PDA

View Full Version : Target's sudden lack of figures

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-11-2010, 03:03 PM
I read about it on another site, and have since seen it for myself in three stores - for some reason, Target has removed all of their basic figures from the shelves. Is anyone else seeing this? Does anyone know what happened to them (did Target remove them, did Hasbro take them back, or what)? I assume they wanted to clear stock before the August reset, but isn't this a bit premature? Maybe they're wanting to ship out later waves that haven't been seen as much, like the Aayla Secura and Darth Sidious Clone Wars waves, which have likely been prevented from seeing much distribution given stores choking on Admiral Yularen (note to Hasbro: despite supposed demand, Imperial officers are never good sellers, even in animated form). But the figures aren't even in clearance aisles, or anything; I bought two Super Battle Droids at $5 each the other day, and was still hoping to maybe get a few more army builders at that price, but it looks like they don't want me to have them.

JediTricks
06-11-2010, 04:43 PM
A buddy of mine called from Vegas to say his Target had taken down all the SW figures. It was odd because I was just walking out of a local Target here that had the normal assortment.

El Chuxter
06-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Two Targets today, and neither was short on figures. 99% of what one had was Clone Wars, but another appeared to have just put out the TPM wave with the Tartakovsky gladiator droid quite recently.

dr_evazan22
06-11-2010, 09:18 PM
My local Target had the regular number of pegs (15-20?), but they only had enough figs for about 1/peg. Normal assortment of other SW items, like the starships and such.

autumnsdescent
06-11-2010, 10:10 PM
The Target, Walmart, and TRU stores here in Indianapolis are wiped out. Average of 10 or fewer figs on the pegs. Last restock was mid-May. Our local Hasbro rep came through and took away 99% of the Saga Plo Kloons and SaeSee Tins, which revealed what the real stock was left: Nothing.

Everything is dead - waiting for the relaunch in August.

It is obvious that if you didn't find the EU wave in May in Indianapolis, you won't find it unless you purchase online.

JediTricks
06-12-2010, 04:27 PM
I hit Target yesterday, sure enough, no more figures. They had 2 SWTFs left on sale, $10, I bought the AAT. No more figures was weird, Clone Wars is still an active line.

autumnsdescent
06-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Attached to this post are 2 pictures taken yesterday- one at a local Target and one at a local Walmart in Indianapolis. This is what we're seeing at most stores right now...

Background Character
06-12-2010, 06:03 PM
The Target by me has completely wiped out all of their single carded figures. Not a single one from any line and they had a bunch last week. They still have the ships, accessories like Clone Helmets, lightsabers, Galactic Heroes, SW Transformers. They did restock the Target two-pack Geonosis exclusives and all of them were available.

Also, at Toys R Us, they have gotten rid of alot of the Kloons and Tins and have the most current Clone Wars and EU wave (none of the actual EU characters, just the repacks of Luke and such with the new droid pieces).

On a more curious note, however, they have ended their $4.99 sale which was supposed to go to July 3 and bumped the figs back up to their normal price.

I was thinking between the unusual activity at both stores, that maybe Hasbro is going to launch the reset earlier than initially stated. Wouldn't Target rather have something on the shelf than nothing? That space costs them alot in rent, doesn't seem like a responsible move on their part to leave half an aisle wall empty.

P.S. This was in NJ in case anyone is wondering.

figrin bran
06-12-2010, 09:53 PM
I went to two Targets today - One had no SW figures whatsoever and the other only had a few Clone Wars figures - Snowbi Wan wave, in fact.

jamesbondo07
06-13-2010, 09:02 AM
My local target's pegs are empty now too.

sonofsokol
06-13-2010, 02:54 PM
I went to my closest Target yesterday and found one lonely Nikto Gunner. It made me sad to see him there all alone, so I bought him.

They still had 2 Clone Wars Y-wings at full price, some clone trooper helmets and blasters price and a bunch of transformers. I would have bought a Y-wing if it had been marked down even a little. After getting the AT-TE and Turbo Tank for $50, I just couldn't pull the trigger at $65 or whatever. I am sure as soon as they are marked down they will disappear quickly.

Darth Jax
06-13-2010, 10:15 PM
went by target earlier today. same dozen or so figures hanging on the pegs that have been there for the last month. course this target has pegs full of gi joe movie toys that they haven't clearanced yet either.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-14-2010, 12:36 AM
Here, it just looks like they have gradually been selling with no replenishment. I was in Springfield, MO this weekend, and it was about the same there as it was here in Bellingham, WA, except I notice they had some of Wedge's X-Wings, which I don't think we have here anymore.

Tycho
06-14-2010, 05:57 AM
I went to two Targets today - One had no SW figures whatsoever and the other only had a few Clone Wars figures - Snowbi Wan wave, in fact.

But no Talz (Thi Sien or whatever his name is) right?

Are the Firefighter Battle Droids or even the TX-20 Tactical Droid in that assortment?

autumnsdescent
06-14-2010, 07:04 AM
I have never seen Thi Sien or CW Darth Sideous at retail here in Indianapolis. (And yet I found the EU wave 3 times.) Other collector friends assure me they have seen these 2 CW figs, albeit rarely. I found the TX-20 Tactical Droid once at a Walmart about 3 months ago and passed on it, thinking I would find it later. Oops. I find it interesting that those 3 figures seem as difficult to find as the EU wave.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-16-2010, 02:32 AM
At a Walmart today, I saw that their stock had also been almost depleted. There was still quite a few Clone Wars figures, a Jeremoch Colton, and two Legends Obi-Wans, but every other basic figure was gone. I'm thinking they did a mass pull-back of Saesee Tiin and Plo Koon, and I can't blame them.

El Chuxter
06-16-2010, 09:07 AM
It'd be sorta funny if all the "recalled" figures over the years weren't really gone, and we got some massive Legends or Greatest Hits wave of Yarna, Neimodian Gunners, Saessee Tiin, and Plo Koon.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Legends indeed. Pegwarming legends.

DarkArtist
06-16-2010, 10:57 AM
stopped by yesterday at a local Target and the only figure on the pegs was one lonely Yarna figure....ouch.... very very very sad...but hopefully this means that Target is getting ready to gear up for a mega re-launch once the Vintage line hits....

really was hoping to snag some A-Team stuff but all they had was the 12" statues and wasn't really into them.

Tycho
06-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Yarna? Really? She hasn't been hanging around here since 2009.

Her figure actually sold through in San Diego eventually.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-16-2010, 02:49 PM

Her figure actually sold through in San Diego eventually.
I actually sort of doubt that. Hasbro pulled her off the shelves last year, along with the Organas and some slower-selling cantina patrons. So, in the unlikely event that she actually did sell through, your area must be the only one.

Ando
06-16-2010, 02:52 PM

I see Yarna in Portland EVERY DAMN TIME I go look at SW figures.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Occasionally, I saw Yarna with a First Day Issue sticker, but not within the last couple months or so.

Today, I saw something I never thought I'd see; with the pegs empty of Hasbro SW figs, there were Lego SW sets with those plastic hooks attached so the boxes can hang in the same place where figures would normally be. Hmm...

RamaSha
06-17-2010, 01:42 PM
I saw a 1st day Yarna at Kohl's this weekend.

Anyway something strange happened at my local Target (at least according to a buddy of mine) He calls me up and tells me that all the SW figures are gone from Target. This kinda sucked for me cause I had planned on going back this week and picking up a Stormtrooper and Snowtrooper that they had, but not a huge loss. So a few days later he calls me again and tells me they are back. And sure enough they were back on the pegs. But some of them where missing. Like a Rancor Keeper and Legends Sandtrooper. Then there were figures that weren't there last time like a AT-AT Driver and Luke Snowspeeder pilot. Don't know what that was all about, but I got my Stormtrooper and Snowtrooper so I was happy.

JediTricks
06-18-2010, 03:40 PM
My local Target had added a few lost figures, a couple ARF Troopers and a smattering of less-interesting additions. I bought the ARF Troopers since they were still $5.

Cane_Adiss
07-12-2010, 11:22 AM
My local Target did the same thing, they removed all the figures from the pegs (and there were several) and about a week later restocked but only like one case of Legacy ESB revision Wave which has since sold through.

Interestingly, of the figures they removed most were Willrow Hood, Wing Guards, Plo Koons, Malakilis and Saesee Tiins. What's funny is that none of these figures (except Tiin) pegwarmed anywhere else but Target. At my three WM's, TRU and Kmart all of these figures sold through pretty well.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-12-2010, 07:06 PM
They're not figures, but with this lack at Target, perhaps you'll forgive me for this comment. Anyone seen those head magnets of SW characters? They're in the trading card aisle. They seem expensive (2 heads for $4 or so) to me. Should I stop collecting action figures and take up these instead? :rolleyes:

jonthejedi
07-14-2010, 05:47 AM
I did spot those looking for ESB 3-D cards. Are they even selling?

JediTricks
07-16-2010, 05:30 PM
They're not figures, but with this lack at Target, perhaps you'll forgive me for this comment. Anyone seen those head magnets of SW characters? They're in the trading card aisle. They seem expensive (2 heads for $4 or so) to me. Should I stop collecting action figures and take up these instead? :rolleyes:
I believe they're a Japanese import, if they're the ones I'm thinking of. I haven't seen them yet, but I remember at Comic-Con last year, a company I didn't know was getting plans ready to put out the Japanese head magnets, they looked really nice but their import/distribution plans were a little on the "not ready to go" side at the time.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-17-2010, 12:15 PM
I guess if I wanted to put my report card on the 'fridge, one of them might be okay. I've not seen anyone pick one up.

bkusna
07-17-2010, 03:18 PM
they are cool....got 14 different ones so far

DarkArtist
07-18-2010, 02:48 PM
stopped by target yesterday to see if I could score the last 3 A-Team figures on sale....big sale figures regularly $5.99... now on sale for $5.85 and all they had was 2 of Lynch.

anyway figured let me see what type of SW stuff they had on the pegs and low and behold one lonely smashed up carded Plo Koon from the Legends line.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-18-2010, 02:51 PM
The Star Wars section now has different stuff on the pegs, though there were still three Geonosis 2-packs on the shelf below. The remaining figure had been moved down the aisle a bit and are in one narrow column. So, I don't know where they will put the new stuff when it comes in.

bkusna
07-18-2010, 02:51 PM
My walmart in OKC has been cleaning the shelves in preparation for the "figure re-set"..an employee said in 3 weeks

Bel-Cam Jos
07-28-2010, 02:11 PM
Still gaps and barren, empty pegs at Target, but with a new twist: the lightsabers (both electronic and plastic extentible) there have the new blue CW packaging. Might they spring the 8/6 street date early soon, too?

nohagent
07-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Broke down and bought wedge's x-wing at 24.99 at my nearest barren target. Thinking I will never see 12.99. My main Walmart still has about 40+ AT-ST at full price.

bkusna
07-28-2010, 04:24 PM
the wedge x-wings look great in a hoth hanger .....it's deco looks alot like the NEW snowspeeder's....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-28-2010, 05:22 PM
One nearby Target put all their remaining stuff on clearance, which was old comic packs ($7.44), deluxe Dooku with Speeder Bike and Battle Droid sets ($7.44), Clone Wars Dooku ($3+), and some clone helmets (around $20). Another one had been completely reset, with empty pegs waiting for the new stuff (though they already had some lightsabers, as Bel-Cam's did as well). The little plan-o-gram sheet said it was for August 1, so I'll definitely be hitting Targets this Sunday.