PDA

View Full Version : Release Date?

amrcanpoet
05-31-2010, 06:24 PM
Has there been any announcement or speculation about the release date of the new lines (Vintage, Legacy, and Clone Wars)?

Am I to assume it's some time in July?

DarkJedi5
05-31-2010, 06:45 PM
Has there been any announcement or speculation about the release date of the new lines (Vintage, Legacy, and Clone Wars)?

Am I to assume it's some time in July?

The slides at Toy Fair said early August. Usually with a reset there's a hard street date so they stick to those dates pretty closely.

amrcanpoet
05-31-2010, 07:09 PM
That's good to know. The stores around me are ridiculous when it gets about 2 waves into a new set. They stop stocking new waves, and we're stuck with tons of peg warmers.

mtriv73
06-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Has anyone heard anything about midnight madness events? I kind of hope they don't end up doing those for the rollout, but it might be fun.

El Chuxter
06-01-2010, 09:06 AM
I kinda doubt it, though if SW Neo-Vintage, Transformers Generations (new figures based on classic characters), and GIJoe: The Pursuit of Cobra (a shift back toward old-style designs in the movie line) were to be released on the same day, it might not be a bad idea, seeing as how they're all throwbacks of some sort.

bigbarada
06-01-2010, 10:29 AM
According to this website...
http://www.mintinbox.net/Actus/10-05/0530saga_legend

...the new Saga Legends are already showing up in France.

Looking at the final versions, I must say that I kind of like the new modern-card design. The orange highlights are much more prominent than the blue and that card game thing keeps the bubble from looking too empty. Bossk is a definite for me, and I'll probably pick up IG-88, Zuckuss and Darth Vader as well.

bigbarada
06-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Wow, I guess if you live in Australia, the hunt for the new AT-AT starts now.

One of the mods over at mousedroid.com (http://www.mousedroid.com/) found the BAT-AT at a Target for AU $199, which is around $160 US.
http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Collars80/iPhone009.jpg

:eek:

DarkArtist
06-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Has anyone heard anything about midnight madness events? I kind of hope they don't end up doing those for the rollout, but it might be fun.

i love the concept of Midnight Madness events but I think do to my new budget and finances I'd skip the midnight event and just get a few of the figures every now and then as the $$ is available. it the past I had no problem getting entire waves all at once but sorta have to sit back a little and hope that I can at least get the figures I want and not had to feel the pinch of the wallet

DarkJedi5
06-04-2010, 02:23 PM
i love the concept of Midnight Madness events but I think do to my new budget and finances I'd skip the midnight event and just get a few of the figures every now and then as the $$ is available. it the past I had no problem getting entire waves all at once but sorta have to sit back a little and hope that I can at least get the figures I want and not had to feel the pinch of the wallet

I tried that when I was in college and it ended up being a nightmare. I'd skip figures because I didn't have the funds for all of them and then I'd never seen them again and end up shelling out double or triple on eBay a few years later. Now, unless it's a really expensive item (like the BMF) or battlepacks I usually don't roll the dice.

On a side note, I've never been to a midnight madness event, but it seems to me that these would be for collectors rather than the kiddies. In which case the toy stores sell their product but it seems like the kids might be really disappointed the next day when they come in with mom and dad to find the stuff pretty well picked over already.

Ando
06-04-2010, 06:35 PM
On a side note, I've never been to a midnight madness event, but it seems to me that these would be for collectors rather than the kiddies. In which case the toy stores sell their product but it seems like the kids might be really disappointed the next day when they come in with mom and dad to find the stuff pretty well picked over already.

I went to the last one in July of 2008 at my local TRU here in Portland and there were lots of kids there as well as some of the regular collectors and the store employees made announcements a few times to let people know that another truck would be along the next day with even more product.

Luckily, I got what I wanted: 1 AT-TE and 1 BMF. Those were spendier toys and they had PLENTY of them so I was able to scoop them right up.

We didn't leave the house until 12 am so that we could avoid the line outside the store and the initial stampede and it was actually a pretty decent experience for me and except for people just milling around the product and gawking and not grabbing and making way for others, it was pretty smooth.

I would definitely go to another one, but they'd have to have something pretty cool for me to wanna be shopping after midnight. Like a new Slave I or other large vehicle.