PDA

View Full Version : Would You Buy Bail Organa's Airspeeder From ROTS?

Tycho
06-21-2010, 02:52 PM
I am continuing my 3 3/4" vehicle thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case Bail Organa's Airspeeder From ROTS).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the remaing movies that have vehicles left which were never made or polled for, as well as the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy Bail Organa's Airspeeder From ROTS?

This would have be for the $24 star fighter assortment - probably.

This vehicle was different enough from Anakin's AOTC airspeeder he pursued Zam Wessel in that it would have to be an all-new sculpt. A red repaint would not work!

A pack-in figure of the speeder pilot Bail Organa in all black would be sweet. This could also work in a battlepack with 2-3 501st Clone Troopers and Zett Jucasa. (Bail wears an outfit for which a figure of him was already made (the the first ROTS one from 2005) when he rescues Yoda.) Hasbro could cut costs by packing in existing figures, but I need to state that for my own personal satisfaction, I want the cool wardrobe change that served as his airspeeder pilot costume.

This airspeeder vehicle need not do anything, that's why it's better off being in a battlepack as the craft would have no action features.

Do you want this made?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

Do you want to see it featured again in The Clone Wars to create further recognition?

This will be the last vehicle poll from ROTS. I'd originally forgotten about it. PT polls will continue for only a couple more weeks at the most, with the remaining options from TPM and AOTC. The Expanded Universe Polls still have a lot of exciting options.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-21-2010, 03:00 PM
I thought we already did this one? Anyway, yes, I want this one. Even though Bail doesn't sell well, I like his character and this is a pretty spiffy ship. I, too, want the speeder pilot figure, but I won't be crushed if they don't make him (and I'm counting on them not making him).

Tycho
06-21-2010, 03:05 PM
We did Anakin's airspeeder from ROTS. The craft he used to race from the Jedi Temple to Palpatine's office when the Sith Lord revealed himself and attacked Mace.

It won, and Hasbro could repaint it to also represent Obi-Wan's airspeeder he took to Padme's apartment just before he stowed away on her starskiff as she headed to Mustafar.

JediTricks
06-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Eh, I'm on the fence. It's rocking the "Tucker" center headlight and front end styling, but it's a bit similar to Anakin's AOTC speeder. Also, it's really small.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/XJ-2_airspeeder

I would buy this, but I would not campaign for it. So it's a lukewarm "yes".

Bel-Cam Jos
06-21-2010, 04:12 PM
It could come with the cloak-less Yoda with tracking device that everyone's been asking for all these years.

What? Really? Oh. My bad. :rolleyes:

It would likely be a relatively inexpensive vehicle if it were figure-less, and decently-priced if it came with Bail or Bail and Yoda. I'm with JT in giving it a lukeskywarmer desire for it.

Darth Metalmute
06-21-2010, 04:28 PM
It's not something I need, nor nessesarily want. But if done in a cinema scene, I might buy it.

Snowtrooper
06-22-2010, 12:24 AM
I'd buy one. A battlepack would be the way to do this one. As Tycho mentioned, make it with an all new Bail and put in a couple of 501st clones, and you have a decent BP. I don't think it would be one that would fly off the shelves, like the Yavin hangar one did.

DarkJedi5
06-22-2010, 01:42 AM
Not the most interesting ship left in ROTS but I'd get one.

bigbarada
06-22-2010, 08:55 AM
Nah, there was nothing about Bail Organa's character that I found even remotely interesting, so this is a big time pass for me.

mtriv73
06-22-2010, 10:21 AM
If it came with a baby Leia in a carseat (speederseat?) I'd buy it. Otherwise, no.

Darth Jax
06-22-2010, 01:34 PM
not interested. next...

Tycho
06-23-2010, 01:43 AM
For any PT / Exp. Univ. haters out there, we've completely polling for everything onscreen in the OT and the final results and discussion is located here. (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42622)

For the most part, these are new and first-time-ever-produced ships that could be made from the first Star Wars saga (just in case folks out there ARE PT or EU haters).

There will be some OT offerings from amongst the beasts that could be suggested - and some will have to be "expanded upon," because like the dianoga in the trash compactor, the whole creature wasn't actually seen in the movie.

I will also poll for PT and EU beasts as well, but we'll be slower getting to that as long as there are some PT (and plenty of EU) vehicles that could be looked at.

TeeEye7
06-23-2010, 04:28 AM
Nah, there was nothing about Bail Organa's character that I found even remotely interesting, so this is a big time pass for me.

Sounds like BigB is going to bail on this issue! ;)

DarkArtist
06-23-2010, 09:26 AM
I'd vote yes on this. it's a cool design and would look really cool fleeing the scene of Order 66..

this would make an awesome set with perhaps a 501st Clone Trooper and of course a new Bail figure, maybe even Yoda as well.