PDA

View Full Version : Wave 3 - Return of the Jedi

Pages : [1] 2

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-30-2010, 01:25 PM
Yakface (http://www.yakface.com/) posted a list of this wave's supposed contents.

1x Gamorrean Guard (21482)
1x Ackbar (21483)
1x Jedi Luke (21484)
1x Skiff Guard - Wooof (21485)
1x R2 with Pop-up Lightsaber & Drink Tray (21486)
1x Rebel Commando (21487)
1x Yoda with Hover Chair (21481)
1x Wicket & Kneesaa (21488)
1x Rebel Pilot (Wedge) (21489)
1x Clone Trooper (20833)
1x Sandtrooper (20832)
1x Darth Vader (97580)

Hasbro has already confirmed the Gamorrean, Ackbar, Luke, Wooof, Rebel Commando, AOTC Yoda, and Wedge. A new pop-up lightsaber R2-D2 would be fantastic. So would a new Wicket and Kneesa - but didn't they say they wouldn't be doing Ewok two-packs and wouldn't be producing characters from the original animations, especially not in realistic style? I hope this is true, but I'd also be fine with just a Wicket.

ChukhaTrok76
05-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Yes, they've DEFINATELY confirmed no Kneesaa recently. But I believe they also confirmed Wicket by himself on a single pack card. Hopefully it will be a new sculpt in line with the current Ewoks.

Devo
05-30-2010, 04:03 PM
Well we don't know if thats final but if it is are they intending to release sandtrooper and darth vader in every single wave?? We all know of their policy on Vader but whats with the obsession with the goddamn sandtrooper? I suppose get him out there for the first time on a vintage style card but in every wave? How about a STORMTROOPER? Y'know, the primary incarnation of imperial troop.

bigbarada
05-30-2010, 07:31 PM
but whats with the obsession with the goddamn sandtrooper? I suppose get him out there for the first time on a vintage style card but in every wave? How about a STORMTROOPER? Y'know, the primary incarnation of imperial troop.

Clean Sandtrooper - shoulder pauldron - backpack = Stormtrooper

bigbarada
05-30-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm not sure what to think about Wicket and Kneesa together on one card. Sure it would be great to get Kneesa in action figure form, but it's also going to ruin the look of Wicket's vintage card. How's that going to work since there are no realistic photos of Kneesa anywhere?

What are the chances that Kneesa is just a repainted wokling? Sure it's not accurate, but it's not outside the realm of possibility either.

DarkJedi5
05-30-2010, 09:28 PM
I'm excited for all of the new figures but there's no way they do an Ewok 2-pack. Ask JT to check if he's got a spare hour (cause it's gotta take at least that long to sift through all the Q&As) but I'm positive they've said no more Ewok 2-packs on the Vintage cards cause they're too small and I know they said no Kneesa cause LFL said it would have to be in animated style if they did it so they wouldn't. And there's no way they pack an animated figure with a realistic style figure.

figrin bran
05-30-2010, 09:55 PM
I'll be happy just with a Wicket!

If that Jedi Luke is just a repack, I'm definitely passing on it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-30-2010, 11:14 PM
I'll be happy just with a Wicket!

If that Jedi Luke is just a repack, I'm definitely passing on it.
Fear not, good sir:

Jedi-Business.com: Will Jedi Luke be re-released on a vintage card, and if so, will you make any changes to the figure?
Hasbro: There are indeed plans for a new Jedi Luke in the Vintage format, that addresses the issues that folks have had with the proportions of the chest among other tweaks. Look for him later this year, with the figure available for preview at Comic Con.

Here's the thing about no Kneesa:

DroidsAndEwoks.weebly.com: In the past you have said that you like some of the classic TV characters such as Princess Kneesaa and Proto One. Considering that you are scaling back on EU figures for the time being, combined with LFL's desire to have classic animated characters made in animated style, what would it take to get characters like these made in action figures? Could they be candidates for EU two packs (without comic) if you end up going that route?
Hasbro: There is virtually no chance that we'll be getting to these any time soon. We do not have plans to go back to any animated style figures that are not in the Animated Clone Wars, since these would be, in our opinion, target a more niche collecting interest than we would like to go after. We would feel more comfortable doing these in the realistic style, which would not consume a great deal of tooling. When Lucasfilm gave us the direction on animated-style only, it sealed our decision not pursue them.

And I can't find the two-pack answer right now, but I do remember that they said they'd be doing single-carded Ewoks in the Vintage Collection and trying to add more accessories to them to give them more value. So we'll see what happens.

bigbarada
05-30-2010, 11:18 PM
If it's just Wicket and a spear, I'd be perfectly happy with that. Anything extra is just gravy.

morpheus282
05-30-2010, 11:24 PM
Well we don't know if thats final but if it is are they intending to release sandtrooper and darth vader in every single wave?? We all know of their policy on Vader but whats with the obsession with the ***** sandtrooper? I suppose get him out there for the first time on a vintage style card but in every wave? How about a STORMTROOPER? Y'know, the primary incarnation of imperial troop.

But I like the sandtrooper....

I also have a small army of them with my AT-AT. Perhaps I'm the only one, but I think it's a way cooler design than the snowtrooper.

El Chuxter
05-31-2010, 12:55 AM
Not that I don't want a new Wicket, but I'd rather have Kneesa.

Carded Wedge? I won't believe it until I see it in stores. Even actual photos won't convince me until I see it in person.

Wooof is definitely cool, and I don't see how a Gamorrean couldn't be an improvement. (Hopefully he comes with a force pike as well as an axe.)

R2-D2 with drink tray... didn't we get that one? Rebel Commando is hopefully new.

And, though I've never thought he was the priority a lot of people believe he is, no way would I pass on a new Ackbar.

RamaSha
05-31-2010, 02:24 AM
Good line up. Can't wait for some of these. I just hope that when Woof is released he is named Klaatu on the card.

AmanaMatt
05-31-2010, 10:08 AM
This should be a great wave...several much needed re-dos and first time releases....

DarkArtist
05-31-2010, 10:48 AM
looking foward to seeing pics a SDCC. would love to see them in person at CV though.

this wave looks pretty good. I'm excited.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-31-2010, 03:20 PM
If it's just Wicket and a spear, I'd be perfectly happy with that. Anything extra is just gravy.Maybe they could include a small packet of gravy mix. They certainly weren't going to eat Han and Luke plain.

Devo
05-31-2010, 06:25 PM

....I just keep failing to anticipate that counter argument!

DarkJedi5
05-31-2010, 06:40 PM

Unless you display your stormtroopers from behind and don't like showing a big hole in their backs.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-02-2010, 12:54 PM
R2-D2 with drink tray... didn't we get that one?
They released an R2-D2 with drink tray in the original Saga line in 2004, and I'm reasonably happy with it. I'm more excited about the prospect of him coming with a more-accurate pop-up lightsaber. And this could very well be the new, even-more-accurate astromech droid mold, so I'm excited. For all I care, they could even just repack the drink tray.

Unless you display your stormtroopers from behind and don't like showing a big hole in their backs.
Well, if you actually wanted to do this, you could always set up the stormtroopers you already have with their backs facing the front, and then put the gearless sandtroopers facing forward elsewhere. But does anyone actually do that?

El Chuxter
06-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Gearless?

:confused:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Gearless?

:confused:
As in, take away the pauldron and backpack (ie, the gear) from the sandtrooper.

If it has no gear, then it is . . . uh . . . gearless.

El Chuxter
06-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Gotcha. For some reason, I thought of a mechanical gear when I read that and the other meaning didn't even click. :stupid:

Darth Metalmute
06-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Yakface (http://www.yakface.com/) posted a list of this wave's supposed contents.

1x Gamorrean Guard (21482)
1x Ackbar (21483)
1x Jedi Luke (21484)
1x Skiff Guard - Wooof (21485)
1x R2 with Pop-up Lightsaber & Drink Tray (21486)
1x Rebel Commando (21487)
1x Yoda with Hover Chair (21481)
1x Wicket & Kneesaa (21488)
1x Rebel Pilot (Wedge) (21489)
1x Clone Trooper (20833)
1x Sandtrooper (20832)
1x Darth Vader (97580)

What exactly is a hover chair and when was it in ROTJ?

Well we don't know if thats final but if it is are they intending to release sandtrooper and darth vader in every single wave?? We all know of their policy on Vader but whats with the obsession with the goddamn sandtrooper? I suppose get him out there for the first time on a vintage style card but in every wave? How about a STORMTROOPER? Y'know, the primary incarnation of imperial troop.

I'm sort of with Devo here. Except I would replace sand with clone. Why put a clone trooper in the ROTJ wave? Don't clone troopers have their own line in Clone Wars? I hope thats a typo.

Other than that, sounds like a cool wave.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Metalmute, as I explained in the AOTC thread, they're moving away from strictly movie-themed waves. I only put the titles as they are since the majority of the figures are from that source. Yoda's hover chair is the thing he rides on in AOTC while talking to Obi-Wan and Mace in the Jedi Temple hallway. The clone trooper is another example - it seems like it will be the figure from the ROTS wave, carried forward (just like how the sandtrooper is from the ROTS wave and Vader is from the ESB wave). They always carry forward more popular figures; it's nothing to get worried about.

dindae
06-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Gamorrean Guard, Woof,Wicket & Kneesaa, & Rebel Commando are definates. Ackbar, Jedi Luke, R2, and Wedge are likely. Yoda is doubtful. The rest not a chance really. I should probably downgrade Luke to doubtful but that is based on track record more than the potential of a figure I would buy.

ChukhaTrok76
06-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Okay, While I'm not doubting entirely the possibility of a Wicket/Kneesaa 2 pack, the latest Hasbro Q&A does not look hopeful.

Hasbro: Right now, no more Ewoks-themed characters are in the line-up past the ones that appear in the Star Tour set. Beyond that, the best chance for any (such as Chukha-Trok) would be if we could get them into a multi-figure Ewok set. Such a set was slated for this year as an exclusive, but it got cut. We are hopeful that it can get out eventually. We think Ewoks are a strong theme for future years, though, and we would like to get to updated EpVI Ewoks, new ones from EpVI, and additional ones from the Ewok movie as well if we can.

So, while I'd squeal like a girl if they did release a Wicket/Kneesaa pack, I doubt it. We can only hope, but I'd bet they'll release only a single of Wicket. And that might not be till 2011. :( But on a more hopeful note, Chukha-Trok is still in the running!

DarkJedi5
06-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Hasbro: Right now, no more Ewoks-themed characters are in the line-up past the ones that appear in the Star Tour set. Beyond that, the best chance for any (such as Chukha-Trok) would be if we could get them into a multi-figure Ewok set. Such a set was slated for this year as an exclusive, but it got cut. We are hopeful that it can get out eventually. We think Ewoks are a strong theme for future years, though, and we would like to get to updated EpVI Ewoks, new ones from EpVI, and additional ones from the Ewok movie as well if we can.

I think by "Ewok-themed" characters, they mean characters from the Ewoks movies or show, not Ewoks from ROTJ. I would be shocked if we don't see Wicket in this year's line-up (remember they're dumping the movie specific waves soon and so an ROTJ character could show up whenever).

ChukhaTrok76
06-09-2010, 02:12 AM
Ah. Now that I think about it, right you are. Yay Wicket! Maybe he'll come with his spear and his sling. :)

bigbarada
06-09-2010, 01:20 PM
I would be totally happy to buy Wicket on a card by himself. All Hasbro has to do is add in a couple of extra accessories and he's no worse of a deal than Hoth Leia.

El Chuxter
06-09-2010, 01:22 PM
I think it would be awesome--and I do mean awesome--if he came with one of those little fairy things from The Ewok Adventure. Maybe an interchangeable head or variant with the creepy human eyes.

ChukhaTrok76
06-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Haha! Wisties! But they'd be sooo small. I actually thought of making a Wistie or two out of resculpted H0 scale plastic children for train dioramas. Use sculpey to add wiings, and paint with glow in thwe dark paint. heh.

questorminator
06-13-2010, 05:57 AM
I hope they make a good Jedi Luke this time. For some reason, ROTJ Luke figures are mostly mediocre with the exception of the Luke figure in the Battle for Endor pack while the Death Star 2 Luke would've made the grade if not for its chest and legs.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-28-2010, 11:25 PM
Some news on the Wicket figure from Droids and Ewoks (http://droidsandewoks.weebly.com/index.html):

1) In recently revealed case assortment details, we see Wicket is listed as coming with Kneesaa - can you confirm this? If so, you'll be making many fans very happy. Did you include a second figure because collectors have previously stated that a single Ewok might not do well at retail because of its perceived value?
Answer: Unfortunately, Kneesaa was dropped due to some production issues; we did not replace Kneesaa with another figure. Instead, Wicket is comes with his movie version poncho as well as a version inspired by his animated series appearance. He is a very cool figure.
That's really too bad - I would have loved Kneesaa. Hopefully they'll get around to her in the future. At first when I read the question, I thought they meant they included two versions of Wicket - but it sounds like they included two hoods, one of which could be more like a poncho, as he wore in the show. Odd choice . . . but it'll at least be great to have a new Wicket.

bigbarada
06-29-2010, 07:35 PM
Some news on the Wicket figure from Droids and Ewoks (http://droidsandewoks.weebly.com/index.html):

That's really too bad - I would have loved Kneesaa. Hopefully they'll get around to her in the future. At first when I read the question, I thought they meant they included two versions of Wicket - but it sounds like they included two hoods, one of which could be more like a poncho, as he wore in the show. Odd choice . . . but it'll at least be great to have a new Wicket.

Yeah, I thought the same thing at first. Having a realistic and animated-style Wicket on the same card would be a very odd combination.

Anyways, now we have Chuhka-Trok and Kneesaa who are both waiting for their opportunity to be released. I guess Hasbro could just make Asha, pack in Chuhka-Trok, Kneesaa and Wicket, with his animated hood, and we'd have a decent multipack of the "Red Ghost" episode from the cartoon series. Maybe they could make a realistic-styled Dulok as well or Asha's wolf companion.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-20-2010, 01:32 PM
JediDefender (http://www.jedidefender.com/image.pl?http://www.jedidefender.com/collect92/wv3.jpg) has carded shots of the wave. Oddly, Yoda is still on a ROTJ card, despite being a ROTS-based figure. Also interesting that the Boba Fett sticker returns here after not being on the ROTS waves. I'm glad they used a new image for R2-D2 instead of going with the "blown up" one from the POTF2 version, which also had the pop-up lightsaber. And they're going with "Wooof" instead of "Klaatu," thankfully, but also going with just "Wicket" instead of the vintage "Wicket W. Warrick." These all look pretty sweet.

El Chuxter
08-20-2010, 01:52 PM
Aside from the electricity and saber, Yoda could pass as a ROTJ figure.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Aside from the electricity and saber, Yoda could pass as a ROTJ figure.
He'd need the belt, and maybe the flute, though. It's just odd that they went out of their way to make a ROTS Yoda and then put him on a ROTJ card.

El Chuxter
08-20-2010, 02:29 PM
All snarkiness aside, my guess would be they wanted to go for the nostalgia of the ROTJ card, but thought the ROTS Yoda would sell better, being more action-oriented.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-20-2010, 07:04 PM
All snarkiness aside, my guess would be they wanted to go for the nostalgia of the ROTJ card, but thought the ROTS Yoda would sell better, being more action-oriented.Hey, I have been demanding a Lay-in-Bed Feature Yoda for years. A mail-away for the recipe of rootleaf stew would be wizard (when 900 Jedi Master Points you compile, receive the steps you will not, hmm?)!

Snowtrooper
08-25-2010, 09:47 PM
Heres some carded images of the upcoming ROTJ wave. Lookin pretty good!!!

Snowtrooper
08-25-2010, 09:53 PM
And here's the rest.................................

Mad Slanted Powers
08-26-2010, 12:18 AM
Something about the Luke figure's face reminds me of Billy Corgan. Yoda looks like he is giving one of those "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis" faces.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-27-2010, 12:07 AM
R2 and Gammy are definite "gets," while Wooooooooooooooooooof and Wicket are maybes. Will likely pass on Ackbar Os, Wrong Scene Luke, Yoda, and Skinhead Commando.

AmanaMatt
08-27-2010, 09:34 AM
Passing on Ackbar is a crime, LOL.....get your head out of your prequel! ;)

Ok, in all seriousness, thanks to Snowtrooper for posting these HD pics

One of the few waves I am gonna get all - Luke is the least impressive, and the head on the Endor dude looks to have been created for the cartoon line, but all-in-all, very impressed.

Ackbar, Gammorean Guard, and Woof look absolutely killer. I cannot believe we are getting all three weapons for those Gammorean Guard. When Hasbro goes all out, they really do. Too bad it soo rare for them to do that.

R2 and Wicket look very good on card, and wickets one of the few Ewoks I have wanted a re-do on, so that rocks.

Jabbapalacespy
08-27-2010, 01:38 PM
When is this wave supposed to be in stores? January? :confused:

bigbarada
08-28-2010, 12:06 PM
When is this wave supposed to be in stores? January? :confused:

October or November.

bkusna
08-29-2010, 09:10 PM
October or November.
If we have to wait until November for this wave, the pegs will be full of bespin lukes, hoth hans, and boba fetts.....:cry:

El Chuxter
08-29-2010, 09:25 PM
I wouldn't worry about not finding new figures because of a glut of older stuff until at least next spring.

bkusna
09-07-2010, 12:19 AM
I don't know if TRU can keep getting the new waves first...$9.99 is just too much when you can go to the nearest Walmart and find cases of the new waves...In oklahoma, wave 2 was stocked at Walmart about a week after TRU, but Wave 1 showed up 6 weeks after TRU....what do you guys think? Still haven't seen a single wave 2 at any Targets around here (6 of them)

DarkArtist
09-17-2010, 11:31 AM
hard to say... i'm guessing TRU will put them out first. i haven't seen much of Wave 2 since it was released... only spotted Cody and the Clone Trooper along with a few UGH figures.

really want Darth Sidious and Anakin

Neuroleptic
09-17-2010, 01:03 PM
Target seems to not be able to sell any of there figures at the moment. Walmart however is selling the new vintage collection as fast as they get them here.

Neither place is selling legacy or clonewars very well though.

As for who gets it first? im hopeing my local wal mart gets them first on a day I just happen to be in the store. The two figures I'v been waiting a long long time for are both in wave 3 (New version of R2-D2 with pop up lightsaber and wicket).

Snowtrooper
09-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Target hasn't gotten wave 2 yet, at least as far as I know. There is plenty of room for the new wave since the old one has sold pretty well there.

WMs here are in a similiar situation. Legends and Clone Wars pegs are absolutely packed, while the Vintage pegs have plenty of room. Hope this sends a message to Hasbro, although its still early in the game.

AmanaMatt
09-18-2010, 10:11 AM
I saw wave 2 weeks ago at my local Target...irconically my local Walmart has yet to put out anything past wave 1

TheDarthVader
09-18-2010, 10:59 AM
There is no sign of wave 2 at my Target either. I don't know why. Walmart has plenty of wave two......I have no Toys R Us here so no comment on them.

mtriv73
09-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Whatever retailer is lowest on stock at the national or at least regional level and reorders first when wave 3 is released by Hasbro will put it out first. Since WM has the best price, they're probably selling the most and will burn through wave 2 fastest. So my prediction is wm.

bkusna
09-21-2010, 11:37 PM
Where is this wave???? come on TRU.....

El Chuxter
09-22-2010, 12:33 AM
You really are impatient, aren't you? Truth be told, my wallet is enjoying the reprieve.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-22-2010, 12:38 AM
It really hasn't even been that long. I got the ROTS wave starting just over two weeks ago, and have barely seen it around most places. It'll be here in time.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-22-2010, 12:44 AM
Yeah, I don't think I've even seen the ROTS wave at Target as their pegs are full of wave 1.

bkusna
09-22-2010, 07:35 AM
You really are impatient, aren't you? Truth be told, my wallet is enjoying the reprieve.
Here piggy, piggy......When it's pork......you can't wait

DarkArtist
09-22-2010, 08:34 AM
gotta agree with the waiting... i am also enjoying the wait in between waves and my wallet is enjoying it too.... I have still yet to find the ROTS wave except for the Clone Trooper and Cody (both passes in my book) so the thought of seeing the ROTJ wave already is nuts to me... I would rather the ROTS wave start seriously hitting now till end of October and then the ROTJ wave hit mid November thru December.

bkusna
09-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Actually, I have been waiting...I found wave 1 at TRU in June and wave 2 July 15th....I've spent the last TWO months buying snowtroopers....It's been 2 months, time for wave 3......I wonder what SAGA legends will ship out when wave 3 hits????? My walmart today had 15 pegs full of SAGA and no more room for anymore.....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Actually, I have been waiting...I found wave 1 at TRU in June and wave 2 July 15th....I've spent the last TWO months buying snowtroopers....It's been 2 months, time for wave 3......I wonder what SAGA legends will ship out when wave 3 hits????? My walmart today had 15 pegs full of SAGA and no more room for anymore.....
Huh? Looking at your posts in the wave 2 thread, you didn't find that wave until at least the end of August.

jedikiss
09-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Huh? Looking at your posts in the wave 2 thread, you didn't find that wave until at least the end of August.yeah, i was wondering same thing since july 15th was BEFORE the street date of early aug, most retail didnt put any vtc out until around aug 1st or so, and other finds of wave 2 didnt post until end of aug on several sites. I didnt find rots until sept 1st locally and saw 1 or 2 online shops w/ them newly listed a day or 2 before i saw them at my wm.

Now i did find cw wv2 around mid august at a couple wms wm, seen one wm restock cw wv1 and legends since and the other wm restocked rots and legends since finding both wv 2's.

bkusna
09-22-2010, 04:20 PM
Good news....my local TRU said wave 3 should be hitting here in OKLAHOMA anytime now and that they are preparing an ENTIRE store inside their store just for star wars with an emphasis on vintage....I don't know why we get stuff so soon....probably because there is nothing else to do around these parts:thumbsup:

bkusna
09-22-2010, 04:33 PM
yeah, i was wondering same thing since july 15th was BEFORE the street date of early aug, most retail didnt put any vtc out until around aug 1st or so, and other finds of wave 2 didnt post until end of aug on several sites. I didnt find rots until sept 1st locally and saw 1 or 2 online shops w/ them newly listed a day or 2 before i saw them at my wm.

Now i did find cw wv2 around mid august at a couple wms wm, seen one wm restock cw wv1 and legends since and the other wm restocked rots and legends since finding both wv 2's.

I must have been drowning in snowtroopers and lost my mind...I did find wave 1 at the end of june and the 1st week of july (well before the aug.6th street date) and wave 2 in Aug....the good news is TRU confirmed wave 3 here anytime now...yippeee

bigbarada
09-26-2010, 01:04 AM
I find it odd and a little disconcerting that EntertainmentEarth.com doesn't seem to have wave 3 up for pre-order on their site yet. Especially considering how wave 2 was up for pre-order way back in May of this year. So I have a hard time believing that it will be showing up "any day now."

Mvader91
09-26-2010, 12:16 PM
yeah, i was wondering same thing since july 15th was BEFORE the street date of early aug, most retail didnt put any vtc out until around aug 1st or so, and other finds of wave 2 didnt post until end of aug on several sites. I didnt find rots until sept 1st locally and saw 1 or 2 online shops w/ them newly listed a day or 2 before i saw them at my wm.

:p Here in Indy they showed up at toys r us on July 1st. There was alot of scuttlebutt about 'the street date" being violated. I say hey the sooner the better?

bkusna
09-29-2010, 05:39 PM
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS19537&mode=retailI'll find them sooner than november...

bkusna
09-29-2010, 05:59 PM
this case revision has TWO little piggies.....http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS19536&mode=retail

***pre-order for the piggy is already SOLD OUT****

bkusna
09-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Or you could get this 7 figure packhttp://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS19538&mode=retail

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-29-2010, 08:25 PM
Entertainment Earth (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?searchfield=HS97568C) has revealed that there will be 11 different case assortments for this wave, each doubling up on a different figure, with each figure getting double duty in one case each. What's noteworthy is that Yoda is nowhere to be seen. Perhaps he's been postponed for a more proper ROTS card? And then there's a listing for Anakin Skywalker. Given that other figures from the first two waves are being carried forward here, it's possible that it's just the ROTS one. But there was the AOTC Evolutions mold on display as a basic figure at Comic Con, so that's another possibility. Hmm.

bkusna
09-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Entertainment Earth (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?searchfield=HS97568C) has revealed that there will be 11 different case assortments for this wave, each doubling up on a different figure, with each figure getting double duty in one case each. What's noteworthy is that Yoda is nowhere to be seen. Perhaps he's been postponed for a more proper ROTS card? And then there's a listing for Anakin Skywalker. Given that other figures from the first two waves are being carried forward here, it's possible that it's just the ROTS one. But there was the AOTC Evolutions mold on display as a basic figure at Comic Con, so that's another possibility. Hmm.
Why does EVERY assortment contain a Darth Vader!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!he's been peg warming since JUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bkusna
09-29-2010, 11:38 PM
Wave 3 case includes 12 individually packaged Star Wars action figures:
1x Anakin Skywalker
1x Sandtrooper
1x Clone Trooper (Episode III)
1x Gamorrean Guard
1x Admiral Ackbar
1x Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight)
1x Skiff Guard Wooof (Klaatu)
1x R2-D2 with Lightsaber and Drink Tray
1x Rebel Commando
1x Wicket the Ewok
2x Darth Vader

Can't wait for that first assortment of WAVE 3....darth vader x2....Hasbro wants all of the pegs full of vaders so there will be no room for the PIG :(:(

DarkJedi5
10-01-2010, 07:28 PM
I got an email from Brian's Toys saying they don't expect to ship this wave before December 15th. Ouch. I'm really hoping that's just a very conservative estimate, otherwise it's gonna be a bit of a wait. Especially considering that this is the wave I am the most excited about from the Vintage line (that's been revealed so far anyway).

Jayspawn
10-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Maybe they'll leak into stores before December. Would be nice. I'm all about the Ackbar.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Maybe they'll leak into stores before December. Would be nice. I'm all about the Ackbar.Watch out, it might be a trap.

bigbarada
10-03-2010, 04:38 AM
No matter how much I want these figures, I just can't bring myself to pre-order this wave. Mainly because of the horrible experiences that I've had with pre-orders in the past.

I just know that if I spend $100 pre-ordering the wave, then I'm going to find them in the store long before the pre-ordered figures come in; but I won't be able to buy as many as I want because I've already spent $100 pre-ordering the wave.

However, I WILL get my hands on at least one Gamorrean Guard and one Wooof before the year is out (assuming that they are actually released this year). I don't care if I have to pay $25 for each of them, I will get at least those two figures.

Devo
10-04-2010, 07:06 PM
That happened to me once on an ANH wave that I totally wasn't expecting my local to get. This time though I have more confidence as I've seen none of the Vintage line figures in store here in Ireland - only the vehicles.....and the usual Saga legends and Clone wars junk. But even if it did happen this wave is full of useful figures that having multiples of wouldn't be a bad thing.

Blue2th
10-04-2010, 07:37 PM
I've had same thing happen to me. Pre-order a case online, wait, wait, see them at a local retail store for a lot cheaper, but not buy them because I have a case of them on order, wait some more. Never again.

The only time I pre-order a case (when I have the money) is at the end of a series when chances are you don't even see the last wave at retail. I highly recommend ordering a case or you might miss out getting the last figures completely. This is why I almost missed the last BAD EU wave, and the reason I missed out on the last two Clone Wars red card waves which many people also did. I'm still mad at myself for that, and irked Hasbro won't re-issue them. (yet)

I wouldn't worry too much about not finding any of the TVC figures for a while, till they discontinue them, then it's a scramble to get the last ones.

DarkJedi5
10-05-2010, 01:49 AM
I preorder all the time but if I see the entire wave in stores before my preorder ships then I just buy it an cancel the order. It's almost never an issue if the preorder hasn't shipped and if it can't be canceled then I can just take the wave back to whereever I got it.

bkusna
10-05-2010, 09:05 AM
With 11 case assortments, this wave will be everywhere nov-dec.....So we will all have the opportunity to get WHATEVER we want...No other waves are slated until 2011 so this is it....No worries because I bet by Dec 15th the pig will be sitting on shelves....

Haljordanist
10-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Hello everyone! This is my debut post, so I'll try and make it as astounding as humanly possible!

The ROTJ wave is the wave I'm definitely most looking forward to, and as some have put it, I'm also appreciative of the time between waves. Another factor that is making it easy for me is the recycling of figures. So, unless it's an amazing version of a figure, I'll pass, and if it's not a figure that was among the original 79, I don't care to own a carded version.

-J

jedibear
10-16-2010, 08:54 AM
Welcome, Haljordanist!

Yes, I'm looking forward to a few of the figures in this wave...

Of course, Gammy is the big one, but the updated Ackbar and Wicket look good and the "Wooof" or whatever he's called (the real vintage figure was "Klaatu") is also a must-have for me...

bkusna
10-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Hello everyone! This is my debut post, so I'll try and make it as astounding as humanly possible!

The ROTJ wave is the wave I'm definitely most looking forward to, and as some have put it, I'm also appreciative of the time between waves. Another factor that is making it easy for me is the recycling of figures. So, unless it's an amazing version of a figure, I'll pass, and if it's not a figure that was among the original 79, I don't care to own a carded version.

-J
Welcome to the GREATEST forum in the galaxy......with 11 case assortments slated for the holiday season, I expect this wave to be produced in MASS quantities....There will be enough for everyone....even army builders!!!!! It's the only new wave until 2011...

TheDarthVader
10-20-2010, 11:04 PM
When are these due to hit stores?

mtriv73
10-21-2010, 08:57 AM
November, so if the rots wave sells through they could start showing up any time in the next month.

DarkArtist
10-21-2010, 09:37 AM

-J

Welcome Aboard Haljordanist!!! This is by far one of the greatest SW forums ever created and has a rich community of fans that all share the same feeling about a beloved saga of movies that started way back in 1977...

I'm guessing the ROTJ wave should be hitting soon, within the next couple of weeks since we are rapidly approaching the Holiday shopping season... I for one can't wait to get the complete set... defiantely looking forward to getting both the Luke and R2 as well as Ackbar and Gam Guard... bring them on Hasbro the fans are drooling over these figures and ready to open their wallets for them.:thumbsup:

bkusna
10-21-2010, 03:39 PM
One step closer....showing up on ebay......http://www.jedidefender.com/image.pl?http://www.jedidefender.com/news/images/1-08/010TVC_Wave3R2D2Loose01_Full.jpg

Maerj2000
10-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Does anyone know, is Bib Fortuna planned for a Vintage Collection release in the near future? If not, what was the best version of him.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-23-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm not sure on Vintage version, but there have pretty much just been two versions. The POTF2 version (http://www.rebelscum.com/POTF2bibfortuna.asp) (also repainted in the OTC line (http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC31bibfortuna.asp), and the TSC version (http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC003bibfortuna.asp). I can't recall for sure if either of these appeared in any multipacks. I don't see him listed on the Rebelscum checklist (http://www.rebelscum.com/CH-TVC.asp), which also includes rumors.

Maerj2000
10-23-2010, 04:10 PM
Wow, thank you very much! It looks like the Saga Collection version is the one to get. After setting up the new Jabba with all of his henchmen I've found myself Bib Fortuna-less. Most of my carded figs are boxed away, so I'll have to snag another one. Thanks again for the info.

bkusna
10-27-2010, 07:21 AM
Will there be a new SAGA legends wave released with WAVE 3?????:hurt:

mtriv73
10-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Will there be a new SAGA legends wave released with WAVE 3?????:hurt:

They're separate SKU's. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

bkusna
10-27-2010, 05:42 PM
They're separate SKU's. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.
I was mainly asking if Hasbro is releasing any NEW saga legends in NOvember-dec?????????

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-27-2010, 05:55 PM
I was mainly asking if Hasbro is releasing any NEW saga legends in NOvember-dec?????????
Nope, they're not. It's the same batch from here through the first bit of 2011.

bkusna
10-27-2010, 10:41 PM
Nope, they're not. It's the same batch from here through the first bit of 2011.
I hope they stop stocking the legends then....Most of my walmarts are 10 pegs deep with these...Need more pegs for wave 3......

bkusna
11-08-2010, 03:43 PM
again it's found at TRU in Arizona....So ALL you haters that doubted it's release tomorrow, You might just miss out
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&hash=item2a0bb4f353&item=180585034579&nma=true&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&si=3ZMfGj6Axqi14x8edU0qvhE5m2U%253D

**Also found in Indiana*** who's going hunting tomorrow now......??????

bigbarada
11-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Where does it say it was found at a TRU? :confused:

Also, the auctions from the seller in Indiana are pre-orders. So he doesn't actually have the figures in hand.

bkusna
11-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Where does it say it was found at a TRU? :confused:

Also, the auctions from the seller in Indiana are pre-orders. So he doesn't actually have the figures in hand.
Other forums reported that the seller picked them up at TRU and he sold them on Ebay for $16.99 within minutes of posting them...He definitely didn't get a pre-order case because he only had a few figures for sale....TOMORROW WILL BE MAGICAL!!!!!!

bigbarada
11-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Other forums reported that the seller picked them up at TRU and he sold them on Ebay for $16.99 within minutes of posting them...He definitely didn't get a pre-order case because he only had a few figures for sale....TOMORROW WILL BE MAGICAL!!!!!!

Oh, okay, so it's just hearsay. There's no actual evidence that he bought them from a TRU.

bkusna
11-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Oh, okay, so it's just hearsay. There's no actual evidence that he bought them from a TRU.
The pessimism here is outrageous....We've waited this long and they FINally show up in ARIZONA and you still are not satisfied....should be chompin at the bit since it's here in the US!!!!! :love:

bigbarada
11-08-2010, 06:32 PM
The pessimism here is outrageous....We've waited this long and they FINally show up in ARIZONA and you still are not satisfied....should be chompin at the bit since it's here in the US!!!!! :love:

You start this thread calling us all "haters" because we were skeptical on your prediction of the arrival of wave 3, then you're surprised that you got a negative reaction out of that? Seriously, how old are you?

Anyways, I hope you are right, I would love to see some new figures tomorrow. However, TRU and Target are both a 1-hour drive from my house; so with three days until payday for me, I have to wonder if it's worth spending close to $30 on a tank of gas just to get to TRU tomorrow and risk finding the pegs still filled with waves 1 and 2.

I think it's best to save my money so I have more to spend when these figures actually show up at Walmart. It's not like these are retailer exclusives, they'll all be plentiful soon enough.

Neuroleptic
11-08-2010, 08:45 PM
again it's found at TRU in Arizona....So ALL you haters that doubted it's release tomorrow, You might just miss out
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&hash=item2a0bb4f353&item=180585034579&nma=true&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&si=3ZMfGj6Axqi14x8edU0qvhE5m2U%253D

**Also found in Indiana*** who's going hunting tomorrow now......??????

That's nice. I don't doubt the figures are showing up somewhere tomorow, since that's about when the cards at toy fair said they'd show up.

But, TRU isn't Target or Walmart, which are the only two stores for a 50 mile radius that sell star wars figures here in Kansas. Then there's the problem with how much of the merchendise needs to actualy move for them to be stocked here baring a new side stack or end cap, and that's if they don't get stocked with wave two again.

I'm not worried about missing out on the figures as it's the only wave coming out between now and next year. So even if I do happen to miss them asuming they actualy even show up here, I know I'll eventualy see them anyway.

You know, I find the lable "Hater" to be disrespectfull and rather rude. I prefer the title "Healthy Sceptic", personaly :twisted:

Don't get me wrong, I do plan to look tomorow, but only because I'll be in town anyway. But with the exception of total re-sets for the line (which are usualy a week to two weeks behind the rest of the country) I'm not going to hold my breath as most waves just don't hit the shelves here until a month after they've been released.

So, it's nothing personal. I'm just tired of getting my hopes up then finding nothing for a month or two.

bkusna
11-08-2010, 09:30 PM
The "Haters" comment was directed to all those who post nothing useful for weeks and then come on and "doubt" the arrival of WAVE 3....I'm doing a service for all those who can't or don't want to scan all the forums to get the scoop....We need more optimism here...

DarkJedi5
11-09-2010, 08:38 AM
So did people find anything? If so, I'll make a Target run this morning, if not... forget it (my Targets are always behind anyway).

plasticfetish
11-09-2010, 10:53 AM
So... seeing as how I check my e-mail this morning and see four "reported posts" concerning what's going on in this thread (two from bkusa) anyone think maybe we should just close it? Or is there a chance that you guys could perhaps ignore the "thread" you hate so much instead?

Snowtrooper
11-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Yakface was reporting that StarWarsShop had wave 3 actually in stock. But the link is now broken so it appears that it sold out almost instantaneously.

Neuroleptic
11-09-2010, 11:06 AM
So did people find anything? If so, I'll make a Target run this morning, if not... forget it (my Targets are always behind anyway).

Went to both walmart and target this morning and saw exactly what I didn't want to see. Yes, there are great sales at both places, and yes, they even re-stocked.

Unfortunately, they cramed the shelves with wave 2 for everything which is what nearly all of us have here. By this point, I'm willing to bet anyone who wanted any figures up through wave 2 has them already in my area and that they are probably just going to sit on the shelves even whith the great prices. :mad:

Mvader91
11-09-2010, 05:05 PM
:tired:Spoiler alert!!!!! Hit three targets!....No wave 3. What a surprise! Like most who have been collecting since 95 and sooner, we've never seen a chain store announce or release one single wave nationally. The only time waves are release mass is the initial release. So maybe bkusna can take a lesson from this. We all hoped it to be true, we all realize though, highly unlikely as today proves.:p

bigbarada
11-09-2010, 06:10 PM
No signs of wave 3 here either. There's no such thing as a hard release date for toys, there never has been. Anyone who has been paying attention to the industry for any length of time would know that.

Now, before someone asks "what about street dates?" those only exist for the initial wave of a new assortment and usually correspond with some major media event. Plus, the street date isn't the day that the merchandise arrives at the local stores, it's simply the day that those stores are allowed to start selling it. Usually the figures will start to show up days, even weeks, before the street date, but the stores just hold them in the warehouse until they are allowed to put them out on the sales floor.

bkusna
11-09-2010, 06:35 PM
other forums have reported wave 3 being found at Target (mulitple locations) unfortunately not here in Oklahoma yet...also, online retailers have just shipped all the pre-order wave 3 cases.....just a matter of days now....
here's their posts "Just got my shipment notification from BBTS. They always seem to get the ROTJ wave first!!!! Can't wait"
"I scored a set at Target this afternoon when I went to go get Call of Duty: Black Ops"

bigbarada
11-09-2010, 06:45 PM
other forums have reported wave 3 being found at Target (mulitple locations) unfortunately not here in Oklahoma yet...also, online retailers have just shipped all the pre-order wave 3 cases.....just a matter of days now....

I've read all those same reports and if history repeats itself, I can expect them to show up at my Walmart within 2-3 weeks. However, I've still been checking for signs of wave 3 every day since October and I'll continue to check until I find them. I can't hold stuff in the back of the store without risking my job, but I do get the opportunities to see what's on the pallets at the start of the night and I usually check the toy aisle at my midnight break, my 2 AM lunch and at 7 AM after my shift is over.

Hopefully this won't be like last year's ROTJ wave which seemed to skip Walmart completely and only showed up at Target.

bkusna
11-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Well, good luck to you and I hope your efforts pay off :thumbsup:....I went to 3 Targets and 2 walmarts today and no luck:cry:...The pegs here in Oklahoma are empty like something's coming.....sale or not

bkusna
11-09-2010, 06:57 PM
here's the latest from scottsdale "got entire wave minus wicket and atrt wit boil at target in north scottsdale. major score!! "

"I have this sudden, overwhelming compulsion to get in my car and hit every Target within 20 miles"

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g310/echoplex420247/Star%20Wars/IMG_0202.jpg

bkusna
11-09-2010, 09:57 PM
found in Vegas at TARGET
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g310/echoplex420247/Star%20Wars/IMG_0201.jpg
So yes, Tuesday was the release date

some cards are unpunched fresh from the case

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-10-2010, 12:26 AM
Interesting that two unrelated guys from Arizona and Nevada would both arrange their figures on the exact same carpet in the exact same configuration, even going so far as to overlap the cardbacks in the exact same ways.

bkusna
11-10-2010, 12:54 AM
Interesting that two unrelated guys from Arizona and Nevada would both arrange their figures on the exact same carpet in the exact same configuration, even going so far as to overlap the cardbacks in the exact same ways.

What's weird is that 3 days ago I posted that Target (not walmart or TRU) would get wave 3 today...and now my prediction came to fruition...now that's weird :lipsrsealed:...BTW those photos were from the same guy out in Vegas from Target....ask BigBarada, he's reading the same forums I am.....

photo of the cardback...http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g310/echoplex420247/Star%20Wars/IMG_0205.jpg

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-10-2010, 01:11 AM
That Wedge card is pretty spiffy. Too bad he won't be out for a while - same thing with Yoda, even though we have even less info on why he's delayed.

bkusna
11-10-2010, 01:15 AM
That Wedge card is pretty spiffy. Too bad he won't be out for a while - same thing with Yoda, even though we have even less info on why he's delayed.
I know what you mean....can't wait to get my hands on these...I'll probably just stare at them for hours before I open them:bandit:

rickantel
11-10-2010, 02:47 AM
I've read all those same reports and if history repeats itself, I can expect them to show up at my Walmart within 2-3 weeks. However, I've still been checking for signs of wave 3 every day since October and I'll continue to check until I find them. I can't hold stuff in the back of the store without risking my job, but I do get the opportunities to see what's on the pallets at the start of the night and I usually check the toy aisle at my midnight break, my 2 AM lunch and at 7 AM after my shift is over.

Hopefully this won't be like last year's ROTJ wave which seemed to skip Walmart completely and only showed up at Target.
hey u work at wallie world too me too lol {:sad:its so fun:rolleyes:} i work 4-12 shift stockmen what you do man

gooeychicken
11-10-2010, 04:30 AM
I found this wave while looking for MU figs at a Kmart. They only had these 4 figs though, the rest of the peg was crammed with the Jodo Kast figure. I was there just the day before and they didnt have them so im assuming the rest of the wave is in the back somewhere in that store, i really want R2

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/gooeychicken/?action=view&current=1109000947.jpg

bkusna
11-10-2010, 07:16 AM
I found this wave while looking for MU figs at a Kmart. They only had these 4 figs though, the rest of the peg was crammed with the Jodo Kast figure. I was there just the day before and they didnt have them so im assuming the rest of the wave is in the back somewhere in that store, i really want R2

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/gooeychicken/?action=view&current=1109000947.jpg

Nice haul Gooey!!!!!!:thumbsup:

El Chuxter
11-10-2010, 11:26 AM
None of the stores near me got the memo.

Popasdei
11-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Nothing. :cry:

bkusna
11-10-2010, 05:20 PM
nothing here in oklahoma...ALL reports so far are from Cali, Vegas, and Az.....

Popasdei
11-10-2010, 07:38 PM
we had entire new clone wars wave at our walmart however when I asked the employee if they had any of the vintage ones in the back she looked at me, sighed, then said "no", then walked away. Good old walmart :thumbsup:

bigbarada
11-10-2010, 07:41 PM
we had entire new clone wars wave at our walmart however when I asked the employee if they had any of the vintage ones in the back she looked at me, sighed, then said "no", then walked away. Good old walmart :thumbsup:

There are good employees and bad employees in every organization. Did you try asking another associate? Usually, I find the midnight associates are a little more friendly and cooperative (and I'm not just saying that because I am one).

Popasdei
11-10-2010, 07:46 PM
There are good employees and bad employees in every organization. Did you try asking another associate? Usually, I find the midnight associates are a little more friendly and cooperative (and I'm not just saying that because I am one).

Nah I just left and went to my Target, and then 3 different Walmarts to find absolutly nothing either... Sad day... I'm going to stop hunting till December and hope they're ready for me then... :cry:

bkusna
11-10-2010, 10:53 PM
Loose photo....http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd14/sergeant_ook/Toys/tvc_wave3_rotj02.jpg

jonthejedi
11-11-2010, 04:16 AM
It's just a matter of time...the wave is moving ever east...it may be days now, instead of weeks. I just don't won't to go hunting around Black Friday.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Loose photo....http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd14/sergeant_ook/Toys/tvc_wave3_rotj02.jpgAnd all of those have names or sounds that'd sound funny:
[cue scream falling inside Cloud City]
Woof!
Grunt!
Ack! bar
[cue any shot-by-a-laser scream]
Mini grunt!

Those six look quite nice; I'll try to find some of these today, perhaps. [edit: nothing out there in my neck o' the woods today]

Popasdei
11-11-2010, 11:54 AM
I think I most excited about Wicket and Ackbar! I'm going to try another Walmart and Toys R Us today...

WISH ME LUCK lol

bkusna
11-11-2010, 12:14 PM
I think I most excited about Wicket and Ackbar! I'm going to try another Walmart and Toys R Us today...

WISH ME LUCK lol

GOOD LUCK homie!!!! I struck out again today.....:cry:

jonthejedi
11-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Nothing in Md. yet...at least near me; hit 4 Targets.

bigbarada
11-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Went to the Target, TRU, and K-Mart in Springfield, IL today.... no sign of wave 3 whatsoever.

I was going to go to the Walmart there, but I missed my exit on the highway and didn't really feel like turning around.

Popasdei
11-11-2010, 05:32 PM
What's weird is that 3 days ago I posted that Target (not walmart or TRU) would get wave 3 today...and now my prediction came to fruition...now that's weird :lipsrsealed:...BTW those photos were from the same guy out in Vegas from Target....ask BigBarada, he's reading the same forums I am.....

photo of the cardback...http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g310/echoplex420247/Star%20Wars/IMG_0205.jpg

Any word on when Wedge and Yoda release dates or what wave?

bigbarada
11-11-2010, 07:08 PM
hey u work at wallie world too me too lol {:sad:its so fun:rolleyes:} i work 4-12 shift stockmen what you do man

I work the 10PM-7AM overnight shift. My main job is stocking the 97 Wall; but I sometimes work in the dairy and frozen food sections too.

Popasdei
11-11-2010, 07:10 PM
eBay find for entire wave if anyone wanted to buy it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Vintage-Collection-Lot-7-Wave-3-ROTJ-2010-/180586386714?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0bc9951a

I wanna find my own...

but I hate waiting... I'm going to Target tomorrow and asking my buddy there to look in the warehouse or figure out when they'll be coming to Iowa.

Popasdei
11-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Heres a better link to the eBay finds I guess

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=2010+vintage+rotj

bigbarada
11-11-2010, 07:19 PM
What's weird is that 3 days ago I posted that Target (not walmart or TRU) would get wave 3 today...and now my prediction came to fruition...now that's weird :lipsrsealed:...

Now which prediction came true? Was it this one:

I'll find them sooner than november...

Or this one:

TOMORROW WILL BE MAGICAL!!!!!!

Or maybe even this prediction:

I went to 3 Targets and 2 walmarts today and no luck:cry:...

Oh, wait, that's not your prediction, it's what actually happened. :p

El Chuxter
11-11-2010, 07:55 PM
BigBarada doesn't live in the LA area and probably doesn't check the LA Just Found thread where JT posted that.

Didn't see any wave 3 in my travels today, but finally got myself a Magnaguard.

bkusna
11-11-2010, 08:13 PM
BigBarada doesn't live in the LA area and probably doesn't check the LA Just Found thread where JT posted that.

Didn't see any wave 3 in my travels today, but finally got myself a Magnaguard.

My ADHD allows me to scan the entire continent...:razz:
cool loose photo of jedi luke http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/watermark.php?file=178920

Neuroleptic
11-11-2010, 08:29 PM
I don't want to see 1 more post about who said what and etc. filling up these threads, this is beyond childish schoolyard nonsense. Enough of it, it stops now.
Mods....go get him!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought what said when.

bkusna
11-11-2010, 09:15 PM
here piggy, piggy
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd14/sergeant_ook/Toys/tvc_gamorrean04.jpg

Popasdei
11-11-2010, 09:32 PM
ITS A TRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

I feel like I have to see a picture of loose Ackbar. So I can keep saying that over and over!

Popasdei
11-12-2010, 08:22 AM
So has anyone here on the forum actually found wave 3???

If not I declare a race for first person to get entire wave! and post a picture with not just the carded figures you have to have a thumbs up in the picture! :thumbsup:

3!!!!

2!!!

1!!!

GOOOOOOOO!!!

Mister Roboto
11-12-2010, 09:50 AM

If not I declare a race for first person to get entire wave! and post a picture with not just the carded figures you have to have a thumbs up in the picture! :thumbsup:

3!!!!

2!!!

1!!!

GOOOOOOOO!!!

What if we don't want the entire wave? Completists are a dying breed.

Mvader91
11-12-2010, 11:32 AM
:thumbsup:

If not I declare a race for first person to get entire wave! and post a picture with not just the carded figures you have to have a thumbs up in the picture!

3!!!!

2!!!

1!!!

GOOOOOOOO!!!
:thumbsup: Just found it today no pics came straight to work. Bkusna was close! I gotta tell ya though, that guy brings alot to the table when it comes to info!:grin:

Bel-Cam Jos
11-12-2010, 12:03 PM

3!!!!

2!!!

1!!!

GOOOOOOOO!!!I saw them at two different Targets today and bought five figs. I passed on Luke and Rebel Commando; didn't see Wedge or Yoda for some strange reason. ;) I also bought a small can of WD-40 and a 3-way lightbulb. Oh, my thumbs-up was blocked by the camera flash. :thumbsup: And I didn't get the whole wave, so the contest continues! :D

Mvader91
11-12-2010, 01:19 PM
I saw them at two different Targets today and bought five figs. I passed on Luke and Rebel Commando; didn't see Wedge or Yoda for some strange reason. ;) I also bought a small can of WD-40 and a 3-way lightbulb. Oh, my thumbs-up was blocked by the camera flash. :thumbsup: And I didn't get the whole wave, so the contest continues! :D
:p I got the whole wave, at work didn't have time for pics though! Awesome wave they all look great!

bkusna
11-12-2010, 03:44 PM
:thumbsup:
:thumbsup: Just found it today no pics came straight to work. Bkusna was close! I gotta tell ya though, that guy brings alot to the table when it comes to info!:grin:

Thanks man, I try to contribute to this forum any info I have to help others:thumbsup:

bkusna
11-12-2010, 04:23 PM
For all you pallet-jackers out there......The ROTJ cases are marked as Wave 4.5.
Good Luck stock room raiders!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Slicker
11-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Do you see the quote button? If so then look at the icon directly to it's right. That's called a "multi quote" button. Try using it.

bigbarada
11-12-2010, 07:19 PM
For all you pallet-jackers out there......The ROTJ cases are marked as Wave 4.5.
Good Luck stock room raiders!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Which is odd, because we had 3 cases of wave 2 in the warehouse the last time I checked and there was no wave designation on the outside of the case at all. They were just labeled as 'Action Figures Star Wars Vintage Collection' (or something along those lines) with the UPC numbers directly above it. I had to actually cut open one of the cases to see that they were in fact wave 2.

Do you see the quote button? If so then look at the icon directly to it's right. That's called a "multi quote" button. Try using it.

The MultiQuote Button: nemesis of post-padders everywhere! :D

jamesbondo07
11-12-2010, 07:20 PM
I saw them at two different Targets today and bought five figs. I passed on Luke and Rebel Commando; didn't see Wedge or Yoda for some strange reason. ;) I also bought a small can of WD-40 and a 3-way lightbulb. Oh, my thumbs-up was blocked by the camera flash. :thumbsup: And I didn't get the whole wave, so the contest continues! :D

I found all of the wave except Yoda and Wedge as well. Good wave from what I can tell. Luke is generic and the Rebel Commando seems to be short compared to other figures.

Slicker
11-12-2010, 08:05 PM
The MultiQuote Button: nemesis of post-padders everywhere! :DGNT's greatest enemy. :p

Neuroleptic
11-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Found some of these on the shelf of this wave at target. Picked up Mr. Pork Chop, Wicket, and Luke. Hopeing to get 2 of R2, and one more Wicket. I passed on Ackbar, Woofoo (SP?) and the rebel trooper, but only because I didn't have anywhere they'd really fit into my collection. All of em are awsome looking figures though.

bkusna
11-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Found 2 sets tonight at Target, all hanging on the pegs and punched.....gonna open all of them...Can't wait to feed my old POTF pigs to the Rancor :yes:

Bring on wave 4!!!! just kidding.....still need my pig army

Neuroleptic
11-13-2010, 09:14 AM
I found Wicket unpunched. His card back has a slight crease, but because I think this is not going to be easy to find, I'm probably going to keep this one in the package even if I find a better card back that's uncreased but punched because it goes better with my vintage collection figures.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-13-2010, 02:28 PM
For those of you finding unpunched cardbacks - where in the store are you seeing them? I mean, I assume they're not on the pegs, for the obvious reason. Are they in Target's endcap thing, or what?

bkusna
11-13-2010, 02:30 PM
Found remnants of wave 3 at 3 Targets today...picked up 2 more pigs, a luke, and the Sith/Vader name change...That fat pig will be hard to find in large numbers and will probably not pegwarm until 2012....:yes: GO SOONERS!!!!!

Neuroleptic
11-13-2010, 03:23 PM
For those of you finding unpunched cardbacks - where in the store are you seeing them? I mean, I assume they're not on the pegs, for the obvious reason. Are they in Target's endcap thing, or what?

In my case, I actualy found them on the pegs. It looked like someone who worked there took the time to very carefully put them on the pegs without removing the bottom of the punches. So I just gently pushed it back up, and ta-da!

AmanaMatt
11-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Found Woof and the Endor trooper at Target today - and yes, found the punched pieces just laying on the ground....

Mini Woof review = Perfect figure

Mini Endor review - perfect body for trooper building....cartoony head sculpt is a little bizarre on an otherwise excellent figure

bkusna
11-13-2010, 07:16 PM
Jedi Luke converts to endor luke...
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g310/echoplex420247/Star%20Wars/ghj.jpg

cool wicket pic....
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd14/sergeant_ook/Toys/tvc_wicket_artoo01.jpg

bkusna
11-14-2010, 12:02 AM
made my own Jabba's palace Luke Jedi with soft goods tunic from battlepack Endor luke and the robe from Jedi Luke....

Bel-Cam Jos
11-14-2010, 09:50 AM
Finally got around to opening these figs yesterday, and they are GRRRRREAT, Tony!

-Wooof: his helmet is removable, always like holsters, the look is cool.
-Gam. Guard: his helmet is also removable, the extra axe is nice, and I like the Luke-will-choke-you-now pike.
-R2: each of the drink glasses is removable (what you don't lose them), his shock tool arm comes out of the barrel, the lightsaber and periscope parts are a little loose in his dome, the 3rd leg doesn't come out too easily, his head arm is permanently out. Overall cool, though.
-Ackbar: weird arms, but are probably accurate to the film.
-Wicket: the green hood requires some work to fit, but all those accessories are good.

AmanaMatt
11-14-2010, 01:48 PM
Couple pics of my Gammorean Guard -

1st pic: no alterations to skirt

2nd trimmed down skirt

3rd: side by side

Popasdei
11-14-2010, 03:46 PM
I'm so jealous... Iowa still has nothing.

ROAD TRIP!!!!

JK.

But really... If your in OK bskunsa... I"m hoping shipment comes north!

bkusna
11-14-2010, 04:36 PM
WALMART!!!!!!!!!!!!!! found 2 sets of unpunched at 4 different wallys.....and 4 more pigs....All were $6!!!!!!!!

bkusna
11-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Found some of these on the shelf of this wave at target. Picked up Mr. Pork Chop, Wicket, and Luke. Hopeing to get 2 of R2, and one more Wicket. I passed on Ackbar, Woofoo (SP?) and the rebel trooper, but only because I didn't have anywhere they'd really fit into my collection. All of em are awsome looking figures though.
Neuro, check your Jedi Luke...I picked up two unpunched ones today and it NOW has a hole in his belt for the lightsaber hilt.....running change

Neuroleptic
11-14-2010, 10:28 PM
Neuro, check your Jedi Luke...I picked up two unpunched ones today and it NOW has a hole in his belt for the lightsaber hilt.....running change

Mine does not seem to have a hole for the lightsaber to go on to his belt. And his de-activated lightsaber does not look like it can be put on a belt anyway. I have not opened him yet as he's really supposed to be for my birthday at the end of December, so I may just not be seeing it.

Hm. Now I have to decide if I want to keep this one in the package since it may be a variant (and he looks preaty nice in the package anyway . . . I'm finding it difficult to open these neo-vintage figures for some reason).

Maybe I should just get a second one? :D

bkusna
11-14-2010, 10:43 PM
just checked...New one DOES have a peg on the hilt....I think it would be cool to have one of each depending on how you want to display him:yes: I like having the hilt with no peg when displaying figures with it in their hands
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/AgentClaret/101_3625.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/AgentClaret/101_3629.jpg

Popasdei
11-15-2010, 05:10 PM
Still nothing here in Iowa...

:cry:

I have given up for now...

I guess I'll check tomorrow lol.

bigbarada
11-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Still nothing here in Iowa...

:cry:

I have given up for now...

I guess I'll check tomorrow lol.

No sign of wave 3 within a 50 mile radius of my house either. :sad:

Jabbapalacespy
11-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Nothing yet in West Virginia either.

Popasdei
11-15-2010, 09:47 PM
Found remnants of wave 3 at 3 Targets today...picked up 2 more pigs, a luke, and the Sith/Vader name change...That fat pig will be hard to find in large numbers and will probably not pegwarm until 2012....:yes: GO SOONERS!!!!!

Take a picture of the Anakin/Vader Card and post it! I want this! :(

dindae
11-15-2010, 09:59 PM
Found this wave today. I am thrilled with the whole wave. I have a question for those that have opened the R2. When you pull back the panel is there a trick to it? I feel like by just prying it open I will warp the plastic and it won't close completely anymore.

bkusna
11-15-2010, 10:07 PM
Take a picture of the Anakin/Vader Card and post it! I want this! :(

ok, here it is.....

morpheus282
11-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Saw a lone Ackbar at lunch today. No sign of the rest of the wave yet.

El Chuxter
11-15-2010, 10:16 PM
One lone Wooooooooooof today. On a bent card. Good thing I'm an opener, but, if there was only one figure, I was rather hoping for Wicket.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-15-2010, 11:13 PM
Look under the log, Chux. Or entice it to come out with a cracker. Or a hat.

If I find a Wicket sometime, you want I should snag one for you?

El Chuxter
11-16-2010, 12:39 AM
Appreciate the offer, BCJ3, but I'm sure I'll find him along with the rest of the wave. I know for 100% sure I want him and Ackbar, and am pretty sure I want Luke and the Commando. Not sold on R2-D2 yet, and the Yoda looks like a straight reissue.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-16-2010, 01:45 AM
the Yoda looks like a straight reissue.
*Ahem*

He's not.

(applause)

Thank you.

He's also not out right now anyway, for whatever reason.

AmanaMatt
11-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Here's the best Gammorean Guard mod I've seen: (full credit to Spookymufu at rebelscum for the pic and mod itself)

bkusna
11-16-2010, 09:32 AM
Here's the best Gammorean Guard mod I've seen: (full credit to Spookymufu at rebelscum for the pic and mod itself)

This 'man-scape' version is AWESOME.....but I still like the 80's bushy-fro-look that it came with....

The Space Outlaw
11-16-2010, 04:06 PM
I haven't found ANY of these yet in Chicagoland. The pegs are choked up with Wave 1 and 2 leftovers (how many different Darth Vaders do they really need to release all at once anyway, seriously?).

autumnsdescent
11-16-2010, 10:25 PM
Found the remnants of this wave in Indianapolis today.

Popasdei
11-16-2010, 10:37 PM
I hate waiting.

Iowa sucks.

bkusna
11-16-2010, 10:51 PM
I hate waiting.

Iowa sucks.
hang in there, bud....my stash a whole peg trick worked again today....One of my Walmarts has 2 pegs devoted to vintage and 20 pegs for Saga/CW, so I took a whole pegs worth of old wave 1 and just stashed them behind 2 At-Ats this AM.....then I went back after work and a case of WAVE 3 was stocked:thumbsup:

Popasdei
11-17-2010, 02:53 PM
hang in there, bud....my stash a whole peg trick worked again today....One of my Walmarts has 2 pegs devoted to vintage and 20 pegs for Saga/CW, so I took a whole pegs worth of old wave 1 and just stashed them behind 2 At-Ats this AM.....then I went back after work and a case of WAVE 3 was stocked:thumbsup:

It worked. Thats all I'm saying!

Got entire wave today! even the Anakin/Vader variant!

Picked up one of each and two Wickets (because hes awesome looking, most fav out of this wave after getting them all!)

bkusna
11-17-2010, 02:57 PM
It worked. Thats all I'm saying!

Got entire wave today! even the Anakin/Vader variant!

Picked up one of each and two Wickets (because hes awesome looking, most fav out of this wave after getting them all!)

that's AWESOME man!!!!!! Let the truth be told!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::love:

El Chuxter
11-17-2010, 03:17 PM
Having opened Wooooooooooooooooooof (who's still the only one I've seen--haven't even seen the stupid "emo Vader" re-card variant), I have to say it's amazing how far SW figures have come. Not even from 1983, but from 1995.

Popasdei
11-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Also Bkunsa did I mention they all are unpunched! YEAH :thumbsup:

I accidentally broke out lukes and r2's though... I put em back in and put them in the SW cases haha!:laugh:

I'm so happy...

But sad I have to wait so long for next wave.

bkusna
11-17-2010, 04:09 PM
Also Bkunsa did I mention they all are unpunched! YEAH :thumbsup:

I accidentally broke out lukes and r2's though... I put em back in and put them in the SW cases haha!:laugh:

I'm so happy...

But sad I have to wait so long for next wave.
What's funny is me trying to pick up all the punched chads off the floor...a Walmart employee walked by and said "thank you kind sir for picking up the litter.....I responded No, thank you for making my figures complete" :grin:

Popasdei
11-17-2010, 04:18 PM
What's funny is me trying to pick up all the punched chads off the floor...a Walmart employee walked by and said "thank you kind sir for picking up the litter.....I responded No, thank you for making my figures complete" :grin:

LOL i would have done the same thing!

Slicker
11-17-2010, 04:58 PM
I'm sorry and I'm not "picking" on you but stashing figures so they'll restock is just disgusting.

Popasdei
11-17-2010, 05:02 PM
Good thing knowone asked for your opinion :thumbsup:

Slicker
11-17-2010, 06:41 PM
And NO ONE said that I was talking about you or for you to come to the defense of your other account. :thumbsup:

bkusna
11-17-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm sorry and I'm not "picking" on you but stashing figures so they'll restock is just disgusting.

Call it what you want...I call it having WAVE 3 in your hands while living in the middle of a corn field in Iowa.....no disrespect Popasdei

Popasdei
11-17-2010, 07:36 PM
corn field in Iowa

exactly.

LOL!

bigbarada
11-17-2010, 08:07 PM

Why is that? If there are 12 figures that don't sell sitting on the pegs and they are keeping 12 figures that WILL sell stuck in the warehouse, because there simply is not enough shelf space for them; then that stores ends up with 24 action figure that they can't sell. Any manager would rather get the merchandise that will sell out on the floor and then deal with the stuff that doesn't sell later on. Unfortunately, they are held back by store policies and just a general lack of understanding for how the toy industry works (Remember that only a small percentage of adults have ever bought a toy for themselves. By the time that most adults were old enough to have their own money to spend on toys, they were too old for toys. Sure adults buy toys for their kids, but they usually only buy the toys that their kids specifically ask for).

So it might be temporarily frustrating some workers, but it helps the store in the long run, because it gets the merchandise out of the warehouse, onto the floor and allows it to sell. Instead of having 24 toys that won't sell, you now have only 12 toys that won't sell. You've eliminated half of the problem and helped profits for that store.

Obsession is Nute
11-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Why is that? If there are 12 figures that don't sell sitting on the pegs and they are keeping 12 figures that WILL sell stuck in the warehouse, because there simply is not enough shelf space for them; then that stores ends up with 24 action figure that they can't sell. Any manager would rather get the merchandise that will sell out on the floor and then deal with the stuff that doesn't sell later on. Unfortunately, they are held back by store policies and just a general lack of understanding for how the toy industry works (Remember that only a small percentage of adults have ever bought a toy for themselves. By the time that most adults were old enough to have their own money to spend on toys, they were too old for toys. Sure adults buy toys for their kids, but they usually only buy the toys that their kids specifically ask for).

So it might be temporarily frustrating some workers, but it helps the store in the long run, because it gets the merchandise out of the warehouse, onto the floor and allows it to sell. Instead of having 24 toys that won't sell, you now have only 12 toys that won't sell. You've eliminated half of the problem and helped profits for that store.

I agree with you Barada. This is an instance where collectors are doing things for a retailers own good, even if they do not appreciate it. Sometimes, you got to move a few Yarnas around so retailers can make some money. Yah, it might lead to temporary overstocking...but when the desired figures are sold out, Yarna can go right back to warming her little peg.

Obsession is Nute
11-17-2010, 10:00 PM
Anyways, ROTJ finally hit Iowa. I found everything minus one piggy (I want four), Wedge and Yoda.

I have not kept up on all the news as I should. Can someone clarify, are Yoda and Wedge being delayed for later assortments, delayed for later waves or are they already out? I have not seen photos of these two from photos of sucessful hunts. I thought I heard rumors that Wedge was delayed, but nothing about Yoda.

Popasdei
11-17-2010, 10:22 PM
YAY for someone else in Iowa finding them!

I found all the figures today as well!

Popasdei
11-17-2010, 10:23 PM
I have not kept up on all the news as I should. Can someone clarify, are Yoda and Wedge being delayed for later assortments, delayed for later waves or are they already out? I have not seen photos of these two from photos of sucessful hunts. I thought I heard rumors that Wedge was delayed, but nothing about Yoda.

Wedge and Yoda are TBA... Sadly.

Obsession is Nute
11-17-2010, 10:35 PM
Wedge and Yoda are TBA... Sadly.

Thanks Popasdei! What part of Iowa is home to your SW hunting grounds?

Popasdei
11-17-2010, 10:39 PM
Thanks Popasdei! What part of Iowa is home to your SW hunting grounds?

CB and Omaha, NE area.

bkusna
11-18-2010, 01:12 AM
Please Hasbro make this........
http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z442/Darth_Venger/photo1.jpg

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z442/Darth_Venger/photo7.jpg

DarkArtist
11-18-2010, 07:44 AM
found 3 of the ROTJ figures last night in a Target in Edison: DS II Luke, Admiral Ackbar and R2... no sign of the rest of the wave... Luke looks awesome, haven't really had a chance to fully examine the figure but I noticed that I got the variant of the lightsaber with no peg and no peg hole on the waist.

R2 looks cool but the third leg gimmick really doesn't work too well. oh well. still a nice update to have.

haven't had a chance to open the good Admiral yet he's still on the card saying "I'm in a Trap."..sorry had to be done lol:thumbsup:

AmanaMatt
11-18-2010, 09:45 AM
Am I the only one totally underwhelmed by the new Luke? I mean, he's skinny has awkward looking elbow articulation and bears no likeness to Mark Hamill.....what am I missing here?

Not saying its a bad figure, just not great

Popasdei
11-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Added Wave 3 (with 3 mail away boba fetts)
'http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy167/Popasdei/Star%20Wars/101_1514.jpg

Other 2 boba fett mail aways with my favorite vintage figure the mail away george lucas stormtrooper
http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy167/Popasdei/Star%20Wars/101_1512.jpg

JEDIpartner
11-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Am I the only one totally underwhelmed by the new Luke? I mean, he's skinny has awkward looking elbow articulation and bears no likeness to Mark Hamill.....what am I missing here?

It's better than the other one? I... guess? :cross-eye

Obsession is Nute
11-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Please Hasbro make this........
http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z442/Darth_Venger/photo1.jpg

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z442/Darth_Venger/photo7.jpg

That is epic!

I don't think we will ever see the sail barge though, at least not to appropriate scale. Too big and too expensive for many fans. That barge looks at least three times the size of the new AT-AT.

If they released it though, I would buy it, no doubts.

autumnsdescent
11-18-2010, 01:08 PM

I actually love this new Luke. And I was thinking as I opened it last night that they did a fantastic job capturing Mark Hamill's likeness. Eye of the beholder perhaps?

AmanaMatt
11-18-2010, 02:10 PM
It's better than the other one? I... guess? :cross-eye

Yup!

I actually love this new Luke. And I was thinking as I opened it last night that they did a fantastic job capturing Mark Hamill's likeness. Eye of the beholder perhaps?

I guess so...for myself, the Snowspeed and Bespin Lukes are soo good, it may have ruined me on all future Lukes...

DarkArtist
11-18-2010, 02:35 PM

sorry have to disagree with you on this AmanaMatt... i think he looks very close to Mark Hamill and the proportions look about right for Hamill's build in ROTJ, he wasn't really built or muscular in the film.

i mean it's not 100% Hamill and I think the head sculpt is also supposed to be a throwback to the Vintage figure from the Kenner days.

AmanaMatt
11-18-2010, 09:08 PM
I will say that its one of the nicer versions of the Jedi Luke ........from the profile, the likeness is Hamill - like.

bkusna
11-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Added Wave 3 (with 3 mail away boba fetts)
'http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy167/Popasdei/Star%20Wars/101_1514.jpg

Other 2 boba fett mail aways with my favorite vintage figure the mail away george lucas stormtrooper
http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy167/Popasdei/Star%20Wars/101_1512.jpg
This is one solid wall!!!!! I enjoy the Bath and Body Works "wall flower" plug in too!!! gotta keep them figures case fresh!!!!lol

Popasdei
11-18-2010, 10:10 PM
This is one solid wall!!!!! I enjoy the Bath and Body Works "wall flower" plug in too!!! gotta keep them figures case fresh!!!!lol

Lol girlfriends touch.

it really does smell good.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Found Luke, R2 and Rebel Commando at Wal-Mart last night. There was another Rebel Commando way in the back but didn't have time to dig it out. Later I went to Target, and all I saw there from this wave was one Rebel Commando. I passed on getting another for now. Snow on the ground today, so it is a good thing I checked while I was over on that side of town last night.

Neuroleptic
11-20-2010, 11:55 AM
I'v seen wave three at both target and walmart here in Manhattan Kansas. I'v gotten all the figures I want from it already except R2-D2 (want two) and a second Luke (since I now plan to keep the one I have in the package).

I'm having the hardest time finding R2-D2. Mostly I think, because wave 2 is totaly clogging the pegs at both walmart and target. Wave two sold through at least 4 times at walmart so I think what happened was they shoved one too many re-stocks of the wave out in my area so now, even with sales they just aren't selling.

tagmac
11-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Have yet to find these guys in stores, but late last night HTS had the figures back up for sale. Ordered all but Bar2-D2, using the family2010 code to bring the cost to about equal to what it would have been in WM.

Found a UGH Bespin Luke and Clone Trooper in TRU yesterday, but I don't know if that was a remnant from the Jedi wave case, or just a different assortment from the ROTS wave.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Have yet to find these guys in stores, but late last night HTS had the figures back up for sale. Ordered all but Bar2-D2, using the family2010 code to bring the cost to about equal to what it would have been in WM.

Found a UGH Bespin Luke and Clone Trooper in TRU yesterday, but I don't know if that was a remnant from the Jedi wave case, or just a different assortment from the ROTS wave.
The UGH figures are done shipping, so it's from the ROTS wave.

I found Wooof, the Rebel Commando, Admiral Ackbar, and the ROTS Clone with corrected blue stripes today (and saw the updated Anakin as Vader card). There were quite a few Wooofs, for whatever reason; maybe people think they got him last year with Giran. But both of these green Niktos are absolutely fantastic. I love the soft goods skirt here, and the sculpting detail is incredible. The commando has some fantastic paint applications; too bad they don't do running head changes anymore but hopefully they'll use this body going forward as it's great. Ackbar is stunning as well. He doesn't have ankle articulation (for people who are into that sort of thing) but his head moves in a really interesting, expressive way. I can't wait to get the rest of this wave.

DarkJedi5
11-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Found the whole wave today at KMart and while their prices are usually ludicrous, they've got their BOGO sale on so it was certainly my lucky day!

jonthejedi
11-22-2010, 04:49 AM
Managed to pick them all up but Woof & Gammorian Guard...they seem to always be gone.

bigbarada
11-22-2010, 08:04 AM
I was in Detroit this weekend and I managed to find some time to go toy shopping at a Target and TRU in Auburn Hills (the Walmart that the GPS led us to was closed down) in the hopes of finding some wave 3 figures. Well, I struck out yet again. Nothing but pegs clogged with waves 1 and 2. Not even any indication that wave 3 was there and just sold out. Then I got back home yesterday and checked my Walmart.... nothing.... still. :mad:

Looks like I might have to go online if I ever want to find a Gamorrean Guard.

Darth Metalmute
11-22-2010, 08:40 AM
I went hunting this weekend and came up empty as well. Walmart, Target, Toys R Us, and Meijer.

What's worse is that TRU was out of toys. I have never seen a store reduced to next to no stock.

bkusna
11-22-2010, 11:54 AM
I was in Detroit this weekend and I managed to find some time to go toy shopping at a Target and TRU in Auburn Hills (the Walmart that the GPS led us to was closed down) in the hopes of finding some wave 3 figures. Well, I struck out yet again. Nothing but pegs clogged with waves 1 and 2. Not even any indication that wave 3 was there and just sold out. Then I got back home yesterday and checked my Walmart.... nothing.... still. :mad:

Looks like I might have to go online if I ever want to find a Gamorrean Guard.

Or.....I could just mail you one.....:yes:

bigbarada
11-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Or.....I could just mail you one.....:yes:

Then I could send you some money through Paypal and my address to mail it to.... but, no, that's crazy it would never work. ;)

Seriously, if you get your hands on an extra one let me know and I can Paypal you some money. Thanks! :thumbsup:

bkusna
11-22-2010, 04:27 PM
Then I could send you some money through Paypal and my address to mail it to.... but, no, that's crazy it would never work. ;)

Seriously, if you get your hands on an extra one let me know and I can Paypal you some money. Thanks! :thumbsup:

I hope you're an opener...I have one with the slightest crease on the card...not really noticeable, but I'll send it to you at NO COST (that includes free Figure and shipping):thumbsup:

Jabbapalacespy
11-22-2010, 04:54 PM
This wave is finally in West Virginia now!!!! :thumbsup: Found some of the figures today at Walmart. I got Wooof and R2 but couldn't find any Gamorreans, Ackbars or Yodas. They had Wicket and Luke but I decided to pass on them. Heading to a different Walmart later tonight to see if I can find a Gamorrean or two.

Jabbapalacespy
11-22-2010, 04:57 PM
I love the new Wooof figure too. :love: I've been waiting for this figure ever since they starting making Star Wars toys again back in the 90's. It's one of the last vintage remakes that I've been waiting for.

And R2 is pretty sweet. I lot better than the drink serving version from several years ago.

bigbarada
11-22-2010, 07:10 PM
I hope you're an opener...I have one with the slightest crease on the card...not really noticeable, but I'll send it to you at NO COST (that includes free Figure and shipping):thumbsup:

Awesome! Thanks dude! :cool:

TheDarthVader
11-22-2010, 07:37 PM
I have only been able to find R2-D2. I guess something is better than nothing.

JediTricks
11-22-2010, 07:56 PM
In the last week, I've picked up all of this wave except for Ackbar.

It's a pretty solid wave, the weakest link I'd say is Jedi Luke who has an odd posture, an uuuugly left hand, uninspiring headsculpt and paint, and crappy accessories. I'd probably dig that Luke more if he at least had the torso joint that last year's did, but alas, no.

Wicket is second weakest just by virtue of being so small and having less articulation, and his hip articulation is weird. But the sculpt is good, added accessories are alright although not useful for purists like me, Hasbro should have included the bolo weapon too. It's odd that they changed his card to "Wicket" from "Wicket W. Warrick".

Gamorrean Guard is nearly perfect, but frustrating in a few little ways. He's way green without weathering. His hat comes off at the drop of a hat (haw haw). His articulation is a bit limited in range of motion. His furry skirt is waaaaaaaaay too long. His torso is too short. You can fold up the skirt a little but there's still too much. Still, sculpting is very good, what paint is there works, 3 nice accessories, massive figure.

Wooof is decent, a little too clean and colorful maybe, but overall solid - his hat comes off too easily but that's about the only drawback. So many removable hats in this wave! The woolly skirt is some of their best soft-goods work ever, they must have worked hard to find this stuff, it's scaled nicely.

Endor Rebel is another nearly perfect figure, drawn down just by the craned-forward sculpted neck, there's no excuse for that crap. His bald head is a bit odd but that's due mainly to being used to the character's hair in the Sideshow version, I think. I'm not in love with the bandolier being part of the belt, makes turning the torso a challenge, doubly so with the backpack put in. But the backpack is nice, the cloth duster is nice and has a hole for the backpack, costume and paint are good.

Bar2 is very interesting, the new design takes it up a notch, but it's not a home run either, missing a bit of weathering and the shoulder spacers to deliver, and I'm not entirely thrilled with the bland radar eye, and I really would have liked the drink mixer attachment to have the dome panel as part of it like the old version did. Still, the fact that each glass is removable, the tray is removable, the lower blue grasper's white panel opens to reveal an internal mechanical arm (not quite the arc welder used in the movie, but ok), the middle leg raises and lowers the lightsaber or telescope eye, the fact that it comes with the telescope eye at all, the saber is well-painted and can be fully hidden inside R2, that he's muuuuch more accurate in overall shape and panel design, there's a lot to like about this figure. The drawbacks are the way the telescope eye makes a dome panel forces the dome to not move with it in place (though the blue plastic when you rotate the dome to simulate the panel is a nice thought), that the clearance on the saber is so slight that it can cause clearance issues if not careful and certainly won't let it launch nicely (it's not meant to launch at all I suppose), and the fact that the saber hilt is still ROTS Obi-Wan's although they did a great job with the accessory this time with good paint and a solid plastic instead of rubbery. The dome's shape highlights how off the other astromechs are, it IS right and all of them are now suuuuper wrongo. The dome sculpting is fair but not outstandingly sharp, the paint is thoughtful but feels like it's missing a step, the body and dome feel like they need weathering or something to really make them pop. But it's a good figure, and they included more accurate wheels in the feet, the middle foot has a footpeg hole instead of wheels which is interesting. I like this figure, I love the scene it represents so I am mostly quite happy about this one, but I do feel like it's not entirely there, it's an 8 instead of a 10.

Overall, this wave is a big step up after the lackluster AOTC wave, and even supplants the somewhat soft ESB wave. There aren't weird frankensteined figures, there aren't boring nobodies, the sculpting is good, the paint is good, the figures are an attractive array of colors, and there's lots of accessories.

Jabbapalacespy
11-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Found Ackbar tonight, but still no piggies.

morpheus282
11-22-2010, 11:12 PM
Saw five today. Picked up BAR2-D2 (amazing figure), Wooof, and the commando. Passed on Luke and Ackbar. No piggie to be seen.

JON9000
11-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Saw the whole wave today, picked up Jedi Luke, R2, and GG.

This is the first modern Jedi Luke I have purchased since 1996, and the first figure I have purchased with the jointed hip action. I did not like the the way it made Bespin Luke look like he had diapers on. I'm a big fan of this figure. It may not be perfect, but it is a strong step up from others that I feel were lacking over the last 15 years. If a nice cloak had been included, I would be totally satisfied.

R2 is another nice one, although an R2 at this point is an R2. I never got the last bar tray figure, so I picked this one up.

As fr GG, I'm pretty much speechless. What a figure! He photographs well, but is even cooler OOP.

Looking forward to getting the rest!

DarkJedi5
11-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Maybe it's just the two R2s I picked up but I have a real issue with the center leg. I cannot get it to extend fully so that it can support weight, he just ends up leaning forward and it pushes up the sensor scope or the lightsaber (whatever he's packing). Is there a trick to getting this figure to work in a "rolling" position?

JediTricks
11-23-2010, 03:39 PM
Maybe it's just the two R2s I picked up but I have a real issue with the center leg. I cannot get it to extend fully so that it can support weight, he just ends up leaning forward and it pushes up the sensor scope or the lightsaber (whatever he's packing). Is there a trick to getting this figure to work in a "rolling" position?
On mine, there's a little friction to hold it all the way out when it's fully extended to stop point. The leg should stay up by itself, if it doesn't, either you're not extending it fully or you have 2 bad figures (which is not that likely).

Jabbapalacespy
11-23-2010, 04:49 PM
Got three little piggies at a Walmart in Ohio today. :thumbsup: Awesome figures. Was hoping their mouths could open and close but oh well.

morpheus282
11-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Found a piggie at K-Mart! Unfortunately, they only had the one so I got Ackbar as the BOGO figure.

jedibear
11-23-2010, 09:46 PM
Got one of each of this wave at my local WM.
Wanted to get a second GamGuard (to open) but they only had the one.

Got a second Ackbar to open....it's cool to see him get such a great upgrade...really well done.

It looks like "Wooof" (man I HATE that name) will be the pegwarmer of this wave...there were 6 of him. It's too bad...he's really a great figure. Ah well, Dengar needed the company.... :)

Qui-Long Gone
11-24-2010, 04:32 AM
Here piggie piggie piggie....

Speaking of Ackbar, rarely do I go to WalMart to get crabs....

jonthejedi
11-24-2010, 06:11 AM
Finally scored The Pig(ha ha scalpers) at 6 am this morning at Severn, MD SuperDuperWalMart; also saw new GH & Mando w/speeder wave, Tie Bomber. Broke again...no Black Friday shopping for me.

tagmac
11-24-2010, 07:25 AM
My WM in Old Bridge, NJ finally got these in. Found the pegs stuffed with them this morning, although it looks like either someone in the back did a little cherry picking, or they were really out last night. They had about 5-6 each of Ackbar, Woof, Luke, and the Rebel soldier, but I had to look all the way in the back of one peg to find the lone Piggy hiding. Since I already ordered a set, I only bought that one Guard, to give me two once my order arrives.

Having deliberately not ordered him from HTS in order to see it in person first, I looked at Bar2-D2, but left him on the pegs. Already bought the first version, and while I considered getting this one to pose with the lightsaber in his head, the fact that the serving arm doesn't come off was the dealbreaker for me.

DarkJedi5
11-24-2010, 08:54 AM
Having deliberately not ordered him from HTS in order to see it in person first, I looked at Bar2-D2, but left him on the pegs. Already bought the first version, and while I considered getting this one to pose with the lightsaber in his head, the fact that the serving arm doesn't come off was the dealbreaker for me.

Yes it does. It unplugs just like it did on the last BaR2. The only real difference is the last BaR2 had the little blue circle panel so it looked like he had opened up, this one lacks that detail.

** And there it is: post number 1977.

bigbarada
11-24-2010, 09:36 AM
This wave showed up at my Walmart last night! :thumbsup: I caught a glimpse of the case on one of the pallets at the beginning of my shift, as they were rolling everything out. So during my break I headed over there and asked the lady stocking the toys if I could look inside one of the boxes. There were three cases of TVC figures, but all of them had different assortment numbers. So I just went with the safest bet and picked the one labeled "wave 4.5." I had already checked the home to make sure there was room for all the figures after I took out the ones I wanted, so she popped the case open and handed it to me.

It was actually the assortment that came with two of the green-helmeted ROTS Clonetroopers (the helmets were badly discolored right out of the case), but they did have the corrected paint applications on the helmet. Plus, every single card was punched. So I pulled out one of each of the wave 3 figures and stocked the rest of the case on the shelf. I broke the box down and dropped it on her trash cart and she thanked me for the help. :)

I checked back again after lunch to see if she had managed to cram another case on the pegs and she had. But it was a case of wave 1 and 2 figures. So there isn't going to be any room for more figures on there anytime soon. I did finally pick up a Boba Fett, though.

My initial thoughts of this wave: as a whole, this is easily the single best wave of Star Wars action figures since 1985.

Quick early impressions of each figure (I've been up all night, so I'll try to do a more in-depth review after I've had some sleep):

DS2 Luke - very cool figure! Easily my favorite Luke figure. The elbows look a little weird, but then it all makes sense once you realize how much range of motion they have. The face sculpt looks great to me, but I've never cared about exact actor likenesses on action figures and I never will.

Admiral Ackbar - I've always thought that ankle articulation was more important that knee articulation and this figure reminds me why. I've having a lot of trouble getting him to stand on his own without posing his legs in a slightly unnatural looking position. Otherwise he's a perfect figure. I love the neck articulation.

R2-D2 w/ drink tray - A HUGE leap forward in quality for astromech droids. Now I refuse to buy any more astromechs unless they are based on this mold. However, it does suffer slightly from trying to cram too many features into one figure. Which is actually pretty common for Artoo figures. I think it would have been a stronger figure without the periscope attachment and a removable third leg instead of a retractable one. But when you pose him on two legs with his drink tray, he's the bee-knees. :D

Endor Trooper - don't really like the face sculpt and am really tired of the goatee thing. I'm currently calling him Shipwreck in Endor Gear. Otherwise he's a pretty strong figure, but I'm not super interested in him. In fact, I've been so busy with the other figures, that I've barely touched him.

Wicket - the perfect Wicket figure! I'm not even concerned with displaying him next to my other Ewoks. He's pretty much in a class of awesomeness by himself. I haven't tried switching out the hoods yet.

Wooof - great figure but his helmets really loose and won't really stay in one place, it keeps jiggling around. That's kind of frustrating; but the soft goods is awesome on this guy. However, be careful when adjusting it because it will begin to shed if you handle it too roughly. A small chunk of it came off in my hand when I was trying to move it around a bit. The only thing that really bothers me is the helmet. It's silver in the film but the toy's is more of a dark metallic brown. I'll probably do some painting to correct that here soon.

Gamorrean Guard - saving the best for last! I did rotate the fur skirt around 180 degrees, because it's on backwards; but the fur doesn't bother me at all. Also, as others have mentioned, he helmet is loose but it doesn't look too big the way Wooof's does. It looks perfect, everything about this figure looks perfect. This is THE best Star Wars figure ever made, hands down. VTAC Bossk and Ephant Mon now get bumped down to the numbers 2 and 3 spots respectively.

The vintage Gamorrean Guard was the only Star Wars figures I owned for over a year or more, which is an eternity when you're a kid. But I loved the figure and turned down several offers to trade him for other figures. So it really means a lot to me to see Hasbro put so much loving care into an update of this figure, especially after the horrible atrocity that was the POTF2 figure.

Other fun Gamorrean Guard facts:

This is the very first 3.75" Gamorrean figure with two functional hands.

Did you know that the POTF2 Gamorrean Guard turns 13 years old this year? Which means he'd be old enough to celebrate his bar mitzvah if he wasn't made of pork.

Did I mention I haven't slept yet? :D

I'll try to post some photos later. :)

bkusna
11-24-2010, 09:56 AM
Nice review BigB....Do you think Luke's lightsaber hilt looks too long when it's pegged?????:mad:

Tauntaunt
11-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Great review;hope get my wave 3 figures soon.:thumbsup: