PDA

View Full Version : there usually only two

roneyzf
02-28-2002, 10:46 PM
we know sooner or later that senator palpatine be comes emperor palatine, darth sidious master.

but in the movie darth maul is apprentice to darth sidious.

so is palatine the apprentice of another master, or the master of another apprentice?

according to mace and yoda there usually only two.

or is palpatine really darth sidious ?:confused:

Rollo Tomassi
03-01-2002, 09:43 AM
Hmmmm...this may be a spoiler but,
PALPATINE
IS
SIDIOUS

:D

Obi-Don
03-01-2002, 09:57 AM
So,what are you tring to say Rollo. Palpatine is Sidious?:D What ever in the world would give that idea?:rolleyes: :D

Beast
03-01-2002, 01:02 PM
Palpatine could still always turn out to be a clone of Sidious, as has been discussed many times. But even if that's true, it won't be revieled in this film, according to Moriarty of AICN.com it's still left ambiguos if they are the same person, or that Palpatine is a clone. Remember when you're dealing with clones, all bets are off. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

(Moderator's note - This is the Episode I section, spoilers and conjecture about yet-to-be-released Star Wars films belong in the appropriate forum sections.)

Rollo Tomassi
03-01-2002, 04:17 PM
What? Who? Am I in the wrong section? I didn't realize this was the Episode II (Spoiler) area.

Or maybe just the AOTC toy section.:rolleyes:

stillakid
03-01-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
What? Who? Am I in the wrong section? I didn't realize this was the Episode II (Spoiler) area.

Or maybe just the AOTC toy section.:rolleyes:

I was just thinking the same thing.:frus:

As far as the question at hand goes, minus any ridiculous speculation on the part of spoiler-happy people, GL set the story up in the novel like this:

...Aided and abetted by restless, power-hungry individuals within the government, and the massive organs of commerce, the ambitious Senator Palpatine caused himself to be elected President of the Republic.....Once secure in office he declared himself Emperor, shutting himself away from the populace......Having exterminated through treachery and deception the Jedi Knights, guardians of justice in the galaxy, the Imperial governors and bureaucrats prepared to institute a reign of terro among the disheartened worlds of the galaxy...

and so on.

This isn't to say that Lucas won't contradict himself and change the entire story again, but if he holds to the original plan, then it is absolutely no secret that Palpatine becomes the Emperor and with the mind-numbing bonk-us-over-the-head foreshadowing in TPM, it is more than obvious that Sidious is Palpatine -- no silly cloning scenario's necessary.

stillakid
03-01-2002, 05:08 PM
But if I read your original question correctly, you're asking if Sidious has a Master that is alive and still around somewhere. Who knows? Sure he had someone teach him at some point, but I think that we are led to believe that his master is dead so Sidious/Palpatine needs an apprentice to keep that whole need-2-Sith thing going.

I'm sure that some of the EU fellows would/could fill in that blank.

Jek Porky 2002
03-01-2002, 06:28 PM
In all honesty who sticks to the No Spoilers section anyway.

stillakid
03-01-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002

Umm, I do. At least I try to stay away from the "spoilers" anyway, but too many people try to impress the rest of us by dropping the "hints" that supposedly reveal the next part of the story. Just a friendly reminder to not assume that because you want to know some reportedly inside information that everybody else does too. ;)

Rollo Tomassi
03-02-2002, 02:13 PM

That's not really your decision to make is it? Dropping spoiler bombs in areas that have nothing to do with Episode II (or III) is kinda rude. It's bad enough they were doing it in the toy section. But now it's spreading to the General Discussion section and the non Episode II areas as well. The Phantom Menace is NOT Episode II. Neither is the Classic Trilogy. Neither is the Episode II (no spoiler) section. They have a specific area (well, two counting the AOTC toy area, apparently) where you can discuss all the suprises to your heart's content. This ain't that area. Respect those who wish to remain spoiler free (like stillakid).

HH and MTFBWY.

Rollo T.:)

Pendo
03-02-2002, 03:05 PM

Well I am for Episode III!

PENDO!

chewie
03-02-2002, 05:05 PM
I stick to the conclusion that Palpatine and Sidious are two different people who happen to look EXACTLY alike and who are also both evil and wear black hooded robes and who have the exact same voice. :D

I honestly hope people read this as a joke.

Oh, and there is absolutely no need to have a clone of Palpatine/Sidious. That would only muck up the story for no reason whatsoever.

JediTricks
03-02-2002, 05:57 PM
Sorry spoiler-free gang, I forgot that Jargo quit as Ep 1 moderator and I took a day off; I just removed the spoiler text. Sorry about that folks.

Beast
03-02-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Sorry spoiler-free gang, I forgot that Jargo quit as Ep 1 moderator and I took a day off; I just removed the spoiler text. Sorry about that folks.
Sorry about that JT, I noticed it later that I posted that in the E1 section and couldn't edit at that time. My bad, I will have to be more careful next time. :D I got the threads mixed up, since there are what, 3 different threads discussing Palpy in this context.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lobito
03-05-2002, 05:42 PM
The real question is who taught Darth Sidious...??? As we said b4, maybe he was a Jedi...but then again...who was his Teacher when he was a Jedi??