4-P17 and widen your range. :p

Mad Slanted Powers
05-06-2011, 08:34 PM
The Target here doesn't appear to have gotten anything in a long time. All I see there are a few Cloud Car Pilots, a couple Dengars and A couple 4-LOM's. Wal-Mart is loaded with ROTS clones and Legends and Clone Wars figures I already have. I did find a Stormtrooper at Fred Meyer the other day. Still several figures from the various waves I have yet to find.

JEDIpartner
05-20-2011, 10:09 AM
I hate that I am so stressed out about finding that Wedge figure. There are some up on Ebay, but the auctions are already nearing $50 for each figure!! That's insane!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-22-2011, 02:19 PM
At the Comic Con panel, Hasbro said that Wedge will be re-released next year. Hopefully this will make people calm down a bit.

morpheus282
10-03-2011, 10:26 PM
It's been a few weeks since I've had a chance to post, but I was going through Walmart about a month ago and saw they'd restocked. A quick persual of the wares showed not much other than troopers, but there was an R2-D2 and Ackbar that weren't there on my last visit so I kept looking. Down on the bottom I ran across a pig. That pig now resides in my collection and Walmart hasn't restocked since. I still haven't seen a Wedge or anything after wave 3 besides R-D4 at any local stores.