PDA

View Full Version : Next vehicles?

PloKoon2385
08-25-2001, 03:01 PM
So.......we are finally getting a TIE Interceptor, and Bomber, and another Snowspeeder. Oh and that AT-ST/Speederbike thing. So.......what can we expect next? I think I heard somewhere, possibly here, that Hasbro's teams are thinking of making an Imperial Shuttle. I think they said it would probably be an exclusive though. NOT TARGET......PLEASE! I would like to see the Republic Cruiser, too. And maybe some EU ships. Oh heck, let's just do 'em all!:D

bigbarada
08-25-2001, 03:19 PM
The only EU vehicle I would actually buy would be Bossk's Hound's Tooth, and then only if it was made roughly the size of Boba's Slave 1.

I'm hoping for an Imperial Shuttle, my Vader and Emperor are still waiting (and my claims of 'it's too expensive' are wearing a little thin!).

I saw on Toysrgus.com a prototype for a Blockade Runner from the ROTJ line, so that would be cool, too.

BenQuad
08-25-2001, 05:41 PM
Gotta be the Imperial Shuttle, they got the molds and everything (I assume)..... its not as if nobody would buy it.

It must be the most oft mentioned of vehicles due for a new airing. Possibly even more than the B- wing, but who knows?

humsup
08-25-2001, 08:24 PM
I would like to see the Imperial Shuttle but that'll surely burn a big hole in my wallet.
On a smaller version, I would like to see a Tie Defender, that'll be cool and supposedly, less costly.

Starfig873
08-25-2001, 08:49 PM
Now if they do any more EU vehicles they really must make "The Moldy Crow", Kyle Katarns ship.

I'd definitly buy a Shuttle. Such a great and large ship, Hasbro can't help but re-make it sometime. I think they should even redo the Twin Pod Cloud Car. And it should come with TWO pilots. Sheesh, no way should we let Hasbro gip us on that. :D

PloKoon2385
08-25-2001, 10:14 PM
Not just Hound's Tooth. I'd like the IG-2000, and Mist Hunter also. I also want the Virago made. A Jabba's Sail Barge would be cool, but HUGE! I want a Sandcrawler too. And Cloud Car. I want it all!:D

JediCole
08-25-2001, 10:23 PM
I had read in the distant past that there was to have been a <choke> Target exclusive Twin Pod Cloud Car with, yes, one pilot. Presumably this would have allowed the release of a second, perhaps slightly different, Pilot on a card. Nothing further has surfaced on that one, so who knows. Though Target must be pleased with the exclusivity program. How often to you get a guarunteed sell out as a retailer.
The Imperial Shuttle should be a shoe-in for the next release. The real detractor is Hasbro's recent facination with window boxing everything in sight. It looks wonderful but it is not really conducive to a piece that large. It needs the protection of a solidly constructed box with interior inserts for support. If one must have a pack-in figure, what would it be with this vehicle? Should it be an articulated Endor Han? An articulated "Pilot" Chewie (with headset)? A new Emperor? Perhaps a Dignitary to force even those like me who have their original vintage shuttle and therefore would not otherwise want one to have to buy one anyway just for the figure?
One vehicle that is often forgotten in the realm of "they already have the mold" is the Sandcrawler. You are deluding yourself if you imagine one along the lines of Michael Fright's masterwork, in actual scale. But the vintage Radio Controlled Sandcrawler is quite a serviceable alternative to, say, NOTHING. I have one myself (sans control, but that did not matter to me) and though it is not remotely (no pun intended) accurate in scale, it is still an impressive piece, especially in the level of detail. Droid pack-ins would be most welcome. I think this would be a good way to release the multi-armed droid, the mine-sweeper droid and the rest that were offered to Owen Lars as they are not overly marketable and are rather cumbersome for carded release. (I was telling Sith Worm just the other day that it would be cool to have that mine-sweeper droid cast in translucent plastic (the dome part anyway) which is painted over in the gray/green of the shell except for two strips running the lenght of the dome, parallel to each other. Under the dome would be a mechanism with wheels which drive two bands in black and yellow at intervals which occur just under the unpainted stips of the dome. When the droid is rolled on its wheels, the strips give the illusion of lights under the shell lighting intermittently as in the movie. Yes, I give a LOT of thought to Star Wars toys and sometimes drive Mrs. JediCole insane.

GNT
08-26-2001, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by PloKoon2385
A Jabba's Sail Barge would be cool, but HUGE! I want a Sandcrawler too. And Cloud Car. I want it all!:D

Maybe they could release Jabba's Barge in a couple of parts so that it wouldn't cost as much?

Starfig873
08-26-2001, 07:34 AM
Ooh! Great idea GNT! It could all start off with the Leia w/cannon!

Maybe it could come in two peices...a back end and front end, and inside would be enough space for a new ROTJ Jabba and several figures, it could all be connected with hinges. It should have "battle-damage" panels that pop off...ooh! This thing could be just as cool as the shuttle.

JediTricks
08-26-2001, 09:12 AM
I'd like to see a better-looking TIE Fighter.

JediCole
08-26-2001, 10:59 AM
In regard to Jabba's Sail Barge, I would not be in the least bit surprised to discover that the Princess Leia deluxe figure's cannon slots perfectly into the deck of a new Jabba's Sail Barge vehicle. Of course the thing would be HUGE, and they would probably take more than a few liberties, like having only enough space for Jabba but not his throne, but it would still make an incredible vehicle. Hopefully with a couple of translucent pieces that fit into the bottom to give it a low hover effect.

Neo Solo
08-26-2001, 03:50 PM
I'd like to see a sandcrawler that comes in 4 seperate pieces. Each piece has a track assembly and is built up from there. This way, if you could only afford 1 piece, it could be some kind of mutated Jawa transport. Each piece also comes with 2 figures. Total size - 4' high x 3' long x 2-1/2' wide. And 8 unique, never before produced figures.

stillakid
08-26-2001, 04:30 PM
I'm happy to say that I have both the vintage Shuttle and the Sandcrawler (sans remote, like everybody else). While it would be cool for everyone if these were released with design changes plus a worthwhile figure, I'm kind of hoping to see a new Death Star playset at some point.

If you're familiar with the vintage one, I've got something in mind that is essentially four of those that link together in the middle, like a pie and have rounded exterior panels. The idea being that when you put it all together, it looks like a ball from the outside.

Sure, it might run on the pricey side, but couldn't possibly be more than $80. The AT AT's did fairly well at that price and from what I can tell, just about everybody who wanted the Queen's ship bought it. The sheer "coolness" of this new Death Star would attract kids and collectors alike. It could even integrate the different rooms from ANH and ROTJ in the same toy to maximize it's playability.

Hmm, I think I'll post this in the Dear Hasbro section too.

BenQuad
08-26-2001, 06:08 PM
I still kinda like my old cardboard death star.... I got years of fun out of it. Last time I looked it was tucked away somewhere real safe - hopefully safer than my music collection my parents "looked after" for me when I left home. :(

evenflow
08-26-2001, 07:06 PM
i want:

Sandcrawler
escape pod
cloud car
sail barge
imperial shuttle

Fulit
08-27-2001, 10:56 AM
forgive my ignorance, but what is a TIE Defender?

PloKoon2385
08-27-2001, 01:52 PM
A TIE Defender is a damn cool ship. Can I say damn? Oh well, I said it twice now. Anyways.......it looks like a TIE Interceptor with three "prongs" instead of two. It is better than most Rebel fighters. It is pretty cool and somewhat big too.:D

Fulit
08-27-2001, 01:57 PM
I must see this. Was it in any of the movies? I don't remember it.

PloKoon2385
08-27-2001, 02:07 PM
Not in the movies. It is in just about every Star Wars computer game that features fighters though. Star Wars: Rebellion, X-Wing, TIE Fighter, X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter, etc. It is a rather cool thing though.:D

BenQuad
08-27-2001, 04:52 PM
TIE Defender..... cool ship, but its just more EU.

Not that EU is bad, there are just so many vehicles that ought to be done first.

REPEAT.... I am NOT knocking EU.

Fulit
08-27-2001, 04:57 PM
Oh, stop knocking EU, Ben Quad ;) Seriously, I agree, if it's EU it can wait, we need an Imperial Shuttle.

BenQuad
08-27-2001, 05:07 PM
Hey Fulit, that's BenQuad. No space or nothing - respect please. :)

The shuttle would be the best though, sadly I can't see Hasblow making it, till the OT comes out on DVD..... then again, were we really expecting the B-Wing?

They have been throwing in a few surprises recently, guess we ought to be ready for anything. :cool:

PloKoon2385
08-27-2001, 05:17 PM
Well the Imperial Shuttle is definitely a given. So what else do you guys want? :confused:

BenQuad
08-27-2001, 06:04 PM
The Sail Barge would be AWESOME, but we'd be talking BIG BUCKS.

It does seem to be a toy from the original line that was somewhat absent.

But what about scale? I've seen a few custom barges that really did pass muster - but they all fell short of being to scale.

How close to scale would you want the sail barge? (Cost obviously being a big factor)

Lobito
08-27-2001, 08:38 PM
Besides the Shuttle, Sandcrawler, Cloud car, and Sail barge??? I would like as i said in another thread, the Rebel Transport and also the escape pod.

Hope we get them all.

Rollo Tomassi
03-22-2002, 07:51 AM
Cloud Car w/pilot
Escape Pod
Sail barge (Nice call on the Leia w/cannon, Starfig!)

oh...and a SITH INFILTRATOR:mad: