PDA

View Full Version : The Rise of Boba Fett - Includes NEW Slave I!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-27-2010, 01:07 AM
Sandtroopers (http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/hasbro/20100626/) has pics - talk about an Ultimate Battle Pack! It includes a new Slave I, Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter, Anakin, Mace, Boba, Bossk, and R8-B7 figures. It's a TRU exclusive, so I imagine the pricing will be ridiculous, but this is too damn cool to care. The Slave I looks to include a rotating cockpit for three (standing) figures, an open middle, and accurate sonic charges, among other things. And it's over 18" long, which is quite a bit larger than the previous versions.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-27-2010, 01:29 AM
Sandtroopers (http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/hasbro/20100626/) has pics - talk about an Ultimate Battle Pack! It includes a new Slave I, Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter, Anakin, Mace, Boba, Bossk, and R8-B7 figures. It's a TRU exclusive, so I imagine the pricing will be ridiculous, but this is too damn cool to care. The Slave I looks to include a rotating cockpit for three (standing) figures, an open middle, and accurate sonic charges, among other things. And it's over 18" long, which is quite a bit larger than the previous versions.
Looks pretty good. I will consider getting this if it is easy enough to order from their website.

Maradona
06-27-2010, 02:13 AM
If you look carefully, the box says "Ultimate Battle Packs" which leads me to believe there is more than one. Might the other one be an OT version?

El Chuxter
06-27-2010, 04:40 AM
Interesting way to go about releasing it, I must say. That's going to be a doozy of an UBP there, and I imagine it won't be the only way Fett and Bossk are released. Wonder if a "smaller" release will be available, too.

I'm going to go ahead and wager this will be a Target exclusive, like the other UBP's in various lines so far. Wonder if it'll go like hotcakes (like the SW UBPs) or wind up on major clearance (like the GIJoe one).

Darth Jax
06-27-2010, 09:12 AM
I'm going to go ahead and wager this will be a Target exclusive, like the other UBP's in various lines so far. Wonder if it'll go like hotcakes (like the SW UBPs) or wind up on major clearance (like the GIJoe one).

i'm gonna say JJL is correct that it's TRU, since thats what the sticker says.

Background Character
06-27-2010, 10:08 AM
Looks great! Will be hard explaining to the wife why I need to get this especially with two versions already in the house. Can't really say it's for the kids since they already play with those anyway.

Any idea what the pricetag will be?

Here's a quick estimate:

5 figures, usually average about $8 each = $40.
Slave I = $50 (very conservative, TRU would probably charge closer to $70)
Jedi Starfighter = $25.

Adds up to $115, add on the TRU exlusive jump in price of about %25 = additional $28.75 for a total of $143.75. Round up to a nice dollar amount and take one penny off for Jedi Mind Trick pricing = $149.99.

Sounds about right for a TRU exlusive of this size. Therefore, I probably won't be able to fit it in the budget. What does everyone else think? Too high?

mtriv73
06-27-2010, 11:40 AM
I couldn't care less about the new Jedi starfighters and I have enough Bossks. The Anakin is borderline ridiculous since he's pegwarming like crazy and everyone who could possibly want one has one by now. I was really hoping Slave one would be released as a stand alone ship. If this is the only way it's coming out, I'll be passing. That's a shame too, because I was really looking forward to an upgraded Slave-1.

Then again, as much as the tooling for the new ship is costing them, they couldn't possibly make it back just selling it in over-priced battle packs. Hopefully, it will see an individual release and I shouldn't give up hope yet.

JediTricks
06-27-2010, 02:37 PM
They said they wouldn't be doing an OT Slave I for a few years.

This is pretty wild, but also pretty risky throwing in a second vehicle and a handful of figures. I'm thinking $130, double the last UBP.

I wonder what that chamber behind the cockpit is about. Is it supposed to be the airlock? And what's with Lt Ponds' giant death chamber?

Why still no rear door?!?

This just got to be 1 expensive year.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-27-2010, 05:14 PM
If you look carefully, the box says "Ultimate Battle Packs" which leads me to believe there is more than one. Might the other one be an OT version?
Yakface was reporting a pair of Hoth-themed sets - one with a turret, and one with an AT-ST, each with two figures. This pretty well matches up with what Hasbro has said about a Hoth repaint of the Walmart AT-ST coming, and the clean-shaven Hoth Rebel Trooper variant coming in some kind of special set. No official news yet, though.

Interesting way to go about releasing it, I must say. That's going to be a doozy of an UBP there, and I imagine it won't be the only way Fett and Bossk are released. Wonder if a "smaller" release will be available, too.
No on another Boba release:

JediInsider.com: Now that the season 2 finale for the Clone Wars animated series has come and gone, can you tell us if a new Boba Fett figure for Clone Wars will be released soon?
Hasbro: A new Clone Wars Boba Fett figure is in the works. However, it will be available only in a very special pack later this Fall…stay tuned for info that will be released at Celebration V.
Though it's odd, as this one is based on the outfit he wore in Death Trap, which had the least amount of Slave I action. So I wonder if we'll get the Dollars Trilogy poncho version later; I wouldn't doubt it.

I couldn't care less about the new Jedi starfighters and I have enough Bossks. The Anakin is borderline ridiculous since he's pegwarming like crazy and everyone who could possibly want one has one by now. I was really hoping Slave one would be released as a stand alone ship. If this is the only way it's coming out, I'll be passing. That's a shame too, because I was really looking forward to an upgraded Slave-1.

Then again, as much as the tooling for the new ship is costing them, they couldn't possibly make it back just selling it in over-priced battle packs. Hopefully, it will see an individual release and I shouldn't give up hope yet.
Well, the Bossk is in the animated style, so it's unique among the other Bossk figures. Anakin isn't pegwarming in my area, and this is the space suit version anyway, which has more articulation and is more accurate to the show (though they could do something about that grin, which seems out of place here). I'm not sure on a re-release, but who knows. An OT version sometime down the line is basically a given.

I'm interested in hearing the rest of their plans for the remainder of the year. We already know about several exclusives, though there are fewer than last year (that we know of so far). TRU is getting Kul Teska, Nikto Guard, and this set, in addition to the vintage packaging AT-AT (which can basically be ignored unless you're into packaging variants); Walmart is getting Jabba and Kit's Starfighter; Target has nothing we've seen yet but could end up with a second Geonosis Arena Showdown wave, even though the first seems to be replenishing and languishing everywhere; and Kmart has Jodo Kast. Then, of course, all the non-exclusive stuff. It's a fair amount, but not quite like last year, which had a lot of exclusives spread all throughout the year.

bigbarada
06-28-2010, 08:35 AM
All I want from this set is the Bossk figure and I'm kind of annoyed that I would have to buy two vehicles and four figures I don't even want just to get him. Ah, well, I guess I can pick Bossk up on Ebay or wait a year or so for Hasbro to release him single carded.

Darth Metalmute
06-28-2010, 10:15 AM
From what I can tell, it's the same Slave 1 outer mold. Why add all those extra features and cram it into the original small frame? Seems like Hasbro missed the perfect oppertunity to create a new Slave 1 and completely missed the boat.

And if it is a bigger mold, than they didn't make it big enough. I can't understand why they removed some of the features of the AOTC version that wouldn't have interfered with their new features.

The only new features they made that I like are going back to the revloving cockpit, and the holding pen for a future Han in Carbinite. Other than that, the open area is too small, especially when seen next to figures, the loading ramp leads nowhere, and why put a smugglers hold in an area where you have to remove have the hull?

Another thing, does Hasbro not realize that we are still in a down economy, no matter what the pundits say? This is either the second or third big ticket item for Star Wars that will come out this Christmas season. My guess is that Hasbro will make money, but sales for the items will be down, as people will be forced to pick between one item or the other. Then Hasbro will discontinue things like Big vehicles since the numbers say they don't support it.

This is, in my opinion, a disappointment. It ruins my opinion of what an OT version would look like. That being said, I'm sure I'll pick it up if it's under 100 dollars.

Ando
06-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Unless this is over $150.00, this release is a no-brainer for me. I was just thinking last night about the older version of the Slave I in storage and how I am going to unload it to my nephews or another kid (family friend) if the rumors of a new Slave I panned out.

Looks like I need to see who has room for it.

I'm not 100% sold on the paint job for Mace's JSF, but I like the value of how much we're getting in this UBP and since it's a TRU exclusive, that means I will see it and be able to get it. I wish the Kit Fisto JSF wasn't a WM exclusive, because I want that one too, but oh well.

I am really getting excited again for SW toys!

DarkJedi5
06-28-2010, 11:40 AM
All I want from this set is the Bossk figure and I'm kind of annoyed that I would have to buy two vehicles and four figures I don't even want just to get him. Ah, well, I guess I can pick Bossk up on Ebay or wait a year or so for Hasbro to release him single carded.

Maybe we could work something out, all I want this set for is the Slave I. And actually, I'm a little peeved at the fact that there is so much weathering. It's very distinctly a CW version of the Slave I and I'm not sure that I'd like it for an AOTC version.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-28-2010, 01:51 PM
From what I can tell, it's the same Slave 1 outer mold. Why add all those extra features and cram it into the original small frame? Seems like Hasbro missed the perfect oppertunity to create a new Slave 1 and completely missed the boat.

And if it is a bigger mold, than they didn't make it big enough. I can't understand why they removed some of the features of the AOTC version that wouldn't have interfered with their new features.
It's definitely a new mold. The box says it's over 18" long, and the 2002 version was about 14" long. Here (http://www.rebelscum.com/soteKslave1.asp) is the vintage/SOTE/POTF2 mold, and here (http://www.rebelscum.com/sagaslave1.asp) is the Saga/OTC mold. The new one has opening sides and a rotating cockpit like the vintage one, but its profile is more similar to the 2002 one.

And what features did they remove? The back of the box (http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=13847.msg260406#msg260406) shows that it has "bomb-dropping action" and firing missiles, though they're in different places. Those were really the only features on the 2002 one, aside from the rotating little button thing that showed the homing beacon.

Maybe we could work something out, all I want this set for is the Slave I. And actually, I'm a little peeved at the fact that there is so much weathering. It's very distinctly a CW version of the Slave I and I'm not sure that I'd like it for an AOTC version.
The 2002 one has basically the same amount of weathering (as seen in the above link) - was that too much for you as well?

Darth Metalmute
06-28-2010, 03:58 PM
It's definitely a new mold. The box says it's over 18" long, and the 2002 version was about 14" long. Here (http://www.rebelscum.com/soteKslave1.asp) is the vintage/SOTE/POTF2 mold, and here (http://www.rebelscum.com/sagaslave1.asp) is the Saga/OTC mold. The new one has opening sides and a rotating cockpit like the vintage one, but its profile is more similar to the 2002 one.

I'll have to take your word on the size, but like I said, if it is a bigger mold, they dropped the ball. The picture with Bossk and Fett looks as if Bossk can't stand up straight in it. I would have preferred the loading ramp lead into the ship rather than lead into a dead end in exchange for whats essentially a walk-in closet. Dont' get me wrong, it looks fine. It's just not what I was hoping for.

And what features did they remove? The back of the box (http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=13847.msg260406#msg260406) shows that it has "bomb-dropping action" and firing missiles, though they're in different places. Those were really the only features on the 2002 one, aside from the rotating little button thing that showed the homing beacon.

The firing missle one was the one I was talking about, but I didn't see the back of the box picture.

I would rather have this in ESB colors, especially since it will cost more here with a Jedi Starfighter than alone with adult Boba Fett. But it's possible that we never see it in ESB colors. Of course this battle pack lead me to suggest a ESB/SOTE battle pack with a starfighter version of IG-2000.

JediTricks
06-28-2010, 05:21 PM
It's notably wider than the originals in terms of scale, the others are narrower in scale as well as shorter. So this is a bigger Slave I, it's not merely scaled up from the previous versions.

El Chuxter
06-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Note to self: before speculating on who will carry an item, look closely in the pics for obvious stickers that answer the question. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-28-2010, 05:49 PM
The firing missle one was the one I was talking about, but I didn't see the back of the box picture.
That's why I linked to the picture in my post. :p

jonthejedi
06-29-2010, 05:01 AM
Along with the inflated size on the mold, I can't wait to see the inflated price on the UBP TRU hits us with. I'll wait for the ESB paint job version you know will be coming down the pipeline. I don't need another starfighter, nor Anakin nor Mace.

Dark Marble
06-29-2010, 11:24 AM
I am also worried about the price on this one. I really want it, and hopefully a sweet ESB release in the future, but I don't collect any of the animated clone wars stuff. The line is fine, I just have yet to touch anything that doesn't fit in with the movie figures and so far have avoided all of the figures and jedi star fighters.

This to me feels like a ploy to get some of the movie collectors on the sidelines into the animated style and I don't appreciate it. Especially since every figure and vehicle in the set would have stood on its own just fine. Bottom line for me is that the ship looks awesome, I would take one for sure, but something spectacular in the pricing is needed to push it over the line for me.

Jangu Fett
07-03-2010, 09:10 PM
This is a really welcome surprise. Since TF the new mold slave-1 has only been a rumor, now seeing it's confirmed. I love it. The battle pack itself is awesome. Buty the price worries me, and with it being a TRU exclusive, instead of $50-70 this might well be $100-140. Which is killing me, as said before the set is awesome.

I actually made a deal with my son, we each pay half, I get the new Slave-1, Boba Fett and Bossk, and he get's the Mace's JSF and the remaining figures. He's already saving his allaowance. By the time this set come's out here in Pgh, PA, he might be able to by 2 with money left over.:thumbsup:

JediTricks
07-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Jangu, that's messed up, you're totally getting the better side of that deal. What a ripoff! Nice job! :D

Jangu Fett
07-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Actually, it was my sons idea. He's not a fan of Boba Fett.:shocked: He more into the Jedi and Droids. So, yeah, this works out great.:thumbsup:

Dark Marble
07-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Could it be possible that maybe there might be more to the Slave I's release this fall? In general I don't think Hasbro has ever released a brand new vehicle to one store before, especially bundled with other things. Usually vehicles exclusive to one store are repaints. Off the top of my head I can think of only the AT-ST and the Octo droid.

Could it be possible that maybe the Slave I could be up for its own release and not just stuck in a battle pack? Seems odd to limit so much sculpting dollars to one store in one format...eh but then again what do I know. :p

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Could it be possible that maybe there might be more to the Slave I's release this fall? In general I don't think Hasbro has ever released a brand new vehicle to one store before, especially bundled with other things. Usually vehicles exclusive to one store are repaints. Off the top of my head I can think of only the AT-ST and the Octo droid.

Could it be possible that maybe the Slave I could be up for its own release and not just stuck in a battle pack? Seems odd to limit so much sculpting dollars to one store in one format...eh but then again what do I know. :p
I think they'd be looking at recouping their sculpting dollars by eventually re-releasing it in ESB colors, though they said that wouldn't be for at least a few years.

Even if we ask, and after they officially confirm it, I bet they'll say that this is the only way to get the ship, so that people will be sure to buy it. This sort of reminds me of what Lego did with Anakin's podracer back in 1999 - it was released by itself with a few extra parts, and also with two other podracers and a bunch more minifigures. So it's not out of the question that Hasbro could do something similar here, but I wouldn't bet on it.

JediTricks
07-08-2010, 02:35 PM
A site asked them about OT colors, they said not for a few years. If they were being intentionally dishonest, that would be grounds for an SEC fine (they are not allowed to intentionally lie in public statements since that could affect investor strength, and while this is minor, Hasbro is very careful about such legal things).

Lichtgeschwindigkeit.de: With all the rumors flying around, let's assume we will get an updated SLAVE I in Clone Wars deco. Can we assume to see a SLAVE I in ESB paint deco at a later date? And would it include a Han in carbonite as a tribute to the Vintage release?
Hasbro: You are correct in assuming that if a new Slave I was coming, it would be in Clone Wars deco given the appearance in the Clone Wars series. As to whether another one (perhaps in EpV deco) was to come later, it would have to depend on how the first one did. The EpV version would also likely be a few years off in the future.

El Chuxter
07-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Didn't they lie about a then-rumored remake of the Millennium Falcon?

DarkJedi5
07-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Didn't they lie about a then-rumored remake of the Millennium Falcon?

I think we covered that in the BMF thread but they never said anything that was outright untrue. At most they tried to mislead with vague statements, but nothing they said was a lie.

nohagent
07-08-2010, 05:20 PM
These prices are getting out of hand. Personally I don't think it should be over even $100. I saw the new vehicle assortment in TRU today at 27.99 and just had to laugh "not today buddy". I am beyond the point of collecting, I buy for my kid, I get enough of my SW fix that way these days. But seriously, these toys are not an investment, they are toys, and all though we may get a "nostalgic high" of this stuff, it shouldn't cost as much as drugs.....

JediTricks
07-08-2010, 05:33 PM
They did not lie, they made statements vague enough that they could be open to interpretation, but they did not outright say they would not/were not to make one.

Here, just read the Falcon portions of this post, it addresses their "lies" about the Falcon already: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=712596#post712596

DarkArtist
07-10-2010, 02:46 PM
excited to see this set and get one but really hoping that they sell the figures and Slave 1 seperately as well... for some (me included) $150 is a large price tag.

jonthejedi
07-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Have to agree with you guys on this price gouging...it's going to stop at Hasbro's end or I'm going to stop collecting SW, and put that $$$towards a nice Hot Toys 1/6th scale collectible figure. I know people who shelled out $10 plus tax for vintage at TRU & I just shook my head...I'm incredulous. I have a child, a mortgage, etc. etc. & enough is enough.

morpheus282
07-10-2010, 03:46 PM
A site asked them about OT colors, they said not for a few years. If they were being intentionally dishonest, that would be grounds for an SEC fine (they are not allowed to intentionally lie in public statements since that could affect investor strength, and while this is minor, Hasbro is very careful about such legal things).

Lichtgeschwindigkeit.de: With all the rumors flying around, let's assume we will get an updated SLAVE I in Clone Wars deco. Can we assume to see a SLAVE I in ESB paint deco at a later date? And would it include a Han in carbonite as a tribute to the Vintage release?
Hasbro: You are correct in assuming that if a new Slave I was coming, it would be in Clone Wars deco given the appearance in the Clone Wars series. As to whether another one (perhaps in EpV deco) was to come later, it would have to depend on how the first one did. The EpV version would also likely be a few years off in the future.

They said it would likely be a few years off. If they got any more vauge about the possibility of a EpV Slave 1, they would have had to answer the question with one word - maybe.

If this UBP is $150, I'd say the chances of the EpV version are slim and none as a lot of people are going to be put off by the price. Even $100 might be a little much when it's compared to the AT-AT. Guess we'll have to wait and see the price in a few weeks.

DarkJedi5
07-10-2010, 06:03 PM
I've gotta say that if this set were to retail for $100 and sit on a shelf next to the BAT-AT, that I think most people would consider it the better deal. You get two action oriented vehicles and then five figures (two of which are all-new and one is a unique repaint, I believe). The BAT-AT includes one figure (which is what, like three years old now?) and a small vehicle. The BAT-AT, while it includes launch-able missiles, isn't an "action-oriented" ship, it doesn't whoosh around it clanks about... slowly.

At $150 I think the Slave I looses, it's got way more stuff in it but at $50 more, it's out of a lot of kids' price ranges and to be honest, that's the CW line's main target. I assume that this set will come out around November or late October so that it's got time to percolate before the holiday rush but even then, I don't remember getting many $150 Christmas presents when I was a kid.

Jangu Fett
07-12-2010, 07:52 PM
:shocked::shocked:Is the $150 price tag right???? Or is everyone just rounding up on my earlier "TRU Exclusive Price"??? If that $150 is the actual price, I don't see alot of these BP selling. Or any for that set and price. Everyone would most likely get the larger AT-AT. I can't see this being no more than $80-$100, but even that is pushing it, although I can see TRU slapping a extra $10 to the price, being their own exclusive.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-12-2010, 08:34 PM
:shocked::shocked:Is the $150 price tag right???? Or is everyone just rounding up on my earlier "TRU Exclusive Price"??? If that $150 is the actual price, I don't see alot of these BP selling. Or any for that set and price. Everyone would most likely get the larger AT-AT. I can't see this being no more than $80-$100, but even that is pushing it, although I can see TRU slapping a extra $10 to the price, being their own exclusive.
People are just assuming. I assume the price will be revealed at Comic Con or CV.

JediTricks
07-13-2010, 03:29 PM
They said it would likely be a few years off. If they got any more vauge about the possibility of a EpV Slave 1, they would have had to answer the question with one word - maybe.They're not allowed to intentionally mislead in that way either. That's why when they have something planned but don't want to say anything, you'll get a "no comment" (they also "no comment" legal things like the Tonnika sisters, but they do it in a different way). If you compare it to the answers they gave for the BMF when they were trying to hide its existence, you'll see they are misleading there in a different way. This OT Slave I answer would affect sales and thus have an impact on investing, so they'd be a lot more careful about it. I could be wrong, but I really don't think so, the evidence is pretty strong.

RENDAR LIVES
08-06-2010, 11:13 PM
No on another Boba release:

Though it's odd, as this one is based on the outfit he wore in Death Trap, which had the least amount of Slave I action. So I wonder if we'll get the Dollars Trilogy poncho version later; I wouldn't doubt it.

My latest catalogue from brianstoys has a pre-order and picture of CW wave 7. It depicts boba with a green vest and jetpack and twin blasters with holsters. There is no pic for the pre-order on the site but it is oddly in the catalogue. Wish I could provide a scan but I'm not that computer savy. Maybe someone else can?

Jangu Fett
08-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Well, Yakface is reporting that this BP has been spotted in California and Arizona. And the bad news, it's $100.

JediTricks
08-11-2010, 04:00 PM
It's a large vehicle, a $25 vehicle, and 5 figures, so I can't say I'm surprised. But I also can't say for sure I'll buy it either. I'd hunt for it, but I have something coming up right now.

sonofsokol
08-11-2010, 04:12 PM
I stopped by TRU on my way home and found this pack today...it is going to be a birthday present so I haven't opened it yet. I took a couple pics of the box though.

As reported elsewhere, this rang up at $99.99. With it sitting on the shelves next to the AT-AT which is currently on sale for $89.99 it seemed a little steep, but I don't have any of the earlier releases of the Slave 1, so I went for it.

Ando
08-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Altogether, that's NOT a terrible price.

Breaking it down, you're getting 2 vehicles and 5 figures.

Starting at $100.00, takeaway the JSF ($25.00) = $75.00.

$75.00 - 5 figures at $8.00 per ($40.00), you're left with a $35.00 all new AOTC Slave I.

Even discounting the JSF and figures to 2007's prices ($20.00 for the JSF and $7.00 per figure/$35.00 = $55), you've got a $45.00 Slave I, which is still pretty good for an all new vehicle.

Since the only duplicates in this set (for me, and I suspect for everyone else...) are Anakin and Mace and even tho the JSF is a repaint, it's a new repaint, I feel IMO that this set is a pretty good value. But I can understand since it's bundled with stuff people may not want, that it's a bad deal.

I however can't wait to get it.

DarkJedi5
08-11-2010, 04:46 PM
Awesome find sonofskol! Do you think you could tip this bad boy over and give me the UPC number off of the bottom of the box (usually just below the barcode, 12 numbers in length), I'd really appreciate it so I can call my TRU and find out if they've got it before I get there!

bkusna
08-11-2010, 05:33 PM
I'm torn between buying this or another AT-AT.....:cross-eye

JediTricks
08-11-2010, 05:43 PM
I stopped by TRU on my way home and found this pack today...it is going to be a birthday present so I haven't opened it yet. I took a couple pics of the box though.

As reported elsewhere, this rang up at $99.99. With it sitting on the shelves next to the AT-AT which is currently on sale for $89.99 it seemed a little steep, but I don't have any of the earlier releases of the Slave 1, so I went for it.
Great find, thanks for posting the pics. I've published it in the news.

sonofsokol
08-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Awesome find sonofskol! Do you think you could tip this bad boy over and give me the UPC number off of the bottom of the box (usually just below the barcode, 12 numbers in length), I'd really appreciate it so I can call my TRU and find out if they've got it before I get there!

Here is the UPC

morpheus282
08-11-2010, 08:25 PM
$100 make this an easy pass for me. I just don't want it that badly. Slave 1 is nice, but nowhere near as nice as the AT-AT is to me. I'll wait for a $40-$50 single pack.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-11-2010, 08:45 PM
If we still had a TRU here, I might get it, but since I'd have to order it online, I probably won't bother.

El Chuxter
08-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Wow, I was coming here to report finding this at the TRU in Redlands, hoping for some sort of hero's welcome. Guess I missed out.

Maerj2000
08-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Did you ever know that you are our hero,
telling us about a $100 set where we only want ship
Did you ever know you're our hero,
We hope that they just re-release the Slave 1 by itself.

Thank you, thank you, thank God for you, the El Chuxster beneath our wings.

Flllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy, ffffffffffffffffffffffllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.... ...............

:razz:

jonthejedi
08-12-2010, 04:22 AM
I just want the Slave 1, Hasbro, that's all...I don't need another Jedi starfighter, ok. It's the ESB anniversary year for Pete's Sake...what were ya thinkin'?

Tycho
08-12-2010, 10:42 AM
What does Slave-One do? It's hard to tell by the pic of the box because it's small.

Is it a brand new mold, or a revision of the one we already have?

It comes with Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter, too?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-17-2010, 04:22 PM
I just want the Slave 1, Hasbro, that's all...I don't need another Jedi starfighter, ok. It's the ESB anniversary year for Pete's Sake...what were ya thinkin'?
I assume they were thinkin' that they they already created one huge ESB vehicle and did a ton of other commemorative stuff this year and figured they could also celebrate The Clone Wars a little bit by getting this out there. I think you'll survive.

DarkJedi5
08-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Oh my gosh this thing is sooo cool! I got home and immediately tore open the box. First off it's huge! Not as big as the EU sources think it should be but it can be put side by side with the BMF and at least look like it's in the same league. Some of the flaps are a little flimsy but the doors all batten down fairly snuggly and this looks simply amazing in flight position. Now I just can't wait to buy another in ESB colors. If you're on the fence about this one and can afford it, I highly recommend it, especially if you're like me and didn't by the previous AOTC version.

Tycho
08-18-2010, 07:00 PM
I agree. I bought Slave-One about a week ago and love it!

I posted in more detail in the LA Just Found Thread and the polling thread in Saga of "Would You Buy A Big Slave One?" or a title similar to that.

But I'm really happy with this purchase and surprised how much fun the packed-in Jedi Starfighter also is (I'd never bought one from that mold series).

But let me agree again with DarkJedi5: buy Slave One! This ship's a winner!

The Space Outlaw
08-19-2010, 09:04 AM
I definitely want it but I'd probably end up selling off the Jedi Starfighter and the figures (I hate the CW style and that ridiculous break-apart fighter) and just keep the Slave I by itself.

Ando
08-19-2010, 10:39 AM
Tycho, can you post some pics of the new Slave I if you get a chance? I have/had the 2002 AOTC version (I just gifted it to my nephews last night after they had a grueling day at the doctor having blood drawn).

I want to know how much bigger it is than the last version.

Snowtrooper
08-31-2010, 09:16 PM
For those of you who are interested, TRU.com has this new battle pack in stock for $109. Shipping is free since its over $75. I went ahead and ordered myself one, since the nearest TRU is over 170 miles away. Can hardly wait to have the Slave 1 in hand.

bkusna
08-31-2010, 10:02 PM
For those of you who are interested, TRU.com has this new battle pack in stock for $109. Shipping is free since its over $75. I went ahead and ordered myself one, since the nearest TRU is over 170 miles away. Can hardly wait to have the Slave 1 in hand.

where on the website? can't find it??????? never mind, it's under the "what's new" tab...thanks man

Ando
09-01-2010, 11:13 AM
My wife and I took a side trip to TRU last night and they had this new BattlePack on the shelf.

I picked it up. Looked at it. And then just put it down and walked away.

I told her to add it to my Christmas list. For some reason, I've lost interest in SW toys. Not sure if it's temporary or something else, but last night, I literally just didn't care. Which is weird, because in July, I was totally pumped for this set.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-17-2010, 09:16 PM
I ordered this a few days ago and opened it up yesterday. The Slave I is quite impressive-looking. It's not in scale with the show (and the movie scale is different for different shots), but it's still hefty, and significantly bigger than the 2002 mold. It seems less like a toy and more like a display piece or diorama backdrop, as the features mostly involve holding figures or accessories, which is cool but not the most exciting thing ever.

Mace's starfighter is standard stuff, so you should know what to expect by now.

The new Boba and Bossk figures are quite nice. Mace is the inferior 2008 one, and Anakin is the space suit mold, while R8-B7 is a repaint of R2-D2, still with holes for nonexistent rockets.

All in all, the set is slightly underwhelming but still cool.

JediTricks
09-18-2010, 01:06 AM
That's odd that they used the R2 mold when they could have used the R3-S6 which doesn't have those holes.

I think I'm going to pass on this set. There's too much I don't want, and Slave I by itself doesn't sound worth $100.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-18-2010, 01:21 AM
That's odd that they used the R2 mold when they could have used the R3-S6 which doesn't have those holes.

I think I'm going to pass on this set. There's too much I don't want, and Slave I by itself doesn't sound worth $100.
Maybe they're running the R3-S6 mold for R4-P17? Though that shouldn't be out for several weeks at least. It did strike me as odd, though.

Snowtrooper
09-18-2010, 12:00 PM

I didn't have this particular jedi starfighter and I liked the paint scheme, so this was the deal maker for me. If it would have been just about Slave I, I'd of passed on it too and waited for the OT release. $100 is too much for this if you're just interested in the Slave I.

bkusna
09-29-2010, 06:38 PM
TRU dropped the price to $99.99 today....

nohagent
09-30-2010, 07:04 PM
mine is still 109.99..............

Tycho
10-05-2010, 01:18 PM
I definitely want it but I'd probably end up selling off the Jedi Starfighter and the figures (I hate the CW style and that ridiculous break-apart fighter) and just keep the Slave I by itself.

I'd definitely want to buy Bossk, though I'm sure Hasbro will card him in the near future.

I really like the Jedi Starfighter. I didn't previously have this mold (mine were the 2002 versions of the Delta-7). However, I really only wanted Plo Koon's color scheme (coming out soon).

Ando: it sounds like you're growing up. To avoid this, try dressing up as a little girl for Halloween and blowing bubbles, and skipping down the sidewalk as you Trick-or-Treat. Then go to Toys R Us in the morning. Record this on video and then show everyone at your work the next day. You will love isolating yourself with new toys the very next day when no one else who knows you wants anything more to do with you. :yes:

Bel-Cam Jos
10-05-2010, 08:46 PM
If I was still a kid playing with SW toys, I'd be drooling over this (saw it for the first time today). Alas, it shall remain un-bought by me.

bkusna
10-05-2010, 09:11 PM
If I was still a kid playing with SW toys, I'd be drooling over this (saw it for the first time today). Alas, it shall remain un-bought by me.

It's on sale for $89.99 plus the 20% online discount code...makes it a little more reasonable plus a free nikto.....

Tycho
10-06-2010, 12:44 AM

Why aren't we still kids?

1. Space to put all this stuff - my biggest concern is running out of room.

1a. Living with others and space limitations (Well, I'm not married, don't want to live with a girl, and won't have children and risk passing my kidney disease on - plus I don't want kids and prefer peace and quiet, and freedom from responsibility). If you do not use birth control yourself (don't trust a girl) you may find yourself no longer able to make this choice.

2. Finances - well, earn more money so you don't have to make choices on what you purchase based on disposable income (if you can avoid this in the current rough economy). You still might be challenged by No. 1 above (space to put the stuff) but if it comes down to alternative choices for entertainment (for example, I love baseball games and rock concerts), getting more cash could give you more options.

3. Time - If you must work more to get more cash, this can happen: you won't have time to enjoy the alternatives such as baseball games and rock concerts and the 1/2 hour or hour you spend toy hunting becomes your only, totally arbitrary activity you have time to do, thereby decreasing its pleasure value because you don't have time to make any other choice (but to toy hunt from 8-9am before work, for example). I'd recommend saving for a non-working vacation before toy expenditures. You might not travel anywhere, but instead take time off work and just spend it and the extra money on completely self-entertaining things other than Star Wars. Then when you go back to Star Wars, it will feel as though you haven't missed out on anything else.

4. Completism - I never understood this. I decided I wanted to buy SW stuff to build dioramas - and sort of artistically express myself with the wars I make. Therefore, I skip figures I have no interest in, or re-carded ones, etc. Though I may have to army-build certain other figures. But because of reason No. 1 above (space to put your stuff), you have to define limitations. That RC Hailfire Droid looks fun, but though I want to play with one, I have no place to keep it, nor any "need" for it. (I have an extra hailfire droid still in its box as it is - the TRU exclusive one that I got for a gift and decided to raid for the General Grievous figure it came with, which I found useful to fight Nahdar Vebb and Kit Fisto when I got them).

But if you were going to start all over with the vintage-style cardbacks, it's really tough to say if you'll be satisfied. Ephant Mon is probably never going to be carded on a vintage-back and he is still (IMO) probably the greatest SW figure Hasbro has ever produced for the modern collection (2002). Everyone has their own favorite though, and I couldn't tell you if it will be on a vintage card or not. (I think Hasbro, well aware of how popular the vintage style cardbacks would be for even prequel figures) saved this idea to drag it out exactly when the economy would be struggling. Financial reports suggest Hasbro is actually profitting and Star Wars sales are very strong right now and even gaining!)

I'm going to repost this response in the General Disc forum since I think it's a much broader topic than just Slave-One.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-07-2010, 07:01 PM
What I meant was the PLAYING part. Laying on the ground, flying ships around the front/back yard, jamming them into the sand/dirt/mud/water, going "pitchu pitchu" and "pchkkkkkuh... boom! " all other the place.

Tycho
10-13-2010, 10:23 PM
Oh. Well then, I use the 2002 Attack of the Clones Slave-One and fly it around, chasing my cats, firing the missiles at them and dive-bombing them with the demolition charges. :twisted:

Then they chase the missiles and I tackle them to get 'em back and reload Slave-One.

With the exception of the Hailfire Droid (which you don't fly around), I don't think any other SW ship has as much firepower.

I love the "middle-child" Slave-One just as much as with this new one.

The new one has a great interior, but lacks the firepower and a handle (that could have been provided as well as easily folded in to hide it inside the curviture of the back underside of the ship) to provide it with the same "whoosh-factor."

jonthejedi
11-10-2010, 04:37 AM
Been mulling this set over...Now that it's 79.99 at TRU...would they let me use the 20% off card that came with their toy catalog also. That would knock the price down even furthur, but I wasn't sure that would work on top of the saLE.

mtriv73
11-10-2010, 08:00 PM
It's worth a shot using the 20% off card. The worst they can say is no. Slave 1 by itself would be worth $80 though. I gave all the other carp that came with it to my 3 year old.

El Chuxter
11-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Usually, they'll let you use the 20% off cards in conjunction with markdowns. I'm not sure about weekly sales, but think they let you use them then, too. In any case, the Slave I isn't a weekly markdown, but a longer-term price reduction.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-20-2011, 01:54 AM
I was near Seattle today and stopped by a TRU on the way back (there isn't one near me anymore). I ended up getting this set. I almost passed, but decided to get it. An improved Slave I and three exclusive figures helped make the decision.

Tycho
03-30-2011, 03:05 AM
Tell us if you opened it and liked it MSP. Tell us! Yeah! Winning!

Mad Slanted Powers
03-30-2011, 08:36 AM
I don't really have room to have something like that opened at this point. My AT-AT and BMF are still in the box.

Tycho
03-30-2011, 10:30 PM
I understand. My BAT-AT is still in its box, but I had to open the other 2 and the big prequel land vehicles.