PDA

View Full Version : Worried about not being able to find the new vehicles...

JEDIpartner
06-01-2010, 01:34 PM
I was thinking that it might be difficult to track down the new AT-AT, snowspeeder and the cloud car when they come out. I am unable to get to the stores too often and wondered if anyone else was experiencing such anxiety. Most online places are listing the AT-AT for about $108-$109 and the smaller vehicles for about $29.99. Does the community think it would be prudent to preorder these and pay $20 shipping on these items or just chance my arm and maybe find these at retail? OR... do I just wait for the AT-AT at retail and pick up the smaller vehicles via an online shop?

:(

Darth Metalmute
06-01-2010, 01:44 PM
My guess is that it won't be difficult to find these things at first. You just won't be able to say, "Oh, I'll get these next time."

I think I've seen the Turbo Tank once this year.

If you decide to pre-order, check a coupon code website. Alot of times you can find free shipping codes.

mtriv73
06-01-2010, 01:50 PM
There will be plenty of AT-AT's out there if you're patient. I never had trouble finding BMF's, AT-TE's, or the turbo tank.

The others are another story. If your area is anything like around here, the shelves are full of basic vehicles like the clone wars Jedi Starfighters, the republic tank, and Vaders TIE. It looks like very few of these are moving even with all the sales recently. More of these are coming out as repaints with the new ships so the problem is only going to get worse.

JEDIpartner
06-01-2010, 01:57 PM
The others are another story. If your area is anything like around here, the shelves are full of basic vehicles like the clone wars Jedi Starfighters, the republic tank, and Vaders TIE. It looks like very few of these are moving even with all the sales recently. More of these are coming out as repaints with the new ships so the problem is only going to get worse.

Yeah... that's the part I am most concerned about. I think I might have a look for that coupon code Metalmute suggested and get the smaller vehicles. I have a feeling they are going to be packed in boxes of four:

1 Snowspeeder
1 Cloud Car
1 Clone Interceptor Tank (Blue)
1 Jedi Starfighter

based on THIS (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS94804A).

El Chuxter
06-01-2010, 02:16 PM
I imagine, given Hasbro's love of repacks, that the Cloud Car and Snowspeeder will be in future case assortments as well.

The AT-AT, well, you probably could wait a year and find it at Ross. Big vehicles don't move quickly.

JEDIpartner
06-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Yeah... but I'm kinda not in the waiting mood after the nearly 8-month dry spell!! LOL

DarkJedi5
06-01-2010, 03:12 PM
I haven't got an worries about finding these vehicles. I remember at first that it was really hard to find the last batch of vehicles when they came out new (Vulture Droid, Interceptor Tank and Tankdroid) but now I see one of these mixed in with the other vehicles almost every time I go to a toy store. I'm pretty sure that eventually all of these new vehicles will be as available.

I think this August will be most like 2008 when Legacy first debuted. Before hand, product was put on sale just about everywhere (sound familiar?) and the stores sold through most of their stock. Then there was nothing to find anywhere for a few weeks until the street date when stores opened (I think some TRUs even had midnight madness events, though I wouldn't expect that this time) and there was all of the new product on the shelves. I was on vacation at the time and when I got back two weeks after the street date I had no trouble finding the BMF and the AT-TE which I bought on the same day at the same store. I anticipate finding the BAT-AT just as easily.

JediTricks
06-01-2010, 03:59 PM
There has never been a $20 "starfighter" class vehicle that has been terribly hard to find for long. And with the number of online sources for these things, I doubt you'd need to spend anything over retail to get them quickly. They're not even popular kid designs anymore, and at least 1 has the alternate vintage-style packaging to boot, so there won't be as much furor over them.

Darth Metalmute
06-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Yeah... that's the part I am most concerned about. I think I might have a look for that coupon code Metalmute suggested and get the smaller vehicles. I have a feeling they are going to be packed in boxes of four:

1 Snowspeeder
1 Cloud Car
1 Clone Interceptor Tank (Blue)
1 Jedi Starfighter

based on THIS (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS94804A).

I don't know about you guys, but that pic of the snowspeeder and cloud car makes the waiting that much harder.

I'd worry more about the retail stores getting only the revised cases. Come on Hasbro! Why take out a new vehicle for a repacked Jedi Starfighter?

JediTricks
06-01-2010, 04:32 PM
I think Hasbro may have taken it out due to production levels, probably porting the snowspeeder over to the exclusive packaging. They could have picked a better replacement though, we're already swimming in Obi-Wan's CW JSF as it is, they shouldn't be re-re-re-releasing it until they at least have the corresponding astromech available.

El Chuxter
06-01-2010, 04:52 PM
They should never release a Jedi Starfighter again. Never. The Geneva Convention should be amended to prevent civilized nations from doing so.

I'm just hoping that I get the right vehicles. I'd hate to think I'm getting a Snowspeeder and Cloud Car and get home to find out I accidentally got the tank and the Jedi Starfighter by mistake.

Devo
06-01-2010, 05:03 PM
I was thinking that it might be difficult to track down the new AT-AT, snowspeeder and the cloud car when they come out. I am unable to get to the stores too often and wondered if anyone else was experiencing such anxiety. Most online places are listing the AT-AT for about $108-$109 and the smaller vehicles for about $29.99. Does the community think it would be prudent to preorder these and pay $20 shipping on these items or just chance my arm and maybe find these at retail? OR... do I just wait for the AT-AT at retail and pick up the smaller vehicles via an online shop?

:(

Well, I've got a preorder with BBTS for the AT-AT and snowspeeder. I was too late for the Cloud car. However I'm still going to try to find them at retail here in Ireland because shipping will be expensive and then I'll most likely get hit by customs too. If I find them I'll buy them and just cancel my BBTS orders. Theres no penalty for doing so and its simply a matter of going into your account and reducing your order quantity on the given item to zero.

bigbarada
06-01-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm not too worried about missing out on the big vehicles. If the last few years are any indication, then my Walmart will be flooded with the vehicles and exclusive sets.

Since TRU is an 80-mile round trip for me, then I'm not getting my hopes up over finding the vintage AT-AT box. But I might make a couple trips out there to look for it.

JEDIpartner
06-01-2010, 05:47 PM
I just want the AT-AT ASAP. LOL I'm really more worried about the smaller vehicles 'cos of the way they are packing them. I can just see the reissues lingering on the shelves for months. As far as the packaging goes... I don't care.

Darth Jax
06-01-2010, 07:39 PM
The AT-AT won't be difficult to pick up (unless you insist on the TRU exclusive packaging, which makes it hit or miss). Good luck with the smaller vehicles with the packing and the millions still clogging shelves. Thankfully with a reset they should clear the shelves beforehand and have some room for the one new vehicle and 3 repacks

Ando
06-01-2010, 07:44 PM
I get anxious about finding new vehicles, too, but I have a feeling that after the initial rush, they (the snowspeeder and cloud car) will be easy to find and after a few months, you'll be sick of seeing them on the shelf.

As for the AT-AT, those beasts (based on how easy it was for me to find AT-TE's and Turbo Tanks) will be no problem at all.

I plan on getting 2 of the smaller vehicles (including the blue "interceptor" fighter tank) and at least 1 AT-AT. 2 if my wife finds a new job by then.

Snowtrooper
06-01-2010, 08:02 PM
I'm not worried. I haven't had much trouble finding the vehicles I want the past 3 years. I'm debating about whether to get them in the CW packaging or the Vintage style. It would normally be a no brainer except I haven't heard when the vintage packaging is going to be released and if there will be a price difference. Does anyone know when the Vintage packaging will be released?

JEDIpartner
06-01-2010, 09:22 PM
I believe the "vintage" packaging will be release concurrently with the CW packaging, but at different retailers.

bigbarada
06-01-2010, 09:59 PM
I plan on getting 2 of the smaller vehicles (including the blue "interceptor" fighter tank) and at least 1 AT-AT. 2 if my wife finds a new job by then.

So you're making your wife get a second job so you can afford more Star Wars toys? You're my hero! :thumbsup: :D

Ando
06-02-2010, 11:46 AM
So you're making your wife get a second job so you can afford more Star Wars toys? You're my hero! :thumbsup: :D

Not a second job, a new job. She was laid off on May 7th with 2 months of severance that ends in July.

We both get an "allowance" each month, and I have my own money saved, but if she still doesn't have a job when the severance pay runs out, then I am scaling back my own monthly allowance as well as whatever I planned on spending on toys.

It could be a lean final quarter of the year for Ando and new toy purchases. Fortunately, as much as I want the new stuff coming in August and beyond, I don't feel the need to have as much of it as possible.

Snowtrooper
06-02-2010, 01:02 PM
I believe the "vintage" packaging will be release concurrently with the CW packaging, but at different retailers.

Thats good to hear. If I would've had to wait for 6 months, I'd probably skip the Vintage packaging for sure. The Vintage AT-AT is supposed to be at TRU, which means it could end up costing more. If it ends up being like $20 more, I'll probably pass on it. I'm not sure where the other Vintage vehicles will end up.

JediTricks
06-02-2010, 04:10 PM
They should never release a Jedi Starfighter again. Never. The Geneva Convention should be amended to prevent civilized nations from doing so.But now Malibu Stacy comes in a new package!

El Chuxter
06-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Meh. Oatmeal is still oatmeal. :)

Darth Metalmute
06-02-2010, 06:56 PM
They should never release a Jedi Starfighter again. Never. The Geneva Convention should be amended to prevent civilized nations from doing so.

Yeah, but this is the company that has released a shirtless Maul four times more than needed.

The Space Outlaw
06-02-2010, 08:26 PM
While part of me says "Gee Whiz!" at the vintage packaging, I have to admit it doesn't really matter to me. I'm interested in what's inside the box, not the box itself.

JEDIpartner
06-03-2010, 08:29 AM
Exactly!!! :thumbsup:

bigbarada
06-03-2010, 08:42 AM
While part of me says "Gee Whiz!" at the vintage packaging, I have to admit it doesn't really matter to me. I'm interested in what's inside the box, not the box itself.

I'm pretty much in the same boat, because it effectively doubles the amount of space that this toy will require to display or store. I just can't really figure out where I would put such a large box, since I plan to display my AT-AT loose. Sure I could store it away in a closet, but then what's the point of the vintage packaging if no one is going to see it?

I'll buy mine at Walmart, because then I get to use my employee discount. However, I'll probably take a trip out to TRU and, if the vintage box looks impressive enough in person, then I might consider buying that version; then just deal with the space issue later.

AmanaMatt
06-03-2010, 10:44 AM
I dont have any problems with finding anything...living in Texas aka heart of Walmart - there is literally a Walmart every 6 miles (no joke, thats pretty accurate)

JediTricks
06-03-2010, 04:11 PM
That is my feeling as well. I've been saying lately that I think the vintage packaging gimmick will work bringing back fans, but that'll only last about 6 to 9 months until they realize they're paying a buck more for the same figures with no cool pack-ins only to get classic packaging. The vehicle packaging will be a little more special though.

AmanaMatt
06-03-2010, 06:12 PM
What pack ins are you guys referring to....? I know the legends line does a weapons bonus....but, I cannot think of anything too major that the vintage line couldnt do.

DarkJedi5
06-03-2010, 07:21 PM
More like, they won't do. They say anything additional like a BaD piece or the game they're running in the other lines would clutter up the card (which is probably true) and so they don't want to destroy the nostalgic aesthetic. While they could probably figure out a way to continue with the BaD program or stick the bonus weapons in there, they don't want to and they have said they are limiting things like the tables, chairs, and other set pieces that we saw in the last few lines.