PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy Dengar's Swoop?

El Chuxter
06-09-2010, 02:53 PM
This is a one-off parody thread and is not part of a thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case Dengar's Swoop).

I will not cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe. I'll leave that up to Tycho, though this vehicle deserves special attention. He says he'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner. I'll trust him to do so.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy Dengar's Swoop?

This is the vehicle that young Dengar cruised around Corellia on, participating in underground races. This part of Dengar's career has not been explored very much, but the most famous incident was during his final race, where he was cut off by a young jerk named Han Solo and crashed into a parked car, horribly scarring Dengar. Prior to this crash, he looked like Tom Cruise. Afterward, he looked like some hideous Frankenstein/mummy combination played by Johnny Cash. (This gave him the hatred for Han Solo that was required to join the Bounty Hunter's Guild.)

This one is going to be expensive, but cost-controlled by making it off-scale. Let's say about $150 (maybe).

I submit that it could be a re-release of the 1997 Shadows of the Empire Swoop, painted in hot pink with green flames, because that seems like something that seems like something Dengar would like. This could be released in the deluxe line.

However, a better option would be a BattlePack which includes Dengar's Swoop, a Dengar pre-crash figure with snap-on bandages so he can double as the Dengar we're more familiar with, an identical Swoop in black and red, and young Han Solo (who would obviously be a reissue of the VOTC Han Solo that Hasbro loves so much).

What should round out the BattlePack? A 2-1B to apply Dengar's bandages and tell him to "take care, sir"? A resculpted, super-articulated Lyn Me figure?

Or would you prefer Dengar's Swoop from later in life, to include his lovely wife Manaroo along with resculpts of Boba Fett and Dengar in tuxedos (which could be simple headswaps with the existing Indiana Jones sculpt)? Maybe throw in an R2-D2 with drink tray and rice-launching action feature?

So do you want Dengar's Swoop made?

What other features would you want on it?

Why would you NOT want it?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

Should it appear more frequently in the Clone Wars to increase kid-recognition?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-09-2010, 02:54 PM
I don't want it. I need it.

Darth Metalmute
06-09-2010, 03:45 PM
I would buy five of these so I could use them to create a combiner transformer that looks like Dengar. Then I could use actually Band-Aid brand bandages to hold the pieces together. (preferably Clone Wars brand)

I could use this experience to make a better combiner class Tuxedo Dengar Transformer when Hasbro releases a Shadow version of thie vehicle in five years.

Then I would buy a WWE ring from the toy store and make a Rock'em Sock'em Dengar Transformers game.

Slicker
06-09-2010, 07:49 PM
I would definitely buy this. It's on the top of my list along with the CMT. The 2-1B is a given but the addition of Lyn Me (and possibly Bossk?) would definitely round out this phenominal pack. Man, you've got me all moist just thinking about it!

The Space Outlaw
06-09-2010, 08:55 PM
PLEASE tell me they're going to confirm this at SDCC.

Slicker
06-09-2010, 10:14 PM
They haven't yet given explicit word but with 2010 being the 15th anniversary of Morris Bush' death (may he rest in peace) it would almost seem like it's a sure thing.

El Chuxter
06-09-2010, 10:42 PM
I just figured it would be announced at CV. They have to have some reason to have a fifth Celebration, and the announcement of Dengar's Swoop would be more than reason enough.

2-1B
06-09-2010, 10:56 PM
Yes, especially if it includes a packin' Dengar pack in.

Tycho
06-10-2010, 02:28 AM
That was very funny Chuxter. Haha.

But seriously, I'd buy Dengar's swoop and I'd love a racer battlepack that also includes a young Han Solo - but you forgot about Garris Shrike in Pimping Gear!

So you'd get 3 figures and 2 swoop bikes. Overall, that could be a nice little "Dark Times" battlepack.

So yes. I'd buy this.

And I like the idea of the removeable bandages so 2-1B can repair Dengar's bionics. :yes:

JediTricks
06-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Yes, but only if it was a sequel to this: http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=25099

Bel-Cam Jos
06-12-2010, 11:19 AM
If it came with a COMMtech of his lines, yes:

"And I would've won if it hadn't been for that meddlin' Solo!"
"Okay. Now remember; no disintegrations."
"I'm getting married in a couple of weeks, and I'll need a best man. You available?" (Wolverton, p.146)
"This is my backpack. Dengar's backpack."

El Chuxter
07-12-2010, 04:41 PM
I got the Dengar.

He is sweet.

But he needs his Swoop.

Mister Roboto
07-13-2010, 03:58 PM
So do you want Dengar's Swoop made? OYES!

What other features would you want on it? A jar with Greedo's head. If not, I'll settle for Lyn Me and Bossk.

Why would you NOT want it? Maybe if someone was a communist and likes killing puppies. Or maybe someone who thinks the Shamwow guy killed Billy Mays.

How do you think it would sell if produced? OYES!

Should it appear more frequently in the Clone Wars to increase kid-recognition? Maybe