PDA

View Full Version : Wave 4 - Attack of the Clones

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-30-2010, 02:29 PM
Yet another from the boys at Yakface (http://www.yakface.com/).

1x Zam Wesell (24989)
1x Obi-Wan (24990)
1x Peasant Anakin (24991)
1x Peasant Padmé (24992)
1x Jango Fett (24993)
1x Kit Fisto (24988)
1x Mace Windu (24994)
1x Blue Senate Guard (24995)
1x Super Battle Droid (24996)
1x Grievous with Cape (20824)
1x Sandtrooper (20832)
1x Darth Vader (97580)

All-new peasant Anakin and Padmé??? I seriously hope this is true. I also hope the Jango will be the Evolutions version in a less-garish color scheme. A new Zam Wesell is also very welcome. The others could all easily be repacks, but the possibility of a grinnin' Kit on a vintage card is almost too cool to handle. :D

Slicker
05-30-2010, 06:15 PM
I remember the days when they would name a line AOTC or ROTJ and it would contain only figures from those movies. :rolleyes:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-30-2010, 06:17 PM
The final three figures are repacked from their own specific waves, but I didn't feel like mentioning that as they've been doing that forever . . .

And the movie-themed waves are coming to an end as well, so brace yourself for that.

DarkJedi5
05-30-2010, 10:35 PM
I wouldn't mind at all getting the peasant Anakin or Padme. The Saga Anakin had the throwback lightsaber up the sleeve gimmick that made for a terrible figure. They don't wear the costumes for very long but it's the only AOTC Anakin they could really release and we've already got the SA Jedi version that I doubt they would redo anytime soon.

A new Zam would be cool and if Jango isn't purple I'd buy one of those too (especially with the AOTC Slave I rumors starting to pick up). The question is, are the senate guards and the SBDs going to be new or just rereleases? If they're new I'll probably fill a cart with them, but if they're the same old then it's an easy pass. Same for Obi-Wan, Mace and Kit; I'd be shocked if the Mace and Kit aren't the ones we just saw in the Target sets and last year's AOTC Obi.

Seems like these waves are starting to contain less new product. I could be wrong since I never really pay attention to the repacks, but it seems that way. If that's the case, I really hope they nail the stuff that's new cause that's probably all I'll be buying.

El Chuxter
05-31-2010, 01:51 AM
What, Slick, you don't remember the scene where Vader and Grievous have a bet with a Sandtrooper over who was responsible for the attempt on Padme and the Sandtrooper winds up having to buy them all nachos at Dex's Diner?

Holy schneike, I can't believe I'm saying this, but this AOTC wave looks pretty good. I'll have to snatch up the new Padme, and everyone knows how much I've been wanting decent Peasant Anakin and Zam Wessel resculpts. And a new Senate Guard (guessing the improved body with the TPM/AOTC headgear?).

Mace and Obi-Wan are likely passes, and so will be the SBD unless it's massively improved. Kit is very probable, but I'll want to see the final product before swearing to that. If he has the Mighty GrinTM, I'll be camping outside Target every day until it arrives, and will chop the arms off anyone who touches one before me.

DarkArtist
05-31-2010, 11:50 AM
Peasent Anskin and Padme are welcomes. looking forward to seeing a new Zam Wessel.

bigbarada
05-31-2010, 12:30 PM
With three Sandtroopers in three waves, I'm wondering if Hasbro will at least change the pauldron color on them.

Anyways, I might actually buy Peasant Anakin and Padme.

DarkArtist
06-02-2010, 02:23 PM
With three Sandtroopers in three waves, I'm wondering if Hasbro will at least change the pauldron color on them.

Anyways, I might actually buy Peasant Anakin and Padme.

never looked at the Sandtrooper problem like that. it would be cool to see Hasbro redo each of the waves with a different Pauldron color for the Sandtrooper but they would most likely say that it's considered to be a running variant change and can't find a slot for it to fit in the waves.

dindae
06-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Zam and peasant Anakin is as definate as can be with pictures. Padme, Obi, and Blue Senate Guard are likely buys as long as the sculpts are improved. The rest are highly unlikely.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-17-2010, 03:35 PM
As I'm sure you know by now, Hasbro revealed these at Celebration V and they all look quite great.

Padmé has both headdresses, which is great. I had been wondering how they would do that.

Mace, at long last, looks exactly like Samuel L. Jackon. I'm not sure how well it translates in the picture but I was blown away when I saw it in person.

At first, I thought Jango was a re-release of the 2007 version with the poncho, but I later realized it was new. He has the claws from when he climbs up the building on Kamino, and is actually the proper color, finally.

As I said in my Q&A thread, Kit was supposed to come in a ROTS wave, hence the ROTS sculpt.

DarkJedi5
08-17-2010, 04:03 PM
I was really excited about Jango being the right color but then I saw the claws.... I'll probably get this but I'd much rather have had just a repaint.

questorminator
08-18-2010, 01:03 AM
Er....why is there a Darth Vader in the Attack of the Clones Wave? Shouldn't he be in like Revenge of the Sith (looking skinny like he did in the end of the movie) or the ROTJ or ANH waves?

I don't know, if they make one with the right hand able to hold the lightsaber, I will buy it, but it seems out of place for me.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-18-2010, 01:34 AM
Er....why is there a Darth Vader in the Attack of the Clones Wave? Shouldn't he be in like Revenge of the Sith (looking skinny like he did in the end of the movie) or the ROTJ or ANH waves?

I don't know, if they make one with the right hand able to hold the lightsaber, I will buy it, but it seems out of place for me.
Again, it's just a figure from the ESB wave. They always pack the most popular figures in several cases to make sure they are in ample supply.

questorminator
08-19-2010, 12:58 AM
Again, it's just a figure from the ESB wave. They always pack the most popular figures in several cases to make sure they are in ample supply.

A repack eh. And I was just trying to psyche myself for a "skinny" young post-mustafar Vader. You know, the kind that can hold a lightsaber in both hands and show a younger Vader head inside the helmet..

Although I am not really complaining about the ESB Vader but it wouldn't be bad to have a Vader in the 4 movies he appeared in (ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ). Mostly they do re-packs.

DarkJedi5
08-19-2010, 01:52 AM
A few folks around here may disagree but I wouldn't mind the constant stream of Vaders if there was some variety. I think it's fair to say that since softgoods made a regular return to the modern line we have not gotten an accurate ANH Vader. I suppose the most easily distinguishable characteristic is that the cloth under-tunic that Vader wears should be over his shoulder armor for an ANH figure and underneath for ESB and ROTJ (see below). While there are other subtle differences between the ESB and ROTJ appearance and even the ROTS suit the cloth seems to make ANH a distinct interpretation of Vader that hasn't been done yet.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Did you not like this one (http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC16vader.asp)? The upper part of his cape is plastic, not cloth, but it's still a really good figure. The ANH look has actually been done several times over the years, including the Flashback Photo and Commtech Chip versions.

DarkJedi5
08-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Did you not like this one (http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC16vader.asp)? The upper part of his cape is plastic, not cloth, but it's still a really good figure. The ANH look has actually been done several times over the years, including the Flashback Photo and Commtech Chip versions.

Thanks for pointing that out. That is probably the best Vader they've ever made, only because he can actually hold his lightsaber in his right hand! To be picky it probably ought to have the ROTJ head and not a ROTS head under the helmet but I wouldn't display it without the helmet anyway.

questorminator
08-20-2010, 12:52 AM
Thanks for pointing that out. That is probably the best Vader they've ever made, only because he can actually hold his lightsaber in his right hand! To be picky it probably ought to have the ROTJ head and not a ROTS head under the helmet but I wouldn't display it without the helmet anyway.

Me, I am happy with the figs but I hope they make a definitive Vader someday. The ESB one is kit-bashed but it is cool. Means they are coming close.

They can just re-use the ESB Vader and make a right hand that can actually hold the saber. Vader fights with his right hand so it sort of sucks to see a figure of a right-handed character that can only hold the saber with the left hand.

bkusna
09-30-2010, 08:03 AM
http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/hasbro/20100930/

Cane_Adiss
09-30-2010, 09:05 AM
That's wave 4, is it not?

DarkJedi5
09-30-2010, 09:28 AM
I was pretty sure that was wave 4 too. Just sayin....

DarkArtist
09-30-2010, 10:47 AM
almost positive that this is wave 4. could just be a typo..still nice hook-up with the carded shots...not sure if i like the images they chose for this figures but looking forward to getting the updates of Anakin, Padme, Jango and Zam. not sure about the rest.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Let's nip this trend in the bud and merge it with the already-existing wave 4 thread, shall we?

While the figures look good, I'm not crazy about how they're taking publicity shots and photoshopping them into movie still backgrounds (on Zam, Anakin, and Jango). I'd prefer they use shots from the film, or at least publicity shots taken on-set. Oh, and hopefully Anakin's cloak won't look so giant on the card when the figure ships.

bkusna
09-30-2010, 11:22 AM
You have to admit...That the Jango cardback is the Shizzle!!!!!

bkusna
09-30-2010, 11:24 AM
That's wave 4, is it not?
I just went off what was posted....but RUMOR has it that wave 4 might include wedge, yoda, and a mystery XMAS surprise...so this could be wave 5

El Chuxter
09-30-2010, 01:03 PM
...a mystery XMAS surprise...

Oooh! I hope it's Jocasta Nu!

DarkJedi5
09-30-2010, 07:28 PM
Okay, so some mysterious rumor has Yoda and Wedge in a sub-wave but wasn't the AOTC supposed to include Mace Windu, Senate Guard, and an SBD as well? Where did those figures go?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-30-2010, 08:24 PM
Okay, so some mysterious rumor has Yoda and Wedge in a sub-wave but wasn't the AOTC supposed to include Mace Windu, Senate Guard, and an SBD as well? Where did those figures go?
From everything official we've heard, Wedge will be coming out either in 2011 or 2012 on the Vintage card since the ball-joint head was being wonky.

I'm assuming that Mace, the Senate Guard, and the SBD are still coming but just not pictured yet for whatever reason. I'm not sure what's up with Yoda, as he's not in any of the 11 case assortments for the ROTJ wave.

bkusna
09-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Well, the source website corrected the gallery pics to WAVE 4!!!!!!

AmanaMatt
10-01-2010, 12:55 PM
A pretty average wave - not a huge prequel fan, but that EP II Obi-Wan is the one i am looking forward to....the Jango cardback is awesome - figure is not....mostly a MEH wave for me

DarkJedi5
10-01-2010, 03:16 PM
A pretty average wave - not a huge prequel fan, but that EP II Obi-Wan is the one i am looking forward to....the Jango cardback is awesome - figure is not....mostly a MEH wave for me

AOTC Obi-Wan is a repack that we saw in the AOTC wave last year. I don't think there's anything exciting about since there's nothing new, that I know of.

Blue2th
10-01-2010, 07:38 PM
OK, I'm down for almost every figure in this wave that's shown.
An ultimate TVC Jango that's the correct blue (not purple) color. It's about time!

I'll buy everything that's an improvement over any predecessor figure.

Are you sure Obi-Wan is a repeat? Sometimes there's little subtle things and improvements they don't tell us about.

DarkJedi5
10-01-2010, 08:25 PM
OK, I'm down for almost every figure in this wave that's shown.
An ultimate TVC Jango that's the correct blue (not purple) color. It's about time!

I'll buy everything that's an improvement over any predecessor figure.

Are you sure Obi-Wan is a repeat? Sometimes there's little subtle things and improvements they don't tell us about.

First off, I still wouldn't consider this Jango perfect. Check out the pic (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/after-panel-new-collectibles/p37395-star-wars.html) taken of him at CV. Still seems pretty lavender to me even though his helmet has the blue which seems like it would just clash in a weird way (the poncho may be trying to hide the fact that the color isn't quite right. Probably not really, but it does hide the majority of the figure when carded.). And the gauntlet claws make this Jango "screen accurate" for only a split second. I'll buy this figure if only for the jetpack that can be made to appear as if it already fired the rocket, I'm sure I could put this on any other Jango figure when they finally make one the right color.

As far as the Obi-Wan goes, the original was SA and was originally slated for the Evolutions set. I mean, this figure had ball jointed everything, even hips, so I'm not sure what they would improve. The accessories are the same (well the lightsaber and the comlink) so I'm pretty sure it's just a rerelease, I can't spot any visual clues to show that they've resculpted any part of him.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-07-2010, 12:03 AM
Sandtroopers (http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/hasbro/20101006/index.html) has images of Mace, Senate Guard, and the Super Battle Droid.

I'm definitely going to get a Mace to keep carded - that image is awesome. They could/should have used purple for his name and pill box, but still, it's pretty damn sweet. The headsculpt still looks amazing as well.

The image on the Senate Guard isn't that great, but I'll probably get a few of him. At least he can (presumably) finally hold the staff properly.

The SBD looks cool on the card, though I don't think anything's new on the figure itself.

DarkJedi5
03-27-2011, 02:23 PM
I saw in the poll that some people are finding this wave but I haven't seen a trace of it anywhere. Granted, my Targets haven't stocked anything in a long time (lots of Endor Troopers, Dengars, 4-LOMs, Sandtroopers, and ROTS Clones clogging the pegs) but TRU has lots of room but hasn't got anything more recent than wave 2! Basically, all I want to know is how far behind the curve my area seems to be.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-27-2011, 02:59 PM
I haven't found traces of anything beyond wave 3 at any Target, and most of them are full of 4-LOM, Dengar, and the Cloud Car Pilot. Walmarts have been doing a little better - not great - and most of them still have too many sandtroopers, ROTS clones, and Obi-Wans. So it seems that Target over-ordered wave 1 and Walmart over-ordered wave 2. Too bad they're not resetting the assortment numbers anytime soon, as we could really use it.

Blue2th
03-27-2011, 04:21 PM
I saw Jango with some of this wave yesterday. (picked up Kit Fisto) Jango's undergarments (guess you'd call them that) while still purplish, seemed to be less of that lavender and leaning a little more towards the blue.
I'd have to put him next to one of the previous purple trimmed ones to tell if there's really a difference though I passed on buying him for now.

Just found Zam today on a damaged card at Walmart though. She's been the elusive one lately.

TheDarthVader
03-28-2011, 09:09 AM
Obi-Wan Kenobi is a repaint of 2008's TLC Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Master), and now has a soft goods Jedi robe.

Jango Fett is a repaint of the figure from 2008's TAC the Fett Legacy set, with new forearms and lots of accessories.

Mace Windu is a repaint of 2007's TAC Mace Windu (Jedi Master) figure, with an all-new head sculpt and a soft goods skirt.

Kit Fisto is an all-new figure.

DarkJedi5
04-20-2011, 12:42 PM
So for those of you fortunate enough to have found this wave, what is the consensus on the Jango Fett? Personally, the purple figures bug the heck out of me and I know this one is supposed to be better but still on the lavender side. Is it all that bad? It's a unique figure (not all-new but new enough) but that horrendous color could cause me to never display it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-20-2011, 07:13 PM
It's nowhere as purple as the old ones. As you said, it's still somewhat in that area, but as this photo (http://www.rebelscum.com/TVC/Basic/VC34Jango/TVC-1330.jpg) shows, it's less blatant than some of the previous ones. I'd say the difference is greater in person, but I can't compare at the moment.