PDA

View Full Version : My BBTS PreOrder came in!

cloneemperor
06-11-2010, 11:31 AM
So a few months ago, I figured, "Why Not?" and placed a preorder for the Titanium box that hadn't been released yet. So now I'm getting my Outrider and my Nebulon B plus 10 others for $85 dollars instead of just the two for the low, low price of at least $130!

They still have more right here (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS17819&mode=retail) if there is anyone interested

Darth Duranium
06-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Nice, Cloneemp! Good on ya, mate. Yeah, those last 2 got heavily scalped.
Did you like them?

cloneemperor
06-11-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm sure I will like them when they get here, but they just got to BBTS yesterday. Can't wait til I have them in my hot little hands though.

cloneemperor
06-25-2010, 07:33 PM
So my box arrived today, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The frigate was quite a bit bigger than I had thought it to be. Based on the pictures I'd seen, I thought it was not going to be as long as the Malevolence, but I thought it was quite a nice size. I also thought the Outrider was a bit bigger than I thought it would be. A little later I will open them and see if my first impressions bear out.

Darth Windu
06-26-2010, 08:31 AM
For me, the Outrider is okay, but the Neb-B is great :)

cloneemperor
06-26-2010, 02:18 PM
After having opened them, I have to say that my initial impressions re the Frigate were borne out. I really like it. It actually seems bigger than most of the other Titanium, and it is mostly metal. Very nice. The Outrider on the other hand wasn't terrible, but neither was it great. I was a bit disappointed that it was over 50% plastic, but still, better that than not getting the Outrider at all. I'm especially glad that I didn't have to spend $60+ on either of them. Now I just have to find the new mold Republic Gunship at a reasonable price and I will have most of the most rare items. The main exception being the gold and clear X-wing.

Darth Duranium
06-26-2010, 05:00 PM
Nice get, Cloneemp! I feel the same way about the Neb and Outrider... Neb's great and Outider's good but not great.

I know somebody who just picked up the gold X-Wing for $140, which is way out of my price range for such things. Still, it'd be nice to have every variant!

BTW the Malevolence is in stock at SFG.

cloneemperor
06-27-2010, 03:46 AM
I've had the Malevolence for a while now, but that one was also part of the box from BBTS, so now I have two until I can sell it or give it away.

By my count I only have 30 more vehicles to get to complete my collection of 3" Titanium scale Star Wars toys and that includes 4 from the X-Ray fleet. I also need to get 1 more Ultra as well. The most rare one after the gold X-wing is probably the new tool Gunship, but there are a few repaints I've had a hard time finding as well.

By the way, has anyone tried to use silver polish or something like that on the three "gold" vehicles, I just got the Millennium Falcon transformers set and I noticed that they and my ComicCon Vader's TIE appear to be quite tarnished. They look significantly more bronze than gold. If you've tried polishing them, what's the result? Thanks!

Darth Duranium
06-30-2010, 07:35 AM
Sorry, I skipped the gold ships so I can't help there. The silver ones don't seem to tarnish much, but then again I've kept them in a sealed box.

You should post a list of which ships you're looking for, Cloneemp... some of us might be able to help you out.

I'm looking for spare Titanium stands!!!! If anybody's got some kicking around, pls. drop me a PM!

cloneemperor
06-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Yeah, I haven't had any of my silver ships tarnish at all, just the gold ones. I may have to post my list later.