PDA

View Full Version : Saga Legends Forum

SirSteve
06-08-2010, 03:47 PM
If you are wondering why we now have a "Saga Legends" forum, read this (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=2890).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-08-2010, 05:12 PM
That's very interesting, and I was wondering that myself. It seems like Hasbro just likes to make things confusing for people . . . Thanks for the info.

jjreason
06-08-2010, 05:57 PM
I'm still confused. :( Will there be new (or partly new) figures in both the Vintage and Legacy lines or just the Vintage line???

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-08-2010, 06:12 PM
I'm still confused. :( Will there be new (or partly new) figures in both the Vintage and Legacy lines or just the Vintage line???
There's no more "Legacy" line. The all-new figures are coming in The Vintage Collection on the retro cards (as will some old figures), while the Saga Legends basic figures are similar to how they've been since 2007, meaning they're mostly old figures with some occasional new-ish army builders thrown in. So vintage is "mostly new" while Legends is "mostly old", basically.

JediTricks
06-08-2010, 09:36 PM
This is how they've always done it, we just never saw it this way because it's how they deal with the retailers. The vehicles is even more complicated, Hasbro says there are vehicles for Clone Wars, when in fact the vehicles are all under 1 SKU which it turns out they consider part of Saga Legends.

Tycho
06-09-2010, 07:06 AM
It has confused me for my vehicle poll thread series.

1) New Vehicles will be under the Vintage (re-tread) label, so maybe I should continue my poll series of threads over there? (I'm not thinking so as of yet though.)

2) Saga Legends should just be Darth Vader offered in 1000 of nearly identical formats. ;) (OK - and throw in a lot of other figures you already have). Vehicle re-releases will be in the Vintage packaging, no matter if it's the Twin Pod Cloud Car or anything else, movie related.

3) My polls are now either Prequel Trilogy or EU offerings, as the OT has been exhausted of ideas.

4) I don't think there will actually be any EU vehicles for a while, except in the Clone Wars line - for which I will be polling for (the Twilight, obviously, amongst others). But movie vehicles like the Swamp Speeder and the Droid Gunship might be issued in the Clone Wars line just because they also fit that description.

5) The series is really about "what you would want - and actually buy - out of all of it. But I will be finished with it all in a few more weeks - long before the vintage comes out and even a month before Comic Con.

What to do?

bigbarada
06-09-2010, 02:10 PM
It has confused me for my vehicle poll thread series.

1) New Vehicles will be under the Vintage (re-tread) label, so maybe I should continue my poll series of threads over there? (I'm not thinking so as of yet though.)

2) Saga Legends should just be Darth Vader offered in 1000 of nearly identical formats. ;) (OK - and throw in a lot of other figures you already have). Vehicle re-releases will be in the Vintage packaging, no matter if it's the Twin Pod Cloud Car or anything else, movie related.

3) My polls are now either Prequel Trilogy or EU offerings, as the OT has been exhausted of ideas.

4) I don't think there will actually be any EU vehicles for a while, except in the Clone Wars line - for which I will be polling for (the Twilight, obviously, amongst others). But movie vehicles like the Swamp Speeder and the Droid Gunship might be issued in the Clone Wars line just because they also fit that description.

5) The series is really about "what you would want - and actually buy - out of all of it. But I will be finished with it all in a few more weeks - long before the vintage comes out and even a month before Comic Con.

What to do?

I think all of the new vehicles will be coming out in the Saga Legends line first and foremost. The vintage packaging for some vehicles is just a limited time exclusive.

So any new vehicles (especially non-OT vehicles) should fall under Saga Legends.

JediTricks
06-09-2010, 03:41 PM
New vehicles are all in the Saga Legends line, only the specially-repackaged "vintage" AT-AT, Snowspeeder, and mystery 3rd vehicle are in the Vintage Collection. Steve must have felt that warranted moving all your "new vehicle" polls into this SL forum. So, as BB said, this is the correct forum for them.

DarkJedi5
06-09-2010, 05:18 PM
Speaking of the "vintage" vehicles, any ideas what the mystery one will be? I assume it's the cloud car because I just don't see how Hasbro would have been able to keep a new OT vehicle from leaking when we learned about the snowspeeder and cloud car (not to mention the swamp speeder and droid gunship) ages ago. Couldn't be the Slave I they sorta confirmed because it's in AOTC colors with the ESB repaint "years away".

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-09-2010, 07:21 PM
They've only confirmed the AT-AT, and the rumor is that the other two will be the Snowspeeder and a small-winged TIE Fighter. For those, packaging alone isn't enough to entice me. If they were to repaint the Snowspeeder to belong to someone other than Luke (as in, add more orange), and perhaps add vintage-style battle damage to the TIE, then I'd be interested.

Tycho
06-10-2010, 12:03 AM
What about the Clone Wars line's vehicles?

OK, let me see if I can explain this when I don't know anything :D

(No - seriously. I mean it. I don't know anything.)

Saga Legends -

includes figures everyone already has or didn't pick up the first time around from Darth Vader to Darth Revan, and lots of clones.
includes all vehicles either 1) not from the Clone Wars cartoon or possibly featured in it - from Jedi Starfighters that were also in the movies to things like the Republic Fighter Tank or 2) not put in retro-packaging just for the novelty of it all - like the redone Snowspeeder or BAT-AT that they could slap a Kenner label on just for the novelty of it).

Vintage Redeaux

includes 2 or 3 vehicles that would be Saga Legends, but they slapped a Kenner logo on it, and perhaps a picture of a child playing with the toy reminiscient of the way toys were presented in the '80's.

Clone Wars

The vehicle is new to the cartoon series like The Twilight could potentially be, if made into a toy.
The vehicle also appears in the PT as well as the animated series, so they can entince the kid Clone Wars fans or the CW completist with the packaging change - and maybe a deco change like the AAT Tank.

This being the case, it makes pretty good sense that I run the vehicle discussion threads in the Saga Legends forum like SirSteve prompted, because any vehicle could really appear there and the Expanded Universe includes much more than Clone Wars (which is limited to a particular era in its scope).

I am a genius and just plain brilliant for figuring this out in so many words AFTER SirSteve apparently and previously did. :yes:

All this proves is that I can almost think on his level if I type out a bunch of words and try and sound like I'm reasoning logically. :yes:

This (helps) explains why he's an executive (of the website) and I'm full of hot air.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-10-2010, 03:58 PM
As it has been over the last few years, cases of battle packs and vehicles will continue to include products from both The Clone Wars (animated) line and the realistic line (in this case, "Saga Legends"). So Battle of Hoth will ship with Anti-Hailfire Droid Squad, and Anakin's Jedi Starfighter will ship with Luke's Snowspeeder. They'll be in the same style of packaging, but The Clone Wars products will have that name physically on the packaging, thus differentiating them. The only Saga Legends products that will have the line's name on them are the basic carded figures.

And for the record, the vintage-style line is officially called The Vintage Collection. Not neo-vintage, not Vintage Redeaux (or any other misspelled word), not Vintage Resurrection, not VTLC. The Vintage Collection. Let's get in that habit, shall we?

JediTricks
06-10-2010, 04:16 PM
The Clone Wars name appearing on the packaging makes this more confusing as the CW vehicles are the same SKU as the non-CW vehicles. Therefore, technically, from an supply-side organizational perspective, all "starfighter-class" $20 vehicles are Saga Legends, even Clone Wars. From the demand-side of organizing however, it's seen differently, and it's that dichotomy which I think makes the non-CW vehicles more appropriate to be classified in The Vintage Collection than Saga Legends. SL may be accurate, but it's confusing and doesn't fit the perceptions, and there is ample precedent to separate them by source. Even Hasbro says vehicles are in CW and TVC, despite those vehicles shipping under Saga Legends.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Now that people are finding and opening the realistic vehicles, "The Legacy Collection" is seen on the little instruction booklets, meaning that at least someone at Hasbro considers them to be part of that line. Take that as you will.

JediTricks
07-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Good catch. Saga Legends is "Legacy Collection" to them now, you'll notice they intertwine the terminology. It's a big mess. I'd not count that as anything though after the fiasco with the vintage-style figures from TAC marked "The Saga Collection".

markwa
08-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Are all tne Blue packaging Saga Legends all repacks?

JediTricks
08-02-2010, 10:26 PM
All Saga Legends are repacks, occasionally with slight repaints. This year is no exception, although you'll be able to get the Battle Droid from last year's Target sets on the new Saga Legends card.