PDA

View Full Version : August 6 - on-shelf date

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Some guy (http://www.reviewstarwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=58&start=4905#p216003) got some new Vintage Collection figures, Clone Wars figures, and vehicles early thanks to a connection with a comic book store owner. It's a bit hard to tell, but one shot has a Hasbro box with a sticker that says "Do not put on shelf before the week of August 6, 2010." The picture doesn't show which box it's on, but I'm going to assume that all the products have the same thing (and the story mentions that the store owner talked about the do-not-sell issue, so it's definitely not from some other line or something).

I wonder if there's going to be a specific reset or - dare I say it? - midnight madness for these releases. At any rate, I'm just glad that I'll have a few weeks to get some more money for these. :p

Bel-Cam Jos
06-22-2010, 08:17 PM
But Aug. 6, 2010 is a Friday. Is that "the week of..."? Or will that date be the mysterious midnight event? Interesting information there...

JEDIpartner
06-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Yea!!!!!!!

DarkArtist
06-24-2010, 12:05 PM
But Aug. 6, 2010 is a Friday. Is that "the week of..."? Or will that date be the mysterious midnight event? Interesting information there...

ok. what's so big about the week of August 6th ? drawing a blank here. as far as Midnight Madness I don't think TRU would have one since there is no movie to follow up with.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-24-2010, 12:13 PM
To me, "the week of..." means the start of that week, not its end. It's no big deal, just semantics. Maybe stores have their "weeks" start on Fridays (like the fiscal year that starts in July). I may have just confused myself... :crazed:

DarkJedi5
06-24-2010, 12:27 PM
I think what he's suggesting is that "week of" means we could see the figures any time that week, not on a specific day (frustrating, imo, because it means you gotta make a trip out to the stores every day until the new stuff shows up). I don't think the week itself has any significance.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-24-2010, 02:06 PM
July 26, 2008 was a Saturday - the day all the Legacy Collection and Clone Wars products were first released. I don't expect to find anything before August 6, but if I do, it's gravy.

And just for another bit of proof, here (http://www.yakface.com/2010/june/donot.html) is a shot of the Vintage Collection box with the sticker on it.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Is this date supposed to apply to Clone Wars and Legends as well? I was in Fred Meyer today and saw a few of them. Only thing that appeared to be a new figure was the CW Aurra Sing, so I picked that one up. I considered getting the SL AOTC Clone. They had an AOTC Obi-Wan that appeared to be a kit bash of the Outlander Club version upper body and arms with new legs with hinged knees. Didn't look closer to see if they were ball-jointed and not just hinged.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-26-2010, 12:04 AM
Is this date supposed to apply to Clone Wars and Legends as well? I was in Fred Meyer today and saw a few of them. Only thing that appeared to be a new figure was the CW Aurra Sing, so I picked that one up. I considered getting the SL AOTC Clone. They had an AOTC Obi-Wan that appeared to be a kit bash of the Outlander Club version upper body and arms with new legs with hinged knees. Didn't look closer to see if they were ball-jointed and not just hinged.
That's very interesting, as yes, the date is technically supposed to apply to everything. That Obi-Wan looks to be the same one (http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0339obiwanonp.asp) from 2003, which did indeed have hinged knees (and different accessories).

Someone on Jedi Temple Archives (http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6457/#details) also got figures at Fred Meyer. Apparently those employees can't read stickers on boxes . . . or maybe I'm just jealous since there's no Fred Meyer stores here. :p

Mad Slanted Powers
06-26-2010, 12:51 AM
This was the last place I expected to find them. Both of the Fred Meyer stores here have had their pegs clogged with the blue/white Legacy figures, though they did have some 2009 CW and SL. I just happened to swing by the aisle today and saw the figures there.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-26-2010, 03:17 AM
Sorry, accidentally posted something here that was meant for the Pit.

Snowtrooper
06-27-2010, 11:47 AM
TRU.com has the new wave up for sale and they are listed as shipping in 1-2 days. The bad news is they are $9.99 apiece. The good news is they are having a BOGO sale going on. Bad news, the are out of stock of everything except the 3P0. Good news, they still have the Cloud Car and Snowspeeder.

I guess the Aug 6. shelf date didn't mean much to them.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-27-2010, 06:22 PM
The fact that they're $9.99 on there doesn't bode well for their in-store pricing. Hopefully TRU will realize that the other stores don't have them that expensive . . . well, I guess I should say that hopefully the other stores don't have them that expensive . . .

Mad Slanted Powers
06-27-2010, 11:27 PM
The Aurra Sing I got at Fred Meyer was $5.79, but that is probably because they still have all the old stuff that needs to be cleared out, and the new stuff got priced the same.

JEDIpartner
06-29-2010, 12:59 PM
The things posted on HTS have a ship date of 26 July 2010, so you may or may not be getting them before people. Just thought I'd point that out. Apparently, the Snowspeeders and Cloud Cars are shipping from Entertainment Earth as I type.

Snowtrooper
06-29-2010, 03:17 PM
I ordered a Cloud Car and snowspeeder from TRU and they shipped yesterday.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-29-2010, 03:32 PM
I also just ordered the Cloud Car, Snowspeeder, and the new Grievous for free shipping, as I figured if I can get them a month early and cheaper than they'll be in-store (thanks to the buy one, get one 50% off), I might as well. I just realized, though, that the vehicles have the same item number. Hopefully I'll get the proper ones.

EDIT: Now when I look to review the order, the item numbers are different. All right, then.

tagmac
06-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Well, due to the odd release dates, I missed out on the HTS preorder. :upset: The only figs left are the ones I DON'T want to get. And since I already have three snowspeeders, I'm gonna wait on the Coud Car for now.

As for the TRU pricing, they have the FU 5-packs listed at $34.99 each, which is clearly higher than the in-store price. The $9.99 price point there might not be the same in the stores if the comparison holds true.

Mvader91
06-29-2010, 05:59 PM
:upset:That is just typical toysrus. They raise all of their exclusive prices after a few weeks!!:upset:

tagmac
06-29-2010, 06:06 PM
I'll say this much - considering I have all the previous VOTC figs, the only ones worth getting for me out of this set is Han (the only truly "new" figure), Leia, Cloud Car Pilot, and Dak, and *maybe* Dengar (need to see the face on this one in person - the TRU pics look like a photoshopped Han Solo face), along with the Cloud Car. The packaging alone is not worth my spending the money anymore.

JEDIpartner
07-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Basically, every online retailer that's NOT Hasbro Toy Shop that has the inventory in-stock is shipping what they have, which is wicked cool!!!!

tagmac
07-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Of course, every online retailer that's not HTS is already out of them, or (like Wal-Mart & Target) doesn't have them at all!

Speaking of which, I just got lucky. HTS had the figures up again, and I manged to pre-order Han, Leia, Cloud Car Pilot, and Boba Fett. Had Dak in my cart, but in the process of ordering, he sold out. And not a minute after I finished my order, most of them were sold out, too. Also went to TRU.com to order the Cloud Car. This way, I figure I'll only have to worry about finding Dack, whom I'm sure wil eventually pop up on HTS again, and save myself the trip.

As for my earlier comment about TRU's pricing - forget what I said. I was in the store, and the 5-packs are $34.99 there, too. Sounds like TRU sees the packaging, and is pricing them like the VOTC figs were, even though they aren't the same thing.

bigbarada
07-01-2010, 02:50 PM
90% of the enjoyment of toy collecting for me is actually going to the store and finding new product on the shelves. It's rare that I am looking forward to a figure so much that I order it online first to make sure I don't miss out on it. Maybe 1-2 or two figures a year, if that.

Plus, I'm super picky about paint applications, especially in the face and eyes; so I prefer to inspect each figure personally before purchasing them.

So far, in waves 1 and 2, there is nothing that I'm super excited about and nothing that I can't wait until August 6th to start looking for. Wave 3 might be a different story however, and that might be the very first Star Wars wave ever that I order as a case. Especially if they only show up in Targets like last year's ROTJ wave did.

autumnsdescent
07-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Toys r Us castleton just put out new legends and Clone Wars.:tired: Bogo is still in effect.

Saw your post at 12:54 EST today. I was at the store within 45 minutes. They only had just about a half-dozen legends remnants left (in the new packaging) on the pegs.

A buddy of mine managed to score the entire Vintage wave and what he wanted from the new CW and Legends waves from TRU castleton this morning at opening. And of course it's buy one get one half off right now, so he made out fairly well.

When I was leaving the store this afternoon, apparently the district manager was there. He asked as I was leaving if I found everything alright. I asked if he knew that his store apparently broke street date with new Hasbro products. He tried to justify it but, yeah, he basically knew he was breaking street date and it was his call. I know this store's hasbro rep. I have half a mind to give her a call...

I was really hoping for another midnight madness event this year...

Bel-Cam Jos
07-01-2010, 03:45 PM
90% of the enjoyment of toy collecting for me is actually going to the store and finding new product on the shelves. It's rare that I am looking forward to a figure so much that I order it online first to make sure I don't miss out on it. Maybe 1-2 or two figures a year, if that.And for me, that other 10% is seeing the same figure at a "legitimate businessman's" display at a show for 200% more. :p

I only recently started buying figures online, and ususally they're quite out of date, not new product. I'll try to get them at legit retail prices, but if not, I will survive, hey hey.

Ando
07-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Fred Meyer broke the street date 2 years ago on the last big reset (but only on the Saga Legends and by only about 2-3 weeks).

Man I hate street dates for toys. If you have it, sell it.

In the mean time, I ordered 2 Snowspeeders, Bossk, and Dengar on one TRU order and 2 Cloud Cars and IG88 on another so I could take advantage of the BOGO offer on the vehicles and still get free shipping.

Not a bad deal at all. They should be arriving here next week.

Depending on how I feel when they arrive, the Cloud Cars may get boxed back up and returned but I am definitely keeping the Snowspeeders and bounty hunters. Now I will have all of the ESB bh's -- I skipped them (Bossk+IG88) the last time around and don't have Dengar.

Major Karr
07-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Saw/bought new figures at the Target in DC - got the 11 vintage, the new 4(?) CW and passed on legends since I can never tell what are repacks and what are new. They were on the pegs in the decimated SW section. Had no trouble at the register.

tagmac
07-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Back up on HTS.....just preordered Dack and Dengar. Hopefully this saves me a trip (although if wave 2 is coming out, I may have to go anyway).

Snowtrooper
07-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Received my Cloud Car and Snowspeeder from TRU today. Can't wait to open them up!!!

sonofsokol
07-02-2010, 09:52 PM
I stopped by Toys R Us today and managed to picked up Vader and 4-LOM from the Vintage Collection. With the buy one get one 1/2 off sale, the 2 figures were $16.01 with tax (they were marked $9.99). An employee was breaking down empty boxes right next to the Star Wars section and he told me 2 guys had been there 5 minutes before me and cleaned out all but 3 figures of the 4 cases of vintage he had put out; the 2 figures that I got and one extra Vader that I left for the next fan. He had put out 2 cloud cars and 2 snow speeders too and they were gone as well. Two repainted Republic Tanks and 2 Anakin's Jedi Starfighters in the new packaging were still there, but I passed.

I also snapped a shot of the cases with the "Do not put on shelves until the week of August 6th". It made me laugh...:D

DarthQuack
07-02-2010, 10:17 PM
I really do love the look of these figures....brings me back to my childhood :)

questorminator
07-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Wow, the Vintage Line seems to have been made better than the other line. Hope they keep this up.

PS
I am really hoping they got the Jedi Luke right this time....

Ando
07-06-2010, 11:51 AM
I found some of the new stuff on Saturday myself and it looks like Toys R Us has decided to break the street date company wide.

Not that I am complaining one bit. I think street dates are <unprintable words> stupid in general. But I have to wonder:

1. Why did they decide to do this? (I mean, they're advertising them right on the website!)

2. I wonder how Hasbro feels about this or if they even really care?

I for one am pretty excited that TRU is selling product and disregarding the street dates especially since for the last 3-5 months, every time I go to a Target (and on VERY rare occasions, WM) it looks like they've been looted by nerds.

AmanaMatt
07-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Found these today, and got them at Tru with their sale, which is supposedly normal retail at everyone else.......they had em all except that 'new han', Dak and repacked Boba........Love the new Dengar, twin car pilot, and bespin Luke - that fig is fantastic

borisfan84
07-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Whoever thought that $9.99 per figure was a good price point, (whether it was Hasbro or store level) is out of the mind!!! This will really hurt the long run on this line to the point that once these are out and the novelty wears off, you will see some major peg warming of certain figures. There is no need for these to be at $9.99; especially since there is no protective case around the figures like the previous OTC Vintage figures had. Suppose there will be at least 60 different figures in this line over the course of time; that will be $600 and tax. NO WAY!!!!!
There had better be some sales going on during this line at most of the stores. In my option, the vehicles are better priced; and I am sure the Battle packs will be on average cheaper per figure as well.

bigbarada
07-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Whoever thought that $9.99 per figure was a good price point, (whether it was Hasbro or store level) is out of the mind!!! This will really hurt the long run on this line to the point that once these are out and the novelty wears off, you will see some major peg warming of certain figures. There is no need for these to be at $9.99; especially since there is no protective case around the figures like the previous OTC Vintage figures had. Suppose there will be at least 60 different figures in this line over the course of time; that will be $600 and tax. NO WAY!!!!!
There had better be some sales going on during this line at most of the stores. In my option, the vehicles are better priced; and I am sure the Battle packs will be on average cheaper per figure as well.

I think the TVC figures are going to be $7.99. In any case, Hasbro can only suggest prices (MSRP stands for 'Manufacturer's SUGGESTED Retail Price'), it's up to the retailers to determine how much they want to charge for the figures. So if someone is charging $9.99 for them, it's at the store level.

We have an ALCO (which is basically like Walmart was about 25 years ago) over here in Hillsboro and they already sell the Legacy and Clone Wars figures for $9.99. I think they were selling Saga2 figures for $7.99 back in 2006. I'm betting they are going to charge $10.99-$11.99 for the TVC figures.

sonofsokol
07-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Toys R Us in Utah has the Vintage tags marked $9.99. I got Vader and 4-LOM during the buy one get one 50% off sale, so one rang up at $9.99 and the other at $4.99.

I've heard rumors that Target and Walmart will price them the same as the CW and SL figures, but I have not seen them anywhere other than TRU to confirm this

sebillba
07-06-2010, 04:47 PM
TRU UK are charging 8.99 for these figures - that's over $13 each... and we don't even get the Boba Fett mail-away offer. :mad:

AmanaMatt
07-06-2010, 04:52 PM
TRU UK are charging 8.99 for these figures - that's over $13 each... and we don't even get the Boba Fett mail-away offer. :mad:

I feel bad for all fans outside of the NA area - that's not cool.....they should release em to everyone

jonthejedi
07-06-2010, 05:47 PM
I ain't givin' TRU(or Hasbro) $10 plus tax for any Vintage no how, no way.

DarkJedi5
07-06-2010, 06:40 PM

I'll have the POPs for one but I don't want it. If you cover the shipping I'll get one and send it to you.

sebillba
07-07-2010, 02:38 AM
I'll have the POPs for one but I don't want it. If you cover the shipping I'll get one and send it to you.

That'd be awesome! Thanks buddy! PM me when you're ready to go. :thumbsup:

DarkJedi5
07-07-2010, 03:26 AM
Bought everything I wanted from this wave from HasbroToyShop just now. Bad news: the figures have an estimated ship date of 7/26. Good news: I paid $7.99 per figure and using the sw2010 code, knocked 10% off meaning I really only paid $7.19 per figure (plus shipping and tax). As I figure, even with shipping I still paid less than I would at TRU (who is charging $9.99 for these?) and I even pre-ordered the BAT-AT which will ship the same day. If only the Cloud car and Snowspeeder weren't already sold out, I'd be covered....

tagmac
07-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Well, found these out at two different TRU's by me. Picked up all but Vader, 4-LOM, and Fett (Boba was the only one they didn't have) at the first one. Found Fett and picked up a second Pilot at the other TRU. Also picked up the Cloud Car, which I'll return if the one I ordered comes in correctly (until I have it, I'm wary that they'll send me the wrong ship). Called to cancel my HTS pre-order as well.

They had all the Legends figs as well, but I had no need for any of them.

El Chuxter
07-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Went to two TRU's today. The first (as our own Bel-Cam can attest) had nada. The second had a GH Zuckuss, a couple of new Clone Wars figures, and two empty pegs for Vintage.

bigbarada
07-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Well, I had to go to Springfield to buy an new iMac for my boss' wife, so I did a quick run by TRU while I was there. They had actually put out all the TVC, SL and CW figures. Unfortunately, no SL Bossk. :( They had IG-88 and Zuckuss in the new Saga Legends packaging but no Bossk and that was the main figure I was looking for.

For the TVC line, they had a couple of Vaders, 4-LOM, Threepio, Leia and Han. I was hoping to find an AT-AT Commander, but no luck. So I picked up Threepio and Leia. I had considered getting Han, but the figures were $9.99 so I decided to wait. They also had the Snowspeeder and Cloud Car, which I passed on for now. I'll get those at Walmart so I can use my employee discount.

So, I paid $20 + tax for Leia and Threepio and I have to say that I'm totally blown away by the quality of these two figures. My only compliant is that the missing ball-joint ankles are sorely missed on Leia (and her stance is a little wide). Threepio is amazing. I never realized just how crappy all the past Threepios have been until I see what Hasbro is really capable of.

I wonder if TRU intentionally put their figures out early so they could charge $10 per figure and take advantage of the new-product starved suckers (like myself) who temporarily forget their financial sense because they're just so darned excited to finally see some new stuff. If so, well it worked like a charm. At least in my case. I'm betting they will lower their prices once the street date hits.

DarthQuack
07-08-2010, 01:32 AM
No sign of them yet in Albany at the TRU. Looking forward to snagging the Snowspeeder and Cloud Car though when they arrive.

AmanaMatt
07-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Is the At-At out Aug 6, or some other time? That's the vehicle I am really looking forward to! I have several loose Snowtrooper figures ready with its name on it

bigbarada
07-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Is the At-At out Aug 6, or some other time? That's the vehicle I am really looking forward to! I have several loose Snowtrooper figures ready with its name on it

I checked for the AT-AT when I was at TRU yesterday and there wasn't even a spot for it on the shelf yet.

I might go back to TRU this weekend and get the Snowspeeder and Cloud Car now that I think about it. Not getting my discount is better than trying to buy $200 worth of toys all in one day on the 6th.

Daryl VayDar
07-08-2010, 02:18 PM
My local TRU had 4 pegs slotted for vintage, with product on 2 of them! I got Luke and Dengar, but no Leia. The only figs they didn't have were Leia and Fett.

DarkArtist
07-09-2010, 08:28 AM
spotted one lonely Princess Leia last night at TRU is East Brunswick and left her there.... while i want the figure I'm waiting for the mass street date arrival in hopes that other stores will have the figures for less, hopefully Target or Walmart. I was shocked to see her sitting on the shelf.. i thought for sure the peg warmers of Vader and Threepio would be left there...

oh well.

can't wait for August 6th to arrive.... been reading on other websites that people believe that the first 3 waves of figures will all be dumped out on August 6th... does anyone else feel this way ? I would imagine maybe the first 2 waves since we have seen pics of the second and some have been lucky enough to snag Wave 1 already.

AmanaMatt
07-09-2010, 09:49 AM
I checked for the AT-AT when I was at TRU yesterday and there wasn't even a spot for it on the shelf yet.

I might go back to TRU this weekend and get the Snowspeeder and Cloud Car now that I think about it. Not getting my discount is better than trying to buy $200 worth of toys all in one day on the 6th.

Thanks....yeah, I am going to see Predators today, and may head down to the local TRU when I am done to see if its in.....

tagmac
07-09-2010, 02:30 PM
spotted one lonely Princess Leia last night at TRU is East Brunswick and left her there.... while i want the figure I'm waiting for the mass street date arrival in hopes that other stores will have the figures for less, hopefully Target or Walmart. I was shocked to see her sitting on the shelf.. i thought for sure the peg warmers of Vader and Threepio would be left there...

I saw that one in there, too. That old jackass with the moustache who knows the workers and constantly scalps probably bought most of what they put out earlier.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-09-2010, 03:22 PM
According to Bantha Skull (http://banthaskull.com/index.php?/page/sub/dpci_codes_new), Target has the items in their system.

The DPCI Gods have struck once again with some new items to add to the list. Items in bold represent new codes since our last spy report.

All Boys Action Figure DPCIs begin with 087-06-

* 1339 Clone Wars 3.75 ($7.99)
* 1351 Vintage 3.75 ($7.99)
* 1503 Super Deluxe Vehicle (AT-AT) ($99.99)
* 2249 Hoth Vehicle ($39.99)
* 2250 Clone Wars 2 pack ($14.99)
* 2251 Collector pack ($24.99)
* 2252 Vintage Vehicle ($24.99)
* 2263 Star Wars Assortment Shipper ($95.88)

Speculation on the Assortment shipper:

“I’m guessing 2263 is a Vintage Style Shipper like the original 12 backs came in. The price reflects $7.99 x 12 figures. Just a theory.”
I expected $8 a pop for vintage figures, but for everything else too? That kind of sucks. I assume the "Hoth vehicle" is for the rumored new Ultimate Battle Packs. Not sure on some of the other stuff.

JEDIpartner
07-12-2010, 03:05 PM
I was gonna ask, "What the frak is a 'HOTH VEHICLE'???" :shocked:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-12-2010, 03:30 PM
I was gonna ask, "What the frak is a 'HOTH VEHICLE'???" :shocked:
There are two new semi-confirmed sets - one has the turret from the 2007 Target Ultimate Battle Pack and the unreleased clean-shaven variation of the 2009 figure; the other has a Hoth repaint of the 2009 AT-ST. It sounds like they'll both have two figures, though that's just a rumor.

El Chuxter
07-12-2010, 03:44 PM
That first one sounds quite nice. But $40 for a turret and two figures (even if one is unreleased) sounds a bit on the steep side.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-12-2010, 08:00 PM
That first one sounds quite nice. But $40 for a turret and two figures (even if one is unreleased) sounds a bit on the steep side.
True. Hopefully they'll have details at Comic Con.

Snowtrooper
07-13-2010, 12:55 PM
Found a couple of battle packs at Shopko yesterday. They had the hoth one and the CW clones and droids. I was interested in the clones and droids, mainly for the funky looking droid in it. But it was $40, so needless to say, I passed on it.

bkusna
07-17-2010, 03:14 PM
found all vintage collections at TRU......alot of TRUs are holding the figures until aug 6th

Mad Slanted Powers
07-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Saw some Clone Wars deluxe at K-Mart and Fred Meyer. The two at K-Mart had some slightly mangled packaging as if it had been opened. Both places had Anakin with star skiff and Plo Koon with speeder bike. Fred Meyer also had a Cad Bane with bike. I passed on them all for now. I thought about getting the Anakin and Cad Bane. I'll wait and see if they are cheaper than $17.99 when they show up at Wal-Mart or Target.

DarkJedi5
07-17-2010, 08:29 PM
found all vintage collections at TRU......alot of TRUs are holding the figures until aug 6th

Got the wave myself today but at first they refused to sell them. I told them that all the other TRUs around are selling them and they called to verify it was okay to sell then got me a case fresh from the back. They didn't have the AT-AT yet though.

bkusna
07-17-2010, 10:39 PM
Toysrus is having a sale on star wars 2 for $9.99 starting tomorrow

Bel-Cam Jos
07-18-2010, 06:44 PM
I have found my TRU to be a strict constructionist for August 6; nada on the shelves, including price stickers awaiting new product. Always the same old-same old.

bkusna
07-18-2010, 06:53 PM
It's up to most managers at their locat TRU...all 3 OKC TRU's have put out about 10 cases each the last two weeks....I bought my set 4 weeks ago at a TRU

Bel-Cam Jos
07-22-2010, 02:58 PM
FINALLY! My local TRU decided to do what every other store was doing, and ignore the 8/6 shelf date "rule." I just bought Echo Han (Han) to get a Fett form (since the $9.99 price tag's a tad too much for my tastes, and he was one of few "new" figures that looked okay) and used the two-for-$9.99 deal to get IG and Cold Gear Rex. The envelope of POP, check (the check # was the same as the cost of Boba), and form is currently in my mailbox; 6-8 weeks from receipt, I just can't wait! :D ... to shoot my eye out. :eek: :dead:

bkusna
07-22-2010, 03:30 PM
It's about time....YOU'RE no quitter!!!!!!!! Free all the vintage figures!!!!!!

sonofsokol
07-22-2010, 03:41 PM
I have been reluctant to send in my POPs and check yet due to the hard release date. I didn't want them to get my order before the figures are even supposed to be on the pegs. This is probably the worrier/anal/OCD part of me, but I have my envelope stamped and sealed with a check dated 8/6/10 to place in the mail on 8/6/10. I just didn't want to take any chances.

Am I crazy? :yes:

bkusna
07-22-2010, 03:46 PM
that is awesome sokol.......I sent them out 8/12/2010...probably triggering an investigation for some poor TRU manager:D:D:D

Background Character
07-22-2010, 04:37 PM
My local TRU has had a glut of Vintage Darth Vader and Zuckuss on the pegs. I did see one Han and C-3PO last week but nothing else.

Same thing today so I went over to Target about .5 mile away. Target is doing this big revamp of the store and everything is out of place. I found two sealed cases of vintage sitting on a cart.

I was opening a case when the clerk said he couldn't put those out until Aug. 6. I asked him if it really made a difference and told him that TRU is already selling them. He scanned it and was cool with it. As long as it scans at the register they don't really care.

I only picked up the ones that interested me. Of course, the Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) which looks absolutely amazing, a Cloud Car Pilot and Dengar.

They rang up as $7.99 each.

The 4-LOM is nice, but a repack
Boba Fett doesn't look any different to me and I have the previous vintage version which I actually like better.
Darth Vader is nice, but I have so many already. Maybe if I ever see it out of the package and get to check it out personally. Definately will have no problem finding this figure again. (2 per case and not moving)
The Leia is nice, but not that interested in a new version of this costume.
Dak is also nice, but to me is basically a repack. I have the evolutions packs with the same body which I bought on clearance for cheaper than the price of this figure. Besides, in the movie he is basically just dead weight in the snowspeeder anyway (no pun intended). One of the other Hoth Pilots in my snowspeeder will suffice.
The AT-AT commander was again, also nice, but wasn't feeling it. Maybe if I pick up the new AT-AT I'll get him.
The HAN and C-3P0 look like total garbage. The Han is another failed attempt and the C-3PO with the Ewok throne is far superior. Easy pass on both.

Scored the Snowspeeder and Cloud Car last week during the TRU BOGO 1/2 off sale and also had a coupon. They ended up only costing about $15 each. Opened both and very happy.

So far, have had good luck with this line and am looking forward to the next few months.

bkusna
07-22-2010, 11:48 PM
in OKC only TRU has the vintage collection...seen about 6 cases of them today....

Bel-Cam Jos
07-23-2010, 11:24 AM
If I do get any other Vintage figs, they'll need to be about the $7.99 range; same thing with the Cloud Car (not $7.99, but that would be a sweet deal! :D ). There are a few I'd like to have, but not for almost $10 a pop. :upset:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-28-2010, 05:17 PM
I visited a Target today that had their action figure aisle redone and ready to go. The SW section was empty aside from old Roth-Del Masona Geonosis packs and some new-packaged electronic lightsabers, but they had pegs and space for all the new stuff (Vintage, AT-AT, Boba Fett helmet - which was oddly titled "Mandalorian helmet", and so on). There was a small tag that said the reset was for August 1, so perhaps these figures will indeed be coming at the beginning of the "week of August 6."

As for the pricing, the Vintage figures were indeed $7.99, and the Saga Legends and Clone Wars were $6.99, confirming Hasbro's SRP and debunking a report from a few days ago. Figure and vehicle packs were still $15.99, and I think the vehicles were $24.99, with the AT-AT at $99.99.

jonthejedi
07-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Right there with Bel-Cam on the pricing. After so many months of nuthin', it is hard to wait...but I'm not fueling this $10 at TRU fiasco. I have friend collectors who hunted them down & paid that $$$. I warned them that it just gives HASBRO more incentive to raise the price to 12.99 next time. I don't have to be the 1st kid on the block to own these. Other than a few, I'm not too blown away(Big AT-AT aside!) by what Hasbro's unleasing on us.

Maerj2000
07-28-2010, 05:39 PM
Right there with Bel-Cam on the pricing. After so many months of nuthin', it is hard to wait...but I'm not fueling this $10 at TRU fiasco. I have friend collectors who hunted them down & paid that $$$. I warned them that it just gives HASBRO more incentive to raise the price to 12.99 next time. I don't have to be the 1st kid on the block to own these. Other than a few, I'm not too blown away(Big AT-AT aside!) by what Hasbro's unleasing on us.

Agreed. $10 a figure is way too much. Especially for the amount of figures that they release. Anything over $8 is really pushing it. I would have collected the Marvel Universe figures but they're pretty pricey at most places, so I haven't bought any of those. Not to mention that they would eat into my SW budget.

Ando
07-28-2010, 05:51 PM
I only bought 5 of the new Vintage figures but that price increase was off set by the money I saved on the BOGO special they had when I bought some of new Snowspeeders and SL figures + a $10.00 off coupon I got in the mail earlier this month.

El Chuxter
07-28-2010, 06:16 PM
The local WM finally put out their Starfighter assortment. That's all that's leaked early from any of the thre boys' lines. Looked like the Snowspeeder had already sold, but the Cloud Car was still there.

My daughter said it was "really really neat," so I guess I'll get it after all. Going to wait for either another TRU sale or for it to hit Target.

bigbarada
07-28-2010, 09:16 PM
The HAN and C-3P0 look like total garbage. The Han is another failed attempt and the C-3PO with the Ewok throne is far superior. Easy pass on both.

Once you get the See-Threepio and open him up, you will realize that he is one of the greatest Star Wars figures EVER. Nearly perfect in every way. :pleased:

I wouldn't necessarily call the Han figure garbage, but Hasbro really does need to retire VOTC Han's legs.

jamesbondo07
07-29-2010, 08:55 AM
Target reset there toy mods today but put out no new figures or ships yet. They had placed some small grey stickers on the pegs with SD 8/6. I will go check there Satursday morning to see if they actually got the figures set on the 6th.

bkusna
07-29-2010, 09:03 AM
If you look at the reset sheet, it says aug. 1st....so make sure you go by THIS sunday to check it out.......

El Chuxter
07-29-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm with BigB 110%. C-3PO is awesome. If he were a woman, I would totally take her to see Eclipse.

borisfan84
07-29-2010, 01:00 PM
The whole August 6 date is ****. Target in Cool Springs Tennessee set out 3 cases worth of the new vintage figures at $7.99 today as part of their store reset.
Also, they marked down all remaining clearance toys to 75% off as well. Remote control R2-D2 is not $7.50; GI Joe Rise of Cobra Figure and Vehicle Target exclusives are $2.25; Wedge Antilles comic 2 pack was $2.25.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-29-2010, 04:05 PM
So, I should go to sunrise service and pray before going to Target on Sunday? :sleeping: Let's see what the book of Luke [Skywalker], chapter 11, verse 38 has to say: "The Pharisee was astonished when he saw that Jesus did not first wash his hands before the meal." That seals the deal! :D

Which vintage figs would I buy at $7.99?
Definitely: Bespin Luke, C3PO (based on the glowing reviews here), Cloud Car Pilot (espacially if I can find the Car itself for a decent price).
Probably: Dak (since he had no Kenner card previously), Fett; if there are actually some series 2 figs.
Possibly: Dengar, Hoth Leia.
Doubtfully: 4-LOM, AT-AT Commander, Vader.

[edit] A Forumite's recommendation is shown above now. :D

El Chuxter
07-29-2010, 04:09 PM
BCJ(3), allow me to be the first to recommend Dengar. And I was the first to say we didn't need another one, to put it in perspective. That is one amazingly sweet figure.

nohagent
07-29-2010, 04:41 PM
my nearest target already has the reset up, bought too much stuff yesterday

Mad Slanted Powers
07-31-2010, 10:33 PM
Went to Target today and they had some figures out. I was able to get Dengar, Leia, AT-AT Commander, C-3PO, Darth Vader and the Cloud Car Pilot. They also had 4-LOM, but passed since he appears to be just a repack of the TAC figure. I may decide to get him later for the card, but not sure. I thought they had the new Geonosis packs and started to grab those, but realized that they were the old ones.

They had plenty of Clone Wars figures, but didn't notice any new ones that I didn't already have (Aurra Sing and Mandalorian Police Officer). Everything else seems to be a repack. They also had plenty of Saga Legends, but once again, I don't need these repacks except for maybe troops.

Wal-Mart was clear of any figures except some Leia/Xizor comic packs. The Fred Meyer near me seems to have gotten rid of all the old blue card Legacy and I think there were just a couple red card Clone Wars figures there.

jonthejedi
08-01-2010, 05:09 AM
Didn't find any Vintage, but nailed the BAT-AT at the Columbia, MD. Greatland Target. Until you assemble this thing & set it up on a table...you can't imagine the scope of this toy(it's almost too nice to be called a toy).

Bel-Cam Jos
08-01-2010, 02:56 PM
The stores around here seem to be hit-or-miss. TRU finally put out stuff a week or so ago (at their higher prices, of course :upset: ), and some Targets apparently had items out yesterday, but few did today. I did pick up Mr. JabbaJohnL's avatar today.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-01-2010, 03:33 PM
At least two Targets have reset and had all the new stuff out within the last few days. I've gotten all the TVC figures aside from Boba (still looking) and 4-LOM (passing), the new Clone Wars and Saga Legends figures, and two of the new battle packs (I couldn't bring myself to get the Hoth one quite yet). I'll still be looking at other stores, of course . . . have any Walmarts put anything out yet?

Ando
08-02-2010, 01:31 PM
The Target nearest to our apartment has been reset. We were there Friday night and they a LOT of merchandise on the pegs and shelves.

It was kind of refreshing to finally see something there because normally they suck.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-02-2010, 07:22 PM
I've only seen some vehicles, Transformers, and "play" items (Fett helmet, blue packaging on lightsabers) at W*M.